SBD Frequently Asked Questions - Are you Exercising?

View Full Version : Are you Exercising?

fishbulb
03-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I am following the food plan on Phase II (week 1). I walk and sometimes jog, but not very often. Is there any recommendations for exercising? What's better, cardio or strength? What are some things you chicks are doing? Any suggestions?:strong:

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I can't answer all of your questions, I can only tell you what's working for me.

My first 5 weeks (ish) of SB I didn't exercise, or only once a week. I lost 6lbs, 3lbs (both Phase I), 0lbs, 1lb, 0lb. Then I started exercising, and even though I was eating more whole grains and fruit, I lost 2lbs, 1lb, 2lbs. It's helped me a LOT, and I really enjoy it. My program is basically 3-5 times a week, at least a half hour of cardio, and I'm just starting to add in weight training. Eventually, I want to do more, but I don't want to push myself over the edge and quit, KWIM?

AdiaFaith
03-09-2007, 10:13 AM
I started back into exercising really slowly. Started at Curves in November. My mom and I would go 4 days a week and go three times around the circuit. That got us through the holidays.

Once January hit I started taking a step aerobics class in gym for college. Great fun!

February I added in the YMCA. Here I do the elliptical machine, run around the track, use the nautilus weight system, and finally use their mats for abs and push-ups.

My friend and I try to play racquetball on Sundays.

It's March and I'm still going strong! I think the slow additions really helped.

amasam
03-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I try to use the elliptical 4 - 5 days a week for 30 minutes. Sometimes a little less. I then try to do weights, stretching ab stuff for 10 - 20 minutes. Recently I have added in some days of yoga - some routines are an amazing workout!

At work we are currently doing a "step challenge". The elliptical gets me half of my daily steps, so this week I chose to 10 minutes on the elliptical an off day or I walked around the mall, to the bank etc, to help get the recommended steps.

I am getting a bit bored and with nicer weather I may make it to the gym and add in more variety or even get outside and walk to keep it interesting.

I did improve my excersice (I was attempting it before, but could easily be talked out of it!) when I started the diet, because I was doing both as a result of doctor's orders for less than ideal blood work results. In my head I knew I would need both to improve the results and I also understood that both would be important in the long run to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Ally