Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #1  
Drop & gimme another 20

S/C/G: 180/160/135

Height: 5'7"

Arrow P90X: You Gotta Bring It!

Does anyone else on 3FC use beachbody's P90X? I've been using this 12-dvd series and it's incredible. So far my favourites are "CARDIO X" and "AB-RIPPER X". I mix CARDIO X into some of my mini-trampoline workouts. Besides working out I also make sure NOT to over-train any muscle area or over-use any workout. BIG mistake. It is OK to do CARDIO every day but who wants to get sick or burn-out? (Overtraining wears down the immune system.) So be sure to alternate & take a couple of lighter training days per week (say, 20-30 minutes max instead of the heavier 45-90 min) plus 2 REST DAYS each week. The "rest days" are when your muscles repair themselves and grow stronger! So I'm easing into P90X. 3 months. 90 days. As for me, this is a heckuva workout I'll keep using even after I reach my goal.
MsBootcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/173/145

Height: 5'8"

I saw the AD on TV and I was intrigued. I would love to believe their claims but It looks like it would be really HARD for someone who isn't in the best of shape to begin with.

It looks like a good fitness plan for someone who had 10-20lbs to lose.

Where did you buy yours? And how much was it??

You'll have to keep us posted on the workout!~
lblodgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #3  

Default P90x

I got mine from someone who bought it and made a copy for me. It is really challenging. It is made for someone who is already in decent shape, not necessarily good shape. If you are 200 lbs overweight, then it's not for you. It is perfect for someone looking to lose about 20 lbs or less and get a lot more muscle and get in better cardio shape.
scl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:09 AM   #4  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

I bought this for my DF a few months ago... He's hardly cracked it open. He only needs to lose about 20 pounds to be at a good weight, but he always says he's too tired to do much working out. It's kinda depressing, but I'm still trying to get him on it. I want to do it with him but I'm WAY too outta shape for it. I would never keep up. Maybe If i show him that I can do it, even as overweight as I am.. that he can do it, tired or not.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #5  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Just started it last night. Challenging, but it feels good when you're done!
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I have the program..bought direct from Beachbody.

I've held off doing it till I get down to those last 10 pounds because the diet seems higher calorie and that might get in the way of my weight loss? I know on the Beachbody message boards the advice person is always telling people to raise calories if they get in a plateau with the program. Seems easy to overtrain and not eat enough on the program?
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 159/151.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I did P90X last summer and I got awesome results! It is challenging, rewarding, and totally worth it.

However, I will reiterate that it is for someone who already has a good level of fitness. But don't let that discourage you, because you can always modify or start out slow (not doing 6 days a week). The program has you do sort of a "fitness test" before you start to help you assess your readiness for the program. And you decide the weight and reps that you use. I love that you kept track of all that information for each workout because it was awesome to see how much I had improved in strength and endurance by the end of the 90 days. And what I saw in the mirror was a good confirmation of it too .

I am focusing on running right now, but this post made me nostalgic for P90X. Maybe I can figure out a way to do both (and not overtrain ).

oh, and for anyone who has finished P90X and wants something a little different and more challenging, try P90X +. It is five workouts (Total Body +, Upper Body +, Interval +, Ab Ripper +, and Kenpo +) and it is purely brutal -- in a good way!
meganmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #8  

P90X is the closest DVD I've found to working with a personal trainer. By far the best program I've found. But it is not a beginner work-out. Make sure you have a decent level of fitness before beginning.
Seattle Podiatrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Can anyone tell me what the food plan is like? My 16 year old son and my 19 year old son are wanting to do this..... is the meal plan "doable"?
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 159/151.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the food plan is like? My 16 year old son and my 19 year old son are wanting to do this..... is the meal plan "doable"?
The food plan is split up into 3 phases: The first stage is heavy on the protein (50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat). The second phase is a mod/high protein ratio (40% carbs, 40% protein, 20%fat). And the last phase is more of a "typical" diet, with emphasis on the carbs for energy (55% carbs, 25% protein, 20% fat). They advocate their "Beach Body" protein bars, whey protein, and recovery shake; however, I found that you could substitute any protein powder and get enough protein without the bars.

Good luck to your sons if they decide to try it!
meganmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote