100 lb. Club - Your favourite "safe" sweet treat?

Quiddity
03-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm going NUTS (yup, that time of the month again) and am jonesing for some ice cream, but I don't want to mess myself up when I've been doing so well fo the past month. (No ice cream at all for a whole month, hurrah!) What are your favourite "safe" occasional sweet treats? The usual "fat-free", high-carb, sugar-filled snack (like "skinny" muffins, etc) doesn't work for me: these stall me and start cravings, and besides I'm trying to moderate my carbohydrate intake so these things just aren't suitable at all. Would love to hear some better ideas. Thanks a lot in advance. Hope everyone is doing well!

- Q

nelie
03-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Frozen strawberries. Fairly low calorie and very tasty.

Suzanne 3FC
03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Altoids. You probably can't pig out on them :)

Glory87
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Dip a banana into 2 tbs heated pumpkin butter
Frozen mango chunks
Nuke a chopped apple for 3 minutes, add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, cover, nuke 1 more minute
Smear peanut butter lightly on a 50 calorie whole wheat tortilla, heat, roll around a banana
MarketSpice (http://www.rustlersroost.com/marketspice-tea.htm) tea (naturally sweet)
Low fat cottage cheese with pineapple chunks or mandarin oranges
Low fat yogurt with fresh berries
Sugar free hot cocoa
Smart Pop Kettle Corn single serve bag
Almonds and dried blueberries/cranberries (I have to measure this carefully)

boaterswife
03-09-2007, 09:05 PM
If you're really itching for the frozen treats like ice cream, I totally recommend the Skinny Cow frozen Strawberry Sorbet bars. They are so good, my kiddos pick them over regular ice cream any day of the week. And they're HUGE! Picture your average fudge bar (the ones with two sticks for handles) the Skinny Cows are at least another 1/2 time as large as those, and if I'm not mistaken (the box is in the garage in the freezer) they're only 90 calories, 2 WW points. On top of that, I don't think I could actually eat more than one of them even if I tried!

CyberGypsy
03-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Altoids. You probably can't pig out on them :)

The new chocolate is even better :)

djs06
03-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Skinny Cow peanut butter cup flavor :) yum!

Angihas2
03-09-2007, 11:53 PM
FF yogurt, with frozen mango chunks and berries tossed in, toss it all in the freezer while you clean up from dinner, it's at just the right texture for that ice creamy stuff, after kiddos are in bed.

Alot of the time, when I want icecream, laughing cow frecnh onion light cheese on some wheatsworth crackers will do the trick too, the cheese is so creamy and spreadable, its amazing!!

skim/low fat milk, toss in berries, ice and make a "milkshake". Or toss it all in the freezer in a zip lock bag and have ice cream. without artificial crap in it

Meg
03-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Lemon Cheesecake (could use other flavors too)

2 boxes sugar free lemon Jello (or any other flavor)
1/2 box instant sugar free cheesecake pudding mix
1 3/4 cups boiling water
1 cup ice cubes
1 large container (2.5 cups) low fat cottage cheese

Dissolve lemon Jello in 1 3/4 cups boiling water. Stir in 1 cup of ice cubes until melted. Place Jello mixture in a blender along with cottage cheese and 1/2 box of cheesecake pudding mix. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into five small dishes and chill thoroughly.

LakeGirl
03-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Yum, Meg, that sounds wonderful!

About once a week or every other week, I take two packages of the fat free/sugar free jello pudding mix (I love the lemon!). I make the pudding with 1% milk and pour it into a pie crust, and top it with the light cool whip. Very good and very satisfying!

Quiddity
03-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Thank you so much! Some absolutely wonderful suggestions here! You guys rock... Thanks a bunch!!!

sharonrr
03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Dip a banana into 2 tbs heated pumpkin butter
Frozen mango chunks
Nuke a chopped apple for 3 minutes, add 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, cover, nuke 1 more minute
Smear peanut butter lightly on a 50 calorie whole wheat tortilla, heat, roll around a banana
MarketSpice (http://www.rustlersroost.com/marketspice-tea.htm) tea (naturally sweet)
Low fat cottage cheese with pineapple chunks or mandarin oranges
Low fat yogurt with fresh berries
Sugar free hot cocoa
Smart Pop Kettle Corn single serve bag
Almonds and dried blueberries/cranberries (I have to measure this carefully)

Everytime you have a suggestion. I get my pen and paper and write them down. I love your ideas.

zoritsa
03-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Frozen grapes
Jello jigglers
WW's Key lime pie recipe(I don't add the crust so even less calories then the 148 calories per serving as it says):

1(4 serving) box sugar-free lime gelatin
1/4 cup boiling water
2 (8 ounce) containers key lime pie-flavor light yogurt
1 (8 ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
1 reduced-fat 9-inch graham cracker crust

In large heat-resistant bowl, dissolve gelating in boiling water.
With wire whisk, stir in yogurt; with wooden spoon, fold in whipped topping.
Transfer mixture to prepared crust; refrigerate overnight, or at least 2 hours. (8 servings)

Dawn2Dusk
03-10-2007, 04:50 PM
One or two sugar-free Twizzlers or Red Vines for me. Usually that's enough and I know that if I have more, it'll have a laxative effect on me, which isn't very pleasant.

sugarlove
03-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't eat chocolate a lot, but it's about the only thing that satisfies me when I really want that "something rich and sweet". What I've been doing lately is enjoying 1/2 oz. (doesn't sound like a lot, but it's enough) of Green & Black's Maya Gold chocolate with a cup of Tazo Chai.

The chocolate is flavored with orange and spices - it's luxuriously dark and decadent. Combined with the spiced chai, it's a delicous and completely satisfying snack - very decadent, but also quite low calorie and surprisingly good for you (in moderation, of course.....I only do this a couple of times a week ;) ).

Sheila53
03-10-2007, 07:06 PM
I love smoothies that are the consistency of soft-serve. I use protein powder, milk, and a lot of ice. For example, I make coffee ice cubes, and blend them with chocolate protein powder, milk and a Tbl. of SF DaVinci Kahlua syrup. One of my favorites is to freeze a banana, and mix with vanilla protein powder and milk plus a Tbl. of SF DaVinci (or Tourani) caramel syrup. I use enough ice so that I have to eat the stuff with a spoon. I'm getting protein, dairy and something that satisfies my need for a creamy, sweet texture. I used to get Skinny Cows, but had trouble stopping at just one. :(

Goddess Jessica
03-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Shelia - When did you get so skinny?!?! How did I miss that!

I love:

Frozen bananas
SF FF Jell-o pudding topped with lite cool whip - If I am feeling super decadent, I add slices of banana or strawberries.
SF FF Pudding frozen into Popsicles
Stash Decaf Chai Tea with a bit of FF Evaporated milk and splenda

traceycanada
03-10-2007, 10:20 PM
My favorite quick "safe" treat.

2 cups fat free yogurt (usually raspberry)
1 cup of mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries)
3 tbs. of high flax granola

I put the berries in the yogurt while they are frozen and in the fridge for about 1/2 an hour. I take it out, then top with the granola. It's filling, quick and very yummy.

FilmGrrl
03-12-2007, 12:24 PM
No Pudge mocha or mint chocolate brownies. Made with nonfat yogurt. Delish.

becoming wisdom
03-12-2007, 04:16 PM
When it's that once-a-month craving for me, only chocolate will do. My guilt-free, low-carb, low-fat, chocolate fix is:
1 tsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp Splenda, a small pinch of stevia, all stirred together, and enough skim milk to barely wet it down. Stir and mash with a finger, dip and lick until done.
(By eating it so childishly, I feel free of all that "grown-up" discipline...)

babeedee
03-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Frozen strawberries. Fairly low calorie and very tasty.

oh i just bought some of those, they are so good! i also eat one of those 10 calorie jellos. pretty good.

idahotater
03-14-2007, 03:13 AM
I also do the SF FF Jello pudding with just a bit of fat free whipped cream ...but I also add some graham cracker crumbs on top (just a sprinkle) to give it that "chocolate pie with graham cracker crust" effect. Yum!

penor
03-14-2007, 11:34 AM
I just made a dessert I found on SouthBeach
1 pkg.sugar free Cheesecake pudding
1-3/4 c. fat free skim milk
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 fat free cool whip
Puree the berries add milk and puudding blend well stir in cool whip. Chill an hour. Not sure how it is but thats the family's dessert for tonight.(The spoon tasted pretty good!)

nelie
03-14-2007, 11:45 AM
oh i just bought some of those, they are so good! i also eat one of those 10 calorie jellos. pretty good.

DH and I take out a 6lb bag from Costco in about a week and a half. It is crazy. I am going to Costco every week for frozen strawberries alone.

djs06
03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Nelie, when did you get married??? I knew you were engaged but I didn't realize you'd tied the knot already! I'm behind on the congratulations!

Edit: I'm sorry to hijack the thread!

nelie
03-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Nelie, when did you get married??? I knew you were engaged but I didn't realize you'd tied the knot already! I'm behind on the congratulations!

Edit: I'm sorry to hijack the thread!

A couple months ago :)

Let me think of another sweet treat quick.....

Well there are always pieces of dark chocolate. I recently bought some organic, eco friendly dark chocolate from Whole Foods (it was on sale) called Dagoba? It was so good. It takes DH and I a few days to eat an entire bar. Although I'm trying to cut down on my after dinner dark chocolate.

idahotater
03-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Mmmm. I just thought of another one I like to eat when I'm in a fruit mood. Chop up green apple, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, (and banana too, but it's not my fav) then stir all together with non-fat strawberry yogurt. Yum!