Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/130

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Unhappy i want food food and more food. help me!

ok so its just my second day on this diet thing. but i just cant help it. i feel lile eating so much. whenever i get hungry i try eating just a fruit since its healthy and all. but im really scared that any moment i wont be able to sustain myself from eating. this has happened before already. i start a diet and just lose about 2 lbs then i gain them all over again because i cant fight temptation. is there anything i can do so that i wont think of food anymore? what i do is i look at great model pics so that i say to myself "come on i can do it,i can look like that". i believe its a great way to sustain myself from eating but there are times in which i just cant help it and start eating and all my effort goes to waste. please help me. id like to hear you guys supporting me. maybe it will help. thankyou for listening.
xmarymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Not knowing what kind of diet you are on makes it hard to make specific suggestions. How many calories are you eating? Are you eating enough to satisfy your hunger? If not, you're setting yourself up for a binge (and that's kind of what it sounds like from your post). Do you write down what you eat? If so, post it here so we can take a look and give you some suggestions. You might also look at some of the planning threads on the support forum--they have a new one ever day. It will give you an idea of what other dieters are eating.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/221/130

Height: 5'4"

I so know how you feel. I say the word diet and I gain 5 pounds. It is hard. There is no easy fix. What I do now is I have decided I'm changing the way I eat forever. I'm not dieting. I read on a post ealier today that the person said it's a lifestyle change. Don't restrict completely. Portion control. What helps me is if I get whatever I'm craving and I read the nutrition information and look at the calories and fat grams verses portion size and think of how far I would have to walk on the treadmill to work it off and that helps a bunch. I binge less and less nowadays. You are not alone. I know exactly how you feel.
goodnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 159/149/139

Height: 5'7"

Default Hey there

There's nothing wrong inherently with food. I love food. I also was blessed with a huge appetite ... for food ... for life in general too. I'm doing calorie counting as my method. The trick is to find healthy things that taste good to you. Then, find heathly things that fill you up ... anything with fiber is a good place to start. I'm a math person so part of the fun to me is seeing what I can eat ... ie: if i have an apple, a yogurt, and a LUNA bar for breakfast it is around 400 calories ... well within my breakfast limit AND I get to feel like I'm eating a good amount. I've had oatmeal for lunch. I've eaten breakfast food for dinner. I try to average 400 calories for breakfast and lunch and 800 calories for dinner. I'm not a snacker so I'm kinda blessed in that regard. Also, healthy food generally has less calories than crap, but occasionally I might have a 280 calorie South beach entree + soup that equals to around 600 calories for dinner, so I can splurge and eat 1 oz of 70% cacao chocolate (170 calories) with my dinner and still be okay for calorie counts. The chocolate is purely for antioxidant properties, of course . I never skimp on breakfast!!! GOOD LUCK!!
Perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #5  

Are you eating enough protein? Without it, you will easily be hungry most of the time - carbs alone do very little to keep you feeling full. Fruit is great as a snack, but try adding in something else, too - some almonds, yogurt, string cheese, etc. There are tons of healthy, low-cal food choices out there that are far more satisfying than just fruit.

I used to "diet" by restricting food, but I don't do that anymore. I'm a believer in eating - it's just *what* you eat that matters. If you're hungry, EAT, but make a solid, healthy choice. There's just no reason to starve.
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/129/129

Height: 5' 6.5"

It gets easier. Just persevere. Get through one more hour, one more day. It will get easier.
SlimLindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I don't know if this is what you are experiencing, but when I started on my "lifestyle change" (sounds better than diet) I had a problem telling the difference between hunger and thirst. I know it may sound silly, but try drinking a full glass of water when you feel hungry and if you are still hungry in 15 minutes then go ahead and eat something.

I have to agree with everyone that a little protein and fiber really do fill you up! My favorite snack is 3/4 ounce of low-fat cheddar and 2 rye crisp crackers. It's filling and only 100 calories total.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

If I feel like I just have to have something, I have a list of low-calorie foods that I can eat. For example, half an apple and two slices of cheddar cheese. Or a yogurt cup. Or some crackers. But the thing is, we don't know what or how much you are eating. Fill us in on what you're doing. We can make some suggestions. The protein idea is a good one--always helps me.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote