Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies....#15

Sherry
03-05-2007, 08:47 PM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/cat

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
03-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Hello :wave:

I've been so busy! Working then going to the hospital. MIL surgery went well until her heart started giving her problems.She's been in ICU since surgery on Friday. We are also taking FIL to hopital,back home,doing his meds,cleaning house & cooking.

I'll try to catch up some on all the posts:

Amy,
Congrats on being asked to the prom! That really brought back memories! I had so much fun! Have you picked out a dress yet? Or decided on a color? What time is your curfew?

Janice,
How are you sweetie? Still got all that snow? We really wanted a big one here but never got it :( It was up to the high 60's today! Guess spring really is just around the corner!

Cheryl,
Are you ok? I'm worried about you because when I was reading the threads catching up, yours didn't sound like you. We're all here for you no matter what!!

Gayle,
Did I tell you how proud I am of you and your new business? YOU GO GIRL!! What name did you decide on? I'm so happy that you are leaving the store. I knew it would be too much! Do you love doing the hair there? I really miss "talking" to you! How's my little Allison?

Shelley,
I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. Will she go to rehab after she leaves the hospital? I know my MIL will. That was so sad to hear about the teachers Mom. She will be in my prayers. We think we have it rough until we hear about others life. Bless her heart. How's Mike? Are your DD on spring break yet? The colleges here are but the school won't be out until the week of March 18th. When's yours?

Alinnell,
The owner of the shop will be in my prayers. I feel so sorry for her DD. May nothing but good things come to her. Has anyone in the community tried to raise money for her so she won't have to sell her house?

Lynne,
Is the work load still hectic? Don't forget to take some rest time for LYNNE!!

Does anyone know when Dee gets back? I thought she was going to try to post on her trip (?) I really miss her!

Has anyone heard from Doni,Ramona or Vicki? I miss them all so much.

Hello to anyone I missed. My mind is so tired!!

Also....Congrats to all the losers!! :cp: May you keep on loosing!!

gdeann
03-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Dee said she was going to post, but I bet she found her a toy boy to play with! LOL!

Sherry: It is Gayle's Sterling Shears since it is in the Alterra Sterling house facility. I love doing hair, plus I am enjoying my clientele. I sent out last months billing and everyone paid within a few weeks. That was the deciding factor in giving my notice to the liquor store. I have this last week there at the store, then I am done, finished!! LOL! Little Allison is hardly little anymore, she turned 8 in December and is growing like a weed.

ShelleyM
03-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Sherry-I like your intro...

Such sadness on the board. Prayers to all. It was indeed very sad at school yesterday. None of the kids were told because of FCAT. The principal doesn't want it to affect their test scores.

MIL will probably go to rehab for a week. She looked even worse than she normally does:) She has been very sick from the meds and hasn't been able to eat. They were finally able to get her out of the bed into a chair while I was there. She ate some soup. Even in her foggy limpness she can say just the wrong thing. I am still thanking G-d my SIL is here!!

Ladies-Please remember. When you are walking in a parking lot, always put your purse on the arm nearest the parked cars. That way a snatcher can't drive by and pull it.

SuzyMc
03-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Sorry to be MIA for so long, but life gets in the way sometimes...I'll try to catch up with everyone soon!

For now here is a bit of good news from my side of the world...
I just talked to may daughter-in-law and Travis got his new orders yesterday. He is going to be reporting May 14 to do PMO at the airstation at Camp Pendleton! In essence that is base police and means no deployments this term! :D

He leaves Iraq between the 6th and 8th of April...just 33 more days! :yay:

Lynneye
03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Suzy, so thrilled to hear about Travis!

Things here are still very crazy! Rob is sick, sore throat and a cold, but for a mailman, he is miserable with this cold and wind we are having!
I will try to catch up with everyone soon!

ShelleyM
03-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Suzy-I am so happy for you!!!!

coles
03-07-2007, 07:08 AM
[/URL] [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA"] (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) SUZY - Great news about Travis! We know hard it is to have him in Iraq.
The snow never stops up here. Day before yesterday there was a 75 vehicle pile up. Two busses and two transport trucks in the mess.
It is supposed to go above freezing by the weekend.
I would love to be on a beach onywhere. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_81.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)
Brian and Amanda spend a lot of time ice fishing these days. Huts have to be off the lake by the 15th. I will be so glad when they are off. I worry so much when they are out there. The wind opens up oressure cracks and you never know when that will happen.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_3_210.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb095_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7923)

Sherry
03-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Suzy...That's great news about Travis!! :hug:

I miss my Son Chris so much.He's been on a SUB for 2 months now and I miss talking to him. It's so hard.

On another sad note: Besides my MIL in the hospital & FIL with lung cancer, My Dad had an arteragram (sp) yesterday and had a heart attack in the middle of it! He's had surgery and seems to be doing well. Tonight Wayne & I will visit two hospitals then go to his Dad's house and check on him.....

gdeann
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Deb, I can just imagine how poor Rob feels. Ill and still needing to get mail delivered. We don't thank our mail carriers enough for the weather conditions etc. that they face to make sure we are provided with the service.

Suzy, I bet you are one happy mama right now! Prayers continue for Travis to stay safe while away.

Sherry, when it rains, it pours. I have been through taking care of ailing parents all at the same time and it is draining to say the least. Prayers sent for the families. What stage of lung cancer is your FIL in? With your MIL's condition too....is it likely they will need to go to a facility to help care for them? You have some very tough decisions ahead of you and I will be thinking of you and Wayne.

Janice, I hope it warms up soon! Thanks for the lesson on ice fishing! I never considered the wind would play a factor in safety. I would love a beach somewhere too!

Only 2 more days at the store!!!! YIPPPEEEEE-YI-YOOOOOO!!!!!! :-)

vouge09
03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey where is travis stationed again? we had coollected a bunch of hot choclate and I wrote an article about it for the school paper. I decided on a red dress, its long and silky I am getting some rhienstone or diamond like sandals to go with it. Gah im so sick right now , I lost my voice and have been coughing non stop for 3 days , in 3 days Ive prob slep 6 hours. I cant sleep cause I have migraines and coughs , on top of that , my grandfather passed away last night so no I have to leave for chicago for 2 weeks which I am happy about but at the same time im not. I wish i was going for a visit and not for a funeral. oh well he had so much bone cancer that it ate all his bones and made him delirious. Im glad hes in a better place now. I gtg just wanted to check in and show everyone that I was still alive and well. whoot whoot gayle!!!

coles
03-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Sympathy and prayers sent to you Amy.

gdeann
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Amy, so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Too bad your mom couldn't make it to see him before he passed, but I'm sure he understood. Give your mom an extra big hug, she probably needs it right now. Prayers sent to your family. The dress sounds gorgeous!

Lynneye
03-07-2007, 06:29 PM
so sorry to hear Amy, but you are right, he is in a better place. Give your Mom a special hug from me!

ShelleyM
03-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Vogue-My sympathies and prayers to you and yours.

Sherry-Prayers to your dad. Life is so precious. I hope he recovers well. Prayers to MIL and FIL also. You and Wayne have certainly had your share of sadness.

SuzyMc
03-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Amy ~ My deepest sympathies to you and your family. :hug:

Sherry ~ You must feel like the whole world is coming down around you! I hope things start looking up for you and your family soon! :hug:

Janice ~ I'm ready for spring too! Just 12 more days! ;)

Gayle ~ You must be more than ready to only have to report to one job! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Debbi ~ How is Rob feeling? Gayle is right, we really don't thank our mail carriers enough for all they do! Give him an extra hug from me!

Shelley ~ How are things going there? How is your MIL doing?

Princess Dee should be coming out of hibernation soon shouldn't she? Does anyone know when she is due back?

Where is Cheryl? Allison hasn't been around in a day or two either...

AJ'sAwesomeMom
03-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi all, I'm new here!

I'm Becky, I'm 23, and just had my first baby in October. I gained A LOT of weight when I was pregnant, and I'm on a mission to look good in a bikini again.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

ShelleyM
03-09-2007, 07:40 AM
WELCOME, BECKY!!!:wel3fc: You have the same name as my DD #1. She is 18, and going to USF. It has been quite quiet on this thread, but everyone is very busy. We may want to mother you, as we do Vogue, but that is because everyone here is very caring.

I am heading to a free health screening the School District is providing today. No work today-a teacher duty day, and I asked for it off, since I have been doing the sec's job along with mine. Then Mom and I are going to Bonita Springs to check out Mr. Goodfeet. I am hoping I can get back to running, or at least walking again with the help of those type of inserts. The bike just isn't cutting it anymore.

Sherry
03-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Good Morning :wave:

My Dad is going home from the hospital today.He's doing very well. My MIL I think is getting worse. She goes from room to ICU...back & forths.

Amy.....I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather.Special prayers sent to your family. :angel:

Suzy...I noticed that you have lost 19lbs. Good for you! What plan are you following? I think I'm doing better with WW this time then I ever have.

Shelley...Have a great day off!! :) When is your spring break?

Got to finish getting ready for work...Have a great day!!

Sherry
03-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome Becky!!

You will really love it here!! Great ladies!:welcome2:

gdeann
03-09-2007, 09:42 AM
WELCOME BECKY! You will love our little group of great ladies!

Shelley, have you heard of Spira shoes? I am thinking of getting a pair although I need to do more research. They say the sole will wear out before the coils ever do. Go to the site and read the testimonials, if I remember correctly, there were a few from people who participate in marathons.

I am also looking for a pair of shoes for work. 7-8 hours straight standing on concrete can make the ol' boys howl plus my hips are hurting. Dansko brand has been suggested. Anyone here familiar with the brand?

Sher, so happy to hear good news about your dad. Does your MIL have an illness which is causing her bones to break? Poor woman.... How is FIL doing? Can he stay by himself?

Suzy, I am soooooooooo ready! This is my LAST day! YIPPPEEE!!!! I am soooooooo tired! LOL! With the two jobs, I haven't had the time needed to help my mother out like I use to. Now I will work in the shop but also reserve1 day a week to run errands, do doctors visits etc. with her. I asked dear brother to try to make it in every 2 weeks to take her for groceries etc. but it never happened..... :-)

Well, everyone have a great, safe, OP day! I will check in later!

SuzyMc
03-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Sherry ~ I had lost a lot more than 19 originally, but this winter my eating got way out of control and I have gained 10 back. :^: I've been saying that I need to start over and it lasts for a day or two and then I'm right back stuffing my face again. I really REALLY need to get serious...especially now that warm weather is coming!

Becky ~ Welcome to the group! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Shelley ~ Enjoy your day off! I hope you find something that will help keep your feet happy! :)

AJ'sAwesomeMom
03-09-2007, 02:45 PM
thanks ladies!

4myloves
03-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Sherry and Shelley--

You know me so well! When I get depressed and anxious I do tend to stay away from heavy posting because I don't want to drag anyone down with me! I had a bad week at work last week, but things are getting better *I hope*.

I've been working in two different counties and it's very stressful dealing with farmers and bankers who don't know me. It's even harder when things haven't always been done right by the people who normally work in that county. It's like I'm going in behind people and cleaning up messes--no one likes the person who has to fix the mistakes. I actually had one lady tell me I needed to die because I had to take a mortgage (behind the bank) on their farm land. The mtg actually should have been take 5 years ago!

Anyway. All this stress is not good for my diet and exercise routine, but I'll try to be better :)

Great to see new faces on the Floozie forum! I hope you'll love it here as much as I do!

ShelleyM
03-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Cheryl-That really sux. People should understand that it isn't a personal thing.

I ended up spending $292.00 for a pair of inserts for my shoes at The Goodfeet Store. Mike would murder me with his own hands if he knew. Luckily, my bank account is not available for him to see. I was able to run 5 miles today with no problems. I am so excited. It has been 8 mos. since I have run without hurting. I'll find out totally tomorrow morning when I wake up though.

Gayle- I have heard that Dansko are some of the best shoes made for feet. They aren't the prettiest things, but they are supposed to be real good for your feet. I'll checkout that website that you mentioned. How was your last day?

jennimarie
03-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Hello All! I am new to this but filled out my stats in the Visitor's Bio if anyone is interested. This seems like a great support system.

For anyone experiencing sadness - My thoughts are with you!
For anyone lucky enough to have happy joyous things going on in thier life- I am happy for you!!

Hope to hear from you!

ShelleyM
03-11-2007, 06:28 AM
WELCOME, JENNIMARIE!! :wel3fc:
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

jennimarie
03-12-2007, 04:13 AM
Thanks Shelley M and Thank you!!

coles
03-12-2007, 09:19 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_36.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA) Welcome Jennimarie & Becky!!!
You will love this group of girls. They are great.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb096_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7924)

SuzyMc
03-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome Jenni! :wave:

On Friday four NFL players visited the base where my son is stationed in Iraq. It was the first time that they have had a VIP visit. Anyway they mention Waled and what everyday life is like for the guys in their blog. It lists the NFL players at the top of the page in italics. I don't know who any of them are but it's still pretty cool.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10051199
(The part about Travis' company starts right below the second photo)

(27 days until Travis leaves Iraq! :) )

alinnell
03-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Good morning everyone. I've not been posting much here this week. Everything is fine, DD quit her job at Applebee's (they were not giving her any shifts, so I can't blame her). Work is busy. The weather is getting hot (93 on Saturday) and there is no AC at work because of some roof working being done on the building. I sure hope it gets hooked back up today!!! My weight is finally coming down! I entered an Easter challenge with the calorie counters and hope to be down to 136 by Easter. Sunday saw 139.5!, but back up to 141 this morning. No problem--I usually go up to 143 on Monday mornings. I've also entered a bet with another member and we're going to try to go all week without wine (until Saturday). I won't win. DH is taking me out to dinner Friday for my bd and we have a huge party planned for Saturday.

Sorry I haven't checked in more often! Everyone take care and prayers for everyone who is sick or sad.

Bikini Dreader
03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm new to this group. I have just started posting on a some other groups but read a bit of this one and it seems like a great group of people.

I'm trying to lose a few pounds by eating properly and exercising - I've always been quite regular with exercise but it's the eating I've just recently gotten on track.

I look forward to chatting with you!

4myloves
03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the group Bikini Dreader--soon we'll be calling you "Bikini LOVER"!!!!

ShelleyM
03-14-2007, 06:47 AM
Bikini-Welcome to the group. There hasn't been much posting lately because we have all been busy, I guess. Anyway, you will love the ladies here! We have a few in Canada, which I notice is where you live. What plan are you following? If you would like to join the exercise thread, pop on in!

Gayle-What's happening in the senior hair world?

Allison-I hope your daughter finds another job soon (is she looking?)

Princess Dee-Are you home yet from your vacation?

Sherry-How are MIL and FIL and dad?

Vogue-Are you ready for prom?

Hope everyone has a great day!

gdeann
03-14-2007, 09:34 AM
WELCOME NEWBIES! This is a great group of gals, you will be glad you landed here!

Allison, good luck to daughter finding a new job!! How are you doing with the wine challenge?

Shelley, how did the shoe inserts work for you? Senior hair land is going well. I wish I could say this was my first official week concentrating just on it, but not. I was chosen for jury selection so it messed up my schedule. Thank goodness I wasn't selected as a juror. It was a criminal case involving young children.

Cheryl, I bet your job can be stressful at times. Please try to remember, the person is upset at the situation, not you personally. How could they be? You are such a sweetie! Did you ever hear from Ramona?

Sher, I hope all the parents are doing better!

To all the other chickies I didn't mention, have a great OP day/week! Janice, don't get depressed if it is coming off slow. Vouge, I bet you are in Chicago? Deb, busy with school? Well, I need to go!

alinnell
03-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Good morning all! I don't think DD is planning on looking for a new job just yet. I'm sure she will eventually--especially when she starts getting the bills she has to pay (I make her pay for her own gas and cell phone, but I keep track of how much it is, and when she goes off to college, I'll give it back to her--kind of a secret savings account). Right now she is hoping her music will get her by. She and some friends have put together a jazz ensemble and hope to play around town. Okay, so 5-6 kids, $200-$400 per gig (usually the lower amount) and then split it up is not going to be much money. I think she'll realize that pretty quickly.

Oh, I got an insert in my newspaper from Las Vegas. Spamalot is playing there!!! I'm going to see if we can get tickets for the family to go see it. We're really big Monty Python fans and DD has the soundtrack. Should be fun. I hope we can work it out--schedules are pretty tight so there are only a couple weekends where we could manage it.

ShelleyM
03-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Allison-That's great about your DD's group. Good luck to them.

Gayle-The inserts are working great. I have actually run more since Saturday than in the last 8 or 9 mos! I am still having trouble with my toe, though. It burns and hurts (my 2nd toe.) I wear gel thingies on it, but it still hurts. I may even break 20 miles this week. Glad you weren't picked for jury duty. BTW, my friends at school got a kick out of that last email your forwarded. It was so cute (should I get a dog or child.)

Sherry
03-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Good Mornin' :wave:

I have to brag this morning!! My Son, Drew 19, bowls on 3 different bowling leagues. Well Wednesday night he bowled a perfect 300 game!!!! He'll be getting a diamond ring! He has always wanted to go Pro and travel. I hope he reaches out to his dreams.I'm so proud of him!

My other Son, Chris 24, Is still on the Sub (9 weeks now). He emailed me the other night. He now has his Dolphins! (that means he's a true sub man now!). Also he said when he gets back to WA (in May when he gets off the Sub) He starts his Petty Officer schooling.

One more thing.....I'm down 2 more lbs!!! Total 13.6 so far! :cp:

Sorry to brag so much but I'm so happy. Have a great day!

alinnell
03-16-2007, 10:04 AM
WTG Sherry!!! And contrats to your sons as well!

gdeann
03-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Sherry congrats to Drew & Chris! I wondered about Drew, is he living at home with you guys? I am a horrible bowler! It looks so easy but really requires skill.

Shelley, happy to hear you have somewhat happy footsies now! I found a new pair of Danskos in the box on ebay. I tried the same style on at a shoe store here so I knew my size. Saved around $50-$60 so hope I made a wise choice by trying to save a few dollars. They are (Dansko) a rather ugly shoe in my opinion and I will most often just wear them at the shop with jeans or capris, I picked a pair with a denim exterior instead of the leather. At this point, I am more concerned with comfort instead of appearance! LOL!

Allison, are you going to Vegas? I must really be from the boonies, I have never heard of Spamalot.

Well, I really need to get in gear! Steve has been gone since last Sunday and is getting home this afternoon. I need to sit down and pay bills, laundry all the fun stuff involved with life. I hope everyone has a great day!

gdeann
03-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Sherry! Great Job On The Weight Loss!

alinnell
03-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Gayle~it doesn't look like we'll go to Vegas. I want to go on a weekend and the only free ones we have are Easter (it'll be a ZOO there) and the 28th of April and that's the weekend that my in-laws leave town. If the show was going to be around longer (it ends June 3) we would be able to go after the kids are out of school. Oh well. And the show Spamalot is a musical version of Monty Python's Holy Grail (sort of). You have to be a Monty Python fan (as we all are--DH and I were big fans in college and now the kids love it, too).

4myloves
03-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Wow! Glad to see things are picking up around here again!

Sherry--that's GREAT about Drew and Chris! I love to bowl, but the highest game I've ever bowled was a 182 or 183. I can't even imagine a 300! Congrats on the weight loss, too!

Gayle, I just bought two pairs of shoes off of e-bay---both are great. The ones I bought are a Saucony running shoe in a style that's no longer made. I bought 2 pairs so I won't have to buy anymore for a while. When I find a pair of shoes that I really love, I hate it when they discontinue the style!! I tend to hoard them.

Allison--the trip to Las Vegas sounds great! Mom and I are planning our 1st semi-annual trip to Branson in May. I can't wait--it seems so far away!!! I've been trying to decide on a different local for our 2nd vacation this year. We always go to Branson, and we've been there a BUNCH of times now. It's just hard to find a place within driving distance (5-6 hour) that offers the same variety of things to do.

Where is our Princess????????

Hello to our Connecticut Floozies!

Shelley--how's Mike's back? How are you doing getting back into the jogging groove?

Hey to all the Newbies!

I feel like I'm forgetting someone...............Shelley, Sherry, Gayle, Janice, Debbi, Allison, Vogue (Hey Amy--hope your trip to Chicago wasn't all sadness), Suzy (Great news about Travis!)...............Still feel like I'm forgetting someone..............
Please, if I did leave you out, don't be hurt! I'm doing well to remember my own name these days!!!!!

Love, Cheryl

mjoste
03-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Hello all!

I was invited here by someone who made my day today :) so I just wanted to say "HI." I will definitely be dropping by from time to time to learn all about this forum! From what I've read so far, ya'all sound mahvelous!

Happy Weekend!!!

Melinda

4myloves
03-16-2007, 05:31 PM
:welcome: Melinda!!

ShelleyM
03-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Sherry-I am so proud of both Drew and Chris, and YOU!! Congratulations on your weight loss and raising such wonderful sons!

Gayle-I saw the Dansko's are really ugly. That's what kept me from getting them. They are more for the type of work you do, rather than stylish school office workers.

Welcome-Melinda! Pop on in anytime.

Janice-Did you change your email address? I just received something back that I tried to send you.

Cheryl-I know. It seems everytime I find a running shoe I really like, they change models. At my peak, I was having to buy them every 3 or 4 months, so it can get very frustrating when you find something that is fitting and feeling well.

PinkSands
03-17-2007, 06:26 PM
[/B]Good Afternoon All:) ,

I hope everyone is having a Great St. Patty's Day, I'm just sitting here by myself and enjoying reading the posts, it snowed here this am but has all melted off now, I am sick of snow and cold, blah!! I need warm sands and swayin palms, sigh I can dream at least;) LOL, Have a Great Day All, see you on the boards:wave:

gdeann
03-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Welcome Pinksands! I bet you really do want to see warm weather considering your from Iowa. We live in Kansas but my husband works for Well's Dairy out of Iowa.

Sherry
03-17-2007, 08:34 PM
STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #16.........A New Thread Has Been Started!!:)