Old 03-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #1  
twinkletwinkle1

Default I feel like a loser!

Last edited by twinkletwinkle1; 03-26-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #2  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Are you happy with your body at 180? If so, maybe thats the weight thats best for you. Just a thought
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #3  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Wonnie, give us an example of a day or two of how you HAVE been eating...maybe we'll have suggestions about how to still get in some "treats" (I put them in quotes 'cause they'll still be OP), or some easy ways to revamp your eating so you can get back on track. The folks here are bound to have some ideas to help!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

It is time to start some new goals such as clothing sizes to look forward too. Also, start celebrating the small stuff. Reward your efforts in non food ways such as a cute new top ater 10 lbs lost, a pedicure after 20 lbs lost, all new makeup after 25 lbs lost, etc. You can do this, you have come a long way already!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Wow, your average loss at 3 lbs/week is really good. No wonder you are feeling let down now. I usually hang around 1.75 #/week average. You have been doing really well - can you look through your old journals and go back to what worked before?

I honestly can say that what you are going through is not unusual - I think that most of us have had periods of time when it feels like we are struggling to lose that same 2 pounds that have been dogging us. If you hang in there, it will come off. Plus, with the added muscle from working out, your metabolism will help burn off a few more.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #6  
Kelli

S/C/G: 187/136.8/128

Height: 5'3

Id say just dont buy those things...stop, breathe, it all counts. Repeat over and over, it all counts, it all counts. Keep breathing. Ive heard this can really be effective. Good luck!
mamabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/174/165

hi there

I feel your pain, i am on a similar plan (I think) it is called Quick Weight Loss Center they're here in TX. and anyway I too only have a few weeks left and I cant kick it in gear. I get back on track and then I have a craving or I see the food in the pantry and eat it! We just need to remember why we started in the beginning and why we dont want to ever go back there again. I have gained about 10 pounds myself and stopped going to check in to the center, But today is a brand new day and time to learn from my past mistakes. You can do it. Hang in there!
mommyof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #8  
twinkletwinkle1

Thanks everybody!!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #9  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Hey Wonnie, Just some observations about your on-track menu - it looks like you're eating really lightly for most of the day, as if you're saving up your exchanges for the evening hours. Instead of the LF yogurt for breakfast, use that Dairy for some cheese or milk and add some cereal to it. Or have a slice of lite bread with some peanut butter on it...I think if you get something with substance in your stomach in the morning, you might have a better rest of the day, you know?
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #10  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I think having some protein each meal helps too. It will help keep you satisfied longer.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #11  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Woonie,

I've been holding steady on the scale for almost 12 weeks! Dropping and gaining the same 2 pounds without fail! I'm also on Red, I also work out an hour a day most days. In the first 3 weeks on program I dropped 12 pounds!

I went to the COD with a smile on my face and left with a smile on my face today.
Why? Inches! Inches! Inches!
Working out means putting on muscle, muscle weighs double what fat weighs. According to the scale I've lost 14.5 pounds, but I look like I've lost 30 something. I'm lucky in the sense that I have supportive COD managers who both lost massive weight on program so they understand what I'm going through. Instead of telling me to redo my whole diet (believe me I've tried to convince them I need to go down to gold, they refuse to budge ) they reworked with me to set goal for when I get my waist to the size I want. Which as of today is less than an inch away. Have your trainer measure your body fat, I'm sure it's a lot lower than what you started at.

As for the eating, I do 6 mini meals a day with only the last one of the night not containing any protein. On a typical day my meal breakdown is something like this:
  1. 1/2 P, F, S
  2. Lite, D or F
  3. P, 2 Vs
  4. Lite, F or D
  5. P, 2Vs, S
  6. F,S

I add the fat in where it seems to fit best, some days it's with lunch, some dyas it's shredded coconut worked in with the Dairy. If you notice I break my exchanges up so I never eat anything on it's own. I leave for work at 5 am, so you can just imagine how tough it is to eat breakfast most mornings.

Hang in there, keep your head up, and just remember how much healthier and smaller you are!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #12  
twinkletwinkle1

Thank you guys for all your responses. I stayed OP all yesterday. 1 day down, the rest of my life to go. I wish was all luck and continued success.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #13  

I thought I might interject one last thing on this thread - Since the LAWL law suit in WA and whereever else - they can't have their service guarantee be based on consumption of Lites. My contract reads in bold near the top that if i don't reach my goal weight at the end of phase one, then each week after my target date until i do lose the weight is free. Bring that into your COD and see what they say. I'm sure they will start finding creative ways to help you lose the pounds to your goal weight. Though many may not be a fan of this idea - you might want to change your workout plan to mostly cardio, and less weight lifting, until you are at a weight that works better for your mind. Don't get me wrong - muscle mass is way better for your body, but with weight loss i've always found more reps is better than additional weights. Get toned at the weight you want to be at, rather than building the muscle mass and having a hard time getting to your goal weight.
Good luck and hope this helps!! PS - try doing a Take Off to help curb the cravings... many have said it works, and you jump start your weight loss again!
Unmei79 is offline   Reply With Quote