South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:53 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous Friday Chat!

Morning girls!

Rise and shine. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day. I am so glad it is finally Friday, it has been a really long week.

Cheers!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, and TGIF!

Kiko, you're up bright and early today! What's on your schedule for the day? Are you still being OP? If not, just remember, I'm going to make you accountable! Have a great day with your little ones.

I'm trying to stay positive despite this depressing weather, from 70 to 30 in just one day's time. It was really weird to feel the temperature plummeting so fast yesterday.

More coffee is needed, then I'll be back.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:38 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Kiko and Cottage.

Yes, Cottage, we seem to have lost Spring. It's 10F here right now. Kiko, we do NOT want to hear about your weather.

The dinner party last night was just great - 10 people and a great meal! It was very "country" because that's was the request of the Birthday Girl aka Cinderella! I did have a piece of chocolate cake and it was worth it! I was home in time to catch Grey's at 10.

Today I have Footcare at ten and need to go to the city at two to meet the kitchen consultant. I want to get a piece of corned beef there - there is none locally - because I just have to have corned beef and cabbage on Saturday. I'm doing an early dinner for some friends and then we are going to a comedy show. Laughing is good!

This has been a poor week for me to stay OP. :9 I think I've been comfort eating as I recover from my fall. Today will be better!

So what's a-happening on your stretch of The Beach?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:03 AM   #4  

I thought I was going to get the day off, but Cindy just asked if I could go over for a few hours. We had planned to go skiing today, but changed our minds because of the nasty weather.

Ruth, have fun in town today, especially with your kitchen consultant! Are you planning on granite or corian countertops? I'd love to replace mine, right now I have butcherblock counters, and I'm tired of them. Sounds like you have a fun St. Patrick's Day planned for tomorrow!

Well, I guess I'd better get ready to leave. Hopefully I'll be home by lunchtime.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #5  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

Hello Everyone! HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I don't know if I'm happy it's Friday. I have so much work to do and so little time. It seems everytime I start something, someone else has three more things for me to do.

I have been really bad in my eating habits recently, but yesterday, I was even worse. I gorged on anything I could fine, and then felt sick for the rest of the night. I have gone back to Phase 1 today and plan on staying there for a week.

The family and I plan to take our sleds and go back in the bush to a little lake for some ice fishing on the weekend, before all the snow is gone and the lakes open up. I'll be sad to see it go, but I can't wait for some warmth...

Enjoy your day...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #6  
Working for the Cruise!

Good Morning ladies!

Kiko -

Cottage - I'm currently stuck in a teeny tiny apartment with a microscopic kitchen. Since the living room area was larger, I put my antique butcher block out there close to the kitchen and made an extension. It's so nice to be able to chop what I need to on it, and be involved in whatever is happening in the living room...on that note, I would HATE it if all of my countertops were butcherblock. My mom is putting blue corian ones in her log cabin kitchen along with stone floor and that heating that comes up from the floor. SOOO jealous.

Ruth - Your St. Patty's day sounds lovely. I married into the Irish (and my English granddad is rolling in his grave for it I'm sure!), but I still can't do corned beef and cabbage. I'm going to give out small gold chocolate coins to all of my tables tonight and tomorrow instead of dinner mints. Then I'm coming straight home after one drink with the girls....Promise!
Oh, and I definitely want to see before and after pics of this kitchen!

Fishbulb - Have you read "You On a Diet"? That may help the way you see food. It's not something you have to battle! Hop back on P1 and enjoy feeling good again.

Me - 25 Minutes til Art History and I'm in the library. It's the rare book room, where everything is supposed to be silent, but some kid has electric guitar music coming from his laptop. It's quiet....but not silent! ARG!

Anyway, I'm enjoying my skim SF hazelnut latte this morning, or at least doing my best by it. I just got an e-mail from one of the bridesmaids that is supposed to be doing the shower with Megan and I. She was put in charge of games and decorations and every time we try to get information out of her it seems like a burden. Finally this morning she e-mails us, tells us that she has bought blue, orange, yellow, and green decorations and is debating on palm trees!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? Meg and I imagine blues, pinks, whites, pretty bridal colors.

So I'm at the point where I'm going to go, cook, clean, and take a bow. I just don't know how to deal with this girl. There is no maid of honor, as we were all "stripped of our titles", whatever that means. It wouldn't be too bad if the four of (3 bridesmaids and bride) hadn't been friends since 6th grade. The last two years we've fallen out as people have moved away, but Meg and I remain close. This other bm acts like she can't stand us now and we don't get why! Why do women have to be so catty? grrr....any advice ladies? Grin and bear it, stupid and cheerful, I know, I'm just not the type who can fake it easily.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #7  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Good MOrning all!

Day one, Phase 1 down! And I feel pretty good so far! I am a little stuffy today though. but I know that is normal after the trauma in there!

RUTH - I am so JEALOUS! I want a new kitchen. We moved into a "New" old home in October, and my kitchen is now SO SMALL! We will remodel eventually, but right now I have to just deal with it!

Kiko - I want your texas weather. I have a girlfriend near Ft. Worth and she told me yesterday it was in the 80s? OMG! It was in the low 40s here

Cottage - I hear you on the weather.. Coffee is keeping me going this morning it is so chilly!

Fishbulb - Good morning!

Sarah - I married Irish too! I am actually 100% Italian.. and the first to marry outside Italian! LOL! But I bought my Corned beef yesterday to put in the Crock tmo. I will get the cabbage later today because I didnt want to have the smell in my fridge! Kids dont like it so much.

Aimee - From Yesterday - If you are having trouble while exercising, try taking over the couple of weeks or more. It might help. I have exercise indused asthma so I have to premedicate all the time anyway...

Well, I am going to pretty much relax today. Lots of crochet to do. I am teaching classes at the Seattle Knitting Expo next month and I am so far behind due to the surgery. I gotta get at least one scarf pattern knocked out today!

Hope all are well!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #8  

I am so glad it is Friday! If for no other reason, because Friday's are my Starbucks days (it's just too expensive to do everyday), so I'm sitting here enjoying a yummy SF vanilla skim latte. YUM!

Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. I purchased some photo editing software and have been spending all my free time playing around with it. I also started this photo project where I'm taking a self portrait everyday for an entire year. There's a lot more planning to it then one would think!

Kiko Thanks for the (early) start up. Have a great day!!!

SwimGirl hey, buddy, how's it going?

Cottage I share your pain...Tuesday it was 73* here...today it's 35*

Ruth What did you think of Grey's? I am upset with what George and Izzie did...but when alcohol is involed on that show...bad things happen.

How's that knee?

fishbulb ICE fishing?!? Bbbbrrrrrrrr! I enjoy fishing, but that sounds a little to cold for me

AdiaFaith blue corian countertops...now I'm jealous of your mom too! I also have a tiny kitchen...maybe would could combine ours to make one decent sized one

have a great day ladies
Old 03-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #9  

Hey Jovimom...we must have been posting at the same time. Have a good one!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #10  

Too many posts to answer since I've got to get back to work. I can't believe I forgot that tomorrow is St. Paddy's Day. Where has this month gone? I guess I'll need to pull out my green Irish t-shirt for tomorrow. It might be a little cool for a t-shirt as we had a cold front go through after the 80 degree temps of yesterday but it is still quite warm compared to what most of you are dealing with. Remember, Kiko and I will be feeling it this summer when it's in the 100's!

I got woken by my pager around 4 - 5 AM today but I'm not primary on call so I didn't get up. Besides I'm working until the wee hours of the morning on one environment tonight and then start another environment at 5AM tomorrow morning. And I might have to work late tomorrow night too. Once we get through this big weekend of upgrades and new server adds, it should slow down a bit. I hope.

DH and Brian will be off setting up for a model train show today so I'm on my own for dinner. I'm thinking grilled fish with lots of veggies. I've also got to go shopping for some more work pants. I hate to shop so I put it off as long as I can but it is either that or replace the zipper in the pair that broke this week.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks, just poping in while the kids are finishing lunch. The sun is struggling to stay out but it is a losing battle, they are calling for a storm tonight 15-20 cm of snow and the freezing rain then rain then lots of rain for tomorrow. LOVE IT not.
I have to work tonight and I dread going in as I only have two weeks left. Oh well it will go by quickly I hope.
Ruth- your day tomorrow sounds so nice. I am jealous. Have a fun time.
Kiko you were the early bird today. Have a great weekend.
Anna I am a huge picture freak. What program did you buy. I really need a editing software program. PM me if you don't mind.

Well gotta to dash lunch is done and they need to be tucked in for quiet time. Have a great day.
Love ya LC
Old 03-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #12  

AdiaFaith, I'm jealous of your mom, too. Each time I go into Home Depot or Lowe's, I always drool over the countertops in the kitchen department. Maybe someday........

Anna, your photo editing reminds me that I want to learn how to post pictures, etc., on my computer. I have a manual that came with my camera but I've been too chicken to try it. Maybe you can come and give me some lessons?

JoviMom, I'm glad you're feeling better each day. Enjoy your day of crocheting!

fishbulb, that sounds like fun, ice-fishing! Make sure the ice is safe to be out on first!

I walked outside and almost slipped on the driveway, and my car was coated with ice, so I called Cindy and told her I was staying home. This freezing stuff wasn't supposed to happen til later, but it came early! I have the local radio station on, and all the schools are scrambling to close early and the roads are a mess. I hope Jake doesn't have any problem getting home. I got a little housework done, and now I'm just going to be lazy the rest of the day. Whoo-hoo, a 3 day weekend!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #13  

Cottage What kind of camera do you have? If you really want to learn how to upload pics to your 'puter, I'd be glad to walk you through it
Old 03-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #14  

Anna, what a sweetie you are! I actually know how to upload the pictures onto the computer, but I want to learn how to send pictures or post them in my posts here. Look out, I'll start showing off my grandkids!

Barb and L.C.! I think we were all posting the same time!

I'm starting to get hungry, wonder what I can find for lunch? I'm going to make the Shrimp Scampi for supper, and I'm looking forward to that! I think I'm going to try out that "fake bread" recipe, too. I've been dying for some cinnamon rolls, so I'm going to play around with the sweet version of it and see what I can come up with.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/190/135

Height: 5'2

Hello Ladies, I am glad to finally get in here and introduce myself. I have done PH1 for the last 12 days 4 lbs down (I'm hypothyroid so weight loss comes slow) but I am going to take what I can. DH has lost 10lbs. He will start PH2 on Monday, I think I will continue PH1 for another week though. Does anyone have any suggestions for someone in my situation? All are welcome.

Thanks
Closed Thread