South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #1  

Default Is this cracker okay for P2

I'm always on the hunt for an SBD-friendly cracker. I found these on peapod. They're acceptable...right?

Mary's Gone Crackers Original

INGREDIENTS: Organic Short Grain Brown Rice, Organic Whole Quinoa, Organic Brown Flax Seeds, Organic Brown Sesame Seeds, Filtered Water, Organic Wheat-Free Low Sodium Tamari (Water, Whole Organic Soybeans, Salt, Organic Alcohol), Sea Salt.

Serving size 1 oz. (15 crackers)
120 cals
3.5 g fat
3 g fiber

Just the name alone makes me want to buy them

TIA
Old 03-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

They look fine to me.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yup...they don't taste as good as I wished they would, but they're okay. (we have them at our Wegman's).

Here are a couple of others I use from time to time:

Doctor Kracker's flatbreads (and the snacker crackers)

Kashi's TLC crackers, original flavor (it does have evaporated cane juice in the top three ingredients but there must not be much, as there are only 3g of sugar in a serving.)

Wasa Crispbreads (I like the Hearty Rye)

Reduced Fat Triscuits (we decided as a group here that these are SBD approved...they're not listed, but none of us can figure out why! They are certainly more aligned with the SBD book than the SBD crackers put out by Kraft...that's for sure! )

Hope those help!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Wait a gosh darn minute...I can have RF Triscuits? Hip! Hip! Hooray!!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jetsetter, we all had a discussion about it a couple years ago...it didn't make any sense to any of us that RF triscuits weren't on the list of okay things but stoned wheat crackers were (btw, I've never found any stoned wheat crackers that don't have 'enriched flour' as the first ingredient...I don't know why they are approved!!! ). We went over the ingredients (WHOLE WHEAT, SOYBEAN OIL, SALT, MONOGLYCERIDES.) and couldn't figure out what would make them a problem! They have whole grains, good fats, and pretty much nothing else. Why not??? I've been enjoying them ever since and have never had a problem with cravings. Plus, they're yummy!
Closed Thread