Old 03-06-2007, 05:25 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something Chat: Tuesday Mar 6th

I'm SO sleepy these days and SO sore. *groans* I think I'm getting old and I'm not sure I like this one bit. :P

So, from a fitness point of view, I think I'm not doing too badly. Been walking at lunch hour at work and even went for a 2 hour (round trip) hike this past weekend. I've also managed to convince myself that I need a Nintendo Wii. Yep - video games to make you fit. It's been 3 days since I "played" Tennis for almost 5 hours and my arm is STILL sore. :P

The Salsa lessons that DW and I took last night are challenging, as previously mentioned, and we haven't even had a chance to practise. It was when I realized this that I thought "okay, I've got too much on the go" and decided to pull back on the stuff I'm trying to cram into my evenings. It's just wiping me out. So Tai Chi is put temporally on hold until I feel that I can handle more "up time" without sacrificing "down time".

So, while I'm feeling kinda good about the exercise I'm getting - it's not had an affect on my weight. PROBABLY because my eating habits have gone down the tubes. I exercise and it makes me hungry. And then I go and find something BAD that's in the house....and there's plenty of that these days. My wife, being a chocoholic, loves Easter Time. Oh well...just keep up with the exercise and I'm sure that everything will fall into place, right?

Take care everyone. Stay strong & stay on program!

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

RX: At least your moving, although I don't think 5 hrs on a game is very good. Tell your DW to hide the chocolate. I know I've hidden my Girl Scout Cookies from my dad (he's diabetic).

GG: the GRE is for anyone going for their masters, where as the GMAT is specificly for the MBA program. There is also the LSAT and one other one for medical (but you probably know that). Oh and congrats on passing the fast food joints!

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

Hey, go figure, I actually had some work to do this AM! And now I'm done...probably for the day. Actually, I have a report to do, but the system is down until around noon. That'll occupy another 20 minutes or so.

I made some pancakes for dinner last night. Used regular pancake mix, and was going to just top them with cottage cheese like I usually do, because I think it's really yummy, but then I decided to blend some up in the Bullet and see how they turned out. So I put about a cup of cottage cheese in the Bullet, added a dash of vanilla and blended it, then mixed it with the pancake mix I had already mixed and made them. They took a little longer to cook, but yum, they were good! Definitely a keeper, even though I still like them with cottage cheese on top.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #4  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Somebody in the staff room made this yummy hazelnut coffee and I gotta tell ya, it makes my morning!
I actually did manage to drink two litres of water yesterday and I have my trusty giant waterbottle beside the desk.
Goals today:
Drink another 2 litres of water
Actually get a goal in soccer tonight.

Okay so I am a little obsessed with all these weight loss shows on television. I haven't had cable television in years so I'm going overboard on TV a little. Anyways, I was watching the biggest loser when it dawns on me that maybe it's not sending out the most accurate and healthiest message. I mean I love that people want to change their lifestyles, but I wonder how realistic the show is that these folks have a ranch and trainers and a fancypants gym at their disposal. It also shows them losing ten pounds a week and you see all these physical changes on them in the space of an hour each week.
I just wonder if it isn't a bit discouraging for those who don't know how long these things take to happen. Am I ranting? Any thoughts?

Oh also; can anyone tell me how to put at ticker thing on my posts? I think that would be cool.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #5  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppennington View Post
RX: At least your moving, although I don't think 5 hrs on a game is very good.
*grins* You've obviously never played a Wii before. To play Tennis, you actually have to swing the controller pretty much the same way as a tennis racket. I'm STILL got the sore shoulder from the game.

Last night I played 9 holes of golf. Same deal - swing the controller like a golf club to play. Of course, my score (78 over par) indicates how great I play golf.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning!

I was one lucky lady today. Both of my kids slept-in so I got some extra sleep today! Whoooohooooo!! It felt awesome. We even went to bed early last night so I'm good in the sleep dept today. That doesn't happen too often anymore.

We did get some good news on our electrical inspection last night. A month or so ago we had an independent electrician, who also happens to be an inpsector, come in to look things over to make sure we were ok. The insp from yesterday said that if the first guy will sign off on it so will he. First guy will so we will be OK with the electrical! YIPPEEE. Otherwise we were going to have to have the ceiling torn out so they could see the wiring.

Zephyr: (BTW, are you a west wind or a gentle breeze?) That sounds like a fun game. My DS would never let me play tho. He would be constantly saying "Let me try".

Green: I agree with you. I could loose tons of wt if I had a personal trainer, a gym and a cook at my disposal! And could exercise for hours at a time. If you click on USER CP at the top of the page it will take you to the place where you can see your inormation and change things. Click on EDIT SIGNATURE. There are instructions there for the ticker.

Lauren: I'm sorry, but that sounds SO gross. I hate cottage cheese, but even if I didn't I can imagine mixing those two textures. Hope you are able to stay busy today.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello All!

Ok kids... I need help! I had a really bad food day yesterday and *intended* on starting today off on the right food. It all went to **** in a handbasket by the time 9:00 a.m. rolled around... I won't go into the details... So, here I am eating bad and feeling bad. I MUST get back on track. Reading your notes is always so encouraging...

Lisa ~ you mentioned Girl Scout cookies in your e-mail again... I'm still wondering why mine haven't been delivered;-).

RX ~ you are definitely on the right track. Exercise is HUGE. Give yourself credit for making the effort to work it in your daily schedule.

Green ~ you are dead on about those t.v. shows. Completely unrealtistic. Makes me wonder what happens to those people after the show ends. The changes are so drastic in a relatively short amount of time. What they're doing sounds super unhealthy. Keep up the water drinking!

Karen K ~yippee on the extra sleep *and* the inspection news. What a good feeling that must be. We had plans made up a year ago to add on to our house. It was looking to be such a huge hassle (not to mention expense) that we decided to wait and year to see how we felt about it. We listed our house last week. Moving sounds a whole lot easier.

Lauren ~ as my son says, "what the?" I love pancakes and cottage cheese but the thought of combining the two... Ick.

So, I need a big kick in the pants to get my fanny moving!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, Karen, is it a texture thing on the cottage cheese, or just the flavor? Because when I blended it in the bullet, it was as smooth as the pancake batter...no joke!

Joan, if you love them both, you HAVE to try them together!! I have been eating them this way since my mom gave them to me as a kid. I usually make a big, thinnish pancake then roll up some cottage cheese inside it, like a crepe. Top it with some syrup...yum!!

And for all that need it:
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/255/200 for now

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,
It's starting to warm up here finally!! We had just about 2 full weeks of -40 below brrrrrr makes it hard to get out and do anything and no energy.
My exercising has suffered i usually walk or try to anyway every day but it's been too cold. BF has been suggesting going to a gym but really am too uncomfortable with the way that i look. Maybe I am just being foolish.
Anyhow hope all of yous are doing well. I must go back to work will try and get back here later tammy
WamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Hello my Chicas!!

Nope I didn't make it out to exercise yesterday. I am hoping to get out today for a walk. It is a wonderful 69 outside. Lost one pound today I had a friend offer me some of her smaller clothes that don't fit her. I am not sure I am small enough to fit them yet but that sure will be a good motivation for me. She is a clothes horse with lost of money. She gave me a brand new pair of Tony Lama boots that she never wore. I love friends like that. I hope everyone is having a good day!!
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #11  
Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenK
are you a west wind or a gentle breeze?
Hmmm....I've never been asked. How about a gentle west breeze which has moments when he huffs and puffs to a wind?

My co-workers always tell me I'm full of hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenK
That sounds like a fun game. My DS would never let me play tho. He would be constantly saying "Let me try".
*grins* It supports up to 4 remotes for 4 player games, so that shouldn't be a problem at all! You could play tennis together or some of the other crazy games, like fishing or (a personal favorite) cow racing.

Of course, there's nothing like playing doubles tennis with 4 players, which I did at a Friend's house....in a BIG room so no one got black eyes!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #12  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Height: 4'11"

Hey girlies! Wow, every one is very talkative today! That is great. It's super to see everyone chatting! I can't thank you enough for all the words of encouragment yesterday. It got me through a really tough day. I ate well yesterday, didn't find the time to exercise, but I didn't hardly sit down yesterday either.

I got home, and since we're in the middle of remodeling DS's nursery, our house is a DISASTER! I finally reached that breaking point where I just couldn't handle it anymore. I played with DS for a little while and then went into **** cleaning lady mode. I did 2 loads of dishes, 4 loads of laundry, picked up everything, dusted, vaccumed, swept, and mopped. The only thing left to do is clean the bathroom. Whew! It might not have been "exercise" in the literal sense, but I was definitely up and moving.

No exercise today. We have open house at my school which means I'll have just enough time to run to town after school to get something to eat then come back, change into my fancies, and shake hands and grin at a bunch of parents, who could really care less what their kids do in music class. Can you tell I'm really not into the whole open house thing and I'd really rather be at home with my DS since I'm already away from him all day every day. Tonight I won't get home until 8:00 at the earliest, which is DS's bath/bed time. Fun huh?

Well, you gals have a great day!
4me4ben4will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

hello everyone.

been gone for a couple of days now. just been too tired to turn the computer on. plus once I turn i t on, I have no self-control to turn it off and get some sleep. Same with the TV. Should use some of this time to exercise, but I just HATE it. I am going to take my darn bike to the shop and get it fixed in order to ride it. I moved here for a reason: to re-invent and re-discover myself.

Lauren, in answer to your question, my DH is back in Phoenix, AZ to sell our house. I had a job I needed to start (before I lost it) in St Louis, MO. So that is where I am. Separated by 1600 miles. Hopefully, he will call the realestate agent this week to get the house listed. He has it all packed now, but he's been very sick (flu) this past week. I just hope the market has improved.

RX - looked into getting the Wii, but I heard the controlers were prone to breakage and I am very clumsy. Any problems you've encountered? Sounds like some good exercise!

On a personal note, I have been a very naughty girl with my eating. Just love the comfort foods...mac n cheese potatos and cheese......anything with cheese! But tomorrow is another day and I will just have to start again. That should be my slogan On my gravestone it will say "She'll start again, tomorrow!"

Will check back later on.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Green, actually Biggest Loser is very healthy other than the fact that they exersize for like 6 to 8 hrs a day. The diatitians work with the families of the contestants and the contestants themselves.

Okay, off to do something productive.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #15  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!
WamTam - I totally know what you mean about joining a gym. For me it was the HARDEST thing in the world to do. I kept thinking there would be sleek be-muscled fitness gurus staring and sneering at me. haha(forgive my overblown imagination) As it turned out there was maybe one out of the ten there who even looked like they knew what they were doing, and he smiled and said hello.
Anyways, you're not being foolish, I can completely empathize.

Have a great evening everyone! I'm going to go home and get some food into me.
G'd'evenin'
Tam
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote