Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 09:57 PM   #1  

Default 12 Week Challenge - Week # 8 Oct 29 - Nov 4

Hey there Challengettes

Just a short note to Start this week off...

I'm feeling at a low ebb energy-wise and wondering what to do to get rev'd up? What do you guys do? Both regarding food and exercise?

So how did Halloween go for you all?

UPDATE:
I've finally started to meditate. Overwhelming stress is getting to me and sapping me of energy. I find if I medidate both morning and afternoon, I can get back to center and be more a bit more energized.

I want to get back to eating fruits. Veggies are no problem, and I'm ok in the protein dept. Like Seasaw carbs are my nemesis.

Last edited by patch30; 11-02-2001 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2001, 07:37 AM   #2  

Hi Patch. Good topic.

My energy level is down too, and I know why. Poor food choices and less variety than usual (i.e. veggies). I was sick for a few weeks and then out of town for another, so my eating habits took a bit of a nose-dive. Then I used Hallowe'en as an excuse to gorge myself on chocolate and the like.

What I intend to do starting right now is to cut back on breads (a comfort food for me) and get back to veggies, fruit, yogurt, etc. That and exercise will likely do the trick. Although I must admit having to literally push myself out the door to run because of the time of year - constant darkness it seems. It always takes a while to adjust to that reality!

Happily, I was down 1.8 lbs at my last weigh-in.My very modest goal is to be down another pound or so by the end of November, instead of my usual bounce upward.
Old 11-02-2001, 04:00 PM   #3  

Hey there Seasaw and all you guys.

First of all, Seasaw...major congrats on the 1.8 loss. That's just great news!

And, boy do I know what its like exercising in the dark. The shift this past weekend helped - but not totally. The only day I really push myself to get out early am is Thurs. And the only reason I do that is that I have a friend who meets me at 6:15am.

I've been using stress as an excuse to first not eat at breakfast or lunch, and then overeat at dinner time. Not healthy, but I'm trying to get back on track today. Where did this week go???

M -- 23 (banked 2 and earned 5 activities)
TU - 25
W -- 30 - 5 = 25
TH - 15 (not taking care of myself) banked / 7 earned 2 activity
F --- 23
SA -- 25 (did a major racewalk 10 miles - earned 10 points)
SU -- 37 - 12 = 25

How are you all doing?

Last edited by patch30; 11-05-2001 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2001, 07:27 PM   #4  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Patch, it must be the season or something. I am totally drained and overwhelmed too. The meditation should help. I try to do some yoga including meditation at least during the week. Weekends other things get in the way. It is hard to do with a full house. Otherwise I think what you have to do is know what you need to do to stay OP and just do it whether you feel like it or not. I have a set schedule for exercise which I stick to as if it is business appointments. I don't allow myself any excuses. Otherwise I would never keep it up. As far as eating, journaling is the only way. Sharing my journal on these boards and elsewhere keeps me honest whether I feel motivated or not.
Old 11-04-2001, 09:25 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I, too, think it's the time of year when we're fighting off the urge to hibernate. Energy-wise I've been at a all-time low but I find that if I force myself to get moving, i.e. walking, I feel much better. It's the time of year when I start stressing about the upcoming holiday season and tend to get overwhelmed and rather than deal with it my body goes into shutdown mode. Anyway, the best way to deal with it for me is to get down to business, get out and walk, make lots of lists, and make sure I get a variety of different foods. One department I need to work on is making sure I get my veggies in. I steer clear of fruits because they seem to trigger me to eat more so rather than fight with it I skip them.

Halloween went well and I was able to stay on track.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:35 PM   #6  

Thanks Myra, Melissa and Seasaw...

Myra.. boy do I agree with ya. If it wasn't for the track workouts on Mondays, meeting a friend for a 45min walk Thurs, and the Sat. "runs". - e.g. left to my own devices I'd be a slug. Every other day, is "open" and chances are I avoid it. Also thanks for bringing up the journal. I've been quite remiss, can't seem to find the time without spending way too much time on these boards. But journaling really works. Even if I don't post it I'm going to commit to writing in the spiral notebook.

Just came back from a WW meeting and I don't know what's gong on!!! I lost another 2 lbs . This cannot be real - at least according to what I've been eating. Way too much junk.

I really want to keep to the low end this week, since my hubby and I are celebrating our 3rd year anniversary this weekend and I want to be able to indulge a bit. Keep you posted.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:54 AM   #7  
Lifetimer

Here is my week. It was a very stressful one but I managed to control the points through pure willpower. I'll let you know Wed. nite how I do at the WI.

Mon 20
Tue 24
Wed 25
Thur 23
Fri 26
Sat 22
Sun 24

Range: 20-25
Old 11-06-2001, 05:00 PM   #8  

Rootin' for ya Myra and all you guys.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:32 AM   #9  

Here are my numbers for the past week - mind you, I am experimenting with the "maintenance mode"

Wed: 27
Thur: 26
Fri: 30
Sat: 33
Sun:?
Mon: 26
Tues: 30
Old 11-07-2001, 03:02 PM   #10  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Here are my points for the past week:

Wed: 21
Thu: 25
Fri: 25
Sat: 27
Sun: 19.5
Mon: 20
Tue: 24

Weighed in with a 1# gain bringing me to 144# which is the top of my goal weight... Yikes! I need to really focus this upcoming week.

Hope everyone else posts a loss
Old 11-07-2001, 05:09 PM   #11  
si, si signora

oh, low energy is a good topic. I think its partially the lack of daylight. Definitely more of a problem for those of us who live in the Northern areas and its a homing/nesting time for many of us. We have gone through so much this year- be it personal or globally.

I haven't really experienced low energy yet this season, but I have had trouble dealing with stress. Exercising is helping and so is just calming down and taking 5 minutes off to pet the dog or discuss Marcel Proust with the cat.

So, good luck w/everyone's wi. I am hoping to wi tomorrow, but since my car is going in for a check up, it may have to wait until Saturday. Maybe I can get DP to let me pop in on our way to work, I really don't want to wait longer than I have too.
Old 11-07-2001, 07:11 PM   #12  
Lifetimer

I'm bummed. I thought it was a good week, but I gained .4. I know that's not much, but it is a gain. It just feels like everything is going against me. Could you believe that some people I do work for mislaid an invoice for a huge check they owe me. I don't know how I'm going to pay bills and forget celebrating my anniversary Monday. Still, I am determined to turn it around next week and lose that half lb. plus some.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:46 PM   #13  

Well, ladies, I somehow posted a 1.2 pound loss tonight. Although I am offcially in the "maintenance mode," it was still a great feeling. Makes me feel that I can really eat more and not gain weight!

Myra - don't worry about the small gain - just keep doing what you're doing & I'm sure your efforts will show up next week. I've often found that the scale can sometime be a week behind what I've done.

Melissa - good for you to weigh in even when you didn't feel like it. Maybe the Breaking Through booklet will be just what you need to shake things up a bit.

lala -good luck on your weigh in, too.

Weigh in 11/7/01: 142.2
Old 11-08-2001, 04:04 AM   #14  
Lifetimer

Katie, great loss. It puts you right where you want to be. Congrats.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:07 PM   #15  
si, si signora

oh my goodness, it was not pretty, up 1 lb from my trip, but as I said before, "its probably water, TOM, etc..." However, its also a combo of no real exercise and more food for four days.

However, as my pal melissa would say: time to take the hit and move on, so ooof, that hurt.

congrats to our losers! way to go and myra, I count you in that group, you are amazing with your steady loss, this is a blip in the path of weight loss.

okay, that is all.

lala
Closed Thread