General chatter - I Am Smiling Today Because......

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : I Am Smiling Today Because......

EZMONEY
03-08-2007, 10:34 PM
I think it's good to FOCUS on things that make us happy instead of negative things that happen in our lives. I think all of us can find at least one thing in our lives each day that makes us smile. In fact I think that this thread can run forever...that makes me SMILE! I'll start ~

I am smiling today because of all my 3FC friends and my wonderful wife, who spent an hour scanning and trying to send a lasagna recipe for me to you gals. She couldn't figure it out...so I will have to type it...and I am slooooow! But I am smiling because she tried so hard to do it for me. :)

AND IF YOU LURK...YOU BETTER POST!

Lose25
03-08-2007, 11:25 PM
I am Happy Because I went To The Gym Today After Work Even Though I was Tired. As Well As Not eating Pizza

KIKI

ennay
03-08-2007, 11:26 PM
ACK..this is a tough assignment today...but I lurked so.....

Fortunately....
I am smiling because my sweet son is asleep in my lap and his little lower lip is sucking in and out like he is dreaming of nursing...

lizziness
03-08-2007, 11:28 PM
What made me smile today? Knowing I have Friday off as a treat to myself! :)
Probably not what you had in mind, Gary, but well..I am a grouch, it's the best I can come up with tonight. :)

Kidding aside, I am grateful to have a wonderful coworker and friend who is a sounding board and saves me an hour of time every day by taking me home so I don't have to ride the bus.

Also knowing my best friend had her baby today. I'm sad I missed out on being with her, but I'm happy for her and her family. :)

shelby897
03-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Your such a good thread starter!!

I'm smiling because after five years of living here, I'm FINALLY making friends (took me a while to get over being so shy!!). I'm getting excited over "play dates" with other moms worse than my kid's do over theirs!!

And I'm smiling today because three very awesome woman decided to start this site and it's saving me from myself on a daily basis!!

EZMONEY
03-09-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm smiling LIZZIE because sometimes your "grouchiness" cracks me up!!

LatnFoodLover5000
03-09-2007, 12:11 AM
I worked out at the gym for an hour trying a new machine and had quite a workout! :)

lilybelle
03-09-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm smiling because I had a mother/daughter night tonite with my DD. We had dinner out, mall shopping and a scary movie that I screamed my head off at. The best part my DD told me she had a wonderful time tonite just hanging out with good old mom.

melekalikimaka
03-09-2007, 01:07 AM
I am smiling today because we are babysitting my adorable 16 month old niece overnight. She is a joy to be around and makes me miss having a little baby toddling around the house, even though the house is a mess I love the sounds she brings... giggles and nonsense baby talk. (ask me if I'm smiling if she wakes the house up crying at 2 a.m. :lol: )

great idea Gary!

lizziness
03-09-2007, 01:35 AM
hehehehe.. Gary... that was all a part of my plan... It's hard to come across online but I am one sarcastic girlie.

coming to 3FC multiple times a day makes me smile. also making a grocery budget, coming in low and being able to treat ourselves makes me really smile. we can never stick to that darned budget. :)

cinderly
03-09-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm smiling because ... we're starting to pull together the actual reservations for our July vacation.

I'm smiling because ... I've applied to 5 different jobs I'd LOVE to have.

I'm smiling because ... it looks like I will, indeed, be done with my degree this year and possibly before my next birthday.

edit to add: I'm smiling because ... the Other Human just rubbed a newly-opened sponge against my face because he needs attention.

2frustrated
03-09-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm smiling today -

Because I've just printed out some lovely pictures for some photo frame coasters to give to my Mum on Mother's Day.

Because DH came up with the idea of buying the photo frame coasters and putting the photos in

Because my Mum and Dad are coming to visit

Because the sun's shining

Because today is bike washing day, and there's nothing nicer than riding a clean bike home! :D

Because today I'm not sick!

Because I feel really happy today

Because it's not too cold

Because the fire alarm went off and I had to climb the stairs about a billion times to make a cup of tea!!!

Because I have fresh crunchy Cox's apples that DH bought for me because he knows I like that variety! :goodvibes:

Because work isn't too boring today

Because I'm going to put some P!nk on my headphones and start working on some real work now

:wave:

:goodvibes:

ZedAus
03-09-2007, 06:20 AM
I'm smiling today because even though I have been an emotional wreck, and am feeling as though I just want to crawl up in a ball, hide from the world and sleep, (don't know why) I went to school and faced the most delightful bunch of students I could ever hope to have. I had 22 eight year-olds just smiling at me and making my day as good as they could.

I'm smiling today because one of my students' mums came and gave me a huge hug after school and said that she hoped I felt better soon (her daughter had told her I wasn't feeling 100%)

Thank you for this thread. It was nice to realise that I actually had a couple of great moments today.

EZMONEY
03-09-2007, 07:56 AM
I am smiling this morning because I am working with my brother on the same job today and he's driving!

My #2 favorite college BB team won last night USC ~ won't say a word about the upset to my #1 UCLA

I am smiling because SOOOO many of you are!

Off to work............

rockinrobin
03-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I am smiling today because tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and get this - TONIGHT all 3 kids of mine are sleeping out. Totally unplanned and random. So hubby and I have the whole house to ourselves, such a freakin' rarity. I still can't believe it. So yeah, I will be smiling all day today and tonight as well.

Ruthxxx
03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm smiling because there is a gorgeous sunrise and the weatherman is promising above freezing temperatures for the next week or so! It's time to start tapping my maple trees and that always gives the guys and me a lift! Even the horses are smiling when they can get out in the bush.

blueberry3
03-09-2007, 04:08 PM
I am smiling because it is Friday. TGIF!

alinnell
03-09-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm smiling because DH and I went for our regular Friday lunch and I passed up my favorite high calorie sandwich and opted instead for a Mediterranean salad that kept me on program.

I'm smiling because DD works tonight so I can fix fish for DH, DS and myself!

I'm smiling because DD *might* have a *date* of sorts. (BTW, still wondering if she turned in her assignment.)

I'm smiling because it's Friday and I get off work early and DS and I are going shopping and I'm going to buy myself a new outfit.

I'm smiling because I'm waiting for that lasagna recipe!

Rosario
03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I am smiling today because it's friday, only one more hour of work to go, and I have been doing oh-so good with my eating today!! Yay me!

junebug41
03-09-2007, 04:34 PM
I am smiling today because I just returned from my run and the dreamy firefighters at the firehouse next door were hanging out outside and cheering me on.

God bless the firefighters.

EZMONEY
03-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I am smiling because my brother and I kicked butt at work, got home because we beat friday afternoon traffic, and I'll make it in time for knucklehead nephew's first set in his tennis match today.

almostheaven
03-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm smiling because I'm not sick, the baby's not sick, hubby's not sick....for once. ;)

I managed to get a lot of stuff around the house done the last couple of days, after getting over being sick. ;)

I've gotten my eating/exercise back on track and have held firm for over two weeks now. Those 800 cal days when I was sick were REAL slimming. LOL

And the number one reason why I'm smiling?

The SUN is shining! There's NO snow...NO rain...NO 60 mph winds. It's a beautiful day, and if I hadn't just gotten over being sick, I'd likely have donned a pair of shorts and my sandals today. LOL

EZMONEY
03-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I am smiling today because tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and get this - TONIGHT all 3 kids of mine are sleeping out. Totally unplanned and random. So hubby and I have the whole house to ourselves, such a freakin' rarity. I still can't believe it. So yeah, I will be smiling all day today and tonight as well.

We better not see you on here tonight ROBIN! ;)

I am smiling because it is Friday. TGIF!

Enough said!

I'm smiling because DD *might* have a *date* of sorts. (BTW, still wondering if she turned in her assignment.)

Oh those days...I remember the early years of my son's high school if he would ever have a date...fast forward to being married to a Knock-out ex USC cheerleader...and also a Wonderful girl! I am also smiling because my daughter had no interest in boys until her final month of high school, or so I thought ;) because she was so busy playing tennis. She always had dates for the big dances ..but ..sometimes the calls came later than she had wished for. Oh, and her first real boyfriend...she'll marry in May!

I'm smiling because it's Friday and I get off work early and DS and I are going shopping and I'm going to buy myself a new outfit.

I'm smiling because I'm waiting for that lasagna recipe!

It's coming and it's a good one...did I mention red wine? ;)

I am smiling today because I just returned from my run and the dreamy firefighters at the firehouse next door were hanging out outside and cheering me on.

God bless the firefighters.

