South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 02:17 AM   #1  

Default Weird, Wacky and Wild Weekend Warblings

I can't sleep...so I thought I'd start us off.

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I think a nice song would be a good way to get in the spirit...shall it be Oh, Danny Boy, or When Irish Eyes are Smiling? (sorry that's what lack of sleep does to me :P) Does anyone have plans? They are dyeing the Chicago River green right before the parade (they do it every year). I want to try to make it down to take pictures...but I have things to do first.

Not too much else going on around my patch of sand. I bought two new camera lenses today and spent most of the evening trying them out. They are awesome!

I hope everyone has a good weekend...I'm sure I'll be popping back in.

Last edited by annarenee; 03-17-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I am still up because I am working - a fun duty night the night before a major drinking holiday! Actually the students were not too bad, the six fresh inches of snow could have some impact upon that! DH will be joining them at 7 am at the bars for "kegs and eggs". I think he is crazy as I have no interest in going (and that is not just because I had to stay up until 3 am!) My role for the day is to sleep in and then be their designated driver and pizza orderer! I will celebrate a bit more on Sunday, as that is when we will celebrate my step-dad's St. Patrick's birthday.

Anna - how fun to see the Chicago rive green for the holiday!

Hope everyone's Saturday is off to a peaceful and happy start! I am off to wash my face and crawl into bed and wish for no late night wakeup calls!

Ally
Old 03-17-2007, 04:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

If I'd known you two were up, I'd have joined you. I fell asleep on the couch after supper last night, woke up and thought it was late so went to bed ....at 8:45 when I looked at the clock! Of course I woke at three and finally got up.

Donna comes this morning - I hope! - to make up for missing Thursday. I have sewing and PC work to do so will just stay out of her way for the morning. I will throw the corned beef into the crockpot in a bit and leave dessert making until this afternoon. My friends will be here for an early supper as the comedy show starts at eight-thirty. It's at the Long Horn and the green beer will be flowing freely. I'll stick to wine.

The plow just went by! We got several inches of snow overnight and it's pretty cold at 18ºF. The sap sure won't be running today or Sunday. We go back up above freezing on Monday so it'll start to run and the lads will be happy.

Happy Feast o' St. Patrick to yez all!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Top o' the Morning to you all! The only green around here today is going to be on what people are wearing, though. Everything else is covered with 3 - 4 inches of white, and it's mostly ice! This had better be the last of it for the year!
Right now we're stranded in, until Jake can dig out the foot or so of ice at the end of our drive, thanks to the snowplows. I do need to get to the grocery store sometime today, but I can walk if neccessary. We're completely out of eggs for breakfast, so it looks like a morning for a big pot of oatmeal. Maybe I'll dye it green?
Old 03-17-2007, 12:54 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Top O' The Afternoon to ya! (ok, so I'm not!)

I just started some Cola Chicken for lunch Which is where I am starting SB PH1. I had to go for bloodwork this morning for the upcoming surgery and had to fast...

Anna -- morning! Take pictures of the river!!! Sounds fun!

Ally -- I couldn't order pizza for others! You are a brave soul!

Ruth -- we had some snow too but just a dusting. I was out and about around 8a this morning and the roads were a-ok. We were at 70 on Wed. though!!!!

Cottage -- maybe try food coloring and draw designs in the ice, lol! Or make a snow cone!

Like I said, I was up at 8a! Unheard of for me...but I had to take the car in for an oil change, get my blood drawn and then food shop! I am excited to be making all the yummy stuff I printed off from the recipe section!

Have a good day all!
Old 03-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #6  

I got all my running around done for the day, and now I have a long afternoon ahead of me with nothing to do. I'm toying with the idea of preparing some make-ahead meals, or I can work on my crosstitch, or I can just read and doze. Hmmm, .
So, who's having an Irish dinner today? I don't eat red meat, so we're going to have the Pork & Pepper Salad, with lots of sauteed cabbage. At least the cabbage part of it will be Irish. I'd love to make some Soda Bread,(I just love that stuff!), but since it's not OP, I'll refrain. I'd probably pig out on it anyway! Best not to tempt temptation, as my Amish friends would say.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

I vote for reading and dozing and that's what I'm going to do now. The hosue is clean, the fridge is sparkling and the beef is burbling away. Time to relax.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #8  

I am back from Powerflex class. Boy, JB really whips our butt but it feels good! RIght now it looks like I might be able to make next Saturday. It would be easier if I didn't go three months between classes.

