General chatter - Do you have a nickname, what is it and why?

shelby897
03-17-2007, 08:38 PM
I have so much work to do but just don't feel like doing it, so here I am creating another mindless thread :D

Ilene
03-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Shelby you didn't tell us your nickname :lol:

Would you believe that I have NO nickname at all, never did either, how boring am I?.... Well unless you think "Ilene the bean" is one :lol: but my g/f calls me that only when she first sees me, if she hasn't seen me in a while, and that's the only time she mentions it...

Neko
03-17-2007, 09:59 PM
My name is Nicole and people call me Nikki. Fascinating nickname, ain't it.

However, for some reason the guys at work call my husband (John) Deacon... :?:

brandnewme
03-17-2007, 10:03 PM
My name is Rebecca so I have the standard Becca/Becky nicknames. My cousin used to call me Joey (because my middle name is Jo), my older nephews say my name in pig latin, and then my niece calls me Bec (which started out as Buck, when she was first learning to talk). I also had the lovely nickname 'shorty' in school, because I'm vertically challenged :P

shelby897
03-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Okay, to completely confuse -- Shelby is actually the name of a cat I had, but I use it for my screen name all the time. Real name is Susan -- Sue for short, so when I was a nanny the kids called me "Sue Who". Pretty boring too!!

flitter
03-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Um, these ain't impressive so far. Haaaaa! Just kidding! :)

Nikko, I did laugh at the John/Deacon thing...very strange.

Ok, a few of my nicknames are Piggy, Pigcini, Sow...do you see a pattern? It all started bc I was comparing my pinkish arm next to my friend's yellow-toned arm. I said she looked like chicken and I looked like pork. So I became the other white meat. I often get answering machine messages that start off, "Hi Piggy!" And for some reason my mom thought I was collecting pigs/pig-related items (which I wasn't) and started telling everyone in my family that I was, so now I guess I am by default, bc everyone buys me pig paraphernalia!!!! :ink:

EZMONEY
03-18-2007, 12:29 AM
SIMPLE:

I was born a preemie...brother died at birth

I am GERALD ~ GARY

he was JERALD ~ JERRY

I have been called: Daddy long legs (height of course) jr. high thing ~ SLICK ~ and GM (my initials) and EZMONEY because I am good at my job...but...

most everyone calls me GARY

CiaoGirl
03-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, my husband calls me Dew... I'd like to think it has something poetic to do with the lovely morning dew that blah, blah, blah... but I know it's because I'm really a Mountain Dew sucker...lol.
I am not very graceful, so I used to be called Grace, and along the same note, a friend of mine used to call me Gumby. The reason being, I was a tend to run into walls, fall down the stairs and things like that (though luckily not too often), bounce off things and just keep going like nothing happened. LOL, I guess I just learned to adjust...heheheh
Take care,
Ciao

lizziness
03-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Lizziness is one of them, and any form of Elizabeth really .. including Lizard which stuck with me so much I got a lizard tattoo. Lizziness came about when I asked my hubby what he loved about me and he said it was my general Lizzie-ness. Cute. :)
I have had other names in the past, but that is where they shall stay, thank you very much. :)

rockinrobin
03-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Lizziness, I have a friend Elizabeth, she has a few nicknamesm just like you - Lizzy and Lizard. I like how your Lizziness came about.

One nickname that stands out is Pickle, when I was growing up, like before til I was about 10 or so, I was as skinny as a pickle, skinnier in fact. Mindboggling, ain't it?

Doughnut
03-18-2007, 08:29 AM
My nickname is Dee. Not giving my real name out over the web but it doesn't even begin with that letter. When I was about 4 I learnt the word "delicious" and wandered around telling everyone who would listen to me that I was delicious. I said it so often that it stuck and I ended up being called Dee.

aphil
03-18-2007, 08:39 AM
My husband calls me Ames Jo. (prounounced Amos-my first name is Amy.)

He "picks" at me all the time, and years ago, there was a department store called Ames (pronounced AIMS) and he pronounced it AMOS instead-and I corrected him, and he kept mispronouncing it to drive me insane. Then he started calling ME the mispronunciation. The "Jo" came, because Amy was a very popular name in our age bracket-and almost every Amy in her thirties has either Jo or Lynn as their middle name. (For some reason, my parent's generation thought that Jo, Lynn, and Ann were the only female middle names available. :rofl: )

So...people always assumed that my middle name was Jo, even though it isn't. DH eventually added that on to the Ames mispronunciation, and I have been called that by him for about 8 years.

He also calls me "Swee" instead of sweetie, or sweetheart. I DO like that one. :D

My third nickname is my stage name-Ambriehl Saroj. Ambriehl was part of an anagram of my full birth name, and Saroj is a word from India meaning lotus.

Elerine
03-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Well...thanks to a creditable effort on the booze at my Year 12 (senior year?) Formal (prom?) after-party...I became "Tipsy Pickle"

I think I was trying to explain that I wasn't tipsy, merely 'pickled'. Then I had grand visions of intoxicated pickles...then I decided I was one. "I'm a tipsy pickle!!!!!!"

*sigh* *shakes head* :D

Kylie

Gamerchick
03-18-2007, 07:11 PM
My friends at school and boyfriend call me Rin. It's way back from when I was 12-13 years old. I used to like the character from Final Fantasy 8 named Rinoa, and it was my screen name. So people called me Rin. And sometimes Rinny. I think it's cute.

My grandma calls me Possum, I don't know why.

And my dad used to call me Worm Meat when I was little.

Manny is used a lot, too. And so is Manda.

Kamily828
03-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Most of my family calls me Sis or Nee Nee. When I was in school my nickname was Neeter Skeeter.

And for some strange reason my mom always called me FloosyMoosy. :dizzy:

FrouFrou
03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
I can't tell ya mine. No one but my dad calls me this and it's kind of embarrassing to be called that being the age I am, lol. I'm assuming he called me the name because I was little :dunno: Or at least I am hoping, lol. Other than that I go by my full name but sometimes family calls me Tina.

shelby897
03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay, so my real name is Susan (shelby was my cat!!), and when I was younger, my sister always called me "run around sue" (Because of the song not because of the whole run around thing!!), but that was kind of embarassing to hear that yelled at you across a bar!!!

Kim_Star060404
03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Well, real name is Kimberly, so you can imagine the names that come from that: Kim, Kimbo, Kimber, Kimmi, and what my hubby calls me: Kimberpeas and Carrots.

He also calls me an assortment of other names: Poopie Bear, P.B. (short for Poopie Bear), and HIS favorite: Bacon Butt. Isn't he just wonderful!! :dizzy:

For those of you shocked :eek: that I would allow him to call me Bacon Butt, it IS a term of endearment, just not a conventional one. As long as it doesn't show up as his caller id for me on his phone, the marriage will survive!;)

~Kim

alinnell
03-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Okay, I'm Allison. Al for short (most of my friends call me this). But I have two friends who call me different. One friend's mom didn't understand why a girl would be named Al so she thought it was short for Alfred and so she called me Fred. Another friend thought Al was short for Albert and so she calls me Bert. I also had a nickname of Sally in college--Sally sucks suds. I could really guzzle a beer!

aphil
03-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Allison-my SIL's nickname is Fred. Everyone calls her that, and I have never asked why. :lol:

finn
03-20-2007, 08:42 AM
All my family call me Nua - I am the youngest of 7 kids and in the Irish (Gaelic) language nua is the word for new...so as I as the newest baby I got stuck with it :-)

Cheryl14
04-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Nope! People have tried with Sherry and Cherzie, and Cher, and Shirley, but none of them stuck. I remain...Cheryl.

Michelle
04-17-2007, 12:00 AM
My sister has always called me Mishy, but everyone else calls me by my name.:D

Sheena696
04-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I have had many...Shee-poo, She-na-na, Sheena the Wonderhorse (to this day I don't know where this one came from lol and it is from an old childhood boyfriend) Cleav- which got the person who started it slapped

Oh, and my hubby sometimes calls me B*tch lol j/k

browneyedgirl77
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm sure at one time or another we were all probably called the b-word from our hubbies lol.
I actually have 2 nicknames the first Penelope my family calls me this and I hate it. Apparently when I was a little girl there was a Princess Penelope on TV and I wanted to be like her so Penelope stuck especially since it rhymes with my first name Melanie.
My second nickname is Pohai short for Pohaikehaulani my middle name. Most of my friends call me this it's pronounced Po as in pole and hai = hi.

Reasonably Insane
04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
I actually have a few different nicknames.
My name is Angela, but ever since I was little I've been Angelina or Ange-my-lina to my grandpa (he has a nickname for all of us). My dad calls me Angiebaby. My best friend's kids call me GeeGee-when her son was learning to talk he couldn't say Angie, GeeGee was the best he could do, and four years later I'm still Gee-even to my best friend and her husband, her sister, her sister's kids, etc...
My husband calls me Pookie, Banana Butt (not sure why), and occasionally Devil Woman:devil:
How's THAT for an identity crisis?!:stars:

rubberlegs
05-01-2007, 09:44 AM
When I was little I couldn't say my name (Vanessa), so I just called myself Messy. Needless to say, I have never heard the end of it. The current reincarnation is Ness-a-Mess. Apropos, unfortunately.

My brother's nickname for years was Flaco (Slim), then Flaco Taco, then the Meatless Flaco Wonder Taco, etc...