Support Groups - eisoptrophobic kind of kine

View Full Version : eisoptrophobic kind of kine

Cowpernia
03-18-2007, 08:18 PM
My tiny baby did not get a scholarship for study abroad. He is down in the dumps as lcp gets money to travel all the time. She is going to Ecuador in a couple of weeks. Well, actually DS has $2,000 in this kind of scholarship put away for him when he entered the Univeristy but that's old stuff and he wants more. I think they didn't give him more as they want to give money to people who have no help. The whole cost is about $4,000 and he hasn't been accepted YET as he turned everything in late. Will he ever learn? Or will it continue to be a conspiracy against him?

I am getting used to young little critters saying they're old. Go ahead. I will get you back.

I really miss Shots.

Bagzz
03-18-2007, 11:20 PM
ahhhhhhhhh that was a lovely party i had over at divine bovines!!! thank you so much--it's amazing the attention one can garner when one demands it!!! i did have a lovely day---flowers arrived,gifts were brought,phonecalls and e-cards were received----it's almost as if everyone was celebrating that THEY were fortunately NOT fifty!!!!!!A celebration of the misfortune of others!!! how novel!!!! just kidding---i had a great day and i am just glad that the hurdle has been knocked down{ i could never get over them without tipping } and i can get on with the business of decrepitude . why can't i write one sentence that doesn't end in a negative downturn---hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm must be my AGEhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-----wrapping up---thanks for all greetings---- and i am so glad that poor kiwonkers is over that unbelievably labour intensive sign-making----you need a vacation to recover!!!! we have the same nasty weekend you had and now there is a lovely light dusting of snow covering the ice so we can all fall down and crack our skulls-----------i hope you get that hip looked after--it's like having a toothache in your bones---horrible pain-----by the way---too bad i didn't know how ella started into her fifties---that might have been fun to try---except for the divorce--i like this dh.SEE YOU SOON!!!!! I AM IN MY EFFIN FIFTIES!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Cherry Cow
03-19-2007, 01:16 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAGZIIEEEE!!!

Peachie, sorry your ds didn't get his scholarship.

PainterWoman
03-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Cow: Isn't it tough when our kids don't get what they want? AND when they half shot themselves in the foot, too? I'm finding out over and over that different people are motivated by different situations, and wounded by different situations. I'm trying to remember that we're all human, but have different strengths and weaknesses to apply to life's lessons.
Any new socks at your place?

Baggz: Belated best wishes. I just heard on TV that Diane Keeton and Goldie Hawn are 60+.. If they look that good, it's gonna be hard to get much sympathy for being 50.

Hope you all have a happy week and feel young.

SugP
03-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Bagzeeeeee!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I was off somewhere drinking Cosmos (only one, I actually don't drink but sometimes I just happen to find a glass in my hand and don't want to waste it) and couldn't post. You are FABULOUS at 50. No doubt about that.

Well, I had a great, great, fun-filled weekend of laughing and whining. I was just imagining a get-together with you cows and I think it would have turned out the same. Now I have a headache and my voice is gone. Stayed up too late, ate Taco Bell (someone has military connections) and Doritos, drank Fresca and Dr. Pepper. Burp.

Scary stuff on the way home last night. We were already a half hour behind schedule, nothing new for the Deutsche Bahn, and about 8 p.m. the train stops suddenly in the pitch dark and the lady in charge announces in this shaky voice that there had been a group of children playing on the tracks(!!!!!) and that the train *might* have hit one of them so we had to stay put until they found out. She was trying to be professional but could hardly keep from crying, poor thing. Ooog. You can imagine the look of horror on the passengers faces thinking about a possibly dead or maimed child lying outside. Simply awful. After about 10 minutes they finally told us that no one had been injured and we took off again but the train driver had to go very slowly since he was in shock. I bet.

Today I have a headache. I need to get our stuff ready to go to Denmark on Saturday. I need to plan some Easter stuff since we get back the evening before Easter Sunday. Help.

Will catch up with y'all later and offer sympathy to ailing cows and cow offspring.

Cowpernia
03-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Gosh, Sugar, that puts me in shock, too.

Thanks for all the sympathy for ds's scholarship. I must go take car to mechanic for a/c repair. Sob. $$$$

Wabby
03-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Just poppin' in here to wish Miz Bagzie a happy belated birthday. You'll always be younger than me, sweetie, so there. Lordy, lordy, I'm almost 51. Watch out. If you keep complaining of old age, Peaches will get really crotchedy.

ellabella
03-19-2007, 03:07 PM
'Allo, you lovely herd, you -

This has been a very nasty weekend for moi. Dunno :shrug: what the heck I've got going on, but started with a sore throat Thursday at work, and it just progressed from there to coughing, stuffed up and miserable. Stayed home today hoping I'd really start to feel better and be up and at 'em tomorrow morning, but I'm not so sure. I had some of my own (and therefore delicious, nutritious, and fresh) egg salad with some salad greens in a high-fiber pita for lunch, and was promptly...um....sick. :barf: Enuf said on THAT subject. Feeling cwappy, tho, and that's the truth.

Friday night it took DH FIVE HOURS to get home from Manchester, NH. Can you imagine? The roads were really awful. He missed the exit onto 495 because another car had skidded across it, and had to go all the way to 128 - almost to Boston - and from there to catch the 'Pike. Lawdy, Lawdy. On FRIDAY I was glad I was home sick. Today it's getting a little old. I'll be glad when he's working closer to home.

Sorry about DS's scholarship, Cowpers. Kids his age get disappointed over stuff like that, and I sometimes envy them because they're too young and inexperienced to know that there are worse disappointments in life than a trip not taken. Better they don't know that for as long as possible.

SO glad you enjoyed your 50th, Bagzz. I believe that Sug was right about Oprah's saying it's the new 30. (Easy for HER to say, of course). I think she's right, though. You probably haven't had any reason to look at ads for those upscale retirement communities (and all I do is look when I come across a magazine in the dentist's office) but it's interesting to me that all the women - and men, too, for that matter - in those ads look like they're 30, except they have silver hair. Kinda like Lane Bryant using all skinny models, yanno? :shrug:

Glad, too, that your DD is safe and sound, Kiwi. Is there anything they can do medically for Bursitis? If I remember correctly, my mother used to have it in her shoulder and the Dr. gave her...hmmmm...was it Cortisone? shots.

Guess I'll lie down for a bit with a book and see if I can nap a bit. Might feel better when I wake up. :dz:

Take good care, all,

Ella :wave:

PainterWoman
03-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Sug-- Glad that children and train driver were OK.
I wish I were getting to go to Denmark. We met the nicest Danish cop and his wife and daughter on the airport bus in LOS ANGELES. He'd gone to some police convention held by the LA PD. They were from Jutland. Say hi to the little Mermaid if you get to Copenhagen.

To the rest... Cheers... no new news from here.

Kiwonk
03-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Will he ever learn? Or will it continue to be a conspiracy against him?

I really miss Shots.Oh I think eventually he will learn that he can make things go better all by himself. It might take him a few decades...

Heard from Schatzi, she's recovering from ear surgery and laying low, hopes to be back in a week or so.

I think I can only answer one message at a time.

k

Kiwonk
03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Forgot to compliment Peachie on her esoteric sobriquet for this thread.

- and i am so glad that poor kiwonkers is over that unbelievably labour intensive sign-making----you need a vacation to recover!!!! we have the same nasty weekend you had and now there is a lovely light dusting of snow covering the ice so we can all fall down and crack our skulls-----------i hope you get that hip looked after-Yes, we got that dusting too, although it's blowing around like crazy now. Well, I went to the ER yesterday, because I couldn't get an appt. with my doctor. They told me exactly what I knew they would. I have bursitis, the x-ray was fine (of which I am glad, no arthritis..yet..), and here's an anti-inflammatory. Oh and they gave me vicodin, so now I can take that without feeling guilty.

I AM IN MY EFFIN FIFTIES!:carrot: There, now you're getting the hang of it.

Dh and DD went skiing today, up at Crabbe Mtn. I'd have come along for the ride if not for the stupid hip. I might even have driven a tad bit further just to go shopping at a certain lovely shop.... As it is I am sitting home hoping the drugs kick in, writing emails and posts, instead.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Curiious about who Kiwi left a message for on last thread. Who was puzzled? we're all here? Explain this Ricky.

Kiwonk
03-21-2007, 03:24 AM
'splaining: um. maybe schatzi?

ummmmmmmmm,, in my narcotic haze i was trying to help the poor and brainfogged?

:chin:

okay you caught me .. i was leaving breadcrumbs for dusty jane.

Cowpernia
03-21-2007, 07:36 PM
We don't normally give a link to the new thread which is inches away so I had to ask.

Kiwonk
03-21-2007, 08:00 PM
:boxing:

Cowpernia
03-21-2007, 10:03 PM
This is why you and I could never live together. I'm glad you went straight and married that man.

PainterWoman
03-22-2007, 03:07 AM
Did you see the new Newsweek. Exercising keeps you healthy, makes your brain work, and (so they say) prevents recurrence of breast cancer.
Guess I really must get moving no matter how much my bones hurt. :cool: Anybody who knows how to exercise vigorously without overdoing to the point of suicidal thoughts and/or immobility the next day? Do tell.

ellabella
03-22-2007, 07:14 AM
There's an exercise routine in this month's Oprah magazine that can be tailored to any starting fitness level. Seems pretty simple - 20 minutes three times a week. I'm going to give it a try, I think.

Have a good day -
Ella :df:

Kiwonk
03-22-2007, 02:09 PM
This is why you and I could never live together. I'm glad you went straight and married that man.Admit it, you miss those trips to the ER. I know you keep the evidence photos in a shoebox in the closet.

Schatzi
03-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Poppin in to :wave: The Schatzinator is back in da house! :woohoo:
MOOOOOOOOOOOve over and make way !

I missed my lettle herdlings! :moo:

too much to catch up on but WhadImissWhatImiss????:hyper:
Happy effin Birthday to haggybaggy!!!!!!
Welcome new leetle ellabella!
KIWI, way crazy glittermaker name thingie

Kiwonk
03-22-2007, 02:37 PM
There's an exercise routine in this month's Oprah magazine that can be tailored to any starting fitness level. Seems pretty simple - 20 minutes three times a week. Okay, give details. By the time this vicodin wears off, this month's issue will no doubt have disappeared from the shelves.

I'm starting to understand House

Tuesday night I felt so much better that I told DD I would drive her to the bus station in the big city Wednesday. She wanted to go see the BF for a couple days and ride back home with him Friday, otherwise she would have driven herself (his school is about 4 hours away). Unfortunately, yesterday I felt horrible, but I went anyway. She drove down, so that wasn't bad at all, we got to have a nice chat. But driving back was miserable.

DH was busy helping our plowguy friend get his plow back on his truck and clearing our driveway of the giant ice hills. The cleared drive was a short-lived benefit -- it has been raining and freezing on top of it all day today.

Hope all are well or getting better. Later cowsies.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
You be back! Good to see you! How are you doing?

Schatzi
03-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm on the mend.. I had a check see with the Doc today.. my ear innards (that's a highly technical medical term) are healing up nicely.. I havent had any balance or dizziness :dizzy: in about a week. The constant ear pain is all but gone!!!!.. The inane ringing continues as well as hearing problems but Ear doc says that fingers crossed, I should get relief from that too... He is hoping to remove at least the left ear tube/hose thingie in a month ..Hoses! Tubes! Drainage! Suction... my ear doc is a glorified plumber :lol3:
Thanks fer askin doll!

Kiwonk
03-22-2007, 03:10 PM
The inane ringing continues as well as hearing problems but Ear doc says that fingers crossed, I should get relief from that too...I sure hope so. I daresay constant ringing would drive me around the bend.

Dang. I've got a puter infection. I think I'd better go scan and repair.

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Hello !!!! Glad To See The Shatzmeister Is Back Mooing And Snorting!!!! Someone Tell Us About The Oprah Thing---i Think I Have That Book----must Look---------but I Have To Say!!!! I Am Really Lovin That Yoga Class With The Cute Instructor----he Told Us About His New Woman Who Is A Yogachick----------------he Should Be Like The Movie Stars And Not Tell The Ladies That He Is Taken---all The Old Hags That Go To Yoga Are Gaga Over Him!!! ---poor Kiwi!!!!!---i Would Have Been So Thrilled To See You Show Up At The Shop!!!!! Get Better!!

ellabella
03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
No need to buy the mag - it's online, even the video. Here's the link. Perfect for cowsies like moi who are still aren't ready to let it all hang out at the yoga studio - ESPECIALLY with a cute instructor! :o

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200611/tows_past_20061102_b.jhtml

Have fun,

Cowpernia
03-23-2007, 04:26 AM
I am so depressed thinking about all the bad old memories Kiwi is bringing up.

Get well, everybody. Well well well.

Bagz, what are you doing with the Yogahunk? Can you send me a picture of you doing the plow? If I did it, which I can't, my stomach would smother me I think.

SugP
03-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi cowies! Sorry for being so quiet lately. We're off to Denmark tomorrow for two weeks so I'm going to be even quieter. If you do hear a noise, it's just me eating all that yummy Danish cheese.

Hope your arm feels better very soon Kiwi! Don't kow what's up with the slow picture loading. It seems to have gotten worse with stupid Blogger Beta.

Welcome back, Schatz! So glad you're on the mend. Ear stuff is just awful.

Hi Ella! I haven't even had a chance to read your posts yet and get to know you virtually. Will do so when I return.

Peachy - I won't be here for your birthday but I'll be eating cake in your honour. Chocolate or vanilla frosting?

Bagzie, Wabby, Cherry - :hug:

See yas!

Kiwonk
03-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Peachie darling, false memories are not supposed to be depressing. Remember the time we went to San Francisco and put flowers in the National Guardsmen's gun barrels? And then we saw Moby Grape?

I am puzzled. Every morning I am in excruciating pain, and then by evening it is almost completely gone, so much so that I think it must be getting all better, then I foolishly go to bed again. Perhaps I should sleep standing up? If I stayed up all night and slept all day, it would reverse, right?

I am going to the Hospital Variety Show tonight. That's a good place to be if you don't feel good, right?

Thanks for the link, ellabella, I'll check it out onnathese days.

Kiwi

Schatzi
03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Suggie- ooooh Denmark! How fun..have a superfantastic time! Eat a cheese for me.

Kiwi, I know how frustrated and in pain you are. I send healing vibes darlin!

my favorite false memory was when we all went up to Kiwi's to ski. Peachie got tangled in a tree, and bagz had to dislodge her. We went back to Kiwiland where Sugar made us hot chocolate and scones... but we decided on mimosas and cheetos instead..then Wabby had us all play bunco. Painty knitted us hats.. and Cherry sat by the fire studying for a test. .... ah, good times....

Bagzz
03-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I REMEMBER THAT SHATZI!!! I THINK I BROUGHT CHICKEN BONES FOR EVERYONE AND WE ALL DRANK MARGARITAS AND TALKED ABOUT HOW PEACHERS WAS STILL HUNTING FOR HER GREEN SHOE---THEN WE ALL PRAYED AND PASSED THE AMMUNITION.{CAUSE DUSTY ROSE WAS HANGING IN THE BUSHES WITH HER FRIEND DATA AND THEY WERE RECITING AFFIRMATIONS}--- i know that was a little too far back for some people but trust me,it was fun!!!

Bagzz
03-23-2007, 04:53 PM
that is our cat BOB,basking in the sun---isn't he a handsome lad.

ellabella
03-23-2007, 05:53 PM
By golly, I remember that! 'Deed I do! Shatzi! That's where we first met! Donchew remember? I was the one in the corner wif' the turban reading tarot cards! I had those big hoop earrings on that Kiwi's parrot kept perching on. And then she gave us that *odd* drink :cheers: and we all got very, very small and fell down the wabbit hole and the queen of hearts :queen: kept yelling "off with their heads!" and we didn't care because our heads were already rolling down the path in front of us :spin: , and the wicked witch of the east lost her ruby slippers and sure enough, SugP was wearing them and we all said "Ahah!" Then that there cute yoga instructor-guy camed riding by on his white horse and I looked away because I didn't want him to see that I couldn't do the swan or the pelican, or the french guinea hen or whatever the heck that pose is called, and somebody, but not me, rode off into the sunset in a big old red caddilac with tail fins and Dwight D. Eisenhower???? Is THAT the false memory you're talking about? Oh, I LOVE that one! :lol:

I haven't done the exercises yet. I am a pitiful :( , if tremendously well-meaning person.

DH has a job interview this week at a big health care conglomerate...fingers and toes are crossed.:crossed:

I am mostly recovered from the flu. 'Twas a nasty thing. Still having a coughing/sneezing bout several times a day and still need Tylenol multi-symptom cold nighttime to sleep. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln...

Kiwi, poor darlin'. Apparently moving around helps and inactivity hurts whatever ails you. Tell DH to wake up every hour on the hour and move your limbs about vigorously. Tell him not to wake you. I think this will work.

I have a big weekend planned. Grocery shopping tomorrow and the kids over for dinner on Sunday except for DS who is STILL :cry: in LA, and will be there forever it looks like. (Except at the end of June he's coming home for a nine-day visit) :dance:

TTFN,

Cowpernia
03-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Chocolate whenever possible, Sugar.

Shots, you really know how to remember good stuff! That post read like a chapater from Little Women.

I haven't heard from DS for two days and he isn't answering phone. I'm going to drive over and thump him on the head.

ellabella
03-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Cowpernia, m'luv, two days for moi would seem heavenly. And him being close enough for me to drive over and thump him on his head is a downright luxury! I'm jealous! :cry:

Ella :kickcan:

PainterWoman
03-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I musta missed those memories! But they were great to be reminded of.

Amazingly enough, at the Oncologist’s office this morning I weighed (dressed) what I weighed the day before in my birthday suit. Whoopee! That was a victory of sorts.
And my blood pressure was down considerably. And THAT even after the news about Elizabeth Edwards’ cancer recurrence. My oncologist listened to my complaints and actually said my symptoms (and what I perceive as failings) are not MY FAULT. He joined the chorus of people who wonder why I am so hard on myself. Of course I wept. Then he said that the Arimidex only made 1% difference over Tamoxifen, and that Tamoxifen was tolerated better by lots of people. I am willing to trade 1 % recurrence danger to feel better than I have been. He also gave me a Rx for something to minimize myhot-flashes. (I’ve been having about 5 per day.) I read the stuff about it on line and it is ALSO SUPPOSED TO LOWER ANXIETY. I hope I’ll chill out. Baggz, if it all works, I'll let you know what it is and you can vent at your MD. These pills are all generic now, so they don't even cost ALL that much. Oh, and I kept my food log. I didn’t eat according to today’s plan exactly, but I’m still in the ball park. That really feels good.

Cowpernia
03-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Ella, my son is 18, 4-and-a-half hours away, and he did return my call finally.

Who are you talking about? Your son? Where do they go after college?

I'm going to spend two days at the hotel on this campus. I made reservations then told him so he wouldn't leave town. Really looking forward to it. I'll get there on Easter so I hope there's something to eat.

Cowpernia
03-23-2007, 10:47 PM
I clicked on beauiful bob and learned what Bagz's interests are!!! You are more complex than me, sweetie. I just gain.

I watched a frustrated woman at work today write a letter to the parents of our kids who aren't bringing in the forms she needs to help them get what they want. She wrote "If you don't understand this call me." I told her that sounded a bit like talking down. Then she wrote, "If you need assistance," turned and looked at me all frazzled and said, "I should say 'help" not 'assistance' shouldn't I?" LOL. It's a difficult place to work.

Cowpernia
03-23-2007, 10:52 PM
and Sugar is a professional cow!!!
and Kiwi posted a photo of her gorgeous self and one of the Rockettes!!!

ellabella
03-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Oh, Cowpernia, how blessed you are! (I forget sometimes that you're considerably younger than me :( ) Of COURSE your DS is only 18! Mine is 25, and he's my baby. He went out to UCLA to work on his grad degree -and, I do believe, to put some distance between himself and an extremely clingy GF. This was almost three years ago. He's only been back for visits ever since. He's now managing a club called "The Backstage cafe" in Beverly Hills and enjoying his life immensely, it looks like. New live-in girlfriend, too. I'm happy that he's happy, but miss him terribly. I really do. He was a young teen when I was going through my divorce from his father, and he & I saw each other through a rough couple of years. My youngest girl had just started her freshman year in college and was living on campus. My other two girls had already graduated, and both were married. SO, DS and I had a very close relationship. We still talk on the phone once a month or so, and we see him a couple of times a year, but there really is a hole in my life that he used to fill. :cry:
Beautiful Bob? Kiwi & the Rockettes? :?: I'm lost. Is there some secret, well-hidden members-only place that y'all have somewhere here in the great web where you have another conversation going? Kewl! Maybe if I behave myself for...um....another few years, you'll teach me the secret handshake? (I'm very patient - you don't get this old without learning patience :p )
Today is my day for weighing. I usually do it at @ 11:00 in the AM on Saturdays. I'm a little worried. I have been SO GOOD all week long, and then yesterday, I had to go to Pittsfield, MA on business (a two-hour drive from where I live) and after my meeting, stopped at a Friendly's for a quick lunch. I THOUGHT they had some low cal offerings, and at worst, I could get myself a salad. Well, to make a long story short, I ordered a chicken quesadilla, thinking that wouldn't be too bad...I must've had a brain f*rt, because when I got home, I looked up a stinking quesadilla on Calorie King, and they're about 900 calories apiece! OMIGOD! So, adding in my mid-morning apple & peanut butter, and munching on some high fiber wheat crackers on the way up, I had about 43 lousy calories left for supper and I was HUNGRY! DH picked up a rotisseried chicken on the way home from work, and some steamed brocolli & carrots. I ate some. :(
Well, have a great day, all....I'm working on my shopping list, and may buy an exercise bike. I'm checking them out, anyway, since walking isn't such a pleasant experience for me.

Cowpernia
03-24-2007, 09:53 AM
El, click on the pictures. Beautiful Bob is the kitty in Bagz's photo. I must say this before Kiwi posts a link to all aforementioned references. Honestly, when we lived together, she kept a thesaurus in every room and read it to all my guests.

Schatzi
03-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Heeeheeeeeee Ellabella.... Beautiful Bob is Baggy's cat. Bobcat- isn't she clever! And if you click on Kiwis profile you will be treated to the loverly taffy haired kiwi and DD, the long legged multitalented offspring.
It is unbelievable how many calories are in things we think are inocuous eh? When I think I'm in a good calorie range I rethink it only to discover that most times my portion sizes qualify for tripling the cals in everything. CRAP!
Sounds like you have a loverly family Ella, all so well accomplished!
I am the Barren Cow: I have 2 fur childrens and a darling DH and I've taken a fancy to feeding birds. Such a variety down here. in Joisey all I saw were horrid Candien Geese, brown swallows and morning doves for themost part. Here I get cardinals, jays, woodpeckers finches hummingbirds... In my declining years I shall be known as the crazy dog and bird lady.

KIWI: please report in! How did the hospital visit go? I order complete bedrest, hours of mindless TV and take 2 bon bons.

Painty: Dear, I don't miss the days of feeling compelled to rip all my clothes off and jump in an ice bath! I opted for no hormone replacement, the mental pause brain fog and mood swings are things I had to learn to be patient with. Tis hard. I had to sleep with a fan on for years, and kept a wet cloth at my bed side to cool myself at night.

Cowface: How is DS doing in school? is he keeping up his grades? When do you leave for this jaunt? ARe we knitting soft socks?

Wabby: POST NO LURKING!!!

I need another cup of cawfee, and then I gotta hit the books. :book2: I completed my application to see if I qualify to sit for the exam. They wanted all your projects over the last 8 years broken into hours of time you spent in each of the "vital" knowledge areas. How the H*LL do you do that!!! It took me 3 days!!!! Then they send a note saying that they will have an answer within 5 days as to whether you will be "granted the opportunity" to pay for the exam and sit for it. And we might audit your application. So you have to call all your references to put them on alert. And since my hearing is compromised right now... that was a chore in itself! What a rigamarole....
Lets seee: Oh, the land deal is off! We went out there in January to id where we needed the Perc Test to be done. And we had no word from the developer in near 2 months... so he sends a email saying: We are still working with Duke Power on moving the telephone poles and I havent done the Perc test yet -- at that point DH no longer trusts the guy.. and with the forecast for the housing market, it looks like it would be more advantageous for us to sit and wait.

Thats all thats new from Gary Gnu.

Cowpernia
03-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I want bon bons. I don't know how DS is doing in school. Teenagers, as Bagz has explained to me, only tell the good stuff to their peers. Moms hear the stuff that makes life a tragedy.

My roommate makes a lot of noise
My teacher decides what grade to give you BEFORE the test
There's no place to eat
I drove out-of-town for a fencing tourney and couldn't find it
The book I need is not in the bookstore

Speaking of roommates and selves, when I went for the tooth surgery, I learned that when he stood bleeding into the sink, there was NoThInG in the room to clean the sink with. Four boys share a toilet and shower and a maid cleans that room weekly. The sink is in his room that he shares with one boy. They have NOTHING to clean with. I said, "Where's your bath soap?" He reached into a box and pulled out a fragment of soap about as big as a half dollar, rounded on one end and ragged on the other. Dry it was. Very dry. I sent him home with all kinds of soap related materials.

And Bob's your uncle.

ellabella
03-24-2007, 11:45 AM
LOL, Cowp!!!! That's how my son lived when he was in school! You wonder how they survive those unhygienic years, yanno? NOW, he claims his GF says he's an impossible clean-freak! (Maybe to make up for lost time?) ;)

Oh, lord, Painter. Please take good care of yourself! All that on TOP of the freaking hot flashes! Yup...those are not among my dearest of memories, lemmetellya!

Sorry to hear about the land fizzling out, Shatzi. :( When I was grazing back into old posts trying to figure out who y'all were, I saw those pics you posted of the house plans. Just gorgeous! My sis lives in Hendersonville, and DH & I have been doing a little informal looking around in the outskirts of Charlotte, thinking to get ourselves a nice little retirement hideaway. DH is an artist in his spare time, and I do some sculpting, and the art scene in Charlotte is up & coming. More so in the Asheville area, but the property costs twice as much.

Hope we hear soon how Kiwi's doing. Pain is a nasty thing.

Hi to Cherrycow & Wabby!!!! :wave:

Hope SugP is enjoying Denmark. Maybe someday I'll do a little touring in Europe. Been wanting to for a long time, but the time has never been right for some reason.

I WEIGHED myself a few minutes ago. Lost ONE measly pound!!! I know, I know...better than gaining one, but even so....I can't help but blame it on that freaking quesadilla! NOW I'm really gonna count every stray calorie that I put in my big ole mouth...

(Don't know how to change the lbs on my avatar, either. I fergit. :p )

Have a great day, y'all! (practicing my drawl for some day in NC....)

Ella :moo:

Kiwonk
03-24-2007, 03:33 PM
my favorite false memory was when we all went up to Kiwi's to ski. Ah yes, what a lovely time.... I have pictures of that, see below...
that is our cat BOB,basking in the sun---isn't he a handsome lad.Indeed he is, great photo!
I had those big hoop earrings on that Kiwi's parrot kept perching on. Oh sure, I remember that. You know, that parrot had a very restless spirit; he moved on shortly after that and last I heard he had taken a ride on the Space Shuttle.

Best of luck to your DH on the job interview. Glad to hear your almost? out of the woods with your flu.
Tell DH to wake up every hour on the hour and move your limbs about vigorously. Tell him not to wake you. I think this will work.Oh that sounds like something he would enjoy...
Amazingly enough, at the Oncologist’s office this morning I weighed (dressed) what I weighed the day before in my birthday suit. Whoopee! That was a victory of sorts.We take 'em where can get 'em, eh? Sounds like you're doing all the right things. Good results will surely follow!
Where do they go after college? <shudder> I don't even want to think about that. If DD moves to the west coast, I may have to do the same, I don't think I could stand that kind of distance on a permanent basis. Right now she is mulling over Junior Year abroad options. I have encouraged her to look into the college's program in London, but another good possibility is the Amer. Univ. in Cairo. :fr: Which would no doubt be a fantastic opportunity. But :fr: Oh well I'll fall off that bridge when I come to it.
Honestly, when we lived together, she kept a thesaurus in every room and read it to all my guests.I beg your pardon, I only had one thesaurus and I memorized it. You only thought there was one in every room. Remember that science experiement in the back of the refrigerator? That put me off chickpeas forever.
KIWI: please report in! How did the hospital visit go? I order complete bedrest, hours of mindless TV and take 2 bon bons.They told me what I already suspected: bursitis -- take anti-inflammatories. Plus vicodin, which I have always been a bit suspicious of, but I have to admit it's better than endless pain. I'm starting to wonder though, about this diagnosis -- I feel better when I am walking than any other time, that doesn't sound like my last bout with bursitis. :shrug: I still can't get an appt with my dr. (I'm on the cancellation list), although I did manage to see him onstage last night dressed in women's clothes. Not in my dreams, that's what passes for entertainment in this town.

Sorry to hear the land deal is off, but no doubt it's better to cut your losses and start again when you run into one of those foot-draggers. You really can't trust people like that, I don't think.
Moms hear the stuff that makes life a tragedy.
Ha, isn't that the truth!
My sis lives in Hendersonville, and DH & I have been doing a little informal looking around in the outskirts of Charlotte, thinking to get ourselves a nice little retirement hideaway. DH is an artist in his spare time, and I do some sculpting, and the art scene in Charlotte is up & coming. More so in the Asheville area, but the property costs twice as much.
Really? I'd have thought prices were higher in the Charlotte area. You must be looking well out of the city. I'll tell you one thing about Charlotte -- nightmare traffic -- and it gets worse every year from what I've seen. We lived in the city from the mid sixties; my parents sold the house 15+ years ago. Where we lived looked like a lovely suburban neighborhood; I used to bicycle across the 4-lane main artery regularly to go to the shopping center. You could drive to pretty much any point in Charlotte in 15 minutes. By the time my parents sold the house, you couldn't even get onto that main road from our neighborhood even in a car! You had to take back ways to get around or sit in traffic forever. They moved north of Charlotte and watched the city expand in all directions and the traffic get worse and worse. They now live in Davidson which we used to think of as pretty far away (maybe a 45 minute drive), and if they get on the interstate around rush hour it can take 2+ hours to get into Charlotte. My brother in law does that commute every day.

So, long story short, I have lots of connections in the Charlotte area. Would be glad to ask questions to get a local perspective if you want. Charlotte is a beautiful area, but I think you really want to know what you're getting into.

Well, DH invited the h.s. band teacher over tomorrow to work with him on a computer thing, so it seems I'll have to go do some housework. Yay. :barf:

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-24-2007, 08:44 PM
[B][/KIWONKERS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PUT THAT PICTURE OF MY ARSE HANGING OUT OF THE TREE!! SHOW SOME COMPASSION---I WILL HAVE TO POST A PICTURE OF YOU IN A COMPROMISING POSTITION!!!!!

Cowpernia
03-24-2007, 09:07 PM
LOL !!!! Now THAT is funny! Why is the picture so brittle around you, Kiwi? Were you flapping around trying to get up? I know it's REALLY you because YOUR NAME is on the photo. Unlike Big Butt which could be anyone. Bagz provides documentation.

And the word ARSE is so effin amusing.

Bagzz
03-24-2007, 09:41 PM
WHAT IS REALLY AMUSING IS COWPERN SWEARING----LIKE EFFIN SWEARING!!! I THINK WE HAVE CORRUPTED THE PROPER MS PEACH!!! a little known fact outside the herd----miss cowpern used to get weighed in public downt the winn dixie-----i think the grampasaurus rexes used to keep a log of her progress posted on the public announcement corkboard by the grocery carts.

Cowpernia
03-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Hudda.

Cursing in other languages like Canadian is not really cursing. LCP says "Bollocks" all the time.

Can a person not join Facebook anonomously?

I have something to say about my job with the kids. Persons picking up their kids have to sign a book in TWO places. Often they don't. They skip one or both or put the the time but not their name or in other way don't do it right. On my performance evaluation the other day, I was given a low score because of all the places not signed correctly. The director had signed out her nephew the day before, put the time and not her name. So I said, "You're writing me up for this and you didn't sign out bobby yesterday?"

Her: "I did sign him out."

Me: "You put the time. You didn't sign it."

Her mouth got really really open hugely like a lion and she yelled, "I'll go sign it for you but it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY."

Got that? One thing I hate about ageing is that you keep running into the same old crap over and over. Incompetent bosses are one of the things I run into and hate.

ellabella
03-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Omigod, Cowp! I had to read that last section of your post about running into incompetent bosses to my DH! I may have mentioned that he's a software engineer. In other words, he designs software applications for the hospital where he works. About a year ago, his department got a new boss - "Team leader", they call him - who knows diddly squat about software design (DH says he's a "hardware guy" whose job is mostly to keep the systems running) and has, as a result, totally unreal expectations about software design. They have come to near blows frequently, and most recently (which is why DH is job-searching) they came too close to blows for comfort. The "Team Leader's Team Leader (one pictures team leader after team leader telescoping into eternity...where does it all end?) had to get involved, and it turns out that she doesn't know any more than he does, and naturally took his boss's side, making milque-toasty suggestions about how DH could "improve his performance". Hah! Needless to say, he's been steaming thru the ears ever since, and determined, now, to get out of there ASAP. :mad:

Luckily, I work pretty autonomously out of my own office, and with little human interaction except for a couple or seven meetings a week that invariably feel like a gross waste of time. I have a lovely "gal Friday" sort of person who has adjusted herself admirably to my temperament, which can be quite intimidating to little young newbies who drift about looking shell shocked. She knows that if left alone, and interrupted only when a fresh pot of coffee has been perked, I can be a remarkably pleasant and sunny person. I have even been known on occasion (admittedly rare, but I have done it) to ask after her family or inquire as to where she's planning to vacation this year. This, of course, is something that she wisely keeps to herself, as it would tarnish my image considerably (the old recluse occupying that big office on the fourth floor; I wonder what she actually DOES????? :lol3: )

But yes, and yes! :yes: The older we get (and you ain't seen nuthin' yet, hunny!) the more incompetence surrounds us, and frequently on the admin. level. How they got there or why is STILL a mystery to me!

End of rant.

Have a good day!

Cowpernia
03-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Elly, we have a snitch at work who casually walks through all the rooms and reports back to the director. On my performance eval, I read that I had "said" something that I did not say to the director. Sometimes the snitch "reveals" things like she once hit a child or she doesn't like some other child and I feel that she's baiting me. So .... all these references to my age .... are you trying to find out how old I am? It's just not in my bottle of conversational items. I hate Painty's thing about age at the bottom of her posts. I can't help how old I am and it keeps getting worse. That's all I want to say about it.

I am going to sell beer and chips today.

Schatzi
03-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I love Arse too... Sounds Piratey. Arrrrg! Move yer arse matey afore I tieya to the mast!

Keep ta yerself Pernie. The "management staff" sounds as dysfunctional as some of them poor childruns.

Went to dinner and a movie last night... A love not cooking... we saw 300 that Spartan movie. The CGI crap was distracting but it was fairly historically accurate. I love history - can't wait for "The Tudors" coming on Showtime channel....

I'm off to walk the furkids. tah tah dahlinks!

ellabella
03-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Ummmm, Cowpie, I think it's been well established that I'm the elderly one here. I've never been one, though, to hold anyone's comparative youth against them, so I'm definitely NOT fishing for info, honest. :nono: <~~~ really looks like me!

Shatzi, Your furry kids sound so lovely. :)

Tah!

Kiwonk
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Can a person not join Facebook anonomously?
:lol: Wouldn't that be a little like wearing sunglasses and a hat on your driver's license? :cool:
we saw 300 that Spartan movie. The CGI crap was distracting but it was fairly historically accurate. I love historyI saw a brief preview of that and was totally put off by the cgi violence. I suppose there must be more to it than that...

I'm pretty sure the squiggly-ness about that skiing picture is because the camera person was laughing so hard.

And I thought "Big Butt" was documentation enough. :shrug:

My kiddo is back at school. She rode in cars with boys (the BF and as many brothers as would fit in the car) as far as Portland, took a bus to Boston, then the subway, then a cab. All with 2 overstuffed bags.

I miss her already. Don't feel like she was home for a week at all. Of course I have spent it in a medicated haze for the most part.

ta
Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-26-2007, 12:16 AM
cgi = ?

My day at supermarquet was good til I'd been there on my feet for SEVEN hours and this man puts his head of lettuce and bottle of pills on the conveyor belt along with a plastic 20 oz. cup of orange liquid and ice he'd brought in. The belt moved. The cup turned over and lots of lots of ice and liquid went everywhere. He said sorry. I said you didn't hurt anything and asked what the liquid was. Koolaid or something he said.

A few minutes later my team leader asked me what happened and I said the stuff above and asked why. The old wart had gone to customer service and reported that I had a bad attitude. If only I had known while he was in the store.

My team leader sweetly told him "Her? I doubt it." But I coulda shown him a bad attitude in the parking lot.

Wabby
03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Cowper wants ta rumble. I didn't realize you worked at a Canadian supermarquet.

Ellabella re: incompetent bosses --- I'm my own and yes, incompetent.

Schatzi, I lurk, b/c that takes all the effort I own. Sometimes I can't even manage that.

Tomorrow is temporary custody hearing for grandbaby. DS is very sick. He hopes he doesn't barf in the courtroom. It's hard to convince a judge that you can take care of a 1 yr old when you're vomitous.

Bagzz
03-26-2007, 07:11 PM
don't worry wabby!!! he can tell them he has you and they can't hold such a thing against him----everyone gets the flu!!!!-------MANY MANY GOOD VIBES ARE BEING AIMED TO THE WEST COAST TOWARDS YOU AND YOURS!!XOXOXOXO---COWPIE----WHAT A JERK-----------HE SPILLS STICKY KOOLAID ALL OVER YOUR CONVEYOR BELT AND THEN HAS THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN---YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SCREAM AND HOLLER AT HIM AND HE STILL SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO COMPLAIN---GRAMPASAURAUS DORKUS REXIMUS ARSE!!!!!

Cowpernia
03-26-2007, 07:53 PM
I work in a Candian supermarquet because the Canadian codgers live here in the winter.

By the way, try this: write B__QUET and ask people what it is. Men are supposed to say a different word than women.

I shoulda been able to kick him in the shin.

Regarding precious Wabbaby, the judge will try to do what she/he thinks is best for the baby. Being sick doesn't count. Snippiness does. However, they can be .. well .. stupid. When I going through this with my ds and he was two, a social worker had to come visit the home. It had been raining and we had big puddles outside. I made paper boats and we were floating them when she arrived. She seemed to believe I did this alllllll the time and was very impressed. I was just so nervous waiting for her that I wanted to get outside AND present a good mommy-front. But it worked. Take boats with you.

Schatzi
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Bagzasourus Aprongutous is our resident Dinosaurus Theosaurus Expertus.

Wabbasaurus: Many many positive thoughts and vibes (thats the best us heathens can do, it's prayer in our own way) to you ,Vomitus Son A saurus and babyKaydasaurus.

Bursitasaurus is still in a medicated haze.

Cowpernicus has become a Phonetian - both the ancient sea people noted for their boat building abilities and one who dabbles in the phonetics..not to be confused with ebonics.

I am now Sauraarsesus. I've been sitting on my gluttousmaximus for hours studying statistics.

LOOOK!!! It's like PIG LATIN!!!!! A COW LANGUAGE !!!!!

Cowpernia
03-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh Nutsy Shots. It is good to have you backus.

Bagzz
03-26-2007, 10:32 PM
stay tuned for a report on CHicken BonEs from Shatzi!!!----mother went to calais today and mailed them out!!!! perhaps she will not find them to her taste and she will have to mail them to Miss Cowpatty!!!

Cowpernia
03-26-2007, 11:35 PM
I have a chicken bones report. If you eat half a box of them in one sitting, you will:
*feel sick
*have a burnt tongue

Miss Cowpatty!!! i am a beauty queenie.

PainterWoman
03-27-2007, 03:42 AM
My new meds are making me SLEEPY. But I'm enjoying the sleepiness...and hope I can revive myself while driving. And not fall asleep in client meetings! (Very poor form, you know).
Sorry that my signature is irritating, Cowie... I'll switch when I find a better one. I'm discouraged that it wasn't all straightened out by 55.
EllaBella-- I don't know who's oldest here. I'm thinking we should NOT have a tell-all session, but import a really OLD cow who wants the honor.
It's hard for me to believe in a God who made chocolate and quesadillas and chocolate chip cookies so fattening.
TTFN.

ellabella
03-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Ellabella reporting in.

DH really annoyed me this morning. I fumed :mad: all the way to work. He says he laid awake most of the night thinking about his upcoming job interview (on Thursday; today is Tuesday!!!!!!) and thought he'd probably "call in" to work today because he's too tired to drive. I swear I have never seen him dig in his heels and act so stubborn before! He loathes his current boss, yes. But it seems to me he would want to give it his best effort until it's over with, you know? Show he's made of "better stuff" than his boss, at any rate. I don't know. Maybe he's just really more depressed about it than I realize. Maybe I'm just scared and need for him to act like he's got it all under control. I don't know. I just know that he had a meeting with the boss yesterday and a project that he's been working on for three months finally "went live" last week. It was extrememly complicated, requiring input from every single department in the hospital, a variety of changes as he went along, and getting it up and running was really a triumph. The boss, whom we have conceded is an incompetent boob, meets with him yesterday, and instead of saying "Attaboy" or anything close to it, says "I really am a little disappointed in how long it took to get that program up and running". So, DH says, "Well, if I had been asked to provide a time estimate for the project I think you might've known how long to expect it would take." So this complete DINGBAT says, "We don't DO time estimates AROUND HERE. If something looks like it's going to take longer than we'd like, we WORK LONGER HOURS until we get it done."
SO, DH gets up this morning, showers, gets his lunch together, gets dressed, and then, at the last minute - as I'm about ready to leave - says "blah, blah, blah....I'm going to call in today."
I swear, this whole thing is stressing me out more every day. Him too, obviously. Hope we can get through it without killing each other, yanno? :bomb:

Anyway, I, too, am sending good vibes to your son's custody hearing, Wabby. I don't think his being temporarily sick will be a factor at all. Wondering here, too, how Gpa Jim is doing? Better, I hope?

Painter, please feel better, too. The wedding invitations are of no consequence, trust me. A few people will shake their heads and remark on it, or maybe not even remark on it - just feel a little put off, but listen: in the final analysis, I think it's a lot easier on the wedding couple if they DO register somewhere and let you KNOW where so that you can at least get them something they'll want and use. Money is a little impersonal, but seventeen toasters to return when you get back from the honeymoon is no joke, either. :dizzy: (I meant to say something about this before...I'm forgetful these days :)

As for age identification, I think I'll attempt to download a picture so we can put an end to speculation. Old ain't what it used to be, young-uns....:rofl:

TTFN,

Ella:wave:

Schatzi
03-27-2007, 02:54 PM
I CANT WAIT FER ME BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will report in darlin!

Miss Cowpatty.. you are indeed an auburn hair sock wearin BeeeUty Queen .

Ellabella, sigh, I feel fer ya and DH. It's perfectly normal for him to skip a day-- as long as it doesnt become a habit he cant get canned for it. Plus sounds like he has mad skillz - the only thing is ya never know if you're jumping from the pan to the fire. Sounds like that "project manager" is a hack and has no project nor people mgt skills. Ya gotta have a work breakdown structure and estimated durations :blah: and you dont tell the team AFTER a project is done what went wrong - you monitor and correct issues before it gets to a clustermuck! Then you thank the team... and then do lessons learned ! What a marooon. (Project mgt stuff is my "passion")Good luck to him on his interview. Since he's in a hospital environ... is his programming skills for the IDX system?
ok my rant is over...

Cowpernia
03-27-2007, 10:50 PM
I feel for Eluhbella's dh. There's too much crap in the workplace everywhere. He deserves a day off.

And I believe I'm correct when I say Elly is obsessed with age.

Schatzi
03-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Isn't today someones birfday???A day of CELEBRATION!! Not of MOURNING!!!!!

Happy Birfday to you know who you are :hug:

Schatzi
03-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Wabby, how did the custody hearing go?

I think our Landlord took off... you may recall that ms landlordess had pulled the wool over my eyes and turned out to be a not nice person.... and was trying everywhich way to ruin Landlord man.... well I haven't seen hide nor hair of him in 3 weeks... he would get the little girl every other week, and he is so dedicated he would never not miss time with her... he hasnt even cashed our March rent check. I went to peek in his back door and it looks lived in - or like someone scatted out real quick. Intrigue and mystery!

Kiwonk
03-28-2007, 12:33 PM
:bday2you: DARLING COWPEACHERINA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
I HOPE YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOURSELF TODAY. :woo:
Here are your virtual birthday presents:

The meaning of cgi --> computer graphics interface, or computer generated image, or common gateway interface -- 3 entirely different meanings, but most people are referring to the 2nd, which is commonly used in animation.

B__QUET
Well, I'm not wearing my glasses and the first thing I thought was Be Quiet. :lol: But really, I first thought of bouquet and secondly of banquet, and DH said the exact same thing. Although he also added "Barbeque...ay?" ;)

Bursitasaurus Oh thank you, that's exactly what I feel like these days. :lol:
I am now Sauraarsesus. I've been sitting on my gluttousmaximus for hours studying statistics.
LOOOK!!! It's like PIG LATIN!!!!! A COW LANGUAGE !!!!!You're a hoot.
Maybe he's just really more depressed about it than I realize. Maybe I'm just scared and need for him to act like he's got it all under control. I don't know.Schatzi is so right about your dh's boss; that's no way to run a project or manage a dept.; what an ***. But there's no changing people like that, if they have the power, you really have to watch your back. I feel for you, ella, I've been there, watching as DH's work attitude goes down the tubes. I think you are probably right about the depression part of it, but hopefully he will get out of there soon. If I were you, I would just encourage him to try to tolerate it for now and not burn any bridges. People like his boss are poison.are you trying to find out how old I am?
I think it's been well established that I'm the elderly one here.
I'm thinking we should NOT have a tell-all session, but import a really OLD cow who wants the honor.
Old ain't what it used to be, young-uns.
And I believe I'm correct when I say Elly is obsessed with age.HeeHee, I love spectator sports.

Here is what we're going to this weekend (http://www.musicworcester.org/calmarjune.html#Elijah). We are taking DH's mother and sister, and staying overnight. Big whoopdedoo weekend out for us woodspeople... :woohoo:

Kiwi

Wabby
03-28-2007, 12:54 PM
No matter what lawyers tell you when you first walk into their office do not believe them. We were told that there is no gender bias when it comes to child custody. Wrong. Here's what he ended up with and you tell me if it was fair --- He has shared custody w/ the mom. This means he has legal rights to share in the decisions regarding health care, schools, etc. That was the only good news. The spousal support -- he owes $500 per month for 12 months for a 14 month marriage. Customary would have been 7 months. The child support --- $550 per month. This is based on his wage, and the fact that he gets no overnight visitation because the judge doesn't think that a father is capable of handling child care overnight. DS was the person who gave her the last bottle of the evening, put her to bed, got up at night w/ her because the wife's important job as a barrista started at 4 am, and he also got baby up and dressed in the morning before he left for work at 6:30 am. He got up with her at night, never mind that he had a physically demanding job, working out in the weather all day. He was the grocery shopper and the dinner preparer. Now he's not capable of taking care of baby even half time. He will get 1 1/2 hour 3 days a week between 4:30pm and 6pm, 3 hours every other Saturday and 2 hours every Sunday. The problem is, DS wanted the every day time, the putting her to bed at night in her own little room, the sleepy Saturday morning time. He's been reduced to Daddy as babysitter. --------- The financial part - She gets 1/2 the equity in the house he bought, (with no $$'s from her), approximately $20,000. He is ordered to pay $3500 of her $5000 attorney fees. And even after all this, he didn't fret about how he'll manage financially, he told me "Mom, I get to have my baby on Saturday". It just broke my heart. What really upsets me the most is that he didn't want to break up. He begged her to try counseling. He begged her to talk to a pastor. And she and her family were in the courtroom laughing and talking like they had it all sewn up before it started and we just never saw it coming.

Wabby
03-28-2007, 01:02 PM
OK. That was my rant. I'm going to focus on the fact that I'm going to see Kayden for the first time in 6 weeks on Saturday!!!!!!

and also -------------

Happy Birthday to Peachezzzzz!!!!!!!:bday2you: :woo: :hb: :cheer:

ellabella
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Happy Birthday, Cowpie!!!!! :balloons:

Oh, Wabby. That's just terrible. I am so, so sorry about the way it turned out. I absolutely abhor the court system. I don't think there's any standard processes at all - I think it just depends on whether or not the judge got out of bed on the right side, whether he/she argued with the spouse that morning, what sports team (he) bet on and whether they won or lost.... And, of course, it depends on what the attorneys work out before hand in most cases, if they are able to work something out. Sounds like your DS's ex is something of a witch with a "b". People can be so callous. It's very sad.
:hug:

Thanks Shatzi, for kind of clarifying how things actually SHOULD work for me. To tell the truth, my own job is so completely autonomous that I'm not sure I really "got" the whole appropriate team approach vs. DH's boss's approach. He's gearing up for this big interview tomorrow - we even bought him a new suit that he looks fabulous in! Yay, DH!!! :) As for IDS, no, that's not what he works in. I know that they just got a completely new system up and running - EPIC - which was a year-long undertaking. It enables them to share all kinds of info back and forth with Dr's offices in their network - and even outside the network, provided the other hospitals have the capacity. It even allows them to transfer things like X-Ray pictures, MRI pictures, etc, via the computer, which not all hospitals can do yet.

And, re: your observations, Kiwi, it's the burning of bridges that has worried me. I have never left a job under unpleasant circumstances, and that's a little stressful, you know?

OMIGAWD, Kiwi, WORCESTER! You're going to be in Worcester?????????????? That's where I live. I helped raise money for the renovations at Mechanics Hall!!!! What a teeny, tiny world!

Do I REALLY seem obsessed with age? (Doing a self-analysis, here). Maybe I am. I KNOW I've been obsessed with my weight over the past month or so. I guess it's possible. I'll try to catch myself before I bring it up again, I promise. :^:

TTFN,

Schatzi
03-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Wabooo, I know... very much sterotyping goes on in these custody hearings. just terrible. My heart goes out to you and son and little K. So much negative things in your life right now... you do need to focus on the little joys . Be strong wabby. :hug:

Woodwoman: YOU out in the boonies! Such "culcha" happenin up there...Nice supporting the alma mater .... but really, who writes these things? Sounds so bloated with ego and whatnot.... lol. Experience one of music’s most sensational dramas!!, and a cast of New England’s most revered soloists!!! for this sonic spectacle.

I went to an opry once... at the MET (and the crowd gasps with reverence) Dh always wanted to go to one..so for Xmas one year I got tx to Don Giovanni, the one he wanted to see.... within 20 minutes I was ready to call it a night.... so much fer my culcha!

Were is that Birthday goil????Got her head in a box of bones me thinks.

Schatzi
03-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Ella, yes yes EPIC!!! I have no experience with it..DH does, DH is a Cisco Internetwork expert.... or er sometin like dat dare...I call him a Wirehead... if you saw his home office/lab you'd know what I mean....
I know that DH is filled with hope and anxiety.. my DH went through the same thing when we moved to NC and he was on the job hunt...all gussied up in his suits and looking quite spifalicious. My Dh is interviewing tomorrow for a job within Cisco (he works there)- he has learned all he can and is ready for a new challenge. Right now his specialty is Voice and Data over IP ... sounds impressive I have no clue..... but no matter what he does did or will do.. I support him. My DH needs to know Im in his corner. ( However, I'm in his corner when he was actively looking for work, or studying... I was less tolerant in the Years of un/non employment... )

I've been a Project Manager for yearrrrrrrrs... and right now Ive been hovering over books and lectures and tests to prepare me for the PMP exam.(project management professional). So DH is completely correct that you need the estimates - and you get them from....... the people doing the work ! that would be him-duh. Projects like EPIC are temporary- hopefully his interaction with the PM is temporary too... perhaps instead of leaving he could ask to be replaced on the project going forward? If he still likes the company and job and all, maybe thats a way for him to go too. just a thought.

Cowperch: When you return from yer bday celebrations, send me an email: I sent you a ecard; which got bounced back to me : hmmpf!

Kiwonk
03-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh Wabby, that is just so wrong. I'm glad he gets to see his baby girl, but he should never have to pay so much for the priviledge. $6000 for a divorce he doesn't even want? It sounds impossible in this day, doesn't it? Not to mention the house and lawyer's fees? That's just theft. It sounds like he has a good attitude though, I hope he can sustain that. Maybe down the road, when he's shown good faith, he can revisit it. After all, any judge who doesn't think a responsible young man can take of his own baby has got his head up his ***. I'm so sorry your son is having to pay such a high price for being a good man. But yay that you will be able to hug your little grandbaby soon soon soon!

You're going to be in Worcester?????????????? That's where I live. I helped raise money for the renovations at Mechanics Hall!!!! What a teeny, tiny world!How about that! Got any dining suggestions? We have to get an early dinner as DD has a 6:30 call time. It will be me, DH, his mom and sis, DD and the BF.

Such "culcha" happenin up there...Nice supporting the alma mater .... but really, who writes these things? Sounds so bloated with ego and whatnot.... lol. Experience one of music’s most sensational dramas!!, and a cast of New England’s most revered soloists!!! for this sonic spectacle.:lol: isn't that the truth? Not really going to support the alma ma, though -- only to see DD sing! Granted, in a mass of how many dozens of voices, but still, must see. Next month they do the same piece on campus with only the university chorale and their own soloists, so I'll probably go to that too!

