Mini-Goals - I have 1 lb left to lose...

View Full Version : I have 1 lb left to lose...

Libby1972
03-18-2007, 07:55 AM
1 lb left until I am at maintanence. Mel, Meg, I NEED YOU!!!!

:o :D :?:

walking2lose
03-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Good morning and GREAT JOB!!!! I just watched your slide show, and your success is so impressive! Congrats!

beautifulone
03-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Libby that's fantastic! Congratulations and way to go!!! :carrot:

Kathieaz
03-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Libby what how many calories do you average each day? I am a 5'5 and weigh 150 my goal is 125. I haven't started an exercise program yet. I want to get my eating in control then move on to exercise. You are such motivation!!!:)

MsOnemoretime
03-18-2007, 11:26 AM
What an awesome inspiration you are to those of us just starting out. Congratulations, you know that the one pound is going to drop. The things that you did to get you to this point are the things that will keep you there. I followed several of your links and hope to use them in my journey. I hope you keep posting after the one pound to encourage the rest of us.

Libby1972
03-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Libby what how many calories do you average each day? I am a 5'5 and weigh 150 my goal is 125. I haven't started an exercise program yet. I want to get my eating in control then move on to exercise. You are such motivation!!!:)

When I first started I averaged between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. About 4 months ago I moved to 1400 - 1650 calories a day and I've been averaging that amount ever since. I make sure I have a deficit of at least 500 calories a day between calories and exercise. I need to eventually increase my calories to just over 2000 a day once I'm in maintenance. And frankly, it scares me. But I'm sure I'll do ok. I'm so used to weight loss mode, that it's become my comfort zone. But like the original challenge, I will have to master this one as well.

I did this for almost 3 months in the beginning without a fitness routine. I did get some results, but it was amazing how much faster it all fell into place once I incorporated cardio and strength training. Strength training is as important if not more so than cardio. Reason being, building lean muscle allows our bodies to burn fat 50 times faster than with just cardio alone. And it allows us to burn calories even when we are NOT doing cardio. Throughout our day. Believe it. I am proof. I lost 9 1/2 inches after the first 2 weeks I started strength training and have lost 64 inches of fat to date. That's more inches than I have in height.

Getting your eating in control is important, but looking back, the reason for me not starting a fitness regime immediately, was fear. And in retrospect, I should have dug right in. Who knows where I'd be right now if I had that 3 month head start? Fitness needs to be part of all of our routines. Not just during weight loss. This whole experience has taught me that eating well, as healthy as possible and moving as much as I can, will keep me healthy, drastically cut my risk of horrible diseases and possibly allow me to change my family history for my children.

Even if you just walk 30 mins a day and do some work with a resistance band 3 times a week, it would benefit you so much in the long run. Besides, you don't have to eat as few calories with exercise as you would without it to lose weight. So it's a win win! :) You can eat more with exercise...YAY!!

Best of luck to you and I'm honored to be a motivation to you.

cajungal328
03-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Go! Go! Go!!!! :cheer:

Kathieaz
03-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Thank you so much for your reply. It was very sweet to take so much time and detail. :thanks:

Rosario
03-20-2007, 10:09 AM
I just saw your pics...you look amazing! Congratulations!

ninepaw
03-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Wow! Oh, how amazing it must feel to know there's only ONE pound let to go! I've watched your slideshow a couple of times and I think it is an amazing transformation. I'm rooting for you to lose that last pound! You deserve the satisfaction of reaching your goal!!!

Libby1972
03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow! Oh, how amazing it must feel to know there's only ONE pound let to go! I've watched your slideshow a couple of times and I think it is an amazing transformation. I'm rooting for you to lose that last pound! You deserve the satisfaction of reaching your goal!!!

Ninepaw, you are so sweet! Congrats on your recent weight loss as well. EVERY bit helps, believe me! :) Thanks for the kudos.

Leenie
03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Thats awesome :bravo:

teahoney
03-23-2007, 08:31 PM
WOW. You look fantastic.

carols2
03-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Hello Everyone,

Libby, you are an inspiration. How did you stay in the right frame of mind. I just completed week 1 and down 3 lbs. I hope my scale is correct. I just hope i can keep it up. It is now 10:14pm and I am so hungry. I am so scared to eat anything. I might start binging.

Someone please tell me how do you get the thing on the weight tracker to move. I want to show my little 3 lbs lost.

Dragonfly7
03-24-2007, 10:15 AM
You look fantastic in your slide show great job!

Libby1972
03-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

Libby, you are an inspiration. How did you stay in the right frame of mind. I just completed week 1 and down 3 lbs. I hope my scale is correct. I just hope i can keep it up. It is now 10:14pm and I am so hungry. I am so scared to eat anything. I might start binging.

Someone please tell me how do you get the thing on the weight tracker to move. I want to show my little 3 lbs lost.

Thank you Carols!

If you want click on my myspace page below and go to my blog area on there and read "My Story". It will tell you everything. Also, I posted a long story of my progress on my 1 year anniversary back in October. That link is here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95678).

Most of my get up and go came from the fact that I felt amazing, my energy was virtually boundless and I knew that I was helping to fight the diabetes, heart disease and obesity that runs in my family. Prayer and my faith in God play a huge role in my success. Without that wisdom, I would be no further along than I was when I used to "d-d-d-diet".

My question to you is when you were hungry at 10:14 PM, what did you eat the rest of the day to sustain you. On a scale of 1 to 10 what was your actual hunger. 1 being weak and shaky and 10 being full like after Thanksgiving. If you felt like a 5 or above, that is the feeling your body has when fat burning is taking place. If you are eating at least 1200 calories a day and not exceeding say 1600 in a full day with 3 meals and 2 snacks and drinking your water like you should be, you should be fine. Also, you need to be eating plenty of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, 2-3 servings of low fat dairy and 6 oz of good protein. Lean meats, fish, beans, nuts, etc... If you are incorporating all of those things into your eating plan, you can't go wrong. Fiber allows you to eat less and be satisfied. I eat between 35 and 45 grams of fiber a day. Make sure you are getting everything your body needs .

Thanks again for your kind words.

carols2
03-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Hi Libby and all of you,

Libby, your story is amazing. I want to print it and put a copy in my purse, my office, and the kitchen. That way, I can always have that motivation with me if I get the feeling to BINGE. The binging has always been my major problem. I think I was hungry because I just didn't get enough food during the day. The scale dsays that I have lost like 7lbs now in one week. That is way to much weight loss in such a short period of time. Some of it may be water weight. I can't weight until the next 7 days to past so I can lose some more. My next challenge, I have to figure out what I need to eat in order to get some energy. I take a truck load of supplements.

Libby, thank you so much for all of your support.

Oh yeah, How do i get the tracker to move down the weighl loss tracker.

Libby1972
03-24-2007, 09:33 PM
My next challenge, I have to figure out what I need to eat in order to get some energy. I take a truck load of supplements.

Libby, thank you so much for all of your support.

Oh yeah, How do i get the tracker to move down the weighl loss tracker.

Ok..for energy, protein, whole grains and fruit. For instance, some triscuits a mozzarella cheese stick and a small apple or 15 grapes. Or a mini box of raisins, 1/2 oz of walnuts or almonds and some whole wheat pita chips. Whole grain toast with peanut butter and half a banana. There are 3 of my favorites for high energy, nutritious snacks. I take a truck load of supplements too. Omega 3,6&9 along with extra calcium, a great multi and I have to take 500 mg of Niacin a day to combat my low HDL.

You need to edit your signature to get your tracker to move. Just change the number in the middle to your new weight.

carols2
03-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi Libby,

You are so wonderful. Thanks for all of your help. I am going to the store to get some mozerella sticks, pita chips, and low fat peanut butter. I have the other items hear. Peanut butter used to get me in trouble, so I stopped buying it. I would binge on peanut butter sandwichesor maybe the peanut butter alone. I would eat three sandwiches easy. I am such a bad girl. I am determined to change my eating to a healthier lifestyle. Therefore, I will only eat 2 slices of 40 calorie whole grain bread with about 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter.