Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #239!

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #239!

Marti
03-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles,:woops: and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

tommysgirl18
03-10-2007, 03:56 AM
just popping in to tell every one to have a great weekend!

jules1216
03-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Going to go to my 19 year old niece's baby shower today--my SIL asked me to do the games. There was a great thread on here that gave me a few ideas. It should be fun.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

karin
03-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi all: Just here to say hello and have a great weekend !!

I'm on pager duty, but I'm hoping it's a quiet weekend. :D But I have to stay close to the house, so I'm going to look around the other forums and see what looks good.

Started low carbing today. Had a cheddar omlette for breakfast. My hubby agreed last night to also low carb, but then he went to breakfast with co-workers this morning... I hope he remembered. ;)

Jane
03-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Just a quick one to tell everyone hello. A big :welcome2: to Karin.

My sister Maggie came out for coffee this morning, and we had a good time talking about the old days when we were kids, lol.

I have a healthy salad planned for lunch later that includes salad greens, a few chopped walnuts, some dried cranberries, 2 oz. cooked chicken, and a lot of baby tomatoes, green peppers and cucumbers. Mmmmmm!!

But before that, I want to sweep off the front porch and get the furniture cleaned up on the patio. I also want to wash up some blankets and hang them out to dry. The sun is out and the temp is rising - WooHoo!! Another day outdoors for me. The birds are going crazy making nests already, and are chattering away. It's music to my ears. :)

What're your plans for the day?

Marti
03-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Good Morning Ladies! :wave:

:welcome: to Karin! Glad to have you a part of our group. Looking forward to getting to know you more.

This is a quicky ladies.....DD is sick this weekend and I want to make sure I'm handy if she needs me. There is a bug that is going around and SO many people have it!

Just wanted to say Mornin' to you all!

I will chat when I have more time.

Have a great weekend!!

4amy
03-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Sounds like everyone is keeping busy and active!Sorry i wasn't around yesterday but i was out of town.i didn't get my regular workout in but i spent 4-5 hourS buzzing around malls.today my workout so far is washing walls and floors and cleaning out closets.Doesn't the spring approaching just get everyone in the mood for cleaning.I am still on track with my diet.i am going to try hard to get the scale down for monday.have a great day everyone!!KEEP MOVING!!:carrot: :carrot:

tommysgirl18
03-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I love that the weatherbug on the computer is saying that it is 50 degrees out today. And the best part of all, is that the snow is almost gone!!!!

Marti~ I hope Jhanai gets better soon!

FrouFrou
03-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Hello ladies...

Forgot what was on the last thread and not really wanting to make notes right now, sorry. But...

TINA...about painting before moving in...I wish we were going to be able to paint the new house before moving in but they won't let us in early. It doesn't need to be painted, since it is a new house and they already painted. But we want to make it ours and will just have to paint around the boxes, lol.

SUE...:woohoo: to your first showing already! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that it sells quick! :crossed:

MARTI...sorry to hear Jhanai is feeling bad, hope she gets better soon. :hug:

JANE...it is supposed to be near 70 here today! Unfortunately I will be stuck inside all day packing. Put a dent in it yesterday and got Josh's room all packed and out to the garage. Did my closet and little things around there and most of the linen closet. Today working on the rest of the linen closet, except for the towels the kids are using (ours are in our bath) and the kitchen. Going to get everything in the kitchen except for the few dishes we will need and can't live without. Glad you had a nice visit with your sis.

MINDEE...V is working today also. He's going to work all the overtime he can since he will be taking most of the week off when we move.

JULES...I have not been to a baby shower in years! But they are fun and I hope you guys have a GREAT time!

4AMY...good for you for staying on track with your eating! I'd have to say a 4 hour walk in the mall is plenty of exercise! Hope you have a great WI!

HI KARIN...an omelet sounds so good right now. Glad hubby is going to low carb it with you. It's always nice having the support.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Well, as I mentioned to Jane, I am spending this beautiful day indoors today packing, it's gotta be done unfortunately and soon. :( But I did make time for my exercise. Was so tired the last two days I didn't get to it but made a point of getting it done first. Did my 2 mile WATP and a mile on the treadmill. I don't want my exercise to suffer because of moving but I know as it gets to the actual moving part it will. I will be too pooped to do anything so will have to stay OP for sure. Anyway...just wanted to say Hi and wish everyone a very happy weekend!

onmyown
03-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Quick note ~ I'm off to hollywood! ;) My daughters. So I hope to eat properly and I just might not be able to drink as much....in the car for 5 hours and don't want to pull over 20 times. I guess I could always buy some of those astronaut diapers. LOL!

I'll be back tomarrow! I'll let you know if I see any movie stars! :)

Tina

sz2atheart
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Finally we have wonderful weather today...in the mid 60's. I've already taken the boys (my two pups) for two long walks and just finished vacuming. Don't know what we will do the rest of the weekend considering that we blew $8500 on countertops last night. I may spend some time on the net searching for some new cabinet pulls to pull the entire update of the kitchen together but since I've blown the entire capital budget for the year, might have to stay with the old ones. If I replace them, I'll need 48...ouch!! Just think, I could have had my eyes done for less than the amount for the countertops. I told dh that I wanted the old bags removed from my eyes for my 50th b-day, so hopefully I'll use next year's bonus $$ for that. DH won't go into debt for most things so I have to wait for his yearly bonus or the tax return.

Hope everyone's weekend is wonderful. Talk to ya'll later!

FED up
03-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Hello Ladies! :wave: I hope this finds everyone in good health!

:comp: I haven't been able to get online much this week---2 brand new computers in the house, and neither was acting right! I ended up taking one to Best Buy, and after a diagnostic check they determined that the RAM needed to be replaced! First Gateway I've ever owned, and after only 3 weeks, it crashed! I sure hope I didn't waste my money with that! :(

:coach: My husband and I have started bowling again, after taking off for 8 years. We plan on joining a summer league, but started practising last weekend. Well, I made a mistake of using a 14 pound ball...I used to use a 16, but had Carpal Tunnel Release surgery in both wrists 2 years ago, so I was a little paranoid to cause stress to the wrists....turns out the 14 # ball was too heavy..but not for my wrists...for my shoulder. I'm not giving up though. I bowled today with a 12 # and that worked out for me.

:( My shoulder is really bothering me, to the point where it's been hard to use my right arm to drive my car! I have been desperately trying to get it better all week, from ice packs, to heat patches, to excersizing it, but nothing is helping. I haven't been able to sleep very well at night, :tired: due to being a side sleeper and I can't sleep on that side! Does anyone know of any miracles?? :shrug: I refuse to let this stop me from doing any activities, but the pain is sometimes excrutiating! :stars:

:carrot: My girls and I are still doing Curves together. They go on Tues and Thurs evenings, but I like to go early in the morning on MOn, Wed, and Friday. They like me to do the routines with them, so guess what? I went all 5 days last week, and it didn't even feel like it! I think what I like about Curves is that to do the whole routine, is only about 30 minutes----hardly any time at all, and it's worth 30 minutes a day to get in shape!

Bandmom1011
03-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Good evening everyone.

We went to an electronics store today and they had a line of expensive massage chairs that people could try out. My daughter and I got in them. Of course without realizing it I chose the one called King Kong and it was like $2,500! Oh my! I got worked over- lol. Had had some knots in my back that it hurt while getting worked out but my back feels so much better- lol. I got a free 15 massage. I told my hubby it would be worth driving down there once a month for a free massage. I am sure we looked silly to the shoppers walking by, we were laughing and having a good time.
I stopped by Walmart to get the 1, 2 and 3 miles WTP dvd I had seen. They don't have it anymore, it's been replaced by the 3 and 4 mile walk with a stretch band. Was only $13, so I went ahead and got it. My goal was to get 2 miles of the 3 done, but it was so fast paced I just couldn't. I did do over a mile though.
I have surpassed my exercise in minutes goal for the week. I think I will step it up a little bit next week, but going to keep it reasonable. My cousin's wife is going to start walking with me one evening a week when I have to take my son into town for the community band he just joined, so that will help me with my goals and help her at the same time :-)

Ok, I am outta here. Have a good Sunday.

Michelle
03-11-2007, 01:35 AM
:wave: LADIES~

I'm still hanging in there, just have been having a hard week with missing my mom. It's been rainy, dark and gloomy, and it always seems to do that to me.:( Oreo go her cast off on Wednesday morning, and she was so happy and full of energy. I bet it felt so good to her to be free again. Today DH and I just went out to lunch and grocery shopping. I have slowly started back with my WATP, but can only do 1 mile right now. I hope all of you are doing good and have a wonderful weekend!!:hug:

tommysgirl18
03-11-2007, 03:34 AM
hello ladies!

just popping in real quick since I need to get to bed. we are taking the boys to Autorama on Sunday. (it is a car show, but mainly for old cars) they are going to have a life size Lightning McQueen and Mater from the movie "Cars" so they are looking forward to that. we went out tonight and they ended up getting cowboy hats. I will have to get them uploaded onto the computer so I can let you guys see my cheese balls.

Brandon just got up, so unfortunately I have to cut this short. Right now, he is laying on the couch, but I am not exactly sure how much longer he will stay that way.

Bandmom1011
03-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Good Morning everyone!

The sun is shining and it's a warm 39* haha. I hope it's going to be a beautiful day. Not sure what we are going to do, no plans so far. Since we ran around all afternoon yesterday we will prob just stay home.
Would like to clean up my little garden area where I have my swing and a little path but it is currently under water, so can't do that. oh well :-)

Nothing going on- just wanted to wish you all a Happy Sunday!!!!

ChantyKitty
03-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi

I've joined here not too long ago.I started counting my WW points again.The last time was in January.I Haven't been to WW since December 2006.I go and I stop,go and stop.Each time I gain 1 pound I get scared and I stop going to WW.I will go get weighed tomorrow.Whatever happends I will continue going each week.I am a lifetime member.Way back in 1999 I reached my goal of 130 pounds.I stopped going and now in March 2007 I weigh 280pounds.I'm not giving up!I want to be happy and have a healthy lifestyle.When I fall down I get up again.:^:

karin
03-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well today...

So far have been able to stick to the low carb... of course, it's only been 24 hours!! :carrot: But I realized this morning that I don't have a scale. :p My hubby hated the last one we had, so we ditched it in our move last July (Christina: I feel your pain -- we are still unpacking ;) ). My start weight is based on what I weighed at my doctor's office 2 weeks ago... minus 5 lbs (because they are always 5 lbs heavier than any other scale).

So what do you all recommend for someone that gets depressed if the needle isn't moving in the right direction? I could go to Publix and weigh myself there once a week, although it's public and I don't know if it's that accurate. But I see alot of people weighing themselves there all the time.

Also if you all have a recommendation on a good home scale, please pass it on.

-Karin

karin
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Welcome ChantyKitty... I should have hit refresh before posting so I could have said hello! ;)

I get depressed also, but like you said, we must not give up.

Marti
03-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Good Morning girls!! :wave:

Welcome chantykitty!! Happy to have you a part of our group!! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Well ladies, I don't have a lot of time to spend on here so I'm going to make this short, just wanted to check in. DD is feeling much better today even though yesterday she was a wreck. Poor thing.

Jodi--I love the advatar!! A face to a name is always fun!!

Ok, I better get moving.....I have some cleaning up to do, but I will try to get on here later on tonight and catch up with you all!!

See ya then!

Bandmom1011
03-11-2007, 06:16 PM
:welcome: Chantykitty!!! Never fear... we girls are here for you and we will help you do this!!!

Hi to everyone

jules1216
03-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Marti--thanks for stopping in!!

Karin & ChantyKitty--welcome!!

Jodi--it is nice to have a face with the name--one day I promise to get one up....

Mindy--DH would love to go to that show--he loves old cars--we have been to a big shows in DC.

Fedup--my 74 year old mom joined a bowling league and loves it, she has gotten so social since retiring--belongs to several groups and is having so much fun.

Michelle--sorry you are missing your mom!!

Tine--have fun with the girls!!

sz2atheart--60's sounds great

4amy--I have been more sore doing the wash the walls down semi-spring cleaning type housework days than working out sometimes!!

I really had fun at the baby shower yesterday--she got alot of stuff which was good because she didn't have much. Her Dad usually spoils her but he is mad that she got pregnant before she finished school, but I am sure he will come around. She got a huge smile when he walked through the door.

Well, I gotta go, hi to Vann,Jane, Sassy (where are you BTW), sue, Cristina and anyone I may have missed our little group sure is growing...more to love!!

Jane
03-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Judy - I could've written that paragraph about your shoulder exactly as you did! I don't know what happened to my shoulder. It just started hurting Thursday morning when I got up, and has hurt so badly that I've been in tears at times. I put a heat patch on it and that helped for a while, but now it's right back to the same point it was, painwise. Ouch!

Marti - glad your Dd is better.

Amy - ah, I started my spring cleaning a few weeks ago, then got distracted by fun stuff. I still need to do my blinds and windows. And I need to line some drawers that never got lined when we moved in.

Mindee - did you have fun at the Autorama? My DGDs would love to see Mater.

Cristina - sounds like you got a lot done over the weekend. When's your actual move date?

Tina - hope you had fun in Hollywood, lol. I had to giggle at the idea of you in a astonaut diaper!

Tammy - everytime I get enough money to get my eyes done or have my boobs lifted, I take the family to go see Mickey Mouse, teehee. My 9th trip there is planned for next spring. I guess the family won't remember how young or old my eyes looked, after I'm gone, but they'll remember all the good times we had. I just can't believe the prices of cabinet door handles! But they really do make a difference, don't they? So what color countertop did you get?

Jodi - I absolutely love your avatar! You're a very pretty woman. Your plan with the cousin's wife sounds like a really good way to make sure you get your walking in.

Michelle - :hug:

ChantyKitty - :welcome2:

Karin - you could go get weighed at just about any health facility for free. Even the YMCA has a scale that you could use w/o being a member. I'd be sure and weigh at the same place each week, though, for consistancy. Just a thought. :)

Julie - Gina's friends are having a baby shower for her next month. I just love all the cool stuff they have for babies now.

As I told Judy, my shoulder is really messed up. If it keeps up, I'm going to make a doctor's appt.

Today I'm going to make cookie dough to chill so I can bake and decorate them later for Makenzie the 2nd grader's St. Patrick's Day cookies on Friday. St. Pat's Day is Sat. so they're celebrating it Fri. Anyway, she's spending the night Thursday after Gina's birthday party, and I'll be taking her (and the cookies) to school Fri.

It's supposed to be another pretty day, and although I should be cleaning, I'm going to spend as much of the day outside as possible. Not sure what I can get done, with this darn shoulder pain.

Have a good one, ladies!

FED up
03-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Hello Ladies! :wave:

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

~Hello Chantykitty~ I'm new here too, and everyone has been very friendly.

~Jane~ Sorry to hear about your shoulder! Mine is improving, but I have refused to let it stop me....I bowled on Saturday. It wasn't too bad. On Sat night I laid on the wrong side, and I felt my shoulder pop and it actually felt good! I started thinking that maybe I had dislocated it. I don't know, I've never dislocated anything before, but is it possible to have that and still use the arm? I wonder. But anyway, today it feels MUCH better. Just hurts when I move it certain ways.

~Karin~ I see a lot of people using the Publix scale...I've never done it myself, because I'm too embarrased! My scale at home seems just fine, and it's a digital from Walmart--It seems to agree with my dr's scale, but Curves is another story! I gain 3 pounds with theirs! How discouraging. :goodscale

~Well, everyone the temp is going to be in the 80's here, and I need to do some stuff in my garage that I"ve been procrastinating about :cry:
I just want to tell you all to http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w155/jjshaw2007/blink8302.gif!

onmyown
03-12-2007, 12:06 PM
I think as long as you have a good scale and you use the same one every time you weigh in you should be alright. Even if it's off a little over all you can tell you're losing weight on it. Another indicator would be to measure yourself all over and then add up the inches and do this maybe every month. A inch for every pound is good.

My trip went good. I didn't drink too much in the car but more than usual. And I hadn't weighed since last thursday and I was down 2.75 pounds. ;) Very exciting. Had a good trip visiting my daughter and enjoyed eating my chicken sandwish by the ocean on the pier. ;) That's the life.

tina

FrouFrou
03-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi ladies and a HAPPY MONDAY too!

Just a quickie for me right now but I will be back later today or this evening (I hope) to do individuals. Have another busy day of packing ahead of me, plus WW meeting.

I am happy to report a 2 pound loss this morning! :woohoo: Not to stick with it. I know it's going to be hard come next week when things get crazy.

Chat with ya's later! Have a great day ladies :flower1:

Marti
03-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Good Morning Gals!!

Just wanted to flyby again as I need to stop at a credit union before work.........don't know how much time I'm gonna need.

I will check in tonight and FINALLY catch up on my individuals!

But before I go....it's WI day and I lost another pound. :)
With the last couple weeks only losing .5lbs (with a stall or a gain) losing a whole pound is fantastic.

Monday is starting off on the right foot! :D

Catch up w/you all tonight.

bye :wave:

karin
03-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Hope everyone's week is starting off right! :goodluck:

I have to say that I'm in a much better mood today than I have been on a Monday in a loooooong time. I truly believe it is because I feel I'm on the right track, and I have you ladies to thank.

I've been wanting to start over again for about a year now, but never seemed to have the strength to start. Then I found this website and saw all the encouragement and the successful weight tickers --> it was so inspirational to me to see people with same amount as me to lose (or more) and they are actually doing it... I finally got off my butt and started!

I also plan to start walking today... give an extra boost to the diet. ;)

Thanks for the scale feedback... I think I'll run to target today and pick up one after work.

Many thanks again!
Karin

4amy
03-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone.Well my weigh in was a little disappointing.:( I stayed the same:?: .i was hoping for a loss but i guess i'll have to wait for next weeks weigh in for that.congrats to the ones who have lost this week.have a great day everyone.:carrot: :)

onmyown
03-12-2007, 03:25 PM
It's ok Amy ~ hang in there! Every day is a new day and every hour is a new hour! ;) You can do this even if it's taking one hour at a time.
tina

suetalks
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Quick pop in...We are packing and will board the plane at 6:30 in the morning. Luckily it is warm in IN.
I have walked almost every day the past week, and feel pretty good. BUT I will find out Winter's damage when I weigh at home. :(

See you all tomorrow or Wed. "Back Home Again in Indiana"

Bandmom1011
03-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Sue- Are you looking forward to getting back home? Don't let the number on the scale get you down when you get here, just jump back on the wagon and you know we will all be there forever.

Amy- Staying the same is good too, I know it can be frustrating, but hey, at least it's not a gain. You will get there :-)

Jane- Thanks for the comment on my avatar. Sometimes it feels good to be told positive things about yourself.

I went to town and walked with my mom for 50 min. It felt good, and I kept up with her fast pace. Plus, she mentioned that my face was thinner and I looked thinner. I told her I had lost 10 lbs and was waiting for her to say something cause I knew she would when it was noticible. It helped give me a boost :-)

Have a good evening.

onmyown
03-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah Jodie! The 'momometer' worked. I know my mom is good about noticing things...good or bad...lol! I talked to my mom this morning and she had just got on the plane to fly back to her other house and my dad asked her how much weight I had lost and she's like shh ~ because she didn't expect me to lose since I traveled so much these past 2 days. And I said almost 3 pounds down this morning...and she's like wowwwww! ha! It's true ~ moms have this power to please.

Tina

4amy
03-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks onmyown and Jodi for the encourageing words.This place is great and the support here is what keeps me from falling off track.i'm already to start working on being down for next week.:)

Marti
03-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Good Evening Ladies!! :wave:

Let's see how well I can catch up!!

Amy--Staying the same on the scale for me, is something to be happy about. Tells me I'm at least maintaining and not gaining. Don't worry....we all lose at different speeds. I say WTG for maintaining!!

Mindee--When is that ultrasound scheduled? Did I miss it? Did you find out that you are INDEED having a girl?? :) Keep us posted and I'll keep thinking pink.

Tammy--I love reading about you budgetting things and comparing how you could get your eyes done! I want my tummy tucked......and not into my jeans either! :lol: I bet your kitchen looks beautiful. I love kitchens.....I want to someday have the perfect kitchen,.....for my hubby to cook up fantastic meals for me. :s:

Judy--I just think it's wonderful that your DD's are going to curves with you. I bet it really helps them knowing mom is there. Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I don't have any miracles for you...but I'll think good thoughts that it starts to feel better soon.

Cristina--I'm not looking forward to packing and moving. I really want to move...but the packing part can just be skipped! :lol: I should really start going through things and toss a bunch of stuff. No point in transferring junk we no longer need. I love your house...I would just LOVE to find a house like that around here. Keep your fingers crossed that we do.....and that we can afford it!

Jody--I think that's great that you'll start walking with your cousin. It's always nice to have an exercise buddy. Good way to stick with it. I'm getting ready to tune my bike....the weather here has been in the high 70's and I'm ready to visit the bike trails again.

Michelle--Sorry you're still feeling so down. Many hugs to you!! :hug:

Chantykitty--Hello and welcome!! I'm sure I've said that somewhere but wanted to make sure I said it again. :D You have a great attitude and I think you'll do great this time! We'll be cheering you on!!!

Karin--Hello to you too!! I'm a walker too! I hope you'll find the energy that you're looking for and also hope you find a good scale!

Jules--Baby showers are so fun!! I haven't been to one since my sister had her DD 4yrs ago. I'm glad her dad showed up and put a smile on her face.......this is a time when she needs him most. You know he'll just spoil that baby like crazy!!

Jane--The weather here is improving too! This weekend was gorgeous!! I love it. Jhanai was indoors not feeling good and I felt bad....but she told me to go outside and do something......so I mowed my lawn. I love to mow the lawn now that the crazy neighbor guy has moved and I don't have to worry about an audience!! :D Happy Birthday to Gina!!

Tina--WTG on the weightloss!! You're doing fantastic and soon you'll be reaching your goal weight!!

Sue--Have a safe trip home and take some time to enjoy that new house you built before you left before you come back to chat w/us!! Did you get a buyer for the Vegas home??

Hello to anyone else I have missed! Boy....we are growing! How great is that??

Well I'm still walking like crazy. I have upped the speed and incline once again. I think I need to focus more on my eating though. I'm getting carried away sometimes and then I feel bloated and unmotivated. I need to stock up my fridge w/more veggies.

Ok...It's about time that I get on the treadmill and work up a sweat.

You all have a great night!!

tommysgirl18
03-13-2007, 01:54 AM
hello ladies!

nothing new on this end......just waiting for the level II ultrasound. Tommy told Thumper that they had three days left before we find out if it is a boy or girl.

The Autorama was a lot of fun......and walking! I think the baby even moved down some cause I can sit on the floor easier, but it is a little tougher to get up off the floor. We met up with one set of the boys' (and Thumpers) godparents. While we were walking around, we ended up running into two of my four older sisters and their families. So, we stood and chatted with them for a little bit, then met back up with the boys' godparents before they left. Chip Foose and Chris Jacobs from TLC's Overhaulin' were there. We never went back to see them because the line was so fricken long.

Marti~ Nope, you haven't missed the ultrasound. It is this coming Thursday! Thanks for still thinking pink!!

Jules~ I have a folder full of pictures from Autorama because I downloaded the pics from the camera onto the laptop, and ended up with ALL the pictures that were on the memory card.

Jane~ Brandon loved seeing Mater up close. He got extremely excited when I pushed the stroller over so he could get a clear shot of what he was looking at. He wasn't too enthused with seeing Mcqueen.

Welcome Chantykitty!!!! I hope to get to know you soon!

sorry for those that I missed.....I am trying to get this done so I can head to bed before Brandon gets up. (keep your fingers crossed that he gets back into a sleeping schedule!)

Jane
03-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Good morning, ladies,

My shoulder is still hurting, and I'm going to make a doctor's appt. when my doc gets back from vacation, if the pain doesn't let up soon. The thing is, it will completely stop hurting, then out of the blue, start in again. Sheesh!

I don't have a plan for the day because I'm not sure what I can handle. But the temp is supposed to be about 72 today. I can live with that. :D Maybe I'll just sit on the patio with a tall glass of lemonade. :cool:

Sassy - thank you for the card.

Have a good day, everyone!

Bandmom1011
03-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Tina- I can't believe how much you have lost already! Great going. I figured my mom would be a little ticked cause I don't tell her too much stuff and she gets aggrivated with me, but when I told her about all you girls and how it was a plan not to tell her, she was laughing about it. She even helped me set my exercise goal in minutes this week. Wait til I tell her she is the "momometer" lol

Jane- Don't you just hate when you need the dr they are out of the office??? Well maybe you are sleeping on it wrong and causing it to flare up again? Hopefully it will stop so you don't have to pay for an office call.

