Old 03-14-2007, 10:18 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Something Daily: March 14th

Hello all, I hope your Wednesday is going well.

GG, Here is the kick in the rear that you asked for and another one for good measure.

Molly, Yes I have been to Rudy's (once). I don't particularly care for it ~ but then the first time was a bad experience. I was really young (2nd grade?) and my tastebuds hadn't matured. I may have to try them again.

to all the newcomers!

Okay, I seriously have to get to work on my eating habits. I was journaling and that seemed to really work, but that didn't stick. I heard once that in order for something to be a habit, you have to do it 21 days. So now I will be trying again. And I need to work out on my exersize ball.

Well off to do some research.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #2  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all
Welcome all newbies
GG~yeah im right there with you sister over worked burnt out by the time i get home then feed the army and by then i just want a glass of wine and watch deal or no deal LOL i love that show
Lisa~ really i never knew that i think thats gonna be my next challenge journal for 21 days straight (hope you dont mind me using it)

well make it a great day i'll check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #3  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning 30-Sumthins!!
Just wanted to thank you for the good advice; I went and looked at that fitday website and it may help to keep my overindulging ways in line.

Hey I just thought of something - Is anyone else a smoker? I'm probably on my own here; but when you start paying attention to your health it would seem smoking is a bit counter-productive, if I'm doing this fitness thing for my health and not just to lose weight.
Suddenly I'm not so sure how honest I've been with myself.
Tammy
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning all ~ I need to try the journalling thing also. GG has mentioned before that it really helps her stay on track. It's just one of those things that *if* I take the time to do it, I won't be sorry. Exactly like exercise! Went house shopping this morning:-). Checked out neighborhoods and schools. My realtor is taking me Friday a.m. to look at 8 different homes. We had two showings already this morning on our house. Even if the current offer/counteroffer falls thru looks like another one will be right behind it. It's a good feeling to see that the house is being shown so often.

DH bought tickets for Princesses on Ice tonight for our own two little princesses:-). My goal for today is to cook a good dinner before going tonight and not eat anything there. It's been hard to prepare meals lately as most of our showing are right around dinner time. We've been eating more than usual and it's always bad places; burgers & pizza. The only thing that has been to my advantage is that I'm busier than usual. Have a great day everyone!!

Welcome all newbies!!!!!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #5  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi aLL!!!!!

I have been so MIA, I Apologize. I couldn't get onto the 3FC website for over a week, not sure what was going on.

I hope everyone is doing well, and trying to be healthy. I"ll have to go back and try to catch up.

My eating has gone down the toilet.... Must start new. I am really trying to pack my lunch everyday, and include a healthy entree, a fruit and a veg. Somehow a cookie or piece of chocolate always makes its way into my bag.....

Tammy - I am also a smoker. I was able to quit while pregnant and didn't start back up again until about 2 months ago. I have some major work stressors in my life right now and am trying to get one thing in check at a time. But, you are correct. If I am trying to be healthier, you would think I could also quit smoking.....

How is everyone else doing? I"ve missed you all

~Becky.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

ok all...i will now say this...journaling is soooooooo freaking important. I know it...so why the heck can't i follow it. I've been bad for about 1.5 weeks...and guess what...last week i gained 1.5 pounds and this week another 1.5 pounds. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. Ok...now i'm giving myself a good swift kick . I was down 12 lbs now i'm only down 9. So for all you out there...heed my warning since i'm personally responsible for my own weight gain...journal journal journal. Well maybe its the wake up call i've been needing. Oh well...just keep trying that's all i can do.
Welcome back beckins
Goddess...i think i'm going to be like you...try the journaling for 21 days..even if i have a bad day.
good luck joan
greeneggsandham....definately stick to fitday..its a great FREE resource that really will help.
Alright guys...got to get back to work..i do have a date with my workout buddy tonight...so at least i'll get some exercise in...unless i get called in tonight
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Geez, I must've actually done some work this AM, because this is the first time I'm getting here today!

I'm not a smoker, but yeah, it seems kinda counter productive. That being said, When I first joined WW and a gym with a friend of mine, we were both smokers and didn't quit! Somehow I lost 20 lbs. and she lost almost 100...she was better at exercise. I was never a heavy smoker though, more of a social smoker.

Joan, your house must be awesome! Do you have pics online? Have a link?

Hi to everyone!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Yep i smoke and yep i wanna quit it's they hardest thing to do since i dont want to gain weight but i know i would be healthier
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:38 PM   #9  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everybody!

I am soooo tired today I can hardly focus on the tasks here @ work...good thing the day is nearly over and all my major stuff is out of the way... Being hypo is driving me NUTSO! Grrrrrrr.........anyone out there find a good food source to help boost the energy so I can break this evil Mt. Dew cycle (yes ladies, I'm at it again)? I heard apricots...but the dried variety hasn't done diddly!

Lisa/Becky: I'm with you on the eating habits leaving little to be desired! I am just irritated as heck with myself. NO SELF CONTROL. I have no idea why I'm doing this to myself. I need to sit down and have a serious chat with me myself and I! I just don't understand how I could have competed all those years and stuck to such a strict diet (even sodium depletion phase) with little problem. Now here I am....needing to do this clean eating to literally make myself feel better and yet...what's my issue? GRRRRRR.....

But, I know that back then I logged every meal with the fat and protein content....so journaling would help me too!

Joan: Wow, 8 different homes on Friday morning? Good luck-that's exciting! What are your main points of what you can't live without in the new place and what you're willing to settle without? Like, must have newer roof, new windows, 2 full baths, yada yada?

Ok, well I need to finish some things up here before I totally veg out. Worked outside in the yard for about 1/2 hour last night before my body temp dropped to 97 degrees and I lost all of my energy. Dipping down to pick up pine cone after pine cone after fallen branch was the equivalent of doing about 50 squats! Yeehaw!
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 353

Height: 5'4

Talking

I used to journal all the time and feel guilty if I didn't! Now I hardly remember an hour later what I ate!

I am however SUPER proud of myself. Since today is so beautiful day I decided that instead of staring out my window while on my stationary bike I would go for a walk! OMGosh it was so amazing to be outside without layers! I put on my iPOD and hit the open road, it was amazing! I love Spring!

I hope that everyone is having a great day!! Happy Hump Day!!!

(gosh I am so giddy right now I am even annoying myself!!!)
Rinithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #11  
Kalamazoo Girl

Rinithin (Erin right?)! YOU GO GIRL! Isn't it like 70+ up there in NY? I think you got the weather we had yesterday! Good for you! You're energy is contagious! Melinda
Old 03-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #12  
Kalamazoo Girl

Ooops...sorry about the grammatical error above (in my last post). Should have been "Your" not "You're." End of the day...mind is going! Melinda
Old 03-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Stuck to my goals but.....

......I need to start journalling again. When I journal it makes a big difference and I nned to do it . Today I forgot what I'd eaten or hadn't eaten , trying to remember makes my head spin. Going to go to gym tonight and do cardio and lower body WO after kids homework.
I'm trying to remember everyone, but it is hard, but I'll keep trying to remember. It may take me a while.
Good eating and good evening to all!
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Scrappin, don't worry about trying to remember us all. I've been here for a long time and I still get confused sometimes. I usually can do well, except when there are a lot of new people. (They all blend together ~ sorry)

Hey, has anyone heard or seen Stevie? I miss her.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Default Ah Journaling :o)

I was just looking at my little notebook as I was eating breakfast this morning. In fact, after breakfast I cleaned around it then moved it to clean under it....It's funny because it was really clean underneath it. Kind of like when you move furniture and the rug underneath is the original color and the rest suddenly looks so different. That is NOT good however for my eating habits and would explain the recent weight gain. No more (at least for today)!

Once again I have been inspired by this forum and all the ladies here. I will write down what I ate today in the notebook and try again tomorrow. I think we should all try and do the 21 day thing. It seems to be a consistent theme today.
focusedonchange is offline   Reply With Quote