Something tells me they will be doing "drive-bys" to check and make sure that fire is out! Guys will do ANYTHING! to sneak peeks at pretty girls ;)

ennay
03-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I am smiling because I think I might get both kids down for a nap at the same time today :D

Trendle
03-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm smiling today because...

~I'm actually starting to look forward to going to the gym everyday, instead of thinking of it as another chore.
and
~My bff got the job she wanted today and I'm freakishly happy and proud of her. Also b/c I surpressed the urge to celebrate with cake.

lizziness
03-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I am smiling today because for the first time in a very long time I am truly relaxed! Started the day off by finishing up a favorite series of shows I'd been watching, wandered around the bookstore for an hour, did a bunch of little chores in the house, and I am making a wonderful dinner for hubby and I... I haven't been this relaxed and enjoyed a day to myself in a long time. :D

Also, I think hubby caved in and is going to go with me to the home show at the fairgrounds tomorrow. Woot!

FrouFrou
03-09-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm smiling today because I actually put a big dent in my packing and because our moving date is getting closer!

EZMONEY
03-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I am smiling because I think I might get both kids down for a nap at the same time today :D

Well that is gonna STOP just as soon as adopted Grandpa send noisy toys to play with ;)

I am smiling today because for the first time in a very long time I am truly relaxed! Started the day off by finishing up a favorite series of shows I'd been watching, wandered around the bookstore for an hour, did a bunch of little chores in the house, and I am making a wonderful dinner for hubby and I... I haven't been this relaxed and enjoyed a day to myself in a long time. :D

HEY! Where's that :mad: "grouchy" LIZZY I came to know and :love: ;) ?

Also, I think hubby caved in and is going to go with me to the home show at the fairgrounds tomorrow. Woot!

I'm smiling because you all are doing so well in your efforts! And because nephew did well in his tennis match today, he lost 2 of 3 but it was against a much tougher school and he played preety good.

Spinymouse
03-09-2007, 10:40 PM
i'm smiling for no apparent reason. the glass is not half full or half empty, it just is, and Bambi is not skipping down the path rubbing noses with Thumper, and squirrels are not dancing together, but everything just IS, and and although I can't say "all is well" that doesn't mean that smiles can't happen as well as anything else can happen, and you know, it really is interesting to read all your posts, and I don't have any D_ 's (fill in the letter) and I think that is just fine too, and sometimes I think I just can't relate to a lot of this, but it is all very real whether I relate or not, and so why the heck not smile. Or make chicken elbow gestures or something.
It's Friday, someone said???

ennay
03-09-2007, 10:59 PM
.....crud...i'm trying here....

i'm smiling because in 10 minutes both kids will be in bed and I have enough calories left in my budget for a very very very stiff drink.

although I'll probably have tea

707Goddess
03-09-2007, 11:12 PM
i AM SMILING TODAY BECAUSE I FOUND A PAIN PILL SO I CAN GET SOME REST TONIGHT I THINK I BROKE MY RIB LAST WEEK AGAIN UGH
BUT ALSO
IM SMILING TODAY BECAUSE I AM BLESSED WITH FRIENDS FAMILY AND 3FC

EZMONEY
03-10-2007, 12:17 AM
:getwell: GODDESS

707Goddess
03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
thanks gary it is gettin' better without med's i may add i cant take any kind of pain meds cause they knock me out but i can take aspirin i've been live'n on aspirin for the last week

crazynette826
03-10-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm smiling because one of the guys I work with called me beautiful tonight. To bad he's married! And way older than me, but it was still nice to hear!!!!

alinnell
03-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Because it is Saturday!

Because I'm back down to 140!

Because we slept with the window open last night!

ennay
03-10-2007, 10:51 AM
i am smiling because i got in a good run this morning

EZMONEY
03-10-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm smiling because one of the guys I work with called me beautiful tonight. To bad he's married! And way older than me, but it was still nice to hear!!!!

Hey :crazy: CRAZY...us married and OLD guys know a good looking gal when we see one!;)

Because it is Saturday!

Because I'm back down to 140!

Because we slept with the window open last night!

OUTSTANDING! but wait til you eat that lasagna of mine..oh wait...it's healthy! :cp: Great job!

i am smiling because i got in a good run this morning

ENNAY ~ you should've called, you could have run with Angie and I could have watched my adopted GRANDkids! Great way to start a Saturday morning...losing weight! :cp: :bravo:

Ruthxxx
03-10-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm smiling because I slipped ice last night and no less than seven friends have called or dropped in this morning to see how I am. I'm aching, bumped and bruised but feel loved!
My knee (the bad one) is very swollen so I will have to wear my brace when I go out to dinner tonight. However, I'm smiling because I have a great long skirt and will have an excuse to wear it.

EZMONEY
03-10-2007, 01:02 PM
MY dear RUTH! you are getting the right :idea: idea of this thread! I am so sorry you fell :( :getwell: !

FrouFrou
03-10-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm smiling today because I managed to get in my 50 mns of exercise and although I won't be able to enjoy the outdoors today, it is going to be a gorgeous day! :sunny:

shelby897
03-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm smiling today because I went birthday shopping for my 3 year old (soon to be 4 :D ) because shopping for a 4 year old doesn't cost the $100's shopping for a teenager can and because I feel blessed to have two handsome, whitty and sometimes crazy boys!!

ennay
03-10-2007, 03:52 PM
I love shopping for my dd ( and I detest detest shopping) because she is still young enough to like getting the stuff I always wanted as a kid. she hasnt started asking for things yet.

I finally got my play kitchen with fake food that I've wanted since I was 4 :D

EZMONEY
03-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Did you know they had a recall on the easy bake oven recently ENNAY? Just making sure my adopted GRANDdaughter doesn't get burned! if it is included in "her/your" kitchen set...wink

melekalikimaka
03-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm smiling today because I got to go grocery shopping for over a weeks worth of healthy stuff at the commissary w/my dad and I saved big bucks!!! I got a half gallon of lite vanilla soy milk which I usually buy at the local grocer for around $4 for $1.86 and no tax. That's just one of the bargains I found today. That's enough to make me smile for a while. :D

EZMONEY
03-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I am smiling tonight because I am almost headed out to the fish club...and as much as my daughter in law's dad "hosed" her...he did get his ONE YEAR TOKEN/CHIP today...for those of you that know...well, you know it is huge! God bless him!

ennay
03-10-2007, 10:59 PM
nope no ez bake...I am one of those hippies who likes toys without batteries...wooden food

i am smiling because we have friends over and I have enough calories left for dessert

ennay
03-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I am smiling tonight because I am almost headed out to the fish club...and as much as my daughter in law's dad "hosed" her...he did get his ONE YEAR TOKEN/CHIP today...for those of you that know...well, you know it is huge! God bless him!

:D :carrot: :D :carrot:

jtammy
03-11-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm smiling because we had gorgeous 75 degree weather today. Beautiful....

707Goddess
03-11-2007, 12:48 AM
today because i feel better the weather is good and tomarrow all my friends are supposed to come over

EZMONEY
03-11-2007, 12:57 AM
I am smiling tonight because ENNAY understood my post!

And because I just spent almost 5 hours with my wife, son and dil, ex and her s.o. and had a great time at fish club (as usual) with food, drink and entertainment.

LindseyLouWho
03-11-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm smiling today because I think I'm finally almost done packing for vacation tomorrow.

Related to that, I'm smiling because I get to go to Disney World! And this time, I'm not technically going with my family (they'll be there, but not at the same resort and we're not grouping together except for dinner a couple of times maybe), so I might actually enjoy it... ha ha. Not that I don't love my family, but my dad is one to plan things down to the very minute and make what's supposed to be a relaxing vacation seem a lot like boot camp.

EZMONEY
03-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm smiling today because the weather is awesome tonight...hot day...nice cool evening. Angie and I sat out on the patio drinking wine for her Corona for me.

I'm smiling because Angie went to Home Depot this morning before church, bought and sawed wood there, for the valance she is making to go over the familyroom slider. She came home after church and screwed it all together with brackets then covered it with stuffing and material. She did a great job...all I had to do was get her my screw gun. I did get stuck paying bills ;) But to hear all that "screwing" going on in the family room was just SA-weet!;)

GreatBigMonsterMomma
03-12-2007, 02:02 AM
I am smiling right now because the baby is asleep with her feet propped up on my legs.

crazynette826
03-12-2007, 04:21 AM
I am smiling today because the weather is gorgeous, and I got to watch a spring training game on TV! And my team won!! Wish I could be there in person, but it makes the baseball season seem right around the corner and I can't wait. So I'm smiling in anticipation!!!! :) :) :)

vmthesweetie
03-12-2007, 05:48 AM
Hello all, i am smiling today because of my beautiful children... they make me so happy!!

rockinrobin
03-12-2007, 07:36 AM
I am smiling today because I had a phenomenal anniversary weekend.

