30-Somethings - ***week of 4th November***

View Full Version : ***week of 4th November***

BigFatBooty
11-04-2001, 02:43 AM
Morning all. Boy I do not want to be up, feeling poorly, but gotta go out coz mum has cooked dinner and h*ll have no fury like a mum who has cooked dinner for someone who doesn't bother to turn up (unless death is kicking your door down :D )

My thought for the week:

The Secret Service had an opening for an assassin. After all of the background checks, interviews, and testing were done there were three finalists... two men and a woman. For the final test, the agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.
"We must know that you will follow your instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Kill Her!!!" The man said "You can't be serious. I could never shoot my wife." The agent said, "Then you're not the right man for this job."
The second man was given the same instructions. He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Then the man came out with tears in his eyes." I tried, but I can't kill my wife." The agent said, "You don't have what it takes. Take your wife and go home."

Finally, it was the woman's turn. She was given the same instructions to kill her husband. She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one shot after another. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls. After a few minutes, all was quiet. The door opened slowly and there stood the woman. She wiped the sweat from her brow, and said, "This gun is loaded with blanks. I had to beat him to death with the chair".

And the moral is.............. will post more when I come back home.

RoadRunner
11-04-2001, 08:14 AM
Good Morning!!!!
BFB-U can always start off the morning with a smile!!!:D

Lauren-It is amazing to see the price of rent elsewhere...I rent my 3 BR/2bath house for $800/month...Really nice townhouses or condos go for $700-1000/month..Good luck looking!!!

WEll, time to run and get dressed today..I worked OT yesterday, and ended up taking a 2 hr nap when I got home and sleeping 13hrs last night...
I found a neat site to log in miles www.justmove.org
U can even get an evaluation of the excercise!!!!Pick out a virtual trainer..I think Virtual Donna is the roughest!!!
:dizzy:
Have a great day!!!!
RR

LBH
11-04-2001, 08:27 AM
Hi All,

RR- Wow, I wish I could find a price like that!! The best deal I've found so far is a 7 room, 3 BR 1.5 BA TH in a neighboring town for $1200./mo.!! I'm hoping we can find something for around 1K/mo. with at least 2 BR, 1.5 BA., and of course laundry being mandatory...nevermind someone that will allow a cat!!

BFB- I have felt that fury!! You have to be very specific I've learned!! You can't say, maybe we'll stop over, because that's an automatic yes and when you don't show, your up sh*t's creak w/o a paddle!! Have fun!!

Rabbit- Hope you're having fun with your crew this weekend!!

Jul- Looks like you're on your way to meeting your Thanksgiving Day goal!! I'm not sure on the square footage of what we have, but I think it's probably just under 1000, and currently our rent is 975/mo., so it doesn't sound like too much of a difference size wise, but the ones by you probably have 2 BA and laundry!! I get soo mad at prices because when I was dating this guy in VA, he had a 2BR, 2BA apt., with a full size washer and dryer in a nice complex for 550/mo!! His was 995 sf I think. And that wasn't hicksville, that was Fredericksburg!! I really hate NJ prices!!

My FIL is going into the office Tuesday AM, so he'll get the goods on these places then. DH will stop and p/u the info tuesday sometime, and hopefully we can start looking at places. I will have to call our rental office Monday and talk to them about our options.

Have a great Sunday all!! I may even go to the gym later!! :D I have cleaning to do first though... :(

elisa822
11-04-2001, 09:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

All this talk about rents and stuff - don't get me started. I've been trying to convince my husband we have to buy something small since we're throwing our money away now. Prices here in Toronto are crazy - if you go outside the city it's much better but I'm a city girl. Right now we pay $1275 (Canadian!!) rent. We have a great huge 2BR 2full BA with A/C and a dishwasher but no laundry. The homes we can afford are around $225,000 and all you get for that is a small bungalow with 2BR 2BA (if you're lucky) but hopefully a finished basement. I found one I love that we can afford but he didnt' love it like I did. Men! What he wants we can't afford but it's silly to stay here if we can buy for about the same costs.

LBH - good luck with your house hunting - I'm right there with you.

Rabbit - hope you're having a great weekend with the kids.

RR - the virtual trainer sounds cool, I'll have to check it out.

BFB - love your morning jokes (it is a joke right??) I saw that email fly around my office a while ago. Funny how the internet brings the whole world closer.

Hi to everyone else

Gotta Go, have a great day.

Elisa

Rabbit
11-05-2001, 03:55 PM
HI ALL

Forgot to update my mileage yesterday, but I'm at 768 miles. All this talk about rents - my ds pays $315/mo (total is $1260 for 4 people) for a crummy crummy small 4 bedroom apt. College towns! That's not much different from my house payment.

Jul - congrats on the maintain. Maybe you'll get the loss next week.:)

Lauren - good luck - hope you find something you like.:D

Don't seem to have as much control, foodwise - not doing as good as I was. Bummer.

RABBIT

RoadRunner
11-06-2001, 05:26 AM
Good Morning!!!!
Off to work and wanted to check on everyone!!!!
RR

LBH
11-06-2001, 10:46 AM
Hi All,

Went to the gym last night. Walked on the treadmill for a little while, then worked on the machines and did some ab rolls. Then I ventured upstairs and decided to try a step interval class. Man, that instructor kicked my butt!! I was completely lost on the twists and twirls and all, I just tried to do regular steps while they were twirling!! :lol: They use these band things, they look like balloons that popped...you put them around your ankles and stretch...man, I think that was the worst part!! Then we did stuff with little weights... The moral of my story is...if you're going to take a class, don't do the other exercises first!! Maybe a little time on the treadmill, but that's it!! Was not sure if I'd make it up the stairs last night!! :lol: DH was hugging me, and he's like, OMG, your soo tight!! Somehow I don't think he meant that in a complementary way!! :lol: Not feeling it too bad today, but I am a little stiff...good stiff though!

RR- How are things in babyland?!

Rabbit- Where's your "No Excuses" attitude?!

Elisa- I've heard prices up there are crazy!! Not sure of the difference on the dollar, so I can't compare too well. Hoping DH goes to his parent's at lunch and gets the list from his dad!!

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit
11-06-2001, 01:15 PM
HI ALL.

Lauren - Yeah for all of the exercise! About my no excuses attitude - I know!! I decided today that I need to get out all of my ww stuff and read it to refocus myself. That's gotta help.

Off to have lunch -

RABBIT

RoadRunner
11-07-2001, 05:57 AM
GOod morning!!!!

Lauren-Well, my "B" cup officially runneth over!!!!:dizzy: I have never had soo much cleavage in my life!!!(totally untouchable cleavage though!!OW!!!!!)I eat all day long and find that the morning sickness is very minimal for the most part until the late evening...I am down 2 lbs from my Oct 2 pre pregnancy weight soo I think the first trimester will stay on weight schedule. I have a total distaste for chocolate:?: :?: and have eaten no junk food since finding out...
I think pregnancy makes it easier to eat healthy cuz U think of what the baby is getting.....
Keep up the excercise!!!!

Still going at least 5 miles a day..Too scared to do weights!!!
Have a great day all!!!
Vicki

BigFatBooty
11-07-2001, 06:42 AM
bit quiet on here this week, but just a message to RR - no you can't fit two pints into a half pint mug :D

Juldiet
11-07-2001, 02:58 PM
RR: whatever you do don't play volleyball. That is a total 'no-no'. I wish my Dr had told me that before I came in with cramps, pulled muscles etc.. I was coaching a church volleyball team and in charge of the whole league.

I'm doing o.k., still maintaining and struggling with it a bit. I've just got to add more exercise to start losing again.

- jul

RoadRunner
11-07-2001, 06:45 PM
BFB--One regret, that I didn't look U up in England!!!!!!!:D :D

BigFatBooty
11-07-2001, 07:37 PM
RR - :s: :lol:

slightly irrelevant, but I have just bought a new sports bra. I recently got my cardio bounce video and a mini trampoline and noticed that my Berlei Shock Absorber sports bra (level 4) was not absorbing anything. Did a search for sports bras and came across a company called Enell. They are US based but they have a distributor in UK. The bra was a bit pricey i.e 35.99 compared to my current 26 one. But boy is it absorbing those shocks. I think they are especially for those of us whose cups runneth over and I am sure I saw something about the bra being good for those of us who are in the family way.

C U all later, hope everyone is doing well. :D

Rabbit
11-07-2001, 08:31 PM
HI ALL

Just a quick note - yesterday I discovered my new secret for staying w/in my pt range when I've got the night time cravings. I had suckers - a tootsie pop after lunch when I had the sweet craving and a hot chocolate pop at night when I had it. It worked so well for me because I got that sweet taste and it took forever to eat. I'm not hungry, I just "want" something.

Today is my anniversary :D so we went out to dinner and I am 2 pts over. Not bad.

RABBIT

elisa822
11-08-2001, 08:25 AM
Rabbit - good for you for figuring out how to solve those "sweet cravings". I have the same problem. After dinner I always have that problem (and sometimes after lunch too). Tootsie Pops are great. So are Hershey's Kisses, if you can control yourself. My husband and I found that if we keep Low Fat Oreos around we're okay as long we don't take the whole box and sit down. Because they're only one point each, depending on the day I can usually have 2 or 3 after dinner and that seems like such a treat. Keep up the good work and Happy Anniversary.

BFB - I should look for that bra here, I don't know if they sell them here or not but I could certainly use a great sports bra. I've never found one that is comfortable and supportive - and I could really use it!!

Jul - Hope you manage to work back in some exercising - sometimes it can make all the difference.

RR - glad you're doing so well!

I'm having a pretty good week - someone even brought in chocolate mousse cake here to work yesterday and I managed to say no thanks. For me that's huge - I'm such a chocoloholic! I just figured that I would feel so guilty after and then I couldn't have my treat after dinner. I went to the gym yesterday and they have a doctor's scale there which I always get on. I don't know why since I weigh myself at home but if I see a scale I get on. Since I've lost some weight lately I couldn't even figure out where to slide the weight thing - I kept thinking the scale must be wrong since it looked like I was sliding it too far to the left - but it wasn't!! I'm not sure if you all know what I mean but when you get to move down to a new "section" i.e. under 200 or under 150 - it's sooooo exciting - can't wait!!!!

Have a great day,

Elisa

Rabbit
11-08-2001, 01:01 PM
HI ALL

Tonight is weigh in. I will probably maintain. I had an okay week. Better than last week, so I am making progress again. Should not have a gain.

Elisa - I would not have the control with the hershey's kisses at this time. That's why the suckers are so perfect for me - having more kisses around would tempt me to overdo. I don't like to rely on my willpower - which is not always available when I need it!! Hooray to saying no to cake!:) I know what you mean about a new "section" on a doctor's scale! Hooray for getting to a new one.:D

have a super day all.

RABBIT

RoadRunner
11-08-2001, 04:56 PM
It would take too much will power to control Hershys Kisses!!!!

Feeling tons better...FOrced myself to go to the healthclub...I am gonna do some research and see what excercises are ok and which are not...I want to do everything right!!!Refman wants to take a pic of my stomach at each month...I dont know cuz I am just right in the 7th week and cannot "suck it in " all the way anymore!!!It made me sort of self conscious when he hugged me and commented on the roundness of the belly, but he assures me that he thinks it is beautiful!!!!

Rabbit-Good luck on weigh in!!!

Elisa-COngrats on the new scale range!!!
Everyone have a great day!!!
RR

elisa822
11-09-2001, 08:12 AM
Thanks everyone for the congrats on the new scale range - except I'm not quite there yet - have to break 150 first!! I'll let you know when I get there but it'll be a little longer.......

Have a Great Day,

Elisa

LBH
11-09-2001, 12:32 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to pop in quick and say hi! I'm soo busy this week. Have auditors here yesterday and today. Having a horrible week food wise and work wise. My boss reamed me yesterday, because my files are a mess, but it's not my fault they're a mess...I inherited the mess...I'm trying to clean up the mess!! But, since I'm the admin, and people are complaining to her, I get the brunt of it. :( I went home and had a few strong fuzzy navels last night!!

