Old 03-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207 / 207 / 160

Height: 5'6

Default Stomach GROWLING!! - Is this normal??

I've heard in the past, when dieting, it is actually OK if you feel that HUNGER feeling.... and I am feeling it RIGHT NOW....

and I also thought I was told, correct me if I am wrong, that you DONT have to answer that hunger EVERY time...

Now, is this true???? It's close to my lunchtime... so, it's not terrible... I can see this "episode" through... but....

help??? clarify? do YOU feel it and how often? how do you handle it?

LaneBryantChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I chug some water or drink hot flavored tea if it's going to be awhile before I can eat. Did you have a mid-morning snack? Sometimes I'm just a little hungry and ignore it and other days I need the mid-morning snack to tide me over. But you're right. You don't have to answer it right away.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

You will learn in time, how to time your morning lite/snack so that it will tide you over to lunch, and that should help with the growlies..

But are you sure those growls aren't really the result of something you ate for breakfast? Did you have lots of curry powder or cayanne pepper with your meal?

Of course for me, that's not just a joke.. I routinely toss in a big helping of NM Green Chile with my eggs and sometimes my body doesn't always like that.. !
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #4  

WAS that the noise I heard today>!?!??! LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2112 View Post
You will learn in time, how to time your morning lite/snack so that it will tide you over to lunch, and that should help with the growlies..

But are you sure those growls aren't really the result of something you ate for breakfast? Did you have lots of curry powder or cayanne pepper with your meal?

Of course for me, that's not just a joke.. I routinely toss in a big helping of NM Green Chile with my eggs and sometimes my body doesn't always like that.. !
Old 03-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #5  

But, seriously, thanks!!! I just got lunch and SAW my cafeteria here at WORK has LUNA bars!!! which I heard is a good (close to it) choice for a LA Lite since I won't have access to getting those...

so happy I hope everyone is doing good today!!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

for me it was the realization that my stomach actually got empty for a change. I had not over stuffed it from cravings so it got a chance to get empty. Before I would crave something more out of drive to eat something and my stomach was never really empty. So when my stomach growls it always surprises me.

Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #7  

Right!! i think I eat out of habit sometimes??? Like, NOT because I am hungry... just BECAUSE....

Old 03-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

^^ Exactly.. and the fact that you've come to that realization is a MAJOR step in getting rid of the weight!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote