Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Cyber Purgers VI (Warning: binge confessions)

This is the thread where we WILL confess (sometimes in explicit detail) our struggles with compulsive overeating/binge eating/bulimia and any other food control problems and issues. The mention of specific food is acceptable. All are welcome (newbies included!!).

HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I didn't exactly binge on any of the foods that I had last night, it was just a lot of junk

* for supper - a ww bagel w/butter (I might as well have gone for lite cream cheese, since I asked for half butter and it was still pretty thick! plus, it didn't taste good - I was just really hungry when I got off work)
* 2 caramel choco candies
* popcorn (105 calories)
* icecream
* 2 vodka coolers

My goal is to just try to keep at or below a limit of one junk item per day, and try to stay below 300 calories for snacks!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #3  

This is pretty much what I keep binging on at night after dinner:

*100 calorie popcorn

*2 rice cakes with cottage cheese spread on top with s.f jelly
almonds or some other kind of nut if it's in the house

*2 s.f jello cups

* 1/2c ff yogurt w. applesauce

I know that these snacks are not too high in the calorie dept but they do add up. And the bigger issue here is why do I continue to snack when I am not hungry? I eat a nice healthy dinner with a protein, veggie and most times a starch so why do I feel so compelled to eat afterwards. It is truely is frustrating mystery to me...
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #4  
Movin' on down...

S/C/G: 267/227/125

Height: 5'5

I went out to eat last night at Captain Ds and I ended up eating fried shrimp, fried fish, fries, a lobster cake, and some other items that were on the platter. I feel like I am going down. Today, I spent 5 minutes looking at a menu from a local wings place and after thinking about it, I tore up the menu, threw it in the trash and ate a healthy lunch. I've got to get my mind right again. *sigh*
Berridrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:58 PM   #5  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

My entire week has been a sugar **** (pardon-me for my horrible language).

Seriously. Today I had a biscotti, a chocolate danish, a hot chocolate, 2 Missourie cookies, and a cinnamon bun (small and homemade).
And lets just say that monday through thursday have been like that.

Bum.

It's because I'm tired (haven't had over six hours of sleep a night since Friday night last week) and stressed... Ugh.
I'm hoping catching up on some sleep will do me good. Tonight I plan on eight hours... But tomorrow night I'll only get about 5 again. *sigh*
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #6  
greenhouse

S/C/G: 197/191/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogachick30 View Post
This is pretty much what I keep binging on at night after dinner:

*100 calorie popcorn

*2 rice cakes with cottage cheese spread on top with s.f jelly
almonds or some other kind of nut if it's in the house

*2 s.f jello cups

* 1/2c ff yogurt w. applesauce

I know that these snacks are not too high in the calorie dept but they do add up. And the bigger issue here is why do I continue to snack when I am not hungry? I eat a nice healthy dinner with a protein, veggie and most times a starch so why do I feel so compelled to eat afterwards. It is truely is frustrating mystery to me...
You might be short of a specific nutrient in your diet: magnesium or zinc or some such and your body is telling it is is not satisfied...look at what you wanting and see if taking a certain supplement stops it: often a specific mineral is missing.

For me, it was magnesium that was sending me nuts for chocolate. When I brought it into my vitamin regime, the cravings greatly diminished....as did th crazy eating and many calories and fat.
ggreenhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #7  

ggreenhouse, thank you so much for the guidance however I am taking a great multi-vitimin every day, plus a calcum w. magnisum. I do see your point about what I am not getting in the foods that I eat that may be the trigger. I will ponder this and keep you in the loop. Thanks again!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #8  

Today I feel like my binge is finally over. It's a good time to get it out of my system.

Over the past three days, I've had:
a box of oreos
a bag of cheetos
half a carton of ice cream
two packages of 4 cream cheese danishes

The remainder of the ice cream is sitting in my sink, melting. I feel like I'm ready to take control again. I know exactly where this binge came from... Last week I was visiting my fiance, and now we're apart again. I'm sure it's all in an effort to comfort myself. Have to find a better way to do that.

