Old 03-14-2007, 12:42 PM   #1  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Talking Starting to feel the health benefits of my eating and exercise.

Hey all!

I have been much improved in my way of the life this past week and I am starting to notice the benefits.

I started going to a new gym last week. I met a new friend and weight-loss buddy who I have been meeting there almost nightly (the one trying to fix me up on a date w/ her friend.) I am starting to get into the rhythm of working out and it’s not quite the ‘burden’ that it was even a week ago. … Ironically my body pain is getting better as well. I have a horrible back. (I always have problems with it because of my chest size.) I am feeling less pain than normal in my back since I began last week.

My cravings have started to reduce in size and frequency. They are becoming more manageable and I am able to talk myself out of most of them. When I have given in, I controlled myself to only eat a bite or two until I was satisfied and not eat the whole thing…. I even told my sister no the other night when she asked me to get her some McD’s. I said, “No way. I’m not going to get you French fries after I leave the gym; you know I will end up getting something for myself if I go.” So I didn’t.

I have been getting better about weighing myself as well. I have been known to be pretty obsessive with it, weighing several times a day. This past week I decided to just weigh in on Wednesdays. To make it a weekly checkpoint and then I can change my ticker on Wednesdays. …I did pretty well with it. I only weighed in 3 times in a weeks time (including today which was my official weigh-in)… yay! And I am down again. Back down to 239.5-----

Thanks 4 readin'!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Awesome job Kae. I'm not doing as good as you, so you're words help me keep going! It has to be encouraging to see the scale working its way down, but feeling better is a much better thing. Great inspiration!

I've noticed some changes, mainly in attitude. It makes me not want to go to those snacks that were just a habit. I think about it much more.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #3  

Height: 5.6

Kae -

That is wonderful!! I am so happy for you! You have made it past a few obstacles this week!!

I know it was a great feeling when I noticed my body craving exercise and when I started feeling out sorts if I did not exercise.

Congrats on telling your sister "NO" - way to take a stand!!

And weight-loss to boot!

Enjoy your success!!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #4  
Losin' it forever!

Way to go, Kae!! It really does feel better once we have been doing it for a bit. I'm not gonna say I "enjoyed" my workout today, but I didn't dread it either!

Keep doing what you're doing! Congratulations!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #5  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Go Kae! I'm so glad you are finding success. It really does make you feel like a whole new person.

Today was one of those days where I didn't want to exercise. I've been tired all day and I wanted to crawl in the bed when I came home. But I did it, and now I feel so much better.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default And it will KEEP getting better and better!

Hi Kae!

SOOOO great to hear that you are FEELING the benefits of the lost weight! When I had lost about 15 pounds I began to actually feel lighter. It was a very nice feeling NOT to be lugging around the extra poundage!

Have I mentioned to you how I used my handweights to make myself feel really proud of myself? After I lost my first five pounds, I got my five pound weight and carried it around with me for awhile. It felt good to PUT IT DOWN after just a few minutes! I kept doing this each time I lost more! Believe me, it feels SO GREAT to carry them around and then know that you can PUT THEM DOWN! (I wish REAL weight loss was that easy!) Anyway, it will help remind you that ten pounds is A LOT, and you will want to KEEP GOING!

GREAT JOB, KAE!!!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:08 AM   #7  
journey girl

S/C/G: 325/323/160

Height: 5'8"

Kae, thanks for sharing this victory! Your message might help me to make myself go to the gym this afternoon, even though I'm tired after work and it feels like "a hassle" to do the gym thing. You've given a reminder about the awesome benefits of working out regularly. Thanks!!!
kaepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Kae - I feel the same thing! I'm amazed that even though I am still huge, I feel SO MUCH BETTER! I move quicker, I breathe softer, I choose to walk places just because. It's amazing how my frame of mind is so quickly adjusting to my new lifestyle. I must have been working really hard to stay fat for so long!!!!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:52 AM   #9  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

kae - congrats on feeling the health benefits of the weight loss! That's wonderful.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Great job Kae!! The feeling just gets better and better - you're on your way now!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #11  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Well done Kae !!

For me getting past the cravings was one of the most difficult things I had to done when I started ... so that´s a "done" for you... Keep it up and enjoy the path, there is nothing better than feeling good and proud of yourself !!!
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote