Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/225

Height: 5' 3"

Default Car Food

Oh I'm sure there has to be at least one other person around here with a car food issue. Before WW, I did alot of eating in my car to and from work. It was all junk, on the run type food. Well that was then and this was today, my first day back at work and I almost had a melt down without food in the car. So I bought a bag of rice cakes. It was the weirdest feeling. I didn't eat the whole bag, had a few on the way to work and some on the way home - but it was sure good to know that they were there. What is that about???? I don't stash food anywhere else.

On a more positive note, I've just finished Day 3 and I am totally patting myself on the back for NOT eating a single thing that was lying around at work (hospital) althought I was very attracted to the chocolate biscotti (mini size) and knew that I could have one and just count the points, I just felt that if I did that at the start of this program....well you know where that would lead.

My other surprise was the amount of walking I put in today. I did do .97 of a km just walking the dog and then at worked walked a whopping 4.6 km. and I'm not a nurse!!! I also promised to start doing stairs, so I did two flights, was a little out of breath, but I did them.

Now the trick is holding on to all of this........

Hey thanks for listening, it means alot to me and it's getting me through this first week. If I'm yabbering too much and this is not the place I should be, please don't hesitate to redirect me to a more appropriate forum....I'm new and finding my way around.

Thanks, I'm going to go look at some more threads and then off to bed.

Tommorow - DAY FOUR

Night.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

A couple tips I used for car eating and for killing the "OMG I'm starving, let's eat everything in sight before I fix dinner" urge.

I started putting a bottle of water in the freezer every night and putting it in my car in the morning. By the time I got ready to leave for the night, it would be nicely unthawed (Unless it's the middle of the winter). I always pack apples to munch in the car. Filling, fiber and only 1 point. It helps for the supper issue. By the time I get home, the apple has had time to register in my stomach and I'm fine to fix my planned meal.

You'll find some strategies. Just think them through. The rice cakes sound like a good strategy, but you'll find others that will work for you too. Best of luck
Old 03-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #3  

OMG, I saw CAT food and freaked out! I was about ready to do an intervention if you were eating cat food! I do have a very high quality lowfat/hairball control IAMS cat food here at the house though if you need something to take while driving to work... I have a 22lb tabby on the WW comparative program for cats!

On the serious side, I don't eat in the car unless we are traveling because I can wipe out a bag of chips or something without even thinking. If you really can't cut it cold turkey, I would start by cutting back to every other day, then stretch it to every two days, etc until you aren't eating in the car anymore. It is like reading a book or watching tv, you can easily lose control of what you are eating because it is mindless eating. You need to get a plan on how to quit.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I agree unless I am traveling (and then too we usually stop and actually get out and eat even if it is at a fast food place) I don't eat in the car. But take a small cooler with those re-freezable pouches and carry fruits and veggies (already cut up) is my idea.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/225

Height: 5' 3"

All great ideas thanks and thanks for the very good morning laugh about "Cat Food" I cracked up. I think the right idea will be to switch to a fiber car snack instead of the rice cakes. I think the rice cakes, actually I know the rice cakes are a chip replacement. Not eating in the car? Hmm that will be hard one.

Day Four

Talk Later.....
Closed Thread