Support Groups - Hot and Healthy Challenge Chicks 3/5/07-3/11/07

SD Gal
03-05-2007, 11:11 AM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! :carrot:

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!! :cb:

SD Gal
03-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Good morning Ladies! I thought I'd start the weekly post out, hope you don't mind :) The weekend was good, and this morning I was back down to 157.7, tomorrow is actual WI, and I'm still having fun with my TOM.. woohoo! lol :carrot: I did a four mile walk last night, too..

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :hug:

offbyjuly
03-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Okay, I'm in for a challenge. I've signed up for a open water swim of 1.2 miles at a local lake. I'm doing a mile now and feel confident in my swimming ability.
Now I've increased the challenge by setting a goal of stepping into the lake another 50 lbs. down. I feel 10lbs a month is sane and DOABLE! Exposing my body to 200 participants is good incentive and honestly more of a challenge to me than the swim! :^:

JasonsLea
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL for the last three days but I've been getting everything in order for my move. After my mama gets off of work today, we're going to the apartment complex to sign the papers! Just two hours and 15 minutes left...

marbleflys
03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone, I've been away, but now I'm back, will catch up later tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well too!

SD Gal
03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi all! I'm on plan today with water and food.. tonight my hubby has a meeting, and of course they can't live without him so I'm on my own. I'm thinking I'll finish the broccoli from last night and have a small piece of lean meat.. Hm..

I'll also be able to get my walk in right after work and start cleaning out my closet. The carpet guys come on Friday. YAY! Finally. Sure is going to make the house look nicer. Now if I can only save enough money for new living room furniture :X lol :D

Hope everyone is having a lovely day.. bbl!!! :lucky:

sumisan
03-05-2007, 04:04 PM
hi everyone! Still trucking along with the same woes. I am dedicating myself to trying a higher calorie range, but am going to blame every last one on 3FC who suggested it, if they are wrong LOL Just kidding! I need to get my arse in gear and do my workout. I cleaned alot yesterday and was sore today, not sure if it was the resistance training or the cleaning LOL probably both since I usually do neither!

Mimi: I would love clean carpets! I really hate my kitchen right now. Everytime I go in there I am like WHAT were they thinking? But I know the answer in a 100 year old farmhouse it was easier to hide it than to do it right.

Have a great day everyone!--Sumi

SD Gal
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Mimi: I would love clean carpets! I really hate my kitchen right now. Everytime I go in there I am like WHAT were they thinking? But I know the answer in a 100 year old farmhouse it was easier to hide it than to do it right.--Sumi

The carpets in this house have never been replaced, so I am looking forward to fresh paint in the kitchen (I'M ALMOST DONE) and new carpet every where else. YAY! I'll post pictures when its done. :D I don't know what MAN designed this kitchen but its definitely a man kitchen. :p

Super hugs. :hug: Back later!!

sumisan
03-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Mimi: I bet it will look great once it is done, I love it when things look nice it just makes me happier!

Yesterday took a bad turn, but I wont let it happen again. I faught a horrible stomach ache and woke up feeling like crud. I just can NOT let anyone bring chips in the house. So my calories were just over 2000, a big change from my usual LOL So much for trying to eat a *few* more calories. I shouldnt have made those calories the chips, because I should know I can not stop. But they are gone. Today I am going to get back on track with eating 5 times a day but up the meals to 300 calories. That way I stay at 1500 just about.

--Sumi

SD Gal
03-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Hope you feel better soon Sumi. :( Big hugs!! :hug:

My WI this morning was MARVELOUUUUS! I am down! YAYAYAYAY! :carrot: I am back under 157 again.. woohoo!! YESSSSSSS! 156.5, YAY! I'm excited, as I thought I'd only have been around 157 (I'll take that half pound, thank you very much!).

I finished painting the kitchen walls last evening. I won't be able to do a whole lot more painting until the carpet is in on Friday. So, the weekend will be busy. :D

Hope you all have a wonderful day.. bbl!!

SD Gal
03-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Where's my girls???!!! :?:

marbleflys
03-07-2007, 12:40 PM
sorry, sorry....I make plans have good intentions, then life, the weather, work intervenes and I can't do what I want! I haven't done formal exercise (except heavy cleaning) in 2 weeks! I'm hoping to start my new Tae-Bo tomorrow AM and get back on track....grrrr, it's TOM, I'm just a little GROUCHY. I seem to have "scale-fear" today, but my pants are fitting OK and I have no salt-urge.

Sumi, I am uncontrolable with chips..especially the saltn'vinegar...I can eat the whole BAG! I substitute with cucumbers these days, but after reading your post, I WANT POTATO CHIPS!

sumisan
03-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks Mimi :) It passed and I did good yesterday thank god. WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!!!!!! I love hearing you guys, I get to live vicariously LOL

marblefly: I LOVE salt and vinager, I think they make a fat free version ... not 100% sure but eating a whole bag of olestra would probably deteer me for a while... just the thought of the side effects keeps me from binging. But my hubby bought two bags of regular chips when we made taco salad... I swear it is always his fault! LOL

I found a really good lower calorie ice cream called Eddy's, they make it with light cream and they also have sugar free versions. Although the sugar free ones only save a few calories for some reason. Maybe the others just arent 100% sugar free... i need to check the label. But 65 grams (1/2 cup) is 110-130 calories and they totally satisfy my *real* ice cream cravings. I like those fudge bars but they just don't do it for me when I really want the real thing!

It is so warm this week, I am going to get out into my garden today and maybe haul some good dirt from outside the barn to the garden. Man the soil over there is awesome, I guess from all the muck that gets cleaned out of the animal areas. I have a zillion potatoes that are ready to go in the ground too, although I am a little worried we will get another frost. They should be fine even if we do but if they really start to take off and then it frosts, that could ruin the crop. We had awesome spring potatoes last year, but our summer crop got eaten alive. Our well ran dry and we had to conserve water the rest of the summer (we had a truck come fill it up), so the garden got cut off :( It was so sad, I still get sad looking at it. It was doing so good until summer came. But live and learn, this year we will be doubling our efforts to catch rain water for the garden and also calling the water truck before it gets bad.

--Have a great day everyone!

Sumi

SD Gal
03-07-2007, 02:46 PM
sorry, sorry....I make plans have good intentions, then life, the weather, work intervenes and I can't do what I want! I haven't done formal exercise (except heavy cleaning) in 2 weeks! I'm hoping to start my new Tae-Bo tomorrow AM and get back on track....grrrr, it's TOM, I'm just a little GROUCHY. I seem to have "scale-fear" today, but my pants are fitting OK and I have no salt-urge.

Sumi, I am uncontrolable with chips..especially the saltn'vinegar...I can eat the whole BAG! I substitute with cucumbers these days, but after reading your post, I WANT POTATO CHIPS!

I can appreciate this as well. I love salty chips.. mmmm!!!! Makes my mouth water right now just thinking abou it. Scale fear. roflmao. I hadn't heard that one. I wish I was at your weight marbleflys.. sigh.. Well.. I'm working on it.. but I want it NOW. So glad to see you here!! I miss hearing from you all! :hug:

SD Gal
03-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks Mimi :) It passed and I did good yesterday thank god. WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!!!!!! I love hearing you guys, I get to live vicariously LOL

marblefly: I LOVE salt and vinager, I think they make a fat free version ... not 100% sure but eating a whole bag of olestra would probably deteer me for a while... just the thought of the side effects keeps me from binging. But my hubby bought two bags of regular chips when we made taco salad... I swear it is always his fault! LOL

I found a really good lower calorie ice cream called Eddy's, they make it with light cream and they also have sugar free versions. Although the sugar free ones only save a few calories for some reason. Maybe the others just arent 100% sugar free... i need to check the label. But 65 grams (1/2 cup) is 110-130 calories and they totally satisfy my *real* ice cream cravings. I like those fudge bars but they just don't do it for me when I really want the real thing!

It is so warm this week, I am going to get out into my garden today and maybe haul some good dirt from outside the barn to the garden. Man the soil over there is awesome, I guess from all the muck that gets cleaned out of the animal areas. I have a zillion potatoes that are ready to go in the ground too, although I am a little worried we will get another frost. They should be fine even if we do but if they really start to take off and then it frosts, that could ruin the crop. We had awesome spring potatoes last year, but our summer crop got eaten alive. Our well ran dry and we had to conserve water the rest of the summer (we had a truck come fill it up), so the garden got cut off :( It was so sad, I still get sad looking at it. It was doing so good until summer came. But live and learn, this year we will be doubling our efforts to catch rain water for the garden and also calling the water truck before it gets bad.

--Have a great day everyone!

Sumi

Welcome back sugar!! Super hugs to you!!!

SD Gal
03-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Good morning ladies! It must be a busy week for everyone!!

I have all the rooms of furniture moved sans my bedroom, which will be completed this evening. YAY! The carpet comes Friday and I am looking forward to re-creating my house again. Seriously.. I'm sick to death of it. lol

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day.

Muah! :hug:

SD Gal
03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!!

Its been sooo quiet around here! Hope everyone is well.. I've missed reading everyone's day to days this past week.

Lots of hugs.. have a great day. BBL. :hug:

sumisan
03-09-2007, 03:13 PM
MiMi :) I have been bad and looking at other forums LOL Trying to get help with the calorie counting thing. But it looks like I have to wait a few weeks to find out if up'g the calories is really going to help. Waiting is something I am not good at. Man!

So my hubby ran the car off a bridge! We live on a rural country road (gravel) and it crosses over a tiny creek, so there is this really old cement bridge, probably only 4-5 feet high if you stood in the creek bed. And only about 4 feet across, really small. And just big enough width wise. Being the guy he is I have given him flack telling him he better be more careful.... and guess what... I see this person walking down the road... that was a sad sight. He sure didnt want to hear an I told you so, he knew LOL So our neighbor had to pull him back up, I guess only one side of the truck missed so he was more lodged on the bridge than off it. The mailman somehow got by LOL

He is having a bad day, I feel sorry for him, but he is back at work washing poop. Like icing on cake LOL He power washes these pig barns in between loads of pigs. It has to be one of the nastiest jobs UGH!! But money is money.

:) Other than that it is going well, kids screaming at each other, rainy day stuck inside. AHHHHH! I give them fridays off if they get there work done during the week.

Oh I weeded my strawberry patch! Found the crowns (or what ever they are called), my thighs hurt really bad today, I guess from all the squating. But it looks much better right there. Now to KEEP the weeds out LOL I need to get some of that platic stuff and cover it and poke holes for the plants. The weeds are just TO MUCH out here!

--Sumi

Canuk4
03-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi All just a quick hello, I have missed you all.

Good to hear from you, Marblefly and Sumi. Shari almost there with the apt. if not already in, Congrats. SD Gal by now your carpet would be in, bet it looks great. I want some new carpet as well, but a long ways down on my list unfortunately. Congrats on the weight loss.

Our birthday party for my Dad was a fabulous success, he is still talking about the wonderful surprise it was and is trying to remember what each of us told him of our great memories with him, I was so excited, everyone was there on time which was great. The food was great and service also.

Mon. 6 am we had to be at the hospital, my operation was at 8 pm. I came through it fine, stayed one night in hosp. did not get home till 6:30 pm Tues just crawled into bed, each day gets better, buy I have to not turn my wrist as I have a pin in the two bones near the wrist, he fixed my elbow (more damage then was expected) cut the other bone to match the first bones length then added the pin, he will have to go back in to fix the wrist, too much time between operations casued most of the damage (I think) and now another operation, which totals 3, if the first doc had casted it, I would not of had to go through all this, oh well that is life, unfortunately.

My cast goes from my knuckles on my hand, to about 2 1/2" from my shoulder, I am suppose to have that on till the 22nd of this month, then he wants to start me on physio, which considering all he has done I don't feel it will be healed enough, we will see, this was not an ordinary operation, so I will be asking alot of question's. Excuse any error's one hand typing takes so much longer.

Take care everyone, will check in tomorrow.
Sharon S.

JasonsLea
03-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Sumi, happy to hear that your DH is okay!

So yesterday was my first full day in my new apartment and tomorrow (hopefully) I will be able to go grocery shopping because my fridge is bare! I've already made it clear to myself and my friends/family that there will be NO JUNK in my house! Ahhh, 'my house'. That's sounds so nice! Oh and FYI, I probably won't be around but once or twice a week until I get my own computer. Talk to yall later! *MWAH*

JasonsLea
03-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi Sharon! I hope everything goes well with your operation.

SD Gal
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
MiMi :) I have been bad and looking at other forums LOL Trying to get help with the calorie counting thing. But it looks like I have to wait a few weeks to find out if up'g the calories is really going to help. Waiting is something I am not good at. Man!

So my hubby ran the car off a bridge! We live on a rural country road (gravel) and it crosses over a tiny creek, so there is this really old cement bridge, probably only 4-5 feet high if you stood in the creek bed. And only about 4 feet across, really small. And just big enough width wise. Being the guy he is I have given him flack telling him he better be more careful.... and guess what... I see this person walking down the road... that was a sad sight. He sure didnt want to hear an I told you so, he knew LOL So our neighbor had to pull him back up, I guess only one side of the truck missed so he was more lodged on the bridge than off it. The mailman somehow got by LOL

He is having a bad day, I feel sorry for him, but he is back at work washing poop. Like icing on cake LOL He power washes these pig barns in between loads of pigs. It has to be one of the nastiest jobs UGH!! But money is money.

:) Other than that it is going well, kids screaming at each other, rainy day stuck inside. AHHHHH! I give them fridays off if they get there work done during the week.

Oh I weeded my strawberry patch! Found the crowns (or what ever they are called), my thighs hurt really bad today, I guess from all the squating. But it looks much better right there. Now to KEEP the weeds out LOL I need to get some of that platic stuff and cover it and poke holes for the plants. The weeds are just TO MUCH out here!

--Sumi

Sumi, Oh my stars girl I'm glad to know your hubby is ok! Sounds like you have your hands full between your honey and the kids.. ;) lol I wish I had a garden to weed.. all I have is a tiny backyard and what looks like very large grasses growing back there like a jungle.. weeds yes.. but.. it will require a tiller. LOL

SD Gal
03-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi All just a quick hello, I have missed you all.

Good to hear from you, Marblefly and Sumi. Shari almost there with the apt. if not already in, Congrats. SD Gal by now your carpet would be in, bet it looks great. I want some new carpet as well, but a long ways down on my list unfortunately. Congrats on the weight loss.

Our birthday party for my Dad was a fabulous success, he is still talking about the wonderful surprise it was and is trying to remember what each of us told him of our great memories with him, I was so excited, everyone was there on time which was great. The food was great and service also.

Mon. 6 am we had to be at the hospital, my operation was at 8 pm. I came through it fine, stayed one night in hosp. did not get home till 6:30 pm Tues just crawled into bed, each day gets better, buy I have to not turn my wrist as I have a pin in the two bones near the wrist, he fixed my elbow (more damage then was expected) cut the other bone to match the first bones length then added the pin, he will have to go back in to fix the wrist, too much time between operations casued most of the damage (I think) and now another operation, which totals 3, if the first doc had casted it, I would not of had to go through all this, oh well that is life, unfortunately.

My cast goes from my knuckles on my hand, to about 2 1/2" from my shoulder, I am suppose to have that on till the 22nd of this month, then he wants to start me on physio, which considering all he has done I don't feel it will be healed enough, we will see, this was not an ordinary operation, so I will be asking alot of question's. Excuse any error's one hand typing takes so much longer.

Take care everyone, will check in tomorrow.
Sharon S.

Hello Sharon dear! So glad to see you. Aw, I'm so happy Dad enjoyed his birthday! What a wonderful thing. :)

Yes, the carpet is in, my goodness what a difference its made in the way the house looks! YAY! Our room looks bright and large and we actually have covered stairs, YESSSSSS! lol :D

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well.. your typing is wonderful.. just don't use it so much you ache. :( I don't want you to aggrivate it.. :hug:

JasonsLea, nice to see you! I wish I had your strength with no junk food in the house, though.. with Weight Watchers, it makes it SO MUCH EASIER! Congrats on your apartment!! YAY! I feel much accomplished with the kitchen almost done and the carpets now installed.. now.. if we can only re-furnish the house :X LOL

Have a super Sunday everyone! BBL!!

Canuk4
03-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Hi again, how is everyone? Doing pretty good here, it has been a quiet day, just read, had anice chat with my son, then watched TV. I have over 300 old E-mails I will have to work to get rid of, it is annoying, they are alot of fitness and diet tips, but can't keep them all.

SD Gal so glad the house looks so great for you. Thanks for the kind words.

JasonsLeah, thanks I am glad the surgery went well and this one is behind me.

I have been eating honey roasted nuts tonight, i feel lousy too, serves me right, I had been losing at a steady pace as well, so am mad at myself, did only about half my water as well. Not a good day! Have to be so careful with my arm have not figured out what exercise to do, believe it or not I am still very weak, must be all tose meds they used. Will have to try something tomorrow, maybe just walking slowly, we will see.

Sumi it is really good your dh did not get hurt.

Talk to you tomorrow my friends, have a good day. God Bless
Sharon S

sumisan
03-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah he was fine, we still dont see how the post man got by, he must really know the size of his van LOL He would have had maybe an INCH. And not a scratch on the side of our truck LOL He was fine I guess he nearly stopped in time.

So no loss. Eating more and more, nothing. Started doing a calorie cycling thing 1500 to 1800 and back again. That started yesterday, my first 1800. Woke up 3.5 lbs heavier.. LOL Hoping it will help, even with 1500 and 1800 every other day I should still get a 1 lb week loss. I am hoping SOMETHING will work. I am starting to think that someone cursed me with I was a baby or something LOL

--Sumi

stopeating
03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Hey everyone! what a quiet site.

Sharon I'm so glad you are doing okay after surgery. Take it easy, you don't want to rush into anything.

sumisan- Sorry to hear about the accident. It can be scary and embarassing also.

sdgal - you are so busy! I'm working on my son's room (now a two month project) We get something done each week, and I'm about 2/3 of the way there. Time is so hard. When I'm home I'm tired.

Well my son had his last official basketball game this weekend. Two minutes before the end of the game they pulled him out and gave him a standing ovation. So many parents cried and he lost it. He has played on a wheelchair basketball team for 6 years, but he graduates this year. I told him when one door closes, another one opens. We've already contacted the adult team to sign him up.

Have a great night!