South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Talk

Good Morning!

I just thought I'd get in here to start us up for the day before I run over to Curves.

Next one up - get the coffee on, I'm going to be ready for it when I get back!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:24 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning the waters on for your choice of hot beverage... Grab a cup and have a seat.

Not much going on on my towel today although I did go for a walk last night.
Which reminds me to put that down in my fitness log. Be right back.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:03 AM   #3  

Thanks, LC, for getting the water on, I have a big mug in front of me now.

Tuesdays are always my busy days where I feel like I run a limo service. At least the day goes by fast. I still haven't bought Audrey's present yet, but I know what I'm getting her and will go right past the store on my way to pick up Maggie, so I'm going to get it then. I hope they'll wrap it for me in store! I have to pick up her turtle from the pet store and help Cindy set it up in the aquarium before I pick up the girls, too. This is a special-order turtle, not one of those cute little mini ones, they were afraid the dogs would eat them up! We made adorable ladybug cupcakes yesterday, and the girls did a great job decorating them. Audrey was so excited to be taking them to school with her today, I think she's really enjoying this birthday and thinks it's a big deal to turn 6.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:23 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage and Little Chick. I sure needed coffee this morning as my aches and pains made for a restless night.

Another spring-like day is starting to happen here. The Girls are anxious to go out these mornings, not for potty, but to explore the next level of strata in the dog yard! They keep finding precious bones they buried during the winter and are having a great time arguing over them and then burying them again.

This afternoon I need to mix up a batch of my dog food as Lucy is giving me "the look" when I put store-bought into her dish. We do pet therapy at 5 followed by a Lenten Church service at seven. It's going to be a hectic day but I like being busy. I'm off for X-rays and then a visit to the ortho in the city this morning. My knee is pretty bruised and sore from the fall so I hope he just reads the X-rays and doesn't do any poking or prodding. I would love an idea of when the replacement will be done. I've mixed emotions over it: I want to be rid of the problem but don't want my spring and summer messed up with recuperation. November would be perfect and a good excuse to just give gift cards for Christmas!

Have a great movin' and shakin' day, as Meowee says!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #5  

Morning gals!

Cottage and Ruth Sounds like you both have busy days today. Have a good one.

LC I went for a walk last night as well. It felt great, although I am really out of shape! My 5 year old went with me and rode her bike, which made it fun. I plan on another one this evening as well. I will probably strap my younger daughter into the stroller and be on my way.

For the first time in a LONG time I wsa totally on plan yesterday! DH made a yummy dinner of pork tenderloin, fresh salad, and beans. I am having leftovers for lunch today. I pretty much blew the first part of March, but am determined to get back on track. The good news is that I am only up a pound from the beginning of the month, so it could be a whole lot worse!

Have a super day all!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #6  

Kiko! You couldn't have been as bad as you thought this month, if you only gained a pound! When I go off plan, I can always expect at least a 3 lb gain! Anyway, I'm glad you're back on track. I just think with all the changes you've been dealing with in your life lately, that's what probably got you screwed up. BTW, I'm planning to make Jet's Shrimp Scampi on Friday, on your latest review!

Ruth, I guess you're flirting with the orthopedist right now. I hope it all goes well, and that you can persuade him to wait til November for the operation.

I don't know what got into me; I decided to do a load of laundry, and from there I decided to bread some chops for Jake's supper tonight, and while I was in the fridge I noticed a cauliflower that was begging me to use it or lose it, so I riced it and made a big pan of Fried Rice. I don't know where that burst of energy came from, , but at least I have supper preparations for tonight well underway!

Ok, I have just enough time to fold this laundry and then I'm outta here to go pick up that turtle! Cindy just called and told me to make sure I ask the sex of it. It will make a difference as to whether Audrey names it "Rosie" or "Rex."
Old 03-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #7  

Brian is home on Spring Break this week and he wanted me to come home and ride bikes after work yesterday but I got stuck here late so I had him go out with DH and get himself a new bike seat. We are going to try again tonight if the weather stays dry.

Yesterday was one severity 2 issue after another. I'm hoping today will be better.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #8  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning ladies. A lazy day here, I don't feel motivated to do anything. *yawn*
Old 03-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sunny and mild still here. It definitely is Spring because my car is now red with white polka dots. A flock of Canada geese passed overhead!

The Doc says I didn't do any bone damage to my knee but was very impressed by the swelling and bruising. The X-rays showed no breakage but the cartilage is all gone so I'm bone on bone. However, he has people who can't even walk so I'm sure not priority on his replacement list! He is going to do three shots of a lubricant - NeoVisc, I think. However, the first appointment for these is May 16 so, unless there's a cancellation, I'll be hobbling and slow until then. So I'll shut up about the damned thing for a while.

Gee whiz! Curves, cupcakes, turtle sex, biking - what a busy bunch.

I'm off to mix dog food for tomorrow and then will get ready for pet therapy at 5. Idol is on tonight. I hope Church doesn't last too long!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #10  
Working for the Cruise!

Hello Ladies!

Hope you all had wonderful days. Cottage, don't you love those little bursts? DH bought me some tulips last night so I'm off to clean the house. Can't have pretty flowers in a dirty house!

My computer actually started smoking yesterday. Apparently some chip on the motherboard fried and liquified itself. So on top of buying a new truck this week for DH, and working on buying a car for me by the end of the month, I'm looking at a new computer tower as well!!!!! This would be "ok" if I used credit, but I'm one of those pay with cash only chicks. GRRR.....there goes my savings again!

Anyway, this means I'll be in only briefly as I'm typing from the library right now. Meg and I have decided...we begin SB P1 on April 1st!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:00 PM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kiko, you really are "Blossoming" like your avatar says!!! Good for you for eating well AND exercising yesterday and making plans to do it again today. That's awesome! So good that you're getting your kids exercising too and setting a good example for them.

Me:
I've been having trouble getting my behind out of bed before noon. I've been going to bed early, too, so I haven't been in here as much. Sorry, chickies!

Went to the gym today, did a lunch of leftover pecan-crusted chicken salad with oranges (yummy!) and vacuumed the rugs in the family room. Hope to decorate the brownies I finally made before DH gets home. He's making dinner tonight ( ) and I have choir practice at 7:15.

Hope everyone has/had a great day! :
Old 03-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Ruth - send that spring weather my way!! It's rainy and cold here.

I took my car in to get some warrenty work - it's now fixed and safe!! It wasn't unsafe to drive, just that it was so easy to break into. I still won't be keeping much of anything in my car! So while my car was in being fixed I decided to bring an umbrella and go for a walk, I walked to starbucks and back - 30 minutes each way. I am pretty proud of that, it was literally pouring, my pants are hanging in the bathroom - drying out!

So I have to admit that I'm not doing so good since I got back from my vacation, I had a good phase 2 breakfast, good snack, but my lunch was NOT. I am practicing smaller portion sizes, but after 5 days of eating out, it's a hard transition! I need a kick in the butt if I want to hit 199 by May! Anyone up to kicking my butt?

-Aimee
Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #13  

Today is busier than ever. I didn't think that was possible. And a user found a problem that is serious enough it has to be fixed tonight after 8PM so I am waiting for the patch to get released and then I have a half dozen people to call to get approvals after we test the patch. What a long day!

It's pouring rain so I can't go bike riding with Brian anyway.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:55 PM   #14  

Barb, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't know how you manage to do it all! I do hope you're finding a few minutes here and there for yourself, too.

SwimGirl, don't you just love walking in the rain? What did you treat yourself to at Starbucks? Unfortunately, the things I love there are loaded with calories, such as the Chai Green Tea Frappachino.

Beachgal, that Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad sounded pretty good. I recently made a Pecan Chicken Casserole that I loved, but no one else liked it. What's with all the sleep lately? First you don't get enough sleep, now you're sleeping all the time. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself, sweetie.

Adia, that would really freak me out, a smoking computer tower! Thanks for the menu ideas for the shower, they sound great, and I'll be borrowing some of them for the shower I'm planning. And you are SMART, SMART, SMART, to be a cash only person! Don't ever be tempted to change your ways!

Ruth, those same frassing geese must have passed over my car too! I shooed them all back to Canada! The girls were giggling in the backseat at all the poop on my windshield.

Hi, kestral, I hope you had a great day today!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #15  

Hi all!!

Just a quick pop in...hope everyone is having a good evening...it was 72* here today!!

Aimee I'm not sure about kicking your butt...but we have the exact same weight loss goal by the same date. If you interested...I'll buddy up I'm pretty good at
Closed Thread