Support Groups - Hot-n-Healthy Challenge Chicks 3/12/07-3/18/07

SD Gal
03-12-2007, 10:06 PM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!! :carrot:

azmom
03-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Can I join in? My goals for March are to lose these extremely stubborn last 4 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much but I have been trying to lose them for years!! I am counting calories and exercising my butt off (literally, I hope!) I thought it would be good for me to be accountable to a group, so here I am!

When I reach my goal I want to get a super cute sundress to wear for Easter and look fabulous in it!

Thanks-azmom:cool:

azmom
03-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Oh and by the way, do you live in San Diego?

azmom

SD Gal
03-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Can I join in? My goals for March are to lose these extremely stubborn last 4 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much but I have been trying to lose them for years!! I am counting calories and exercising my butt off (literally, I hope!) I thought it would be good for me to be accountable to a group, so here I am!

When I reach my goal I want to get a super cute sundress to wear for Easter and look fabulous in it!

Thanks-azmom:cool:

Welcome! Of course you can join! We have a wonderful group of girls :) I wish I only had four pounds left to lose. I'm actually up- *koff* again and now I have 20. *sigh* lol Don't forget to drink your water!! What is your diet? I have family in Scottsdale somewhere in Paradise something or rather.. ;) Yep.. I'm in San Diego. It was a WONDERFUL 96 today! I am SO looking forward to sunnier weather. :sunny: Good to have you!!

Canuk4
03-13-2007, 12:49 AM
SD Gal aren't you proud of me? I found you on my own, and it wasn't that hard. lol

Welcome azmom glad to have you join our group. I live in Canada, where it was warm out today, around freezing and we still have tons of snow to get rid of. It will be below freezing tonight. I am very jealous of your warm weather.

I read till 5am this morning, so slept till 1:30pm that is bad. I was eating breakfast at 3:30pm, totally off schedule, I am no where near your weight loss, you have left, I have 95 lbs to go to my ultimate weight, still sticking at 230 lbs. Just not being strict enough with myself, try to follow ww as that is what did it last time, before all the injuries and the exercise became restricted. I really have to get my butt in gear with my daughters wedding coming up the first week of Dec. down South. HELP

Water down today, food was actually okay, but no exercise. My cast weighs a ton just at rest cannot imagine exercising with it. But have to do something, any ideas?

Enjoy your day tomorrow everyone. Where are the rest of our girls, Jasmine has been MIA for a while now.
Sharon S.

azmom
03-13-2007, 01:03 AM
I am from San Diego but have lived in Scottsdale for almost 5 years. what part of SD are you from? I have lived all over....Oceanside, La Jolla, San Marcos and most recently, Valley Center. Both mine and my husbands family all live in various parts of San Diego. I love it there but also like in here in Scottsdale. Thaks for the warm welcome and I look forward to us reaching our goals together!

azmom

SD Gal
03-13-2007, 01:53 AM
SD Gal aren't you proud of me? I found you on my own, and it wasn't that hard. lol

I read till 5am this morning, so slept till 1:30pm that is bad. I was eating breakfast at 3:30pm, totally off schedule, I am no where near your weight loss, you have left, I have 95 lbs to go to my ultimate weight, still sticking at 230 lbs. Just not being strict enough with myself, try to follow ww as that is what did it last time, before all the injuries and the exercise became restricted. I really have to get my butt in gear with my daughters wedding coming up the first week of Dec. down South. HELP

Water down today, food was actually okay, but no exercise. My cast weighs a ton just at rest cannot imagine exercising with it. But have to do something, any ideas?

Enjoy your day tomorrow everyone. Where are the rest of our girls, Jasmine has been MIA for a while now.
Sharon S.

I'm SO PROUD of you Sharon! lol YAY!! :carrot: Welcome back. lol ;) :hug:

Time for bed for me, I did 100oz. of water today and a huge cobb salad for dinner. I had three Atkins shakes as well while at work.. and... *gulp* sunflower seeds. OH SHAME! ;) lol

I promise to be better tomorrow!! :D :p

SD Gal
03-13-2007, 01:58 AM
I am from San Diego but have lived in Scottsdale for almost 5 years. what part of SD are you from? I have lived all over....Oceanside, La Jolla, San Marcos and most recently, Valley Center. Both mine and my husbands family all live in various parts of San Diego. I love it there but also like in here in Scottsdale. Thaks for the warm welcome and I look forward to us reaching our goals together!

azmom

My daughter is going to ASU right now, she graduates next year. We visited her there in Scottsdale just a couple months ago! I'm in the east county, actually. Santee. I love where we are, just far enough out but I do love the city. I have family there in Tempe, Mesa and Paradise what- Valley, or something like that... :?: I don't know exactly, my uncle used to play major league ball and was doing radio for the the Diamondbacks.

BTW.. your mall there in Scottsdale ROCKS.. good Lord its fantastic. :D

Welcome to the group, this is a fabulous bunch of ladies and very very supportive! :welcome3:

MysticSoul
03-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Hello all I am new to the site and I am looking for motivation and guidance. My I join the group. I am currently at 220 lbs my ultimate goal is 145 but my graduation is at the end of may so I want to lose 20 lbs by then...
I am dedicated to the weightloss fight I am just in need of motivation and guidance.
:carrot: Tye :carrot:

dollypie
03-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Well looks like this week is off to a great start after having the flu all last week, and did I mention I found out I was pregnant! What a surprise! I did exercise the past two days and plan to keep it up! Welcome to all the new ones!

SD Gal
03-13-2007, 01:27 PM
:welcome: Mystic! Glad you can join our wonderful group!! 3FC has a plethora of great information!!

Hi Dollypie!! Nice to see you :) Sorry to hear you had the flu. :( But great to hear you are well now and working out again. (Now if I could just do it. :D ) rofl

I am up this week after eating badly all weekend. CRAP! LOL I am back on the wagon however.. and drinking my water. I have a formal event in April and MUST get into a gown I have sitting in the closet. MUST MUST MUST. lol I have to get out and walk again, and now that its beautiful outside again (in the 80s) I should get my butt in gear quite literally.

BBL goils!!!!!!:hug:

Canuk4
03-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Hello all, wecome MysticSoul your goals are similar to mine. Hi dollypie sorry you were sick, doing good being back on track after the flu, already.
SD Gal I am sure moving all that furniture back and getting the walking in and since your back on track I am sure you will be back down by tomorrow.
Good day for food for me, still a little short on the water. Exercise still a problem, any feedback? SD Gal When you put your mind to something you
will do it, get that dress out so it is visible every morning, I bet that will help with your motivation, put sticky notes on the fridge, in the bathroom and on your wallet in your purse, maybe that will help. MysticSoul some of these ideas might help you as well. Of course you have to write on the notes! lol Maybe it could be, I will not cheat today, I will not spend money on treats, you could even take the money you didn't spend and put it in a jar and save it for something you really want. Keep exercising and try using the measuring tape instead of the scale.
I know your saying easy for her to say, when she is wearing the cast and has a hard time staying away from the scale.
Have a good one tomorrow.
Sharon S.

SD Gal
03-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello all, wecome MysticSoul your goals are similar to mine. Hi dollypie sorry you were sick, doing good being back on track after the flu, already.
SD Gal I am sure moving all that furniture back and getting the walking in and since your back on track I am sure you will be back down by tomorrow.
Good day for food for me, still a little short on the water. Exercise still a problem, any feedback? SD Gal When you put your mind to something you
will do it, get that dress out so it is visible every morning, I bet that will help with your motivation, put sticky notes on the fridge, in the bathroom and on your wallet in your purse, maybe that will help. MysticSoul some of these ideas might help you as well. Of course you have to write on the notes! lol Maybe it could be, I will not cheat today, I will not spend money on treats, you could even take the money you didn't spend and put it in a jar and save it for something you really want. Keep exercising and try using the measuring tape instead of the scale.
I know your saying easy for her to say, when she is wearing the cast and has a hard time staying away from the scale.
Have a good one tomorrow.
Sharon S.

You know Sharon, getting the dress out and the notes might actually help.. I'll have to try that. I don't spend money on treats. I ACTUALLY gave away ALL my chocolate at work.. GASP! :o

I did my water yesterday and I was EXHAUSTED from this stinkin time change. It really has affected me. I'm sick to death of it already. I have been nauseous these past two days (not even a possibility of pregnancy. lol) so I don't really know what's wrong. I've moved all the furniture back.. I love the carpet.. walking into the house it still has that new carpet smell..

BBL Goils!

marbleflys
03-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Hi Ladies......I'm back to chat...I've been having a terrible time with my weight (don't even look at my ticker, i'm lying right now, will change it shortly)! grrrr. but I've dropped 3.8 lbs. since March 1st. I had a nasty little virus last week that re-appeared over sunday/monday, but I'm feeling much better and hitting day #2 with my AM exercise routine.....just me and Billy at 6AM (he never comments on how bad my hair looks--smart man).

Dolly! congrats to you! first child? Welcome back Sharon, I hope you are recovering quickly too. surgery went well?

Hi to all the newbies and Mimi has been great to keep the thread going....(i kept thinking that SD stood for South Dakota....just call me blonde today).

BBL.....Hi to anyone else I missed, it's too busy today at work, I wish the students would all go away.

marbleflys
03-14-2007, 06:36 PM
geeze sumi, you posted on last weeks thread and I got ALL confused.......I am having a huge crappola day, i can't wait to git!

SD Gal
03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi Ladies......I'm back to chat...I've been having a terrible time with my weight (don't even look at my ticker, i'm lying right now, will change it shortly)! grrrr. but I've dropped 3.8 lbs. since March 1st. I had a nasty little virus last week that re-appeared over sunday/monday, but I'm feeling much better and hitting day #2 with my AM exercise routine.....just me and Billy at 6AM (he never comments on how bad my hair looks--smart man).

Hi to all the newbies and Mimi has been great to keep the thread going....(i kept thinking that SD stood for South Dakota....just call me blonde today).

BBL.....Hi to anyone else I missed, it's too busy today at work, I wish the students would all go away.

You're so silly.. I'm so glad to have re-found 3FC that I'm happy to post :) Things will get better, keep your chin up.. At least you didn't consume zillions of grams of sodium from eating an entire bag of sunflower seeds today. :p lol

Stopeating posted on the old post too. Silly girl. :D

Back later.. I need to walk down to the store and get turkey for our pitas tonight. MUAH!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Canuk4
03-15-2007, 01:05 AM
I went to the old post first, so did see the note from Stopeating, yes all went well with the surgery, now its just trying to find at exercise I can do, even walking kills my neck, due to the sling to hold up this cement cast, i swear it weighs 5 lbs. and I have been watching what i eat pretty good and since I got home last week and weighed myself I have lost 9 lbs. I know for sure alot was from all the fluids they pumped into me, I didn't eat from the night before rather late though till at least Thurs. and very little then, it has picked up to normal since then, if there is a norm for us when dieting.

Stopeating I am so happy for your son, and how he was recognized, he must be very good. He will enjoy his next team I'm sure. Don't be to hard on yourself about what you get done with your son's room, you work fulltime take your son to his home and away games, plus I am sure do cooking and cleaning, pat yourself on the back for all you have accomplished.

SD Gal I worried about my suggestions to you last night, I am glad you think they might be helpful. How were the pita's tonight?

Marbleflys glad your back, sorry you are still fighting off the virus so long, it has to be this warm then cool weather. Back at the exercising too, that is great.

Well enough the left shoulder lets me know, now that I am typing with that hand.
Have a good day tomorrow all.
Sharon S.

SD Gal
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I went to the old post first, so did see the note from Stopeating, yes all went well with the surgery, now its just trying to find at exercise I can do, even walking kills my neck, due to the sling to hold up this cement cast, i swear it weighs 5 lbs. and I have been watching what i eat pretty good and since I got home last week and weighed myself I have lost 9 lbs. I know for sure alot was from all the fluids they pumped into me, I didn't eat from the night before rather late though till at least Thurs. and very little then, it has picked up to normal since then, if there is a norm for us when dieting.

Stopeating I am so happy for your son, and how he was recognized, he must be very good. He will enjoy his next team I'm sure. Don't be to hard on yourself about what you get done with your son's room, you work fulltime take your son to his home and away games, plus I am sure do cooking and cleaning, pat yourself on the back for all you have accomplished.

SD Gal I worried about my suggestions to you last night, I am glad you think they might be helpful. How were the pita's tonight?

Marbleflys glad your back, sorry you are still fighting off the virus so long, it has to be this warm then cool weather. Back at the exercising too, that is great.

Well enough the left shoulder lets me know, now that I am typing with that hand.
Have a good day tomorrow all.
Sharon S.

Don't over work your shoulder Sharon.. have they given you something for pain and swelling? I hope so.

I am always open for suggestions.. The fact I ate an entire bag of sunflower seeds yesterday was BAD!! :mad: I am up two pounds because of the water retention just over night.. stupid girl!! lol

I have a mix of unsalted sunflower seeds, soy beans, pumpkin seeds and cranberries today for my snack. The pitas were good last night, but today I brought a turkey wrap with sprouts and a bit of mayo and mustard and a sprinkle of cheese. I totally forgot tomatoes.. :dizzy:

I also still have my Atkins shakes, though I don't think I'll drink them today but instead will do my water. I did walk yesterday, but it was just to the store and only a mile. I can really feel the difference in my jiggle since I haven't been doing it every night. I've just been so lazy and there's NO reason for it!!!

Back to work.. bbl goils!! MUAH!!! :hug:

Canuk4
03-16-2007, 12:25 AM
SD Gal guess we are the only ones using the site today. Don't feel bad about the sunflower seeds, I got into the honey roasted nuts tonight and had two rice krispy squares, instead of supper. I also did lousy with my water today as well. I am sure I will be up tomorrow.

I bet you will flush the water weight off with all your water today.

How come your not walking like you were? You had a few of us put to shame. You were just so dedicated, too much to do in the house? I know I am one to talk, but just figured out today, I am scared to shake up the arm too much, incase I do some damage, I already can't turn the wrist.
Excuse maybe, maybe not.

I do have meds for pain and swelling thank goodness.

Where are the new people as well as the oldies, but goodies?

Well SD Gal have a goo one tomorrow, it's Friday. What is the temperture there? Our snow finally went yesterday and were suppose to get more tomorrow, must say a little tired of it. See ya later.

Sharon S.

SD Gal
03-16-2007, 12:46 PM
SD Gal guess we are the only ones using the site today. Don't feel bad about the sunflower seeds, I got into the honey roasted nuts tonight and had two rice krispy squares, instead of supper. I also did lousy with my water today as well. I am sure I will be up tomorrow.

I bet you will flush the water weight off with all your water today.

How come your not walking like you were? You had a few of us put to shame. You were just so dedicated, too much to do in the house? I know I am one to talk, but just figured out today, I am scared to shake up the arm too much, incase I do some damage, I already can't turn the wrist.
Excuse maybe, maybe not.

I do have meds for pain and swelling thank goodness.

Where are the new people as well as the oldies, but goodies?

Well SD Gal have a goo one tomorrow, it's Friday. What is the temperture there? Our snow finally went yesterday and were suppose to get more tomorrow, must say a little tired of it. See ya later.

Sharon S.

Hi Missy!! I think I've just got off track and need to focus is the problem. Lately I've simply been exhausted. I had labs done last week for my yearly, and saw my doc yesterday who gave me the results. Last year, my cholesterol was so high that he was going to put me on meds, thank goodness I asked him to hold off.. since I've changed my eating habits (for the most part) my bad cholesterol has dropped to a healthy, normal range.. and my good cholesterol is now normal as well. He said all my labs look fantastic. He also told me not to worry about the amount of water I drink (4-5 20oz. bottles of water) that my sodium level is perfect. He was also thrilled with my significant weight loss since last year and that I had been walking on a regular basis. I told him I had been really bad these past two weeks and told me to be more watchful of binge eating. Realistically, that's what its been. So, I need to be more on task with my points.

I'm actually really thrilled about it. lol

Be careful of your arm!!

I have a meeting.. bbl xox :hug:

Canuk4
03-16-2007, 10:05 PM
SD Gal that is terrific news about your health. I know what he means when he is talking about the binge eating, that really is what throws us off program, I too have to be so much more careful as I am so sedentary at the moment, I know as well it will be at least 4 to 6 weeks before I will be able to get into doing anything in the exercise area. He has put a pin in the two bones of my arm and I have to keep from turning my wrist or I can brake both bones. I also don't know when he will go back in and do my wrist, that he didn't have time to do during this operation. He is suppose to send me to physiotherapy, but I don't know when on that either. I should know more after this Thursday, when I go see him.

But I am really glad you got your cholesteral down as that is so dangerous. See how all that walking and losing weight helped, I am so proud of you. Did you mention about how tired you have been to him? Maybe it is the blues, with the changing of the season's. You did mention how the time change has affected you and made you tired.

I think if you can stay on plan and get back to your walking and losing, you will feel a lot better. I sure hope so!

I have done pretty good so far with the food today, but again my water is not good.

BBL
Sharon S.

dexdienu
03-17-2007, 09:11 AM
I just found this web-site and am looking for a support group. My goal for this month is to eat more fruits and vegetables and exercise every day. I would like to have some cyber-friends to share the successes and failures of the goals. Would you mind if I joined here?? Also, how do you add the weight tracker at the bottom of your posting?

SD Gal
03-17-2007, 12:06 PM
I just found this web-site and am looking for a support group. My goal for this month is to eat more fruits and vegetables and exercise every day. I would like to have some cyber-friends to share the successes and failures of the goals. Would you mind if I joined here?? Also, how do you add the weight tracker at the bottom of your posting?

Of course you can join! :wel3fc: You can click on my tracker to get a new one of your own or 3FC has one of their own, just do a search of "weight tracker", I believe it will come up that way :) 3FC is a great resource for information and everyone here is just wonderful!!

Have a super day, back later- we have a St. Pat's Day parade to get ready for!! :luck2you:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! :lucky:

JasonsLea
03-17-2007, 05:57 PM
How is everyone doing? I'm alright, just trying to get used to my new place......with no cable and no internet. Add on to that, I forgot which box I put my cds in so I've been listening to the same cd for the past week. :fr: I guess the good thing about all that is that I've sat down and read my first book in over a year. And it wasn't just one book, I did one of my ol' marathon readings and read about five books in a day. Felt like old times. :) I've decided to continue to do my WIs on Tuesday instead of switching to Thursdays. I need to go grocery shopping. Happy St. Paddy's Day, yall!

Canuk4
03-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Hi everyone, welcome dexdienu, must say that is a really different name, are you French by chance?

Glad to hear from you JasonLea, I love good books as well, just finished one from Nora Roberts, it had two stories in it and really enjoyed them both, I stayed up till 5:30 am reading one and 5:00 am reading the other, I bought this book, but know I should really use the library.

SD Gal how are you my friend, so you went to a St Patrick's day parade, that sounds good, I saw part of one on tv today, I enjoyed it, itn was in Toronto about 40 miles from here, why today not yesterday, they never said. I had a neighbour give me a leprechaun and two button's, one reads "Your in luck I'm Irish", the other "World's Cutest Leprechaun" that was because we were going out and my hubby told her he had been teasing me about wearing orange, which he does every year. I have been in a bit of an off mood, so have not posted for a few days, although we were out most of yesterday.

My food has not been good this weekend, forget about the water and of course the exercise is still off limits, due to the arm. Never going to get anywhere this way, really need to have someone kick me in the tush!

Well goodnight ladies, have a good one tomorrow.
Sharon S.