WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Weigh-In Results For March

mom36
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I haven't seen anyone start this thread yet, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

Last Thursday, I was down a whopping 0.2lbs! I hate losses that small. I should be used to it, but still hate it. I feel like I worked hard for nothing.

This week was better. Down 1.4lbs today. The real upside for me is that I feel like I have "cemented" my 25lb loss. It is gone and not coming back! My next big goal is to get my 50lb magnet. I just hope it doesn't take as long for the next 25lbs as it did for the first.

How about the rest of the Thursday "T"s and honorary "T"s? Let's hear from y'all!

Tammy
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Terry, I'm still working on my first 25. congrats on your loss!!! Woo hoo!!

I was down 2 pounds today which surprised me. I keep going up and down the same couple of pounds. I weighed at the morning meeting, but I'm going to go to the evening meeting because I like the leader better. I wanted to weigh before I ate a big lunch.

mom36
03-08-2007, 10:01 PM
2lbs is great, Tammy!

I know how you feel about the seesaw back and forth. That drives me nuts. (yes, it's a short drive ;) )

My first 25 took waaay longer than I wanted. I hope to do better on my second and third 25.

How about everybody else? I know you're out there! ;)

Chanty1483
03-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Congrats Tammy and Terry!! Great job ladies!

I didn't weigh in this week. Off sick yesterday didn't feel like it. I may go pop in today and jump on the scale. We'll see.

Congrats again, you guys are doing great!!

Tina
03-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Hi all,
Terry, thanks so much for starting us off this month. Wow, another month!:o

Tammy and Terry, congratulations on those losses.
I, too, have been going up and down. I'm soooooo tired of it. I'm back down to my tracker weight. Some day!!!!

Chantal, I'm sorry you've been sick. Hope you're feeling lots better today.

How did everyone else do this week???????

:flow1:

Tina
03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
How is everyone?????

I'm really ready for Thursday weigh-in. I have a good feeling about this week. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Good luck to us all.

mom36
03-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Chanty, I hope you're feeling better!

Tina, how did you do today? I hope it went well!

I lost 2.2lbs this week! :goodscale Only 0.8lbs more and I'll be down 30! :dancer: I'm going to try really hard this week. I want the weight off! NOW!

My meeting was really good. I walked in and my leader and the other women who were there (only 3 or 4, it was early) commented and how thin I looked. :o That really made me feel good. :cloud9: I can tell I've lost and have gone into smaller sizes, but the shirt I was wearing was a really flattering fit, so I can't let it go to my head. Then I would just blow the program. Can't do that!

C'mon everybody! Post your results!

kitteeglitter
03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Hello, all! I'm with y'all--last week I was down 0.8. Ugh--less than a pound is NOT motivating! BUT, today I was down 3 pounds! :D To you guys who have lost 25-30 pounds--wow! I can't wait to get there, too! The most fun is moving my little armadillo D-O-W-N. :smug:

Chanty1483
03-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Congrats Terry!! That's a great loss!

So last week I didn't weigh in at all, but I did weigh in yesterday...the result...up 2.8...I've basically been eating anything I want..and at this point am ready to throw in the towel...I don't want to change my ticker b/c that is just depressing. I don't even know anymore...

kitteeglitter
03-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Don't give up! You've lost 34 pounds already--that's a great accomplishment! Just get back on the wagon and think about what you WILL do, not what you have done! :)

mom36
03-17-2007, 08:06 PM
January 4th. That is the week I was up 2.8lbs. That was still better than November 16th when I was up 3.2lbs.

Chanty, you can't give up. You will get your resolve back. You have already lost 34lbs. If you throw in the towel and gain it back, you will just be disgusted with yourself. Take it from someone who lost 55lbs and gained that and another 20lbs back. :censored: It just makes me sick to think that if I had just held on, I would have spent the last 15 years where I want to be instead of hating my weight. :cry:

This time around, I am determined that I am going to stick with it for the long haul. In spite of the occasional gains. And there have been plenty, I am going to do it this time. And so will you!:hug:

Chanty1483
03-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Thank you Kitteeglitter and Terry for your words of encouragement. I know I am being far too hard on myself, but I just can't help it. I guess I just want better results than what I've got. It's frustrating to see that scale go up, this was my worst gain yet, I think that's why I reacted the way I did.

Thank you again for your encouragement, it's much appreciated.

Cleveland
03-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi! I'm new today on this website! Do you gals all weigh-in on Thursdays together?
I have LOTS to lose. It'll be nice to have some support from other people dealing with their own weight issues.
Keep up your good work! 2 pounds or 5 ounces - It's still a loss!

Tina
03-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Cleveland,
Welcome to the group. :hug:
We do not weigh together. Everyone goes to their own meetings or do it at home. In fact, some do not weigh-in on Thursdays anymore. But we are such a great group that we stay together.
You are on the road to healthy living. That's great!!!!

Be sure to come on over to our Thursday Chatters thread. That's where we talk about everything.
Tina

Tammy
03-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi Cleveland! Welcome to the group!! I'm from a little town near Dayton, Ohio, so we're almost neighbors!! I also have a lot to lose, but I need Tina to give me another kick to get me in gear.

As Tina said, come over to the chatters thread. We solve all the problems of the world. Well, we talk about alot anyway!!

Cleveland
03-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Wow! So I can lose weight AND solve the problems of the world. You guys are great!
I can't wait for today to be over and my first day of dieting to be in the books!

Tammy
03-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Didn't know how lucky you were going to be finding this group, did you?

Where are you in Cleveland? My cousin lives in Painesville Twp. My SIL is from Highland Heights. My roommate in college was from Cleveland Heights, and another roommate was from __________ ( I just had it and now I can't remember!!)

Cleveland
03-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Hey you guys!
I hope the Thursday weigh in goes well for everyone. I weighed myself too this morning and I underestimated how much I weigh. My husband said our scale is off my 14 pounds but I'm going to go with it anyhow til I get a new one. *sigh*

Tammy - I live in Cleveland Heights. You're almost to your goal!
Mom36 - I like all your cheerleaders!
Chanty - Hope you're feeling better.

Tammy
03-22-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm really not close to my real goal. I just set goals in 10 pound increments. After I hit 10, I'll aim for the next 10. I'm not sure how many 10's I want to lose yet. A few more though.

You don't know the Buller family from Cleveland Heights by any chance? That was my roomie's maiden name. She has 2 younger brothers. Her father just passed away recently.

mom36
03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Welcome Cleveland! :welcome3: It's good to have you! Hope you find the encouragement (or the occasional kick in the pants:kickbutt: ) you need here;) .

Chanty, I know how you feel. The scales were not good to me today. I was up 1.2lbs. I was so hoping to hit 30lbs today. I thought I stayed pretty well on program this week, but I guess not. Couldn't possibly be that "occasional" handfull of peanuts or those Chees-It Sticks, could it? :rolleyes: Well, I'll just have to buckle down and do better this week. I WANT THAT 30 POUNDS GONE!

Tammy
03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
I need to buckle down also. I didn't weigh in tonight. With vacation last week and eating right before the meeting, I couldn't stand to see the result!!

Chanty1483
03-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey Gals!

Welcome Cleveland, I'm sure you'll find yourself right at home here. These ladies are the best!!

I again wanted to say thanks for all of your support last week, it was a bad week for me. This week was better. I was down 2.8, so last week I was up 2.8 and this week I lost exactly that...hmmmm....anyway, I'm planning on starting Core next Thursday. A girlfriend of mine has been doing it for the last week and she was down 4.2 yesterday. I'm thinking I need to change it up a bit, I'm getting bored and as a result am not portioning as I used to be. So the plan is to get back to portioning until Wednesday, and then start Core on Thursday.

Thanks again for all of your support ladies!! Now I don't have to move my ticker at all...it's like it never happened...lol

Cleveland
03-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Good morning Everyone!

Hey Chantal, what is "core" that you're talking about? Good to know you're feeling better. I hope you're getting nice weather up there in Ontario!

Terry - You'll hit that 30 lb mark in no time! Hang in there! I like your weight loss time line as it is just about the same as mine.

Tammy - I am going on vacation Sunday for a week. I'll be walking around a lot so it's the meals I have to remember to be good.

Tina
03-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi all,
I'm soooooo excited this week. I've lost .6 lb. below what my tracker says. I've been going up and down for weeks. Finally, I'm continuing in the right direction.
Next week I'll be able to move that tracker!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Chantal, I'm so glad you feel better. We are always here for you.:hug:
Tammy, getting back to exercising will help jump start your metabolism again.
Terry, you're going to break out any day now!
Cleveland, you asked about the Core Plan. I'm quoting from the Week 1 booklet, "Core Plan controls calories by focusing your eating on a core list of wholesome, nutritious foods without tracking. The list is comprised of food from all the food groups."
Everyone have a great weekend.

Chanty1483
03-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Cleveland, the weather is alright here. It's kinda cloudy, but mild. I guess I do not need to give you the definition of the Core plan now (thanks Tina!) but it's basically an all-around nutritious diet. It may be hard for me to give up things like bread, but I can always use my flex pts. I love the idea of not having to count milk and yogurt though..and cheese..yummy yummy cheese. Anyway we'll see how it goes, I'm starting next Thursday.

I've been too hard on myself. It took me two full weeks to gain 2.8 lbs, and it took one week to get it off, so I need to start focusing on the positive and stop looking at myself as a failure. Oh Oh and I joined a gym!! It's a brand new all women gym, but it won't be open until May 1st, I'm hoping by then I'll be so motovated I'll be banging down the door...we'll see.

Tina, congrats!! You'll be moving that tracker in no time!

Terry, I completely understand where you are coming from. It took me weeks to break 30 lbs. What I mean by that is I was at a total of 27 lbs. lost before Christmas, then I gained back 3 lbs. over Christmas, it was up and down from there. I just broke 30 lbs. about a month ago. Ever since Christmas it's been slow going for me. That's why I want to switch programs, shake it up a bit! You're doing great, keep it up!!

kitteeglitter
03-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Hello all! Welcome, Cleveland, and "YAY" for Chanty! :D

I was UP .4 this week, but I have been eating WAY off plan. But, I have been exercising, so I think that helps! (Turbo Jam RULES!) Here we go again--back on the wagon!

Tina
03-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Don't worry, Kitty,
You'll do better next time! ;)

Tammy
03-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Cleveland, I hope you are having a wonderful time on your vacation!!

Tina, good for you on getting below the tracker!!! Woo hoo!!! I did alot of walking this weekend, so I feel like I might be back on track. I hope.

I said once before I might try Core, maybe it's time to give it a shot.

Tammy
03-27-2007, 12:09 PM
So much for Core today. I ate Kashi cereal for breakfast. I don't think that's Core. I also used 2% milk. I told Bob that I'm not eating until after weigh in on Thursday because I want to lose a pound.

Tina
03-27-2007, 02:18 PM
2% milk is a "no, no" in our house. Whenever David comes for breakfast on the weekend, I have to run to the store and get him some.
Tammy, eat lots of rabbit food until weigh-in. lol

I had a dental appt. today.....not my favorite thing in the world. He couldn't find anything wrong and I didn't have to pay!!!!! Now, that's a good visit.

How is everyone doing?????

I'm going to be extremely busy for the rest of the week.

Beach Babe
03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi all!

I'm new to this board but wanted to join in here since I weigh in on Thursdays.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Tammy
03-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Tina, that was good news at the dentist!!

Welcome to Beach Babe!!! We also have a Chatters Thread, so come on over and help us solve all of the problems in the world!!

mom36
03-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Well, March is almost behind us. :yay: How did everyone do on their last weigh-in of the month?

I was amazed by the scale at weigh-in.:goodscale I was down 3.8lbs for the week! :cheer2: I made my 30lb goal and a little extra. If I can just keep the momentum going, I might be able to hit my goal weight by the end of the year. It's the keeping the momentum going though, that gives me a hard time.

Tina, how did you do that? I never get out of the dentist office unscathed!

Beach Babe, welcome! :wel3fc: We're glad to have you here. I hope we are able to help. How did you come by the name "Beach Babe"? Please don't tell me you actually live at the beach?

Tammy, I thought I was going to try to do core when I started. However, since I really don't like veggies :barf: , it just didn't work out.

Cleveland, I hope you are having a great time.:beach:

Chanty, ease up on yourself. :hug: We all go through times when we just can't stick with it. Sometimes I feel like I have more weeks that I gain than weeks that I lose.

Kittee, how did you do this week?

Come on everyone, Check In!

Beach Babe
03-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Beach Babe, welcome! :wel3fc: We're glad to have you here. I hope we are able to help. How did you come by the name "Beach Babe"? Please don't tell me you actually live at the beach?

Thank you! Actually the name Beach Babe just came to me rather suddenly. On all the other message boards I frequent my user name is totally boring. Usually some version of my name and wedding date.

I don't live on the beach but I do live near it. I do spend a fair amount of time in a bathing suit because hubby and I tend to go to Key West or on mini 3-day cruises a fair amount. However, at this time I loathe the beach. It's full of super skinny half naked women struttin their stuff around. I am totally self concious. However, my goal is to one day become one of those "Beach Babes" and thought that if I started calling myself it now, it would help me to achieve it.

Today's weigh in showed a 0 loss. However even though I weighed myself last Thursday, I didn't really start my diet until a couple of days ago so wasn't surprised to not see a loss.

Hope everyone did well.

Tina
03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi all,
Beach Babe, welcome to the group. :beach:
We love the beach, too.

Terry,:congrat: :congrat: :congrat: on making your 30 lb. goal. That is awesome!!!

Tammy, how are you doing?
Kitty, Cleveland, Chantal, everyone else....please post when you can.

I'm going to weigh tomorrow so I don't have any news yet.

mom36
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Oh Beach Babe! I am so jealous! I wish I was anywhere close to the beach. We are outside of Atlanta, so a long (too long!) drive to any beach. I do know how you feel about being around all those "stick people", though. But, I finally decided that I don't care what anyone else thinks. They don't have to look! I just love laying on the sand, listening to the waves and feeling the breeze of the ocean while drinking something cold and reading a good book. Boy, do I need a vacation!

Don't worry about that loss, it will happen!

Tina, thanks for the congrats! Let us know how you did.

Tammy
03-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Terry, congrats on that loss! That is super!! HEY! We were just in Georgia, and I didn't wave at you! I forgot that's where you lived. We were at Jekyll Island.
I didn't weigh tonight. I am crampy and bloated, so I didn't want to see the result. I'll weigh next week.

Chanty1483
03-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Terry, congrats on your loss that's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Beach Babe!!!

I'm feeling much better this week. I think I got my motovation back!

I was down 1.4 yesterday. I also successfully made it through my first day on Core. The big test will be next Thursday. I'm completely committing myself to Core this week. Wish me luck!

Tammy
03-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Chantal, good luck on Core!!
How is everyone else doing?

mom36
03-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Chanty, I'm glad you had a great week!:cheer2: That is a great loss! Good luck on core! :goodluck:

Tammy, you went to Jekyll without me? :cry: I love Jekyll! We went there a couple of years ago and stayed at the campground. The beaches are uncrowded, you can ride bikes all over the island. The only complaint we had was that they are a little low on restaurants. But, I can drive off island for a restaurant if it means I get to have such a relaxing stay at the beach. The next year we went to Myrtle (Beach, SC) and the difference was like night and day. Crowds on top of crowds. I could be branded a traitor since I grew up in South Carolina and spent many summers at Myrtle, but I much prefer Jekyll. (Did I mention I need a vacation? ;) )

Tina
03-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Chanty, great news. I knew you could do it!!!!!

I forgot to weigh this morning. Oops. Maybe that was my mind telling me not to do it. ;) I do have water retention today.
I had to take my mother to the cardiologist and we had an early appointment. That's my reason and I'm going to stick with it. :D

Tina
04-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Do not post here anymore!

Tammy started an April weigh-in thread. Go there to post.