Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #1  
Jeepers

S/C/G: 194/150

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation I am at the beginning of my journey...again

The again part is probably the part that frustrates me teh most. I've lost the weight, and I gained it all back plus a few extra. How can I find the motivation? I joined here today hoping it would somehow give me a jumpstart of sorts. I know I have approx 15 weeks till summer, and I just need to be disciplined. Why is it that it has been so difficult for me to stay motivated this time. Any thoughts or suggustions? I'm not looking for miracles, but if I could just loose 1 to 2 lbs a week, I'd be there by summer. Then I might actaully have some clothes to wear.
Jeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:47 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Jeepers, you can do this--you've proved it in the past. The missing part is that once you lose the weight, you can't go back to the old eating habits again. Many, many of us have discovered that sad secret.

I'm a calorie counter. What's really helped me this time is being accountable, by which I mean, I use a tracker to set weight loss goals and put in everything I eat, every day, even if I eat stuff I shouldn't. It tells me where I'm at and what I'm doing so I can't pretend. I also got serious about exercising and being more active, and I enter my cals. burned every day also.

So there are some thoughts--I hope they are helpful. Of course, there are many other ways to lose weight besides calorie counting. This is just what I've settled on.

Good luck to you! It's not easy, but you can do it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Jeepers~I was in the same boat. I had lost weight after the birth of my 2nd child. I went from 165 post pregnancy weight down to 128 which was truly the lowest since junior high school. I kept it off for several years and then the stress that is life caught up to me and I gained it all back plus some. I stayed about the same for another several years and then decided to do something about it. I started losing a year or so ago, had some discouragement, found 3FC and got my encouragement. My recommendation? You have to want to lose it. You can't just say you need to--you have to really, really want to. Then you have to plan. What type of diet will you do? What are your goals? What will you eat and what will you not eat? It's a lot of work, but it will only work if you really want to lose the weight.
Good luck!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #4  
Jeepers

S/C/G: 194/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Thanks so much

You both hit upon two things I have really thought about. The first thing is the excercise component. I really struggle with that. The second thing is the plan. In the past I did Weight Watchers and it worked for me, but in the last several months when I've tried it hasn't worked because I don't think it's targeting my current issues. For example, in the lsat several months I've turned into a binge snacker. I grab a chewy granola bar because I'm hungry, but unfortunatly, I end up eating 3 with possibly a couple other things thrown in there. So, for now, I'm going to omit snacks(a snack detox if you will), eat healthier meals, and stop eating off of my kids' plates.
Jeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Jeepers; I appreciate your struggle, it happens to me too, 4 years ago I was 135, then 178....I've been stuck for so long, up 5 down 3, up6, down 4....it's enough to make me kick the scale into the next room.

As long as I write down my goals for the week (they can change too, I don't beat myself up)and think before I shove food mindlessly into my mouth, I lose.....it's slow this month only 3 lbs. so far but it sure does look better than gaining 3 lbs. I need to exercise first thing in the AM or I just don't do it.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think long term motivation is always a problem. Basically, to keep the weight off, I'm going to have to keep trying for the rest of my life! I may not always be "motivated" so I'm hoping being committed to what I'm doing helps.

You're not alone in having to do it again!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote