Support Groups - 10 lbs*10 Times ~ Come Join Me!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 10 lbs*10 Times ~ Come Join Me!

JasonsLea
03-10-2007, 12:20 AM
Alot of chicks are breaking down their goals into 10lb increments and I've decided to do it too. JOIN ME! Our slogan?

'We might not be able to lose 100 lbs but we CAN lose 10 lbs 10 times!'

It doesn't matter how much you have to lose, 10 lbs or 200 lbs, just jump on in and lets SUPPORT each other! :hug: :carrot:

707Goddess
03-10-2007, 12:31 AM
ok im so in so what's involed do we check in daily? oh and also aunt flo just showed up today so for the past 3 days i've eat'n like diet what diet ? LOL
and im soooooooo in

Liverpool Sue
03-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Im starting today, so I'll go for this to :)

Sue

JasonsLea
03-13-2007, 04:39 PM
You can checkin whenever you can and post your WIs on your regular WI days. Hopefully enough people will join so we can have a steady thread going. :)

Luxorbea
03-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Count me in! I was just thinking about it today in fact :D

My regular WI day is Monday. I'm transitioning from just choosing healthier foods and using portion control to calorie counting. And I try to get the the gym a few times a week, but lately that's been a no go due to family life LOL.

I have 4 kids, 2 in school, 2 at home, and am married to a wonderful man (who is starting to exercise now that I weigh less than him for the first time EVER! ;) ) We live with my dad, who is going thru some health problems right now that are stressing me out. So, instead of grazing in the kitchen (like I want to be doing- because I know EXACTLY where a bag of Hershey's kisses are stashed) I'm surfing the site for inspiration and challenges! This is JUST what I needed! :hug:

BlackCherry
03-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Ooh I love this! Looking at the big goal always seems so daunting to me, but to break it down 10lbs at a time seems much less scary.

My weighins are Wednesday, so I'll use yesterdays weight as my start if that's all good with everyone?
My starting weight is 195, so that makes my first goal 185. Overall goal is 145, so I need to lose 10lbs 5 times :carrot:

Liverpool Sue
03-17-2007, 03:28 PM
WI day for me today, lost 4.5 lbs, 6 lbs to go :D do the tickers do .5s cos mine didnt :(

spunker
03-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I hope you guys don't mind if I join in :)

It really does look better when you look at your weight loss incriments in 10. It really adds up. I keep track in my fit day and I always enter my goals in incriments of 10.

In fact, I have exactly 100 to go from my weight today. "Official" weigh in days are Mondays, but I've been, er, weighing in nearly every day.

I apologize if I have a hard time keeping up with the pace of the thread. I'm used to, er, slower/barely moving thread :lol: I find fast paced one more overwhelming, so I'll do my best :)

At any rate, I'm 22, single, and work full time. I just got a gym membership at the end of January. Haven't done too great with going, but I haven't been completely aweful either.

My problem is I got sick in February which kept me from the gym for about a week and a half, and I'm sick again, so I'm guessing it's going to be a bit before I can get back. Then when I do go, I tend to get these horrible blisters on the bottom of my feet (the last time there were blisters under blisters), which have been taking awhile to heal themselves.

I've most recently lost 4 pounds over night (due to being sick and barely able to eat, in addition to having my first "real" period in a couple of years).

I still have 5 more to go for my first goal.

JasonsLea, excellent idea for a thread!

707Goddess, good luck :)

Liverpool Sue, congrats on the 4.5! I've never tried half pound incriments, but then again, my scale doesn't have half pound incriments lol

Luxorbea, Good luck on the transition! Sometimes it's really trial and error to find what works best for you.

BlackCherry, I hear you on it seeming so daunting! In fact, I tend to find it rather discouraging, to be honest. So much to lose, it just seems rather impossible. It ends up being rather shocking once you add how much after losing 10 pounds x amount of times!

JasonsLea
03-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome everyone!

Bridget ~ FOUR kids?! WOW! I don't even know how my mama and auntie kept their sanity with three kids but you have one more. And it's good that DH is going along for the ride.

BlackCherry ~ This might seem weird or silly but I'll be doing the happy carrot dance when I get to your current weight! My final goal is to get to 150.

Sue ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!! :carrot: 3FC tickers don't do the .5 thing but Tickerfactory does. You can just click on my ticker to go to the site and make your own. :D

Spunker ~ I have 100 lbs to go too! The last two months of my life have been hectic and I haven't been to the gym. I'm almost ashamed to go back but I will. I have to get in the habit again.

JasonsLea
03-17-2007, 05:49 PM
How is everyone doing? I'm alright, just trying to get used to my new place......with no cable and no internet. Add on to that, I forgot which box I put my cds in so I've been listening to the same cd for the past week. :fr: I guess the good thing about all that is that I've sat down and read my first book in over a year. And it wasn't just one book, I did one of my ol' marathon readings and read about five books in a day. Felt like old times. :) I've decided to continue to do my WIs on Tuesday instead of switching to Thursdays. I need to go grocery shopping.

Liverpool Sue
03-17-2007, 06:29 PM
I have to change my WI days to Tuesdays so I dont have to take my 3 yr old with me, as he gets bored and starts yappin 5 mins in to the meeting :dizzy: Will see how this week goes then change.

spunker
03-18-2007, 11:36 AM
JasonsLea, Nothing to be ashamed about in regards to the gym! Sometimes it's difficult to get back in the swing of things, but once you go back that first time, it's great.

How long ago did you move? I can't imagine having to listen to the same cd over and over again lol

Liverpool Sue, :lol: good luck with your Tuesday weigh-ins!

I'm just curious, how does everyone generally decide on their weigh-in days?

I know sometimes it's out of convenience due to schedules and whatnot, but I mean, some just choose a random day and stick with it. Does anyone have any reasons behind why they choose that day?

I've always typically have picked Monday's (any time I've tried to lose weight) simply because that Monday was always the day I would always start a new diet or whatever.

I think it kind of helps keep the weekend in check... well, not always, but sometimes it does put the fear in me.

Anyway, I'm still stick. I fell asleep last night at 5:30pm. Woke up throughout the night because of my nose, but always fell right back to sleep (so it wasn't fully waking up). Got up this morning at about 6:45. I'm not even taking medication that causes drowsiness!

I've not eaten much over the last few days. It's been under 1000 calories Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I know it's not good, but haven't felt much up to eating.

I've got my appetite back today, but my energy is so low and my head is just so congested that the thought of having to cook or even pop something in the microwave exhausts me. But, I know I have to.

Actually I might see if my mom needs to run to the store when she's done at the gym. Maybe getting out'll do me some good.

I do have to admit that it's nice to feel hungry and not feel as though I will binge when I do eat something.

Er, slight bit of a ramble.

At any rate, I hope everyone else is well :)

Rockie86
03-18-2007, 12:30 PM
What a good idea!! Baby steps lol
As of today I am 2 lbs away from the first 10!! (lost 2 this week :yay:) Hope hope hoping a week from today I can say I reached it!!

Spunker: I chose Sunday as my weigh in day because it's probably the only day I can be consistent (i.e. weigh at the same time every week etc), since every other day of the week I have classes or I might have a saturday lab or something. Also it helps me not to do anything bad on Saturdays! lol

Hope you all are having a good weekend and staying OP... we can do it!

Luxorbea
03-19-2007, 07:34 PM
well, I am up from last week. Just a pound, but still... *pout* I am now 10 pounds from my short term goal, so I guess I'll just keep going :D I've already lost 3 sets of 10!!!

I am going to Vegas in 3 weeks for Spring Break (Yes, my kids are out of school for a week, and I'm spending half of that time away from them LOL But my hubby and I need the time away from them :p )

I chose Monday's as my WI day because I didn't have a scale, so I had to use the one at the gym...and if I felt like I had to WI on Monday's, it got me out of my weekend rut and into starting my week at the gym :D Now, I have a scale at home and I'm on it everytime I use the bathroom :dizzy: It's almost time for an intervention LOL

BlackCherry
03-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Just a really quick update, will make a better one later, but I'm on my way out the door. I'm at 191.4 (i'm pretty sure it's .4 anyways, the digital read out on the number after the decimal has suddenly gone screwy as of this morning). So I have 6.4lbs left to go for my first 10!

JasonsLea
03-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome Rockie!

Spunker, when I joined WW for the first time, I went to meetings on Thursday which meant I WI on Thursday. When I joined WW for the second time, I went to another meeting that did theirs on Tuesdays. I really liked that meeting so I decided to keep the WI day.

Congratulations BC!

BlackCherry
03-23-2007, 08:19 PM
LiverpoolSue - great job! 4lbs in a week is awesome, you're just gonna fly through this if you keep losing that fast!

spunker - I have such a hard time not weighing in everyday. I always have people telling me you're just supposed to weigh in once a week, blah blah blah, but I can't do it! If my scale's there I always just want to see where it's at. I got a gym membership at the end of January too, and it's had very little use, but now that my surgery's over and I'm at the point where I think it'd be ok to go back, at least for lower body, I'm hoping I can put a lot more time into it. Though that will depend on work too. Guess we'll see.
I decided on my weighin day just because it makes sense to me, for me. I know realistically that as much as I don't want to overeat on the weekend it's bound to end up happening, so if I were to weighin on Monday's it would drive me crazy because I'd know my weight wasn't as low as it could be just because of those two days. Maybe someday I'll move it to Mondays as a way to encourage me to eat better on the weekends, but I've been trying to recover from an eating disorder for the past 4 years, with many many slip ups on the way, so I don't want to do anything that I think might spark me back into those old habits.

Jasonslea - it doesn't sound silly at all! everybody's at a different point, I'm sure there's people who will be doing the happy carrot dance when they get to your weight! I'd be happy to be at 150 too, but my overall goal is 145. Maybe I'll want to go lower than that once I get there, but anytime I've lost weight before I always just get stuck in the 140's, so we'll see.
I'd love to have the time to just sit down and read books, I used to read so so much, but now that I'm an "adult" and have a job I always feel like I have no time, but that's mostly just because I feel sooo lazy after work lol. How's the new place going?

Rockie86 - Congrats on the 2lbs! Don't push yourself too hard though, 8lbs would be quite a bit to lose in 1 week!

Luxorbea - I'm sure you'll do better next weighin, it is only 1lb afterall. Isn't the scale addicting? I've thought the same thing about an intervention many times before. I'm ok with me weighing everyday, so long as I don't let what it says control my mood like I used to. Just gaining half a pound before used to drive me up the wall and I'd be crabby all day, so I guess as long as I'm not doing that it's ok.
I'm sure you deserve a break from your kids too! They'll still have fun on their springbreak even if you're not around and Vegas looks like so much fun! And sometimes kids want a break from their parents too lol

spunker
03-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Rockie86, congrats on the 2 pounds!!

Luxorbea, congrats on the 3 sets of 10! It's hard to believe what a difference that makes.

I wish I could weigh in at the gym, but I am beyond paranoid to do so. Plus I use my scale at home, and I'm afraid that if I start using more than one scale, it's just going to do more damage than good.

Anyway, try not to be hard on yourself for the 1+.

BlackCherry, best of luck on your 6.4!

I hear ya on the weighing in every day. I know once a week is ideal as you can keep track, and with every day, weight fluctuates on a day to day basis (as well as throughout the day), but I've become obsessive to the point I feel like I have to.

Sorry to hear you've been struggling with an eating disorder. Again, something I can relate to. In fact, I find that I have to weigh in every day when I'm more "active" in it (no question about it).

I'm glad you can recognize things that might push you towards it again. That alone is a big help in staying away.

JasonsLea, that was one of the things I really like with WW in the past, having a concrete weigh-in day, and someone to report to, so to speak.

I've just recently started feeling a bit better. Not 100% yet, but well enough to function. I started back on Abilify. I had an appointment for meds on Wednesday (discussed depression, and increase in anxiety when it comes to weight loss). I've already missed a dose :mad:

I went to the gym after work on Friday since I got to leave 3 hours early.

I did 45 minutes on the treadmill:

0 - 29 minutes: speed 3.2, started at incline 0, up to 7, back down, back up, and back down.
29 - 38 minutes: speed 3.2, started at incline 0, up to 4, back down, back up, and back down.
38.5 - 40 minutes: speed 4.0, incline 0.
40 - 45 minutes: cool down.

Felt aweful afterwards (considering not 100% better and hadn't been to the gym in over a week due to being sick).

I actually went out last night that wasn't with my mom. First in a very long time. I met up with a friend that I've been friends with since Freshman year of high school. I hung out with her and her fiance for a bit, and then her and I went to a bar to shoot some pool (but all the tables were full - league I expect). So we ended up at Starbucks (we were just looking for any place to sit and talk, and that was the first we came by).

That's the night I missed my meds. Fell asleep after getting home.

Went to the gym this morning as well. It was even more exhausting than Friday, which I can't imagine why.

I did 35 minutes on the treadmill this morning:

Incline 0 - 4, speed 3.2
Incline 4 - 0, speed 3.2
Incline 0 - 5, speed 3.2
Incline 5 - 0, speed 3.2
Incline 0 - 3, speed 3.2
Incline 3 - 0, speed 3.2

The last few minutes: Incline 0, speed 3.5

Then a 5 minute cool down.

I also did 50 crunches.

I'll be back to the gym tomorrow morning, but I'm thinking of switching it up a bit. There's hardly anyone ever there first thing when the open on Sunday mornings (Church, I expect).

But other than that, it's been okay.

I don't know why I didn't start my first set of 10 at 205, especially since that would be 10 sets of 10 at that point, so I'm just going to put 205 as my first starting point for the first 10 (especially since that's when I joined the thread!).

So, 205 my starting, 6 down, 4 to go, but I'm afraid to take that as "law" as I'm sure it's mostly water weight. Monday is my "official" day anyway, so I'll mostly count them on Mondays, so today's doesn't count lol

Rockie86
03-24-2007, 01:15 PM
lol BC: I've lost 8 so far, I just wanted to lose the last 2... I wouldn't try to lose 8 in one week! :p My weigh in is tomorrow so I will see!! *crossed fingers*

spunker
03-24-2007, 01:25 PM
lol BC: I've lost 8 so far, I just wanted to lose the last 2... I wouldn't try to lose 8 in one week! :p My weigh in is tomorrow so I will see!! *crossed fingers*

:lol: originally that's what I thought you had said, but then I read BC's reply and figured I had it wrong lol

Congrats on the 8, and luck on the remaining 2! :)

ETA: I just remembered this, meant to post it.

So, does anyone have any "motivating" music? Basically anything that when you're feeling down, and frustrated, etc. that keeps you moving? I'm all for music. I can't live without it, and a lot of times it's the only thing that keeps me going while at the gym or sometimes puts me in a perfect mindset for the day (love listening to the ipod during work because it helps especially when my coworkers order out for lunch).

If anyone has anything, I'm all ears. I'm always looking for some new stuff.

Some I like for these moments:

"Float On" - Modest Mouse
"Watch Me Shine" - Joanna Pacitti
"Man in the Mirror" - Michael Jackson :o

Er, yes, some are totally cheeseball... going through my playlist. Some are just completely fun and goofy, while some are the complete cheeseball effect, while others are just great for the going.

Liverpool Sue
03-24-2007, 02:56 PM
My WI day today, couldnt change to Tuesdays as I have to much on these next 2 :( . I lost 1lb thats 5.5 so far in 2 weeks so Im happy with that.

Why is it the night before I weigh in, Im absolutley starving...opening all the cupboards and closing them again, and the fridge door gets a work out to.\

WTG on everyones loss this week, our 10lb :carrot: is getting nearer :D

Rockie86
03-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi folks!
Down 1 lb this week. I am a little disappointed since I worked really hard this week. I really wanted to have lost 10 before the bf comes home on Wednesday. But at the same time, I know a loss is a loss. Plus it was TOM, so I guess I should be glad the scale didn't go up. So here's hoping next week I will be able to say I've lost my first 10! :p
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

SuburbanDiva
03-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Count me in! I think that looking at the weight lost in 10 pounds is much more do able for me rather than thinking about the whole 40-50 pounds I have to go.

The 1st short term goal I set for myself is to lose 10 pounds by April 30th!

JasonsLea
03-25-2007, 03:50 PM
:wave: everyone!

BC ~ If I had any new books to read, I won't mind having no cable and such. But I have at least a hundred books that I've read thousands of times and none of them are calling to me. I guess I need to take a trip to the library....somewhere I haven't been in months! Used to be my fave hangout (I know, I such a geek :D ) I'm doing okay in my apartment, just picking up items as I go along. I have a list of misc things I need, written down as soon as I think of them. Right now, my #1 thing is to get a freakin shower curtain. I'm just too busy to take a bath everyday! I went grocery shopping yesterday and I'm just tickled at myself. My refrigerator is full with some good stuff: grapefruit, eggs, 2% milk, apples slices, yogurt, skinless boneless chicken breasts, sugar free pudding, baby spinach just to name some things. This is definitely my fridge, no crap allowed!

Spunker ~ Me too, that's why I kept the WI day and I 'report' to 3FC! :) I don't have any music because I don't have a MP3 or Ipod. I think I will get me one as a reward if I lose my 10% by June 21st (first day of summer).

Congratulations Sue and Rockie!

Welcome Nubian!

Interview tomorrow for a much needed second job. If I get this, it'll be cable, internet, and computer for me!!! Wish me luck!

SuburbanDiva
03-26-2007, 07:45 AM
I am so frustrated this morning. I weighed myself and I haven't lost a pound the entire week! Even though I haven't eating perfectly, I have remained inside the calorie allowance. I have been drinking all of my water (except I was some short over the weekend)

Plus I did some cardio everyday. I just don't get it. I should at least have been down 1 pound.

I know it's almost impossible for me to eat perfectly all the time. But days like this I just think what the **** is up? It's frustrating not to reach the goals I set for myself.

Thanks for listening everyone,

Tamara

djs06
03-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi everyone! :wave: I hope you don't mind me butting in. My name is Dana and I'm almost on my third ten pounds, but not quite!! :)

pinupdreams
03-27-2007, 05:54 AM
count me in. my monthly goals are 10 lbs and so far so good. i will come update when i have completed them each month. a quick update, i have completed my 10 lbs for march.

BlackCherry
03-28-2007, 08:51 PM
My digital read out after the decimal point is working again. I think my scale's going wacky! I hope it's reading my weight right though, I'd be seriously upset if I was higher than I think...though lower could be ok!
Anyways, I'm now at 190.2. Not as much as I would have liked to lose this week, I was hoping to be down to 189.something, but I guess that wasn't really realistic since I spent last Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday binging.
So, 5.2lbs to go until I'm done my first 10. It seems so far away, at least two more weeks. I'm so impatient, I just want it now! lol

Spunker - I wish I had your willpower to go to the gym! Even before I had surgery I was a bit of a lazy bum about going...but that was before I decided to recommit to weight loss, so maybe now once I'm not so tired and sore all the time I'll be out there more often. Good luck on your last 4!

I know I have songs that get me more motivated, but I can't seem to think of them for the life of me, and for whatever reason the hard drive on our computer that had all the music on it stopped working the other day! My bf has all the music on his mp3 player though, so if I remember I'll go through it tonight.

Rockie86 - Ooops! Apparently I completely misread that haha. Well, congrats on the 8lbs lost (9lbs now I think)! Glad to hear you weren't trying to lose 8 in a week lol

Liverpool Sue - Congrats on 5.5lbs, you're over halfway to 10lbs! I hate those nights when I've already had my calories for the day, but I'm starving for no apparent reason and I just spend the night opening and closing all the cupboard doors thinking "well if I just had a bit of this, it'd be ok...and a bit of this, and a bit of this, and a bit of this...."

NubianQueen - Welcome :) I think this is probably one of my favorite threads, weightloss seems so much easier when you just look at it 10lbs at a time.
Did you just start doing cardio everyday or is it something you've been doing for a while? I know that personally when I've just started a new fitness program I maintain my weight for a while instead of losing, not really sure why though. But if it's an old routine for you then I'm not really sure. Just keep going and maybe next week will be better :)

Jasonslea - Good job on filling the fridge with all healthy food, that's awesome! I'm hoping that once I move out into my own place I can do the same thing (though that's going to be a couple years from now), living with 5 other people makes it so hard (pretty much impossible) to make sure everything in the house is healthy so you're not tempted.

Hi Dana. I personally think the more the merrier! Congrats on the 3x10 already gone!

Welcome pinupdreams! Good job on the 10 in March, and good luck on the next 10 in April :)

JasonsLea
03-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Tamara, I know how you feel and I know it's frustrating but it will pass. :hug:

Dana, WELCOME! And Congratulations on those 21 lbs lost already! :carrot:

PinUp, WELCOME! I love your avatar.

BC, patience grasshopper. :D I know how hard it is living with people who aren't doing your type of healthy lifestyle. I lived with my mother, stepfather, lil sister & brother and my family is all about southern homecooking which made it close to impossible for me to eat right.

If TOM was a person, I would shot him in the freakin kneecap! WI Tuesday and I was up to 256! That's over 5 lbs in a week! But I think it was water weight cause I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 251.8.

I'm getting a kitten! I really wanted a puppy cause I'm a dog person but we aren't supposed to have animals in my apartment complex so I had to choose the one that would make the least noise. My friend Sarah is getting one from one of her co workers and he said I could have one too. We have to wait for them to stop bottle feeding though.

God I am about to die from boredom in my apartment. All my books have been read a thousand times, all movies have been watched over and over. My apartment is a small space so there isn't hardly any cleaning to be done. I need cable...seriously.

spunker
03-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Sorry I've been MIA for the last week. Ended up having a long week ahead of me (with work).

Liverpool Sue, sorry you weren't able to change your weigh-in days! Will you be able to switch eventually?

Ah, sorry about the cupboard/fridge thing. I've been there many times (not just the night before weigh-in), and I absolutely dispise those days when that happens.

Rockie86, TOM? Rough. On the other hand, like you said, at least it didn't go up. It seems a lot of people struggle with that (lol I'm not since I don't usually have that problem), but congrats on the 1 pound still!

NubianQueen, Welcome!

For exercising, are you switching the exercise around or pretty much doing the same routine? The body tends to get used to routines, so then it stops burning calories like it should, but if it gets mixed up, it's like your body doesn't know what to think and starts burning the calories.

JasonsLea, how'd the job interview go? I hope it went well!

Awww, a kitten? How adorable! I've got 2 furballs of my own (I got the one when she was 8 weeks from a No Kill Shelter, and the other, I brought him in as a temporary home back in November - 6 mo. old at the time - but in the end kept him). They make it less lonely and a lot of times are my entertainment lol

djs06, Welcome and the best of luck to you!

pinupdreams, Welcome and good luck!

BlackCherry, I hate digital because I always think something is wonky with them because they run off batteries lol

190.2 isn't bad at all! Even though we want it now now now, we'll eventually get there, and plus, any amount of loss is better than gaining :P

My current gym fiasco is just that. I've never gone to the gym like this before, so this is all rather new for me, and it's amazing because what started this whole motivation think was my hair... yes, it sounds weird, but my hair always bothered me and once I got a decent straightener, it made such a difference, and bam! off I go lol

-----

It became a rough week at work since I had my month end, and some of my accounts are a pain.

My week kind of went:

Monday: Normal work day
Tuesday: 9 1/2 hours straight + gym (I think?)
Wednesday: 10 hours straight
Thursday: 10 hours straight + gym
Friday: almost 9 hours

I had another training session at the gym this morning, and of course the guy was absolutely adorable. Figures, right?

My gym excursion this morning:

**please forgive the lack of proper names/terms as I have NO idea what they are called lol**

Machines
- 15 reps of laying down with feet flat on a metal thingy and pushing up
- 15 reps on triceps machine
- 15 reps on the leg pusher-downer (calves, I think - bar was under achille's tendon)
- 15 reps on pulling a bar towards you to make your shoulder blades go closer
- 15 reps on pulling a bar down in front of your face
- 15 reps of back-ups (put your hips to this thing, bend down and lift back up)

Cardio/Strength
- 8lb weights, walk across the room and back, bending knees to 90 degree angle
- 25 step-ups
- 25 toe touches to the half ball thing (to mimic jump roping)
- 15 reps biceps w/ 8lb weights while balancing on the half ball thing
- 15 times tossing a ball back and forth with my mom while balancing on the half ball thing and a ball squat each time of catching the ball
- Ball against the mirror, back on the ball, go down like you're sitting on a chair, up and down 15 times

Other
- 18 minutes on the treadmill
15 minutes going between 3.2 - 3.5 speed
3 minute cool down

My mom and I have another 1 hour session with him next Saturday, except it's going to be majority/all Cardio/Strenth.

And in other news, I finally reached my first 10 yesterday! *I update my ticker on Mondays*

Now, on to the second ten.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good weekend :)

Rockie86
04-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi folks!

Down 1 more lb this week, which means I've lost my first 10! :carrot: Glad to report since I haven't worked as hard this week :p still worked though!

JasonsLea
04-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Congratulations Spunker and Rockie!

Spunker ~ Why, oh why do the PTs have to almost always be hot?!

Happy April all!

Liverpool Sue
04-01-2007, 11:44 PM
wow everyone has done soooo well this week =) I lost 1lb, making 6 now woohoo :D

I really have to start using my gym membership, had it for a few months then went on 2 vacations and got sick...ok now I just need someone to make me go LOL

Spunker: your gym work out is that the circuit training your doing?? Dunno about anyone else but it makes me tired just reading it hahaha sorry ;)

JasonsLea
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Ahh gosh, I seem to be finally getting my butt straight. WI was today and I'm down 1.6 lbs! Finally some progress. YAY Sue!

BlackCherry
04-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Bleh. My boss paid for me to have dinner and drinks last night, and then for my bf and me to go to a hockey game...and I was planning on just eating to make me happy (though I must say, it was a buffet and I'm amazed at how much smaller my stomach must be! I ate way less than I would have a couple months ago), not thinking about weight and all that jazz. I know, not the best way to go...and I was expecting a gain today, so it's not like it was a surprise. But I'm back up to 193.4. I've been in a funk all day today now, so hello comfort food. What a vicious circle!
I'm exhausted today, I haven't really had enough sleep for the past couple days. I did sleep for 7 hours last night, but the night before that I only got 1 hour. But despite the exhaustion I think I'm gonna try to do half hour on the exercise bike and some crunches to offset the grilled cheese and pizza pops a little bit. C'est la vie. I guess I just have to work even harder this week.

MissLeeLee
04-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Hi All, hope you dont mind if I jump in here too :wave:

I am on my 3rd round of 10s. I weighed in this week and was down 6lbs, so 4 to go for my next lot of 10's - it seems I have a lot of 10's to get through!

JasonsLea: Loved what you said about if TOM was a person they would shoot him... I will gladly supply the bullets :( so annoying, I have eaten 2 candy bars and 2 slices of pizza!! Congrats on your loss, only 8 to go!

Blackcherry, Ive done that many a time. Weekends are the devil! Kind of makes me glad that I have a Weds weigh in. I can see if theres any damage from the weekend and try to correct the course if there is.

Not really sure why I chose a Wednesday to start calorie counting, but I knew that if I didnt, and put it off till Monday, I would have binged like no ones business on Sunday.

Everyone who had losses this week, way to go! For those who didnt, just get back up and try again, tommorrows another day :)

LeeLee

spunker
04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Rockie86, congrats!

JasonsLea, PT's always hot as a way to shame you, I swear :( I have another appointment with this guy Saturday (he does have some killer legs... :o my mom's all about the biceps, but I nearly gasped at how toned his legs were...).

Congrats on the 1.6!!

Liverpool Sue, no circuit training. The pt was just going through the machines to show us (my mom and I), and then did some cardio/strenth (I have an hour of cardio/strength on Saturday).

Congrats on the 6 so far!

BlackCherry, I know what you are saying on the smaller stomach. It's something I've noticed myself. Certainly makes things a bit easier, imo.

Maybe not the "best way to go" but every now and then we need to enjoy ourselves. Granted, it sounds like you didn't do too bad still, but those kinds of days do happen. To everyone. Sometime or another. But it sounds like you had a good time, and I think that's what really counts.

Try not to be hard on yourself for the gain. Yes, it sucks, but it will come back off. I think I remember at WW one time a couple of years ago, they said that the freshly gained pounds are the easiest to lose.

MissLeeLee, welcome and congrats on being on your 3rd round of 10!! That is excellent!

Oh, and as for me, I am up 3 pounds since Sunday. I have been struggling with b/ping this week, which that's usually an automatic gain (yes, I still maintain/gain with that, rarely lose).

I'm working on getting back on track today, and so far so good.

I went to the grocery store fully intending to buy b/p food, but I was able to contain myself and bought some healthy stuff instead:

- Pepperage Farm Whole Wheat mini bagels (100 cals/bagel)
- Fat free cottage cheese
- 2 bags Baby Carrots
- Red potatoes (100 cals/potato)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 lime
- 1 big carton of grape tomatoes
- 3 navel oranges

As pathedic as it sounds, this is seriously a big accomplishment for me.

So, I'm hoping eating those things will help steer me away from b/ping and help me keep my focus.

JasonsLea
04-05-2007, 11:21 PM
BC ~ First off, you need to start trying to get more sleep! How can you have a good day without a good night's sleep? I totally understand about that crappy cycle. It gets me all the time but I'm getting stronger and so will you.

LeeLee ~ :welcome3: and :congrat: on your WL so far!

Spunker ~ :bravo: I am very proud of you for your healthy grocery shopping!

Liverpool Sue
04-07-2007, 06:01 PM
hi there

another WI day and another pound lost, 7 in total :D

Just bought a Zen (need a radio as well as mp3s) to work out with...now I just have to stop talking myself out of going to the gym :o

Will get that carrot one day :)

jennylou
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
This is a great idea - mind if I join you ladies? :D

I started my weight loss journey at the end of December. I've done very well so far, but I too think of things in smaller increments. It's too mind blowing to think about the bigger goals all the time. :)

spunker
04-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Liverpool Sue, congrats on the 7!

As for the gym, one step at a time :)

jennylou, welcome and good luck :D

I've hit a plateau, and it's absolutely frustrating. I'm half tempted to gorge today just to get the scale to budge, even if that means up. Usually if you can get it to budge one way or another, you're all set, well, at least in my experience.

It just seems like I'm working at it for absolutely nothing. Irritating. I'm not decided yet on what I'm going to do try and break this thing (so far, exercise hasn't done it, even with switching it up).

Well, anyway, I hope everyone has a good Easter :)

JasonsLea
04-08-2007, 08:06 PM
WOOOOT Sue!

Welcome Jenny!

Don't you dare Spunker! You might mess around, gorge, go up and STAY up! NO!

Happy Easter yall!

JasonsLea
04-09-2007, 02:21 PM
How was everyone's Easter?

Liverpool Sue
04-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Easter was fun, boiled shrimp and the trimmings =) yummy, thankfully i just picked at little bits and noone noticed woooo :)

Now all the candy has gone out to, so I have 7 months of NO CANDY for any holiday in the house:dancer:

JasonsLea
04-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Sue, I just realized that you're a Bama girl like me!

Liverpool Sue
04-10-2007, 05:28 PM
sorta, Im english livin in Bama so maybe I'll get away with it :D how many years residence do I need to become one?

What part of Bama are you in?? Im in Mobile and have been for 6 yrs...still dont know my way around it :o

JasonsLea
04-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Well I'm from New Jersey but I stil consider myself a Bama girl. :D I live in Birmingham, still discovering the city after being here for 15 years.

sockmonkey70
04-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Well I have made my first 10 pounds. Four of it was from a month prior to joining here but 10 pounds is still 10 pounds right?

I would really like to get to know you guys! I like this idea of 10 pounds increments.

JasonsLea
04-13-2007, 04:14 PM
YAY MARY! YAY MONKEY! LMAO Welcome Bettie. :D

jennylou
04-13-2007, 04:22 PM
sock monkey - congrats on the first ten! :)

Easter wasn't so bad for me. I had some ham and a ton of veggies. :) No Easter candy around to mess me up.

JasonsLea
04-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Good for you Jenny! Peeps are cute but diet deadly. :D

MissLeeLee
04-14-2007, 02:34 AM
Congrats Sockmonkey!! It totally counts!

I am 1lb away from making my first 10 3FC lbs!! Maybe tommorrow?

MissLeeLee
04-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes! Made it!! Onto another 10!

Liverpool Sue
04-14-2007, 03:59 PM
wooohooo to everyone =)

I stayed the same this week thankfully. It was a stressfull week and I didnt feel like eating proper meals so all I did was pick at everything. Next week is looking iffy to as its Spring Break and we are off to Great Aunts in Louisianna....boy do they know how to cook :dizzy:

SilverIris
04-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey guys, don't mind if I join in?

My goal will be....142 pounds....wicked! (thats like 64 kilos). I guess I'm lucky that I only need to lose this three times or so...

How long do you give yourselves to lose weight? I mean, I would say about 6 weeks...but normally I give up after two weeks....oh dear..I wish I had more motivation

spunker
04-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Gah. Such a downer over here.

I'm almost UP 10 :o So my first 10 pounds lost is nearly gained back :mad:

I have really been struggling with binging/purging, which keeps making my weight go up and up and up. Kind of, er, hitting bottom here. I'm frustrated because I can't seem to stop. Every day I tell myself 'no more', and then I go and do it again (it keeps turning into a daily thing). Once I get the craving, all reasoning goes out the door.

I have an appointment with my meds doctor on the 24th, and I'm going to bring it up to see if there is anything to help - whether it be meds, anything, I don't care, I just want to stop.

In the meantime, I'm setting up a food plan that'll hopefully steer me away from anything of the sort.

Congrats to those who have been making the 10! :)

JasonsLea
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Congratulations LeeLee! :carrot:

Have fun with the aunties Sue!

Iris ~ Welcome! We don't have a set time to lose the weight. We're just here for support and such. You lose at your own pace. You could set personal goals like most of us have.

Spunker ~ I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time! Please don't give up! I hope your doctor can help with this. :hug:

Kinda nervous about WI Tuesday. TOM is here and I've been actually good but you know how it is. We'll see.

pinupdreams
04-16-2007, 07:07 PM
a little update, i have 4 pounds to go until i reach my 10 pound goal for april! maybe i can lose way more this month so im super excited about getting a head start for may if i can.

MissLeeLee
04-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Congrats Pinupdreams!!! 4 pounds isnt much at all!!!

JasonsLea
04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Congrats Pinup!

:wave: everyone.

I've decided to take down my ticker thing. I was looking at it and getting really depressed and when I get depressed, I start eating and it snowballs from there. So my sig will be ticker-free until I start seeing some progress.

pinupdreams
04-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Congrats Pinup!

:wave: everyone.

I've decided to take down my ticker thing. I was looking at it and getting really depressed and when I get depressed, I start eating and it snowballs from there. So my sig will be ticker-free until I start seeing some progress.

i completly understand you! i too get depressed just by looking at it sometimes, yes i see alot of lbs gone but im like ok where did i lose it from!? lol i still dont see it and i get stressed lol. :^:

JasonsLea
04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Pinup ~ I wish I had as much progress of you...**** I would love even 1/4 of what you've done! What are you doing?

Liverpool Sue
04-21-2007, 07:42 PM
YAAYYY 2lb this week, thank goodness. One more till I get my carrot LOL

It wasnt a good week (or so I thought), just didnt feel like anything in particular, and I hate that cos it makes me pick at food.

Didnt get to Aunty this week, she was sick so now we only go for the weekend next week....I can hear the shrimp cheering LOL

spunker
04-22-2007, 04:25 PM
JasonsLea, Sorry that you haven't been seeing any progress. I know it's frustrating, believe me I do lol

Have you tried switching things up?

pinupdreams, 4 pounds isn't far! That's great!

Liverpool Sue, congrats on the 2! Only one more to go! :carrot:

I think one of my problems is that I've been depressed. It took me until yesterday to realize that. It starting coming to me when I realized that I've made every excuse in the book to not go to the gym, every excuse to not leave my apartment. When I'm not at work, I want to be shut inside my apartment, blinds closed, and go to sleep.

The other, I think, I may have gained 8 pounds due to water retention. I was supposed to start my period on the 13th (I don't have a normal period - haven't had a normal one for ages). I went up 2 pounds on the 14th, up 3 on the 15th. Then gained a couple more. (I gained a couple before the 13th).

That lasted 7 days (the gaining).

Then over night I dropped 3 pounds, and dropped another 2 more over night again. I'm now back at my original 1st 10 pounds lost weight (195).

When I actually had a period last month, it lasted 7 days, and I've been cramping a lot over the last couple of weeks (sorry for the TMI everyone!), and when I look at it now, I'm thinking it was a combination between depression and water retention? *shrug*

So, having said that, I'm still 10 pounds away from my 2nd 10 pounds.

JasonsLea
04-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Sue ~ WOOOT two lbs!

Spunker ~ My problem is that I wasn't staying within my calories. So I said screw that this weekend and decided to go back to WW points. Points are easier than counting calories to me. And I emptied out my fridge and cabinets and gave all the crap I shouldn't be eating to my BFF's mama.

Have you ever taken medication for depression? I used to be severely depressed, I still am, just not as bad. Sometimes you just need to *****slap yourself into action. Something I do when I feel like giving up or eating my sorrow away is look in a clothing magazine or, if I can, go to a mall (on the weekends if I can). Not for clothes mind you. For the pretty attractive people. It hurts like **** to be the only fat chick in a crowd of pretty, thin girls but it sets me straight.

pinupdreams
04-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Pinup ~ I wish I had as much progress of you...**** I would love even 1/4 of what you've done! What are you doing?

counting calories mostly, im a mess. :(

pinupdreams
04-23-2007, 02:14 AM
im down 3 pounds this week. woohoo! 1 more to go for this months goal. checking in on everyone dont forget to post your progress.

JasonsLea
04-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Pinup ~ I tried counting calories but decided this weekend to go back to counting points. Just so much easier for me. WOOOOT 3 lbs! Congrats!

pinupdreams
04-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Pinup ~ I tried counting calories but decided this weekend to go back to counting points. Just so much easier for me. WOOOOT 3 lbs! Congrats!

like ww points? by the way i have been reading your blog and i think we could be weightloss buddies since we are around the same weight. :yes: about the weight, it was a small lived victory because who am i kidding, i only lost 2 lbs.. i though it was 3 but today a friend of mine told me 231.8 really means 232. i had been rounding the wrong way. :^: another thing i have been stressing alot on is the fact that i have been going up and down 233, 232, 231 and i dont like that but i know its normal weight changes. i only have so many days left until april is over and i still have to lose a secure 2-3 pounds, it is so much pressure.

JasonsLea
04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Yep, WW points. I don't go to meetings anymore, super busy, but I still have all my material and I'm just really comfortable doing pts so hopefully I can get completely back on track. I would love to be WL buddies with you! I usually try to update my blog at least once a week since I don't have a computer right now. But when I get my computer, watch out! LMAO 2 lbs is still rockin hun. I would love to lose a freakin lb right now. Just gotta get my crap in order. You should let those three lbs left stress you out. You've done great so far and you're still chugging along. Don't let yourself feel pressured. Even if you don't make your goal for this month, you got pretty damn close! I don't think I'm anywhere near my goal for this month, but that's on me. :D

JasonsLea
04-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Where are all my ladies at? How is everyone doing? I was a bad girl today, I got really stressed and emotional and ate a huge honeybun and two diet sodas. I'm not beating myself up about it though. I'm just going to go back to the gym later on today. Hoping and praying I can make it to water aerobics tonight.

MissLeeLee
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
congrats everyone on your progress! I havent managed to go down...or up yet. Just finished working out, first time in a week so hopefully that will help! Keep up the good work all :)

JasonsLea
04-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Good job on that workout Lee!

spunker
04-28-2007, 01:08 PM
JasonsLea, yeah, I'm actually seeing a therapist and nurse practitioner along w/ medication to help sort me out.

In my (past) experience with WW, I, too, have found couting points so much better. How are you doing on water?

Good to hear you aren't beating yourself up over the honeybun and diet sodas. Stress can be one of the worst things for losing weight. Do you have things you can do to help during those stress/emotional days like walking, journaling, music, etc.?

pinupdreams, congrats on the 3 pounds!! 1 more is't far away!

MissLeeLee, Great on working out! Do you have any sort of routine? What do you usually do?

I'm doing okay. I'm down a bit from that mass revolt my body had against me.

Had the TOM for the last week, and since then have gotten back on track.

I've lost 12 pounds in the last 9 days, but a lot of that's been period/water weight (that I had gained), but am down 6 pounds after my first 10 pounds. So, I need 4 more to complete my second 10.

I'm currently 189, which I haven't seen that number in about 3 years (the last time I saw it was when I was on my way up!).

The other night I dug out some old clothes that I haven't been able to wear in 3 years. A lot of old shirts are starting to fit again (yay! I can start wearing better fitting clothes rather than the baggy stuff I have), and I managed to squeeze (litterally squeeze!) into my 14 jeans, but they are a stretchy waist. So if they had a non-stretchy waist, I wouldn't have gotten into them. But, exciting to say the least.

Seeing as I'm freezing right now (it's like 172 in my apartment, but I just had some ice water so that doesn't help), so I put on a sweater. My mom originally got it for my brother, but it was too small, so I took over it. It was big on me around 250, and the last time I wore it was around 246, and now that I have it on.... oh my god... HUGE! It's maybe only 2 inches above my knees now where as before it was maybe a couple inches below my hips.

So, that's really exciting.

JasonsLea
04-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Spunker ~ I'm getting better on the water since I've taken a (EXTREME!) liking to green tea and have limited my soda intake to the weekends. See? I told you everythin would be okay! Happy for you lovey!

pinupdreams
04-30-2007, 12:21 AM
goal completed for april! :carrot:

it was so hard to lose the last 2 pounds. so much harder than prior months, but i did it and i cant wait for may to begin.

JasonsLea
04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
WOOOOOT PinUp! Congratulations hun!

Liverpool Sue
04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
well done everyone, I have been away this weekend so no weigh in this week....so its salads and water all week for me. Louisianna cooking really is wonderfull...crawfish etuffee...oh yum, I wonder if there is a low fat recipe for that LOL

JasonsLea
04-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Ooooo, Sue! Is crawfish good? We have this thing downtown every spring called the Crawfish Broil. They are having some kickass bands this year but I'm totally broke so I'm going to try for next year.

Liverpool Sue
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
ooooohhh you have to go, let me know the date, I will try to get there LOL i just missed the crawfish boil here =( Its like mini lobster...yum!!!

JasonsLea
04-30-2007, 04:20 PM
I wanna go this year but it's next weekend and I'm seriously broke. They're having freakin Papa Roach playing! I LOVE Papa Roach!

JasonsLea
05-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Down 5.8 lbs this week.

spunker
05-03-2007, 02:16 PM
pinupdreams, congrats on meeting your April goal! That's great! :carrot:

JasonsLea, Papa Roach definitely has some good songs, I've only heard a few, but love the one's I've heard. My friend, a few years ago, met the lead singer!

Congrats on the 5.8! That's great! Have you been doing the WW points instead of counting calories?

Liverpool Sue, what does crawfish taste like? I've never been a fan of seafood. Well, fish mostly. Other than that I've only ever tried crab, which is absolutely delicious, but I can only eat if it's concealed in something. I mean, I know I'm eating crab, but I can't "realize" I'm eating it because it's seafood lol

I weighed in at 185 this morning!

So, if that weight decides to stick (I'm always afraid it's going to go up and that the weight is a fluke), I've completed my second 10! :carrot:

I'm going to Niagara Falls on the 25th for Memorial Day weekend, and I would absolutely love to get into the 170's by then (even if it's a simple 179).

Hope everyone is well :)

JasonsLea
05-03-2007, 04:13 PM

Spunker ~ Yep, I started counting pts again. WW rocks! WOOOOT! You're on a roll babycakes! Oooo, please post pics from the falls. I've always wanted to see them.

JasonsLea
05-05-2007, 05:29 PM
What's up everyone? I hope you all are having a good, OP weekend. :)

Liverpool Sue
05-05-2007, 06:03 PM
phewww, I managed to stay the same after not going to WW last week. Normaly I pile on the lbs if I dont go.

Hope everyone had a great week :)

JasonsLea
05-05-2007, 09:02 PM
WOOOT Sue! I have to find a WW meeting nearby this week, I need a new points tracker booklet.

So I decided to set a exercise goal for the month. 1000 minutes isn't much but it's a start. I need to get off my lazy butt.

Rant:
Pissed off at Alabama food stamps people. They print an article in the newspaper about wanting more people to apply for food stamps yet I apply, someone who DESPERATELY needs them, and I get declined because I'm not 22 yet and have no kids?! :mad: Well excuse me! So sorry I'm not popping out kids like everyone my age or younger, I'm so stupid. They said that until I turn 22, I would have to have the card in my mama's name but she makes WAY too much money to get food stamps so I am royally screwed. Dammit to ****! I am poor. Seriously. I barely make enough to cover my rent, that's why I'm looking for a second job. Imbeciles!

JasonsLea
05-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Where are all my girls? TOM has started but so far, cravings hasn't gotten the best of me.

Liverpool Sue
05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Well Im here, couldnt do without the place :D Im building up to my TOM and Im feeling bloated, Im stuffing my face with everything I can think of....I WONT loose anything this week and will be very surprised if I DONT gain ...geeze I need somethin to keep me in check.

Spunker: Crawfish is a bit like lobster (they look similar but are tiny versions) could say Crab to:dizzy: I had Crawfish Atchafalaya (I think thats a river some where in MS) at the City Cafe in Baton Rouge....if anyone goes there, try it. :)

JasonsLea
05-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Sue, TOM is horrid, isn't he? You need to get yourself in check girlie! 1 lb left! Don't let TOM win!

JasonsLea
05-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Where are all my ladies? :?:

My schedule at work changes this weekend so I only get one day (Sat) off but that's fine with me because my new off days are Thrus and Fri. It's best to work on the weekends in my dept. I'M GETTING A PUPPY!!! I'm getting him in a few weeks from a family member of a friend. The lady is nice enough to get him the rest of his shots before giving him to me. I'm SO happy! They call him Cha-Cha but there is NO WAY in **** that I'm having a dog named Cha-Cha! I've decided to give him a Roman name but can't decide on one. I was going to name him Caligula but he went totally nuts and my puppy'
s going to have enough issues having me as a mama without having a cursed name, you know?

Liverpool Sue
05-11-2007, 06:00 PM
awwww a puppy, what breed of dog is he?? We have 3 and they are constantly around my feet, drives me nuts LOL One of them we inherited and his name is KaKoa which apparently means Warrior....hes 1/2 chuahua 1/2 terrier so you can imagine how much "warrioring" he actually does....Zilch :(

My weigh in tomorrow, and I will prob break the scales with the amount Ive eaten this week :dizzy:

Liverpool Sue
05-12-2007, 08:13 PM
yayyyyyy 1 lb this week, wow couldnt believe it LOL

Hope everyone else has a good loss to :hug:

JasonsLea
05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
He looks like a Chow or Chow mix to me. WTG on that lb sweetie!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

JasonsLea
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Hope you all had a good Mother's Day! I started school today. I was online reading fellow students bios and such and posted my own. I have two classes this semester, Intro to Business and Learning Framework. The accounting part isn't till the end of June I believe but my stomach is already hurting. I hate math.

Liverpool Sue
05-14-2007, 02:36 PM
ooo I hate Math to...If I want to go back to college I have to take the ACT test, and I cant do the math/science subjects LOL so Im going to have to get a tutor some where down the line. Just get a really good calculator and you will be fine :)

What did you name your puppy in the end? Chows always remind me of Asian decent...Pong or Ping LOL sorry

JasonsLea
05-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Well I still plan on giving him a Roman name but I think I'm going to wait and see how he acts so I can name him accordingly.

Liverpool Sue
05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Hi there, hope everyone had a great week =)

I didnt haha, oh well gained a pound so Im trying not to beat myself up about it. New week, one pound to loose :)

JasonsLea
05-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. I got a new bed and a car! Details (or semi details) are posted in my journal (link in sig). :)

JasonsLea
05-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Update: just found out that I'm getting my own computer on Saturday!

pinupdreams
05-23-2007, 02:51 AM
just checking in saying.. woohoo!! 2 lbs to go to complete this months goal! hows everyone else doing?

JasonsLea
05-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey Pinup! Did you know that you are our 100th post? I'm doing fine, just trying to get everything straight. Unfortuantely I haven't been to the gym since last week. :( Everything's been so crazy with trying to get my car up and running, arranging my house with the new furniture, and my friend Kittie's prom and graduation....all this week!

Liverpool Sue
05-26-2007, 07:57 PM
wow seems like everyones had a really REALLY good week :) Nice on new furniture, new car, and best of all...a new puter. Wonder if hub will spring for a new one for me, my fans going out on this one LOL Told him Ive blown the speakers in my car and I need a new car....dont think Im gonna get one :D

Well lost the pound I gained, was hoping to get to the gym next week to, but my son is sick today and wont eat anything so fingers crossed he will be ok by Monday or its off to Drs on Tuesday =( dont think I could cope with him off summer school another day LOL

Ah well it will all come right in the wash =) and Im keeping my carrot LOL

JasonsLea
05-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Happy Memorial Day everyone! Boy I'm tired. Damn neighbors woke me up at 1 am fighting and cussing and carried on for over three hours. I got about two hours sleep tops. *******s. :mad:

pinupdreams
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
happy memorial day!~ to you as well. i met my 10 lbs for this month on sunday.. im hoping that i can drop another 1-2 lbs before the month ends.. if not, im still excited!

JasonsLea
05-28-2007, 09:30 PM
WOOOT! Congrats sweetie!

spunker
05-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Wow, I am so behind the times here lol

I'm currently weighing in at 179.2, which is what I weighed in at on Friday, which was great because for my trip to Niagara, I wanted to be at least 179. I only gained 0.6 on my vacation.

I still have 4 more pounds to go for my 3rd set of 10. At 179, I'm officially down 60, which is the most I've ever managed to lose. 10 more pounds from 179 will put me even with the lowest I've managed to get down to (the first and only time being February 25, 2004).

One thing that is really frustrating is my period. I stopped having it for quite some time, only having it about twice a year, and it being very light at that. I've had 3 consecutive ones since March, naturally, without the help of anything.

But since I've been having them again, about a week or two after having my period, my weight sky rockets 6 - 8 pounds, so it's like I have to lose that all over again, and I usually lose 5 - 6 within a couple of days of before having it, but it's still very frustrating for me. I've honestly never in my life had a problem with weight gain before a period, and all of a sudden I'm having problems with it.

Oh, and just for JasonsLea, I attached a picture of the Falls :)

pinupdreams
05-30-2007, 08:49 AM
60 lbs! congrats spunker.. check you out at 179 woohoo!

mezmerize
05-31-2007, 10:59 AM
My I join your group? Here's a bit of my history. I join 3FC's a few years ago and managed to lose 40 LBS. I did this by thinking of it as 10 lbs at a time. Well as with so many others that have been on a WLP I got derailed and now it's a bit overwhelming for me... I keep placing too much thought on those 40 lbs I need to lose once again. (And then some) Thanks for reading my ramblings

JasonsLea
05-31-2007, 11:27 PM
WTG Spunker! :broc: That's a WHOLE lotta mist! LOL

Welcome Mezmerize!

Tomorrow is the start of a new month! Yall know how much I adore new starts! :D I'm feeling SO good right now! Everything finally seems to be going my way. I FINALLY got cable (with DVR!), my car should be out the shop in a week, and I'm getting my computer this weekend so I can be on 3FC more! And I made my own WW points tracker journal (found a cool printable log) and it's really pretty, portable with alot more pages and it's made me really accoutable!

spunker
06-02-2007, 07:13 AM
pinupdreams, Thanks! :)

I was just looking at your sig, and I see you've lost 85! Congrats on that! :carrot:

mezmerize, welcome to the thread! I can completely sympathize with getting derailed and having to lose everything (and more) over again. I've been there many many times myself. The best of luck!

JasonsLea, Thanks! I still have some more film that needs developed, but there are still 9 pictures left to be taken. I took some of the falls at night, and I'm praying it shows up because it's absolutely beautiful at night.

Glad things are going well for you! Sounds like it lol

Fresh starts are always best. So refreshing.

As of yesterday, I officially made my 3rd set of 10! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

So, now I'm working on my 4th for a goal of 165.

This honestly excites and scares me very very much. The lowest I've ever managed to lose down to is 169 (which is very very close), so everything below that is extremely uncharted.

In therapy I've discussed everything that being thin would mean, and so much of it is very frightening, especially because it's so foriegn and unknown to me as I've been overweight my entire life. The very reason my therapist and I believe that I've always gone back to COE and gained everything plus some back.

I've already started freaking out (at my higher weights) about weight loss, but every time I've started freaking out, I've done everything in my power to psych myself up and get excited about it. Right now my excitement is a lot greater than my fear, so I'm going to try and keep it that way, but when I reach 169 and whatnot, we'll see if that changes. I just need to try

ETA: Um, I feel awkward doing this, but whatever. I attached 2 pics.

One is back from February at, I think, 214 lbs, and the other I think is last month or maybe the end of the previous month at 187.

mezmerize
06-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

JasonsLea - That WW log sounds pretty cool. I made myself a points bracelet which was a huge help when going out.

spunker - Congrats on making your 3rd set! Thanks for sharing the pictures! It's so inspiring! I think I kind of know what your mean by freaking out. When I hit below the 200 mark. I started my re (UGH) gain. I'm just now getting it together. I've been writing down when I'm feeling strong why I need to lost this weight.
It's has stopped me from eating at times and I feel myself getting stronger.

Spunker you

mezmerize
06-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Whoops Sorry I guess I didn't get everything to paste here.

Spunker - You are going to do great! Please don't forget you have us here to lean on when things get tuff! Many many warm fuzzies sent your way!

JasonsLea
06-05-2007, 07:25 PM
WOOOT Spunker! You need to smile on some pics girlie!

Small NSV for me: I whooped TOM's ***! I stayed OP all last week and actually lost 1.4 lb! Usually I gain like 5+!!! I knew this was it, I just knew it!

mezmerize
06-08-2007, 11:14 AM
JasonLea - Congrats on being strong and giving TOM the Bum kicking it needs!

I've stayed away from pop and candy this week. Plus been really trying to think before I eat... sometimes I fail others not. I'm still trying to get it together.

JasonsLea
06-08-2007, 09:41 PM
It's an ongoing battle Mez but you can do it!

Coming to my mama's house sucks. They always have some junk laying around and I'm not strong enough to resist yet.

spunker
06-09-2007, 06:53 PM
mezmerize, that's great that you were able to stay away from soda and candy!

For trying to think before you eat, it's going to take time. I don't know if it's the same for you, but if your an emotional eater (I can be), it's not always easy to think about it before doing it.

Are you trying to put feelings into perspective and whatnot, like why you are eating, etc.? What about writing it down? I keep a memo notebook with me pretty much always. It's small, so it's easy to stick in my purse and not so obvious to others.

JasonsLea, congrats on losing during TOM!!! I know that has to feel great! Espeically when you tend to gain 5+.

How'd it go at your mom's house. I can completely sympathize with that.

I'm doing okay over here. I started prozac Tuesday morning. I'm not sure if it's the prozac or that I'm just in the "zone", but I've not had much of an appetite since starting it. It feels almost like food doesn't phase me.

I actually went through the drive through and just ordered the drinks I wanted without buying any food, which is quite an accomplishment for me.

I have gone 5 days without b/ping! That's the most I've been able to go in a long time. So my doctor will be pleased to hear that. He said if the b/ping didn't decrease over the next month, he wanted me IOP. But, so far so good.

I may (or may have not) reached my 4th set of 10. My weight today was 164.4, but I didn't drink much yesterday, and I hadn't had anything to eat or drink before weighing in, and it was mid-day. So, I will know tomorrow. Hopefully lol

So, I won't get too happy/excited until I weigh in tomorrow morning lol

JasonsLea
06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Spunker, I ate four slices of pizza at my ma's. But that was then, this is now. WTG on that control! Did you make the 4th set? *fingers crossed*

spunker
06-12-2007, 07:06 AM
JasonsLea, I truly do admire your attitude in regards to food!

I did go up to 165.something the next day, which is what I was expecting, but as of yesterday I did officially make my 4th set! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Next goal is: 155

This next one is a little frightening because I will officially no longer be obese at that point, a point which I have never gotten to, so I'm rather excited about this one and nervous at the same time!

Actually, I only have about 6 pounds to go to officially get into overweight BMI, but the thought of 155 is much more comforting lol

I hope everyone else is well :)

JasonsLea
06-12-2007, 10:13 AM
WOOOOOOOTTTTT!

Congratulations sweetie! Go Spunker Go Spunker! :broc: Watch out 155!

WI this morning and am down 4.2 lbs to 244.6. :)

mezmerize
06-13-2007, 09:32 AM
JasonsLea Ė I know what you mean going out has been a problem for me also. Do you think if you maybe brought something with you to your momís say a low cal treat and visit while you munch on that it will help?

Spunker Ė I can be an emotional eater. I think itís a great idea to have a notebook. Thanks for your help. Many Congrats on getting only drinks at the drive through 5 days w/o b/ping! That is just awesome making your 4th set!!!! Itís very inspiring!:bravo: :bravo:

As for me Iíve been good and bad. My weight in day is Thursday so fingers crossed. TOM is on itís way so Iíll try not to get my hopes up to high.
Ok I donít know if you guys have a special someoneÖ but itís been really hard on me this summer when I see my guy checking out other women. Skinny women you know Öand I think to myself how disappointed he must be with me. Iíve asked him and he said he isnít butÖ Maybe itís just me. Other women donít let it bother them. Whatís wrong with me? Iím very bothered it can really bring me down.

JasonsLea
06-15-2007, 06:55 PM
So how did you do Mez?

Let me tell you something, don't you let some man bring you down. I know he's your boy and you love him but if he's stupid enough to be checking out other chicks when you're around, he deserves to be slapped. Guys can be really insensitive sometimes.

spunker
06-16-2007, 09:56 AM
JasonsLea, woohooo! Congrats on the 4.2!!! That's great! :carrot:

mezmerize, How'd you do with your weigh-in on Thursday?

I wholeheartedly agree with JasonsLea on your guy.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, and I hope you don't put anymore thought into that. Definitely try not to let it bring you down.

Oh I am getting so impatient. It's funny because I used to have such anxiety about losing weight, but now I'm just impatient and excited.

158 will be my biggest milestone yet, and I'm just so anxious (in a good way) to hit it.

Monday's are my "official" weigh-in days, but I weigh pretty much every day. So, my ticker and whatnot will not change until then, but this morning I weighed in at 162.0!

Last week was a major weight loss comment week. A number of people at work and some family.

I saw my aunt for the first time in awhile yesterday. The last time she saw me I was about 243-246. When my dad, grandma and I were walking to her car, she literally jumped out, ran up to me and hugged me saying, "oh my god!" :lol:

She said she thought by the way my grandma was talking that I had just dropped some, and that I wouldn't be half my size lol

It was quite humerous.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys their weekend :)

mezmerize
06-17-2007, 03:29 AM
Hello Everyone! Thanks for the kind words. I honestly wish I could be like other women and laugh it off. *sigh*

My weight stayed the same. It's ok since TOM should be here soon. (I never know the exact day it will be here.)

Spunker - I'm so very happy for you! YOU GO GIRL!!

pinupdreams
06-17-2007, 04:56 AM
oh my!!! i lost my 10 lbs for this month already and we are basically still halfway till the end of the month!!! this means i can loseeeeeee way more than 10 this month woohoo!! im freaking out! ;)

JasonsLea
06-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Spunker ~ LMAO! How sweet. Don't freak out sweetie. Weight can be crazy sometimes. I think you'll do great on WI tomorrow.

Mez ~ :)

PinUp ~ Holy crap! WTG sweetie!

mezmerize
06-18-2007, 09:21 AM
pinupdreams - aka -The incredible Shrinking Woman !!! That is just awesome!! I could only dream of losing that much in a months time!! Many congrats and bows to you!! I hope you don't mind me asking what WL/Fitness plan on you on??

As for me Sunday night I think I over did things... but I have plenty of time to makeup for my mistakes. Sending many happy vibes to everyone!! :)

pinupdreams
06-18-2007, 02:59 PM
pinupdreams - aka -The incredible Shrinking Woman !!! That is just awesome!! I could only dream of losing that much in a months time!! Many congrats and bows to you!! I hope you don't mind me asking what WL/Fitness plan on you on??

As for me Sunday night I think I over did things... but I have plenty of time to makeup for my mistakes. Sending many happy vibes to everyone!! :)

thank you. i do calorie counting.. usually anywhere from 1000-1500 a day on the average with mostly fruits and my workouts consist of walking & joggin mostly just swimming or fast pace walking (not speed walking either, just a little faster than regular walking). :^:

mezmerize
06-18-2007, 05:23 PM
I lost 40 LBS with WATP DVD (I averaged 7 miles a day) I was using WW pure Points software. My pts vaule was 24. I heard that it about 50 cals per point. (1200 cals) I didn't get the results you are but always knew I was a turtle when it came to weight loss. I'm so impressed!! Like I said many congrats and bows!

spunker
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
mezmerize, that is awesome, losing 40lbs from WATP and WW!

pinupdreams, that is awesome! congrats! I think that can be really motivating to be able to see such good results from just walking and jogging! I think it shows that something as simple as that can give you good results, that you don't have to over work yourself for it.

This hasn't been a very good week. When I started the prozac, I went 6 days w/o b/ping, but from there it went daily. As of last Wednesday, I started having some complications, which proved scarey by Sunday (would have called 911 if I had use of my hands - and was able to contact a neighbor by knocking on their door).

I didn't end up going to the ER until yesterday (after I improved a lot of symptoms by drinking pedialyte and gatorade) - my therapist took me as well as advised by a clinic.

The staff there were so ignorant - durina psych evaluation, the case worker asked about the eating. I told her I mainly binged during 2006, so the purging didn't become consistant until about mid-december. She thought binging was eating and throwing up, and asked me what purging was...

I got sent home with a script for potassium pills (low potassium) and was told I had a stomach bug... I was up front and honest about everything. It all went in one ear and out the other...

I'm working with my therapist to find an Intensive Outpatient Program for it, but it may take a bit.

I'm feeling really put out right now as I gained 7.4 pounds over night. Yesterday I was 162.2 and woke up this morning 169.6! So... um, yeah. That's disappointing.

pinupdreams
06-20-2007, 04:41 PM
i literally went from doing nothing and eating everything i wanted to counting my calories and drastically lowering them.. then i started walking and joggin and everything came together. thank you all for your comments.

mezmerize
06-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Spunker - I'm sorry to hear about your bad reaction to the meds. I'm glad your you were able to find a cure. Hope you feel 100% soon! We had the stomach bug hit here lastweek. No fun!! Do you like bannanas? I know they are a bit high in cals. for some but when I'm cramping w/TOM and feel sluggish they seem to do the trick. Fingers crossed on the Intensive Outpatient Program. I know what you mean about things going in one ear and out the other! Some people!!:bomb::bomb:

As for me well I stepped on the scale and up 2 lbs! I've been watching what I eat so I'm sure it's because of TOM usually have a 5lbs gain. UGH!! I've been feeling bloated and craving chocolate and just plain craving!!! Plus the cramps are terrible! I can't get a break even when I'm sleeping I dream my cramps hurt. They woke me up lastnight... My doctor gave me a strong advil med. One must eat something with it and sit up for 30 minute when you take it or else heartburn. So I'll take it 45 minutes before bed. Still wakes me!! I've been up since 3 a.m. I'm also going to start taking Alli I think Monday.
I've bought the starter pack. I'm now getting things ready. I think will be an helpful TOOL for me. For a couple good reason.
1. My husband tends to offer me high fat food. (I'm sure he won't do this if I take it)
2. It will help me to make better choices in my foods because of the horrible "Treatment Effects" :club::devil::eek::eek::fr:
I will keep you posted on my prgress.
I know this is not for everyone. I don't see it as a CURE for my overweight problem just as a tool to help get me on the right track.

JasonsLea
06-20-2007, 07:15 PM

Spunker ~ I'm so sorry sweetheart! :hug: You know we're here for you.

Mez ~ I'm curious about this Alli. Lots of hype. Definitely keep us posted.

I'm down 1.4 this week. My father's day was just another day. I called my stepfather and said hi, didn't bother with my worthless bio dad. :rolleyes: I'm feeling so good right now, so positive about the future and I think I owe it to my new kitty Tiger! I got him yesterday from my auntie. I knew as soon as I got him home that he's as crazy as me but that's okay. Right now we're in the stage of him getting to know his new home and owner. He won't let me touch him but he feels free to follow me around and climb all over my feet. Just like a man. :p

mezmerize
06-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Today is my 1st day of taking alli (6/25) I was doing on the lowfat eating plan before todays start date until my husband decided to go on a "diet" with me!! I want him to be healthy but what does he do?? Stop Reading Massive food porn ahead! He buys donuts, cookies, sweet drinks, fast food all thurs - sunday. One last fling with this stuff!! I'm so made at myself. I was weak. I ate fast food for dinner to many times and gave into some sweets. GRRR well I'm up 4lbs. What can I say today is a new day! Had I taken alli I would not have eaten all that bad stuff. I'm just happy that when he was buying junk I was buying healthy foods. So this week I have all I need for my preplanned meals through myalliplan. YEAH ME for being at least a little good.

mezmerize
06-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Checking in before bed. I took 2 alli pills today. I ate a late breakfast so considered that lunch. So far so good. I kept my fat to a min. taking the pill has really made me think is this (food porn) worth having a treatment effect! I'm totally afraid of that! I've not had any gas or anything else go wrong. I did go #1 alot today but I'm not sure if it's the water I drank. (100 oz) Which was fairly tipical to what I was drinking before alli. Maybe I just noticed it because the pill.

PsyDiva
06-26-2007, 02:29 AM
I'm new to this site and I saw the 10 lbs 10 times and I never thought of weight loss in that way. I had such an epiphany and so want to join this group if all possible.

mezmerize
06-26-2007, 10:25 AM
PsyDiva - Welcome to 3FC's 10 lbs at a time!! It looks like we are pretty much the same in weight and height. There is a great group of ppl here and so post and you'll get answers. Sometimes it make take a bit but they do get answered.
Are you using a Weight Loss Program such at Weight Watchers, South Beach... or doing your own thing? I think what I learned here was that no one plan was the perfect WLP for everyone. I've even found that I've had to touch up a plan here and there to fit my lifestyle. The main thing is NEVER GIVE UP!!! Ok with that said Lets shrink some fat cells!!!

JasonsLea
06-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Continue to keep us updated Mez!

Welcome Psy! 3FC is a great site with great people!

So I ate HORRIBLY this past week but managed (barely) to lose .6. Back on track now, though I'm STARVING right now (at the library, no where near anything to eat)! Summer courses start tomorrow so I'll be online more often. Peace.

mezmerize
06-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Shari - Way to go getting back on the wagon!! You know even those small numbers add up to BIG losses. It's great your back on track!!

As for me I took my 2nd day on the alli pill. So far no poopy pants. If anything I'm more a bit blocked up. Sorry if this is to many details for some but if there is anyone out there that wants to know what has happen to others I'm going to give all I can. I wanted to know all I could before taking it. I'm taking in more than enough fiber. Believe me I'm NOT going to try and test this by eating more fat than I should!! I'll just a happy wait for it to improve. I'm followning the URL's weekly food plans. I do change and tweak them a bit here and there. I'm not hungry after my meals. I've even skipped a few snacks. I did work some fitness into my day. 1 Mile Walk Away The Pounds. I was full of energy but had to clean the house so did my mile and power cleaned. If anyone has any question fill free to ask. My weight in day is Thursday. I'm hopin that my ticker will be right on track!

JasonsLea
06-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed Mez!

PsyDiva
06-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Thank you guys for the welcome. Mez I'm using Alli as well and I have been pleased with the results. Now if I can only get in the gym!

mezmerize
06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
PsyDiva - How long have you've been using Alli? Are you doing a weight loss program plan with it or using the Alli plan on their URL.

Shari - Can you cross your toes for me also?? Hehe I could you all the well wishes I'm a extreamly slow turtle when it comes to weight loss. That is also another reason I'm using Alli mabye it will give my motab a kick in the bum!!

As for me I feel pretty good. Ate a late breakfast... I just didn't want to get out of bed. I actually feel full of energy. So I'm going to keep this short and move my buns about!! :)

PsyDiva
06-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Mez, I have been on Alli for 9 days. I've lost the 8lbs on program. My WI is Monday. I'm excited to see the results for the second week. I'm used the Alli plans the first week but this week I'm just doing my own low fat low cal diet. I think its working just as well bc I got on the scale this morning and was down another 2lbs. But weekends are hard for me so I hope I can continue with the weight loss. Last weekend was a struggle!

mezmerize
06-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Thurdays my 4 day on Alli. I stepped on the scale and I'm back to my ticker weight!!! (4 lbs loss) I'm very happy! This tool has kept me honest! No just a tiny bite of this or that. Now to work on my new ticker!

JasonsLea
06-29-2007, 07:29 PM
YAY Mez and P! So TOM came last night and today was my *****ing day. I'm so grumpy, everything and everyone is ticking me off. Ah well, the moods will be gone tomorrow, hopefully.

mezmerize
06-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Shari - TOM is always a surprise. Mine is also here I should have known my DH and DH were really bugging me and I got a bit snappy with them. Somedays I just want to lay in my room and listen to music. I'm sure they also feel the same way about me. I was going to call my doctor for different pain meds for my cramps. (right now I'm on a strong version of advil) I was taking bextra but that was pulled off the market. I tell you when I'm dreaming Im havin cramps then they wake me up something needs to be done considering I took my meds before bed. UGH!!
Who's the guy in your avatar?

JasonsLea
06-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Lucky for me, my cramps aren't so bad that I have to take deep meds. Regular aspirin, taken AS SOON as I get up in the morning, works for me. It would have been wonderful if I could have just chilled out yesterday but I got my car which meant errands, errands, and errands! Yesterday was all fast food but it worked out well for me because Friday was also my cheat day. Back on track today and less pissy.

That's my love Gerard Butler. *sigh* Sexy Scot.

PsyDiva
06-30-2007, 09:34 PM
TOM must be contagious on this thread. It got me too! Nonetheless, Im sure we'll all weather the period eating and conquer the bloating. Keep up the good work ladies.

pinupdreams
07-01-2007, 11:38 AM
total weight loss for june... 16 pounds!!! which means officially this month i could lose only 4 pounds and still be on track with my 10lbs per month thing lol but i wont.. i will lose another 10 whole ones! :) by the way im a total of 101 lbs down!

JasonsLea
07-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Psy ~ TOM is contagious on this whole site! LMAO

PinUp ~ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! :congrat::cheer2::woohoo:

mezmerize
07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Shari - Gotta love a scotish accent!!!

Pinup - CONGRATS!!!!

As for me I'm starting 2nd week on Alli. So far no TE. I feel fine. I'm a bit tired today I watched a movie lastnight. Other than that I'm can't wait to my I weight in on Thursday. Sending many warm vibes you way. Happy 4th Everyone!!!

JasonsLea
07-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Good Luck Mez!

WI today: down 2.6 lbs WITH TOM! Whoohoo!

JasonsLea
07-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh I just realized that my WI today makes that my first ten lbs since I got serious about doing this (5/29/07).

mezmerize
07-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Shari - Many Congrats on the 2.6 LOSS!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

As for me I've now left the 230's behind forever!!! Today I weight in at 227.5
The next few weeks will be a huge test. The 16th is my 43rd birthday and come Monday I'll be watching my grandkids (boy 2yrs /girl 8 months) while my daughter is at college. I'm going to need to plan plan plan.

JasonsLea
07-05-2007, 08:13 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT Mez! Congrats! Oh the 16th must be a good day because that's also when I start my NEW JOB!!!

JasonsLea
07-09-2007, 09:09 PM
where are my ladies?

mezmerize
07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Shari - Sounds like the 16th will be interesting for both you and I. Many congrats on the new job! Yesterday was my 1st day back with the grand kids. I had one slipup. When my grandson was finished with lunch he didn't finish his chicken nuggets. So when I was taking his tray from him I mindlessly popped a nugget into my mouth!!! EEEEK!!! I tell is was like second nature just didn't give it a thought until I got a taste and thought of my Alli pill. Well that stopped me right there. I honestly think if it wasn't for the pill I'd eaten them like a mindless zombie.

spunker
07-11-2007, 07:08 AM
PsyDiva, welcome to the site and thread! How has the Alli been working for you?

JasonsLea, lol I think PsyDiva was right about periods being contagious - I started mine July 2. You know how they say that women who live together start to have their periods at the same time? :lol:

Congrats on getting the new job!

pinupdreams, I realize I'm behind, but a big congrats on your 16 pound loss for June!

mezmerize, congrats on leaving the 230's forever! :carrot: That's great! I think that's great that you were able to realize about the chicken nugget. I think that it can really be an eye opener.

Gah, it's been a bit stressful lately.

After my last post, I gained 10.5 pounds in less than a week. I started my period July 2, so I don't know if it had anything to do with that or not. I weighed in at 173 July 1st, but since then it's been flying off.

I'm currently down to 159.2 - I have 4.2 more pounds to reach my next set of 10.

I've been dating this one guy for a little over a week now - we dated 2 years ago. The last time he saw me was when I was about 235 - 240 pounds. Needless to say he was very shocked.

I also had to put my nearly 2 year old cat down on Friday. Hard thing to have to do.

Current BMI is 30.1. So close to getting out of obese BMI, w hich I absolutely can't wait. I can't remember a time where I wasn't considered obese.

mezmerize
07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
spunker - Congrats on the weight flying off. Think your fat could give mine some flying lessons? I'm sorry to hear about your cat.

mezmerize
07-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Today is my weight in day. I'm down 2lbs. I'm a bit surprised since I didn't do much in the form of fitness. Other than carry a baby around or play on the floor with a toddler. But I'll take it.

JasonsLea
07-12-2007, 04:38 PM

Mez ~ WTG at stopping at one nugget and those two lbs!

Spunker ~ I'm sure that was mostly water weight. So sorry about your cat. :hug:

So WI was Tuesday and I am up a pound. Pffft! I'm not worried though. That lb and two more will be gone next WI, guaranteed. :)

spunker
07-13-2007, 06:50 AM
mezmerize, congrats on being down 2 pounds!

JasonsLea, I'm pretty sure it was mostly water weight since it was nearly completely gone by the end of my period (I know a couple had to have been from how I was eating - high carb stuff after not having many).

I'm the pound will come off quickly! I remember the last time I did WW, during the meeting they said freshly gained are easiest to lose that week.

I absolutely love your attitude :)

I'm down. I still have 2.6 until my next 10.

This morning's weight offically took me out of obese BMI and into overweight BMI :D However, I still might be at an obese BMI because I just used one of those online calculators, and I don't know how accurate they are.

mezmerize
07-13-2007, 08:58 AM
JasonsLea - I agree with spunker on both the water weight and the attitude! :)

Spunker - Congrats on being overweight!!! I'm sure you'll have that a thing of the pass soon!

I mentioned to my husband that yesterday was my weight in day and what I weighted. He said that is really good you lost 10 lbs! I thought a moment and YUP I DID!!! I guess because of the way I designed my ticker I didn't think of it. Oh yea when I lost my 1st week I earned some Alli Rewards from the myalli plan. IMO it sucked! All that it is they text message you warm fuzzies!!! Some reward I have to "pay" them and they have my cell number! No thanks.
I was thinking maybe a coupon off Alli or maybe a healthy food item.

JasonsLea
07-14-2007, 06:56 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Spunker and Mez!

Mez, those 'rewards' do sound sucky. And how can they be rewards if you are paying for them?

spunker
07-15-2007, 12:38 PM
mezmerize, congrats on that 10 pounds! Sounds like good "reward" would have been a coupon or something of the sort. That sucks that you have to pay for a text of warm fuzzies. Hopefully that's something they will improve with over time!

JasonsLea, how are you holding up?

156.4 this morning, so that leaves me 1.4 left to lose to complete my next 10. Once I complete this next 10, that will be 50 pounds since the start of this thread! I started the thread at 205 :o

spunker
07-16-2007, 06:24 AM
154.4 this morning, so that completes another set of 10. I almost don't want to say I've completed it yet, but 155 would be my set of 10, and even if the 154.4 isn't 100% real, it's still showing as of today.

So, I'm going to go with the flow, say it's completed.

Next set of 10 will put me at 145...

I'm starting to get nervous with the numbers.

JasonsLea
07-16-2007, 11:51 AM
WOOOOOOOT! Congratulations Spunker! I'm so proud! Why are you getting nervous? You should be doing the cancan or something!

pinupdreams
07-16-2007, 06:38 PM
as of today i have lost my 10 lbs for this month already and 1 pound away from 199!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im freaking out i cant wait to see that number at least by wednesday.. feels so good to be 2 weeks ahead of myself.. which means i can reach my goal sooner now ;)

JasonsLea
07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
*SCREAMS* OMG you guys are making my hoarse! I'm so happy and proud! You go girls!

Well I lied. I didn't lose that 1 lbs this week, I didn't lose anything. I could sit around and pout but I'm really don't have the patience for whining right now. I was a bad girl the last two weeks and I'm lucky I didn't gain. I'll start losing again this week and keep truckin.

Figured out how to fit in my workouts with the new job. Will be able to go up to 4 times a week.

I started my second job yesterday and it's good and bad. Good because it is EASY as **** and my co workers are funny. Bad because it is SO boring and tedious that I get super sleepy REALLY fast! I drank three cups of coffee today and it didn't help. Lucky for me, everyone including the TRAINER gets sleepy too so *shrugs*

spunker
07-18-2007, 06:41 AM
pinupdreams, Congratulations!!! :carrot: You are soooo unbelievably close to 199!

JasonsLea, I have to say that I truly, honestly admire your attitude so much. If that were me, I would be absolutely flipping my lid lol, but your attitude is so unbelievably amazing, and if anything at all, that is the one thing that will make you succeed. I think I have a lot to learn from you :)

Aren't those sleep-inducing jobs the best? Mine's like that lol I don't know how you work two jobs, but major props to you!

pinupdreams
07-19-2007, 08:31 AM
199 as of yesterday morning.. no longer 200+ pounds!!!

mezmerize
07-19-2007, 09:58 AM
pinupdreams, spunker you guys doing great!! I'm so so happy for you 2! Congrats!!

JasonLea - I know what you mean about boring jobs. What kept me going after a year of being bored was saying each morning I'm going to quit tomorrow. I stayed on 4 additional years. I stood all day. I kept saying who else is going to pay me for standing. I was working alone. So no body to talk to. Makes me yawn just thinking about it! LOL

Well my birthday was pretty much normal day. Watched a movie and I thought I was saving cals by eating a Perkins Muffin. OMG it had 26 grams of fat and was 560 Cals!!! I was off my Alli this week because I had to got to the doctor and my birthday. I wasn't sure if we'd do something special and I didn't want to have a treatment effect. My doctor wants me to have a hystroctomy. I'm not ready for that. So we are going to try a few other things. My weight in was today. down 1 lbs.

JasonsLea
07-21-2007, 02:11 PM

Spunker ~ :o Oh gosh! You flatter me! Seriously, thank you! I guess I just kinda told myself one day that I totally screwed myself over in high school by being depressed and beating myself up about my weight instead of DOING SOMETHING and I didn't want to be one of those women that blinked and it's thirty years later, I'm HEAVIER, and still crying over the same thing! At least I'm trying to actually put some time and effort into this this time and I know I will succeed. As they say, I didn't gain it overnight and I won't lose it overnight!

WOOOOOT Pinup! Congrats girl! You're an inspiration!
:bravo::woohoo::congrat::broc:

Mez ~ :bday2you::celebrate::bday2you: And congrats on the 1 lb!

So my first week at my new job is officially over. Super easy, just requires LOTS of coffee! My co workers are a riot, I'm always laughing and sometimes blushing because they can get really raw. Next week, we get our own cubicles! I get to decorate and everything! We have a big industrial size refrigerator in the breakroom and I'm going to buy a large insulated bag and make sure I have plenty healthy snacks ready. Plus water, lots of BOTTLE water! You can't drink the water at either one of my jobs. Seriously! Every other woman is PREGNANT! I don't want to pull a Virgin Mary! Having two jobs means I'll be getting paid every week and will be able to save up for my move in December so I'm smiling alot these days!

mezmerize
07-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Shari - Glad to hear your smiling! Your right about sitting around feeling sorry for oneself. I know I'm guilty of doing that way to many days and not one good thing came of it! I got a cute clipare pic here. I'm going to try and make a ticker from. It's of a stork trying to eat a frog, the frog had it's hands around the throat of stork. Then above was witten NEVER GIVE UP!! I love that pic. I have it backed up on a disk I just need to find it. I'm not on alli right now. I've decided to stay off it til I have a chance to take those meds and see how I react to them. I get weird effects from them. So I'm playing it safe even if the Doc. said I could take them with my Alli. I've been doing "ok" on my eating. I need to workout! I'm just not able to find the time and when I do my son has a friend over. I'm going to workout with them here. I had a talk with him and we are working things out with that. I tell just when I think I have something figured out something else comes up!

mezmerize
07-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Weight in was yesterday and TOM decided to visit. I'm down 1 lbs. Slowly moving but at least it's moving. I'm still off Alli. I had to take one of my meds yesterday. I will say this I didn't feel any pain but it make me kind of floaty. Which I really didn't care for. I won't be taking these when I'm watching the grandkids! I've decided not to take Alli until TOM is over. Which can be awhile for me. It is going to be interesting to see how Alli works for me when I do start taking it again. I hope all is going well your end. Shari thanks for the lovely Bday wish. I had typed that in my last message but for some reason I was logged off and had to retype password and all else. That is the 2nd time it's happen. Sending lots of happy vibes.

JasonsLea
07-31-2007, 12:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, trying to settle into the new job and all. Hopefully I will be getting my computer fixed within the next two weeks so I can be able to be online more often. So after TOM decided to show up last week, I've blown up about 4 lbs. No biggie. Ya, I said no biggie. Life has been hectic anyway and I can't sit here and say I've been OP. But I just turned 21 Sunday and this is a new start. I'm a big kid now and I got to get my **** together. August is officially Shari's month, yall. It's my month to get my WL plans back on track, get my bills in order, and treat myself because **** yeah I deserve it!

JasonsLea
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Where are all my ladies? :(

JasonsLea
08-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Morning all. Have you all left me? :(

JasonsLea
08-19-2007, 12:23 PM
TOM started last night. No wonder I've been so moody the past week and eating like a pig!

JasonsLea
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Where are all my girls!?!?! Did you leave me? Come back!

I'm thinking of trying yoga again. Still waiting *impatiently* to see if Spirit Halloween will call me. I put the app in only last week but I wanna start NOW! Sarah says its lots of fun and I need MONEY!

So I have to get my stepfather a really nice gift this year! He has been taking care of me since mama's gone. We went to the car part place today and he got me the much needed windshield wiper arm, headlight bulb, and the little button thing that rolls up my windows. Tomorrow we're going to get a door handle so I can stop reaching across the seat to open the passenger door! And he fixed my power steering so all I need to get is some fluid and I'm set! Plus he brought me lunch AND put VERY much needed gas in my car! YAY stepdaddy!

mezmerize
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm back :) sorry I wrote you an email about why I was MIA hope you got it. I'm down from my ticker I need to make a new one. My weight is 217. So the scale has moved rather slow but it has moved. I'm not on my Alli but I'll be starting it soon again. I wasn't able to take it with all the crazy hours at the hospital and having to grab what was around and try and be good fat calorie wise.
Sounds like you have a very caring stepfather. Yoga sure makes one feel great. I have only done the videos. I'm sure the classes are better since you'll have someone help you learn the form.
I have to run my grandson keeps hitting the keys and I been having to retype this way to many times.
take Care and I hope to see everyone else return and some new faces!!

JasonsLea
10-10-2007, 03:49 PM
WELCOME BACK MEZ!

So today was a good day.....healthwise. I made the decision to go to nightshift today. I start Sunday. My BFF works nights and she says it's great. Not only are the supers more laid back, you get to leave early AND you get paid more (almost $1 more)! Today was the final straw for me in day shift. They are so full of crap. I didn't want to leave Birmingham with a bad taste in my mouth.

Car's in the shop, this time for the last time for a while hopefully. Finally decided to just go ahead and take it to the 'real' mechanics....the ones that will tell me EXACTLY what's wrong, not what MIGHT be wrong, and will go ahead and fix it. Should get it back in a week or so.

I WENT TO THE GYM TODAY! It was great! I felt fantastic! I walked there from the job. It was a nice day. Not a Shari day but nice. The sun was shining and it was warm but there was a nice breeze going so I didn't feel like I was going to die. It was an almost forty min walk then I got to the gym and did weights for another 30. My thighs were SCREAMING so I went into the sauna, first time in MONTHS. I missed it so much! Would have went into the whirlpool but TOM is here so no dice. Funny thing, a woman came in while I was in the steam room and sat down. She was bigger than me and FULLY DRESSED! I've never seen anyone dressed in anything more a swimsuit in the sauna. I kinda understand though. It took me a while to get used to walking around naked. The first couple of weeks, I just brought a huge towel from home and wrapped that around me. I'm a little more comfortable now, even though I still bring the towel when I remember. After that, I walked about five blocks to the library. I almost smacked the security guard though. He told me I couldn't come in because I had my work clothes in my bag! WTF?! He said 'rules' so I went outside, walked over to the research building (which is just a extension of the library) and ran into another security guard WHO LET ME IN!!! So the first guard was just a jerkoff. :p And now I'm here typing in the computer lab. And I'm going to do more walking soon cause I have to catch the bus to my neighborhood.

WOW that's a long post! Oh and I'm OP today too......including NINE glasses of water so far! :D

mezmerize
10-11-2007, 10:06 AM
WTG!! Staying on plan. I use to work security and I tell you some ppl once they get to be a security worker they think they are The Awe And Powerful OZ!!! They are just bullies! That was the thing I hated most. A few were super cool but I found the worst ones were the wimps and felt they had to prove somthing by pushing around others. UGH
I'm going to be weighting in on Fridays. TOM is still messed up can go and stop a few times a month. So my weight can go up and down I swear hourly!
I don't let it get me down because I'm looking at the big picture!

I'll try and write a bit of something everyday and maybe before long we will have many new 10 lbs at a time losers.
Take Care
Mez

JasonsLea
10-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Morning Mez!

Yesterday was just a chill out day. I was so sleepy, I just went to work and then went right back home and crashed! Good thing about extra sleep, you're not eating! But back to the grind today.

spunker
10-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Wow, it has been awhile.

Sorry for the abrupt leave. Got back together with my (former) ex beginning of July, and just got myself pretty busy.

Weightloss kind of went on a back burner. I started eating a lot, but surprisingly been pretty much been maintaining (don't know how). Though I haven't weighed in a bit, so I might have gained *scared* I think I'm somewhere in the 160's, possibly lower 170's (might sneak a peek on the boyfriend's scale before work since I haven't really been at my apt at a time where I can weigh myself accurately).

But now that I'm trying to get back into the weightloss bit. I've come to far to gain everything back. When I dated my boyfriend before, I was about 235 and he really couldn't pick me up. Now he can, and it's such a great feeling, and well, it'd be kind of mortifying if he couldn't anymore. But I don't know, I want to continue. I've come so far, and I don't want the best success I've had so far turn on me.

The other week I went to the gym for the first time in almost 4 months. I'd like to go again after work, but I'm not sure if I can. I'd been too occupied to go before, and then when I was ready to go back, ended up with a staph infection (twice), and now that I've been healthy for a few weeks may have another staph infection coming back, so I don't know if it'd be a good idea.

One of the things that's irritating beyond belief is that it seems hard to try to even think about losing weight while I'm with my boyfriend. I'm practically living with him (I haven't slept at my apt in almost 2 months let alone spent more than 10 minutes there in a few days time). His house is packed with some of the greatest foods, and a lot of times it is hard to resists (him and his dad are really good cooks - his dad has a side catering business).

Any suggestions? I was doing okay at first, but then I got really comfortable about eating, and now I seem to find it difficult to stop.

But anyway, I plan on getting back on track and coming back and posting here more. Missed you all and was wondering how everyone was doing.

mezmerize
10-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Shari - Hey I know how you feel. When my grandkids take their naps I just want to crawl in bed myself.

Spunker- Welcome back! Congrats on getting back with the BF and maintaining.
Now for some hopefully good advice about all those good eats around you. This is what I did when I was MIA - Now bear in mind I wasn't eating on plan but I did manage to lose weight around 5 lbs not alot but it's a loss and not a gain so I'm going to pat myself on the back for that.
I try to picture two things in my mind before I eat. I picture myself now and then think of what I want to look like. How I feel I would eat at that weight. Then most of the time I eat only a small amount of the high fat/cal stuff and load up on veggies/salads. I try to use only vinager salad dressings. Sometime I do slip and I try and make up for it later by maybe not eating as much my next meal or trying to get a 10 min. workout be it dancing to music in the bathroom (So no one can see me or bugg me) What was a great help was when I went shopping and they had one of those trick mirrors for halloween and I walked by and it make me look my idea weight!! That maked me feel great and I still have that "high" when I think of what I looked like.
Just don't ever give up and never beat yourself up tomorrow is another day and you'll do it!!

JasonsLea
10-15-2007, 06:38 PM
WELCOME BACK SPUNKER!

Hi Mez!

70 mins Sat. Sorry for the short post but got to get to work! *kisses*

mezmerize
10-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Shari - WTG on the workout!!

JasonsLea
10-17-2007, 01:14 AM
Down 1.2 this week.

No exercise for the past two days. I can feel my body getting back into that lazy zone so back to the gym tomorrow.

mezmerize
10-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Hello Ladies I hope all is going well on your ends. I got a mail from curves the other day I'm thinking of giving it a try. Anyone out there doing curves?

JasonsLea
10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Mez ~ Curves is nice but it can get boring at times. But it's a great starter workout IMO.

30 mins yesterday, 30 today.

mezmerize
10-21-2007, 10:41 AM
*FAINT* I stepped on the scale and I was up 3 LBS from yesterday!! I'm thinking it's water weight from TOM. Anyways I'm going to try and get it off as quickly as possible!!
Thanks for the info on Curves. I think that is what I need right now maybe a kick start to fitness.

JasonsLea
10-21-2007, 02:53 PM

Mez ~ I'm sure it's just water weight.

70 mins Friday and 70 mins yesterday, all walking. Hoping I can get to the gym tomorrow.

So I had a total WTF? moment yesterday: I was delivering the dinner trays in MICU and one of the patients was looking at me and crackling when I was setting him up. As I was leaving, he said 'You got a fat face....but you're pretty.' Ooookkkaaay. I just looked at him and left. I wasn't hurt or angry, it was just 'Huh?'

mezmerize
10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Humm I don't know what to think about what that guy said. Other than your petty the rest was bla bla bla... Honestly some men do have a way with their words. One guy told me that some guys say something good like him finding you attractive but are fightened that you'll reject them so may add something rude to make them feel safe.

Well I weight in again today. Still 3lbs up! UGH I did start my Alli and am going to eat on plan. Which is kind of hard since my grandkids love to share their food with me. My grandson has caught on that I'm faking bites so today he faked eating his lunch.

Well I better get this house pickedup. Grandkids are gone and I need to pic up and take a nice long bath.

JasonsLea
10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Mez ~ LMAO Your grandson sounds like a sharp one!

60 mins of walking today. We had a very pretty day. It was kinda dark, threatening rain, and the wind was blowing (well, it was pretty to me!).

Someone noticed today and it was weird cause I really haven't lost anything and when she asked, I kinda denied. She then asked me if I was trying, I said yes, and she said it showed. Not sure how to feel about that.

mezmerize
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Shari feel great your getting healthy and it's showing!!! WTG
I know when I'm eating better my skin and body in general feel great!
Great Job on the walking. I REALLY REALLY need to move my BUM!!

My grandkids are my life. I just love them to no end!!

JasonsLea
10-23-2007, 09:07 PM
:wave: yall!

Stayed the same this week. From now on, only veggies at work!

mezmerize
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I sneaked on the scale lastnight before bed and it was down. So keeping my fingers crossed that friday it will still be down. I go to the doctor in the morning so I'm weight myself at both places and see how off my scale is. I know that Friday will only be my 5th day on Alli but I want to keep that as my weight in day so after this week it will be every 7 days for offical weight ins. I know that I will still step durning the week but will only count fridays. humm I'm rambling better get some those beakfast dishes finished.

JasonsLea
10-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Mez ~ My fingers are crossed too!

30 mins walking today. I think I need to set up the coffee pot again! since I've switched to nights, I've been sleeping WAY to much as opposed to too little. I need to shot for 7-9 hours because if I get less or more, I get horrible headaches.

Electronics rant:

Okay, I am SO pissed right now! my cable got turned off, which was totally my fault, so i had been watching DVDs for the last couple of weeks. So the other night, after I had just got finished watching The Brothers Grimm, I had a urge to watch Helen of Troy. so I pop it in, I knew something was wrong because it didn't immediately go to the DVD screen. It said 'loading' for about six mins then popped the movie out! I tried again, same thing. Assuming it was the dvd, I tried a different movie.....then another....then another....then another! Same thing. finally I put back in the Brothers Grimm, which I had just watched that morning, and IT DID THE SAME THING! So somehow my DVD player is screwed up! *screams* So no TV! All the channels are fuzzy and I have no rabbit ears!

Today.....
I was finally ready to try this pumpkin pie smoothie that I had got out of Prevention. I got the ingredients, stomach rumbling, and started the blender. it started to blend then I pushed another button for a higher speed, saw a spark and heard a little pop. Blender went dead. I'm thinking, plug outlet blew. But the microwave was still on! Unplugged the blender and tried every damn socket in that kitchen...no dice. So my blender is broken! And I can't find the receipt! I just had it last week! I think it's in the car....at the shop....with my umbrella and my license! *screams*

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 07:21 PM
i'm in.... my WI day is Tuesday's before work

JasonsLea
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
WOOOT!!!! New blood!

:welcome3: Sally!

mezmerize
10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Welcome Sally!!!

Shari - Sounds like you are having a terrible eletronics week!! Sorry to hear about the dead of your DVD and Blender. Does prevention have a URL maybe you can check the site for that recipe.

As for me I was so tired lastnight. I went to bed at 8 slept til 12 ish and couldn't fall back asleep til 3am ish. Now will have to stick toothpicks in my eyes to keep up with grandkids! I did get a few extra winks in this morning since son didn't have school.

JasonsLea
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Mez ~ I have a copy of the recipe.

Homework today so only 30 mins of walking.

mezmerize
10-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Well the doctors visit went ok. My weight at the doctors office was 214 but my scale says 217. I'm going to use the weight my scale states since I will be using that weekly. I have to go to P.T. for my shoulder. My doctor said as long as I'm careful she doesn't see why I can't go to curves. I know my limitations.
I've finally finished my new ticker.

JasonsLea
10-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Mez ~ I'm so happy it went well with the doc. I noticed your new ticker as soon as the page came up, I like! You made your own?

mezmerize
10-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi Shari
Yea I make my own tickers. I like to customize them since I find I'm more inspired by them.

JasonsLea
10-27-2007, 06:24 PM
:wave: all.

70 mins today. I bypassed my goal this month! :dance:

Someone else noticed today. My mama's BFF asked me if I was losing weight. I told her 'not really, I think I'm losing inches'. We'll see at the end of this week. I actually measured myself at the beginning of this month so....:D

pinupdreams
10-29-2007, 05:25 AM
im back! life has been rough for me lately but i have managed to maintain my weight and not gain. im currently 186 and i know, its time for me to get back on track and get out of the danger zone (170's,180's) once and for all. wish me luck, here i go again.. full force.

JasonsLea
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
WOOOOOOOT!

The Queen of 10lbs-a-month is back! Welcome back Pinup! :carrot:

mezmerize
10-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Pinup - Congrats on not adding more weight. Sending lots of luck. Which on know is darn hard work!!! Sending you many many vibes to stay strong and kick some butt!!

Shari - HOLY COW YOUR R KICKING IT!!

JasonsLea
10-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Guess what everyone?! I GOT THE FIRST CALL!!!:dance: Anyone who has worked for the government, especially the VA, should know what I am talking about. The first call is one of about three communications you get when you've got the job. In other words, San Antonio has accept my motion for a transfer!:woohoo: I got a call yesterday from the chief himself! He asked me if I was still interested, how long would it take for me to get there, then we made small talk. Then he told me that HR would contact me. :D HR will be the second call, then I will probably get a letter telling me when orientation is. Since the SA VA is about four times bigger than the Birmingham one, I'm sure I'm going to have to do orientation again. Now, if I hadn't gotten the job, he wouldn't have called me and he definitely wouldn't have told me HR would call me! YAY! :broc:

Oh and I lost 2.2 lb this week. :)

Dia
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Needing support. I would like to join. Its a great plan . Im working on my second 10. Is anyone using alli? What do you think of it? Can it be bought in Canada?

mezmerize
10-31-2007, 09:37 AM
:carrot::carrot: SHARI :carrot::carrot::carrot::hug::bravo::cb::cp::jig:: hat::dance::dancer::flow2::cheer2::congrat::congra t::congrat::cheer::cheer:
I'm so so happy for you can you tell?

Dia - I'm on my 2nd try on Alli. I stopped a while back for medical reason. (Alli wasn't the cause) My 1st experience went very well as far as my eating and I suffered no Treatment Effects. There were some women that ate more fat then allowed to "test" the what ifs. I'm not that brave. They said that (Ok for those of you with weak stomachs don't read on) Their bowls consisted of an oily orange liquid like on the top of pizza floating on the potty. As far as I recall everyone made it to the bathroom many did take care to have an extra set of panties and wear pantie liners for the just incase if they over did it. Most including myself did have mild headaches the 1st couple weeks but they went away. ( I took advil) Also most of us started TOM shortly after taking it. If you do decide to take it join the MY ALLI site. Provided by Alli. They have a fourm for Questions. You also get free gifts after certain milestones.
Like I stated before I'm on my 1st week of my second try so far no headaches or TOM.
Also I know there are women from Canada taking it but I'm not sure if they bought it there or if it's from Mail order. You may want to check out the ALLI site.

JasonsLea
10-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Welcome Dia!

Awww thanks Mez. *blush* :hug:

Who's ready for a brand new month?!

mezmerize
11-01-2007, 09:49 AM
(raises hand) I AM!:cb: I AM !:cb:

JasonsLea
11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
I see you already have your Nov ticker. Very good! Tomorrow is the launch of a new BodyJam class and I am SO there!

annaedwards1989
11-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Ahh ok, I'm totally in with this "10lbs 10 times' Idea...its such a good one, i totally need some kick up the ***, and if the baby steps are the way then so be it!!

Out of interest, im from the UK..and not new with the whole 'lbs' thing, 10lbs is roughly about a stone isn't it?????!!!!!!!!

JasonsLea
11-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Welcome Anna! I looked online and it seems that 1 stone is about 14 lbs.

So I had a NSV last night and NO it didn't have anything to do with halloween candy! I got a call from my BFF telling me that she had just got a check in the mail from our school for over a $1000! Left over financial aid. So we were both psyched but as soon as I got off the phone, I could feel myself going downhill. I was thrilled for her but I couldn't help but wonder why does everyone else get the good luck? Then I looked at the huge stack of bills on my kitchen table and started crying. then I immediately started to hate myself. i ran into the bedroom and dug out the whooping $2.17 that I have to my name, fully intending to march down to the gas station and drown myself in 25 cent fudgies. i was counting out the change ( yes! CHANGE!) when I actually stopped and asked myself, what the **** are you DOING?!?! I'm shocked no one called the cops cause I got up and started screaming at myself and cussing. I bit my tongue and that quieted me down. Then I went and made myself a packet of hot chocolate. it worked.

UntilMOMMI
11-01-2007, 06:53 PM
I just saw this today...I even had my ticker set for 10#'s at a time, so I know I need to be a part of this group.

I am close to leaving my first 10 behind. I have 7 down, 3 to go. It's not as hard as I thought it was... but it is a continuous journey... 10 lbs at a time.

JasonsLea
11-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Welcome Until!

mezmerize
11-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Shari Ė HUGZ and more HUGZ Girl! You stopped a major tigger that could have set you in a tail spin Iím so very proud of you.

annaedwards - Welcome to our group! I look forward to helping you with your new lifestyle.

UntilMommi Ė Welcome to our group your doing great!

As for me I went to my 1st Curves class lastnight. I actully thought the time went fast. I really think I like it. I came home in a great mood. Then ( insert horror music here) my husband was being a passive butthead complaining about everything. Cussing and such... I hate when that happens.

JasonsLea
11-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Mez ~ I'm glad you enjoyed the class. Sorry for silly DH.

My morning has started out fantastic. I went to bed with a raging headache last night, the pain woke me up at 3 am and I could barely get back to sleep. Then, being my usual stupid self, I decided to call my bank's hotline to see how much my check was: $255. Oh wow! THAT's definitely going to cover my bills! What's the ****ing point of me switching to nights?! I went to nights knowing that I was going to be getting paid more and assuming that my check would look like my BFF's check, over $300. But NOOOOO! Not for Shari. This is what I get. I should have know it won't go right. I called payroll and basically, I do get paid more hourly, but my checks are going to basically stay the same. Taxes. Huh. ****!

mezmerize
11-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Taxes!! UGH!!

I stepped on the scate today and it did move down. I'm hoping it will be the same or even less by Friday. I'm one of those ppl that like to weight myself pretty much daily. Sometime it's stops me from over eating.
Not alot going on there other than my son not showing me the order form for his senior announcements. He was going to throw it out!!! He said he doesn't see the point. I had to drag him to take Seniors pictures. He's an A student and does take pride in school but he doesn't see the point on spending money on those kind so things. Now my daughter we had no problem with she loved taking her pictures and choosing announcments... go figure... sorry if lots of typos grandkid will be here soon .... umm there are here.. have a good day everyone!!!

UntilMOMMI
11-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Hello again everyone... just checkin' in. I'm 1lb closer... gonna really focus this week/month.... so I can get these pounds off. I hope I have my first 10 gone this week.

Thanks for the warm welcome.... and I'm gonna keep on going!

JasonsLea
11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Mez ~ make sure you get your boy all his senior stuff. I still regret not getting my senior stuff from Pleasant Grove. depression's a *****.

WOOOT Until! WTG!

So it's official! I got the call from HR today and I start in San Antonio on Dec. 10! Wow. Now, I'm kinda annoyed and excited nervous. Annoyed cause I have about three weeks to pack up my apartment (I hate, hate, HATE packing!) and excited nervous cause I'm actually doing this!!!

mezmerize
11-06-2007, 09:04 AM
UntilMOMMI Ė Great Attitude! Iím sure that 10 lbs will soon just be a memory!

Shari Ė Iíve been telling my son that heíll wish he had this stuff but he states heís sure he wonít.
WTG many many congrats on the new job!! My husband I moved around a lot in our early years. Hereís what I found helpful. Label, wrap your glass items with your towels. (Example dishes with dish cloths) Have an empty box by the TV so even if youíre ďtaking a breakĒ you can still pack things away. I kept out 1pot, pan, 1 set of silverware and I bought paper plates, disposable cups. On the last day I just threw these things into a bag along with my toiletries. I found this to be handy in the new apt. since I didnít have to worry about finding anything.

As for me 2nd day at Curves. I had a really good workout. I do have a heck of a time finding my pulse and when I do, I lose it again or time is up. My daughter just called said she won't be making it today. My grandson has been up almost all night getting sick. She thinks he is finally down. She was worried about taking time off since she has midterms today. Her teacher said it was fine. I'm glad for I know she'd not do well because she'd be thinking how her baby was.

JasonsLea
11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Mez ~ My first step is to start collecting boxes tomorrow to put this stuff in. I hope your grandbaby gets better soon.

mezmerize
11-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Shari - My grandson woke and was pretty much back to normal. I'm hoping my grand daughter doesn't come down with the same thing.

As for me physical therapy is once again today. The exercises they are having me do at home are working out nicely. I have more movement in my arm. I also have curves tonight. I went out for a Geek Salad lastnight with DH I'm not sure if Feta Cheese is an high fat food. I'm hope it's not terrible. I do love Greek Salads. YUM!

LittleMoonRabbit
11-07-2007, 01:29 PM
I love this idea... I just put a 10 lb goal for X-mas, and this would be perfect... I'm in :) I had a little over 40 lbs to lose. Right now I have 35 left... so 3.5*10... seems much more doable

mezmerize
11-08-2007, 07:56 AM
LittleMoonRabbit

mezmerize
11-08-2007, 08:02 AM
I have no idea why sometimes all that I wrote doesn't post but here I go again.

LittleMoonRabbit Ė Great ! That sounds like a perfect goal! Iíve found if I just think of the ten it doesnít seem so bad.

As for me PT when great I'm doing well. I was given some bands to work with. Curves went fast once again.

JasonsLea
11-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Welcome LittleMoon!

willba3
11-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I AM IN.... I do not have a weigh in date....I have no set diet plan....LOL that is why I am here to help me get on track and get one together!!!

mezmerize
11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Welcome Willba3! Since you don't have a set plan my I offer a few ideas. Start with baby steps. An example is if you drink lost of sodas then cut it down to only a limted number a day or completely out. Or maybe fitness say you'll do a workout of your choice for 10 minutes a day. It could be anything from dancing to the raido to lifting weights you choose what you think it doable. Soon other things will fall into place. I have also found that I'm am consently tweaking my plan here and there because of "life" issues. The main thing is to NEVER GIVE UP!! Ok I'll step off my soapbox. Once again welcome.

Shari - Hello to you. I bet your so busy planning and such. Sending many happy vibes your way.

As for me today was weight in day. I was worried. I asked he scale to be good to me and it was. 4 lbs down and it's even TOM. I'm going to take it and run!

willba3
11-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks! i appreciate it! I am fighting off making cookies now......I feel hungry and I drank 32oz of water so far......Yuck.....:(

JasonsLea
11-09-2007, 06:25 PM
WOOOT Mez!

Welcome Willba!

NSV?

I'm wearing size 20 jeans. Like two weeks ago, my 22s were sliding down my ***.

willba3
11-09-2007, 09:12 PM
sorry, dont laugh but what is NSV?

mezmerize
11-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Willba3 Ė NSV = No Scale Victory. Meaning a victory over a non scale achievement.
Like you drinking your water . Have you came up with a plan? I found if I eat some protein Iím not as hungry. I also try to keep sweet potatoes on hand when Iím very hungry a few minutes in the microwave and they are ready. I find this can stop me from eating out of control. Also when you said you feel hungry had you eaten. Itís a good thing to try and plan your meals and snacks for when you are hungry you can go to the frig and get say celery with a bit of peanut butter. I try to have my snacks prepared/pre measured. So I can just grab.

Shari Ė Congrats on the shrinkage!!!

Brrr Iím freezing I have turned up the heat and have a sweater, 2 pairs of socks on sweat pant and my throw over my legs and Iím still chilled. I think Iíll make me a cup of hot tea. I am so temped to turn on my mattress heating pad and crawl in. Ahh warmth comfort *sigh*

willba3
11-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I just bought to pr-packaged steamed broccoli and cheese.....I love broccoli!!! cool now I know.......You know protein does work I find that if I drink a genisoy protein shake in the morning I am less hungry throughout the day.....

The problem that I feel is a big deal:

Why is HEALTHY FOOD SO DARN EXPENSIVE??????
the bad stuff is so much more affordable, Is someone trying to keep us fat???

JasonsLea
11-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Willba ~ It's a consiperacy. Seriously!

mezmerize
11-12-2007, 09:56 AM
When I'm buying something healthy and it's pricey I try and think of how much a meal at MC D cost. Like I bought a bunch of this tangerines kinda oranges called Cuties. They are so good and small easy to pack away. They were $3 something for a bag. I was tempted not to get them since regular oranges were cheaper. But I thought these will last me through the week maybe longer, and how many time had I went to MC D and got a value meal and spent more money.
I know it's terrible expensive to eat healthy. I try to watch my sales, go to the farmers market in the summer. It's a jugglying act of what you can do. Just try and do your best.

Shari is anyone help you pack?

Well today I'm going to try and make curves TOM is really kicking my bum. I'm so tired. I'm going to tell myself today I have so much energy. See if it works.
Oh yea has anyone tried those Special K protien drinks. I bought some for the days I just can't seem to fill up. I try not to drink my calories but if this with help me fill full them I'm going to give it a try.

JasonsLea
11-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Mez ~ I try to use that reasoning but since I'm usually strapped for cash, I don't usually buy Value meals at McD's anyway! I've tried those Special K bars and they are nasty!!! You could try the Kashi bars. They are pricey ($1 at walmart!) but SOOOO good! And they can be used as meal bars.

rynngo
11-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Wilba3 - yes it is a consipiracy!! Glad to hear you found something you like! i'm a finicky eater, don't like lots of veggies but am learning to eat them on MY terms. I never liked the texture of onions or tomatoes but I do like the flavor so I have found that if I cut them into little pieces I can add them to my hamburgers or hoagie with lettuce and still get my veggies but don't notice the texture. I still don't like cooked spinach by itself but in a quiche, soup or raw in a salad is very good! And by "hiding" those veggies you can add the bulk you need to feel full. I have also found that by adding something with a little more fiber keeps me fuller longer and I eat less of it. for instance, I make my own pancakes and waffles and add oats, barley and whole wheat flour to the batter along with walnuts and apples or bananas. That way I only eat 2 or 3 instead of 6 or 7.

mezmerize
11-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Shari Ė I love the Kashi bars. Iíve also tried the Special K bars they are way to sweet for me. This is a Special K protein drink. (It also has fiber) My husband picked up the tea flavored one. To me it has the taste of Nestea the ready mix kind. I wanted to try it after going to curves last night to see if it would help to take away the hunger from my workout. I drank a bit before my workout. Then finished it off after it. I also ate some trisket crackers so Iím not sure if it was one or both that stopped me from over eating. I do know that wasnít hungry after snacking on them. I actually like the taste, but then again Iím a huge tea fan. Hey great idea on using the Kashi for meal bars. Iíve only had them for a snack. I do buy Slim Fast meal/snack bars for when Iím in a rush for breakfast.

rynngo - I think I ran into a thread here that someone uses pureed baby food and mixes it in sauces and other meals. I guess she originally started to do this because her children wouldnít eat veggies. Your pancakes sound very yummy!

As I stated above I went to curves last night. While my daughter and I were interested in joining and wanted to find out the cost. IMO it very pricey for what you get. I can join the YMCA and have more of a variety of things to do. Actually w/o this special it would be over $100.00 more. I have 2 weeks to decide. Since my family has be asking for my Christmas list I figured this would be perfect present. Then theyíd be done shopping.

JasonsLea
11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Mez, I'm hoping I can find a good, cheap gym soon as I get into San Antonio. I want to get right into a routine.

JasonsLea
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
So I got a call from my mama earlier, letting me know to not get storage because she and my stepdad are coming up to get all their stuff out of storage so I can put my stuff with theirs. I kinda figured this would happen because even though I'm 21, I'm still her child and she doesn't want me making the trip (at least the first time) alone. So there goes my road trip. Kinda disappointed but have that warm fuzzy feeling cause my mama loves me (in her usual non-verbal way). :^:

mezmerize
11-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Shari Ė My daughter is 23 and my son is 18 they are and will always be my baby. I think at times I worry about them more since they are out in the big world and I donít always know who they are with where they are at and when they will be returning. (Well with my daughter anyways) Kind of scary with all things that go on these days. Youíre mamaís baby and she gets all kinds of warm fuzzy feelings thinking about your and then the mama bear comes out and she thinks of a way to help and protect you. :)

Well today Iím bad from staying at my daughters and her husbandís home. I watched the grandkids while they went to Los Vegas. The 4 days there of not eating on plan has really got me bummed. Iím afraid to step on the scale. I know I need to take the bull by the horn and just step on it and do what needs to be done. UGH! On a good note I had a wonderful time with the grandkids. They are so sweet and I think it was good that I decided to stay there since it didnít mess up their routine. Well Iím off to weight myself. (Put in horror music now)

JasonsLea
11-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Mez ~ you sound like such a great grandmama! I'm sure it's not that bad.

mezmerize
11-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Shari - Thanks :)
The scale stayed the same. Happy Happy Joy Joy! I think running around with the kids and puppies burned up alot. Thank goodness.

JasonsLea
11-20-2007, 02:21 PM
WTG Mez!