Old 03-09-2007, 05:46 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something Chat: TGIF (Friday) March 9th

Okay, I've been bad and am continuing to be bad. :P

First, I'm neglecting treadmill time so that I can post here. I'm having a hard time getting the flipping energy to get on there first thing in the morning (I'm slow to wake up and like to just kinda veg while I do) and I'm usually beat when I get home from work. I know, I know....excuses. I need a kick in the butt. Worst part, my significantly slimmer DW is on there daily. Of course, she's got more time to burn....but that's just me making excuses again. :P

Second badness - it was a birthday week and I had cake & ice cream and more ice cream and more ice cream and there's still more in the basement. *sighs* I've also been informed that we're having pizza tonight for supper. I just can't win and I can't control. (So, don't feel bad about that ONE hamburger... )

[climbs on soap box]
Of course, I do believe that for a successful lifestyle change to be had, you cannot just stop eating the things you like to eat. Just don't eat too much of it (guilty on the ice cream ) and don't eat it every day. I think even WW tries to teach you that kind of philosophy. Remember, ladies, we're here to trim down and look/feel good....but we're also here to live and part of living, in this guy's solemn and humble opinion, is to do the things you like to do. So never, never feel guilty for splurging once and a while. Of course, maybe someone who's actually LOST some weight since they started this stuff 6 months ago might be better qualified to make statements to this effect.
[climbs off soap box]

Anyway, as always, the diet will (re)start tomorrow. :| I've gotta get back in the habit of tracking stuff in FitDay because that REALLY keeps your eyes open if you're counting calories... Kinda keeps you honest.

Anyway, I'd better get in the shower before I'm late for work.
Stay strong, stay focused, and stay on program. (One of us might as well. :P)

:Lawrence
The Rooster In The Hen House

P.S. Looks like someone's looking out for me! The battery is dead in the scale!
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hang in ther RZX - i'm sort of in the same boat...can't get up early enough to go workout. Even though i don't have a treadmill in my house...have one at my apt complex so no excuse either. The problem is even though i set my alarm for work out time...i usually snooze through it. However this am, i'm off work and was able to go work out this am. God i feel GREAT!. I did 20 min of walking fast on an incline and then 10 min of running. I need to keep this up since i'm like you..no motivation/energy in the pm. Hang in there..and yes i know what you mean about having somethings you love...but the funny thing is even though that burger tasted so damn good yesterday...i paid for it the rest of the day. I was bloated and so full i didn't even have dinner. I fetl miserable from all the excess fat it made my stomach feel yuckie..i guess my body was telling me something.
Hey all newbies...welcome and join in
Irishjoan...good luck on the house sale...we are going to close on our house this am. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then its off to Gainesville fl. I have a 3 day wkend...going to my BF wedding this weekend in G'ville. Get to take DH to see my old stomping grounds that i spent well over 8 years at it. Should be fun. So see you guys later...good luck this weekend.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default Yeeehawww! Friday!

Hi All! Melinda here reporting in from Kalamazoo, Michigan. Snow is melting fast....gogogogo baby bring me sunshine! We're supposed to hit 50 sometime next week. Anyway, when we have birthdays around here at work I always cave-so I hear ya on that one Rooster! I vowed to hit my bike last night for 20 minutes before the news...yeah, made it 10 minutes. Not very committed eh? But hey, 10 minutes is better than nada! Can't wait to get outside for long walks-I just bought a house (my first) last Spring and there are lots of hills in my neighborhood. Going to a home expo tomorrow to get some ideas on updating my backyard...lots of shade and the grass doesn't grow at all-I also have out of control ivy everywhere as ground cover. If anyone has any ideas on that hit me up! Goal this weekend: Get into the gym Sunday for a long trot around the track or a 1/2 walk outside. I will simply pretend I am not a hypo and fake my body out into thinking I have the energy of 50 Roadrunners! Yeehaw! Happy weekend everyone! Me
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lolololollolol zeph the crazy smiley after the battery comment cracks me up!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have plenty of sewing to do tonight and this weekend. I did shopping and didn't get home til 7 last night. I'm exhausted.....hubby didn't pass his fitness test so he's up at 4 now gettin ready for PT at 5:15. stupid alarm.....i reset it but i'm still pooped....hopefully I'll wake up enough to get movin soon

Have a great day
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:11 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Let me start by saying I am SOOOO happy that Antonella is gone from AI!! Too bad Sanjaya is still there... Not that Sundance was my fav, but did we have to sacrifice him for Hula-boy?

I bought a huge bag of Nestly eggs at BJ's last week and have been filling my bowl in my desk. I don't know why, but the past two days I've been getting into them and it's bad....like 600 calories worth! WTH is the matter with me?! They're not even that good! I didn't bother too much with them when I had the Kisses in there, and I love them. Maybe it's the PMS, because I'm definitely PMSing. Darnit.

Holy, did DH get a job offer for somewhere?

Melinda, Hey, you did 10 minutes, that's better than completely blowing it off!

GG, at least the burger had lots of protein...just think, better to have X amount of calories with some nutritional value than to have the same amount in sugar from candy or something, right? Hope all goes smoothly at the closing.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning!! I've been cleaning house this morning, I don't know what got into me. Oh yes I do, the baby was happy playing and snacking on Cheerios! I must have burned some calories, I vaccuumed and moved all the furniture. And folded laundry and made the beds.

Welcome KathyK!! I like your name! We are happy to have you here.

Joan: Good luck on the house (and all the eating out!)

All: If you are looking for some inspiration, check out the maintainers forum. There are some incredible stories there.

I have not had any candy or dessert all week (she says while knocking wood!). We bought some Healthy ?Choice fudge bars at Costco and they have been helping.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #7  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default Ai

Hey Lauren! I totally agree with you on Sundance! I haven't been watching it much, but I LOVED him. Also, I have to say that younger girl (17) with the really curly hair that sang the Traci (sp?) Chapman song one night-she is amazing! I don't care how young she is, she has a fab voice! Is "Hula Boy" the dude with the insanely crazy wild curly hair w/glasses? At least he's funny.... I'm craving Cadbury Cream Eggs right now....I'm the only person I know that can knock off 6 in one sitting! Yeeehaw! Melinda
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:34 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Melinda, No, Hula-Boy is Sanjaya...did you see Tuesday night when they were talking about their hidden talents or whatever? They showed him "hula-ing". Jordin is the girl you're talking about. She is awesome, I love her. Yuck, I don't like the Cadbury cream eggs...but I do like the caramel ones! I stay away from them though. Instead, I'm trying to ignore the bowl of Nestle eggs on my desk.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 176/174/142

Height: 5'8"

Hey RZX, I hear you!
Gatorgal, enjoy your BFs wedding - isn't it wonderful to see friends in love?
Melinda - good luck with getting to the gym on Sunday
LBH - I so hear you, re: PMS. I'm hitting the cravings really hard. I had hoped it would pass so now I'm trying to find the smallest caloric hit for indulgences. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a small container of ice cream or oreos cookies. Both are not good but choosing one or the other divides the impact in half. Fruit or yogurt is not going to hit it for me today (since yesterday).

My roommate is trying to gain weight, he's unattractively skinny, bones and all and I do feel for him although he says no one else does. I have been shocked at what foods he is researching that are high caloric. I mean I knew cheese was calorie but not that much! A 1/4 cup of nuts is 140. A tbsp of mayo is 100. It's pretty fascinating.

Cheers,
Allison
DulceDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Oooo ~ I can't stomach those Cadbury cream eggs. The caramel ones are a whole 'nother story...

Lauren ~ remove the eggs!!! Get them off of your desk asap. I put out a basket filled with Hershey's Kisses and have it sitting on a little table as you come in our front door. People have been coming to look at our house and they're disappearing. Unfortunately, because they're "there" I've been popping 'em in my mouth entirely too often as well. I put them up the other day and intend of putting them out right before a showing. My two girls love chocolate and they were getting into them constantly. My son doesn't like chocolate ????? That is just so weird to me.

Got up and exercised again this morning. I'm trying really, really hard to make exercise part of my daily routine. Just like GG, I feel GREAT today because of it! So, why is it so hard to drag my sorry back end out of bed to do so????

Lands' End catalog just came in today's mail ... swimsuits... the season will be here before I know it....
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/174/142

Just writing down my cravings, making them public, diminished them SO much. I made a frozen fruit smoothie w/protein powder & low-fat yogurt and that hit whatever it is that I'm craving. I also bought two Lindt chocolate bars, one dark and one light chocolate. That's not the best thing but better than a pint of ice cream or a box of oreo cookies. I bought those Orville Redenbacher 100 calorie popcorn bags too for the crunch effect. The week before my period is usually when I go sideways so this time hopefully not so much.

Cheers,
Allison
DulceDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Allison, if you are craving ice cream try frozen yogert or Weight Watchers have some frozen fudge bars that are not high in calories but big on taste.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #13  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi all! I just wanted to check in so I don't get too far gone again.

Lauren~you know better than to have those eggs on your desk! Move them! I am so with you on the AI stuff. Sanjaya has GOT TO GO!! I can't stand him. I really like Sundance. I'm also rooting for LaKeisha. Maybe it's the fat girl in me rooting for the fat girl but I like her. Plus I can relate to the whole single mom thing. I love her. I also like the girl who did Evanescence. She rocks!!

Karen~good job on the house cleaning...you can head here next.

Hi everyone else!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:56 PM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

checkin in
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote