LA Weight Loss - LAWL and Popcorn

View Full Version : LAWL and Popcorn

NCRed
03-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey everybody,
Has anyone found a popcorn (besides the one you can buy from COD) that is on our plan? I miss popcorn. That is the only time I have cheated since I went on this program. We went to the movies on Saturday night (saw Wild Hogs and it was hilarious) and broke down to the smell of movie theatre popcorn. I ate a lot and them came home and drank tons of water. I still lost 1.8 lbs on Monday, Whew!! and went right back on plan on Sunday but I wondered with all the low fat popcorn out there some of it should work on LAWL.

Dan2112
03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
I know we shouldn't, but Liz and I go to the movies so infrequently, that I usually break down and buy a bag.. I don't finish it, but still.. Talk about being bad..

If you have an air popper, you can make much healthier popcorn at home.. On the infrequent times that we do, we use a little smart balance or "I Can't Believe it's not Butter" spray and the put some Morton's Lite or NoSalt on it..

I would stay away from the low fat microwave stuff, as it's full of salt..

MTdebster921
03-05-2007, 08:45 PM
In the new menu book, it lists 3 c. air popped or the 94% fat free microwave popcorn as a starch, with a note that it is higher in sodium, so use in moderation.

mamato2girls
03-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I don't know if it's technically OP, but once in a while on movie night I will have 1/2 a Orville Redenbacher 100 calorie bag of popcorn and call it a starch. I know it's full of salt, but I figure it's better than the more fattening stuff. Although, it does take a bit like warm cardboard!

Barb316
03-05-2007, 09:14 PM
When I have the 94% FF popcorn I add spray butter and seasonings to it and it makes it taste alot better.

mamato2girls
03-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I usually use butter spray, but it still tastes like warm cardboard! I shoot mean eyes at my DH while he eats Pop Secret Movie Butter popcorn...my fave micro popcorn.