Old 03-05-2007, 02:10 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Slim In 6

Has anyone used slim in 6 and has been successful? I am on phase 3. I don't do it 6 days a week. I'm lucky if I do it 4! But I have lost a couple of pounds. I had hoped to have lost more by now. I just have to concentrate in all aspects of my weight loss efforts. Anyway...just wanted to see if anyone has tried it and how it has worked for you. Did you modify the plan at all?
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/205/150

Height: 5'4

I haven't officially started yet, but I have heard great reviews on the workout. I have quite a few health problems so I am not sure if this will be something I can keep up with or not - do you find it very intensive? (I'm assuming so!).

I'm going to sit down and watch it a bit today and see if I can start on Phase 1. If you look back a couple pages I believe you'll find many threads about Slim in 6 ... I've read them before!
MegSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

So have I! I just wanted to see if anyone has done it recently. Start it up is easy enough. Ramp it up is a little harder, but you get used to it after a few days. Burn it up is worse during the first 20 minutes. I hate the part near the end where you do those leg exercises on all fours and have your leg up in the air for hours it seems without putting it down for a rest. I curse Debbie out on that part every time. I think the difficulty variance between phases 2 and 3 is greater than that of phases 1 and 2.

I am starting to get used to it though...little by little. Don't get discouraged about it. You can conquer it. One good thing about the dvd is that they stress going at YOUR OWN pace and taking a break when YOU need to. The first time I did it I had to pause it about 5 time and I didn't even finish it. You have to pace yourself. The second time I did it, I paced myself and I did it straight through only pausing once or twice.
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #4  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

Hi I have SI6 but am using P90 first. SI6 is definitely intense and they warn you that it shouldn't be done for very long durations at the 6 day a week level. P90 is actually less intense since it alternated cardio and resistance training everyday instead of both everyday, thus the reason why I went with it first LOL I am to out of shape to even watch debbie LOL But I plan on following P90 with it. I am on day 8, and can't wait to see results. No loss yet but thats the story of my life haha --sumi
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

I completed Slim in 6 and didn't lose any weight, though I did become very, very strong. (I was also barely watching my diet while doing it.)

While I know it is a great way to gain strength, I can't bring myself to do it again, as I found it horribly boring after six weeks.
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #6  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

Well on the old Beachbody boards which you can still search and find on google, they talk about the difference with slim in 6 and power 90, and slim in 6 in designed for fast weight loss results where as p90 was for total body transformation LOL (sounds silly writing it haha) Slim in 6 is not designed as a long term (ie: lifelong) program. I think they have the slim series for the follow up program right? I am thinking about buying turbo jam since everyone says such great things about it LOL not that I need ANOTHER addition to the library haha
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote