Old 03-16-2007, 12:08 AM   #1  

Default First Post Here

I am new here and just wanted to vent. I am a newbie at OA and I am working on step one.

I was a little frustrated this afternoon. I wanted to eat. I tried to take a nap and that didnt work so I journaled and that made me feel frustrated because I couldnt figure out the answers I was looking for immediately.

I decided it was time for dinner, made a big salad with chicken, looked at it and thought this will never be enough. I have had this feeling lately that my scheduled meal wont be enough even though it is plenty enough to eat. Its just that no matter how much is on my plate it wouldnt be enough. Does that make any since?

I ate my dinner and then went for a walk and my whole attitude changed. I felt so much better after that walk. I just have to remember that a walk is an option for me when I am feeling that feeling.
TraciM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 AM   #2  

That is a great lesson, hooray for finding a solution and resolving to remember it next time.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey Traci-

Glad you found us here. He!

Good for you for taking that walk...and for using this tool. You are taking good care of yourself.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/227/?

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Traci!!

I am a newbie too, working on the Step Three questions.

You described the obsession very well when you said that no amount of food will ever be enough. The disease itself isn't really about food. My goal is to focus on the emotional/spiritual healing and let my weight take care of itself.

Since everything about OA and 12-steps is new to me, I encounter a lot of frustrations too. I can relate. Please know that you are never alone! Continue using the steps and go to meetings whenever possible!

beverly
blender is offline   Reply With Quote