Supposed to be in the high 70*'s here today. And then back down in the 40's for the weekend. Gotta love Indiana weather. I think I will go into town and walk again today. It sure goes faster than walking at home with the dvd. I told my mom I bought WATP dvd's over the weekend and she is totally confused as to why you need a dvd to walk. I tried explaining it. But heck she has a treadmill, it's almost the same concept. Oh and I broke down and bought the Just My Size Yoga dvd off of Ebay. I can't keep getting it from the library and I found out I had $4 in my paypal account for survey's I had completed the last couple of months that I didn't realize I had so that almost paid for the shipping- yeah! :-)
Have been sleeping a little better since starting my meds. Last night was bad, had a period of time where I couldn't fall back asleep and I was tossing and turning, but I was able to shut my mind off and fall asleep in like 15 min (when it was 45-60 mins) so I see improvements there!!! I am finding the last couple of days I am not exhausted all day, just in the later part of the evening now.

Have a good day ladies!!!!

Marti
03-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

I had a rough night! I think I've got what DD had and I feel miserable. I'm going to go ahead and go to work......but will probably come home early. I just have a severe feeling of nausea that I can't overcome. Uggghhh!!

Mindee--Ahh...Thursday! Ok....I will pester ya on Thursday then. :D

Jane--I really do hope your shoulder starts feeling better. Did this pain just start or have you had this probably for awhile?? Enjoy your weather!! We have sprinkles today.

Jodi--Glad that the medication is helping you. I have the WATP DVD's......I had a hard time doing them, meaning I couldn't stay motivated with them.(I just didn't enjoy it like I thought I would) That's the thing about buying stuff like that......you never know if it'll be something that you really enjoy.

Ok...I need to take a shower.....I hope that helps me here. Otherwise...I'm calling in.

Have a good day ladies.

karin
03-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Hello ladies,

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing... Here it is supposed to get to 79 degrees... I may have to turn the AC on if there is no breeze.

Doing well on the diet. I have offered to make dinner on Saturday for our "usual suspects", a group of 9. Two of them have birthdays this weekend. Am going to try to make something appropriate for diabetics (there are 2 in the group) and low carb for me and hubby, but tasty enough for the others... :?: This might be a tall order...

Hope all is well!

-Karin

Michelle
03-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Thank you Jules, Jane & Marti for your kindness, much appreciated.:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sassy...Thank you so much for the cute card! You are just the sweetest and most thoughtful friend!:hug:

Michelle
03-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Cristina...:congrat: on the 2 pound loss!! You're doing great!!!;)

Bandmom1011
03-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Cristina- I don't think I congratulated you on your weight loss! Keep a going!

Well I went to town and walked with my mom a whopping 70 minutes! I am so excited- look at my ticker- lol I have to work Wed and Thurs so I won't get much extra in probably on those days, just think, It's only Tues and I have accomplished sooo much- ME! lol Can you believe that?

tommysgirl18
03-14-2007, 03:26 AM
hello ladies! nothing really new here.....spent the day with the windows and front door open. It was 72 degrees here on Thursday! The boys are knocked out, so I guess that outside air did them some good.

Marti~ Yup, you can pester away on Thursday.

Jane~ I hope your shoulder stops hurting soon.

Cristina~ Congratulations on your weight loss!

Michelle~ I am not sure if I welcomed you to the group. So, welcome, and I hope to get to know you better!

Jodi~ you are doing great girl!! keep up that motivation!!!

Sassy_Chick
03-14-2007, 04:37 AM
Here I am! I will admit it, I've been a lurker lately. :( Just haven't felt up to posting, but I've been reading whenever possible.
I see we have a LOT of new people! :welcome2:

YW for the cards y'all. ;)

Weather's been gorgeous here, although I don't get to see a whole heck of a lot of it since I work nights. lol.

Nothing major's been going on here lately, just work. They are monitoring my boss though, so things are slowly changing for the better.......

That is about it for me. Sorry my life is not more exciting! lol.

Take care!

:hug:

Jane
03-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Good morning ladies,

Cristina - I missed your weight loss somehow! Great going!

Also a big CONGRATS to anyone else who is OP and/or exercising. I've been doing great with not eating in the evening, which is usually my worst time of day for overeating. And I've been getting exercise outside - working different muscles. My shoulder is better, btw. Not great, but better.

The temp got to 81 degrees yesterday! The DGDs and I looked for Indian beads in the rocks, and had a popsicle afterward. We each looked pretty dirty and grimy, lol.

Today I have to go to town for a couple of errands, and must do some laundry before I run out of clothes. The house needs cleaned, but I'm going to see if Mary wants to do it - I just don't have time, what with all the Indian bead hunting, etc., lol.

I'll try to bbl, :hug: <----- For each of you.

HappyMedium
03-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Hello Ladies! :grouphug:
Indiana weather - gotta luv it :carrot:
Went hiking at The Shades on Sunday & walked around town for an hour yesterday. Stairs + Thighs = Screaming
Been keeping my calories at bay and I think my hubby is getting into all this label-reading, too!
Someone mentioned fat free pudding as a sub for my ice cream dilema. (I'll try to get better at posting names...by the time I start typing, I can't remember who said what or what page I saw it on) Anywho I picked up pudding and jello, but I've been munching a couple handfulls of cereal in the evening...which is probably not any better.
Scalewise: from 166 to 168 TOM. Today 167 - it ain't over yet... :goodscale
Gotta go - my folks are coming. Senior Day at Ponderosa :D (Any salad I don't have to cut up is some tasty salad)
:trampo: - Jen

onmyown
03-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Jen hang in there.....it'll show up soon (the loss) ;)
Jane ~ I'm glad your neck is feeling somewhat better...my mom was having problems with her back...so bad she was falling down. And she went to have accupuncture done and now she's had 3 or 4 sessions and she swears by it. :P I might try it for my leg sometime.

Well guys...i'll make this short because i'm so tired. I didn't officially weigh in today because didn't have the time. But...I think I'm the same from my digital scale...although non reliable.

But It could be due to the fact I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Could've killed my DS last night and this morning...;P he waited until the last minute to finish writing a very important paper and I had to type it and design the cover for it and print out some photos...and OF COURSE the computer was freezing up and not cooperating because I was in a hurry and I got to bed at 2am and got up at 6am...so do the math...i'm exhausted. He had better get an A on that report. psh...unbelievable.

I ate right yesterday if not too little. Busy too much.

Going to try to really drink my water and eat my protein today. I'm falling asleep as I type....zzzzzzzzz

tina

Katiecat
03-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi ladies!

This is at the very end of the thread, so I don't know how many will see this...

LOTS of new people - :wave: I haven't posted for a while -- had a 2nd surgery for the radial nerve in my right arm on 2/15 (first one Feb 2006 didn't help). The good news: I think :crossed: there may be an improvement. For one thing, my arm isn't hurting all the time anymore, although it still hurts a lot if I overdo it. But this is better than it was!

Just wanted to say hi, (((hug))) everyone. I'm very proud of you all for your losses/maintains! And for exercising and eating right, too -- keep it up!

I got a couple of new exercise DVD's from Costco -- a dance one (the instructor is a little too "peppy" for me, but it's still fun) and a yoga one (which is definitely more my speed ;) ).

Jen, I think you were the one who posted about a sub for ice cream? Sugar free pudding was already suggested -- I LOVE chocolate...not the instant, but the kind you actually cook. I love a serving of it warm, and after the rest cools in the fridge, the next day I like to layer it with Cool Whip in a pretty sundae dish. Don't know what brands you have near you, but both Breyer's and Dreyer's (LOL, don't know who copied who) have ice cream with 1/2 the fat, about 100-120 cal/serving, in TONS of flavors, even PB Chocolate, Praline, you name it. It's wonderful :T

OK, gotta rest my arm. Take care, ladies, see you soon...

HappyMedium
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Tina - Dontcha love it when they spring homework on you. Flashbacks, I tell ya!
Now get some rest.
Kate - really? The kind you cook? May look into that.
PB Chocolate...Homer Droolin' :doh: :drool:
Good Luck with the yoga.

Marti
03-14-2007, 06:15 PM
At the end of the line here.....

So hop on over to #240.

See ya there