General chatter - All About Baseball!

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : All About Baseball!

EZMONEY
03-18-2007, 10:06 AM
OK ~ some of you gals have been asking about a baseball thread.

Here we go ~ A place to share our baseball stories ~

professional ~ little league ~ high school ~ college ~ anything related!

YES! EVEN SOFTBALL!

The above was written in DODGER BLUE!! :carrot:

EZMONEY
03-18-2007, 10:06 AM
I am getting ready for church. I will be back, I have a lot of baseball in my blood!

ennay
03-18-2007, 11:03 AM
I have my fantasy league draft today- I've got a good keeper infield - David Ortiz (fortunately he counts as a 1st baseman- thank you interleague play), Chase Utley, Jose Reyes and A-Rod (headcase but cant ditch the man).

I love baseball- My teams are in order:
Mariners
Anyone playing against the yankees
Anyone playing Oakland
Anyone playing Atlanta.
Detroit
RedSox
Twins
Wherever my fantasy players are...unless they play for the yankees in which case I want them to do well, but the yanks to still lose.

Clydegirl
03-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Well I knew nothing about baseball until I moved here 3 years ago. Not being an american I could never figure out what was going on. Now I'm a huge Cardinals fan. So many players on the Cards that I love.

My middle daughter plays softball and I never miss her games.

Spinymouse
03-18-2007, 03:35 PM
Baseball is THE ONLY pro sport that I follow and I love it. If anyone has a fantasy league of any sort and needs participants, let me know -- I am IN! p.s. my fantasy team won 1st place in the league I was in last season so watch out :D

royalsfan1
03-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm a baseball FREAK! Love it, love it, love it! My scorebook (just a spiral notebook) is purchased and ready for the 2007 season! I am working on which games I'll make in opening week.

ennay - my parents are in Seattle so I'm planning on getting to a few Mariners' games this summer! Can't wait! I've never been to Safeco before.

In fact, there are MANY stadiums I haven't been to. That is one of my goals in life (I know...shallow). I want to watch at least one game in each one. The only ones I've been to are Royals (obviously...hundreds of times!), old Cardinals, Braves, White Sox...then a couple of minor league....Memphis Redbirds and Omaha Royals. Minor league stadiums aren't in my goal....I just thought I'd throw them out there.

My favorite teams after the Royals are: hmmmm....good question! :D I DO HATE THE YANKEES, though. Just thought I'd lay that out on the table.

Thanks for the thread! This is gonna be fun!

ennay
03-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Safeco field is awesome, and...ironically ...the best food in baseball. Actually for watching your weight it isnt bad either...there is so much selection beyond the typical ballpark food you CAN actually eat semi-decently....cheap NO.

I'd love to do a ballpark tour, but alas its tough with the little ones this little

GOOOD LORD how long does it take to pick your back up outfielder?

EZMONEY
03-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Well I knew nothing about baseball until I moved here 3 years ago. Not being an american I could never figure out what was going on. Now I'm a huge Cardinals fan. So many players on the Cards that I love.

My middle daughter plays softball and I never miss her games.

My step-daughter finished her softball career when her senior year ended last year. We are missing the games already.

Baseball is THE ONLY pro sport that I follow and I love it. If anyone has a fantasy league of any sort and needs participants, let me know -- I am IN! p.s. my fantasy team won 1st place in the league I was in last season so watch out :D

Good for you! My Fantasy league will show up soon!

I'm a baseball FREAK! Love it, love it, love it! My scorebook (just a spiral notebook) is purchased and ready for the 2007 season! I am working on which games I'll make in opening week.

ennay - my parents are in Seattle so I'm planning on getting to a few Mariners' games this summer! Can't wait! I've never been to Safeco before.

In fact, there are MANY stadiums I haven't been to. That is one of my goals in life (I know...shallow). I want to watch at least one game in each one. The only ones I've been to are Royals (obviously...hundreds of times!), old Cardinals, Braves, White Sox...then a couple of minor league....Memphis Redbirds and Omaha Royals. Minor league stadiums aren't in my goal....I just thought I'd throw them out there.

DODGER STADIUM ~ CHAVEZ RAVINE is awesome so is PETCO PARK home of our local padres :p

My favorite teams after the Royals are: hmmmm....good question! :D I DO HATE THE YANKEES, though. Just thought I'd lay that out on the table.

Thanks for the thread! This is gonna be fun!

IT WILL BE FUN! We have a long season ahead of us! :carrot:

Safeco field is awesome, and...ironically ...the best food in baseball.

EXCUSE ME? Have you ever had a DODGER DOG?

Actually for watching your weight it isnt bad either...there is so much selection beyond the typical ballpark food you CAN actually eat semi-decently....cheap NO.

I'd love to do a ballpark tour, but alas its tough with the little ones this little

Hide em in your bag ;)

GOOOD LORD how long does it take to pick your back up outfielder?

I dunno! I am still thinking about it...was gonna pick Britney but she has a reputation of dropping things...ie...her kid...panties...K-fed....

EZMONEY
03-18-2007, 08:39 PM
MY FANTASY TEAM ~ We don't win much...but we sure have fun in the clubhouse!

PAMELA ANDERSON ~ ALL AROUND VETERAN ~ Can cover any part of the field as well as record number of Playboy Covers!

JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT ~ Can give you a pair anytime!

TERI HATCHER ~ Another veteran ~ solid ~ DESPERATE for playing time!

PARIS HILTON ~ Covers...well under covers...most of the time ~ but usually makes you-tube highlights!

BRITNEY SPEARS ~ OK...so she drops a lot of things...the hair will grow back ~ should be solid off the bench after rehab assingment

JESSICA ALBA ~ A little class will pull this team together down the stretch!

DANICA PATRICK ~ SPEED baby SPEED!

MARIA SHARAPOVA ~ This girl can hit!

JESSICA SIMPSON ~ LONG legs and available ~ ready for second chance to star

ANGELA ~ The hottest second baseperson around! Had awesome moves back in the day ~ still can bring it when needed! ;) Married to manager (ME!)

royalsfan1
03-18-2007, 10:45 PM
The ONLY ballpark food for me is a hotdog with ketchup. Period! Diet be dam#ed!!! hahaha

Every year my husband asks me what I want for my birthday dinner...and it's always a ballpark frank....so if the Redbirds are in town, that's exactly what I get! :D

Stepping Out
03-18-2007, 11:39 PM
I have my fantasy league draft today- I've got a good keeper infield - David Ortiz (fortunately he counts as a 1st baseman- thank you interleague play), Chase Utley, Jose Reyes and A-Rod (headcase but cant ditch the man).

I love baseball- My teams are in order:
Mariners
Anyone playing against the yankees
Anyone playing Oakland
Anyone playing Atlanta.
Detroit
RedSox
Twins
Wherever my fantasy players are...unless they play for the yankees in which case I want them to do well, but the yanks to still lose.

As I was saying to my DH this morning: "Any day when the Red Sox beat the Yankees :p , is a good day for me!!"

crazynette826
03-19-2007, 05:17 AM
YAY!!!!! BASEBALL!!!!!! Love it!!!

So obviously my favorite team is the Colorado Rockies!!! Lived in Denver for 10 years and was able to go to a lot of games. So even though we didn't have many winning seasons, I got hooked. This year I think we have a chance though, lots of talent on the team!

I already have tickets bought and am planning my trip to Denver for opening day, and the next two games, since we'll be there anyways!! I can't wait. Opening day is so much fun!!

Besides the Rockies :), I like the Cardinals, and the Phillies. I agree with Ennay and Royalsfan, I hate the Yankees!! I also hate the Dodgers!! Just kidding ;), but they're not my favorite. I tend to like certain players without really liking the team they play for, like Erick Byrnes. I love watching him play, but the Diamondbacks, not my favorite.

I also would love to do a ballpark tour. I've only been to Coor's Field, but there are many that look so pretty on TV, and others that would just be neat to go to for the history, like Wrigley's. Maybe someday when I'm rich!!

Thanks for the thread Gary. Lot's of fun!!

EZMONEY
03-19-2007, 10:50 PM
As you may have guessed the LOS ANGELES DODGERS are my favorite team. I also root for the ANGELS in the american league, I have tried to follow both but I just don't have the time.

And of course my second favorite team is ANYBODY playing the san francisco giants.

I live in San Diego County but grew up in Orange County California when I became a DODGER fan at age 9. My dad, originally a CUBS fan, being from Illinois, would take us to a game or two of the DODGERS each year and to the ANGELS games too. Back then the Angels played in DODGER STADIUM. We moved the summer between my 6th and 7th years of school to San Diego county, in 1969 the San Diego Padres professional team was born. I just couldn't leave my DODGERS! And it was just so much fun rooting against my friends!

I will pull for the ANGELS and I will pull for the CUBS (as long as their wins don't make a difference to the DODGERS) in memory of my dad's second favorite team.

Baseball has brought a lot of memories to my family. As the season goes on I am sure to get a chance to share some of mine with you.

Help keep this thread going if you gals are REALLY interested..okie-dokie?

Won't be long now...til we hear..."PLAY BALL!"

newFannie07
03-20-2007, 12:50 AM
OOOHHH! I am sooo excited to have found this thread!! I LOVE baseball. I even got my DH hooked on it (he's not a sports person). I am a complete Cardinals fan!! You should see my office, aka the baseball shrine. We have lots of cards stuff and also D-backs stuff. I grew up with the cards and now am back in St Louis after being gone to AZ for 15 years. I am also a Diamonbacks fan since I did live there, but NOT a fan of their new colors, so it's good I've moved back home. There really is a huge difference between cards fans and D-back "fans." I am soo glad to be back home where baseball rules.
But you will find a few Yankees items in my collection out of hommage to Lou Gherig. My father-in-law has Lou Gherig's disease. But I do hate the current Yankees.
Also, I am not really good with players' names and stats. I am getting much better now that I am paying attention more since my DH loves it as much as I do. I just love the game. The ballpark!!!! Everything.
Only 13 days till opening day here!!!!!!!

newFannie07
03-20-2007, 12:52 AM
I even flew from AZ back to St Louis in 2005 to see games in the old stadium before they tore it down :( . And flew back in 2006 to see games in the new stadium, which was just as much fun as the old.

Clydegirl
03-20-2007, 09:06 AM
I even flew from AZ back to St Louis in 2005 to see games in the old stadium before they tore it down :( . And flew back in 2006 to see games in the new stadium, which was just as much fun as the old.

That's my mission this year to get to a Cardinals game. I'm a newbie to baseball compared to the rest of you. I've never been to a major league baseball game and would love to go this year.

crazynette826
03-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Clydegirl, you should definitely go to an MLB game. There's nothing like it. We have a triple A team here in town, but after going to so many Major league games the minor leages can be boring. I still go and have a good time, but it's just not the same!! The atmosphere of the ballpark is what first got me interested in baseball, now I just love the game!!!

royalsfan1
03-21-2007, 07:15 AM
Clydegirl, you should definitely go to an MLB game. There's nothing like it. We have a triple A team here in town, but after going to so many Major league games the minor leages can be boring. I still go and have a good time, but it's just not the same!! The atmosphere of the ballpark is what first got me interested in baseball, now I just love the game!!!

That's so interesting to me because I'm just the opposite. I LOVE the minor league games!!! To me, that's where you find the biggest concentration of real fans and not just the idle "watchers". There is a huge group of people at each minor league game that scores the game themselves (which I LOVE doing). Also, everyone has their portable radio and headsets....keeping up with their major league team. Everyone there seems to just love the game. They love to talk about who their team is....history....memories...etc... It's great! Not to say that MLB games aren't fun...but the minor leagues have a very different feel to them.

I'm not a Cardinals fan even though our triple A team is theirs. I think it's just too hard to be a true fan to more than one team. I can follow the Cards but they don't make my heart race the way the Royals do. Also, a lot of those feelings could go all the way to 1985. Silly, though, since the Royals haven't really been competitive since then. HOWEVER, I did go to my first Cardinals game last year and I saw a lot of people scoring....that was cool. To me, that's the group of "old school" baseball fans.

EZ....HATE the Giants!!! Mainly because I can't STAND Barry Bonds. I truly wish that EVERY pitcher would pitch out and refuse to give him a chance to hit the ball at all. IBB him EVERY TIME!!!!! He deserves no record breaking shot. BLEEEEECCCCHHHHH!

OK guys....first memory question....who is your favorite all-time player? I mean, the guy who really makes your heart beat fast...and gives you goosebumps when you see him (or remember seeing him if he doesn't play anymore). Mine would be a toss-up between George Brett and Amos Otis...however, George would have to win out. I get all jittery even remembering seeing him play when I was growing up! And the pine-tar fiasco? I STILL cheer every time they show that clip where he comes barrelling out of the dugout!!!!!! WHHOOOOTTT!

EZMONEY
03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
That's my mission this year to get to a Cardinals game. I'm a newbie to baseball compared to the rest of you. I've never been to a major league baseball game and would love to go this year.

It will be really special when you get the chance! I have been to Dodger Stadium of course, the old Padre stadium, Angel Stadium, the old Mariners Stadium for games...have seen Giants ~ Cardinals ~ Oakland ~ by air ;)

I'm not a Cardinals fan even though our triple A team is theirs....

Was there a Shaun Boyd on that AAA team by chance? I heard he may have dropped to AA. he was with the cardianls organization, played baseball against my son in little league, and with him in basketball in high school. Best little league player I ever personally saw!

EZ....HATE the Giants!!! THANK-YOU! :carrot: Mainly because I can't STAND Barry Bonds. I truly wish that EVERY pitcher would pitch out and refuse to give him a chance to hit the ball at all. IBB him EVERY TIME!!!!! He deserves no record breaking shot. BLEEEEECCCCHHHHH!

WORKS FOR ME!

OK guys....first memory question....who is your favorite all-time player? I mean, the guy who really makes your heart beat fast...and gives you goosebumps when you see him (or remember seeing him if he doesn't play anymore). Mine would be a toss-up between George Brett and Amos Otis...however, George would have to win out. I get all jittery even remembering seeing him play when I was growing up! And the pine-tar fiasco? I STILL cheer every time they show that clip where he comes barrelling out of the dugout!!!!!! WHHOOOOTTT!

I am not sure of my favorite player. I have had several over the years from Sandy Koufax ~ Billy Russell ~ Bill Buckner ~ Brett Butler ~ Eric Gagne (NO MORE! :mad: ) But I will tell you I get all jittery as you say when I hear Vin Scully announcing Sandy Koufax's Perfect Game! I was 10 years old and heard it live with my dad. Every night he would lay on the couch and listen to the ball game, resting from the days work. A lot of nights I would lay on the floor by the couch and listen too, this night was special, I will never forget it! We had the record of the ninth inning years ago, bought it from a Dodgers special, lost it, then with the beauty of the internet, you can hear it...I haven't been able to figure out how to copy it or buy the copy though. I would really like to hold it again in my posession! But being able to click on it now and hear the 9th inning of that game is really special to me.

Thanks for sharing and keep it up! Any baseball stories will do just fine!! Let's see if we can build through the entire season gals!! :carrot:

royalsfan1
03-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Shaun Boyd played last year, I'm pretty sure. I don't know about before that...and I don't know if he is on the roster this year. If I remember correctly he was an outfielder. If I remember to, I'll go pull out last years' scorebook of mine and check to see if I saw him play or if I'm thinking of someone else.

I've only heard about Koufax's perfect game. I've GOT to find that on the internet and listen. How cool is that!? I

EZMONEY
03-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Tricia ~ he was an outfielder, he started in the organization as a second baseman I believe. A few years ago he was projected to be on the roster by now...losing steam I guess.

I will P.M. you the link to Koufax ~ Thanks, Gary

ennay
03-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Lets see, I didnt become a baseball fan until later in life. I've been to Cleveland's old Municipal Stadium (for baseball, football, U2, Pink Floyd and The Who - nothing like an all purpose grey dingy half flooded piss hole), The Metrodome (twins) , the Kingdome (old Seattle), Safeco field (new Seattle), Cincinnati's new park, Petco, Anahiem...mmmm I think that is it.

Players hmmm. Since I wasnt a fan in the olden days dont really have any kid memories. I used to have a major crush on a player, but it is too embarrassing to admit, especially since he was most definitely a 'roids case. But we all went a little crazy up here in 2001.

on Bonds.... I pray to the baseball gods that he blows out his knees permanently before the season starts and never gets a shot at besmirching yet another record.

Stepping Out
03-21-2007, 11:08 PM
I am not sure of my favorite player. I have had several over the years from Sandy Koufax ~ Billy Russell ~ Bill Buckner ~

Wait a minute...did you say BILL BUCKNER???? :mad: :mad: :censored:
I still remember the 6th game of the 86 series. I screamed so loud my DH heard me in CT (I was in ME). My Sox played one of the best series ever in 2004..but that awful moment just won't go away :(

I'll forgive you this time Gary ;)

Spinymouse
03-21-2007, 11:13 PM
OK guys....first memory question....who is your favorite all-time player? I mean, the guy who really makes your heart beat fast...and gives you goosebumps when you see him (or remember seeing him if he doesn't play anymore). !

Dennis Eckersley

ennay
03-21-2007, 11:22 PM
I still remember the 6th game of the 86 series. I screamed so loud my DH heard me in CT (I was in ME). My Sox played one of the best series ever in 2004..but that awful moment just won't go away :(

he was hung for a lamb, the sox had plenty of chances to clinch that series and blew it, way beyond buckners error--lets not forget that was only game 6

crazynette826
03-22-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm fairly new to this baseball thing. I've only followed it closely for the last three seasons. I went to games as a kid with my grandpa and all his buddies. They went to every single minor league game here in town. He'd take one of the grandkids with once or twice a week. I remember it being a special time to hang out with my grandpa, but I don't remember much about actual games. More just the atmosphere and laid back attitude at the ballpark.

My uncle was the official scorekeeper here up until last season. So it was always fun to go to the games he was scoring and rib him on some of the plays/calls. He taught me how to keep score, so I started doing it at each game I go to. It's really fun! Most of the time I screw up a few times, but it's still fun to keep a record of what happened. I'll never forget I went to a game last year with my mom (triple AAA). We sat down next to this older man. First thing he said to us was "oh you girls out to enjoy the weather? Well don't worry I'll help you understand the game." I was just like okay. They I pulled out my scorecard and started writing down the lineups. The guy just gave me a weird look. By the third inning, he turned to me and said "maybe you can help me understand the game." It was so cool! I love breaking stereotypes!! He was a neat guy. It was really fun listening to his baseball stories, and as we got to talking it turned out he knew my grandpa. So it was really cool!

crazynette826
03-22-2007, 05:50 AM
As far as favorite player of all time, I have to go with Todd Helton. Career .333 hitter, awesome with the glove, and so nice!!! He came to the children's hospital I worked at and took pictures and gave autographs to all of the kids. He was so sweet to all of the kids, and to the nurses! He's a really great player, but he might be my favorite for more personal reasons! ;)

royalsfan1
03-22-2007, 07:07 AM
he was hung for a lamb, the sox had plenty of chances to clinch that series and blew it, way beyond buckners error--lets not forget that was only game 6

Yep...a Series hangs on WAY more than one play. Or 1 call, Cardinals fans! Don Denkinger is their sacrificial lamb! :)

EZMONEY
03-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Thank-you dear! But he was a **** of a ballplayer! So sad that one play is all he is remembered for (except us true fans! ;) )

Dennis Eckersley

I would like to mention KIRK GIBSON here! :carrot:

Most people forget that ENNAY...you are a "stud-ette"!

As far as favorite player of all time, I have to go with Todd Helton. Career .333 hitter, awesome with the glove, and so nice!!! He came to the children's hospital I worked at and took pictures and gave autographs to all of the kids. He was so sweet to all of the kids, and to the nurses! He's a really great player, but he might be my favorite for more personal reasons! ;)

It's great to hear this stories...it is always the "you know what" we read about.

Yep...a Series hangs on WAY more than one play. Or 1 call, Cardinals fans! Don Denkinger is their sacrificial lamb! :)

Well, unless you are a DODGER fan and remember Tom Niedenfuer pitching to Jack Clark (you-you CARDINALS fans YOU! ;) ) Thanks so much TOMMY! Way to call that one from the dugout :mad:

EZMONEY
03-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Tricia ~ glad you like the Koufax audio. There is a written play by play on the internet if you ever want to "read" it. It usually comes up if you google Vin Scully and Sandy Koufax...I think it is in a website Salon or something like that. If you want it and can't find it let me know, I have it written down somewhere...if I only had a brain... er "memory"

newFannie07
03-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Favorite player...hmmmm... I would have to say Ozzie Smith. I grew up with him playing for the cards. I also think he is just a really nice guy.

I am with everyone on the Barry Bonds issue. Cannot stand him. I also cannot stand Derek Jeter. He is a great player, but seems very snobby/standoffish to me. Dont like the attitude.

royalsfan1
03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
I also cannot stand Derek Jeter. He is a great player, but seems very snobby/standoffish to me. Dont like the attitude.

OH MY GOSH! My feelings exactly! I've NEVER liked him!!! I actually drafted him for my fantasy team 3 years ago (I think 3...). It went against every fiber of my being to do it...but I did. And that was the year he started the season batting lik .174!!! What an A$$! hahaha I'm sure he did it just to make it even worse on me for drafting him in the first place! Besides...has anyone noticed that he unfastens and refastens the velcro on his batting gloves about a MILLION times per at bat???? Man, he drives me nuts!

Really, I just don't like the Yankees at ALL! My heart is sad the Mienkiewicz went to them this year. I know he isn't the best....but for the Royals he was a great defensive player at 1st and we needed any hitting we could get...even if it was just slapping. Oh well...

One final thing I'd like to bring up today....Mienkiewicz brought it to mind because he ALWAYS wears short pants. I LOVE short baseball pants and I can't understand why they aren't the standard anymore. There isn't much that drives me crazier about baseball unis than the stupid baggy pants that hang on their cleats! (Well, the vest thing is pretty bad, too...but the baggy pants win out on gross baseball attire!) I think short pants should be the new rule!

EZMONEY
03-23-2007, 03:51 PM
OH sure TRICIA ~ easy for you to say ~ try "sliding in them"! ;)

707Goddess
03-23-2007, 05:36 PM
GO DODGERS

and just so you know im a die hard i just bought these shoes they are my pride and joy
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m283/707goddess/LAshoe.jpg

EZMONEY
03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
OH GODDESS! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: We always had a connection didn't we? I just didn't know what it was until now! :love: :love: :love: Stick around for the season...

I got my Sports Illustrated yesterday...they pick DODGERS and :angel: ANGELS :angel: in the WORLD SERIES with the :angel: ANGELS :angel: winning :p

ennay
03-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Favorite player...hmmmm... I would have to say Ozzie Smith. I grew up with him playing for the cards. I also think he is just a really nice guy.

I am with everyone on the Barry Bonds issue. Cannot stand him. I also cannot stand Derek Jeter. He is a great player, but seems very snobby/standoffish to me. Dont like the attitude.

Personally I dont think Jeter is nearly as good as he thinks he is or as the media hypes him up to be. He isnt even the best shortstop on his own TEAM.

EZMONEY
03-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey CARDINAL fans...what the ************************ is wrong with TONY?...Doesn't he have "taxi" $$$$$

Clydegirl
03-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey CARDINAL fans...what the ************************ is wrong with TONY?...Doesn't he have "taxi" $$$$$

I wondered if someone was going to bring that up. You'd think he'd have a designated driver.

newFannie07
03-24-2007, 12:09 AM

I don't know what he was thinking.......or not thinking. Must slap him with a wet noodle.:o

royalsfan1
03-25-2007, 08:46 PM
One week from RIGHT NOW I will be watching BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHHHHOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

newFannie07
03-25-2007, 08:53 PM
WHHOO HHHOOOO!!!!!!!! Baseball coming just around the corner. We all know how fast a week goes by!!!

Congrats on halfway meeting that mini-goal roaylsfan1!!!

newFannie07
03-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Goddess-
I love the shoes!!!!

royalsfan1
03-25-2007, 09:27 PM
WHHOO HHHOOOO!!!!!!!! Baseball coming just around the corner. We all know how fast a week goes by!!!

Congrats on halfway meeting that mini-goal roaylsfan1!!!

Thanks newFannie! Tomorrow is weigh in day....I'm hoping I'm closer...or there! :D

Stepping Out
03-25-2007, 11:56 PM
My DH just put in for his vacation time. Hopefully it will get approved..we're planning on going to Tampa (4 hr drive) to see the Sox play! Can't wait!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Unfortunately I HAVE to wait 'til July

Oh, by the way Gary; I'm 'sort of' a Dodgers fan :) . Jacksonville's AA team, the Jax Suns, is a farm team of the Dodgers. It's the closest we get to pro baseball around here, but it's great. The games are relatively cheap, the park is really nice, and the team has been finishing at or near the top of the Southern league :) .

P.S. We just bought the DVD of 'Field of Dreams'..my favorite movie. I'm waiting 'til the day before opening day to watch it ;)

EZMONEY
03-26-2007, 06:08 AM
I love that movie JOANNE ~ also The Natural and of course Angie's all time favorite (just about) movie, Bull Durham.....

I will be out of town for a few days.....baseball is almost here gals!

royalsfan1
03-26-2007, 07:51 PM
I think my favorite baseball movie is "A League of Their Own". My fantasy baseball team is named the Rockford Peaches.

I also love Field of Dreams and I think Major League is great. I love the Bad News Bears movies. Sandlot is outstanding. The Natural is a classic! Yep...there's a ton of good stuff out there!

newFannie07
03-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Congrats, royalsfan1!!! I see you're almost there. Just wear shorts and a tshirt to the next weigh-in for the extra 1/2lb:p and don't forget to put your purse down!!!

I also love A League of their Own. The end always makes me cry. Of course, I love any baseball movie. All of the ones mentioned.

5 more days!!!!!!

redsoxgirl
03-27-2007, 06:06 AM
It's all in the name....I love the Sox. My 74 year old mother is going to Florida today and has tix to 2 games.

I can see Fenway out the window of my house and usually get to a bunch of games. Love it, love it, love it. Oh and living here I see players a lot. Once I played wiffle ball with Mike Timlin, John Olerud and their kids!!!

Every year I also go to Baltimore and try and get to at least 2 games, so much cheaper than going in Boston and a very cheap flight. The games usually have more Sox fans than Orioles!!!!

Stepping Out
03-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Red Sox fan: My DH and I have been to Tampa to see the Sox play the Tampa Bay Devil Rays (we live in SE GA..originally from MA). There are so many retirees from New England in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area that the crowd is probably 8 to 1 Sox fans ;) Poor D-Rays! :devil: Getting a ticket to a game at Fenway is next to impossible! My nephew had a standing room ticket at the top of the Green Monster, and he had to sell it. I'm not sure how much he got, but it was probably $$$! :dizzy:

redsoxgirl
03-28-2007, 06:19 AM
I just bought 4 sox tickets for Patriots (Marathon day). Face value $23, I paid $75...oh well it's fun.

I have a bunch of friends with season tix which is nice, plus since I live across the street from the park, I often get a last minute phone call saying "so and so can't make the game if you want to go"....it' great for me. Last year I got that call and was all sweaty from a run, so I threw on a sox hat and I went to the game just like that...I didn't care.

The one thing the Sox do which is nice is they save some tickets to be sold on the day of the game. Last year I got in line at 2, waited for 3 hours and got face value tix to a Yankees game. It's a pain but worth it if you want to go.

crazynette826
03-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Ah, baseball movies!!! There's so many good ones to choose from. My favorites are "A League of Their Own" and "Little Big League." I've seen both so many times I think I could quote the entire movies. It's great!!!!

Redsoxgirl, I'm jealous. That would be neat to live that close to the ballpark. I'd have gone right after working out also if I had the chance.

Only a few more days!!!!! YAY!!!

EZMONEY
03-29-2007, 11:11 PM
I am so LOVING the new baseball avatars girls! The seasion is coming quick...I am still in MARCH MADNESS though ;) with UCLA :carrot:

Sports Illustrated picks MYDODGERS and MY ANGELS for the WORLD SERIES this year...with the ANGELS winning. That sure would be fun for me!!

I really am enjoying the stories here....I am sure there will be many more too.

I have been able to watch a couple of high school games (my old alma mater) lately. My nephew plays tennis for the high school, the courts are right next to the diamond, I can watch two sports almost at once! Kind of reminds me of watching my daughter's college tennis home matches. We stood on top of the athletic building, a deck, and looked down into the tennis courts on one side and onto the baseball field on the other. A real pretty picture, the baseball field, behind the outfield fence was the Pacific Ocean. I will see if I have any pictures in the computer, if I do I will post them.

Clydegirl
03-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Congrats, royalsfan1!!! I see you're almost there. Just wear shorts and a tshirt to the next weigh-in for the extra 1/2lb:p and don't forget to put your purse down!!!

I also love A League of their Own. The end always makes me cry. Of course, I love any baseball movie. All of the ones mentioned.

5 more days!!!!!!

Love your avatar, that was a great moment. I love Adam Wainwright hope he does well this year.

EZMONEY
03-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Here is a picture of me and my daughter on the tennis court and the only picture i can find of the field. It is my daughter and son on top of the deck I was talking about, you can see the ocean behind the fence.

EZMONEY
03-29-2007, 11:19 PM
I forgot~ it is pretty "small" lol

newFannie07
03-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Clydegirl - I was still living in AZ last year and I had to work during the series. I was listening on the radio (I brought my satellite radio into work) though. When it got real heated during the last couple of innings, I called my DH at home and was screaming at him to turn the DVR (like Tivo) on. Like all good hubbies, he did. Now, I have the last couple of innings forever.:D It will hold me over until I can buy the box set.
I sooo wish I could go to the opening day festivities, but I have to work. At least I'll be home in time to watch the game!!!
Good luck to all of our favorite teams (but really, go cards;) ).

royalsfan1
03-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Oh my gosh....we're really coming down to the wire! I'm off to Kansas City on Sunday for the first week of baseball. Can't wait! I did miss out on Opening Day tickets...but I'll be there Wednesday and Thursday. I used to take my kids out of school and we'd go to the home opener but now that we live in Tennesse that is no longer possible. Makes me sad! :( Luckily, next week is their spring break week so for the first time in several years we'll be in town! I'm going to be a lot more diligent about tickets next year, if spring break is again so convenient, and get them back to opening day. I don't think there is a neater game (regular season, mind you, that's all we Royals fans can remember!). I'll post some pictures when we get home!

Clydegirl
03-30-2007, 10:20 AM
NewFannie it would be a great game to go to but probably sold out. I'll wait until a midweek game and try to get a ticket.

crazynette826
03-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Opening day is the best day of the season!! I can't wait. We leave tomorrow for Denver for opening day week. I'll make it to the first three games of the season. I can't wait. I'll post pics when I get back. Goodness knows I take plenty when we go to the games.

Good luck to everyones teams! Go Rockies!!!!

Gary that is a beautiful ballpark, and beautiful kids!

EZMONEY
03-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Thank-you CRAZYNETTE for the compliments, on my kids...wonder who their daddy is ;)

I wish all of you the best as the season starts and so happy for you that are going to get in a few games!! :carrot:

I was going to mention that don't you just hate the internet for ticket sales now! I went on-line the day individual tickets went on sale for the DOZDGERS and ANGELS, about 1 hour after the start and ALL the decent tickets were gone! AGAIN! Every year...I just hate the way the scalpers can buy them up. I know they get stuck with them too, but it just seems like the guy that just wants to take his family to one week-end game, against a decent team, doesn't have a fighting chance.

redsoxgirl
03-30-2007, 07:23 PM
The ticket I have for Patriots day (marathon day in Boston) is the Sox vs. the Angels...EZMONEY I'll be thinking of ya!!!

EZMONEY
03-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks dear! I am ALWAYS thinking of my BASEBALL GIRLS!!

This sport has meant so much to me through the years for different reasons...and now a new one! YOU GALS!!

newFannie07
03-30-2007, 11:37 PM
I can hardly stand the waiting. There is sooo much baseball fever in the air here. The company I work for let us wear casual clothes for today, sat and sun (for a $3 donation to American Heart Assoc.). But the stipulation was the top had to be something cardinals or red. How great is that! I love seeing all the baseball stuff in every store. I want to buy everything.

Gary - I hear ya on those blankety-blank scalpers. Here, 20 minutes after tics went on sale, they were sold out (opening day) and before that was standing room only (SRO). Makes me nuts. Hopefully next year I am going to buy partial season tickets and that always includes opening day.

Crazynette - Have a stupendous time at the games!! Can't wait for the pics. At least one of us gets to go to opening day!

Kerri

EZMONEY
03-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Well my DODGERS won the second game of the annual freeway series, over my ANGELS last night, 13-4. That evens it up at 1-1. They will play the third and final game tonight at ANGEL STADIUM.

I always love this series because I know we are just a day or two away from the season! :broc: BASEBALL ~ SPRING ~ FLOWERS :flow1: ~ SUMMER ~ :sunny: LONGER DAYS!

Have a good week-end gals!

royalsfan1
04-01-2007, 10:25 AM
IT'S FINALLY HERE! TODAY IS THE DAY! IT'S BEEN A LOOOONNNNNGGGG WINTER BUT THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO ROYALS, LET'S GO (clap clap clap) LET'S GO ROYALS, LET'S GO (clap clap clap)

I'm off to Kansas City. May not get a chance to log in this week so you guys have a great opening week. If I don't say hey before, then see you on Friday!

ennay
04-01-2007, 01:45 PM
ITS OPENING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :carrot:

I have some fantasy players in todays game so I am doubly excited.

newFannie07
04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
30 minutes......30 minutes!!! I can hardly type...gotta run.

ennay
04-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Its here its here its here!!!!!!!!

(although as a traditionalist, I miss that Cincy doesnt have the opening night - I love traditions---thats why I love baseball!)

newFannie07
04-02-2007, 12:46 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :tantrum: :tantrum: :stress: :stress:

We lost.....enough said.

Good luck to every one else!!

Hey, EZ, are you going to the Robinson game?

Kerri

Clydegirl
04-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Kerri I enjoyed the pre-game show.

Now it's time to think about this season :)

newFannie07
04-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I didn't get to see a pregame show. The only coverage I could find was ESPN2 and they didn't show any pregame. I kept flipping through the local channels before the game. I must have missed it. Darn. But I did download the WS parade for my ipod. Maybe they'll have the pregame for download soon.

newFannie07
04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh, and BTW - I was interested in fantasy play, but it look too complicated. Does anyone have any suggestions for a VERY simple version? I don't even understand how your team is formed. There must be a "Fantasy Baseball for Dummies" book, right?;)

Clydegirl
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
I didn't get to see a pregame show. The only coverage I could find was ESPN2 and they didn't show any pregame. I kept flipping through the local channels before the game. I must have missed it. Darn. But I did download the WS parade for my ipod. Maybe they'll have the pregame for download soon.

I thought you were in the St.Louis area? Do you not get KSDK news channel 5? They showed all of it.

newFannie07
04-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah I am. Didn't see it. Kept flipping the dang local channels. Maybe they were always on commercial. The cable guide on the TV didn't even list it. Oh well. Sadness. What time was it on? Right before the game? or earlier I had to work until 4pm then didn't get home until about 5pm.

Clydegirl
04-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah I am. Didn't see it. Kept flipping the dang local channels. Maybe they were always on commercial. The cable guide on the TV didn't even list it. Oh well. Sadness. What time was it on? Right before the game? or earlier I had to work until 4pm then didn't get home until about 5pm.

It was on from 6-7pm. The cable guide was wrong here as well but I remembered them talking about doing the pre-game show.

BlueToBlue
04-02-2007, 06:18 PM
I just got back from catching a couple of spring training games in Arizona. We go every year--I love having an opportunity to see a major league team in a ballpark the size of a minor league stadium. I always read baseball books during the trip. This year I finished up MoneyBall (started it on last year's trip) and re-read California Rush (http://www.amazon.com/California-rush-novel-Sherwood-Kiraly/dp/0425159795/ref=sr_1_3/104-8601237-1057560?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175552042&sr=1-3, the best baseball novel ever written--it's hilarious--if you like baseball, you should definitely read this book).

I seem to be the oddball on this thread because I am an Oakland A's fan. They are the only team I'm interested in, although I will root for whoever is playing the Yankees and I'm no fan of Barry Bonds or the Giants either.

Dennis Eckersley's parents live down the street from me; it's my one brush with fame. But they pretty much keep to themselves, so I haven't actually met them.

ennay
04-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh, and BTW - I was interested in fantasy play, but it look too complicated. Does anyone have any suggestions for a VERY simple version? I don't even understand how your team is formed. There must be a "Fantasy Baseball for Dummies" book, right?;)

There are several different kinds. I am probably in the SIMPLEST league of all. I am doing what is called a weekly head-to-head format in a mixed league with no salary cap.

Basically this means me and a bunch of other yahoos get together and chip in a little money for a site that supports fantasy leagues. There are some free ones, we use one I think we pay for and it is REALLY nice.

Then we decide on a draft day and draft order (how you do this the 1st year must involve major battles, fortunately I joined after it started and it was based on the previous year)

You pick players one after the other until you have the 25 players on your team. (In our league you are required to play 5 starting pitchers, 3 relievers, 2 catchers, 1 of each of the infield positions, 4 outfielders and 2 extra batters every week and carry 5 players in reserve)

After that you just sit back and let the players do their thing. Different things are worth different points depending on what kind of league you are in. The websites do all the math for you. Like in my league a single is worth 1 point, a double 2, etc.

The differences between the leagues are in the details such as

WEEKLY - mine you set the line-up every week and are stuck with it all week. Some you do DAILY. Unless you have no life, I would not do a daily league.

HEAD-to HEAD - I play a different team each week, whichever has the most points at the end of the week wins the "game". Just like in baseball, wins and losses determine standing (as opposed to total points scored which is called "rotisserie" or "total point" leagues)

MIXED LEAGUE - We draft from both NL and AL, some leagues are dedicated.

NO SALARY - Some leagues assign values to players and you have to fill your roster within a budget (ironic given the lack of a cap in the real game) ours is just 1st come 1st served. It makes trades much easier too, whatever you can sucker the other guy in to is ok!

KEEPER LEAGUE - means a league where you get to keep players from the previous year before the draft. Sometimes they are then kept at their previous "salary". Some leagues have 0 keepers, ours has 4, my BIL is in a league with 15....totally up to the league how you want to run.

The easiest way to play fantasy is find a league that you may want to join and shadow an owner for a part of a season.

Stepping Out
04-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Opening Day of Baseball season! :carrot: :cb: :cheer2: :broc: :woohoo:

The Red Sox game was televised on ESPN :D

Unfortunately, THEY LOST! :censored: :headache: :tantrum:

Congrats Royals Fan...your team played a great game! :)

newFannie07
04-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the info ennay! Makes more sense now.

Sorry homebound, but it's just the beginning!

newFannie07
04-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Blue - I just moved from Mesa AZ. I lived there 15 years. Used to catch a couple of games during spring training too. My brother has been coming down from CA to see the A's the past few years. But it was always too hot for me. I do agree with the major in the minor park. Nice to see the plays and players closer. I'll have to look into those books. I have a couple of bb books, but haven't read them yet.

Clydegirl
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
That was brutal last night. I kept jumping back and forward during commercials. It just got worse. Hopefully Wainwright can do some magic against the Astros.

ennay
04-05-2007, 06:41 PM
where is gary?

Clydegirl
04-05-2007, 06:55 PM
where is gary?

Didn't he say he was going away for a few days.

EZMONEY
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for missing me gals! ;) I am here, was out of town for a few days and VERY busy with family stuff. Tonight a belated b-day dinner for my son, turned 26 the end of MArch and we are going to a good-bye reception for my debtist shortly.

My DODGERS are off to a very mediocre start...but my ANGELS are smoking!

Will catch up soon with you all!

BlueToBlue
04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Darn Angels! :mad: The A's have not been doing so well, but hey at least we're ahead of Texas and we won last night. As any A's fans knows, nothing before the all-star break matters anyway. ;)

Still can't understand why they haven't traded Melhuse, though. :?:

707Goddess
04-06-2007, 12:51 AM
GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

707Goddess
04-06-2007, 12:52 AM
wow that look like S%*T after i did it ~LOL

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 05:02 PM
DODGER~GODDESS

Here is a picture I took this week-end. It is a picture of DODGER seats my son bought last year from DODGER STADIUM Chavez Ravine. The old seats were sold when the new ones were installed.

Clydegirl
04-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I just got back from daughter's softball game and it was so cold. Our wind chill is in the low 20's. Brrr.

Come on Cards let's get a win tonight.

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Good luck tonight with your CARDINALS gals. It will be a battle of the winless. My DODGERS have ONE big one so far :carrot: ;) Tonight we play the :devil: giants :devil: I would rather see the YANKEES win than the giants!

CLYDEGIRL ~ what level (age) of softball? I miss my step-d's games already and it has only been a year since high school ball.

Clydegirl
04-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Good luck tonight with your CARDINALS gals. It will be a battle of the winless. My DODGERS have ONE big one so far :carrot: ;) Tonight we play the :devil: giants :devil: I would rather see the YANKEES win than the giants!

CLYDEGIRL ~ what level (age) of softball? I miss my step-d's games already and it has only been a year since high school ball.

Yes a win good job Wainwright. Duncan played well.

Gary she's on the JV team, sophmore in high school. They lost 14-12 went to extra innings.

ennay
04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
oh god that snow game was hilarious to listen to, just sorry victor martinez got hurt. I was listening on the radio and the announcers couldnt see the game

royalsfan1
04-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Opening Day of Baseball season! :carrot: :cb: :cheer2: :broc: :woohoo:

The Red Sox game was televised on ESPN :D

Unfortunately, THEY LOST! :censored: :headache: :tantrum:

Congrats Royals Fan...your team played a great game! :)

Thanks, Joanne....unfortunately (for us) you all got the next 2! Oh well...not being swept by the Sox is a victory when you're a KC fan!

Had a great (but FRRREEEEEEZINGG!) time watching baseball this week! Can't wait to go back!

EZMONEY
04-07-2007, 08:40 PM
:carrot: :carrot: My DODGERS :frypan: beat those @$#^%**&*$!$* giants :kickbutt: again today! That makes 2 in a row this year and 7 in a row in their own park!!

Isn't that cool GODDESS!

It was the first baseball game I have been able to watch on my new plasma television...way cool! So cool in fact that I only napped for 2 innings :rofl:

I almost...almost...felt bad for Dave Roberts, an ex-DODGERone of the good guys and local high school hero...but since he is a giant now...nope! :D Besides he was a Padre last year and that is almost as bad :D

I have the CARDINAL ~ ASTROS game on now... Good luck CLYDEGIRL and KERRI

Thinking about ordering the baseball package this year, it is $160 though...so I will have to watch enough to justify it...humm...I live in the San Diego region so we don't get too many DODGER games. We'll see...I would get it in a minute except I miss so many late innings of night games since I get up at 4am a lot of mornings...humm...we'll see....

ENNAY ~ yep! super baseball weather :no:

ROYALSFAN ~I have always been a fan of Mark Grudzielanek

BLUEtoBLUE :( sorry for you but :) for my ANGELS!

JOANNE~ ahead of the yankees...that has gotta be good ;)

HAVE A HAPPY EASTER LADIES! :egg: :easter3: :easter:

royalsfan1
04-08-2007, 09:01 PM
I say definately get the baseball package. We have it and I love it!!!! EXCEPT, apparently the Royals aren't good enough for them to air our games unless we're playing someone interesting. No Detroit, KC games were televised this weekend. Had to resort to gameday and XMradio. :( Oh well, we lost anyway....I think that's a theme that will resonate throughout the season....

Yep, Gruds is a good guy...he always seems to play all out and leave himself on the field when the game is over. I like him a lot! Tons of Royals fans are not happy that we signed him again...but I'm glad.

EZMONEY
04-08-2007, 10:29 PM
:carrot: That is 3 straight over the giants and 4 straight overall for my DODGERS after an 0-2 start!

Clydegirl
04-09-2007, 08:55 PM
The Cards are looking much better, finally getting some hits and runs :carrot:

Bad news for Chris Carpenter who is injured and out for 10 - 14 days.

crazynette826
04-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Finally back from vacation! Opening day was awesome!!! Even though we lost. We did win the next two though. So it made the traveling worth it!! The Rockies are off to an okay start (4-3)! We beat the Dodgers today!!! :) Sorry gary, but it was a good game. I felt bad for the Dodgers having two injuries during the home opener? That sucks! But the Rox looked great!!

When I get my pictures downloaded I'll post some. I took a ton from all three games. The weather was great during the afternoon games. A little cold during the night game, but not unbearable. I can't believe the series that got cancelled in Cleveland. Brrrrrrr! Made me glad that I'm not an Indians fan!

EZMONEY
04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Congrats CRAZYNETTE on your big win yesterday...I hope it is the last one in L.A.! ;) I guess the injuries were not that bad after all, we shall see. I am looking forward to this year, I think my DODGERS will at least be in the hunt all year.

Sorry about Chris Carpenter CLYDEGIRL.

royalsfan1
04-10-2007, 10:01 PM
:yay: Whelp....the Royals pulled a win out tonight...we're on pace to win 53 this year! Go Royals! :yay:

707Goddess
04-10-2007, 10:56 PM
YEP YEP I cried we we beat the giants ~LOL

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m283/707goddess/dodgers13na.jpg

crazynette826
04-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey Royalsfan. How's Ryan Shealy looking this year? He was one of my favorites last year. I even got his autograph last year! I was kind of bummed when we traded him, but Helton was in his way. I was glad that he got the starting job this year though.
And wow 53 wins?!? Way to go KC!! J/K!

So we lost 2 of 3 to the Dodgers, but oh well. They never do well at Dodger stadium. There's always tomorrow. That's the beauty of baseball!!

ennay
04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I cant believe we are postponed again. We have to make up FOUR games already

EZMONEY
04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
ENNAY ~ Pretty sure your starting pitching will be rested...but if they don't go deep into the innings it could be real tough on your bullpen!

GODDESS ~ LOVE the graphic! We are looking pretty decent so far!

CRAZYNETTE ~That was a great game for my DODGERS last night ~ did you see it? Juan Pierre just took the game!

ROYALSFAN ~ Watch that sarcasm...it's still early ;)

Catch up later gals....Angie has dinner ready

crazynette826
04-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Yes I watched the game... very disappointing 8th for my boys. Their bats better wake up soon. I'm getting sick of losing in one run games.

Ennay - the weather is really wierd this year. I can't believe how many postponed games there are already. It's going to be nuts trying to make them all up.

royalsfan1
04-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Nette - I really like Shealy so far. That's a lot for me because I was seriously disappointed when Meinkiewicz was allowed to leave. We so desperately needed someone who could play 1st base...even if he was only a slappy kind of hitter. So, Shealy's defense combined with his better than Doug M's offense is making me happy. If we get Gordon's arm under control I'll be even happier...he's kind of a loose cannon throwing from 3rd to 1st!

Gary - sarcasm on any other team is realism for a Royal. ;)

ennay
04-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Royalsfan - Hey Meche did another great outing (sorry you lost). I will do my best to convince dh not to put him on our fantasy squad. Everytime we did that last year he went mental on us. The boy has great stuff if he can just NOT THINK. He is a total Nuke LaLoosh. He doesnt look it, but he is.

The snow is killing my fantasy team. We have 3 seattle players and 3 boston players.

royalsfan1
04-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Ennay - don't put ANY KC pitcher on your fantasy team! No matter how good he is the Royals can probably manage to get him a loss. :D I don't think we have a pitcher who's ERA is fantasy worthy, anyway!

I do think Meche is pretty ok...but if he has head case issues then the KC bats will ruin him! Greinke is my prime example! haha

EZMONEY
04-13-2007, 10:06 PM
My DODGERS are playing the local boys tonight ~ san diego Padres ~ My future (in less than2 months) son in laws team...gotta win...just gotta...they owned us last year!

EZMONEY
04-14-2007, 09:07 AM
I really ~ REALLY want to call my future SIL, after last night's DODGER win over his padres.....9-1 :D ...but with my luck and the way the padres killed us last year, we won't score another run this series...better wait to see if the DODGERS can sweep :yes:

EZMONEY
04-14-2007, 07:58 PM
60 Years ~

ennay
04-14-2007, 08:20 PM
60 Years ~

:) :) :) There you go....I think earlier we had a favorite player past or present.

Jackie- you changed the world.

EZMONEY
04-15-2007, 12:48 PM
:( :( WOW!:( :( did my DODGERS and ANGELS get :club: clubbed last night :stars:

That is 5 losses in 6 games for my ANGELS after starting 5-1. DODGERS gotta win today...60th Anniversary of JACKIE!

Clydegirl
04-15-2007, 03:18 PM
The Cards and Brewers are all wearing 42 today.

We need our first win of the season at Busch Stadium today.

Clydegirl
04-15-2007, 05:06 PM
:carrot: 10 - 2 for the cards. :carrot:

crazynette826
04-17-2007, 06:49 AM
I had to work all weekend, so I missed most of the tributes to Jackie R. But the little bit that I did see was really cool. What an amazing man! I think it's really neat that they honored him!

EZMONEY
04-19-2007, 10:29 PM
My DODGERS are still doing well! My ANGELS are hurtin' for certain!

I am loving watching baseball on my new big screen plasma! I even ordered the MLB package from Cox...I have been abel to see parts of all YOUR teams gals! Way cool...

I see it has been a slow start for most of you though...a long season ahead gals!! :cheer2: UP!

ennay
04-19-2007, 10:45 PM
OK.. I love baseball, I love Jackie...and I am not Christian so I don't know but didn't it seem a bit blasphemous/presumptuous to replace Jesus washed with Jackie walked in "Oh Happy Day?"

Clydegirl
04-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Oh dear let's hope the Cards do better against the Cubs.

They did not do very well out in California.

luja
04-20-2007, 09:40 PM
I am a Twins fan. Even got to see them win 1987 WOrld Series in person. But I just love the game. We are hoping to go see the TWins Play in MIlwaukee and Cleveland this year. We've been to both Chicago Stadiums and Baltimore (what a beautiful park).

Did any one see Burley's no hitter? That was something.

royalsfan1
04-20-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm so ticked that I missed that no hitter! You guys aren't going to believe this but I was channel flipping through the MLB stations and went right past it thinking "well, THAT game's about over". Then my husband called and asked if I had watched because Buehrle had rocked the house....and I LIKE Buehrle! I hate when I miss stuff like that!

Go AL CENTRAL! :D (Go Royals is hopeless this year, I think)

newFannie07
04-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey all. Back from being MIA. DH was in town and didn't have time for the computer. Hadn't seen each other for 2 months. Well, we did manage to go to a Cards game this past Tuesday. Of course it was the game they made 2 errors in the 1st inning! What is up with them this year? I know it's still early, but they just don't seem to have any life in the team. Still a forever fan though.
But being at the park was great and it was a perfect day! Sunny and 72degrees. My DH even surprised me with a jersey to wear, which is no small feat considering they usually don't go up to my size. I have lots of Cards gear to wear, but not an official white jersey. Now I do. He even got me a gift card to go back and have my name and number put on the back since their embroidery machine was broken. Made me pretty happy. And I didn't even get any mustard on it!!!!
EZ - That's pretty exciting about the SIL no matter what team! And I totally agree with the plasma TV. We have one and I love to watch the games in HD. It's just like being at the park! You feel like you could touch the grass.
Have a great weekend to all!

royalsfan1
04-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Royals win....woo.

ennay
04-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Well Gary ..looks like nothing cures the offensive woes of the Angels like a game with the M's.

Stepping Out
04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
The Sox beat the Yankees last night! :woohoo: :club: :broc: :cheer: :carrot: My DH has today's game on right now. Big Papi :D just tied it up...and it's only the 1st inning! :carrot:

GO SOX! :carrot:

luja
04-21-2007, 08:00 PM
NewFannie - that game sounds wonderful. Baseball outside - imagine that! I will be thrilled when the Twins new ballpark is built. I am part of the definite minority that is happy to pay some more sales tax to get it. Too bad it's being built right next to a garbage burner. :dizzy:

HOmebound - Yeah Sox - anybody beating the Yankees makes me happy. :D

Royalsfan - I spelled Buehrle really wrong! It was still great baseball though.

Last couple of weeks has been great for MN baseball - Santana got his Cy Young. Morneau got his MVP and HUnter got his Gold Glove. Hunter's Grand SLam. Makes up for all of the years when they are really really bad and there are about 10 of us at the Dome.

newFannie07
04-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Luja - garbage burner? Oh, no! Where is the zoning board? LOL And I love baseball outside. I just moved back to StL (my true love) from Phoenix where the D-Backs play indoors. Yes, the roof opens, but it rarely is open since it is so freaking hot there. They open it before the game to let the heat out, but close it back up to keep the A/C in. I heard they use enough electricity during one game for the A/C than the whole city uses in a month. But it would be unbearable to sit through a game in 115 degree heat. Hope your new stadium turns out to be wonderful.

royalsfan1
04-22-2007, 07:56 AM
luja - I didn't even know the Twins were getting a new stadium but I've heard the Metrodome is awful. I'm happy for you fans. I certainly would be in the club with you and willing to pay more for it. Now I need to get MN on my list of places to get to before the stadium is gone! :) When are they expecting the new one to be finished?

crazynette826
04-22-2007, 08:40 AM
So I finally had time to download my pics from opening day. So I thought I'd share a few. The first two are from opening day, the third is from the second game of the series, and the fourth pic is from the third game. It was so much fun. Looking at the pics makes me want to go back, even though the team is struggling right now. Their bats are working or their arms are working. They can't seem to get both working at the same time. So frustrating. :fr: At least it's still early in the season. They have time to turn it around.

NESunshine
04-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Ohhhh a baseball thread! WOOT! Proud member of Red Sox Nation....and solid supporter of anyone who beats the Yankees! Boston's a bit intense these days with Dice-K mania....I hear they've even added sushi to the menu at Fenway... haven't had a chance to check it out yet but hopefully soon!

ennay
04-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Ohhhh a baseball thread! WOOT! Proud member of Red Sox Nation....and solid supporter of anyone who beats the Yankees! Boston's a bit intense these days with Dice-K mania....I hear they've even added sushi to the menu at Fenway... haven't had a chance to check it out yet but hopefully soon!

Safeco field (Seattle) has sushi - I think it started with Ichiro, but they overall have a WIDE selection of food. yakisoba, barbecue, mexican, fish, soups, salads, chocolate dipped fruit (yum) plus the normal stuff.

Clydegirl
04-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Great game against the Cubs today. The Cards won 12 - 9.:carrot: Albert got a 3 run homer in the 10th inning.

NESunshine
04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
So I just turned on the game (Sox/Yanks) and the Yankees were up 3-0 and I caught 4 home runs in a row...take that new york!

EZMONEY
04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I thought I would try and catch up!JOANN, NEWFANNIE and NESUNSHINE I just watched Mike Lowell smack another one over the monster for the sox to take a lead. Is it just me or is Joe Morgan just the worst announcer? I can't stand the way he continually repeats what he says over and over and over? Especially when he thinks he said something that only "he" knows?

My DODGERS lost today but I will forgive them after the extra inning exciting game over Pittsburg last night...walk off grand slam! :carrot: We were 8 of the last 10 going into it. Almost pulled it out in the ninth.

Thank-you CRAZYNETTE for the Rockies win over those Padres today so my DODGERS can hold their 2 game lead. Great pictures! thanks so much for posting them. You are quite a cutie too ;) but then ALL my BASEBALL gals are!! There seemed to be a lot of empty seats in the pictures....not like the Broncos games I guess.

CLYDEGIRL Big win today for you!

be back....

Decade
04-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Rangers fan here. I've always watched the Rangers off and on, but this year, I'm keeping a much closer eye on them...wish they'd play a little better.

EZMONEY
04-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Had a phone call .....

ROYALSFAN got the win over LUJA'S TWINS today.

ENNAY your M's sure are making my ANGELS look good THANK-YOU ;) Oh, about the "song"...I am a christian, didn't hear it, but I don't think it would bother me too much...I usually keep the sound low or off unless Vin Scully is announcing...when Joe Morgan is announcing like last week, well, let's just say it is low! I didn't even hear it, when was it played? I did hear Jennifer Hudson butcher (IMHO) the Star Spangled Banner.

Oh yeah NEWFANNIE what # are you putting on the jersey? Last week-end it seemed like everyone had #42....hummm.

Have a great week ladies!

EZMONEY
04-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Welcome DECADE, my son has a friend from his old high school on the RANGERS triple AAA team...he was called up late last year.

By the way did anyone see Cole Hamels for the Phillies throw 15 K's against the Reds yesterday? He went to school in our county...only problem with that is he is keeping a friend of my son's down on the farm in their organization! Another lefty. Big day for the kid from Rancho Bernardo though!

ennay
04-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Joe Morgan is a bit full of himself for my taste but anything is better than listening to Chris "the only real sport is football" Berman call a game. I miss Costas...that was a guy who could call a game. We lost our backup announcers in Seattle and now they have some dip calling most of the game that doesnt even know baseball or the mariners. Seattle is different in that they have a crew share radio/tv and they usually swap halfway through the game. Now it seems like the old guys are mostly doing radio and the dip is getting all the TV time.

EZ - it was played before Mrs. Robinson talked. I guess Happy Day was their favorite hymn. I suppose it couldnt be too blasphemous as it was sang by a gospel choir, but it just seemed like...well Jackie was great and all, but was he THAT GREAT that even an allusion to Jesus was appropriate. But its not like hyms havent been done before. I think it was that so FEW words were changed that it made you hear the Jesus/Jackie thing more than normally when they redo hymns in a secular way.

EZMONEY
04-22-2007, 11:38 PM
OK ENNAY ~ I did have the sound on during that time but it was low and I was across from our living room, at the kitchen table, working on bills. I do remember the song, just didn't pay any attention to the words, I did listen to Mrs. Robinson talk when she came on, she seems to still have a lot of life in her!

What was acomplished because of Jackie's situation is wonderful, however, I think sometimes the DODGERS don't get enough credit for it OR some of his team mates that had to endure "crap" for supporting him. He, than God, was strong enough to stand up for it. Being voted rookie of the year showed that Things were changing for the better in our nation...too late and too little of course at the time.

In Joe's behalf last week, he did say that the door is open for the blacks in baseball, they just choose basketball instead...he thinks baseball has done it's job for the black player...not the black manager though. He kept harping on Dusty Baker not having a job right now, now I am a big Dusty baker fan from his days in a DODGER uniform...but he HAS had his chances, and maybe will again, just because he is black doesn't
mean a team HAS to hire him...teams try to make changes that suit their players.

Stepping Out
04-23-2007, 12:18 AM
4 Homers in a row!! First sweep of the Yankees at Fenway in 17 years!!

:D :D :D :D :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :club: :club: :club: :club:

Another Proud member of Red Sox Nation!

newFannie07
04-23-2007, 12:35 AM
I'll be putting 71 on my jersey (birthyear). Kinda corny, but oh well. At least the cards one today against those blasted cubs.;) Wish I would have seen Pujos' homer. I've got to get a pocket schedule. A lady at work's husband's company chartered a jet to fly them from StL to Chicago for todays game. And of course sit in the cushy box seats. I am sooooooooo jealous.:devil:

My goal is to go to one of the games in a "party room" where they serve food and beverages (beer if you like) for the first 1&1/2 hours of the game included in your ticket price. Granted, hefty price, but hey I'm worth it! Maybe for my birthday.........

I love reading about everyone else's teams here. I root for all (except cubs and yankees).;) Sorry to all those fans, but I just can't do it.

Have a great week and play ball!

royalsfan1
04-23-2007, 10:37 AM
ennay - I'll be up at Safeco field in June. Can't wait!!! Eager to cheer RAUUULLLL....I'm still sad we let him go to you. Royals can't hold on to ANYONE! (Well, except constantly injured and incredibly overpaid Mike Sweeney...great guy but a boil on the butt of a poor team!)

ennay
04-23-2007, 11:23 AM
I cant believe we got rauuuuul back after we gave him to you. He's on my fantasy squad but having a slow start....but I got Arod too so.....

NESunshine
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
ALWAYS a fun day to be in Boston when we kick some Yankee butt! Even better when we break records and sweep em! I work with 3 yankees fans....lets just say I'm rubbing it in a bit extra today!

newFannie07
04-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Yea!! 2 in a row!!! WOohoo!! Cards seem to have found their bats. HOw's everyone else doing?

Clydegirl
04-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Yea!! 2 in a row!!! WOohoo!! Cards seem to have found their bats. HOw's everyone else doing?

Good game yesterday loved it.They're finally getting the hits and the runs.

Cubs this weekend.

wisher
04-27-2007, 10:35 AM
oooooh a baseball thread!! I confess I haven't read through all 10 pages of this thread....are there any other Red Sox fans out there???

Sox are going strong ranked at the top of the AL East.....and those Yanks are sitting waaaaay down at the very bottom of the AL East too! :D :D :D

ennay
04-27-2007, 02:59 PM
bwahahahahah "bloody sock gate"

Wisher welcome - yes there are some sox fans here and LOTS of "anyone but the %$#@*& yankees" :D

I am loving this latest run, I have A-rod on my fantasy squad, but hate the yankees so for him to rock and them to still lose is priceless. Loved the 2 homerun game that ended in a loss (truthfully not an arod fan but I choose not to let emotion get in the way of kicking fantasy butt)

Big Papi needs to pick it up a notch!

EZMONEY
04-27-2007, 08:19 PM
!

WHADDA YOU HAVE AGAINST RED PAINT? Ever since you made that one gal's eyes :rolleyes: roll back ~ you have had a "strutin' my stuff attitude"....and rightly so! ;) :broc:

Well my DODGERS stunk up their home against the giants!

Tonight we begin a series with the Padres...let's all put our hands together and pray for Gary's DODGERS to sweep! :yes: :lol:

ennay
04-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Ever since you made that one gal's eyes :rolleyes: roll back ~ you have had a "strutin' my stuff attitude"....and rightly so! ;) :broc:

dayummmm straight! :broc:

RoyalsFan...well you get Meche against our current headcase Weaver....best of luck to ya!

EZMONEY
04-28-2007, 01:21 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: DODGERS WIN! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

My DODGERS got a big win in the 9th last night against the Padres,"closer god", Trevor Hoffman...on TREVOR HOFFMAN CLOCK NIGHT! :lol: :club: CLEANED HIS with 4 big ones!

Helped ease the sweep by the giants on us.

And best of all the giants lost!

EZMONEY
04-28-2007, 01:23 PM

our current headcase Weaver....

Had him...totally understand! ;)

Stepping Out
04-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Wisher: Yes, there are definetely Sox fans here! Good news..the yankees
are in the cellar! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Originally posted by ennay

Curt Schilling has offered one million dollars to anyone who can prove that that's not real blood on that sock! :p

Congrats to your Dodgers Gary...and the giants lost. That makes it even sweeter.

My DH and I went to a game last night. The Jacksonville Suns (Dodgers AA) vs. the Montgomery Biscuits (Braves AA). Unfortunately, it was a blow-out (12-5). But where else could you see a ballgame, a fireworks show, and a Christian concert (Avalon) for only $8.50! ;)

Ennay: I hope that A-rod rocks for you today...just as long as the Yankees lose! :s:

ennay
04-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Ennay: I hope that A-rod rocks for you today...just as long as the Yankees lose! :s:

Well last night was ok anyway, I have Julio Lugo too! :D

My DODGERS got a big win in the 9th last night against the Padres,"closer god", Trevor Hoffman...on TREVOR HOFFMAN CLOCK NIGHT! CLEANED HIS with 4 big ones!

OK, but I was NOT pleased when he coughed it up on my Peavy's 16K's.

newFannie07
04-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I just love the D-Backs walking Bonds 3 times in one game!! Haha for him.

Little whining now: Why are the cards losing against the blankety-blank Cubs??? It looks like they are pulling out then blamo. Oh, well, such is baseball.
Yea for Dodgers!

Kerri

Clydegirl
04-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Kerri that 5th inning was brutal. It's Sunday maybe they can win today ;)

ennay
04-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh what a horrid day yesterday!

Real world sucked...booo yanks and weaver topped his head case status with a monumental melt down. 6 runs in 1/3 of an inning..priceless.

Fantasy world sucked worse I had 3 pitching meltdowns yesterday AAAACK We went from 50 points up to 20 points down in one freaking day.

EZMONEY
04-29-2007, 10:23 AM

weaver topped his head case status with a monumental melt down. 6 runs in 1/3 of an inning..priceless.

GLAD WE got rid of him!

MADDUX pitched a gem against US last night...SORRY we got rid of him!

Off to church.............

ennay
04-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Josh Hancock, RP STL
News: St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Josh Hancock was killed in a car accident, the team announced Sunday morning. The Cardinals said they were told of the 29-year-old reliever's death by the St. Louis Police Department. The team's home game against the Chicago Cubs on Sunday night was postponed.:(

EZMONEY
04-29-2007, 04:00 PM
:cry: CARDINALS FANS :cry:

Clydegirl
04-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Sad news about Josh Hancock.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2853149

newFannie07
04-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the link Clydegirl. Was wondering what the postponment was about. Just got home from work. How tragic. Will say some prayers for his family and friends as well as my cards.

Kerri

EZMONEY
04-29-2007, 10:29 PM
DODGERS win in 17 innings....tough day...looooong game! But a W is a W!!! YIPEE............

crazynette826
04-30-2007, 06:12 AM
So my Rockies are not doing as well as I had hoped, but the game today was awesome. Walk-off HR in the 11th, not to mention the unassisted triple play in the 7th inning!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I had never seen a triple play before, so that was awesome! It's only the 13th unassisted triple play in major league history, and it's my team!!! :yay: And a win we needed badly. On the good news front, we've yet to be swept this year! You have to cheer for the little things sometimes! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

crazynette826
04-30-2007, 06:13 AM
It's awful about Josh Hancock. My thoughts go out to his family and the Cardinals organization. What an awful thing to happen.

EZMONEY
05-02-2007, 10:05 PM
DODGERS WIN!

not braggin' gals...just trying to keep it going here...

ennay
05-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Mariners win too!

Clydegirl
05-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Cardinals are not doing too well at the moment. They are going to Josh Hancock's memorial service tomorrow.

royalsfan1
05-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Finally!!!! Thank God Gary's Angels can't sweep us up! ;)

EZMONEY
05-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Sorry CARDINAL fans...that it just keeps getting sadder.

newFannie07
05-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Thanks, EZ. I can't say that I am not a bit irritated at the reason behind Hancock's crash. Just so stupid. What a waste. And now they'll probably have a really crappy season. Oh, well. At least it's still baseball!

EZMONEY
05-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Well my DODGERS finally lost one this year after having a lead in the 7th...oh well.....:(

My ANGEL manager (ex-DODGER) Mike Scioscia got his 626th victory yesterday...an ANGEL manager record.

newFannie07
05-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Woo Hoo - a win after the shameful 13-0 shutout!

Yea for Angel manager:D

Clydegirl
05-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Good to see the Cards win 2 of the 3 games against the Astros.

Bad news about Chris Carpenter. He will have surgery on his elbow and be out for at least 3 months.

crazynette826
05-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Quiet around here. Haven't been able to watch as much baseball as I would like to. Been too busy, but thought I'd bump this up to keep it going. Hope everybody's having a good night!

Clydegirl
05-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Hi crazynette the Rockies are here at the moment. Have you seen any of the games? Cards won last night :carrot:

33tekfan
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Just found this thread and I am sooooo excited!

As some of you know just by my name, I am a Red Sox fan...have been as long as I can remember. And I'll just say it out loud right now to get it out of the way...I AM NOT a fan of the Yankees. At all. And, while I admit that I did like Roger Clemens back in the day (with Tony Pena catching!), I am disgusted that one player is making more than another teams entire payroll.

Currently the Sox are winning 8-0 in Toronto!

Looking forward to some good baseball talk!

Cris

EZMONEY
05-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Good to see you gals keeping it alive here! Thanks!

Welcome 33tekfan! Glad to have you here...you will get more Red Sox support! Good catcher but I will put my DODGERS Russelll Martin up against him anytime!! ;)

Well my DODGERS split 4 with the Marlins...should have done better...but hey, if you don't hit :club: it is tough to score! Off to Cincy for us.

Will try and catch up later gals...good luck to all of you! Gary

Clydegirl
05-10-2007, 11:29 PM
My middle daughter came home today with a voucher for 2 reserved seats for any Cardinals game before July 1st :carrot: :cheer: :woohoo: :dance: . She got it from her school as she had straight A's the whole school year. Now I have to convince her to take me with her :) I think that would be a nice day out with her mum.

EZMONEY
05-10-2007, 11:52 PM
:cheer: :congrat: :cheer2: To CLYDEGIRL'S daughter!

crazynette826
05-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Wow Clydegirl. That's awesome!! I wish my school had given tickets away for good grades. It's definetely a good bonding time with mom!!

So I finally have a night to watch a game. We're playing San Fran. So hopefully we'll win. We won last night so a 2 game winning streak would be nice!!

Clydegirl
05-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I have been looking at what's available for the tickets. We can get the best available seats at the moment it's standing room only :( I will keep looking fingers crossed.

I'm watching the Cards at the moment play San Diego can I just say that has to be the ugliest uniform, bright canary yellow yikes.

EZMONEY
05-12-2007, 01:34 PM
So I finally have a night to watch a game. We're playing San Fran. So hopefully we'll win. We won last night so a 2 game winning streak would be nice!!

Any day those giants lose is a great day! How about you take two more this weekend for me dear ;)

I have been looking at what's available for the tickets. We can get the best available seats at the moment it's standing room only :( I will keep looking fingers crossed.

Maybe you can just pick up those seats, then move to better ones not filled? It "sometimes" works here in San Diego and up at DODGER stadium.

I'm watching the Cards at the moment play San Diego can I just say that has to be the ugliest uniform, bright canary yellow yikes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just ANOTHER reason I laugh at all my padre fan buddies :D

Well my DODGERS got a win last night...thanks to a shutout by Wolf...but the boys are sure not hitting! Still in first so I could complain but no one cares :(

Wouldn't mind seeing a win or better 2 now from those CARDINALS CLYDEGIRL against those stinkin' padres.

Are you REDSOX GALS nervous now that those damn yankees got the Rocket back?

ENNAY I see you have a new player...I have seen him somewhere before...humm :chin: now, where was that?

Stepping Out
05-12-2007, 02:09 PM

:p :p :p :no: :no: :no: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Does that answer your question???

EZMONEY
05-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Just one more reason why you are one of my favorites, JOANNE ....you are ALWAYS so serious ;)

33tekfan
05-12-2007, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=EZMONEY;1692484]

Ummmm.....NOOOOOOOOOO! As all the reporters have been saying...it's their bullpen that they need work on. Even if Roger goes 5 or 6 innings every 5 days, they still need a bullpen to rely on. And, even if they do pull off a win every five days when he pitches, there's still 4 other games left to lose!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

newFannie07
05-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Yea for Clydegirl's DD!! I always got 4 free tickets from my high school here in StL for good grades. They were nosebleeds, but we had a blast! Me and all my fellow nerds ;) !

Not saying your daughter is a nerd! Please don't misunderstand!:o

Kerri

Clydegirl
05-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Kerri have you ever got the cheap seats and then upgraded at the stadium to the seats not filled?

One more win today at the Padres and then it's the Dodgers :cheer: Woo hoo Gary are you ready?

newFannie07
05-13-2007, 08:13 PM
No I never have. We did move from our seats to the handicap section as my husband is disabled. The guest services people were very nice to us. Is STO the only thing available at any game for those vouchers?

And I am WAY too chicken to try a self-upgrade.;) I am a rule-follower to my detriment!!

Kerri

EZMONEY
05-13-2007, 11:53 PM

One more win today at the Padres and then it's the Dodgers :cheer: Woo hoo Gary are you ready?

You better believe my DODGERS are ready! In first by 3 games...having 18 hits today..oh yeah! It will truly "stink, if they don't win the series, since it is at home and the CARDS are down right now.

Enjoy the games CLYDEGIRL :)

royalsfan1
05-14-2007, 08:08 AM
And I am WAY too chicken to try a self-upgrade.;) I am a rule-follower to my detriment!!

Kerri

hahaha You and me both!

Go Royals! They really, really stink this year but at least we got a win yesterday!!!

EZMONEY
05-14-2007, 11:18 PM
OK you CARDINAL GALS ~ take it easy on me...:(

Just got home from a birthday dinner for my niece...turned on the game and OUCH!!! waa-waa-waa :bb:

I give up...8-0 in the 3rd....holy moly! see ya tomorrow...it's on! :devil:

Clydegirl
05-15-2007, 08:22 AM
That was a really nice start to the game. Great first inning and nice to get a win :)

EZMONEY
05-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Easy for you to say CLYDEGIRL ;)

Clydegirl
05-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Are you watching Gary?

Wainwright is really off tonight. 7 - 4 at the moment.

NO NO 8 - 4 now.

Make that 9 - 4. I'm saying no more until it's over.

newFannie07
05-16-2007, 01:25 AM
COL (Crying out loud:( ), Clydegirl. At least they got 3 more. Where was Wainwright tonight? Only watched the 1st inning where bases were loaded and then he hit someone. Then 2 more runs.....aaaaggghhhh!!!

Congrats, EZ!!! It's not over yet......:devil:

Kerri

EZMONEY
05-16-2007, 07:27 PM
I hope my DODGERS break the tie tonight gals ~ been fun so far. What about my guy FURCAL though, at one point last night he was 14 for his last 15 at bats! I went to bed (actually DANCING WITH THE STARS was on and Angie and I watch that together) KNOWING that the 9-5 lead WE had might not hold up! We haven't won against you in 11 games...WE were due!

Good luck tonight gals!!

Clydegirl
05-16-2007, 07:48 PM
[COLOR="red"]Good luck tonight gals!!

Kip Wells tonight he's not pitching well. Could be the Dodgers.

EZMONEY
05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey GALS! My DODGERS are playing my ANGELS this week-end. No doubt WHO I will root for!

How do your week-end games stack up?

newFannie07
05-18-2007, 11:18 PM
How do your week-end games stack up?

Did you see (hear of ) the slaughter today? 14-3! Against the Tigers, no less.
:cry: :sp:
Saturday and Sunday against the Tigers again. Lord, help us.

Kerri

Clydegirl
05-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Kerri I couldn't believe it when I turned on the game and the score was 14 - 0. I don't think it could be much worse today.

EZMONEY
05-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Boy you CARDINAL GALS have got to be hurting after that one...:( At least my DODGERS lost to my ANGELS by "ONLY" 8 runs ;) It was so bad I made Angie shut it off and switch to What Not To Wear!

How 'bout them yankees!

ROYALSFAN gets "big" win over CRAZYNETTE which helps my DODGERS, now if ENNAYS Mariners could beat those Padres, I would be so happy!

Good luck to all of you in the games today.

newFannie07
05-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, we lost, but at least we held our own today. Been noticing a lot of high scoring games this weekend. Redsox/Braves 13-3, Cubs/WhiteSox 11-6 etc. bats are hot!!!

EZMONEY
05-20-2007, 12:08 AM
WE are stinkin' up the place against the cross town rival ANGELS! Another loss...looks like we won't lose ground today though!

crazynette826
05-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Hey Gary, be nice!!!! ;) My Rox might have lost the first, but at least we came back and won Saturday! Hopefully we can win Sunday, and win the series!!! We could obviously use a couple of wins.

Of course it's really nice of the Dodgers to lose! Gives us a chance to make up some ground!! ;) :lol:

I do rather like the Angels though. :angel: I get to go watch their AAA team every now and then. So it's kind of fun to see some of the players from last year make the big club and do so well so far!

Clydegirl
05-20-2007, 09:53 AM
I was hoping they were going to get some runs in the 9th inning but never happened. At least they were getting hits last night.

EZMONEY
05-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey :crazy: NETTE Nice win! Two big :bomb: by Hawpe......:( sorry TRICIA Meche finally gave some runs up on the road.

CARDINAL BABES ~ you can at least be happy that you don't still have Weaver...lost all six starts with an ERA of over 14! for the Mariners.

WE have Lowe going today...it will be an EASY win :snooty:

Enjoy your games today :)

EZMONEY
05-20-2007, 11:06 PM
OUCH! looks like we all had pretty much a rough day 'cept ROYALSFAN...congrats Tricia!

suzie76
05-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Hi,

Is there any talk of minor league baseball here? My husband and son are doing a double header tomorrow. We live in NJ, and Ryan Howard from the Phillies is playing for the Lakewood Blueclaws tomorrow morning, and Roger Clemmens is pitching for the Trenton Thunder tomorrow night. (standing room only) Yes, my son is missing school for baseball, but he hasn't missed one day all year...or last year for that matter!)

My husband is a lifelong Phillies fan and our son is a Yankees fan (much to my husband's disgust)

We're very fortunate to live near the stadium where the Yankee's minor league plays. My son met and got autographs from Philips Hughes last year-he was incredibly nice and even gave our son a pitching lesson! I hope his hamstring injury heals quickly so he can go back to the Yankees soon. Tyler Klippard was also very nice in person as well.

Sherry

EZMONEY
05-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi,

Is there any talk of minor league baseball here?

Only a little...but feel free to sahre ANY story ANY time!

My husband and son are doing a double header tomorrow. We live in NJ, and Ryan Howard from the Phillies is playing for the Lakewood Blueclaws tomorrow morning, and Roger Clemmens is pitching for the Trenton Thunder tomorrow night. (standing room only) Yes, my son is missing school for baseball, but he hasn't missed one day all year...or last year for that matter!)

A great reason to skip school..IMHO ;)

My husband is a lifelong Phillies fan and our son is a Yankees fan (much to my husband's disgust)

And to most of us here! :D

We're very fortunate to live near the stadium where the Yankee's minor league plays. My son met and got autographs from Philips Hughes last year-he was incredibly nice and even gave our son a pitching lesson! I hope his hamstring injury heals quickly so he can go back to the Yankees soon. Tyler Klippard was also very nice in person as well.

Sherry

Come back anytime.

Stepping Out
05-22-2007, 10:47 PM
My DH and I are fans of the Jacksonville Suns. They're a AA franchise of the LA Dodgers. They're not doing that well this year :( , but in the past we've been able to see some great games. Gabe Kepler and Dave Roberts came up through the Suns and ended up on the 2004 Red Sox (my favorite team ;) ). Randy Johnson also started his baseball career with the Suns. Several years ago, we saw John Smoltz make a rehab start for the Greenville Braves, and my son got his autograph :D . But the most memorable time was when we got to see one of the greatest ballplayers of all time. He was playing for the Birmingham Barons..unfortunately, he wasn't a great BASEBALL player! His name...Michael Jordan! :)

EZMONEY
05-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Hey JOANNE did I mention before that Dave Roberts grew up here and went to our local high school? Was (I guess he still is a good friend of a friend of mine's son) Wish he was still a DODGER and not a giant!

Clydegirl
05-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Well we got a win last night at Busch Stadium :carrot: Let's hope it continues. Kip Wells tonight he needs a win.

suzie76
05-23-2007, 06:32 PM
If there are any Yankees fans here:

The coverage of Roger Clemens pitching at Trenton Thunder tonight is on ESPN 2 starting at seven pm.

Comcast will be broadcasting live with their show Out of Bounds from 7-8 and 11-12 am.

The entire game is live on espn360.com

My husband and son Mathew are at the game.

Matthew just called, and said he got Roger Clemens' autograph! He stopped and signed for a few people a little while ago. Matthew's really excited-he's been lucky at Waterfront Park in Trenton. Last summer he got Gene Michael and Carl Pavano's autograph, and he met and got Sparky Lyle's autograph at a Somerset Patriots game last summer :D

Sherry

Clydegirl
05-23-2007, 11:35 PM
:carrot: 2 wins in a row :carrot: and 3 home runs :carrot: :carrot:

EZMONEY
05-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey CARDINAL~BABES how 'bout that! 3 in a row for you!

My DODGERS are off tonight after a win yesterday.

I won't be seeing too much baseball for a few days....

my daughter gets married on Saturday...rehersal dinner and stuff tomorrow, wedding and reception Saturday, Sunday come back home and start the BBQ for all the family out for the wedding. A little shuffleboard and bocce ball and a lot of fun.

Enjoy your MEMORIAL DAY WEEK~END

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

Clydegirl
05-24-2007, 10:57 PM
3 wins in a row good to see.

Gary enjoy the wedding. Will you be in a tux? I'm sure it wil be a wonderful day. It will be nice to have all the family there on such a happy occasion. Maybe you can post a pic. :congrat:

crazynette826
05-25-2007, 01:32 AM
My team has a streak of 2 wins going!!! Yay!!! Oh, well enough about them.

Gary have fun at the wedding! Enjoy it! It's fun to get all the family together for such a happy event! Definitely want to see pics!

Everyone else have a great weekend!

ennay
05-26-2007, 09:08 AM
ahhhh nothing like a visit to your old team to turn a former headcase back in to one---sorry royalsfan

"tight back" my ***, every time meche has a melt down he squawks injured

have fun at the wedding gary!

crazynette826
05-28-2007, 01:28 AM
So my Rockies are finally learning how to play!!! 5 game win streak!!!! It doesn't happen very often for us, so it's really exciting!!! Hopefully they can keep it together and keep winning! It'd be nice to get back to .500, but who knows. Next up, the cardinals, so I'll be thinking about all of you. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!

Clydegirl
05-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Crazynette 4 games against the Rockies :cheer2: I hope they can get at least 2 wins. Are you going to any of the games?

Reyes has been sent back to Memphis. He's not been pitching well.

EZMONEY
05-28-2007, 10:50 PM
3 wins in a row good to see.

Gary enjoy the wedding. Will you be in a tux? I'm sure it wil be a wonderful day. It will be nice to have all the family there on such a happy occasion. Maybe you can post a pic. :congrat:

I was in a tux ~ it was wonderful ~ I will post pics as soon as I figure out how!

My team has a streak of 2 wins going!!! Yay!!! Oh, well enough about them.

Gary have fun at the wedding! Enjoy it! It's fun to get all the family together for such a happy event! Definitely want to see pics!

Everyone else have a great weekend!

It was and NOW 6 in a row for you ~ WOO-WOO!

ahhhh nothing like a visit to your old team to turn a former headcase back in to one---sorry royalsfan

"tight back" my ***, every time meche has a melt down he squawks injured

have fun at the wedding gary!

Thank-you! I did!

Crazynette 4 games against the Rockies :cheer2: I hope they can get at least 2 wins. Are you going to any of the games?

Reyes has been sent back to Memphis. He's not been pitching well.

Sorry CARDINAL~BABES and ROYALS fans for your losses today...at least my DODGERS didn't play!

I will catch up with all of you later!!

newFannie07
05-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Ok, crazynette, 2/4!! Grrrrr...But what can I expect from the Cards when the dang Cubs are ahead of them!!!

crazynette826
05-31-2007, 01:30 AM
So our streak ends at 7, but still for us that's awesome!!! It was a good run, but the Cards definitely played better than us tonight. It would have been nice if their bats had decided to not show up for a couple more games, and get our streak to 9, but oh well!! Here's to a good game tomorrow!

Clydegirl
05-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Good to see a win last night. When the big 3 are playing well the whole team follows.

:( sad news about Yadi he's ome of the best catchers. The Cards have some bad luck with injuries this year.

One more win tonight :)

EZMONEY
05-31-2007, 01:37 PM
My DODGERS have had a couple of easy wins against the Nationals, one more tonight would be awesome :)

I have a question for you all....As Barry Bonds approaches Hank Aaron's record of 755....and he will break it very soon....how do you feel about it?

EZMONEY
06-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Good morning gals ~ well my DODGERS won last night against the Pirates. Russell Martin hit a game winning home run...that kid is awesome! Another in a line of good DODGER catchers.

Where are my CARDINAL BABES? You have 3 straight..good for you!

:crazy: NETTE...:( 3 straight the other way for you.

TRICIA a big win for you yesterday from an old USC boy! Our favorite college around my house.

JOANNE Your boys let those darn yankees out of the cellar :snooty:

ENNAY ~ If you saw yesterdays M's play, you saw my son's friend from high school pitch an inning for Texas ~ Wes Littleton

Enjoy the games this week-end gals ~ can you believe we are about a third of the way done with the reglar season? Going fast.....

EZMONEY
06-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Anyone else watching any of the college softball or college baseball world series games? We have so much fun every year following the kids during the tournament games. Angie and I watched Washington and Northwestern last night. Quite a few local colleges (San Diego ~ L.A. and Riverside) in the baseball series right now, giving our family plenty to root for.

Clydegirl
06-02-2007, 01:27 PM
:carrot: Great 9th inning last night :carrot:

Sadly though too many injuries. Eckstein, Rolen, Duncan and Molina.

Stepping Out
06-02-2007, 04:41 PM
..but I have to forgive my Sox ;) ..they're still 12 1/2 up and 10 up over all :D

Clydegirl: I'm sorry about all the injuries to your Cards. They're a great team..they'll come back. :)

Crazynette: Congrats on the 7 game streak! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Gary: Glad to hear your Dodgers are back on a winning streak. Unfortunately, their farm team (Jax Suns) ain't doin' too great. :(

As for Barry Bonds :p breaking Hank Aaron's record; they'll have to put an * after the number with the footnote..STEROID ABUSER :mad: If he makes it to the Hall of Fame, they'll have to let Pete Rose in :p

Clydegirl
06-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Grrr Kip Wells. Maybe they should send him back to wherever he came from.

On a lighter note did anyone see the meltdown by a minor league manager. He tore up 3rd base, made the strike zone larger, tried to blow up the pitchers mound and then made motions to throw out the umpire. They've been showing it on our local news. Too funny.

ennay
06-03-2007, 12:42 AM
barry - been hoping for a career ending knee injury. Where is Tonya Harding when you need her.

Cool about Littleton, I remember the name but dont recall it.

Freakin bull pen meltdown in progress. loaded the bases with only 1 hit, then hit a batter to walk in a run and then walked in 2 more. Sheesh.

Patty3
06-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Yankees are really beginning to make me sad/nervous...they are so far behind, making terrible errors (yes even the captain) and just don't look like it.

Perhaps I have just be spoilt over the last gazillion years :(

EZMONEY
06-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks for joining us Patty ~ not too many here "feel your pain" ;)

My DODGERS have really been facing some good pitching :no: or have forgotten what the bat is used for :chin:

Anyway...a 3 way tie for US to start the day.

A lot of college baseball and softball on TV today...think I'lll take in a few. Angie and I watched quite a bit yesterday...even threw 2 un-seen DVR'D Ugly Betty's in between innings!

Enjoy your day!

EZMONEY
06-03-2007, 12:01 PM
CLYDEGIRL I did see the Braves minor league manager getting thrown out on ESPN and then U-Tube. It is quite funny...but on the other hand I'm thinking his "career" will ALWAYS be in the minors! I wouldn't be surprised to see big fines or demotions from the Braves organization on that one either!

Clydegirl
06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Gary I don't think he will have a job in baseball now. Mind, you never know.

Clydegirl
06-04-2007, 10:30 AM
You have to love Albert Pujols. He was in great form yesterday. He can always silence the Houston crowd.

newFannie07
06-04-2007, 08:12 PM
You have to love Albert Pujols. He was in great form yesterday. He can always silence the Houston crowd.

Especially after that spectacular 9th inning couple of nights ago when they decided to walk him. Did you see him grinning at that? Rest of the team is not too shabby, huh! Showed them.;)

On the Bonds issue - I wish everyone in MLB would just walk him the rest of the season so he can't hit the record. What a crock. Can't stand him. I know that he must have some talent, it's just been "enhanced." But still. Ticks me off.

newFannie07
06-04-2007, 08:22 PM
OK......just got back from YouTube to watch the meltdown. OMG! What a nut! Over a bad strike/ball call in the 3rd inning when they were only down by 2 runs? This guy obviously didn't take his happy pills that day.

But it was tooooo funny especially when he crawled towards the pitcher's mound. That's when I knew he was gone

EZMONEY
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM

I just wish :genie: he was a DODGER!

On the Bonds issue - I wish everyone in MLB would just walk him the rest of the season so he can't hit the record. What a crock. Can't stand him. I know that he must have some talent, it's just been "enhanced." But still. Ticks me off.

As much as I can't stand him for #1 ~ being a giant ~ #2 ~ being arrogant ~ #3 ~ Not admitting the obvious ~ #4 ~ his BIG head :lol: .....

I do think he was "almost" a Hall of Famer before the steroid issue! Me thinks years from now he will really regret not admitting the obvious and getting it over with...he says he doesn't really care about what anyone thinks but...pretty sure that isn't true either!

Clydegirl
06-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Cards playing well at the minute. One more tonight against the Reds and then it's the Angels.

Gary Bennett was hit on the back of the head the other night and they had to bring in a new catcher , Stinnette from the Dodgers. That was his first day as a Cardinal and he's played 2 games so far.

EZMONEY
06-07-2007, 07:35 PM
My DODGERS have managed to stink up the joint the last two nights against the Padres and fallen out of first. Maybe they will get a win tonight. My daughter and her new :p husband :p are going to the game.

Angie and I watched the Tennessee vs Arizona Softball World Series the last three nights...way cool!

crazynette826
06-08-2007, 09:51 PM
So the Rockies have been up, and down, mostly down unfortunately, but some of their bats are starting to wake up again. So hopefully we can put another string of wins together. Gary, it would be nice if you could ask your team to lose a few, (and the other two teams) so we can gain a little ground!!! ;) On a good note, we weren't last in the division this morning!!

That minor league meltdown was hilarious. I've watched it a few times and it still cracks me up. The rosin "grenade" was definately my favorite part. All week at work we've been finding reasons to throw "grenades" at each other. It's been great. It was a little over the top for baseball, and a little embarrassing to have a grown man acting like that, but still I find it funny!! :rofl:

As far as the Barry Bonds thing, I agree with you Gary. I don't like him, but I do think that he was a great player before the "enhancement." However, records are meant to be broken, and it's going to happen like it or not. So I figure I might as well just go with it, and witness history.

EZMONEY
06-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Boy my GUYS have had a tough few days here...swept by those pesky Padres, my :p son in laws :p team...especially since they were up 5-1 in the bottom of the ninth...but LOST! :mad: and my daughtesr and :p son in law :p were there...so I know he was soooo gloating..:( My daughter called me yesterday and said "Daddy, I almost called you...I felt so bad for you...but it was 10:00 and I knew you might be in bed". I told her that I was...I had told Angie that they were up 5-0 in the 8th and if they lost (LIKE I REALLY :nono: THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN) I didn't want to see it and since I had to get up at 4am...I went to bed...only to be awaken by my son's call..."Dad, what happened?" I told him I don't know what you are talking about..."the game Dad"...I dunno...I went to bed 5-0..."Dad, we LOST 6-5!".....didn't sleep well...:mad: Of course what made it worse was his best friend/best man and a Padre fan too, here from Colorado for a few days, was in the background yellin' "That's right Gary!" ahhh...

And to think I will be in Colorado later this month and have already promised him and my son's other best friend there that Angie and I will take them out for dinner and drinks while we are there for a wedding...wish I hadn't made that promise ;) ....just kidding....they are good kids! even if they do like these San Diego teams!!

Going to watch the college world series games this week-end...pulling for Cal-State Fullerton and UC Irvine to keep advancing.

:crazy: NETTE ~ Hey kiddo..just keep slammin' those giants into the cellar!

RED SOX GALS ~ Josh Beckett...'nuff said!

CARDINAL GALS ~ Hope Percival works out for you...he was big for my ANGELS...that was sure a big 7th inning for my guys yesterday...sorry...:^: ..nah! ;)

ENNAY ~ I hope your guys keep spanking those pesky Padres!

ENJOY your games this week-end gals!

Clydegirl
06-09-2007, 03:43 PM
I was hopeful that they were going to win last night then it all fell apart.

Boy those angels are good :(

EZMONEY
06-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Could somebody plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help my guys score some runs :^:

ennay
06-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Wow--2 come from behind victories in a row. Glad we could help you out Gary.

And Weaver didnt lose. he pitched 4 innings :p

EZMONEY
06-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Forgot to thank-you ENNAY for those 2 BIG wins! Much needed here!

off to church........

newFannie07
06-10-2007, 06:56 PM
WTG Pujols!! Yea!!! :cp: Sorry Gary, but your Angels did win 2/3!

newFannie07
06-10-2007, 11:08 PM
WooHoo!! D-Backs are now tied for 1st place. That hasn't happened in a loooonnnggg time.