Last night was a rough night for work. I went out to eat for dinner (Dutch mussel pot - seemed mostly OP) and then came home and worked on some computer based training until I started working at 10:30. First change went quickly and was done by 11 in time for the next change. That went well until we found out we were missing a firewall rule so we had to hold off on putting these two servers in production. I got done with that and got to bed by 1:30AM or so. I had to get up at 4:45 to perform my role in a huge upgrade. Got done and got back to bed by 6. Brian woke up and came in at 7:30. So much for sleeping in. Oh, well. I have to keep an eye on my computer today off and on since my next roll in the upgrade will probably be around 11 tonight but the time could change depending on how long the rest of it takes.

DH and Brian are at a train show in Ft. Worth so I am on my own today. I need to mow the grass and I need to go reserve some pavilion for scout training. I also want to pick up some stuff and make some soup or something to freeze for lunches. My freezer is almost empty of lunches and I had to buy from the cafeteria one day this week. That isn't the best lunch.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Hi!

I didn't even think to make corned beef and cabbage today! Good thing to because it wouldn't be complete without the potatoes!

While I was out running all the errands, DW cleaned about 65% of the house. So we napped and she's reading while I am on the computer. I think I may read too.

Both the Cola Chicken (made it with green beans sauteed in olive oil, Mrs. Dash and balsamic) for lunch and the Eggplant Parm for dinner were FABULOUS! I couldn't even finish my salad and I only had a true one serving of the Parm! Go figure?!?

I am planning on hitting the gym tomorrow after cleaning. It's always nice to come back to a clean home after being out, you know?
Old 03-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #10  

It's so nice to see the bright sunshine this morning, I hope it does it's thing and melts all this snow and ice away. I got on the scale this morning and I finally lost another lb. ! I've been stuck on a plateau for more than 2 weeks now, so I'm thrilled that the scale is starting to move down again.
My plans for today are to pick up some vitamins and groceries at Trader Joe's, visit Mom & Dad, and do laundry. If it's just Jake and I for supper, we're having leftovers, but if DS's family comes, I'm not sure what I'll make.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #11  
Working for the Cruise!

Good morning ladies!

Just woke after a short night out last night. The restaurant wasn't busy, so I was out by ten and DH told me to go out with the girls since he was feeling sick. Even at midnight it seemed that the "12 year olds" were going strong at the bars....walked home after a couple quick ones.

This morning I'm planning on cleaning up the house and starting sashes that say Bride and Bridesmaids for the shower. It's this Friday so the countdown is on. I want to hit the Y later, I've been slacking this past few days. The library might be in the plan as well.

I'm just looking forward to what Jenne said, coming home to a clean house!
Old 03-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, just enjoying the quiet, the girls are both gone, they had sleepovers last night and DH is watching tv in the bedroom so the house is nice and quiet, and I don't have to work at the store today . I only have 5 more shifts in the next two weeks and then I am done. I will be a little sad to leave the peeps that I work with but I will be glad to just have one job.
We had a big dumping of snow and freezing rain Friday night but by Sat after noon it was raining like crazy so we hardly have anything left.
Glad everyone had a nice St Paddys day.
Well all this talk about clean house makes me think I should get off my butt and get something done before the day is gone. Have a good one chicks.

LC
Old 03-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #13  

Mornin' All -

It is freezing here this morning!

Well, yesterday was a complete bust. I had all this cleaning up to do and didn't do a lick of it. I did manage to go and exchange my cable box for a new one (with a built in DVR). And I went to Lane Bryant and shopped and shopped until I couldn't shop anymore. I spent the afternoon doing a 'photo session' with some Peeps (yes, weird I know) I bought. Don't worry...I didn't eat any . I never really ate them before SBD.

Today's plan is cooking and cleaning. I'm making breakfast casserole, eggplant lasagna, chicken stir fry (Ruth I know how much you love Chinese...I'll save ya' some!), and meatloaf (the recipe in the SBD book).

I also need to do laundry and organize one of my closets (that has been on my cleaning list for 3 months!!)

I gotta get that casserole in the oven.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

House work done, laundry the mountain is still there I do have one load in the washer one in the dryer. Just need to make a list for the grocery store and go up the road to get the youngest dd then come home and make supper then head back up the road to meet oldest dd at 6 have way between our house and grandmas house. I really should head off to the shower so I can get this done but it is sooooo nice just being in my jammies and it is soooo cold out side. Well must get the butt moving.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

The day is racing away from me! Quick notes!

Corned beef and cabbage was great but my ravenous friends ate every scrap!

Comedy show was just super! My stomach muscles hurt from laughing.

Church was great this A.M. The bride and groom are back from their honeymoon and still dreamy-eyed. We welcomed them back with leftover champagne from the wedding. Strange! I was pretty sure we drank it all.

Went for coffee at the LH and rehashed the comedy show.

Now I'm off to the nursing home for a visit and will be home and drinking tea with friend Liz by 3:30.

Whew!
Closed Thread