Later, kiddies
Kiwi

Schatzi
03-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Okay, I take it all back-- I wait fer the day when we can all revel in DDs revered solo in a sensational musical--either that or I will vote fer her on AMERICAS NEXT IDOL--yessssssssss
Shes got the Voice! The tall lean beautiness!!!! YES!!!
Kiwi!!! She is a STAH in the making!!! become a stage mother kiwi!

ellabella
03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Shatzi, I swear you are a breath or fresh air! Thanks so much for all the info & sharing. I really do feel much better after reading what you've had to say. You too, Kiwi, and I know that DH appreciates Cowp's sympathy. What a great herd! :D Good luck on your exam, Shatzi...I bet you'll ace it! :carrot:

ANYWAY, there are a FEW places you might like for dinner, Kiwi, depending on your food preferences. For seafood and a rather creative (and very good) menu, there's the Sole Proprietor on Highland Street. Also, the One-Eleven Chop House on Shrewsbury Street is very good - good steaks, good most everything. If you're looking for elegance - and pretty awesome dining in general, and don't mind paying for it, there's the Beechwood Hotel Restaurant which is five-stars, lovely atmosphere (we've done anniversary dinners there, and very special occasions). Shorah's Ristorante, on Foster Street is within walking distance (very close by) of Mechanics Hall, and has excellent Italian cuisine, very reasonably priced. If it's a warm evening, it's a nice stroll, not too taxing for your MIL. (I THINK you said your MIL was going; I disremember now. Need to learn how to include quotes. Will do that someday soon). As for the ones you'd need to drive to, I'm sure you can Mapquest them from wherever you're staying, but if you need any help or have any questions, just holler.

The B.I.G. I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W. is tomorrow at 8:00, 8:30, and 9:00 respectively, with three different people consecutively. That's got to be a good sign, right? Three people don't usually participate in the first interview, I don't think? My daughter came over and mock-interviewed him for two hours tonight. (Yawn). She grilled him mercilessly. He seems to be feeling pretty good about the interview. I trimmed his beard. Now he looks like a very neat & distinguished Kenny Rogers ;) only a lot taller. :dizzy:

I've been eating a lot of pears; the grocery market has been having some really nice ones, lately. Must be pear season somewhere.

TTFN,

Kiwonk
03-29-2007, 03:51 AM
Hey thanks for the ideas, ellabella!! And good luck to dh on the interview marathon. Sounds to me like he is going to make a very good impression!

Hope your birthday was groovy, Peachie. And :cool: , and :smoking: hot and all your :genie: came true and you felt all :goodvibes and :twirly:. Hope you got some :chockiss::chockiss: and :hug::hug: and felt :lucky: and :cheer2: and :sunny: and a little :crazy:. Hope your day went :swim:ingly and you :stir:ed up some :encore: :bubbles: :yay: :df: . And that's all I have to say about that.

nightie night

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Don't be afraid of all the smilies. Post!

Kiwonk
03-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Posty Postedy Post Post

ellabella
03-29-2007, 08:18 PM
TeeHee, Kiwi... :lol3: You're sure being silly, m'dear. <looking around> Well, it doesn't look like anybody else is posting right now, so I may as well jump in...
DH's interview went well. No on-the-spot job offer, but we didn't expect that, anyway. He said he had an excellent rapport with the interviewers, they all spoke the same language, and it was quite jolly. Now, of course, it's twice as hard to go back to the old grind and a boss who seems anxious to pounce on every possible thing he can find - or invent. I'm wondering if this is about DH's age, and the fact that he's pretty highly paid, and they might get someone younger, cheaper. He's had nothing but rave reviews for the past five years, and suddenly his (new-ish) boss treats him like he's incompetent? Sumthin' wrong with THAT picture, I've gotta believe. :mad:

Other than that, Missus Lincoln....

It's warming up! Oh, this is sooooo great! We still have snow in the yard, but it recedes a little more each day. We have some beautiful trees in our yard and in front of the house - nothing like where you live, Kiwi - but picture older suburban neighborhood, mature trees. I always love seeing them start to bud and fill with leaves in the spring.

Good grief, Shatzi...do you think someone MURDERED your landlord? Failure to cash a rent check sure seems pretty extreme, doesn't it? (Unless they are independently wealthy and extremely absent-minded!!! :dizzy: )

Is Cowp STILL celebrating her birthday??? Wow! :rofl:

Hope all is well with Wabby??? Oh, Wabby....have a wonderful visit with your granddaughter!!!!!

Hasta la vista,

Cherry Cow
03-29-2007, 11:26 PM
By the way, try this: write B__QUET and ask people what it is. Men are supposed to say a different word than women.

DH, DS11, and I all saw "Be quiet" first, and then Banquet.

BTW, happy birthday Cowpeachia!

This is based on his wage, and the fact that he gets no overnight visitation because the judge doesn't think that a father is capable of handling child care overnight. DS was the person who gave her the last bottle of the evening, put her to bed, got up at night w/ her because the wife's important job as a barrista started at 4 am, and he also got baby up and dressed in the morning before he left for work at 6:30 am. He got up with her at night, never mind that he had a physically demanding job, working out in the weather all day. He was the grocery shopper and the dinner preparer. Now he's not capable of taking care of baby even half time. ...
And she and her family were in the courtroom laughing and talking like they had it all sewn up before it started and we just never saw it coming.

I'm so sorry. This woman sounds cruel. Judges are definitely biased. When my parents got divorced, my mother wanted NO visitation or custody, but the judge spent a bunch of time trying to talk her into asking for custody. He wrote visitation into the decree even though she didn't want it.

PainterWoman
03-30-2007, 03:44 AM
I had punctal plugs put in today. :cool: I didn't know I had punctals! :o It is supposed to keep my tears from draining so fast and therefore correct some of my dry eye symptoms. (Another thing that comes up from being OLD. (Ellabelle, I was in 9th grade when Kennedy was assassinated. What does THAT tell you?):hug:
I've actually stayed on my food allotments (if not the plan, exactly for another day.) Must walk tomorrow if it doesn't hail. Rain would be OK.:carrot:

Peaches: Belated Birthday wishes!!:hat: :hat: :hat:

Wabby: I am so sorry the hearing went the way it did. Sounds like you got a dinosaur judge… :judge: :flame: or that he was buddies with what'sernames attorney. That's what those father's rights groups are for… maybe DS can get things changed when tempers simmer down. Do you think she just wanted a baby and "used" him? Hope not. So sad. Your son sounds like a very good man.:yes:

Ella: Glad DH's interview went well. Hope that something good comes out of it. :wizard: DH's company (HQ in Reading, MA) just got a big contract… but it's more project management than software… anyway my DH can't wait to retire, hates the corporate culture (though his boss is fine). He says if he told me what he does he'd have to shoot me. So I mostly listen to his personnel complaints.:ziplip:

Cherry: Glad you're here! Dostoyevski was right… Every family is different. Some are just plain strange…. I hope the forced visitations with your mother weren't too painful. What a rotten story to have been told. I bet you were adorable and if it were any of the rest of us, we'd have wanted you visiting all the time.:df:
TTFN.

Wabby
03-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Oh Cherry! How sad for your mother that she didn't understand that children are our most precious gift. Sad for you too, of course, but when I hear about women who seem to be missing that maternal key, I just think their lives must be so empty. Knowing what a wonderful, sweet person you are, she just totally missed out.

Painty, I had punctal plugs too!! How exciting! They wanted to keep working their way out, so my eye doc ended up cauterizing my tear ducts closed. It sure doesn't stop me from crying for hours now, I guess it's the tear ducts that drain off excess tears that they cauterized.

Gpa Jim is recovering in a rehab center, which we all know is code for nursing home. I had the talk with him yesterday about what his plans are when I have to move out of my house (about 10 months to go) and he said he hadn't made any. I told him that I could get him on medicaid and they would pay for an assisted living apartment. He said he wouldn't live in one. He said his oldest son said he would provide him with a mobile home or apartment at his house in northern California. I called the oldest son. No room at his inn. No mobile home. No apartment there. I want to get this settled this spring. I don't want to wait until the middle of winter when I have to move and try to handle figuring out what to do with Gpa. Also when I told Gpa that he had to spend down his money in his checking account to $2000 to qualify for medicaid, he said he was going to draw some cash out to keep. I told him, no, they won't allow it. You'll jeopardize your medicaid benefits. Only pay bills or buy a funeral plan. He's stubborn. He's going to do it anyway. I'm taking him to the doctor today and he said I have to stop at the bank on the way "because it's my money and they can't stop me from having it." I have a feeling that sweet Gpa is going to turn into ornery Gpa when things don't go his way. It may be totally selfish of me, but I'm going to start putting some of this responsibility of Gpa on some of his other kids. We've been responsible for his housing for the last 15 years. Someone else's turn. God, I sound mean.

Kiwonk
03-30-2007, 02:57 PM
the judge spent a bunch of time trying to talk her into asking for custody. Wow, that is really scary -- that a judge would be so clueless that he'd think kids were best off with a parent who doesn't want them? Sad enough that she was like that; imagine if she'd gotten custody?

when I hear about women who seem to be missing that maternal key, I just think their lives must be so empty.I just heard something on a news update yesterday about a "trend" among young adults to not have children at all and they're giving as reasons that "their paychecks will go further and they'll be able to save for retirement". Let's just hope they don't have children by mistake. Can you imagine deciding between a baby and flush retirement? As if you're trying to decide between pizza and hamburgers? I say anyone who thinks of children as primarily a financial burden should be sterilized.

By which I mean I agree with you Wabby (I know, it sounds like I'm disagreeing). It just seems so natural and normal to want children that it's hard to imagine the contrary.

We've been responsible for his housing for the last 15 years. Someone else's turn. God, I sound mean.Not at all. It is definitely someone else's turn -- you have more than enough to deal with and it's time other people realized they are just as responsible for Gpa as you are.

:blah: I certainly can go on and on. I bore myself. Got to take the dog to the vet for boarding this afternoon. We're off early in the morning to our little excursion to Mass. Thanks much for the restaurant advice, Ellabella, I looked up the Italian one you mentioned, found out it has moved and changed its name to Viva Bene, and it's perfect, still only a block away from the hall.

Hope everyone has an EXHILARATING, SENSATIONAL, SONICALLY SPECTACULAR, ASTONISHING AND HEROIC weekend like I'm going to...

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
03-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Painty, thanks for the virtual hugs. I only saw my mother once between the divorce and age 18. I know she wasn't ready to be a mother.

Oh Cherry! How sad for your mother that she didn't understand that children are our most precious gift. Sad for you too, of course, but when I hear about women who seem to be missing that maternal key, I just think their lives must be so empty. Knowing what a wonderful, sweet person you are, she just totally missed out.
It may be totally selfish of me, but I'm going to start putting some of this responsibility of Gpa on some of his other kids. We've been responsible for his housing for the last 15 years. Someone else's turn. God, I sound mean.

Thank you, Wabby! I was so scared when I had DS11 that I would turn out to be the same way, but I wanted to be a mother more than anything and I can't even imagine life without him.

I think Gpa's other children should take more of a role in his life! You're anything but selfish! But you have a lot to deal with right now, and it will be difficult to deal with your house stuff while also trying to take care of him.

Wow, that is really scary -- that a judge would be so clueless that he'd think kids were best off with a parent who doesn't want them? Sad enough that she was like that; imagine if she'd gotten custody?

I just heard something on a news update yesterday about a "trend" among young adults to not have children at all and they're giving as reasons that "their paychecks will go further and they'll be able to save for retirement". Let's just hope they don't have children by mistake. Can you imagine deciding between a baby and flush retirement? As if you're trying to decide between pizza and hamburgers? I say anyone who thinks of children as primarily a financial burden should be sterilized.

I suspect there is a trend toward not having children, but you're right... better that they not. Of course, when I was a brand new young adult, I went through about a year during which I didn't want kids. It could be a phase or it could be for real. Kids deserve parents who think they're a joy to have around, not an obstacle to a flush retirement!

ellabella
03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Well, Kiwi, if you happen to check back in before heading south to beautiful downtown Worcester, tell your DD I said "Break a leg, kid..." :encore: and I DO hope the restaurant choice works well for you. It also may help to know that there is a parking lot on Main Street diagonally across from Mechanics Hall, and if you plan on parking a few hours before the performance so that you can walk to the restaurant, there should be plenty of spaces available. (Even a few meters right on Main Street). The closer to the performance, of course, the farther away you'll find yourselves parking.
Painter, I never heard of punctal plugs, but on you, I'll bet their tres chic!!!! :D
Wabby, it truly sounds like you have done WAY more than your share for Gpa Jim!!!! In my humble opinion, it's way PAST time for some of the others to step in. Good grief! Fifteen years??????? And yeah, they tend to get ornery - my mother was a real harridan, and paranoid as heck. Kept thinking people were stealing her pills, thought the girl who cleaned for her took her teeth (they were under her bed). The last few years or her life, she was down in Florida living a mile or so from my sister, so sis bore the brunt of that, but we had all done our share - just as we SHOULD have. It shouldn't all be on ONE.
Still studying for the exam, Shatzi? :book2: Good luck, sweetie!
Cherry, when I first got my undergrad degree - and for seven years after that, I worked as a social worker for the Massachusetts dept. of Social Services. There were many, many young women on my caseload who didn't know how to be, nor did they want to be mothers. Most of them had had pretty awful parenting themselves, weren't loved by their own mothers, and didn't know how to love themselves, let alone a child. I learned to feel sorry for them. AND I learned to truly admire those who actually DID become good mothers despite their own bad starts in life, or lack of maternal caring. That you have been such a good and caring mom to your child speaks volumes about your strength and courage as a human being. It is very admirable. How wonderful that you've been able to give your own child the stability and love he needs.
DH is here with supper. Yay! No cooking for moi tonight!

TTFN,

Cowpernia
03-31-2007, 10:31 AM
I have walked a mile around Duck Hudda Lake this morning.

Schatzi
03-31-2007, 12:17 PM
And the Crowd goes wild :woohoo:
Yay yer back!!! :yay: Way to get that exercising in Cowhand! How was yer "Jaunt" and without putting you into some funk -how was the birthday? Do you have any bones left?
I still await.... the pony express woulda been faster ! :snooty:

Cherry: Sounds like you turned out to be a fine mom and person :hug: Yer moms loss. but some folks just dont have that maternal dna... I admire folks who know this and don't have the kids... then you have what I call "breeders" they just have baby after baby, just because, and have no parenting skills- and dont even think about it.

Wabbalicious: Tis about time that the other children step up! You and DH did more than enough for Gpa Jim...don't you dare feel like a bad person! :hug: :hug: Can you call a "family meeting" about it?

Painty: sounds like you are babysteppin yer way to good health! Im proud of you! :cheer2:

Ellabella: How did Kenny Rodgers do on his interview :crossed:?

Suggie is probably singing "wonderWonderful CoPENHagen friendly old :blah: of theSeeeeeeaaaa." and eating :cheese: cheese and danish cookies in that blue can.

DH had his interview on Thursday...it looks promising... He is so fed up with how this department is operating and they are taking advantage of him. I gave him my :coach:STAND UP FER YERSELF spiel! I hate when he feels so "beaten up" that he kind of gives up. They haven't put him in for his cash award for passing the CCVP (Cisco Certified Voice Professional) ... and all the other team mates are getting bonuses for "documentation" meanwhile DH has been supplying loads of it and the list comes out and hes not on it...!!!! WRONG!!!! And he is interviewing potential ees and answering all the newbiew questions... is this not the job of the "team lead" Ridiculous!!!! Ok off me :soap:
oh! LL has returned from places unknown... must get the scoop....

HASTO LOOOWAYGOOOOOOO!

ps> here are my least favorite smileys :carrot: :broc: :cb: (cept now that I look at them they are quite a colorful trio)

Cowpernia
03-31-2007, 01:54 PM
:broc: I like this one's hair.

Schatzi
03-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Ah, yes, memories of polyester,platform shoes, and wide plaid ties come flooding back.....ah,,, good times

Cowpernia
03-31-2007, 03:10 PM
You are so cute, Shots. Even in bell bottoms, you looked good.

ellabella
03-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Kenny was really pleased with how the interview went, Shatzi...didn't get offered the job on the spot, but we didn't expect that. He said the rapport between him & the interviewers was good, and they're looking for someone to work on projects on the AS-400 (?) (I think) which he is expert on. So, it seems to have gone well. We'll see what happens. Thanks :D for asking...your interest is really, really appreciated, plus the ejumacation you've given me about project management, etc. Am sending VERY positive vibes your DH's way. I wish they didn't have to struggle so much to get a little appreciation, yanno? :(

Glad you went walking, Cowp. They say that's really the best exercise you can get. I wish my leg didn't act up when I try. But, we picked up my Trimrider exercise bike-thingamajig this morning, and I LOVE it!!! :D It really gives me some good stretching and stuff without having to put any weight on my pinched nerve leg so it's going to work well for me I think. :dance:

That broccoli-head smilie is waaaay kewl.....that green afro is to die for!

TTFN,

Schatzi
03-31-2007, 08:19 PM
oooh Ellabell, sounds promising fer DH!!! Sending mucho vibes!!! his way... trimrider...sounds sooooo infomercialish! What is it!!! Does it come with a back rest on the seat??? I hate --have always hated bike riding... I can only do the stationary bikes in the gym that have the seats with the backs...other wise fagaddaboutit...

Ps, Cowpernicus, I thought of Be Quiet first and Then I thought of Bouquet... as in a aromatic array of florals...........sweet! So, do tell, what are the top responses to B...Quet?

I was HOT in my elephant Bells, Wedge or platform heels, and middriff.. Hair a flowin...Straight as a pin, parted MarshaBrady or Laurie Partridge style.. take yer pick. A course, I was also prone to construction boots or earth shoes... (WHAT WAS I THINNNNNIN! - I am only 5 foot ! I should developed corns, plantar warts and back probs fer the sake of BeeeUty!!!) I am now HOT in my Mom jeans, clogs and any shirt without a stain... My hair still a warm chestnut brown with grey highlights, I pluck these from my chin. :dz:

My chicken bones are 1) are being Xray to death as a possible terrorism attack item from Canada, 2) Being enjoyed by a Canadian or American Postal worker. 3) Being regifted by someone in the canadian - or american postal system 4) has been sent to Merica by way of Beijing... sigh....

Cowpernia
03-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Shotsy, you are accurate. Girlies are 'sposed to say bouquet and boys are 'sposed to say banquet. No one should say briquet.

I am bored.

ellabella
03-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Okay, I still don't know how to insert quotes, but I can copy & paste with the best of 'em!!!

Shatzi: "I was HOT in my elephant Bells, Wedge or platform heels, and middriff.. Hair a flowin...Straight as a pin, parted MarshaBrady or Laurie Partridge style.. take yer pick. A course, I was also prone to construction boots or earth shoes... (WHAT WAS I THINNNNNIN! - I am only 5 foot ! I should developed corns, plantar warts and back probs fer the sake of BeeeUty!!!) I am now HOT in my Mom jeans, clogs and any shirt without a stain... My hair still a warm chestnut brown with grey highlights, I pluck these from my chin."

Yessssssss!!!! Oh Lawdie, hunny, I'm thinkin' we were/are close to being in the same generation!!!! My super bell bottom jeans...and, Oh you shoulda seen my VERY fitted little edwardian style jacket that I MADE, using a patchwork of VELVET prints and plains...had the long (to my butt) straight hair parted in the middle, the platforms, the shades.....and skinny, skinny, skinny....oh MY!!!! (Did the boots & earth shoes, too!) Long skirts made of India cloth (and bedspreads, curtains and wall hangings made of India cloth, too!!!!) And now? :lol: Oh yeah, oh yeah. The baggy (but not belled) jeans (remember when we wore the jeans tight at the top, and those big, wide legs? Now they're wide at the top and the legs are straight). My (natural)hair is mud brown - nothing warm or chestnut about it. I was getting some grey, but not enough to be pretty or to look frosted. It was just blah. So I frosted it. It's got heavy silvery highlights now....almost like Kenny. ;) I'm going to plead the fifth on my chin...suffice it to say that I recently went to WalMart and bought myself a big, extra-bright camping flashlight so that when I'm alone in my bathroom, I can shine it under my chin to show up anything I may have missed with the tweezer. :sssh:
The trimrider thingamajig really isn;t a stationary bicycle. You don't pedal it, although it does have pedals. What you do, is you sit on the seat, grasp the (handle)bar, push against the pedals and pull the handlebars towards you. The seat lifts up, and your legs straighten out, and there's a lot of tension on your upper arms (YAY), your abs, your legs, your back....DH says it's a good, low-impact way to stretch all the long muscles in your bod. You couldn't do it, say for 30 minutes straight or anything like that. Today I did 30 reps with it twice, and I can feel it in my arms and legs. I guess I'll be able to work my way up to doing more reps at a time, but I'm taking it slow becuz I'm an old codger.
This eating lifestyle change is, I think, a good thing for moi. I didn't think I'd actually lost anything this past week - felt a little bloaty, even. But when I got on the scale this morning, I'd lost two pounds, which is pretty fine, methinks. AND I'm getting more than enough to eat, don't feel like I'm on a *temporary* diet at all....I'd REALLY like to get myself in better shape. My sis was up visiting from Nawth Cahlina last September and we took some pictures together. Sis is 11 years older than me, but only a little more than half my size. She's about 5'1, and doesn't probably weigh much more than 100 pounds soaking wet. I looked like the Pillsbury Dough-girl next to her in those pictures! :( HATED looking at them. She didn't get around to sending them up to me until three weeks ago, or I probably would've made my *lifestyle change* a couple of months back.
I'm a little bored, too, Cowp. DH is reading. I probably will be soon. At least until my eyes start to close and it feels like bedtime. The excitement is almost more than I can tolerate. ;)

Take good care, all...

Ella

Schatzi
04-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Ah yes Ella, I'm glad some of "our styles" are comin back. I can't stand them low ridin butt crackin jeans... :no:
Years ago I took classes in AS400, RPG,and Java...DEAR GAWD KILL ME!!!! It takes a special brand of people to be programmers. When I got to Java, we had to write a tic tac toe programming... THe Pain!!! :headache: the most fun I had was selecting my colors for the board and X and Os ... Needless to say, I've forgotten it all...

Typical Sunday Morn here in Schatziville. DH watchin Meet the Press, Sunday with George S.... Mutterin :blah: at the TV :rollpin: , yes all is good in my world. Takin the furkids out fer their walk... then back to the :book2: !

Bagzz
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
what!!! it's Palm Sunday---aren't you all at sunday go to meetin'!!!!! i just went to evening mass and got my palms---aren't they sweet!!!

Bagzz
04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
lushie was my only mik friend...........................:cheers: :cheers:

Cowpernia
04-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I will be a mik for you, darling.

We don't get palms because we paid tuition and I volunteer at bingo night and that's that. When the kids are grown, we will chuck this whole thing. The palms are nice, though.

Florida is sinking because all of Atlanta is here for spring break. There are snooty ones buying 5 kinds of cheese and red neck ones buying Deviled Ham spread. They all buy beer.

Schatzi
04-02-2007, 02:20 PM
What is a MIK friend....? Yer Palms look lovely with Mother Mary Bagazoid... I am a heathen, say a rosary for me. I will go have my palm read.
My home is a crack house! I've only been able to give it a lick n a promise for the last month and the dust bunnies are sneakily forming ranks under the couch.... DH and I went out and got a new vacuum yesterday...I've been telling him.." i'm gonna need a new vacuum soon... "The Beast" (that's what I call this dirt devil model we have, its heavy as a :sumo: and cumbersome) is on it's last legs" well, Dh pulled it out to vacuum his car and he was This piece is cracked off, this part duct taped, attachments missing...heheeeeee. He said I had no idea it was this bad!!! (well, a course not, :snooty: he never vacuums ) Ah, well, we had it for 7 years so it served us well... "The Beast" has been replaced with "the animal" the Dyson Animal that is... Pricey but all the reviews on epinions and at work say its the best.... We shall see.... I plan to vacuum an area with the beast and revac with the animal.... Yes, my life is That boring lately!

Back from the Docs... CRAP crapedycrapcrap! My ear surgery healed up nicely , but both ears "look" sore and inflammed... so the hoses stay in ... I'm suppose to take sudafed stuff to keep the allergies that spring brings at bay and hopefully help me ears... My hearing is still muffled... DH says I'm beginnin to get on his noives...WHAT?WHAT?what?huh? Turn up the TV? What!!!
I'm beginning to sound like the AFLAC duck to him.

I wish to start a new thread: all cows in favor, say moo.

Kiwonk
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Of course, when I was a brand new young adult, I went through about a year during which I didn't want kids. It could be a phase or it could be for real.Oh, so did I -- when I was in my teens and early twenties, I used to loudly claim I'd never get married or have kids. Wasn't more than a year or 2 later that I'd changed my mind. Can't say I didn't feel a little foolish, but :shrug: that's life.
some folks just dont have that maternal dna... I admire folks who know this and don't have the kids...Absolutely. I have several friends who have chosen to remain childless -- and I look at every single one of them and think what good parents they would be, but hey, not my call, eh? For most of them the reason has been not wanting to duplicate the family problems they grew up with, it seems. Of course that never stopped me :lol: -- but I do admire their self-knowledge.

I have walked a mile around Duck Hudda Lake this morning.Good Peachie! How's the weather down there, all springy and blooming? We had a dusting a snow today :rolleyes: Is this how your birthday went --> :bday2: ?

No one should say briquet.
:dz: What does that say about dh's "barbeque-et"? :dizzy:

I realize it shows how simple I am, but I just love it when they put in new smilies!! :bunny2: :egg: Bunnies!! How can you not love bunnies!!! :cheer2:

Shatzi: "I was HOT in my elephant Bells, Wedge or platform heels, and middriff.. Hair a flowin.
My super bell bottom jeans.. VERY fitted little edwardian style jacket ..straight hair parted in the middle, the platforms, the shades.....Long skirts made of India cloth (and bedspreads, curtains and wall hangings made of India cloth, too!!!!)You crazy hippies....I always wanted to dress like that, but I seem to have just missed it, or was too timid to really get into it. I was more the preppy looking girl. But I did have several pairs of bell-bottomed, hip-hugger jeans, and miniskirts and minidresses. And a skinny hot bod and long blonde hair to go with them. Ah, them was the dayz. My favorite outfit was a plaid mini-kilt, Villager shirt with pointy collar, covered buttons and french cuffs, and a navy blue pea jacket that was just barely longer than the skirt. So it looked like you weren't wearing anything under the jacket. That was about as bad as I ever got... :lol: When I got to college, I discovered that my wardrobe was interpreted as snooty and rich (ha, there's a joke!), so I eventually retooled to the sloppy jeans & t-shirts look everyone else at Tufts wore. (and never changed much for 30 years, except to go more plaid flannel -- yay me).

Kiwi

Kiwonk
04-02-2007, 03:37 PM
What is a MIK friend....? Yes, indeed, what are we heathens missing?
"The Beast" has been replaced with "the animal" the Dyson Animal that is...I'd love to hear how you like it. I'm getting a little p-o'ed at my hoover wind tunnel lately, pieces keeping breaking and I don't think it's old enough to be falling apart -- like only about 3 or 4 years. Talk about planned obsolescence..
My ear surgery healed up nicely , but both ears "look" sore and inflammed... so the hoses stay in ..
Sorry to hear that -- hope it all heals up soon.
Moo :moo:
We don't get palms because we paid tuition and I volunteer at bingo night and that's that. When the kids are grown, we will chuck this whole thing. The palms are nice, though. Do I detect a Lushquote?
i just went to evening mass and got my palms---aren't they sweet!!!Pretty as a picture. In a picture. Or something. You have a lovely artistic sense.
Okay, I still don't know how to insert quotes, but I can copy & paste with the best of 'em!!!My dear, it is simplicity itself. There are 3 ways to quote. The easiest is to click the "quote" button on the lower right corner of the message you want to quote. To quote several messages in one, you have to click the multiquote button (it's the one that looks like the little picture I put below) which turns orange, then click one of the quote buttons. The reply message then has all the messages quoted in it. The 3rd way is to Select some text and then click the quote tool on the toolbar above your reply box -- but if you happen to have your options set as simple text box (that's in your user control panel options), you won't see that toolbar. Oh yeah, there's a 4th way: type [ quote ], insert the text, then type [/ quote ] (except leave out the spaces). Viola! as the loosers say, there you have it.

We had a GREAT weekend!! Worcester was fine and dandy -- apparently there was nothing going on at the Centrum, so parking was a snap. DD and BF had already parked in a garage near the Hall, so we joined them; only cost us $6 for about 6 hours. The restaurant was very nice -- totally yummy. Honestly I could have made a meal out of their homemade bread by itself, it was so good. The concert was rather a marathon -- but beautiful, soaring music. And the hall was like nothing I've ever seen before, gorgeous and the acoustics were amazing! Since we were there quite early, we stopped in the lobby before dinner and happened on the building administrator, who was more than happy to tell us a few things about the building and DH asked him if we could have the poster for the concert (men :dunno: ). He said, come by afterward and he'd take one down for us. And he did, too.

Before the concert was a lecture by the chorale director, about the history of Elijah and notes on the piece itself, very interesting. This guy, who is the choral professor at Tufts, is just a kid himself, but what a conductor! I don't how one person manages to conduct a whole orchestra plus about 200 singers all at once! It was pretty amazing. The concert was about 3 hours long, but it actually was exhilariting, Schatzi. Go figure!

Sunday we got DD to take us around campus (we had DH's mom and sister with us; they'd never been there before), drove her to a dance class in Cambridge, then back at school, watched a tech rehearsal for her Irish dance club performance, then she had to work, so we left. DH's mom and sister were the easiest people to travel with, it was really great. And they enjoyed every minute of the weekend, it seemed. The only annoying parts of the trip were when DH started getting in his "tell me over and over again every single turn I need to make" which is inevitably coupled with his absolute refusal to follow my directions. We managed not to scream at each other, considering the company, which I suppose is a good thing. But it just makes me want to do all the driving, which he doesn't like at all. I have to do my own navigation when I am the one driving, what is that all about?

Oh well, I'm hungry. When am I going to learn to eat before I get on the computer?

Kiwi

Schatzi
04-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Ah finally! An event that lived up to its billing eh Kiwi!
Soaring! Ehhilarating! Amazing Acoustics! And not a porn movie in the mix :lol: (Not that I have ever seen one! :s: --ok, truth or dare: I saw 1/2 of one... :yawn:) I crack myself up...sorry to any prudish cow) ..Sounds like a Fabu weekend Kiwi! Good fer you and DH ....
So you still like Rosie? That contraption still intrigues me..

Kiwonk
04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Funny you should ask -- I was just upstairs vacuuming while she was downstairs vacuuming. :high: Yeah, we are still buds. She does require an awful lot of picky maintenance -- if I didn't have 3 pets and long hair myself, that would be less of an issue, but I have to take the 2 rollers out of the bottom every time or 2 that I empty the dirt bin. One of the rollers is a brush and collects mucho hair; the other is rubber and gets some hair wrapped around it too. But I would rather clean that out than haul the big vac around and deal with its cord. I swear I have to empty it as often as the little dirt cup on Rosie. With all the stupid joint problemos I've been having, avoiding the big vacuum is worthwhile too.

I'm taking a break from attempting to clean my bed -- I vacuumed the top of the mattress, but decided the pain was not worth the results and am going to get DH to do the rest of the lugging so I can clean the box spring. I hope I get back to it before I need to climb into it...

Kiwi

Schatzi
04-02-2007, 05:57 PM
oHkiwi! I'm sorry your still in pain.. CRAP! I think that you should rest upon a raised platform, motorvated by 4 Rosies, ..hair in a preppy fitting "That Girl" flip, eyeliner swooped to the temples... yes, you have the visual correct: A somewhat updated Cleopatra! all you need do is swirl your arm about and say "make it so" !
Where is the herd!!! I am off to start a new thread! now then: the new thread has Nothing to do with cow offspring and everything to do with me!

Cowpernia
04-02-2007, 08:44 PM
If a new thread is started, I hope Kiwi provides a handy link for me to follow.

Hello. My name is Peaches and I am an tension-a-holic. I try to get through one day at a time. I got through today. However, I took a small suitcase to work and packed it with my stuff and brought it home so IN CASE I feel like I must quit immediately, I won't leave my stuffed Clifford dog.

Mik. An Irish kind of nickname. What church do Irish people attend? If you people do not shape it, I will go back to being a Baptist and preach at you. I have just noticed there is a page Eight. Must go.

Kiwonk
04-03-2007, 06:03 PM
If a new thread is started, I hope Kiwi provides a handy link for me to follow.No such luck. (http://www.wlbz2.com/news/watercooler/article.aspx?storyid=56703)