Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #1  
Just Do It!

Default Best low-fat choco dessert

I have a wee recipe that I like to make from time to time- its like a soft pudding. I saw it on TV- can't remember where! Sorry!

3 cups Low fat smooth ricotta cheese
1 tsp vanilla essense
3tbs Sweetner
2 level tbs cocoa powder
skim milk.

Place ingredients in a food processor with a couple drops of milk, add more depending on the consistency you like. Blend untill smooth- you will have to open and stir to get all of it blended (don't forget to unplug your blender when you do this!!). Spoon into bowls, sprinkle top with cocoa and sweetener, and refrigerate untill cold.
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #2  

Sounds good! But I can't make it. This is exactly the sort of thing where I'd make it, and it would be all gone within an hour. Ah well...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:51 PM   #3  
Just Do It!

ha-HA! I have exactly the same problem, which is why I freeze what I'm not eating! I haven't tried it semi frozen yet- which could be quaat naaas.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've got to try this, I've been having such a cheesecake craving and the creamy cheesiness of this would be perfect.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:14 AM   #5  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I am definitely going to try this! My dietitian friend gave me the idea of making 'cream' using the low-fat smooth ricotta cheese, sweetener and vanilla essence. It is REALLY nice and I use it instead of whipped cream. Now I am going to make the same thing, but add the cocoa powder. YUM!!!

Thanks for this Chimichanga!
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #6  
Just Do It!

Yipee! we shall all be in choco-cheese heaven soon. Although I have to wait for my lent challenge to be ovah next month can't wait!!

BTW gals, do a little taste test as your doing it to make sure it is how you like it, the measurements are rough. Happy eatins!