South Beach Diet - Phase I Chicks - Week beginning March 11

Ruthxxx
03-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Post your questions, concerns and helpful hints in here.

(Remember to join us on the Daily Chat too. There's more to life than dieting; it just doesn't feel that way sometimes. :lol:)

RocknRoll
03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks for starting a new thread Ruth!

in the last one you told me that imitation crab wasn't allowed BUT here is a quote from 2 chats with one of Dr. A's nutritionists about the imitation crab meat:

Member Question: What about imitation crabmeat? I can't afford the "real thing," so I purchase the Louis Kemp Imitation Crab meat for my salads. Is this acceptable?

Sandy: Yes, it is permitted on the diet. Imitation crabmeat is generally white fish.
Member Question: Hi Sandy. I have read that Imitation Crab Meat is ok for this diet. Is it still ok even if wheat starch is ingrediant #3 and potato starch is ingrediant #5?

Sandy: Yes it is still okay to use. The amount of wheat and potato starch is very small. This is why it is okay for use on the SBD

Its one of those silly rules:D

cottagebythesea
03-11-2007, 09:30 PM
RocknRoll ~ I checked and double-checked and yes, you are correct, Surimi is allowed on all phases. (I'm assuming that surimi is imitation crab, right?) Personally, I'm glad you brought this up because I use it on occasion, too! ;)

Ruthxxx
03-12-2007, 06:20 AM
I'll just crawl into my corner and shut up. I still don't see how it can be OK with all that crud in it!

Here's a post from way back. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56762&highlight=imitation+crab) There seems to be a lot of controversy.

cottagebythesea
03-12-2007, 08:06 AM
Ok, after reading that, I'm totally turned off imitation fish of any kind! :barf:

gettinittogether
03-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Good Morning all.........I weighed in for the first time this morning after being on phase 1. I am down 10lbs. Not a bad way to start the week off huh!!???? I plan on staying with what I have been doing for another 2 weeks except I am adding a few strawberries in. Hubby lost 8 lbs. over the last 2 weeks. I can tell in my jeans that the weight is starting to come off. Make me feel sooooo good.:dancer:

Christian
03-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Well I am back...AGAIN, I did so well on the beach over the holidays, was down to 145 and well guys , I BLEW IT!! My ex husband, went home to be with the Lord as a result of a car wreck Jan 31 st and I cant explain it, but a switch in my brain went off and I have ate ever since, We have a 13 yr old daughter and I went into a funky depression that I am very glad to say is finally over with, so here I am , Back at 157 pounds and ready to get back on the health train , I have my girls to try to be healthy for and now more than ever they have needed me, Plus I went to see my moms mom and she said that diabetes and heart problems are really prevelant in that side of the family so I had better watch for that...So here I go again, wish me luck guys ;)

LitChick
03-12-2007, 10:12 AM
One week down, one to go!

I weighed in this morning and have lost 7.5 pounds. :carrot: That's definitely enough motivation to keep me going this week.

For anyone trying out the recipes posted here, do you have any that you'd recommend? (or not) I've been doing some experimenting, trying to avoid boredom and making sure we're eating right. My husband's very picky, so if he likes the meal, I consider it a success. The taco bake, cola chicken and chicken divan have all been great.

My favorite so far is the chicken divan, because of the curry flavor. If anyone tries this, I recommend going with beachgal's modifications (steaming fresh broccoli, sauteing chicken, upping curry amount) - we both enjoy Indian food so eating something with the flavor of curry hit the spot.

Not-so-successful experiments have been the breakfast egg cups - they are OK when first made but not so great (in our opinion) when reheated the next day.

Here's to a great week! :D

Ruthxxx
03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Gettinittogether, congratulations! That's an excellent loss for the first week! adding in teh strawberries will be great - sort of a Phase 1.25.

Christian, I'm glad to see you back. You have had a difficult time but now is YOU time. :grouphug:

LitChick, 7.5 is a great Phase I losds too. :cheer: As to recipes, if you like hot stuff, you'll probably like the Ethiopian Chicken, Salsa Chicken, Spicy Pork and my Tex-Mex Pork chops. All of these are tried and true recipes and are stickies in the Phase I Entree Section. (I'm having the Tex Mex chops tonight. I make single serving meals and freeze them for later. I love my "stash".)

ksk571
03-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Hello All!

Today is my first day on Phase 1. I am veggie challenged, and I absolutely hate all varieties of fish. I'm nervous that I won't be able to stay on this plan and am not sure I totally understand what I'm supposed to be doing. I'll be reading through many of the SB threads today. Is there anyone else that can't stand fish? Do you eat mostly chicken instead?

Thanks!
Karen

ciarasmommy2005
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone. I almost had my 2 weeks on Phase 1 under my belt, but then went on a 4 day binge. Bad me. Today I am back at it Phase 1, for another 2 weeks. Hopefully some of the different recipes here can help me out. Can anyone offer suggestions for recipes for 2, 1 of which being a 1 yr. old. My hubby is gone during the week and I find it hard to make alot of this stuff do to some of the ingredients and spices, with the baby. Of course, the baby is by no means on a diet, she gets other foods to go with this stuff, but I hate to make one main dish for me and then another thing completely for her. Any help would be appreciated. Good luck to everyone and hopefully this will be a great week.

jennimarie
03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Hello all! I am on day 5 of Phase 1. Still keeping strong! I have never really used a scale because I am scared of them but today I plan to purchase one! Do I weigh myself weekly?

Ruthxxx
03-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Ksk571, don't tell anyone but I really don't like fish either. However, there are lots of options - check out the Phase I Food List in the FAQ. I'm veggie challenged too but eat lots now, especially with hummus as a dip.

Ciarasmommy, :welcome: and congrats on nearly having Phase I under your belt. Lots of the recipes can be cut in half and most of them are fine frozen and reheated too. Perhaps some of the other mums with young kids can help you out.

Jennimarie, you really will be able to assess how this plan works by the way your clothes fit if you have scale phobia. If you do get a scale, weigh yourself at home on the same day each week, first thing in the morning after potty and naked as possible. Good for you on completing day 5.

WakeMeForSummer
03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
day 9 on Phase 1 !! YAY!! Has anyone stayed on phase 1 longer then 2 weeks? What about 3 weeks?

Bauhaus Betty
03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Is anyone else having problems restarting SB and losing weight? I followed SB for about 6 months in 2005 and lost 35 pounds without any problem. I restarted Phase 1 on February 26 of this year and I've lost nothing so far.

I didn't expect anything as dramatic as before, but geez this is frustrating.

ciarasmommy2005
03-13-2007, 04:03 PM
I hope I don't encounter those problems as I get frustrated and give up easily. Good luck on your continued journey and I hope you start to lose. Are you noticing a change in the way your clothes fit or anything?

Christian
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Betty- Hang in there, I am sure you have lost inches, sometimes that is alot better than pounds, check it out and see, You may be pleasently suprised :D

ciarasmommy2005
03-13-2007, 11:06 PM
I went a little overboard with nuts tonight, so I am kind of disappointed in myself tonight. I did so much better last time. I will have to nip this in the bud if I'm ever gonna make it.

gettinittogether
03-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Good Morning Phase 1 people. I am always on the out look for new recipes. Here is a recipe I am going to try. I was cruising around on another site and saw this. There were 12 pages worth of comments. All good ones. One lady says her hubby lost 40 lbs. and ate these every morning instead of his Sandies that he used to eat. I plan on making these this morning. I read that they are MUCH better after they get cold. Store them in the fridge.

Cream Cheese Muffins

Very easy, quick, and everyone loves them!

2 8oz. pks. philadelphia cream cheese (You can use 1/3 less fat kind)
1/2 cup sweetener (I use spenda)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Soften cream cheese about 40 seconds in microwave. Add other ingredients. Beat with mixer till smooth. Pour into 12 muffin pans lined with the papers. Bake at 350 for 20 min.
Some people sub DaVinci syrups in place of the Splenda. Use 1/3 cup of DaVinci in place of the Splenda. These muffins will fall in the middle after they are baked. They might be ugly, but boy are they good . Just put a spoonful of diet jelly on them if you like.

Ruthxxx
03-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Let us know how they work out. I assume the recipe is for 12 servings?

ciarasmommy2005
03-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Sounds yummy. I may have to try that out soon. Can't wait to hear how you liked them. Is it 1 muffin per serving? If so, how filling were they?

Seattlejo
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm new to the beach but not new to 3 Fat Chicks.

I'm on day three of week one and finding this odd side affect. I'm not hungry!
Is this normal or am I weird?

I'll be honest that I'm not doing well about making sure I eat breakfast and all the snacks, as thats just not how I eat. Here is what my meal plan has looked like so far.

Monday
1.5 egg omelet with ham and cheese
Coffee

Snack
V8

Lunch
Salad with chicken breast, cucumbers , tomatoes and broccoli, hardboiled egg

Dinner
Chicken broth with garlic
Chicken breast
Spinach

Tuesday
Breakfast
Coffee

Lunch :
Big Salad with chicken breast, cucumbers , tomatoes and broccoli, cottage cheese and marinated mushrooms

Dinner:
Pork Chop, Spinach

Snack:Sugar Free Jello.

This morning I didnt have much beyond coffee for breakfast, because I'm feeling "full" almost to the point of feeling bloated. I'll have lunch in a little bit, but I'm just not really hungry.

ksk571
03-14-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm on day 3 of Phase 1 also, but I'm having the opposite problem. I have been feeling weak, I'm guessing from hunger. I don't feel hungry, but sometimes I get a little weak feeling. I'm also getting a little of salads (I'm veggie challenged) and eggs. I did try the taco bake recipe last night, and I really liked it. It seemed to break up the monotony!

Here's what I've been having

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs cooked with green and red peppers and onions.
2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
1 small can of tomato juice

Snack:
Part-skim mozzarella stick or 20 peanuts

Lunch:
Tossed salad made with Romaine Lettuce, Green and Red Peppers, Onion, Cucumber and Tomato
SB Italian Dressing (from the store)
Either chicken breast, sirloin burger, or taco bake

Snack:
Celery with Lite Laughing Cow cheese

Dinner:
Tossed salad made with Romaine Lettuce, Green and Red Peppers, Onion, Cucumber and Tomato
SB Italian Dressing (from the store)
Either chicken breast, sirloin burger, or taco bake

Dessert:
Sugar-free Fudgsicle Pop

I also have 1 - 2 Diet Sunkist drinks as well as water throughout the day.

I've been researching different recipes throughout the day to try to find some variation. My problems is that I work 2 jobs and haven't had much time to try new recipes. I am thinking about trying some new veggies. (Note: I also have a texture issue with my food!) I'm wondering how everyone fixes asparagus and what eggplant tastes like? Also, Ruth mentioned Hummus...what exactly is that, how does it taste, and where would I find it?

Thanks!
Karen

beachgal
03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm new to the beach but not new to 3 Fat Chicks.

I'm on day three of week one and finding this odd side affect. I'm not hungry!
Is this normal or am I weird?

I'll be honest that I'm not doing well about making sure I eat breakfast and all the snacks, as thats just not how I eat. Here is what my meal plan has looked like so far.
...This morning I didnt have much beyond coffee for breakfast, because I'm feeling "full" almost to the point of feeling bloated. I'll have lunch in a little bit, but I'm just not really hungry.

:welcome3: SeattleJo! No, you're not weird! :hug: Eating this kind of food can make you feel really full at first if you're used to eating lots of simple carbs and little protein or fiber. However, it *will* taper off and you'll find yourself very hungry (and apt to cheat) if you don't get used to the pattern of eating six small meals, every three hours or so to keep your blood sugar level. Did you read the book? If so, you'll know Dr. A's rationale about it being easier to stave off a blood sugar drop than to deal with one after it happens. That couldn't be more true, sadly. :rolleyes: I'm a ravenous beast when my sugar drops. :o

So, try to get in something in the morning (even if it's just a small slice of low fat cheese or a small handful of soynuts). Make sure your snacks include something to eat (not just a drink, like V8), and a combo of protein and veggies will make you most full and make the fullness last the longest. Just eat small portions if you're still feeling full...but getting into the habit of eating six times a day will help you when the fullness wears off. :yes:

Glad to have you with us on the beach! :sunny:

beachgal
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm on day 3 of Phase 1 also, but I'm having the opposite problem. I have been feeling weak, I'm guessing from hunger. I don't feel hungry, but sometimes I get a little weak feeling. I'm also getting a little of salads (I'm veggie challenged) and eggs. I did try the taco bake recipe last night, and I really liked it. It seemed to break up the monotony!

...I've been researching different recipes throughout the day to try to find some variation. My problems is that I work 2 jobs and haven't had much time to try new recipes. I am thinking about trying some new veggies. (Note: I also have a texture issue with my food!) I'm wondering how everyone fixes asparagus and what eggplant tastes like? Also, Ruth mentioned Hummus...what exactly is that, how does it taste, and where would I find it?

Thanks!
Karen

Hey, Karen! :welcome: to the beach! The 'weak feeling' could be just a result of detoxing from sugar, but it could be other things, too. If you still have it after five days, consult your doctor, okay? Most people have detoxed by the fifth day. You can also feel weak or tired from dehydration (drink lots of water!), from lack of protein, or from letting your blood sugar drop. You're making sure you eat about ever three hours, right?

Hummus is delicious! It's a middle-eastern dip made from pureed chickpeas, sesame paste (tahini), olive oil, lemon, garlic, and some spices. You can get a ton of different flavors--my favorite is the roasted red pepper one, which is a little sweet. You can find it in the dairy sectoin of any grocery store; it's very common and popular. It's a wonderful dip for veggies because it not only has protein, it has good fats! :cloud9:

The number 1 complaint we hear about SBD is that people can't take all those salads! I find that too funny because I rarely eat salads--in fact, I'm having two this week and it's the first time I've done that in years! Try having leftovers from dinner for your lunch, and if you don't have time, you can either pick up pre-cleaned veggies in a bag in the produce department (you can often even microwave them in the bag!) or frozen veggies. There's tons of great things you can do with them!

I love to add a little soy sauce (low sodium), sesame oil (good fat), and garlic powder to veggies with an asian influence (I get a package for P2 that has broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, water chestnuts, and edamame (soy beans). It's delicious that way! :T

My mom makes this amazing sauce for asparagus...if the asparagus isn't cleaned, just take each piece in your hands and snap off the bottom. Whereever it snaps is the right place to snap it--that part is tough so throw it away. Then microwave the asparagus (best way to retain nutrients) for a couple minutes, checking until they are just tender and bright green. To make the sauce, combine low fat or fat free sour cream with dijon mustard, grated parmesan cheese, and seasonings (I use Lawry's seasoning salt in P2 or plain salt in P1, garlic powder, and pepper). I'm sorry I don't have exact measurements of how much of each thing to add...we all just toss them in a dish and add until it tastes right! :shrug: I usually start with a 1/2 cup of sour cream, add dijon until just spicy enough, and add enough parmesan so it's still creamy (not too thick). It's fantastic on asparagus!!! :love:

Hope that helps...glad to have you with us here on the beach! :sunny:

annarenee
03-14-2007, 05:28 PM
ksk571 If you have food texture issues, you might have a problem with hummus. I've had those texture issues too, and I had a problem with hummus. Just an FYI :)

Christian
03-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Day 3 here and all is well, Felt sluggish but the weight is coming off and I feel good about that...gonna try to make the taco bake this weekend and some sf jello for dessert tonight, Hope you all have a great rest of the phase, We can do this :cheer:

LitChick
03-14-2007, 08:03 PM
ksk, have you made any changes to your caffiene intake, cutting out sodas or coffee? That affected me when I started, as I was used to having at least two cups of coffee in the morning and at least a couple sodas throughout the day.

One of my favorite ways to eat veggies is roasted - I used to include red potatos but now I exclude them (perhaps when I start P2 I'll put in some sweet potatos), but anyway, I cut up zucchini, summer squash, red pepper, and onions, toss with a little bit of olive oil and then sprinkle with this spice mixture:

1tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp black pepper

Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 25 minutes. Very tasty!

I haven't been exactly following plan the last couple days, although I haven't been eating taboo foods either. Hubby and I have been sick, and have spent most of the last couple days in bed and when we're up, neither of us is all that hungry. So the foods I'm eating are legal, I just haven't been eating the prescribed amount. I did go to the doctor today for my two week followup (after being told at my last visit that I was prediabetic), and according to them, I've lost 12 pounds in that time - yay me! I'm still going to stick with my scale though, and just go by that. I just can't wait to start feeling a difference with my clothes.

gettinittogether
03-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Well I made the cheese muffins this morning. I had to try one warm. Didn't care for it warm. I tried another one which had been in the fridge all day. Just like everyone said they are really good cold. It's like a cheese cake somewhat. They are not real big but are dense. I would think one for a morning snack would be great with a cup of coffee. I read where one lady said she ate all 12 in a day so she wasn't going to make anymore. If you have portion control problems be sure to bag them up separate in baggies. I read where you can also freeze them. I would think a couple in the morning with a couple of slices of turkey bacon would be something good and different for breakfast. They are a keep in my books.:D

ciarasmommy2005
03-14-2007, 11:15 PM
gettinittogether~did you use the paper muffin liners when you made them? any problems with them sticking?

Today has been a pretty good day. I made some of the quiche cups this afternoon. Had two for lunch and put the others in the freezer. I did have a problem with them though. They stuck to the paper baking cups, which I had sprayed very well with butter cooking spray.

gettinittogether
03-15-2007, 07:56 AM
It calls for the paper ones but I just don't ever trust them for not sticking. I used the foiled ones and I sprayed them with Pam lightly. I did see pictures of these where they were baked in paper ones and that is what it calls for so maybe they do fine. :)

ksk571
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
The 'weak feeling' could be just a result of detoxing from sugar, but it could be other things, too. If you still have it after five days, consult your doctor, okay? Most people have detoxed by the fifth day. You can also feel weak or tired from dehydration (drink lots of water!), from lack of protein, or from letting your blood sugar drop. You're making sure you eat about ever three hours, right?

ksk, have you made any changes to your caffiene intake, cutting out sodas or coffee? That affected me when I started, as I was used to having at least two cups of coffee in the morning and at least a couple sodas throughout the day.

Before starting SB, I was already doing a "good" carb, high protein, higher fat diet. I have been doing very low caffeine intake for the past several years. I have moments (some of the larger than others;) ) where I fall back into old patterns and have sugar, caffeine, and "bad" carbs for a few days/weeks. Usually I don't have any of these problems when I return back to my way of eating except that it's harder to start losing each time (Darned yo-yo dieting! :D ) The main thing that is different for me is the lower fats. I was used to using heavy cream, cream cheese and sour cream in a lot of dishes. That helped me in eating more veggies....amazing how better veggies taste when they are mixed with a ton of sour cream! :dizzy: (I'm going to miss my cauliflower cooked like party potatoes!)

I read You:On a Diet and now SB, and decided I would rather focus on eating healthy instead of focusing just on losing weight. I thought I was eating until full, but maybe I've been eating until I can't stomach the salad, eggs, etc anymore. I'll have to watch to see if maybe I'm not eating enough.

Hummus is delicious! It's a middle-eastern dip made from pureed chickpeas, sesame paste (tahini), olive oil, lemon, garlic, and some spices. You can get a ton of different flavors--my favorite is the roasted red pepper one, which is a little sweet. You can find it in the dairy sectoin of any grocery store; it's very common and popular. It's a wonderful dip for veggies because it not only has protein, it has good fats!

ksk571 If you have food texture issues, you might have a problem with hummus. I've had those texture issues too, and I had a problem with hummus. Just an FYI

Thanks for the info! I ran to the grocery store last night to pick up more lettuce and a few other things to try. I've been looking for the different flavored varieties of the Lite Laughing Cow cheese (can't find anything but plain) and I saw the hummus next to it. I picked up one that was roasted tomato something or other. I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully won't have the texture issues you mentioned.

The reason I eat so many salads is because I don't care for much of anything else. I will be trying some of the ideas that beachgal and LitChick suggested! Hopefully I will find something that I like!

I'm also going to have to try the cream cheese muffins (I have a similar recipe with a few no-no ingredients that I loved - and also not good warm!) and the quiche cups for my breakfasts!

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!
Karen

Seattlejo
03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Coffee is one of my weaknesses. I've been sticking with 1 cup in the morning and then going for decaf the rest of the day. Though last night and this morning are exceptions. Last night I had coffee as i was working on homework. Next time I'll buy a bottle of water from there instead.
And this morning I finished half of my normal drip then went for a free fill up at Starbucks as its free coffee day.

Caffiene really is one of my stumbling blocks. I gave it up for lent last year, and wonder if its time to revist its hold on me.

On the other hand, I am facing a potluck today that I made corned beef and cupcakes for. Didnt lick the beaters, didnt lick the sugar off my fingers , didnt delve off plan at all

:carrot:

AdiaFaith
03-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Congratulations to you Seattlejo! Not even licking the spoon? BRAVO! :bravo:

Beachgal and I have long since agreed on "the salad factor" of this
diet. :D I don't officially begin P1 again until April 1st, but we've
been slowly working into it. Right now, I eat salad once or twice a
week because my best friend is doing this with me and she doesn't enjoy
many vegetables either. This girl doesn't like tomatoes, cucumbers,
broccoli, cauliflower, nothing! :fr: It's going to be tough, I know.

Anyway, I digress, salad on P1 for me is an "in an emergency situation"
fix. I understand about being too busy, believe me. 2 jobs, plus
college, plus husband, plus household. :faint: Life is busy! :dizzy: However, life isn't going to change just because we are putting on a few too
many pounds and need time to do something about it....(in fact, it may get worse!).

If you pop in here on a Sunday morning, you'll find a number of us in
the daily chat talking about what are cooking plans for the day are. :chef:
Many of us shop Saturdays, cook Sundays, and eat the rest of the week. :high:
Freezing individual portions is so very helpful for me. If you have a
family, freeze dinner! If you have to defrost more of something in
order to eat seconds, you're more likely to say no. Have a cup of tea
instead. :cofdate:

If you enjoy salad, great! Eat lots and enjoy! :hun: However, if you start
to get bored seriously take into consideration the cooking one day of
the week method. If Sunday doesn't work for you, find a day that
does.

Meals constantly in my freezer:
Broccoli-Cheese soup
Black Bean Soup
Taco Bake
Protein-Packed Breakfast Cheesecake cups
Pepper-Lime Marinated Dump Chicken

I toss new stuff in every week, but these are staples. DH loves certain SBD recipes as well. Many of the ones posted in this forum are easy to prepare, taking no more than 30 minutes usually. Some of our favorites:
Feta Chicken Bake (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53545&highlight=feta+chicken)
Almond Dijon Chicken (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61734)
Egg Crepe Manicotti
Cauliflower "Popcorn"

BTW, on the Breakfast cheesecake cups that some of you were
discussing....they do not taste good warm, but are wonderful chilled!
I take one out of the freezer the night before and put it in the
fridge. They go wonderfully with a latte!

On ways to prep veggies I have two words: BALSAMIC VINEGAR! I love
anything roasted, and especially roasted with balsamic vinegar!
Mmmmm.....

Ok, stepping down from the soapbox now. :soap: You may now throw tomatoes,
but I think we'd do better eating them! ;)

Ruthxxx
03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow! Look at the great stuff in this thread. Talk about support and ideas!
:cheer:

Barb0522
03-15-2007, 05:12 PM
One of my favorite veggies to fix is to stir fry some chunks of cabbage and red onion slices in a little olive oil and top it with Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette. It is almost the same as what is described in teh Pork and Pepper Salad recipe in the cookbook (just minus the pork and the peppers :) ). It tastes almost sweet and I often make it when I fix a veggie for my son that I don't like. He can eat lima beans and I'll eat my cabbage/onions.

Seattlejo
03-16-2007, 01:06 PM
So now that I've weighed in and registered a loss I understand why people people consider extending phase 1. To step on the scale this morning and read a 7lb loss was amazing.

I'd planned with three weeks of phase 1, then I'll go into phase 2 adding an item back a week and seeing how it works. I also think I'll try adding in some exercise this week to help sustain this weeks loss and nudge next weeks along.

gettinittogether
03-16-2007, 03:49 PM
I made the taco bake the other evening. Acutally I made it that morning and then transfered it to the crock pot for the afternoon. It was SO good!!! I had to fudge a little and use some Enchilada sauce instead of the tom. paste. If you like Mexican dishes you'll like this!:D The recipe is under phase one main dishes I think.

ciarasmommy2005
03-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I loved the taco bake, but my hubby didn't like it much.

Ruthxxx
03-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm starting a Phase I Thread for the coming week. Monday seems like the start of the week, right?

Christian
03-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Sounds good to me :D One week down and one more to go...then fruit :lol: