Old 03-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Brand new, from Canada.

Hello everyone, I have been reading and not joining in for a while now...I guess I'm ready, finally. I recently came to terms with the fact that I am an obese woman, and that that 'category' means that I am at risk for some scary health complications. My body mass index is 44...which I interpret to mean that I'm almost 50% pure fat...whether or not this is true it makes me feel gross. I know that I have to lose weight, but I'm 38, inactive and its just easier to eat than to diet. All I think about is food...that I shouldn't eat certain things, shouldn't eat so much, shouldn't crave, shouldn't give in. I'm at my all time high and getting higher every day. Remember that woman and "stop the insanity"!? Well, where is she when I need her! I have tried WW, Herbal Magic, dexatrim, Scarsdale, but it all comes back to pigging out and not being able to stay on the plans. I think I want it, weight-loss, but I am so self destructive I can't possibly want it enough.
karwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

There is a thread for Canadians come join us> I am Jennifer I live in new brunswick. here's the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106341 now get your but over there with us lol

Sorry I realized I forgot to say welcome how rude of me.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Karwie, welcome to 3 fat chicks! You are not alone ~ that is the first thing that you need to know. It also helps to have a support system and that is why we are here, we all need and give each other support. Some of us have better days than others but we are here because of our struggles.

Think of this as a lifestyle change, people are always going off of diets and screwing up ~ but this way it is a permanent change. It is much harder to give up on yourself that way.

Come and join us on the daily thread. We start one everyday and we are there for you.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/168.5/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome, I'm pretty new here too and everyone so far has been really nice and supportive. I have found by just being online reading and posting I am not snacking in the afternoon like usual so that is a good thing. If you need motivation this is the place to be.
lpgoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #5  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hi Karwie!!
I'm from Saskatoon so I hope the weather there is as good as it is here today!!
I just wanted to tell you how nice everyone here is, and we as Canadians are supposed to love that stuff. lol
It sounds as though you are a little down, but I think the first and most positive step is looking for and finding support! The fact you're here and checking things out is wonderful!
I think everyone here knows how hard it can be to get a start on this journey so I'm sure you'll find loads of like-minded individuals here.
Take Care!!
Tammy
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote