Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 08:46 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Thumbs down Fabulous Forties #87

I'm copying Es's message from Sunday morning to begin this new thread:

Hi Buds

Well, Sunday is here Back to work tomorrow Next week will be a short week cause we're off Monday, Veterans Day. I'm looking forward to that.

Terri, I forgot about Brandon's team. Bare with me, I've been forgetful lately. I'm only 47 imagine what I'll be like 10 yrs. from now SCARY!! If they win that will be really cool going to North Carolina. Tell him he's has a fan here in Long Island whose cheering him on

Jen, glad to here you found something. Sometimes I go out to buy clothes & come back with nothing and that's after trying on 50 outfits!

I weighed myself yesterday & I'm still at 175!!! I really have to start journaling again. Sometimes I feel like going back to the meetings but the only leaders I like work Sundays only, 2 different centers. Sunday we go to church. I really don't care for the others.

I'll back back later on.

Enjoy this beautiful fall day.

Love,
Es
Old 11-04-2001, 08:57 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

What beautiful weather we've had here this week; yesterday was sunny and in the upper 60's...definitely not November-like weather here in Chicago!

We had a great evening last night downtown. Judging by how many others were out enjoying themselves, it's apparent that the terrorists didn't accomplish what they wanted. No staying at home and hiding for Americans! Downtown Chicago is awesome. In spite of having lived here all my life, it thrills me each time I go.

Joe is off this week...yessss!!! With the exception of one job he has to do tomorrow afternoon (he has his own corporation in addition to being employed full-time) and couldn't reschedule, we have the whole week to play

Just wanted to say hi. I'll be back later, want to get some things done before the boys arrive for a visit and dinner

have a wonderful Sunday!
~Jen
Old 11-04-2001, 11:11 AM   #3  

Unhappy

Good mornin' women:

Well, Janie, you got your wish -- the diamond backs won on Saturday with Randi Johnson pitching. OMG what a slaughter that game was -- the diamond backs were amazing, I must say. For all intents and purposes that game was over by the bottom of the third inning! BUTTTTTTTTTTTT, tonight will be a different matter all together. We will have Clemons and El Duke and probably Mariano Rivera at the end -- WE WILL WIN!!! (please, God, please, God)

Zoe, sorry to hear you've lost your week's vacation again, but hope you have a good time this weekend and get a HUGE raise to "kiss and make it better"

Terri - congrats to the family on your ww - great job and I think Brandon has a really positive attitude about the whole thing - saying he'll lose 2 lbs next week, too cute! Good luck to him and his team!

Jen - Sounds like you guys had a great time in "the city" last night. I would love to visit the windy city some day to see the differences and similarities between Chicago and New York. I'll bet they're alot alike. Have a great time off with Joe this week!

Es - my sister/girlfriend Don't be discouraged - just take one day at a time. We are bound to go on again/off again with this ww ritual. As I always "life gets in the way", you just have to deal with it and get back up and have another "fresh start" -- does'nt matter how many "fresh starts" we have as long as we continue to have them. The alternative to a fresh start is to give up We don't want that, for sure. We can do it!

Hi Red, Janie, Joyce and Myra - hope you're having a good day.

Willie and I took two of our grandchildren (the older ones) to the movies yesterday since their mom had to take their little sisters to a 5 year old's birthday party. Well, Michael and Lianne are 13 and 11 and they were not thrilled with the prospect of hanging out with 5 year olds So we picked them up and went to see K-PAX. It was good, but I thought it would be more of a comedy, it was more serious. But they said they enjoyed it and willie and I did. It was fun being with them.

Tonight Willie and I are going into the City. Justin is playing at a place called "SMOKE" (sure hope they don't, smoke that is ). I haven't seen Justin in two weeks so I'm looking forward to tonight. Well, better get my butt in gear and do some things around the house I didn't do cause of yesterday's outing. Sheesh, there's always something to do, isn't there?

Have a great day, everyone and say a prayer of our yanks!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-04-2001, 05:00 PM   #4  

Diane & Essie, I can't believe that game last night. I wanted Randy Johnson to get the win but I did want him to have to work for it. The Yankees just gave up. I was so depressed that I raided Ellen's Halloween candy not once, not twice, but 3 times last night. I am also just before my TOM when the chocolate craving is at it's highest. Oh well Tonight is a whole new ball game.

Terri, I am going to congratulate you even though I don't know exactly what for. I didn't seem to get any of the messages from Sat. I know that you and your family must have lost quite a bit though, because you always do.

Zoe, I am sorry that your vacation has been spoiled again. If it makes you feel any better I am working today (Sunday) because I have a tight deadline this week.

Jen, I am glad you enjoyed your night in the city. I know I always enjoy when I get to go into SF.

Hi to Myra, Joyce, Red and anyone else I may have missed.

GO Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JanieD
Livermore, CA
Old 11-04-2001, 07:18 PM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I've been working today too, but often I work seven days a week. The life of a freelancer.
Old 11-05-2001, 12:47 PM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

My apologies to Terri....this is her post from the previous thread:

At least it isn't a gain. Just think if it were higher than 175. It could be you know. Keeping it down is half of the battle. You will get it off. Journaling is VERY IMPORTANT. I am obssesed with it.

We are going to North Carolina on Nov. 17. We are staying Friday night and Saturday night.
I guess the kids will have to miss school on that Friday. I don't know how I'll break it to them.

Go Yanks, Go Bears and go Steelers!!!!

Have a great Sunday guys!
Terri
Old 11-05-2001, 12:51 PM   #7  

Wait til next year!!! Ok, Now We can all get back to our lives. I can actually get some chores done in the evenings again, and I can get back OP. Of course I was disappointed , but Ellen was in tears . It was difficult explaining to her that it is only a game.

Have a happy Monday (if possible)

-JanieD
Old 11-05-2001, 01:07 PM   #8  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Wow....what a day yesterday was......sorry about the Yankees, it would have been great to see them win it again.

On the other hand, I'm doing the happy dance now....my BEARS pulled it off again yesterday, just in the nick of time! 28 seconds to go, they're losing by 14 points, and end up winning!!

Es, hang in there. We can't give up on this. Check out the journal that Myra and Terri have been keeping......what a great incentive for us, right?

Dianne, hope you had a good time hearing Justin play.....I must have missed it, what kind of group is he in? I love live music, just about any type. It must be fun to know someone in the band!

Janie, raiding the candy 3 times isn't as bad as it could have been. Those monthly chocolate cravings are deadly, glad you didn't do worse.

Terri, it'll be fun to get away with the family, won't it? Gee, hope the kids aren't toooo upset about missing a day of school

Myra, Joyce, Zoe......how are you?

I'm supposed to be hitting the books while Joe's working right now, but I'm having a difficult time concentrating today. Lots of homework to do for this class, in which, by the way, I've currently got an A going! I tend to choke up when taking tests, however, so am doing all I can to convince the instructor to have our final be an open book exam. I think he's beginning to wear down

later!
~Jen
Old 11-05-2001, 06:41 PM   #9  

My Steelers lost in the last seconds.
Yeah for the Bears!!!!!! You beat those BROWNS!!!!!!!
They are our Number 1 RIVALS!!!!

So sorry about the Yankees. I was so hoping they could hold them in that yucky 9th inning.

Thanks everyone for our congrats on weighing and Brandon's team. We are excited. We are making plans right now.
Never have done this before with a team.

I had to briefly look at the posts. I will read closer tonight and will address anything I didn't see this time.

Have a great Monday night.
Terri
Old 11-06-2001, 12:52 PM   #10  

HI loosers
I've sort of been at a plateau for the past month and am hoping that I can break through this week. Find out tomorrow when I WI. It gets so frustrating, but I must say I realy had a hard time staying OP with all the baseball stuff.

Jen, Thanks for the vote of confidence I suppose 3 times is not as bad as it could have been. Last night, like Terri, I did it right. I had a piece of Halloween candy but it was within my points so no guilt!

GOt to get back to work now. HI to everyone.

-Janie
Old 11-06-2001, 01:28 PM   #11  

Hello to you all
I was out of the office, last week at workshops so I got really behind on everythng, including this forum! It took me more than .5 hr to find the last thread I posted and read forward so I could caught up. I guess these new threads does work if you check them every day or two.
Enough complaining. I'm doing WW for the first time and after 6 weeks of steadily losing, I gained. It was only .6 lbs so I'm not too disappointed. I just it isn't a downward spiral. I'm blaming the Halloween treats. That is very tempting for me. My children (6 & 8) now have these huge bags of candy around the house, I find that hard to deal with.

Take care all.
Old 11-06-2001, 03:02 PM   #12  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Brouphy,

Don't get bummed. A half a pound is nothing. It could be water retention. You will lose it again plus some next week.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:17 PM   #13  

Angry

Hello

Welcome back Bouphy You had a small gain which I'm sure you'll lose by next week. Halloween set us all back alittle. We have to be strong the next couple of months, with all the holidays. We will be here for eachother

JanieD, I feel like I've been on a plateau for the past year It's my fault. I don't try hard enough but I won't give up no matter what.

Hi Myra, Terri, Jen, Dianne, Zoe, Joyce & Red.

Till tomorrow.

Love,
Es
Old 11-06-2001, 08:05 PM   #14  

Wink

Hello my buds

Terri - Sorry about the Steelers - bummer!

Jen - congrats on the Bears win - And you go girl, an A in class - wow, that's really something to be proud of!

Es- yes, the next couple of months with the holidays will not be pretty but, we'll get through it.

Welcome back bouphy - don't worry about that 1/2 lb. you'll get that off in no time.

Hi Zoe, Myra, joyce and Janie - did I miss anyone (I'm always missing someone

Well, the nicest thing I can say about the yankees losing is that it was just someone else's turn. And the DB's did play their butts off, gotta give them credit. Next year!!!!!!!!

Well, I've been working my butt off at work - Good God, it's soooooooooo busy. Something funny happened today. My boss had a meeting and I had coffee and danish set up for them. Well, a few mins. after the meeting started, my boss comes out all in a panic and says "something's wrong with the coffee pot - we may have to have them bring up another one". So, I go check out the coffee pot and there's all these "scholars" standing around looking at the darn coffee pot and shaking their heads. So, I go over to the pot, turn the little "Open/Close" button and push down on the "push button", look them all dead in the eyes and start pumping out a cup of coffee Now, you must remember these are professor/engineers/scholars, etc. but they couldn't get a cup of coffee! They said how did ya do that? And I couldn't resist............ I said "I am woman, hear me roar" and walked out cool as you please Holy moly, scary isn't it?

Well, I've gotta go take a shower and get ready for tomorrow which I know is gonna be just as bad as today.........can't wait til Thursday, my boss goes to another campus so he can't bug me as much.

I hope you guys are all doing well. I'll talk to yous soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 11-06-2001, 11:36 PM   #15  

Too funny Dianne! My husband liked that. He's an Engineer!
You go girl!!!!

Welcome back Bouphy. Half pound is nothing for a week like this one. HALLOWEEN. You will get that off easy.

JanieD,
You will break that plateau. Patience is the key. Hang in there with us.

Jen,
I still can't believe the way the Bears beat Cleveland. It was the craziest thing I ever saw. It was so COOL! 2 touchdowns in mere seconds at the end of the game. WOW!!!!!That kept the Steelers in First by themselves. If Cleveland would have won then they would be tied with the Steelers for first and then they play each other next week in Cleveland. AAAAAHHHH!
I wonder what the people that left the Chicago field before it was over and were walking toward their cars thinking they would lose thought when they heard the crowd go nuts ??????
I would have wanted to throw myself in front of a car.

Hi Es, Zoe, Joyce and Myra

Terri
Closed Thread