Today is better, but I'm still on edge. Will probably hear it all again in a couple weeks when we get the audit report and it says our files suck! I'm in "I wanna run away" mode this week.

I did not make it to weigh in last night, and it's probably just as well that I didn't! I have not stepped on the scale all week, but I don't feel like I've lost anyway. Had to postpone my walk through with the trainer too, because of work. Will probably re-schedule for next Wednesday, since that's the only day she's there. May go and exercise a little after work tonight if I have the energy.

Have a great day all!

Rabbit
11-09-2001, 03:12 PM
HI ALL

I maintained last night. I did better this past week, so hopefully next time I will get a loss.

RR - glad you are feeling better. I have a picture of myself at 9 months pregnant in a bikini!:lol: And I love it. We lived out in the country at the time so I wasn't running around that way publicly.

Lauren - hope today is a better day for you!

better run -

RABBIT

happyface
11-10-2001, 10:36 AM
Hello everyone,
I apologize again for my absence. This just slipped away from me and to no surprise, I am not doing well on the weight loss frontier. I am probably at my highest weight ever (non pregnant) and so I see a correlation between my gain and my absence here.

I have not read everything but a few pieces of news stood out to me... RR, you are pregnant?!!! That is wonderful!! Congratulations!!! Please try to keep an open mind about the changes in your body. There is a wonderful purpose for them. :) I am so happy for you. By the way, my husband took pictures of me each month and I think it is neat to look at them and see the changes. Good luck to you! :)

Pryia, first I want to say HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. I feel like a rotten friend for forgetting you! And Congratulations on the job! What great news! Sounds like things are going pretty well for you and I am happy for you. :) (and I miss you)

Hello Rabbit, you always have the ability to inspire and motivate me. I look forward to keeping up with your posts.

LBH, hi Jersey girl! Good luck finding a home. We are paying 1500/mth rent for a 2br townhouse. But that is high because we are living here month to month with no long term committment. We were willing to do that because we wanted to get a place in this town so we could get ds in school. So it's been 6 months and we have been really picky about finding a house. But we are here and there is no pressure to leave so we hope to make a very good, carefully thought out decision on a house. In the meantime we are comfortable enough. :)

Hi Jul! Good to see you here.
Hello to all the others, that I don't know as well. I hope to stick around long enough to get to know you better.

BFB, thank you for the info on the sports bra. I went to their web site and found it easily. I am going to get one. They are expensive but I expect it to be worth it. Thanks! :)

Sonya, if you are reading I was hoping to catch you posting. I have always liked your posts, so pop back on and help motivate an old friend ok? :)

My current status is this ~ Our scale broke. I joined cardio kickboxing at the end of August and go 2 to 3 times a week. I really enjoy the class. I stopped going to WW at the same time I started the kickboxing. I was on WW almost exactly a year and when I dropped out I was a pound over starting. I am not sure how much I weigh but my clothes are very tight and uncomfortable. I wear only my elastic waist pants now. Taking the class was supposed to help me lose weight but I am eating SO much, even when I am uncomfortably full. I need to lose weight to do better in the class. It's like a circle. Lose weight to do better in the class to lose weight. :) I am remotivated to do this on my own and today I am starting over. I am going to drink the water (which I have not been doing at all) I am going to stay out of the leftover Halloween candy and eat more vegetables. I know what needs to be done. I've been practicing losing weight for so long and from so many programs. I've decided that being here again is another good step. It keeps my mind on healthy living. I read the thread called How much have you lost? Or something like that. It's like mini success stories and it was helpful.

In other news, we are still in temporary living and doing fine with that. DS is in Kindergarten and it is SO cool. :) He is also in Karate which is great. I am teaching 4th grade and have the same kids I had last year. It is amazing! I am really enjoying that. Things are going well in all areas except this weight thing so it's time to tackle it. I hope I can do it this time.

Miss you all and thank you for letting me nudge back in. :)

Love,
dani

LBH
11-10-2001, 02:07 PM
Hi All,

I am at my mom's today, doing laundry. :rolleyes: Oh, how I can't wait to have a place with laundry!! Mom is at a Women of Faith conference in Philly w/my aunt. Think they're coming home later this evening. It's just me and the darn bird! :lol: He is kinda funny though...

Yesterday was such a horrible day...I'm soo glad it's over. Thursday was worse, work wise, but I got home and asked DH if he wanted to go out to eat and he said he had been thinking the same thing. We ended up at Outback...even though we both like Lone Star better...but Outback is closer. We pigged out...split a bloomin onion, I got a 12 oz. special steak w/garlic mashies and salad and bread of course. He got ribs and fries. We went home stuffed. It was soo worth it though...I needed the night out! ...Oh, and the Alabama Slammer I had was pretty darn good too!! :lol: Haven't had one of those in years, and I knew I wanted to get a little loopy, and fuzzy navels weren't gonna cut it!! It worked, and it only took one on a fairly empty stomach to accomplish it!! :lol: :lol:

Dani-!! It's soo good to see you!! I've missed seeing my jersey girl buddies!! Funny you say $1500. is high...just shows what a difference it is between north and south jersey! $1500 seems about average for a 2BR TH around here...and you're lucky if it's got 2 bathrooms or laundry too!

Rabbit- I'm sure the loss will catch up to you next week! Suckers are great things! I get on a roll every now and then and have Tootsie Pops...it's gotta be the chocolate ones to make it worth it for me though...I wonder if you can buy just chocolate...hmm... :)

I did not make it to WI...will just wait til next week.

RR- I say go for it with the pics! And don't forget to label them! :D I don't think you'll regret it, I think it sounds like a great idea! I know when I get pregnant I will have DH take pics.

BFB- My friend Kristen told me about Enell not that long ago and I wrote down the website and forgot about it, I think I will check them out, because I really need one! SHe said they send you two sizes or something and you tell them which one fit better and they make it or something like that??

Have a great day all!!

Pryia
11-10-2001, 04:40 PM
Okay guess who joined WW for the thousandth time. YEP! That would be me. I am okay with rejoining. Although I have gained back 16lbs. I swear I could just slap myself. But I have journaled and counted all my points so far today.

I even walked 2.5 miles to the dry cleaner and back. I figured I could be lazy and take it to the one in our building at work, or I could use a coupon save 50% and get in some excerise.

Dani-
Good to hear from you. Don't worry about my birthday. I really miss you too and one of these days will email you.

The new job is good. But I split time between 2 buildings so I get a 8 block walk every day. I should have asked for a shoe allowance.

LBH- ARE YOU STILL INTERESTED IN PARSIPANNY?

Rabbit
11-10-2001, 05:29 PM
HI ALL.

Nice to see a few posts!:D I have done a little Christmas shopping these past couple days and it has been fun. I'm getting in the mood. Although I still can't believe Thanksgiving will be here so soon. A friend of mine joined WW last week to keep herself on track so she will not gain over the holidays. Such a smart thing to do!

I counted up my miles today and I'm at 791.5 miles.:)

Happy - so "happy" to hear from you!! Thanks for the kind remarks! Sorry about your gain. Coming here all the time sure helps me so I know what you mean.

Lauren - yep, those suckers are lifesavers for me right now!

Pryia - hooray for rejoining WW and for your nice long walk!

Have a good weekend all!

RABBIT

happyface
11-10-2001, 07:15 PM
Hi again,
I am very conscious of what I am eating and I am conscious of how full I feel. I still made some "not so great" choices today but I am aware of how I am feeling and eating less. It's a start.

It is good to be back! :)

LBH, yes, I have to say, having the laundry machines right in the townhous is a big plus! I was really hoping for something with a washer and dryer since in our first apartment we didn't have that. Plus it has a bathroom and 1/2. It's good to know I am not paying what would be considered High up there. But this is more than my mortgage was on my house! But as I said it is worth it because of the school factor. I consider this central jersey, by the way. South of us is much more affordable. The further south you go... But to you we are south. :)

Pryia, congratulations on your decision to go back to ww. :) Good luck! Great decision on the dry cleaning. Sounds like your work has built in some exercise! That is a good thing!

Hi Rabbit, thanks for the welcome. It is good to be back. :) I am going to try to stick around. I know it will be good for me in many ways.

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
:)dani