I am smiling today because spring is just about here.

I am smiling today because I am 46 pounds from my goal weight as of this morning. 46!!!!! I started out 152 away. 46 seems quite doable. Quite doable indeed.

EZMONEY
03-12-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm smiling this morning because MARCH MADNESS! is here :carrot:

tikanique
03-12-2007, 10:40 AM
DITTO THAT EZMONEY! And tonight the women's bracket comes out too?!?? Hot Damn! Can life get any better?

Tiki

FrouFrou
03-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I am smiling today because I am blessed and...I am down 2 pounds!

alinnell
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM
I am smiling because my grapefruit tree is in bloom and it smells INCREDIBLE!!!

cbmare
03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
But to hear all that "screwing" going on in the family room was just SA-weet!;)

No comment :o :D

That alone is making me :D .

I'm :D because I really meant my "quitcher ......" post yesterday.

I'm still :D about the :lol3:Rotund One :lol3:. Click on my name and find the post if you wish.

I'm :D because I'm going to lunch with my friend who moved 2 hrs away and we seldom get to see each other.

I'm :D because I know that I'll be able to make a fairly decent choice with my food.

I'm :D because my boss is out of the office right now and I can come play here.

EZMONEY
03-12-2007, 02:59 PM
[/COLOR]I am smiling today because the weather is gorgeous, and I got to watch a spring training game on TV! And my team won!! Wish I could be there in person, but it makes the baseball season seem right around the corner and I can't wait. So I'm smiling in anticipation!!!! :) :) :)

GO DODGER BLUE! :carrot:

DITTO THAT EZMONEY! And tonight the women's bracket comes out too?!?? Hot Damn! Can life get any better?

Tiki

Not until WE start going at it :frypan: :kickbutt: :frypan: as "MY" teams advance!!

No comment :o :D

That alone is making me :D .

WHAT? :?: ;) some people get offended though, I need to be careful.

I'm :D because my boss is out of the office right now and I can come play here.

Heck MARE, my boss thinks I am still at work! :D

I am smiling :) because I am off work early!

Ruthxxx
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm smiling because I completed all the stuff I wrote on my DO IT DAMMIT List this morning. It's not even 4 PM and I can goof off the rest of the day. :)

EZMONEY
03-12-2007, 04:52 PM
See how good we can be when we are :) RUTH!

I'm smiling today because ruth has her chores done and now she's coming over to do mine :carrot: ......as I made my first wish to the Genie :genie:

tikanique
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm smiling today cause the cute guy sent me a text message, blowing me a kiss. I think I'm in LIKE!

Tiki

cbmare
03-12-2007, 05:27 PM
......as I made my first wish to the Genie :genie:

If Genie is in a bottle of Jim Beam, be careful. Genie might just lie to you.

:D

EZMONEY
03-12-2007, 05:50 PM
OH! don't I KNOW!

EZMONEY
03-12-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm smiling today cause the cute guy sent me a text message, blowing me a kiss. I think I'm in LIKE!

Tiki

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Throw one back! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Gamerchick
03-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm smiling today because there is no better guy in the world than my boyfriend! He accepts me for my weight, doesn't care if I lose or not, and puts up with my hormones and my eating problems. With his help I'm going to be able to change my lifestyle. AND, way back when, he was the reason I started trying to lose weight in the first place. :D

He is the best! There is no one as wonderful!

EmmaGabysMum
03-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I have met me a new man! :carrot:

tikanique
03-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I can't throw a kiss back. I'm too shy and timid! :devil:

Tiki

EZMONEY
03-12-2007, 11:13 PM
I can't throw a kiss back. I'm too shy and timid! :devil:

Tiki

Hey Girl, don't play that "hard to get number" too long...it scares us off! Go for it...HE LIKES YOU!!!...how could he not!...you DID NOT hear that from me!! ;)

jtammy
03-13-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm smiling because I finally got the ceiling fan/ new light installed in DS bedroom. Works great and I did it myself. :)

2frustrated
03-13-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm smiling because I get to spend 2 hours with my second favourite person in the whole world tonight :D

I'm smiling because I'm feeling good and I'm looking hot :p

Gamerchick
03-13-2007, 07:11 AM
I'm smiling today because, weight gains or not, slip ups or not, I'm back onto a plan of some sort, and no matter how long it takes my body to get there, I'm on a plan that I can lose weight on.

And I'm also smiling because I'm accepting the realism of dieting and what *I* can do.

srmb60
03-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Today? Yesterday, I was embroiled in a family crisis. A visit with our pastor made things so much clearer. Prayer is sufficient. It's not up to me to intervene and set folks straight. Why would the warring parties listen to me anyhow?
He helped me to see that I have a lovely DH and family and life where MY focus should be.

EZMONEY
03-13-2007, 08:26 AM
I am :) this morning because I should have a short day at work and it is supposed to be a great day here.

And because I bought my wife, what I thought was a really cool t-shirt, and she loves it.

Have a "goal" day ladies!:)

NESunshine
03-13-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm smiling today because its gonna be almost 60 degrees out....much better than the -5 it was last week! We've broken free from the cube and fought our large window in our downtown Boston office open so we can enjoy it!

techwife
03-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm smiling today because its 45 degrees outside!! :beach: Break out the sunscreen, baby!! :carrot:

tikanique
03-13-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm smiling today cause I got a chance to fix my DD's hair the way she likes it to look and she is happy. Oh yeah, shy, timid and tiki do not belong in the same sentence. That was just a joke! :lol:

cbmare
03-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm :D today because I saw Junebug41's pictures from page 2 of this thread. She is so lovely and I hate her because of her dimples. Junebug41, you've done a wonderful job and you should be very proud of yourself.

I'm :D today because boobalah realized that since I've taken this new job of reinventing myself seriously, he's put on 10 lbs!

I'm :D :D :D today because boobalah now wants to workout with me.

I'm :D today because I'm doing myself a favor and getting my mammogram. I'm gonna be in for a world of hurt but it is better than the hurt of the bad news.

I'm still :D because of :lol3:The Rotund One :lol3:.

Another one. Please go to the Exercise portion of 3FC. I made a thread about stopping exercising. Someone posted a picture and a story. It that doesn't give you motivation, nothing will.

EZMONEY
03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
I am :) because I just got back from taking my dogs on an easy 2 mile, 45 minute walk, after a short day at work...and I still have time to vacumn for Angie AND take a little nap :carrot:

TECH ~ it is over 80 degrees outside at my house, 70 inside in the shade!

TIKI ~ :o ...no kidding! ;)

tikanique
03-13-2007, 04:33 PM
I was smiling but now I'm green with envy. I would LOVE for it to be 80 degrees here.

srmb60
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Tiki makes me smile.

EZMONEY
03-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Come On Over Tiki ~ We Can Always Use Another Pac 10 Fan!!

4myloves
03-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I am smiling because my cat had five adorable little blue/blue & white kittens yesterday :)

alinnell
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh, Cheryl~post some photos!

Gary~wanna walk my dogs? It's kinda hilly here and hotter (93?).

EZMONEY
03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Gary~wanna walk my dogs? It's kinda hilly here and hotter (93?).

:rofl: :rofl: :lol3: :lol: :lol3: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: SURE!

:nono: :no: :nono: :no: :no:

BUT! If I did I would need a glass of wine and for the 'ol man to give me a ride in that Mustang!!

tikanique
03-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay so I don't like alinnell either! Cheryl definitely post some pics. I've tried (unsuccessfully) to take photos of Midnight the cat but her silly butt won't be still!

I'm smiling today because USC (Wack 10) is gonna get clobbered by Arkansas!

Tiki

alinnell
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Tiki~what did I do to make you hate me?????

Gary~no problemo on the wine, but we sold the Mustang. Sorry.

junebug41
03-13-2007, 06:41 PM
CBmare- I am smiling because someone said something really nice about me today when I really needed to hear it. thank you :)

EZMONEY
03-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I am smiling because my cat had five adorable little blue/blue & white kittens yesterday :)

I have never seen a bluekitten, must be a UCLA fan :carrot:

Okay so I don't like alinnell either! Cheryl definitely post some pics. I've tried (unsuccessfully) to take photos of Midnight the cat but her silly butt won't be still!

Try being NICE.

I'm smiling today because USC (Wack 10) is gonna get clobbered by Arkansas!

Tiki

TIKI ~ werk on dat spelin ~ it's PAC 10

Tiki~what did I do to make you hate me?????

She figured out you were my friend! She's mean Allison, just plain mean!

Gary~no problemo on the wine, but we sold the Mustang. Sorry.

That's cool :cool: Probably wouldn't look too good, me and him crusin down Palm Canyon Drive bumpin' to Cher's greatest Hits anyway ;)

alinnell
03-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Gary~you make me laugh! The other day, I was on a thread with Jane who lives in Temecula--her son plays tennis like your nephew. I asked if he ever played schools up your way......long story short, no he doesn't but another person (a moderator) asked if I was married to you!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Boy wouldn't Angie and James be upset to hear that!!

EZMONEY
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I am flattered ALLISON ~ can't speak for James of course but ANGIE is not the least bit jealous of my "flirting" at all! She couldn't be married to me if she was ;) Plus she knows she OWNS me!

Yep, Temecula schools are just a little to far for our league, we stop north at Falllbrook. When my daughter was playing tennis at Vista High, they did play an exhibition match against Temecula. When my son was at Vista they ran into Temecula at basketball tournaments from time to time and at cross~ country invitationals.

jtammy
03-13-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm smiling because my 14 year old son cooked supper tonight, and did a great job! :)

lizziness
03-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Well EZ, since you love the grumpy Lizzie so much...I am smiling because this day is finally over and unless my cat dies and I stub my toe tomorrow can only be better. :)

seriously, sometimes that's the only reason to smile, but it's still better to hold out hope for tomorrow, right?!

cbmare
03-14-2007, 12:06 AM
CBmare- I am smiling because someone said something really nice about me today when I really needed to hear it. thank you :)

Jen, Sweetie, you are so very welcome. We all need that once in a while.

Spinymouse
03-14-2007, 12:18 AM
:flame: I'm smiling today because I don't have TV and I'm not watching American Idol.

Gamerchick
03-14-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm smiling today because the guy I love doesn't ever give up on me and is patient even when I have PMS-y outbursts on the phone...and that I probably wouldn't be alive if it weren't for it (he is my comfort in this crazy house). And because he's put up with almost a year of my food issues and believes in me all the time. :hug:

lilybelle
03-14-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm smiling today because I got my tax stuff all ready and to the tax ladies office. This means I'm on the ball since she usually gets my stuff on April 13th. LOL. Also she complimented me on how "great" I look now since she hadn't seen me since last April.

2frustrated
03-14-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm smiling today because skwigg (www.skwigg.com) just reminded me that I don't want to starve and do lots of cardio! :lol:

I'm smiling today because I decided to look after myself properly again

I'm smiling today because I think I might make it to the gym tonight after a week off

I'm smiling today because I managed 2 hours of kickboxing last night and I'm not sore this morning!

I'm smiling today because I get the evening almost to myself for some chillaxin'!

I'm smiling today because I have almost finished a very VERY long work project.

I'm smiling today because, just because! :D

EZMONEY
03-14-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm smiling because my 14 year old son cooked supper tonight, and did a great job! :)

I could use a kid like that..send him over! :) after the homework of course! :)

Well EZ, since you love the grumpy Lizzie so much...I am smiling because this day is finally over and unless my cat dies and I stub my toe tomorrow can only be better. :)

Whaddaya want LIZZIE? for me to start a I'M GRUMPY LIKE LIZZIE thread?;)

seriously, sometimes that's the only reason to smile, but it's still better to hold out hope for tomorrow, right?!

We are here for you dear NO MATTER WHAT! :hug:

tikanique
03-14-2007, 09:04 AM
alinell, I don't have a mean bone in my body. I'm just jealous cause you posted about much better temperatures than what we have her in the D. Don't pay Gary any attention.

Gary, you should find that R. Kelly song called "I'm a Flirt!" It could possibly be your anthem, except the part when he says he goes to the club and after another man buys the drinks, he takes their woman home with him. I bet Angie don't play that.

2Fru, good job on the kickboxing. And not being sore is definitely a reason to smile.

I'm smiling cause I styled my hair in the same style I used to wear it in a year ago and BOY it's grown so much. I'm also smiling cause I get to leave work a bit early today.

Oh, and it IS Wack 10!

Tiki

EZMONEY
03-14-2007, 09:05 AM
I am :) this morning because my son, nephew and Angie finally got their picks into espn (we do a pool with some of Ryan's friends) for the March Madness!

This is going to be too easy! My nephew and wife both have Florida going the distance...hahahahahah ;)

EZMONEY
03-14-2007, 09:09 AM
alinell, I don't have a mean bone in my body. I'm just jealous cause you posted about much better temperatures than what we have her in the D. Don't pay Gary any attention.

Why should she? No one else does!

Gary, you should find that R. Kelly song called "I'm a Flirt!" It could possibly be your anthem, except the part when he says he goes to the club and after another man buys the drinks, he takes their woman home with him. I bet Angie don't play that.

I don't listen to music where band use initials!...oh, well maybe ELO.... REM.....ah never mind.

2Fru, good job on the kickboxing. And not being sore is definitely a reason to smile.

I'm smiling cause I styled my hair in the same style I used to wear it in a year ago and BOY it's grown so much. I'm also smiling cause I get to leave work a bit early today.

Oh, and it IS Wack 10!

Tiki

Thanks I needed that :mad:

Ruthxxx
03-14-2007, 09:24 AM
I am smiling today because Gary is funny and always makes me smile - or smirk!

Actually I'm smiling for another reason. The boys are starting tapping the maple trees in my bush and that means the start of real Spring!

tikanique
03-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I was reading a Little House novel last night (while under the hair dryer) and Laura was excited cause Pa was tapping the trees. I guess I never thought that this is still done. How cool!

Tiki

lizziness
03-14-2007, 10:27 AM
hehehe. i'm smiling this morning because Gary reminded me why not to be a grouch. and I actually got some sleep and feel awake!! off to do overtime... hopefully I'll have some smiling to do when I'm done...:D

tikanique
03-15-2007, 10:22 AM
I was cracking up LAUGHING at myself because I was walking past two men in the RenCenter and one began to comment "I need to get with tha..!!" but then changed it to "Ma'am, Ma'am your skirts unzipped." I reached back and realized my whole backside, drawers and all were exposed for the world to see. I turned around to zip the skirt and then my wrap top decided to swing wide open! I basically showed the guy exactly what he would be getting if he "got with that!"

Nothing else to do BUT laugh!

Tiki

EZMONEY
03-15-2007, 10:39 AM
I was cracking up LAUGHING at myself because I was walking past two men in the RenCenter and one began to comment "I need to get with tha..!!" but then changed it to "Ma'am, Ma'am your skirts unzipped." I reached back and realized my whole backside, drawers and all were exposed for the world to see. I turned around to zip the skirt and then my wrap top decided to swing wide open! I basically showed the guy exactly what he would be getting if he "got with that!"

Nothing else to do BUT laugh!

Tiki

WAY TO GO TIKI~ You have already made you-tube! and TMZ...WOW! check those out ;)

hehehe. i'm smiling this morning because Gary reminded me why not to be a grouch. and I actually got some sleep and feel awake!! off to do overtime... hopefully I'll have some smiling to do when I'm done...:D

:hug:

EZMONEY
03-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I am :) smiling today because I have a doctors appointment this morning....sooo...I am taking the day off to watch MARCH MADNESS! :carrot: Some of the games anyway. Then this afternoon my son is coaching his high school jumpers in a track meet against my alma mater (and his, my daughter's, my neices and nephews, my brothers and sister's). I have never seen him "coach" before...should be cool!

I am smiling because my dauhgter called me last night just to say she loved me and would see me at her brother's track meet.

I am smiling because I have a super ex-wife. She is really doing a great job in helping us solve a terrible situation my son and daughter in law got thrown into because of her parents.

Jessie_777
03-16-2007, 02:59 AM
I'm smiling today because it's almost Friday :)

mcelweewife
03-16-2007, 03:06 AM
I found this site! I am new here, but I am hoping to learn a lot and share my experiences as well!

DivaDuck
03-16-2007, 03:08 AM
I'm smiling today because I've got a great husband, great kids and great friends. PLUS I'm getting a new elliptical machine next week! Workouts at home. WooHoo!

srmb60
03-16-2007, 06:43 AM
:D I'm going shopping!

2frustrated
03-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Can I come??? :hyper:

I'm smiling today, because I too, am going shopping :lol: Ha, well I'm going food shopping for some healthy recipe ingredients. :D

I'm smiling today because I'm wearing my jeans

I'm smiling today because I'm wearing my yellow top!

I'm smiling today because I feel happy :D

alinnell
03-16-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm smiling because I dropped a pound!

I'm smiling because it's almost my bday and DH is taking me out to dinner

But I'm sad.....it's Friday and the paperboy is LATE AGAIN. Always on Fridays.....

EZMONEY
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm smiling today because ~

The high school my son teaches and coaches at lost the meet yesterday to mine and his alma mater, but the kids he coaches won boys high jump ~ boys and girls long jump ~ and boys and girls triple jump...almost a clean sweep for him 5 out of 6! Watching him in action you could telll the kids love him. But why not, he is only 25 full of energy, young enough to relate to them, mature enough to teach them, the boys like him because he did jumps in high school and college and the girls like him 'cause he's cute ;) Thge parents like him because he makes personal contact with them.

I am smiling today because my daughter is here doing homework before she heads to grad school. Today is her day off and she came home last night to go watch her brothers track meet and attend a "family" meeting.

I am smiling today because work is slow enough I can take a 3 day week-end (4) actually with my doctors visit yesterday :carrot:

I am :) because I am tied with Angie for 2nd in the espn private pool we are in! Ryan is in first...his buddies are behind us...for now anyway!

EZMONEY
03-16-2007, 11:07 AM
DID somebody mention "almost my birthday?" Not sure when it is but I want to wish you one now so I don't miss it!

:bday2you: :bday2you: :bday2you: :bday2you:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!

HAVE A GREAT ONE and don't WINE too much ;)

Janny O
03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm smiling today because ~
The boss is gone, it's Friday, I'm all alone, and it looks like it will hit 100 degrees here in Phx, which means the start of the pool season!

4myloves
03-16-2007, 04:02 PM
DID somebody mention "almost my birthday?" Not sure when it is but I want to wish you one now so I don't miss it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!

HAVE A GREAT ONE and don't WINE too much ;)

I'm in all sorts of agreement with that!!

Who, OUR Allison WINE too much. Nah, Gary, you must have her confused with someone else....... :p

alinnell
03-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Who ME? Wine? Too much?

Well, I have an EXCUSE this weekend!!!

It's the start of a three day party! DH taking me out to dinner tonight, the REAL party tomorrow at the polo grounds an then my in-laws taking me out for a nice lunch Sunday. :drinkup:

Thanks!!!

L8again
03-16-2007, 04:12 PM
It's Friday and I get to go to a "Girl" party this weekend (those are sooo much fun) and it has turned out to be a beautiful day.

shelby897
03-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm smiling today because everything just kind of "flowed", even when something went wrong, it corrected easily. Like the universe was in perfect alignment and my kids actually liked each other ALL DAY!!

EZMONEY
03-16-2007, 10:41 PM
"it is the dawning of the age of aquarius...the age of aquarius..."

I'm smiling 'cause my friend Shelby had a good day!

EZMONEY
03-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I am smiling :) today because:

Both my teams are still in MARCH MADNESS ~ UCLA and USC

Because Angie is taking the dogs on a 30 minute walk this morning and they love it! Easy training day for Angie and the mutts, yesterday it was a 3.5 mile run for them.

Nephew won 2/3 of his tennis matches yesterday and he is still speaking to me even though he is in "PRISON" with me at the moment ;) for lying about homework AGAIN!

It is :cupgold: :luck2you: :patrick: :kissluck: :goldpot: :drinkup: :irish: DAY and we are havaing a BBQ here tonight!

Enjoy your week-end!

ninepaw
03-17-2007, 10:40 AM

I start my first day at my first job today! I'm working on the Easter Bunny set in the mall, which will at least half the time have me as the bunny! It should be an interesting day!

shelby897
03-17-2007, 01:42 PM
I am smiling today because we just spent 2 1/2 hours outside playing in the snow and I wasn't rushing to come in!! I'm smiling today because my husband and I are finally getting along again (it's been a long, long time!!)

Ninepaw -- enjoy your first day -- do you realize kid's will idolize you as much as Santa Claus when you have that suit on -- that's an amazing skill!! Keep the ear plugs handy for the screaming kids that mom and dad still make sit on your lap!! Have a great day.

And

:goldpot: :goldpot:
Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!
:goldpot: :goldpot:

EZMONEY
03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I am :) smiling :) today because my two favorite teams made it to the SWEET 16 in MARCH MADNESS :carrot:

I am smiling because we went to church..that always makes me :)

I am smiling because Angie and I did some yard mowing, planted some flowers and bushes and put together a fountain we picked up yesterday at Lowes.

I am smiling because after that I went with my wife to pick up a lamp she was interested in and missed only 15 minutes of the USC game!

2frustrated
03-19-2007, 10:10 AM
I am smiling today because.....

I'm revelling in the delights of my healthy-baking spree at the weekend!

I have been to the gym and got those endorphins flowing

I have signed up for the Amsterdam marathon

I have booked a really nice apartment for me, YP1 and Kykaree and our respective guests to stay in Amsterdam - AND IT'S NEAR THE BREAKFAST PLACE! :hyper:

it's Monday, and I like Mondays, it's a chance to start the week afresh after a wonky weekend.

my muscles feel worked for a change

I get to hang out with some cool young people and help them succeed at kickboxing.

I get to go eat lunch now..... :wave: byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

tikanique
03-19-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm smiling because I'm hoping it will make me feel better after the weekend I had. I'm trying that whole smile when you feel like crying thing. I'll let y'all know if it works.

Tiki

FrouFrou
03-19-2007, 04:27 PM

...my doggy got a clean bill of health from the vet today. And...it's almost moving time-2 days to go! :woohoo: :cp:

Kim_Star060404
03-19-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm smiling because DH and I will be in escrow by tomorrow night and because it's 4:16 and I get to go home soon!

EZMONEY
03-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I am smiling today because.....

I have signed up for the Amsterdam marathon ....QUOTE]

GOOD FOR YOU FRUSTRATED :cp:

[QUOTE=tikanique;1617185]I'm smiling because I'm hoping it will make me feel better after the weekend I had. I'm trying that whole smile when you feel like crying thing. I'll let y'all know if it works.

Tiki

:hug:

...my doggy got a clean bill of health from the vet today. And...it's almost moving time-2 days to go! :woohoo: :cp:

:carrot: Boy I know that relief!

I have been smiling ALL day :) Angie was my "girlfriend" ;) last night. It had been awhile ...darn woman issues :mad:

ennay
03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
OK I will try really hard not to bring this thread down

I am smiling today because I am friends with a group of amazing women- amazing moms. Most of us have never met in person, and yet we would consider each other among our closest friends. I am smiling because I am watching this group of women pull together to support one of us through the hardest thing anyone would ever have to go through. I know none of us have met her in person, but we are all there for her, and we love her so and I think (hope?) at some level, in some small way our love is helping her on this hardest of days. I am smiling because I know at 2 pm today, central time, we were all weeping together. I felt them over the distance of thousands of miles that separates us.

EZMONEY
03-19-2007, 10:32 PM
I am smiling because I have been given the opportunity to pray for ENNAY and her friends.

newFannie07
03-20-2007, 12:56 AM
I am smiling because I just found the baseball thread.

crazynette826
03-20-2007, 03:58 AM
I am smiling because I got my taxes done and I get a refund!!!!

2frustrated
03-20-2007, 06:16 AM
I am smiling today because I get to spend 2 hours with my second-favourite person in the whole world! :D

Also because I'm warm and not in an ice storm on the motorway :)

Also because I'm going to get me a hot chocolate, right now! :lol:

tikanique
03-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Ennay, I'll toss my prayers in that they line up with your prayers and your groups prayers.

And yes, the smile thing even though I was upset worked. Worked so well that I was able to leave work and muster up enough OOMPH to go to the gym to run for endorphins.

I'm smiling today because I made it BACK up at 4:30 and got in a workout, my DD got to school EARLY instead of at the ring of the school bell, both bosses are out of town and I have such a wonderful support group right at my fingertips!

May we ALL have a wonderful day!

Tiki

Kim_Star060404
03-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Such positive vibes...I love this thread!

I'm smiling because of all the wonderful, uplifting posts I've read today.

I'm smiling because one of my coworkers who was going through a rough patch seems to be getting through it well.

I'm smiling because last night I took a walk with DH and the furbabies and had to carry the little one (16 lbs.) because he got worn out. (Double workout for me -- YAY!)

ennay
03-20-2007, 02:07 PM
I am smiling today because I am surrounded by such wonderful people.

...and because we are getting rid of the minivan that dh bought that reeks of wet dog and getting a nicer used one. (they cant all be profound smiles)

Tadow
03-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm smiling today because it is my father's birthday and the gift (I ordered online) just came in the mail! :carrot:

EZMONEY
03-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I am smiling today because Angie's school's ASB is having a fundraiser tonight at FUDRUCKERS and we are going ~ Yipee!

tikanique
03-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I am smiling today because I worked out even though I'm sick as a dog. I'm also smiling cause I have plenty of drugs here today to totally numb me out.

Tiki

L8again
03-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm smiling today because it's another beautiful day!!!

ennay
03-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm smiling today because....

Its sunny (although COLD)
THREE people at the gym yesterday commented on my weightloss
I had a nice 5 mile run this morning ending with the sunrise
I just took a NAP!!!!

Kim_Star060404
03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
I am smiling because of ennay's beautiful baby (in her pic) and because I see she met her mini Easter goal! YAY!

ennay
03-21-2007, 04:29 PM
I am smiling because of ennay's beautiful baby (in her pic) and because I see she met her mini Easter goal! YAY!

thank you....I cant believe he will be 6 months soon sniffff

and not QUITE...I am neurotic so 139 is the goal, everything else still rounds up!

I am smiling because Kim said my baby is beautiful :D

EZMONEY
03-21-2007, 06:05 PM

Thank-you KIM, that is my "adopted" grandson ;)

thank you....I cant believe he will be 6 months soon sniffff.........

I know :( , seems like just only last week I became his "adopted" grandfather...Oh, wait...I DID! :carrot: They still grow up too fast!!

EZMONEY
03-21-2007, 06:11 PM
I am smiling :) because my brother just hollered at me, from across the street, when I went to get my mail...he just got back from picking up the carna asada and pollo asada for tomorrow night. Our sister is out here from Illinois for a week...PAR-TAY!!

I am smiling also because Angie has BUNKO tongiht...which means I get to eat whatever I want...I think I will have pizza...but with basil, tomato and garlic...instead of pepperoni. I did take the dogs on a brisk 45 minute 2 1/2 mile walk this afternoon after work! So I can afford it...yea right! :nono:

mandalinn82
03-21-2007, 06:18 PM
I am smiling today because my wedding is exactly one month away!

jtammy
03-21-2007, 08:10 PM
I am smiling today because the weather is so beautiful today AND my DS cooked dinner tonight! and enough calories for dessert! :cb:

lizzie3
03-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I am smiling today because a friend of mine got a promotion that she really deserved, and I'm very happy for her!

lovemacon
03-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Well i lurked so I'll post. i am smiling because...I controlled my eating today, my DD was a big helper (she's 4) and I'm alive.
I like this idea, so I may be back. keeps one focused.

2frustrated
03-22-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm smiling today because my legs hurt! :tantrum:

I'm smiling because I don't WANT the danish pastries

Because the snow wasn't as bad as I thought

Because I get to kickbox tonight for 2 hours

Because I'm almost finished that stupid project

Because it's not too cold today.

EZMONEY
03-22-2007, 08:00 AM
I am checking in before I head off to work and am smiling because we may have a new poster here in lovemacon...

I am smiling because 2FRUSTRATED REALLY get's it! YIPEE!!!

Ruthxxx
03-22-2007, 08:06 AM
:) I'm smiling because the sap is running today so there will be a taste of syrup tomorrow.

:) I'm smiling bebcause I had a lovely dinner with my new friend Christine and got to know her better.

:) I'm smiling because my dogs are so happy to see me every morning. They don't give a hoot that I'm old and fat and may have bad breathe from the garlic in last night's dinner!

EZMONEY
03-22-2007, 08:25 AM
That's what Angie says about me RUTH!!!..lol

lovemacon
03-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I am smiling today becasue I found this thread.

I am smiling today because I want to be healthy

I am smiling today because I am having lunch with an old friend.

Thanks for the welcom...I know I'll be back.

Kim_Star060404
03-22-2007, 10:42 AM
I am smiling today because the sales contract for the house we're trying to buy is on its way to the lender.

I am smiling today because last night I got some "me" time and I loved it!

I am smiling today because DH is cooking tonight and then going out to play poker with the boys -- more "me" time!!

I am smiling today because I am really looking forward to my walk tonight!

mandalinn82
03-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I am smiling today because someone called me inspirational!

jtammy
03-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I am smiling today because I just got a nice walk in at lunch.

I'm smiling because Mandalinn just realized that she's inspirational (while she's been an inspiration to me for months.)

I'm smiling because I have the best kids and husband in the world. :)

EZMONEY
03-22-2007, 04:25 PM
I am smiling this afternoon because my ex-wife's SO just finished fixing the air conditioner on my truck...just in time for summer!! And it didn't coast me an arm and a leg...just a leg..wink

mandalinn82
03-22-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm smiling because JTammy made me blush! And because everyone on this board is soo darned sweet.

I'm also smiling because my sister's bridal shower favors came in the mail today, giving me plenty of time to assemble them.

Gosh - lots of reasons to smile today! Also smiling because my kitchen floor is mopped (thank you Hoover floormate!), because my promotion got approved by the big boss, and because of this thread, which I love.

EZMONEY
03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm smiling Amanda because you are HAPPY today! Youy must have "clean clothes" wink!!!

mandalinn82
03-22-2007, 05:06 PM
LOL! Yes, I am smiling because my laundry is finally done.

I am also smiling because Gary's story about how he scammed his neighbor into drying/folding his laundry (but left her quarters!) by leaving his laundry in the washer all day had me giggling well into the evening last night.

ennay
03-22-2007, 07:02 PM
I am smiling because my baby FINALLY rolled over today! Then got stuck on his tummy and screamed bloody murder.

phantastica
03-23-2007, 10:44 AM
I am smiling because I'm grateful for a learning opportunity disguised as a challenge that presented itself to me today.

L8again
03-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I know it sounds kinda cheesey but I am smiling today because I can't stop thinking about my husband. I love him so much.

tikanique
03-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm smiling because I'm not as sick as I was the past two days. I'm also smiling because I'm trading Ohio Tennessee insults with a friend via text messaging and it's hilarious.

Tiki

mandalinn82
03-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I am smiling today because I've officially reached my "dream weight" for my wedding....lighter than I have been since the sixth grade.

I am also smiling because I just confirmed travel arrangements with my friend who is flying from TAIWAN to be in our wedding, and his ticket is booked, so we definitely get to see him and I can't wait.

Finally, I'm smiling because we finally found a guitar player for our ceremony, and booked him. Which is a major wedding stressor that I no longer have to stress about!

ennay
03-23-2007, 01:05 PM
I am smiling because I think I might actually get to ski on our ski trip!

I am smiling because I feel like it!

dangerouscurves76
03-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I am smiling today because a friend I haven't seen since x-mas told me that I must have found the fountain of youth because I look so young and healthy! Best compliment ever...and we all know guys never notice anything. :)

EZMONEY
03-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I am smiling :) today because the new carpet is going in the family room as we speak.

I am :) because I got home from work early to "house sit" for the carpet, while Angie went to get fresh pesto pasta sauce from our Italian deli, take nephews pants to the dry cleaner and pick up a corsage, for the knucklehead to give to his girl, for the vice versa dance :dance: tomorrow night ~

while I rest here hanging out with you gals!

tikanique
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
lazy bum! :-)

lovemacon
03-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I am smiling because my DD wants to cuddle with me.

I am smiling because I am 20lbs lighter as of today.

I am smiling because I actually reached my EOM goal before the EOM.

Jennylee
03-24-2007, 12:24 AM
I am smiling today because LIFE IS GOOD. :) I have 3 beautiful girls and a lovely hubby, and although every day is full because I also look after my 92 year old grandmother as well as my family, I am still here and we are a happy, laughing, caring family.

I am also smiling today because I am researching my family tree. I found one of my mothers cousins and he has written in an email "You don't know what a can of worms you are opening my dear girl."........His mother had her first child only 5 months after being married.....OH shame on her. LOL If it was in this day and age there would be no can of worms but being in the early 1930's it was.

Have a good day,
Jennylee :)

mandalinn82
03-24-2007, 01:24 AM
I am smiling today because I just spent probably a whole day and a half worth of calories at one meal...but it was literally the best meal of my life. Had to celebrate that promotion....and MAN. It was amazing. It was worth EVERYTHING we spent...caloric or price wise.

Tomorrow I will go easy. But tonight was amazing. Utterly amazing. And I will say that I felt -stunning- in my dress. A fabulous date night and celebration.

We went here:
http://www.firehouseoldsac.com/

EZMONEY
03-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I have seen that place AMANDA, but everytime I had about 15 ~ 8th graders tailing me! Glad you had a good time!

Stasha
03-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I lost 8 lbs. Yaaaay!!!!:carrot:

srmb60
03-24-2007, 08:00 PM
I lost 2.1 lbs!

Lunalore
03-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm smiling because today I worked out TWICE, 30 minutes this morning and 60 minutes this evening. I hate exercising so this is a huge accomplishment for me!

EZMONEY
03-24-2007, 08:24 PM
I am smiling at the half of the UCLA game...I hope to be smiling later...

EZMONEY
03-24-2007, 09:34 PM
YIPEE! Game over...still :)

EZMONEY
03-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I am smiling today because we are getting ready for church

because about 15 members of my family are coming over for a BBQ this afternoon

my son turns 26 today and I don't feel old..ha!

Gamerchick
03-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Because I lost 13 pounds and I am finally over starving and looking to it as an option. I'm sticking to my plan!

srmb60
03-25-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm not working so I get to go to church this morning too. I'm going to walk in God's awesome fresh air, wear something cute and fashionable and mingle with Christian friends!

ennay
03-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I am outta here!... for a week - vacation!!!!!

see-ya!!!!

jules1216
03-25-2007, 04:50 PM
It is a most beautiful spring day with lots of sunshine!!!

lovemacon
03-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I am smiling because God is good.

I am smiling becasue I am healthy.

I am smiling because my kids are both napping and I am getting some laudry done...doesn't sound like a reason to smile, but I am looking for the postive thing here.

2frustrated
03-26-2007, 05:37 AM
I am smiling today because I have a nice shiney new ring :D

Because the sun is shining

Because I just ate a lovely chocolate brownie :T

Because I'm not starting the week hungover from my weekend food choices.

Because I'm going to the gym at lunch

Because I feel happy today :)

EZMONEY
03-26-2007, 06:12 AM
I am smiling because we had a great family day yesterday ~ super BBQ here ~
I will be leaving to work out of town for a few days...not smiling about the 150 mile trip or that it is 3 am!

But I am smiling because the paycheck will be good!

srmb60
03-26-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm smiling today because I really feel good, and capable of staying on plan.

stephyk
03-26-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm smiling today because I got up and went for a walk even though the weather is not that nice..thunerstormy. But I feel really good

phantastica
03-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Stephy, I love walking in thunderstormy weather. :)

I am smiling today because I have felt good about my eating choices for about 2 weeks straight, now. I'm hoping today's weigh-in will result in a loss.

Jade235
03-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm smiling because I just back from a walk with two great ladies at my work, I have time to spend with my fiance tonight, both doing business and fun stuff for our wedding, and I'll (hopefully if it is not too late) will get to work out with one of my very best friends! :)

FrouFrou
03-26-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm smiling today because I am down 1 pound, and because we are moved and I am getting the house organized!

sweet_talker
03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm smiling today because today I am doing things FOR ME, not because it's required, not because people are nagging me or school is looming, but because it's my choice.

phantastica
03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I am smiling today because I made a dignified choice about a situation I usually botch.

And because I'm going to try a cardio-salsa class tonight.

cbmare
03-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm smiling because I'm feeling better

EZMONEY
03-28-2007, 06:59 PM
How :cool: cool :cool: is this gals ~ I was out of town working for a few days and I see there are still things to :) smile about!

I am smiling because I am back home!

I am smiling because yesterday high winds blew my gazebo into my neighbors back yard...but it doesn't look too damaged! Now, how to get it back?

I am smiling because Angie is out doing 3.1 miles with the goldens..staying in shape ;) .

I am smiling because I ?think? we are going to get an LCD or Plasma television tonight.

707Goddess
03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
I am smiling today because despite my broken rib and avoiding the scale for 3 week i still lost 3 lbs WHOOOOOO HOOOO

alinnell
03-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Oooooh, Gary! A new TV! How totally cool!!!! Glad you had a good time out of town and you're back again (we missed you--but don't tell DH I said so!!).

I'm smiling because we're going out to a dinner/dance fundraiser for DD's band (and I actually have something cute to wear to it).

mandalinn82
03-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I am smiling because if I don't smile at the wedding madness, I really might kill someone :-)

EZMONEY
03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I am smiling becuase we did the one stop shopping at Best Buy ~ liked what the kid had to say on a plasma TV so we bought it...we shall see. It was quite a bit less than the one we were looking to buy...he swore by it. We were having such a tough time deciding between plasma, LCD, and projection...still not positive we made the "right" choice though.

Went next door to check out the gazebo...more damage than I thought but I am smiling because it does appear fixable...now to get it back over the fence...humm...

EZMONEY
03-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Now AMANDA...there is just NO NEED for that BRIDEZILLA talk....wink

mandalinn82
03-28-2007, 11:10 PM
My future father in law is making inappropriate song suggestions. Come on - just over three weeks to go, i ask him to pick a song for a father dancing with his daughter....and he suggests (tongue firmly in cheek) "I touch myself", by The Divinyls.

OK, maybe it makes me smile a little.

I am smiling today because going to the gym and really sweating out the stress gave me back my sanity, which had dissolved slowly over the day. Ready to eat dinner and dive back into the to-do list!

EZMONEY
03-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Our canopy used to be between my son and his wife and my dauhgter and her fiance ~ we moved it over those tables on the shuffleboard area so the kids could play bocce ball ~ You can see where the wind took it. And NO, I didn't spike it down, it was on concrete and I was goin to put it back after the bridal shower on Saturday...stupid ~ stupid ~ stupid :D

brandnewme
03-29-2007, 12:19 AM
I am smiling today because for the first time in a long time, I have done something purely for myself and not for any other purpose.

I am also smiling today because I got to spend a couple hours with the world's best niece & nephew - baby smiles, toddler hugs, and a big dose of snuggle time makes the world much better.

And, I am smiling because I finally have direction - something I have been severely lacking for the last year!

FrouFrou
03-29-2007, 03:20 PM
I am smiling today because I have my kitchen done! :cp:

melekalikimaka
03-29-2007, 03:55 PM
I am smiling today because hubby and I have talked a lot over the past few days and have come to an understanding, dare I say it, a truce? about some issues we have had with each other. We made up and are settling back into our crazy married life. You can't just sneeze at 12 years even though it's been a roller coaster ride.

srmb60
03-29-2007, 03:55 PM
I just had a nice bath and I have time to air dry my hair. A simple luxury that makes me smile.

cbmare
03-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm :carrot: :cb: :cp: :dance: :twirly: today.

I got word that my mammogram was clear! A few years ago I was having to go every 6 months. Last year was the first time in quite a while that they said to come back in a year. This year they said to "come back in 1 year"!

:cb: :cp: :dance: :twirly:

Ruthxxx
03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
I am smiling because cbmare is so happy! Great news!

I am smiling because my Lucy is lying on her back in a sun puddle and looks perfectly content to stay there forever. She just had her supper which may be helping the contentment. I'd take a picture but it'd be just a mass of ruffled black curls in the sunlight.

EZMONEY
03-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I am smiling today because I see some of my 3FC gals are having wonderful and exciting changes and things happening in their lives!

EZMONEY
03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Oooooh, Gary! A new TV! How totally cool!!!! Glad you had a good time out of town and you're back again (we missed you--but don't tell DH I said so!!).

:nono: :nono: :tape: :nono: :nono: :sssh:

I'm smiling because we're going out to a dinner/dance fundraiser for DD's band (and I actually have something cute to wear to it).

Now, wouldn't those words..."I have something cute to wear" pretty much solve ANY problem in our country, if women were in charge? ;)

melekalikimaka
03-29-2007, 08:34 PM
cbmare, congratulations on the good news! :high:

I am smiling even bigger today because I just booked me a Vegas vacation to ring in the new year...9 months away but still, I'm looking forward to it.

mandalinn82
03-29-2007, 08:50 PM
I am smiling today remembering my Vegas New Years vacation...its crazy, but fun!

I'm also smiling because I am donating blood tomorrow and it always makes me happy

EZMONEY
03-29-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm smil..NO! I'm LAUGHING 'cause NOELLE has her man DOWN! And worked a vacation out of the deal!! Good move girl! Happens to me from time to time..lol!

2frustrated
03-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm smiling because it's Friday and I get to go home soon :)

phantastica
03-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I am smiling today because I like my job, I feel proud of my accomplishments and who I am, and I'm starting to believe the compliments people have been telling me.

sweet_talker
03-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm smiling today because I have two classes today and then the ones next week and then I am DONE!!!!!! (Besides one test.) YESSSS!!!! 1st year university OVER.

EZMONEY
03-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm smiling because it's Friday and I get to go home soon :)

I am smiling today because I like my job, I feel proud of my accomplishments and who I am, and I'm starting to believe the compliments people have been telling me.

I'm smiling today because I have two classes today and then the ones next week and then I am DONE!!!!!! (Besides one test.) YESSSS!!!! 1st year university OVER.

:cp: :cp: :cp: :bravo: :cp: :cp: :cp: :bravo: :cp: :cp: :cp:

I am smiling :) because we got the canopy back into my yard yesterday! And only small repairs to it after the high winds carried it next door.

I am smiling :) because tomorrow is my daughter's bridal shower and she is so happy!

melekalikimaka
03-30-2007, 07:43 PM
I am smiling today because I breezed through physical therapy even though they upped my weights and repetitions. They are releasing me next week! :cheer2: AND because I lost 3 lbs at my WI @ WW. WooHoo!!!

TGIF people :cb:

FrouFrou
03-31-2007, 10:27 AM
I am smiling today because the sun is shining, finally! :sunny:

mandalinn82
04-02-2007, 01:48 PM
I am smiling today for lots of reasons, mostly because...

The wedding stuff got much more under control this weekend

I get to go to my parents house for Easter (I am 24 and still get a basket, and usually hide eggs to bring out my inner child)

The apartment complex is repairing the broken washing machines today, so that we won't have to all share -one- working one anymore!

My apartment is mostly clean!

I got up early this morning and went grocery shopping for the week, which is a great thing to check off my list.

finn
04-03-2007, 05:48 AM
I'm smiling today because I went to see Dolly Parton in concert in Dublin last night and she was fan bloody tastic!

junebug41
04-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm smiling today because I went to see Dolly Parton in concert in Dublin last night and she was fan bloody tastic!

I just saw her at the Country music Hall of Fame... The bronzed version:(
You are so lucky!

beautifulone
04-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I am smiling today because smiling makes me feel good :cool:

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I am smiling today because it is GOOD FRIDAY and I know in three days It will be EASTER...He is Risen!

cbmare
04-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm smiling today because it is Good Friday, too! I will finally be able to eat meat on Sunday! I've almost made it through the not eating "anything on 4 legs" challenge I gave myself for Lent.

I'm smiling because my boss is out of town and we get to knock off at 3! I'm going to the library to check out some different fitness videos before I buy more. I'm rewarding myself for meeting my challenge.

jules1216
04-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I bought a baby outfit for a friends shower complete with teeny tiny sandals!! so cute you have to smile!!

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 06:12 PM
I am smiling because MARE reached her goal for Lent! and JULES picked up some cute baby clothes...Angie and I were looking at cute baby sandals last night at the skateboard store, where nephew was getting shoes. I WANT a GRANDkid...wink

jules1216
04-06-2007, 06:59 PM
I am smiling because MARE reached her goal for Lent! and JULES picked up some cute baby clothes...Angie and I were looking at cute baby sandals last night at the skateboard store, where nephew was getting shoes. I WANT a GRANDkid...wink

Gary--I got some little onsies and a little pair of bib overall shorts and the cutest sandals for our friends baby boy who I am going to totally enjoy when he arrives next month and my niece is due anytime (hubby told me I went overboard on her shower--I think I am going to end up doing the same on our friends!!) I got out of my empty nest want of a baby and I am definitely not ready for grandkids yet luckily my son who just turned 22 and his beautiful girlfriend are waiting a few years--my daughter who will be 20 in June says she is never having kids after being in the delivery room at 17 when her best friend had her baby--talk about alternative means of birth control!! Have a great Easter weekend!!

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks JULES, you too! we are going to Good friday service in about 3 hours then Easter and breakfast at church. No sunrise service this year, Angie has to play bells at 8 and 10:30.

ennay
04-06-2007, 07:09 PM
I am smiling because I just planted a bed of flowers :) It is sunny and gorgeous today.

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Funny ENNAY...just 3 minutes ago I hollered at Angie that she had roses coming up on her bushes! Spring has sprung!

Man are my adopted GRANDkids getting cute!!

ennay
04-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Gary, I gotta get a pic up for you of dd, although that pic of ds could have been her at the same age, she was more petite but otherwise identical.

Well, cant add them to the post cause I dont have a public online site, but if you look at my profile....thats her!

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 08:15 PM
SO ADORABLE! Now for hilarious...they just posted the pictures of our 5K last week-end. Her are pics of me (on my cell phone...so slow I could call my mom in Illinois!) Angie, my nephew ron, my daughter Amnada and her fiance Zac.

EZMONEY
04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
oh well, I have no idea why mine is the only one that enlarges.

melekalikimaka
04-06-2007, 08:29 PM
??? :lol: I'm smiling today because Gary is funny.

Jennylee
04-07-2007, 10:52 AM
I am smiling today because I have had a great week and to top it all off I have lost almost 2 pounds. Even after having a birthday last Sunday with chinese and birthday cake. :)

Jennylee

Ruthxxx
04-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I m smiling today despite the cold and snow because my two dogs are always so happy and delighted to see me! I like being the centre of their Universe and being greeted with wagging tails and excitement even if I've just gone out to the car for a minute.

alinnell
04-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm smiling today because I'm finally losing weight again!!! This is the lowest I've seen since November!!!

Ennay~your children are adorable. I'd post pics of mine, except they're grown now and don't have that cute kid-ness about them any longer (well, DD is in my sig).

Gary~how many 5k's do you do a year? We only have 2 here to choose from

EZMONEY
04-07-2007, 01:27 PM
??? :lol: I'm smiling today because Gary is funny.

Just doing what I can to try and change that new "avatar' you have ;)

I am smiling today because I have had a great week and to top it all off I have lost almost 2 pounds. Even after having a birthday last Sunday with chinese and birthday cake. :)

Jennylee

:bday2: I assume it was your birthday :dunno:

I m smiling today despite the cold and snow because my two dogs are always so happy and delighted to see me! I like being the centre of their Universe and being greeted with wagging tails and excitement even if I've just gone out to the car for a minute.

I know that feeling RUTH! WONDERFUL....they :love: me sooo much...OR...is it the :cookie: their "sucker" daddy gives them :lol:

I'm smiling today because I'm finally losing weight again!!! This is the lowest I've seen since November!!!

Ennay~your children are adorable. I'd post pics of mine, except they're grown now and don't have that cute kid-ness about them any longer (well, DD is in my sig).

Yes, my ADOPTED GRANDkids are adorable! ;)

Gary~how many 5k's do you do a year? We only have 2 here to choose from

ALLISON ~ Angie and I do anywhere from 3 to 7 5K's a year, depending on where I am at work. If I am out of town I don't do any training....not that you really need to at my speed! ;) I almost always walk them anymore or turtlejog between my walking. Angie always trains to run, but if she is having back or knee issues she will walk them too. We always do the CARLSBAD 5000 if we are in town. It is huge, over 10,000 runners for adults and 4,000 in the kids races the day before. We almost always do a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, we had been doing one in Dana Point, it got really big too, then last year they started one in our city to raise $$$ for schools, we did it and had so much fun we signed up last week-end to do it again. The one we did about a month ago was a trail run/walk. In our area there are a lot to choose from within 50 miles all the time. Actually Angie mentioned last night that she wanted us to do a 5K through the vineyards in Temecula coming May 5...we were walking into church and never finished the conversation though. We pick up a magazine called Raceplace in the sporting goods store, it has a list of races months in advance. you can www.com them at that name for a list. We usually do two fundraiser ones too each year, one for my kid's and mine old high school to raise money for the cross-country team. The coach is a good friend of ours still from the time he coached our son and we do one for my son's college to raise money for their cross country team, Steve Scott is a friend of my son's and his ex-coach. Steve holds the record for most sub-4 minute miles I believe. He is at many of our 5K's. Sometimes it is just Angie and I and sometimes the kids go too, just depends on their schedules. Also our brother and sister in law join us from time to time.

We are closing in on the 10th anniversary first 5K I ever did. It was in August of 1997, the day after I quit :smoking: smoking :smoking: It was in San Clemente, my wife and daughter walked it with me, my son ran it (he was on the cross country team in high school) then came back and walked the last 2 miles with us! We have done many races since and have had such a great time. Angie and I even did a marathon, 26.2 miles in 2001...probably not doing that again though, too much training!

ennay
04-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I am smiling today because my long run felt GOOD

EZMONEY
04-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I am smiling :) today because it is EASTER SUNDAY and I will be heading off to service in a little bit ~

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE :easter2: :easter: :egg: :bunny: :bunny2: :easter3:

HE IS RISEN INDEED

ennay
04-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I am smiling because dd lights up like a little candle when there are surprises and the easter bunny came! Gonna get her up soon.

And it is sunny out!

alinnell
04-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Because my DD is cleaning her room!!!!!!!!!

And because I've stayed 2 days at 138 and can change my ticker!!