General chatter - Anyone from Georgia?

View Full Version : Anyone from Georgia?

GirlyGirlSebas
03-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi 3FC friends! Hubby and I are seriously thinking of moving out of Florida and into Georgia. Housing prices and insurance rates are just too much in our area and we really need something a little bigger. We are considering the Dallas or Powder Springs area. What can you tell us about this area or Georgia in general?

sfj
03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
HI.
We just recently moved from southwest florida (Naples) to southwest Ga.

im not very sure about things in north ga though. I love it here. I have family in the area. the cold still kinda gets to me once in a while though.

NESunshine
03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I've never been to Georgia, but my cousin did live there and she wasn't a fan, she said its been her least favorite place of everywhere she has ever lived. Her and her husband have since settled in NC in the Chapel Hill area and love it there.
Sorry I can't be more help...I'm a total northern girl :)

RebaR
03-05-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm in SE Alabama...right on the SW Georgia border...

GatorgalstuckinGA
03-05-2007, 10:12 PM
i live in SE ga...the low country...savannah to be exact. However, we are looking to move to an area similiar to you...actually marietta. From what i've seen the dallas/powder springs area is very cheep to live....but WARNING!!!!! if you have to drive anywhere...be prepared for a horrible commute. The rule to living around the atlanta area...live near where you work. So most ppl that live in the dallas/powder springs area that have to drive more than 10 miles usually have a long commute since there aren't many road....also if you have to get on the interstate at any time...atlanta traffic is pure ****. So if you work at home, no problems...but if you are going to work some where in the metro atlanta area...be prepared for a commute (usually anywhere from 1-2 hr depending on where you are going).

sfj
03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
When I went to college I went to school in Macon. It was nice there. We would go to Atlanta sometimes and yuck the traffic!

I liked Naples. I lived there my whole life. But it just got to expensive to live there anymore. I miss the mall we had. Moultrie has none. But we can drive to Tallahassee in less than an hour. With traffic in Naples it took about 35 minutes to get to the mall.

I love being in a smaller town though.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the responses! Fortunately, Hubby and I both work from home for our company. We decided to work from home because of Tampa traffic. Although, it does sound like Atlanta traffic is even worse!

sfj
03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the responses! Fortunately, Hubby and I both work from home for our company. We decided to work from home because of Tampa traffic. Although, it does sound like Atlanta traffic is even worse!
LOL they have a lot in common. Full of one way streets.

ThinWithin225
03-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I live in North Georgia, about 60 miles north of Atlanta. I have a sister that lives in Powder Springs and my parents live on Tybee Island. The traffic in Atlanta IS terrible. My sis has always just worked on the west side close to where she lives. My dh works even further north than where we live and I work at a local school. I love this area, of course this is where I was born and raised. This time of year is awful with pollen though!!