Old 03-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Default Staying on track while going through big change?

i have been doing really well with my plan now for 4.5 months and have lost 41 lbs.

In 3 weeks we will be picking up our 4th child from Guatemala!! It is a big transision for us because our youngest 2 are not quite 13 months apart! When we brought our last son home he did not sleep through the night for 6 months! He was up 2-4 times a night. I know our new son will also go through a transision time and it will probably interrupt his sleep cycle.

So, here are my questions! How do I stay on plan during our pick up trip? Plus, how do I then fight through Easter? And finally how do I exercize if I am up 2-4 times a night? It seems like it is all going to be to overwhelming to stay on plan!! I just don't want to gain!! I have to keep losing if I am going to keep up with my kids!! Any help or suggestions? Thanks! Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I don't have any suggestions, really, because I'm too new to know what might work. However, I do have a couple of ideas ... (maybe that's the same as a suggestion but in my opinion suggestions come from people who know...ideas are brainstorms. hahaha). First, you'll be too tired to eat! Second, maybe you won't be able to fit in a full blown exercise for the first little while but could you grab 10-15 minutes here and there? What about dancing around the room with your new one. Could be some sweet bonding. Thirdly, incorporate your exercise with playing with your older kids. That way you're not losing time with them but you're still doing something good for you. I love to jump rope with my daughter and play basketball with my older 3. It's summer in Guatemala....maybe you could stick with a lot of fresh fruit? Anyway, just a couple ideas from my 4 child home to yours.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 PM   #3  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking Congratulations Jellybelly!!!!!!

What wonderful news! Welcome to your new little blessing!

Also congratulations on your weight loss and your thoughts for planning ahead. There are a number of things you can do to keep yourself on track. Keep lots of fruits and veggies in the house for quick snacks. If anyone asks the "what can I do for you?" question ask them to make you a healthy dinner. Keep a food journal to help yourself stay accountable. I have four kids and when I have some bad nights I truly find that the lean protein and complex carb combo gives me much better energy and craving control than anything else. Do you have a double stroller? Stick those younger ones in for a nice long walk. Pushing two burns more calories and the sunlight will help get your little one on a better sleep pattern. Does any of that help?
You know that the better you take care of yourself the more you will have to give to all your littles ones.
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Plan, plan, plan! Ask DH for an hour each week to plan a weekly menu of healthy meals and snacks, as well as a shopping list. If you can't do the shopping, send him with a specific list and a cell phone. When things get crazy, not having to worry about what to make and how much to eat can mean the difference between a week of continued weight loss or reverting back to old habits of quick take out and drive thrus. As for the trip itself, obviously the food is a lot different than what you can get here. But focus of fresh fish, fresh veggies and the lightest fare possible. You are there for a very happy reason and I wouldn't stress too much during those days because some of the choices will be out of your control. Just make the best possible choices you can during that time.

Congratulations on your new member of your family and good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote