Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 05:21 PM   #1  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Talking Lo Carb Club Weigh In 11/02/01

Getting this ready for Friday, November 2, 2001.....with a poem, as promised!

I am not just "my size",
I am china blue eyes!

Tall, with blond hair,
And a need to share!

Daughter, sister, mother, wife,
And lover of life!

A career I enjoy,
And my computer "toy"

This "site" that helps me,
Be the best I can be!

My poem today,
Might help you to "weigh"

Or, just keep us knowing
"How it is going!!!"
Old 11-02-2001, 05:33 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

COOL POEM!!!!

I am 239# Stayed the same. ANd I know why

I will get my measurements from the month of Oct. Lost some inches but not as remarkable as other months .

I am almost "in" every peice of clothing that I has stored in my closet. And Am starting to discard them as they are too big!!! I can also "see" the loss, And feel it too. It's like a transformation.

It's agreat feeling
Old 11-02-2001, 06:55 AM   #3  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

I can finally say it!

Mr. Scale was calling me this morning. "Don't be afraid!" he yelled. "I am your friend!" "You have been exercising and eatting more chicken and fish!!!" "I also noticed that you have been staying away from those nasty peanuts." "Jump on......JUMP ON!!!"

Well, I did and sure enough it was another pound! Now if someone can show me how to get into my signature I will happily put up those smilies I have been longing for!

I will check back later and see how the GROUP has done! No matter if it is pounds, inches, sizes, plan power, exercise, or ANYTHING positive, share with us on the FRIDAY ACCOUNTABLE DAY THREAD! We need this to keep us on the ROAD TO GOAL!

BEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Dana (Always HOPEFUL)
Old 11-02-2001, 07:21 AM   #4  

I have stayed the same, but I can handle this. I've not been eating enough this week, and I had to take pain medication. Naturally, I have been staying OP. I have no desire to do otherwise.

Pat, no loss is no gain...I'm starting to learn that! It is a great feeling to be able to see the loss...and to be able to discard the "big girls" clothing!!! I wouldn't have hardly ANY clothes were I to discard all the "big girls" clothing. I have one blouse that is too small (I aim to get into it by Christmas...my mother in law gave it to me, and I have never been able to wear it!!), one sexy pair of shorts, One almost too loose pair of jeans, and that's it. I'm not complaining, I'm excited. Fortunately I live a very quiet, semi-sheltered life.

I don't plan to buy any more clothing until I drop some more weight. I'm afraid that if I do the "mental thing" will get me and I will become complacent with this weight.I've been at 199 almost forever (it seems), but I'm not ready to give up.

Dana, I am so delighted for you. You have hit a MAJOR goal on this journey!!! I remember losing the big "5" "0"!!!

By the way, I had steak last night with brussels sprouts. I think I am going to have to swear it off, but I wanted to eat well last night, and that was what hubby wanted to have (and he does the cooking), so who was I to argue? Now, I think that I am going to start putting out some chicken or fish when he has his steak.

I am so proud of all of us!!!

Lee

Last edited by paula1254; 11-02-2001 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-02-2001, 08:19 AM   #5  

Thumbs down Good News/ Bad News

My first weight loss check in! I am proud to tell you all that I have lost a grand total of 9 pounds in my first 5 days of returning to low carb! I was a little disappointed at first becuase yesterday the scale told me 11 pounds. After seeing the difference in weight, I gave in to a 3 day craving and ate ONE recees peanut butter cup!!! Just one! I am going to find out how many g of carbs were in it and count it toward my 20 for today! I am not going to let the scale control this wonderful diet! My bad news was that I miscounted carbs yesterday and accidently overate by 40 g. I felt so miserable after I found that out and almost gave in to all temptations. Fortunetly I didnt and I'm very proud of myself for sticking to this for my first FIVE days!

You are all doing so well. Pat that is so wonderful that you can fit into ALL of your clothing in your closet!!! What a huge accomplishment! I can't wait until the day that I can report the same thing! That is such an inspiration to keep on working toward our goals. Pretty soon we'l be able to buy all new clothes and be comfortable in our bodies.

Dana...how exciting to meet this goal! It sounds as if you have been working hard to reach it. My first goal is 220, I can't wait to get into the 'teens'!! Congratulations on your special day!!! I will think of you meeting your goal as an inspiration when I am tempted to eat this darn candy!

And Paula, I know what you mean about clothes. I have only a few outfits that I can wear not comfotably and I am not about to buy clothes until these ones are way too big. Lets keep working toward that smaller size!

Today will be a good day! No more candy for me and I'm not going to let myself tell me that a 9 pound loss isn't GREAT!! Have a good day everyone!

Mary
Old 11-02-2001, 09:17 AM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Mary 9!!!! that is fantastic for the first 5 days!!! you are doing great. you will be shrining right along with the rest of us in o time!!! mary do not criticise your self rfor the PB cup. just start the day again like it is a new one. try not to go below your carbs as that means you are not eating your vegies!!! remember that the vegies are low glycemic foods and they cause less of an insulin spike, so they will not be damaging. Pat does low glycemic foods, also you can substract your fiber from the carb count making it an Effective Carb Count leaving things like spinach, brussels, couliflower, and broccoli almost 0 carbs. keep up the great work!!

DANA 40 whooo hoooo it is a huge mile stone!!!! the exercise is paying off!!! dana what i said to pat applies to you to as you were strugling so hard to get to 40!!!

Pat the same with you . muscle is denser that fat so you will often see a gain or no loss when really starting an exercise program so look and see you r scale has not moved but your waist has. in the measurments there will be small changes, but if you think of spreading a pound of butter on your body it will not spread far so do not expect hege changes. what you are going through is the hardest, not seeing the scale change and feeling some body changes but not a huge change in the size. this is where i was having my problem the last few months. squeezing my but into those size 14's was the ticket!!! look for small changes. how your face is getting thinner, you can see your cheek bones, how you are starting to have less puffy cheeks. how the fat is getting mushier, and what i did notice too is that the fat seems to be more of a suit now, it seems to be seperated from the muscle, My muscle is lean and toned now not marbled with fat!!!! Look for those changes and feel great success. because you need to go through those changes to succeed!!!

Lee the steak and brussels were good chioces!!! do not dispair. I know that you want to cut the red meat out. do you have a pp book? they talk about this acid found in red meat and egg yolks that can cause stalls but they have a marinade that will cut the acid down so peole who are sensitive will not have a problem!!! if you do not let me know i will post it. OK? and no loss is good it is batter than a gain!!!

My turn I saw 175 today (.2) but i wll ignore the 0.2 so it is a new low!!!! i have actually hit my 60 lb mark i need to update my signature!!! i will do 50 lbs and then one for each 10!!!
Old 11-02-2001, 11:10 AM   #7  
gbo

I lost .........0.........yes 0!
I am the same 301 1/2
I have said words my Mother would still wash my mouth out for!!!!!!!!!.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:27 AM   #8  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hey guys! Sorry this is late! I have started a second job, and have been working constantly....thanks for the wonderful welcome last week!

I CAN"T WEIGH MYSELF!!!! I weigh myself on the scales at my first job, and they are missing!!! (Actually I think a co-worker borrowed them for "official business" but I do not know for sure! Any way...I am sure that I gained...I fell off the low carb wagon last week...It was TOM and with the second job, the pressure was just too much, and I couldn't stick with it....I will do better this week! I promise!

I hope everyone has a great week, and that the scales are kind to you this week!
Old 11-07-2001, 08:30 AM   #9  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Oh yeah, by the way CONGRATULATINS DANA!!!!!!WOOOOOHOOOO! THAT's TERRIFIC!

Great Job to everyone else too! You are the incredible shrinking women!

Love ya!
Closed Thread