Tonight I made a big pot of lentils so I have some quick dinner options on hand this week. Tomorrow I am going to get a desperately needed haircut, which always makes me feel better about myself. For now, I think I'm gonna do some exercise
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:12 PM   #9  
greenhouse

S/C/G: 197/191/132

Height: 5'3"

I have been doing ok, but the today I could not get enough grease, salt,
and sugar....It has been a very stressful week...but did I really think that Snickers and potato chips would balance the budget, or make my personnel decision, or help me rest...

actually not sleeping is surely part of the problem..I hyper load on high energy food to make up for my exhaustion

sigh...
ggreenhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:56 PM   #10  
Carol

Unhappy The 12:30 Binge

I just can't help myself. I can not gain control of the 12:00pm Binge. Last night I had about 2 1/2 cups of gold fish, about 36 grapes, 8 chniger snaps. I normally do not have that type of stuff in the house-grand kidds where suppose to come over. But, I can always find something to satisfy the bing. I'll binge on peanut butter if I could. But raw vegetables just do not satisfy the binge. It has to be carbs. If only whole grain bread.
carols2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #11  
Eating clean, eventually

Hey all,

I've read through the last five or so threads and have to say you all seem to be a truly lovely group of people. In my lurky way, I have enjoyed getting to know all of you. However, I am sad we're all where we occasionally are and am here to confess the following:

After a day of clean eating, triggered by some scotch & sodas and an undressed salad for dinner because I am an idiot and need calories and protein but refuse to acknowledge it, I ate two hot pockets (holla, Britney), a sleeve of Thin Mints (Girl Scout Cookies), a *box* of Samoas (also Girl Scout Cookies), a giant banana nut muffin, and a 100 cal bag of popcorn, because I'm on a diet. Yeah.

The above disappeared into my belly in about thirty minutes.

I am horrified, sick, ever so thirsty and I have a headache. Fitday logged my day's eating and my night's binge at just over 4,000 cals. Accountability is important even when I'm reckless.

As a "getting to know you" point, this happens pretty much nightly, to differing degrees of severity.

Thank you for reading this. I wish you all luck and peace, as this sucks and makes my jeans cut off blood flow to my hips.
Susanna Eats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #12  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

So last night I gave in and binged and purged. On a whole bag of garlic pasta and 2 granola bars. I just couldn't stop myself. But, I feel as if I have gotten something out of my system and I had been "good" for the past 4 weeks, so.... not too too bad all considering.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:41 PM   #13  

Height: 5ft6"

Ahhh... i am definately mad at myself! Yesterday made two weeks of not binging but i definately binged tonight. It is by no means as disasterous as some of my past binges but I am really trying to overcoming my stress-eating. I didnt feel like working out tonight so I didnt go and as a result I feel all antsy and anxious. Then i was stressing about some school stuff and headed to the cereal. In total I had about two bowls of cereal (at least it was flax/bran), a large yogut, two rice cakes, two cheese slices and a 100 cal chocolate bar. I managed to stuff a couple of hundred calories into my body in an amazingly short amount of time and now I am regretting it.

However, I am not going to let this turn into a 3 day binge affair as I would have in the past. Tomorrow I will get up early to go running to burn off those extra calories and I will continue with my workout tomorrow night as planned. I am determined to stay on track!
mesilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: S114/C110/GLower body fat!

Height: 5'4

Aaargh.... after 3 days binge free I totally f@#$ed up last night and had;
1/2 mini chocolate tart
large vegan cookie (not as healthy as it sounds.... almost 500 calories)
2 regular cookies (about 300 calories each)
1/2 brownie

dammit dammit dammit.

Although, on the plus side, somehow I miraculously weigh the same this morning as I did last night.
I truly thought I had broken the cycle... I guess I got too cocky I am not going to let myself turn this into a week long thing though.... Today is another day!!
rose madder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #15  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I feel so horrible.

I just purged. This entire week has felt like a binge. I haven't been eating healthy, I've never felt very hungry.... And I just had to get it all out.

It's so gross, but I feel relieved... and that feels worse than anything.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote