Support Groups - Crazy Canuks Cluck Club

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Crazy Canuks Cluck Club

srmb60
03-05-2007, 10:42 AM
There seems to be a bunch of us here. I'm not sure why I find that extra encouraging :D

Tell us where you're from and what your programme is .... Like this ...

I'm from a small town between Stratford and Lake Huron in Ontario. I count calories and try to do cardio and weights almost every day.

canadian mom
03-05-2007, 11:46 AM
I didn't realize there was a Canadian thread. Hi I am Jennifer I live in Fredericton New Brunswick. i am a calorie counter and I do free wieghts, interval training and arobic tape (Tae bo). I am a SAHM of 4 (ages 10, 9 (in april) 4 (today) and 2 1/2) They are 3 girls an d 1 boy the boy is 4.

meowee
03-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Canadian Mom . . . :hug: . . . :welcome2: This is kind of a new version of an old thread called CALLING ALL CANADIANS, that used to reside in another forum and then kind of fizzled out about mid-year 2006. SusanB revived it recently and it seems to be picking up steam again.

SusanB . . . :hug: . . . You may be right that this is a better location (although I'm not sure I understand the name-change). Anyway, I got this new thread "STUCK" and the old one "CLOSED". Just so that we've got continuity from the beginning of the year, I'm going to copy over the 2007 posts from there to here.

Anyway . . . I'm in Nova Scotia (transplanted from Ontario about 12 years ago). My plan is sort of my own, although it resembles a few of the more popular ones such as South Beach, Sugar Busters, Volumetrics Calorie Counting, etcetera, all merged together. Because I'm diabetic and require insulin injections, I need to keep pretty close track of my carbohydrate consumption and so use the CDA guidelines as well. Unfortunately, I'm still not too great on the exercise front, although I do try to keep things moving and I like just about anything I can do with a stability ball. Something is working (although slowly) because I have lost 50 pounds in the past 14 months. Yippee.

Well, chickies . . . I'm off to do some of that copying, I mentioned . . . I'll be seeing you all later. In the meantime, keep things moving and shaking. If we just keep doing the good stuff as much as we possible can; the good rewards are bound to follow. :carrot:

meowee
03-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Okay . . . here's the activity so far this month . . .

(1) Originally posted by . . . Justwast2Bhealthy
Thanx SUSANB ... I didn't know that this thread existed; but I see the last post (except for you this am) was exactly a year ago today; gee ~ what happened? I'm glad you suggested re-starting it; I think it would be great for us to support each other. I have met some other Canadians on here already and it would be nice to keep in touch with them.

ABOUT US ... we live in a small village up north; the nearest city is Timmins, Ontario. I was born in Orangeville and was raised near there and have lived in Guelph, Brampton, and Bramalea, etc. Came north to go to college and stayed, as many of my family had returned here (some family roots here). Funny thing is ... most returned down south or are now spread out in other provinces. That's one reason I came on the net ~ so I could keep in touch with my family more often ...

MY PLAN ~ is one I created with my docs' blessings ... it's portion and calorie based; and devised loosely from Heart & Diabetes plans. The plan theory came from a professor/researcher from NYU, who said ~ for good health, sustainability, and longevity ... "EAT FOR THE BODY YOU WANT, NOT THE ONE YOU HAVE!" (2100 cals for initial goal of 177lbs/size 16-18; for now). So far, it's working for me; so, I'm sticking with it, cuz I don't want to go back where I was before ... ever, ever again!!!

MY MAIN EXERCISE is walking, plus I do some hand weights, and I have a mega-rower that I use on occasion. I joined the March exercise thread for large ladies 40+ group to keep me accountable. I may have some physical limitations, but I'm not going to let that stop me ~ cuz I'm a spunky, Irish lass, and I want to win this battle once and for all ~ LOL! As Jillybean said ... "WRAP YOUR BRAIN AROUND THE IDEA THAT THIS IS FOR LIFE!" Ttyl and thanx again, SUSANB ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud.

(2) Originally posted by . . . Meowee (me)
SusanB pulled up this CALLING ALL CANADIANS thread earlier, I think it was the original that she had started.

I had made a few more after that and we kind of kept it going until Canada Day with one entitled "Calling all Canadians - Canada Day Challenge" and then I let it die out because it seemed to be losing steam . . . but I would love to see it revived if anybody is interested. If we can drum up enough momentum, maybe we can at least get a STICKY. . .

Start posting lots and lots Susan and all you other crazy canuks . . . we deserve our own little chat place.

"(3) Originally posted by . . . cupcake84
Hey all, Im a fellow Canadian, born and raised in Nova Scotia, lived in Saskatchewan for a couple of years, but came back home.

meowee- nice to see a fellow bluenoser, i thought i was the only one around haha

Anyways,I love the idea of talking to other Canadians on here in a forum, so i hope this thread sticks around!woohoo Canada!

(4) Originally posted by . . . me again
Hi Meryl . . .

I hope so too. I peeked at your profile and noticed that we both have February birthdays - mine is the 25th - of course I'm a wee little bit older than you. Love the picture of your son by the way.

One thing I've always noticed about Maritimers . . . they come home if they can. Strangely enough, I'm originally 'from away'. Born and raised in Toronto and transferred down here about 12 years ago. When I retired, I just stayed here because I really like the slower pace of life. Guess we 'Uppity Canadians' just transplant a little more easily. BTW, wherebouts are you? I'm in Pictou.

Anyway, girl . . . hope you have a moving and shaking kind of day . . . see you soon.

(5) Originally posted by . . . Rockie86
Hi all! Another bluenoser... haha
I'm new to the community, hope everyone is enjoying their Monday. I guess my plan is to eat more veggies and smaller portions, and do cardio and some weights every day... just starting out so I'll see how it goes!

(6) Originally posted by . . . me (again, again)
Hi Chickie . . .

Here's a great big welcoming for you too. Welcome aboard. Where are you? I know, I know, it's not that big a province -- at least not in size. The size of the heart of the Nova Scotian is another matter, entirely.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you again later.

(7) Originally posted by . . . SusanB (when she started this new thread)

Let's start new ... here ....
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...35#post1597635

Let's keep it moving and shaking, gang . . . See you soon . . . :carrot:

srmb60
03-05-2007, 01:21 PM
How about if we add in any other threads we frequent? Just to make sure eveeryone realises that they're welcome everywhere. And since the board is sooo big maybe you'll find some places you didn't even know existed.

I like the Featherweights, Calorie Counters, Ladies Who Lift and I lurk in Maintainers and Introductions.

cupcake84
03-05-2007, 01:23 PM
meowee- wow we are pretty close, I am in Stellarton. Its pretty cool to see someone so close to home on here. I also like the slower pace of life here too, Saskatchewan wasnt exactly bustling with activity or anything, but just a different way of living than here. I like it here :) lol

meowee
03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Another good idea, SUSAN . . . :hug: . . . I spend most of my time in Diabetes Support; and a couple of other places in Support Groups -- 100 Lb Club, and Plenty More to Go -- ; and (mostly because of Moderator duties) I tend to lurk (and stick in some posts from time to time) almost everywhere on the whole Community. ;)

Wow, MERYL . . . :hug: . . . We are almost neighbours. Amazing how small the world is, isn't it? We will have to get together at Highland Square for coffee -- that is, if you don't mind being seen with someone old enough to be your grandmother. :lol:

See you later, gators . . . hope everybody else finds us soon. :carrot:

canadian mom
03-05-2007, 02:15 PM
I stick pretty much to challenges beat the bulge and what even evebt is coming up but I post pretty much eberywhere I just use the new post button and if anything stricks me I post.

cupcake84
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
meowee-sounds good!! haha and age isnt anything but a number, from reading the posts on here and the other calling all canadians forum, you dont seem to be "someone old enough to be my grandmother":D you sound way younger and cooler than me :cool:

meowee
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
May have to adopt you, MERYL :yes: THANKS A BUNCH. Where your birthdate has an 84 . . . mine has a 43 . . . shhhhhhhh. :o Anyway . . . I'll PM you my telephone number. :carrot:

Ruthxxx
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi there. I'm an antique Canadian and could be a great grandmother, I suppose.

I grew up and spent much of my life in Ottawa West but moved to small town Eastern Ontario when my DH retired. I'm in Delta, a town of about 300 in the Rideau Lakes area. In the summer we are over 1000 with the influx of tourists and cottagers.

My husband has been in a nursing home the past two years so it's just me and my Girls. My Girls are Portuguese Water Dogs who keep me sane - and busy. They are therapy dogs so we "work" several times per week doing hospital, clinic and nursing home visits.

I'm type II diabetic which I've managed to keep well-controlled by following a lower healthy carb diet. I MOD the South Beach Forum, am a 3FC super-MOD too so manage to keep fairly busy in here and in the Journals. I pop in all over the place!

Nice to see who's out there.

Su-Bee
03-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Susan, in Waterloo. My program is probably best termed "winging it." I lift, do cardio, and try to eat decent food most of the time. :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Thanx Linda and SusanB; am so glad you created this for us. Nice to see so many Canadians (and I know there are more of them out there); whenever I see one, I'll send them this way. I also post all over the board, whenever I see something that interests me.

I also post in some regular threads like 40+, Christian Encouragers, and Physical Challenges in the dieting with obstacles forum. Wow, and now this one ... I'm gonna be a busy chickie. And, I do some lurking around Intros, Lighten up, and too many more to mention. I just realized something ... I have no life ... LOL!!! :yikes:

I have a lot of free time, married, no kids ~ two small furry babies. BTW, I think friendship has no age limit ... Glad to meet you all ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud. :hug:

srmb60
03-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Good Morning. This morning I'm up waiting for road reports. I may have to go to work ... depending on who else can get there. At present ... it won't be me because our county has pulled the plows off the road.

I'm with canadian mom ... I hit new posts and read some of everything.

meowee
03-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Good Morning, Canuk Chickies . . . :hug:

Wow . . . Ontario is not looking good this morning. I just saw that pile-up near Barrie on the morning news (I have relatives up there) . . . not good. Stay off the roads, girls . . . nothing is so important that you should risk your neck to get to work.

We are having a snowy and blowy morning too. I'm supposed to go to the hospital for some pre-op tests at lunch time, but I'm thinking of trying to reschedule - should be OK since I've got three weeks before the surgery date - I've become a real wuzzie since I retired. I try to avoid going out in the bad weather if at all possible. Did enough driving in this junk when I was working to last a lifetime. :(

Hi SU-BEE . . . :welcome2: to our little chicken yard. I lived in Kitchener for 10 years before I was transferred down here to NS. Just like Barrie (where my Mother was raised), KW is, of course another snow-belt area. When I'd go from Kitchener to Barrie (via 401/400) in the Winter it was like driving through 3 entirely different worlds -- snow in KW; nothing, or slush, in TO area; more snow in Barrie :dizzy:

Okay, gang . . . see you later. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day. :carrot: Stay warm and dry, if you can. :D

canadian mom
03-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Man there is a really bad wind chill here(-28). I need to check the weather for tomorrow my oldest has to get her braces tightened and I have to take all 4 kids because it is March Break. We use public transit so we will be in the cold a bit there is a 4 block walk from the stop to her appointment then back again.

canadian mom
03-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I forgot to0 mention I lived in Edmonton for a couple of years (that is where my son was born)

Ilene
03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Great idea Susan and Meowee in starting this Canadian thread ... :bravo:

It's -32c here brrrr.... I drove in those snow squalls yesterday :faint: at one point my knees could not stop shaking... I was coming back from work when it started, when I left in the morning it was fine, nice and bright but windy... But, I'm ok now so it's all good :D...

So, about me.... Pretty boring really... I live in Cornwall Ontario, an hour away from Ottawa and Montreal plus 20 minutes away from Massena NY, I really love the centrality of Cornwall :yes: ... I work part time as a school secretary, my position right now is in Casselman, it's a 40 minute commute --but considering Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal commutes that I hear about all the time, it's a drop in the bucket... I had no choice in taking the position because I would have lost my seniority... Other than yesterdays nerve wracking ride, it's been pretty easy driving so far...

Let's see, I count calories, eat 5-6 mini meals every 2-4 hours, that's usually the plan anyways, doesn't always go that way though :shrug: life get's in the way sometimes...

I am an exercise fanatic, I love to exercise... I've been weight training for 22 years now 4-5 times/week at least ... In the last 3 years I have taken up running I do that 3 times/week most times ... In the last 2 years I have started swimming twice/week ... In the summer I also rollerblade and bike, DH and I just bought new bikes so I can't wait for Spring!!

I have two teenagers, DS is 19yrs old in his first year of Nursing and a DD 17 yrs old in grade 11... I also have two cats Chloee and Bob :D ... Oh, and a great hubby too :D ...

I hang around Featherweights, the Exercise forum and moderate both with a lot of help from all of my friends here :D, I couldn't do it alone that's for sure! I also like to hit the "New Posts" button and give my 2 cents worth whenever I can...

So that's me in a nutshell :D ...

canadian mom
03-06-2007, 05:09 PM
ilene I have a friend that lives in Cornwall she moved there about 5 years ago with her hubby and son.

WamTam
03-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi all
I am from the far frozen north! I live in Whitehorse a beautiful city. I really don't follow any program per say. I am counting calories/fat, portion control and walking for exercise. I have a rowing machine coming soon is supposed to be here in the next couple of weeks so will work that in. Can't wait:carrot:
Have a hard time getting out walking right now cause of the snow and cold! Anyone out there have any suggestions on cold weather exercise??
:)

darly
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted on the Introductions forum tonight. Thanks to meowee, she let me know about this canadian site.

Hi,

I will be 37 years old in May and have been overweight all of my life or as my mother and grand-mother used to say: "big boned"!

In late 2005, we happily found out I was pregnant with our second child. I told my husband that I would be joining SFL (Simply For Life) immediately after I had her in June. Several people I knew were melting away on this program. I encouraged him to join so he did that January. He has since lost over 60lbs. I, on the other hand, have only lost 20lbs (+30lbs after the birth) since late June. When the cold weather started, I walked less and less but still followed the program, some weeks better than others. We have both plateau'd so we joined a gym last month and I must tell you I loved it. And then the flu invaded our home the following week and stayed the entire month of February !!! We were all sick. I became depressed. I kept imagining myself returning to work in July fat as ever, a failure. When I first joined SFL, I envisioned myself walking back in that office slim and proud, but instead this flu made me go over the edge. I ate and ate and completely fell off the wagon for the first time in 8 months. Once a week for the past 8 months I have been getting weighed, but now I have not been there in over four weeks and I can only imagine what that scale will say .Give me strenght!

Today is a new day! March has arrived; thank God! We went away this past weekend with the kids and had some fun. This morning I went back to the gym for the first time in a month and enjoyed every moment of it. Food wise, I ate too many cookies and would have eaten more "bad stuff" if it would have been in the house. One step at a time; I'll get back on track.

When I was 20 years old, I lost about 20lbs and felt great about my body for the first and last time. I did it with the gym and watching what I eat. Since the age of 13, I have been on every diet known to woman, like most everyone on this site. What really makes me angry is that for the first 20 years of my life I honeslty thought I was huge. In my mind when I looked in the mirror or compared myself to my skinny friends, I actually felt 100lbs overweight. My body image was so out of wack that I just finally gave up and really started packing on the pounds. At 21, I remember driving in the McDonald's Drive Thru and thinking to myself I may as well order everything I want because I will always be fat. I lost something that very moment: myself. Exercise is the magic key for me. However I have been avoiding it at all cost. Why? What am I scared of?

I found this site from my Oprah magazine and hope to find the support and maybe some new friends to help me lose the 100lbs that is robbing me of my life!

Take care,
Darly

RBPJ
03-06-2007, 11:35 PM
I am new here. Started a journal on Monday. This is day three for me. I live in the Greater Toronto Area. I read about this in an Oprah magazine but I had heard about it before. I thought that I might try this. I had started Dr. Bernstein last February. I was determined to shed my weight before I turned forty the following January. Two weeks into the program I found out I was pregnant. I was dumbfounded. We had two daughters that were 10 and 7. I had just sold ALL my baby stuff in a garage sale the previous May. Taking it all in was huge (we even had to do renos to the house to add a bedroom). But I made it. I had lost 13lbs in the two weeks that I was on the Dr. B. plan and I only gained 15lbs during my pregnancy. I did not diet at all I just stopped eating after 6pm. I was terrified that I was going to put on even more weight. I put on 80lbs with my first pregnancy and I lost next to nothing even though she weighed just shy of 11lbs at birth. With the second I was careful and only put on 17lbs. She was taken a week early and weighed in at 9lbs 8oz. This time around I developed gestational diabetes. The nutritionist at the high risk clinic had me follow a food plan based on the Canada Food Guide. No sweets or juices allowed. More carbs though than I normally ate. I followed it religiously. I lost 4lbs that week and they freaked out. I ended up having to inject myself with insulin 4 times a day and the amount of food that they wanted me to eat was something else. I also have hashimoto's disease which is a type of hypothyroidism that is hereditary. We had to increase my thyroid medication during pregancy as well. So here I am today with a beautiful 4th old daughter who, despite being born by C-section 2 weeks early, and having a mother that only gained 15lbs, was 8lbs 6oz at birth and incredibly healthy. I was amazed when I stepped on the scale for the first time on Sunday night to see that I am actually 10lbs lighter than when I found out I was pregnant. So... I am starting again trying to have that "40 is the new 30 bod". Mat leave doesn't allow me to indulge in the Dr. B clinic so I am going to try a little atkins again. I lost 50lbs the first time I did it (although I did end up putting 30back). The difference this time around is that I will exercise which I did not do the first time around!

Ilene
03-07-2007, 12:16 AM
ilene I have a friend that lives in Cornwall she moved there about 5 years ago with her hubby and son.If you're ever in Cornwall to visit, let me know and we could have coffee or something...

Ilene
03-07-2007, 12:21 AM
It's wonderful to see all the newbies coming in because we were mentionned in the Oprah mag :woohoo:

Wide in Winnipeg
03-07-2007, 12:35 AM
HI!
I think most of you know me! I'm Wendy mom to Ryan who is 3 years old. We live in Winnipeg,Manitoba and no it is not that cold here, or maybe I'm just used to it by now! I work for the family buisness as a secratary/book keeper and I also sell AVON. Love it, I'll never use anything other than AVON products for the rest of my natural life!
I don't really count calories but I do use fitday to tally everything up so I know what carbs,etc I'm consuming. i have recently learned to love riding my stationary bike and I do my Slim in 6 DVD's and Power 90 DVD's. I have also threw in some strength exercises with free weights that I love doing! Wish I could afford a membership at a gym so i could lift weights all the time!!
Anyhoo, that me in a nut shell. Looking forward to meeting all you Canadians!
Good job getting this stickied, easy to find!!
As for where I hang my hat on this site, you can find me in the "Beat the Bulge" thread, I love that game, and the girls on it!I've been on the featherweights board, and also fat Smash Diet for a spell. Currently doing the 40 Days and 40 nights challenge that has got me on course bigtime!! Thanks to a fellow canadian from out west!Yes, that you Courtnie when you find this Canadian thread!! LOL!

canadian mom
03-07-2007, 07:56 AM
darly~ where in New Brunswick are you from. I live in Fredericton

Ilene~ If I am up that way I will take you upon your offer.

Well the day is off to a bad start our pipes are plugged the only one the hasn't unclogged yet is the tub. If he cannot unclog it before work no big worout for me just walking! :(

meowee
03-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Good Morning to all you Canuk Chickies . . .

Wow, don't know about the rest of the country, but Spring is definitely not Sprung here on the east coast. . . :( Hard to believe we are going to 'Spring Forward' this weekend . . . maybe we should call it 'Snowboard Forward' . . . any other suggestions? ;)

WIDE . . . :hug: Hi girl. Haven't crossed paths with you for a bit. Wow you are doing well. You will be at goal very, very soon. Yippee.

WAM . . . :hug: Glad to have you join us. Boy, it is -23 here this morning, but I imagine that is nothing compared to what you are used to. Glad to see you found us, too.

DARLY . . . :hug: Glad you made it over here girl. See ya later, gator.

ILENE . . . :hug: Morning buddiette. How's the weather and road situation in Cornwall today? See you later -- we always seem to cross paths a couple of times a day.

RBPJ . . . :hug: Welcome to 3FC and Welcome to our little group. Glad to have you with us. Forgive me for being a little pushy, but as a long time Diabetic, I feel very concerned for you. Just about the best thing you can do for yourself is getting the weight off. I've managed to decrease all my meds and my insulin by losing 50 pounds over the last 14 months. BUT . . . IMHO, Atkins might not be the best plan for you. It is important that you balance your carbs and other nutrients pretty carefully over the day and going really low carb might not be the best way. Obviously your Doctor is the best one for you to listen too, not me . . . but you might want to take a look at Sugar Busters or Phase 2 of South Beach. BTW, my SIL lost a lot of weight with Dr. B, also . . . but as soon as she stopped that plan (almost a medical fast), she put it all back on again. It's sad, but true . . . getting fit and healthy has to become your lifelong project. Feel free to drop in and chat with us in the Diabetes Support Forum when you get a chance. Here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203 . . . Okay, lecture is over. :D

My suggestion this morning for all the Newbies . . . as you cruise around the Boards, don't forget to take a look in the Maintainers Forum . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167 . . . you will get some fantastic insight from the members in there . . . right? Ilene? ;)

Anyway . . . happy to say that the FFM was kind to me at my WWI this morning and she took away another pound. It's slow, but it does keep moving, and that's all that is really important . . . :) So, I'm off to a pretty good start this morning, although my BGL was up a little at 6.8 - still within normal range, but a little high for me - probably slept through a little hypo in the middle of the night.

Well, better get out there and do my rounds . . . ;) . . . Hope every one of you has a great moving and shaking kind of day. Just keep on doing the good stuff as much as you possibly can and the rewards are sure to follow, gang . . . :carrot:

MOM . . . :hug: Almost missed you, girl . . . you snuck in while I was posting. Hope the pipes are back to normal soon. Pretty cold up your way too, I hear. Stay warm.

Ilene
03-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Hellooooo my Canuck friends :wave: ....

Things are in a deep freeze here but very sunny, -23c is the temp with -32c windchill.... BRRRRRR.....

I'm off to the gym very soon, afterwards is clean up and shower to go to work this afternoon.... I hope it stays this nice the rest of the day :crossed:

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi!

I'd like to join in here...

My name's Shelby and I live in Edmonton with my boyfriend of 4 years. Lived here my entire life...

I started the South Beach Diet (lifestyle) 8.5 weeks ago, and I *love* it. I feel so good, I've lost 15 pounds, and I know I'm doing great things for my body. I allow myself leeway on one meal a week so that if something comes up or my boyfriend and I want to go to dinner, I can indulge (but not as much as I used to). I found that adding this day in helped me lose weight more than just SB alone... but I guess that could also be because the week I added that in, I also started exercising regularly.

I'm currently exercising 4-5 times a week, 30 minutes on my stationary bike, doing abs, and tyring to get in some weight training a couple of times a week. I'm going to start the Couch to 5K running program as soon as our sidewalks aren't deadly (hopefully next week sometime). I also want to start yoga, pilates, and swimming. I'm excited about exercising and LOVE THAT!! My father has always been obsessive about exercise, so this is something we can bond over, too, which is nice.

Okay, sorry for the novel, I just get excited talking about this stuff cuz I'm really loving my new lifestyle. Can't wait to get to know everyone better!

greeneggsandtam
03-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Hello CanadianLadies!!
I am from Saskatchewan and I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that I have a serious bone to pick with the people over at Environment Canada. They keep telling me it's going to be spring soon. Bah!! :mad:

Anyways I too was led here by Oprah's magazine, which is TOTALLY weird that I even picked it up in the first place. I never read magazines. So this is great. I am at work right now and finished my marking so I have a few minutes to share. I've been going to the gym for a few years and actually started going regularly last year. Hahaha. I guess I had a membership I used once a month. Nice investment :dizzy:
I don't really count calories or anything but my partner and I eat healthfully most of the time. I was saying in another posting how completely messed up my diet used to be. YIKES:eek:
Kraft Dinner; Minute Rice; And Chips were some choice entrees. It just about kills me to admit it.
Anyways if the bloody weather ever breaks here I plan on cycling to work as I did last year. Although that could take a while. haha
Anyways everyone have a great day!!:hug: :hug:

meowee
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi SHELBY . . .:hug: . . . So glad to have you joining us and glad to hear that you are doing so well with South Beach . . . it is definitely a popular plan, and a healthy one. Wow, I really hope your exercise bug is contagious. :o That is definitely not one of my strong points. :(

Hi ANDTAM . . . :hug: . . . A big welcome to you too. We've seen a lot of Oprah readers here recently. Definitely glad you picked up the right issue and found us. Boy, am I ever with you on wanting this Winter to end. :^:

Keep things moving and shaking today, ladies. See you soon. :carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Its amazing how many people have seen up in the Oprah mag! How exciting!
Just plugging along here today, I feel like I just don't have the strength to do the exercise today but I will get it done! Not enough food for energy today I assume, better look into that.
Have a great day all!

canadian mom
03-07-2007, 05:49 PM
RA~ You said you live in Edmonton. What part? I ask cause I lived there for a couple of years (don't tell the hubby but I do miss it a bit). My cousin still lives there she has lives there for about 9 years now i think ahe moved there when her then bf got transfered(military) she is now divorced and I hear getting married again.

Oh almost forgot my pipes are unthawed now :yay: we now can shower!

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I live on the South side, University area, but grew up in St. Albert. I really like Edmonton... but both DBF and I would much prefer to be in Vancouver. I just don't think that it will ever be financially feasible, KWIM?

canadian mom
03-07-2007, 06:34 PM
How old are you? If you don't mind. I know your name is all that unpopular but my cousin had a friend nabed Shelby. I used to live on Griesbach base (when they started to move and build the new hoses) my hubby had a coworker who who lived in st albert (can remember his mane for the life of me)

Newlifestyle
03-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi all, I am from Ontario.
I hope you are all doing well. I am currently on weight watchers.

RBPJ
03-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the advice meowee, it is always welcome. I will check out the sites you mentioned. I sometimes feel that Atkins gets a bad rap though. It is only the first two weeks that are radical. After that the advice is quite sound. Keep adding carbs back in everyweek in increments until you hit the week where you don't lose any weight. That is your threshold and your carb intake should be just under that. The book also says that you must exercise everyday and that you should gradually keep increasing your activity. As well, there is a carb hierarchy when it comes to increasing them and it is fruit and veggies first and the more comprehensive starches last. This is really just to kick start me. I find it pretty easy to follow. I have my husband and mother doing it with me as well so we keep each other motivated. I work closely with my doctor and my Endocrinologist. My doctor said that he doesn't care how I lose the weight as long as I do although he did not like Dr. B. My Endocrinologist told me that the post partum glucose intolerance test showed that my sugars had gone back to normal but that I really needed to concentrate on losing weight because the gestational diabetes shows that I am at higher risk for developing adult onset diabetes. Trust me, I am motivated for a lifestyle change! I have no desire to have to prick myself with insulin before every meal. Any way, appreciate the info and I will definitely check out the sites you have recommended.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-08-2007, 12:18 AM
:wave: Hi everyone ... wow, it's nice to see so many new Canadian faces; seems a new one arrives almost every day.

:welcome: ... to all of you. I'm managing to stay OP (on plan) very well; and I joined a March Madness Excercise Thread. I am finding it fun trying to match and/or beat my goal (however modest) for the month. One thing I really like about this place, is that we may get and give tips and advice, but we can all do our own thing; whatever works best for us ...

I'm doing a portion/cal thing myself; it's workin' for me. I'm adding new stuff to my informal exercise plan as often as I can. Some days are better than others, but I'm doing well overall. Have a great week ladies; will check in again soon ... Rosebud. :hug:

cupcake84
03-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey everyone!
I got half way through a post on here last night and my power flickered, for the 3rd time last night, so I just gave up and went to bed.:dizzy:

Since everyone else is sharing what plan they are on I might as well share mine? haha
Im basically just counting calories, making sure *most of them* come from fruits veggies, lean proteins and "good" carbs(mostly whole grain stuff) and I do allow myself to have "treats", like the no sugar added bryers vanilla ice cream. sooo good, that is my fave one haha. Im trying to drink lots and lots of water, and attempting to do some sort of exercize, it hasnt been working out the last few weeks, but hopefully I will be able to find somemore time

Anyways, I hope everyone has a good day! Im not sure I will since I have to leave my house today to go to Antigonish for a Dr's appointment and its -18 out :o

Ruthxxx
03-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Big :wave: at my fellow Canadians!

Ilene
03-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Good morning fellow Canucks :wave:

And a great big :welcome: to all the newbies floating in, the more the merrier...

Yesterday wasn't one of my best food days but today is a new day... In a few minutes I'm going for a good long run...afterwards I will go to the gym do work on back and biceps... Food WILL be on plan today even if I go out tonight with my g/f to celebrate her birthday ... I'll have a glass of wine and that's IT!!

Later all, gotta get running TTFN :wave:

meowee
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi Gang . . .

Beautiful sunny day out there this morning, but it is cold. Once again, I have to say that I know Spring will eventually get here, just wish it would hurry up. :(

Nothing too exciting on my agenda . . . another Vet trip . . . between my 3 cats and my friends 7 dogs and 1 cat, it seems I'm always taking somebody in there (my friend doesn't drive). Probably do a little bit of a mall crawl (it does count as extra exercise, in my book anyway ;) ). Other than that, just planning for a good OP day.

Hi NEWLIFESTYLE . . . :hug: Welcome to our little group. I'm originally from Ontario. Glad to have you with us and hope you will be chattring with us often not wthat you've found us. :D

Sorry I ranted on you the other day, RBPJ . . . :hug: I know Atkins has changed a lot since the original 'eat a pound of butter at every meal' version that was around about 30 years ago. Just don't forget to follow the full plan because I've also bumped into girls around here, that think they want to stay on the Induction phase forever. :(

Here's a great big :grouphug: for the rest of you. Hope you have a great moving and shaking day. See you all really soon. :carrot:

greeneggsandtam
03-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Gah!! Missed going to the gym this morning. Completley slept in, and due to that, missed breakfast. I'm telling ya, when it rains it pours. Lol.

So... I grabbed an apple, banana, yogurt and a granola bar for the morning. Okay so I'm now having a mid-morning feast it would seem. It's funny, you know I really admire these people who are organized, and I give an effort to plan my days so I can avoid using our gross cafeteria, but I thwart my own efforts more often than not. I need a personal assistant.:lol:

Maybe I can get in a walk later or go to the gym after supper. I hate that. It's all filled with the cool, athletic, muscley crowd. Anyways my prep is done and my grade nines are here....

Everyone have a great day!!
Tammy

razz318
03-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Morning Ladies:
I like this Canadian forum, I didn't see it yesterday when I joined, as to weather on the 6th tomorrow and the weekend is looking great. I will have to get my butt out the door and get moving. My scales are looking good today, I actually started eating right about a week ago when my doctor said I have borderline high blood pressure and have to eat right and exercise more. That ugly scale was not so ugly this morning, down from 232 to 228, yay for me..

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-08-2007, 01:12 PM
How old are you? If you don't mind. I know your name is all that unpopular but my cousin had a friend nabed Shelby. I used to live on Griesbach base (when they started to move and build the new hoses) my hubby had a coworker who who lived in st albert (can remember his mane for the life of me)

No, I don't mind you asking! I'm 25.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Im basically just counting calories, making sure *most of them* come from fruits veggies, lean proteins and "good" carbs(mostly whole grain stuff) and I do allow myself to have "treats", like the no sugar added bryers vanilla ice cream. sooo good, that is my fave one haha. Im trying to drink lots and lots of water, and attempting to do some sort of exercize, it hasnt been working out the last few weeks, but hopefully I will be able to find somemore time

They have NO SUGAR ADDED ICE CREAM? Oh. My. Goodness. Is it good? Where do you get it? I've never seen this!!! NEED SOME! :p

meowee
03-08-2007, 01:16 PM
OMG, TAMMY . . . when I moved down here from Ontario, I discovered that most stores and businesses were only open during the same hours as when I was at work . . . not a problem for most of the local population because most of the wives didn't work. Nova Scotia only decided to allow sunday shopping this past October, for goodness sake. Talk about needing a personal assistant. :dizzy:

Hi RAZZ . . . welcome to our world, Chickie. So glad you found us. Great work getting the scale to cooperate. Keep up the great work. You;ve definitely taken a great first couple of steps on the long and winding road to better health and fitness, by coming to 3FC . . . you will love it around here. Everybody is so supportive.

Well, I'd better get doing something constructive before the whole day disappears on me. Keep things moving and shaking. :carrot:

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Sorry, double-posted.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Not having a great start to my morning... woke up at 6:15, said, "I'm wayyyy too tired today to get up and work out", and went back to sleep for an hour. I've been really good about listening to my body, and I find that when I DON'T listen to it, I end up wishing I had. So I'm not really mad about that, cuz I'll still take the office dog for a walk at lunch, but it didn't start my day out the way I wanted to. Got up, realized I have HORRIBLE cramps. Icky. Then was making my lunch (running a little late) and sliced my thumb while cutting up a mushroom. Bleah. So I'm tired, crampy, and my finger hurts/has an annoying band-aid on it because it's in an awkward spot that's hard to dress. Oh, and whiny. Did I mention whiny? :D

meowee
03-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes, SHELBY, there is a NSA ice cream out there, and yes it is good, and yes there is even a NSA frozen yogurt (much less fat than ice cream) which I just love.

One word of warning . . . they are sweetened with Maltitol (what is called a sugar alcohol, although it is not related to either sugar or alcohol) and they do have a little side effect for most people. If you don't watch how much you eat, they can make you very 'gassy' and for some people, they even cause the old 'runny-tummy' problem.

Usually you'll find both in the normal ice-cream section. Not exactly a plethora of different flavours, though.

Feel better soon. Hope the rest of the day (and week) goes better for you.

meowee
03-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Forgot were I was for a minute in that last post . . . I don't usually mention Canadian brands because most people don't have access to them . . . but hey . . . CHAPMANS offers both NSA ice cream and the NSA frozen yogurt. Can't speak for points West but down here, Atlantic Super Store (Zehrs) carries both Chapmans and Bryers.

Ilene
03-08-2007, 03:26 PM
:welcome: Razz, where in Ontario are you? I'm in Cornwall....

Had a great 7k run this morning in -26 windchill, brrrrrr, but I dressed in all the winter running clothes I own and I wasn't cold at all :carrot: ... After my run I still felt energetic to I went to the gym and did a great back workout :strong: ... It's all good :D ... Now gotta shower, I stink!!

Puncezilla
03-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi Fellow Canadians! I live in edmonton. I am on a lowcarb plan, I had to stop eating grains due to ceiliacs. I'v also cut out sugar, rice & potatoes, etc... for now. And am exercizing most days.
I am also doing the biggest loser challenge in the exercise forum.

canadian mom
03-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Well I took my 4 kids to the movies today. It was my 2 and 4 year olds first movies. I took them to 2. It is March break here and they are only 2$ so i could't pass it up. They did well , a heck of alot better than I thought they would. There was alady sitting behind me during Happy Feet and she was a little annoyed that there were kids in the theater making noise, First of all it is March break #2 you are at a kids movie where the kids grossly out number adults.Ok that is the extent of my rant.

RA~ Do you know a girl named Andrea.

Rockie86
03-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Wow, I've got to make time to come here more often! Haha guess we're almost neighbors too - I'm in Antigonish! My home home is in New Minas though, I'm in the nish for school. I'm procrastinating at the moment but I'll be back tomorrow! :D

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-08-2007, 08:20 PM
RA~ Do you know a girl named Andrea.

Bwahahahaha!! That totally made me think of the Molson Canadian commercial a few years back where the guy's like "Oh, you're from Canada? Do you know Bob? He works in an office?" and they're like, "Oh, yeah... Bob... he died." Sorry, it just totally cracked me up.

I've known two Andreas in my life... one I went to school with and one who was a year younger than me, my babysitter's daughter.

srmb60
03-09-2007, 10:02 AM
It is absolutely beautiful and sunny here this morning. And it's supposed to be above freezing for a few days!

I'm cross-posting because I've had a reflective morning and feel very good about something. If you've read my meaderings already in calorie counters ... skip me ;)

I'm in a bit of a mood today. Oh it's a good mood, honest.
It's not that I've been particularly good. I haven't. Although I have exercised ... it's been spotty, short sessions without much sweat. I'm averaging around 1500 cals but percentages are out the window.
All that seems to be at cross purposes with my motto.
And yet ... I'm losing about 3/4 lbs a week and shrinking nicely.
I'm encouraged by this ... for me and on behalf of those who don't know where to start.
You don't have to do everything perfectly or even right.
There's room for error.
There's room for improvement.
Yes, I'm encouraged by that.

hefty1
03-09-2007, 10:03 AM
:wave: looks like we need more people outside of ns so we don't slide into the ocean :lol:
meryl where did you live in sask.
glen

meowee
03-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Good Morning . . .

It's another sunny, but cold, morning here in Atlantic Canada. Wish I could just stay in all day, but that is not to be . . . Oh well, could be worse . . . could be cloudy and cold. :(

Hi PUNCEZILLA :hug: . . . Hi ROCKY :hug: . . . Hi HEFTY :hug: . . . So glad to see you all found us. Our Crazy Canuk Club is definitely growing on 3FC. Yippee. Hope we will be seeing you all really often.

Big :grouphug: for all the rest. Sorry no more time to chat right now. Got to get into the shower and then out the door, but I'll be back later. Hope everyone has a great moving and shaking day planned. See you soon. :carrot:

Ruthxxx
03-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Dead on, Glen! Let's round up some central Canada folks!

By the way, I have seven Andreas on my email list and must know at least 100 Bobs, several of them dead. Too funny!

Hey! Spring is coming here tomorrow for sure. It had darn well better stick around or suffer the wrath of Ruth!

Ilene
03-09-2007, 11:28 AM
... and we wouldn't want to suffer the wrath of Wuth ;) ...

It's all good on the Eastern Ontario front, a bit cold at the moment but looking to warm up :dance: about time I say!!

Been to the gym already this am, now I'm off to shower and get ready for work...

greeneggsandtam
03-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Good Morning Eh!
hhahaha I've been dying to do that for two days.:D
This morning has been lovely so far! I've been to the gym and actually got up in time enough to do both a bit of cardio and a bit of weight training. So I'm feeling great.
What are your thoughts on this: Most weekdays I have an alarming amount of snacks in the morning. They're all healthy, but geez, this morning alone, I've had b'fast - toast, an apple, a banana, a granola bar and I was just about to tuck into a yogurt too. I mean I think I've just gotten into a habit of snacking all morning long. Goodness! I don't think there's too much harm being done and I'm never really ravenous by lunch time, but my partner looked at me as though I was crazy when I packed my snacks for the day and it looked like a giant sized lunch bag.
Maybe I'll just save the yogurt for lunchtime.
Susan - I agree with something you wrote on another thread about how posting here can make you more accountable for what you do on a daily basis than you would otherwise! Yessss. The yogurt is safe for another few hours...

Okay must go plan for third period.....
Everyone have a great day!!Eh.
Okay I promise to quit doing that!!
Tammy

Ruthxxx
03-09-2007, 12:46 PM
It's OK, eh. My aunt got into trouble in buying shoes in the States. She asked, "Could I have this in a five, eh?" She's a C width and never did manage to get shoes that fit. She realized it when she got home.

Ilene
03-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Tammy - my take on snacks is that we do need them. I eat 5-6 mini meals/day, but I make sure that there are at least 2 hours in between them and I always eat a portion of protein and carb at each of those mini mieals. Maybe you are constantly snacking because you don't have any protein in there. My favourite snack is cottage cheese and fruit or a protein shake with a banana, or sometimes I just have some chicken breast and veggies, why not, I'm hungry so I eat...

Ruth, that's too cute, eh?

cupcake84
03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
RidiculiouslyAddicted- sorry I didnt post sooner but things have been crazy around here- the no sugar added ice cream i get is from bryers, the vanilla has 80 cals for 1/2 a cup 5 grams of fat, 11 carbs and 3 protien, thats in vanilla. Im pretty sure I got it at the superstore, out west i think they are real canadian superstore or something, i cant remember lol

meowee-chapmans has nsa frozen yogurt? do you know how many cals. MMM I LOVE ICE CREAM im the ice cream monster lol

meowee
03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Okay . . . for everybody else, these are going to seem like pretty weirdly explicit instructions . . .

Hi CUPCAKE :hug: . . . As you face the freezer in the store, open the door one to the left of where the Bryers NSA ice cream is . . . the Chapmans NSA Frozen Yogurt is just about eye-level . . . 1 litre, round containers, white with a blue flower on the front . . . but be sure to read the name because their NSA ice cream is in just about the same container. Don't have any at the moment, so can't quote you the exact nutritional breakdown.

. . . :s: Meryl and I shop at the same Atlantic Super Store in New Glasgow. It's the only one in the area. :lol3:

Oh, BTW, did you happen to notice that Glen (Hefty1) asked where you lived in Saskatchewan? I know I almost missed it, hidden under that crack about all the Nova Scotians tipping us into the ocean. :o Don't ignore our resident Rooster, girl. It's an asset for every little group of 'cluckers' to have one. They are few and far between around here. :D

greeneggsandtam
03-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks Ilene;
I never thought of that. You're most likely right. Maybe I'll give it a go with the yogurt earlier on in the day and add an egg or something. But you're right if you're hungry; eat.

Ruth; that's hilarilious!! 5A...:D
Weekend Goals:
Get to the gym at least once out of the two days for a little cardio.:woops:
Limit my usually over-indulgent wine intake.:cheers:
Do some artwork!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Tammy

babybran
03-09-2007, 07:28 PM
hey... i just joined the other day and meowee told me this is canadain one...lol... i am in alberta... had a bad day at a doctor's office... friend asked me what i was going to do - eat healthier, eat less, exercise... i told her kill the doctor.. much easier... lol... but the day at the doctors embarrassed me and i don't know why... when i was preggo with my little girl, the doctor i had poked my belly and said he had a lot of "padding" to work with... that didn't embarrass me or make me cry... but this doctor called me fat... maybe that was what it was... anyways i am rambling now... i am going to do slimfast for a little bit just to get me a little more energized and stuff while working out and then it will be eating better and exercise and all that good stuff... hope to talk to you all soon...

cupcake84
03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
thanks meowee- i would have missed that, im getting old i guess :o
I will have to look next time I am at the superstore, how could I miss that? haha

glen- I lived in Estevan, but stayed in Regina for about 2.5 months when my son was born. I hated Estevan, but Regina was really a very nice city. Are you from Saskatchewan?

karwie
03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Hi Canada, I've been looking for anyone who has tried/heard of hypnosis for weight loss. Trying to stop thinking about food All THE TIME...there is a Chinese Herbalist in the city who can do the deed.

Anyone?

Ilene
03-09-2007, 08:35 PM
:welcome: babybran and karwie

Ilene
03-09-2007, 08:37 PM
karwie -- The only thing I've heard about hypnosis for losing weight or quitting smoking is that if you really don't have the mind set to quit or lose weight it won't work... I guess it's the same without hypnosis, you're mind has to be into it... Losing weight is all in our heads IMHO...

karwie
03-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanx for the welcome...ha, I just got the cartoon weigh-o-meter working today, can't wait to have time to figure out the blinking things!
I should probably be posting in the 'absolutely in LOVE with eating' forum, or maybe the 'yeah, yeah, I know, I know..." chat room. Its weird but I always gain weight when I diet, I figure because I'm thinking about what to eat, what not to eat, what I ate, what's in the fridge, etc. Any time I have lost a significant amount I didn't realize it until my clothes were falling off. Seriously, who was it that said we have to find a way to trick ourselves? Maybe this will be my trick. It's not expensive, but am I missing something? Do you think I should be more wary, afraid even??

karwie

srmb60
03-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Good morning. It's kinda gloomy here today. Rain is forecast I think. Hmmm, I've walked in the rain before.

Karwie ... I'm gonna jump in with a gentle request. But first about the fear ... I don't think hypnosis can make you do anything you wouldn't normally do. Don't be afraid of that. OK now ... I'd like to you just take a week or so and stick with us. Come to 3FC and read whenever you can. If you feel like eating too much ... come to us. If you don't feel like exercising ... come to us.
Just try our help for free ... before you spend money on something questionable, OK?

meowee
03-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug: Hope everybody has fun and active plans for the weekend.

Glad you made it over here BABYBRAN and a great big welcoming :hug: for you KARWIE. So glad you found us and 3FC.

I have to agree with what has already been said about hypnosis . . . don't know if it can really help, but I don't think it can hurt . . . half the battle with any kind of addiction (and I think most of us agree you can put food in that category) is psychological; so if you believe that hypnosis is the winning ingredient in your particular weight-loss recipe, it will be. :)

Now, having said that, I also think SusanB has given a really great bit of advice. Try us first, we're cheaper, and we're here for you pretty much 24/7. ;)

Not too much planned for my weekend . . . the temps are supposed to go all the way up to freezing today. Yippee. The sun is a bit spotty, but mostly it's here. :cool: Have to get going for a run to Superstore . . . all the talk about Chapman's NSA Frozen Yogurt has me :drool: and, although my high-protein oatmeal pancake was marvellous this morning (originally one of Ilene's recipes, I think), it has not completely filled the want-it-void -- oh, need catfood, too -- 2 of my 3 are rather partial to the PC brand of canned food -- the other one eats only dry food (and people-tuna, if he can get it).

So . . . off I go for the shower and then for the shopping run. Hope you all have a great day of doing the good stuff just as much as you possibly can, gang . . . see you later. :carrot:

canadian mom
03-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Well my oldest DD has a b-day party today my mom is driving her there but I will be walking to pick her up. It is georgous here today so it will be a nice walk I will be pushing a double jogging stroller also with about 60 pounds worth of kids in it. It will be about a 20-30 min walk cause I have to take the long way out of the mini home park because of snow and the rec center has a REALLY long driveway. I really do not want to do anything cause TOM is here.

babybran
03-10-2007, 01:59 PM
thanks for the welcome... i just started today with the slimfast... don't feel too bad with it... not sure how much exercise i can get in today as i have to wait for a guy to fix out three doors today... see how that goes... lol... but it is beautiful here today... blue skies.. i am going to see if i can get my mom to help out with getting zoo passes here so i can get out... at least i don't have to pay for my kid til she turns three in july... expensive passes... lol... oh well... gets me out walking and playing...

cupcake84
03-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone, hope you all are having a good day!

Today my hubby decided since we bought me a standard car yesterday I should learn how to drive it, he took me over to the PEI ferry wharf ( theres a huge parking lot with no cars there this time of year) and let me drive. I got pretty good at it after about an hour, except for the occasional stall and going into the wrong gear :o so hopefully with a few more lessons I will be able to take it out on my own :carrot: woohoo....and plus, i figure with all that shifting and pushing in the clutch it must at least burn a FEW more calories than driving an automatic haha
:dizzy:

hefty1
03-10-2007, 05:40 PM
cupcake i'min toronto but i lived in regina 35 years ago. i have reletive in carnduff which is 30 min west of estavan.

meowee
03-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Happy Sunday Morning . . . :hug:

Seems even quieter than normal around here this weekend . . . I definitely seem to be talking to myself. :o

Also notice that this little time change is quite haphazard. My computer didn't make the automatic change; 3FC didn't make the automatic change; the local TVGuide channel didn't make it; but the Weather station did; and the local radio station managed. I've seen a few news blubs this morning, from both US and Canadian stations that have their visible time-stamp still on Standard. This is shaping up to be more fun than that infamous Y2K fiasco that never quite materialized. :D

Anyway, gang . . . hope you are having a really fun weekend wherever (and whenever) you are. Have a great moving and shaking kind of day and I'll hope to see you all tomorrow. :carrot:

canadian mom
03-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I know what you mean my computer changed but my cell phone hasn't and I have one of those stupid cell phones you cannot change yourself :p . I guess when I go out I will ahve to remember to go by my watch (if I remember to wear it.

It is rainy here but warm. I am sick and TOM is here I WANT TO GO BACK TO BED but the hubby is working.

Rockie86
03-11-2007, 12:00 PM
lol completely forgot about the time change!! Luckily I didn't have to get up early today for anything, because I definitely didn't reset my alarm clock. My computer and cell phone changed on their own though, thankfully, since I don't have a clue how to change either of them. Today's my weigh in day and I am down to 154! Yay! :D It's a really nice day here, sunny with some clouds... and warm!! +8!! Warmest it's been in months... I am taking advantage and going for a walk... if I can finish that paper and lab report that are due... lol :p

Ruthxxx
03-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Who has snow and who has mud?

I still have about six inches of snow and ice but my lane is slowly turning into mud! I had it dug up in two places in February due to well problems and am not looking forward to the mess. The snowbanks on either side of the lane are made of snow, ice, clay soil and big rocks that the front end loader dug up to get at the well! I am going to need a load of gravel but won't be able to get to that until the frost leaves the ground.

Enjoy the start of Spring wherever you are!

ChantyKitty
03-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Hello!
My name is Chantal and I live in Dieppe,New Brunswick.For my exercise regimen I walk a Samoyed Dog.Fot my diet,well I'm going to join back Weight Watchers on Monday.
For the mud or snow question:Its raining right now...the snow is melting and its getting very muddy.

Chantal aka ChantyKitty:carrot:

Ilene
03-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi :wave: Chantal :welcome:

Our computer changed by itself and DDs phone changed too, ours must have I haven't checked yet though...

Just back from a 10k run :dance: it was awesome!! I'm a sloooooww poke though took me an hour and 18 mins :shrug: so what I felt like an elite athlete in my mind anyways :lol: ...

No big plans for me today... Later I'll go swimming too... There's some laundry to be done too I guess I'll tackle that...

Puncezilla
03-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Good Afternoon!
There are so many of us here I can hardly keep up with all the posts. It is nice here today, we still have a lot of snow but its been melting like crazy for the last 4 days. so there is water everywhere too.
Yesterday I went to dinner and a movie with my DH and his grandparents, I stayed OP all night and was down to 213.5lbs this morning!
Have a great day!
Jolene

canadian mom
03-11-2007, 06:51 PM
my cell changed around lunch time. I see grass here plus a lot of snow and some mud. my heat hasn't kicked on all day yay spring is coming!

ChantyKitty
03-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey!Guess what girls?I did something today that I'm really proud of.I went at my friend's house and I didn't eat anything.Usually I'd eat alot of their junk food.I didn't have any of their frozen chocolate bars,cakes or candy.This is the first time in 2 years.It was hard at first.I craved frozen chocolate but I waited 5 minutes,then another...and the cravings passed.I ate before going to my friend's house.I brought a diet pop with me.This soda filled me up.Also I went to the restaurant with my mom and I didn't order any carrot cake.I had no desert.whooooo..This is good...I'm ok...I didn't die cuz I didn't have any binges....whoooo...this is a big deal for me.I'm gona write this on my calendar.:dust:

ChantyKitty
03-11-2007, 07:43 PM
:cheer: Thats amazing Ilene...a 10k run!You go girl!!!!

Ilene
03-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Jolene -- :bravo: on staying OP when you were out :woohoo: that's an accomplishment ...

I am exhausted like I said earlier I ran 10 this morning, then ran 2.5k to get to the pool where I swam for 30 mins... I'm pooped...

traceycanada
03-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi Everyone,
I found this site (by my own lucky chance) a day or so ago and joined up right away!

I am 32 yrs old, married w/ 1 daughter and we live in New Brunswick Canada - :D Hello fellow Canadians!! :wave:

My turning point was about 3 weeks ago...a little RUDE boy at my daughters daycare said BOY ARE YOU FAT....then a week after, I broke a patio chair (yes, it was old..but still..) and a week ago my DR told me I had 50% chance of developing type 2 diabetes due to having diabetes when I was pregnant almost 3yrs ago.

My current weight as of last Monday (March 5th) was 224 lbs. Way too much for my 5"3 frame. :(

So - now I'm following weight watchers. I've got the books & am following the points system. I've journaled what I ate all week and never once went over my points (yeah me!).

I love trying new recipes so I'm happy to find Fat Chicks has a recipe section, I love trying new things. My hubby is quite supportive and will eat pretty much anything I put in front of him (thank heavens!)...so I'm sure he'll lose some in my challenge as well.

My long term goal is to get down to 160 (the weight when I met my husband almost 13 years ago). It's not my "ideal" weight, but I think it's an attainable goal...maybe once I get there I'll go for another goral but I think that's a good one for now.

I love reading the success stories on here, they are so inspiring....

If anyone has any good reciepes they'd like to share, or journal websites to track food/progress -please PM & share!

Take care :)

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
:wave: ... Hi Everyone ... and :welcome: to all the newbie Canadians!!!

Glad to see everyone is so energetic and motivated here. I had a pretty busy week; managed to stay OP and got lots more exercise thanx to Heather's March Madness Exercise thread. Boy, I needed the nudge.

Last Thursday and today, I went ski-walking for the first times; it's a lot of fun and really helps me with my balance. I also did weights and some RTM's (stetching & toning reps); plus my regular daily walks as well.

TRACY, I tried a new recipe called Tortilla Pizzas today. I have always been a pizza lover, but was forgoing them to lose weight. But with these, you don't have all those heavy dough cals from regular crusts. I used the 8" whole wheat tortillas; even DH just loved them. For toppings, I used sauce, turkey pepparoni, olives, and mozza; baked on a cookie sheet at 400F until the cheese melted; man, are they good. Had my xtra-low-cal version of apple crisp for our Sunday night dessert.

Things were melting here for us today & low temps too. I think spring is coming early, even here in Canada ... yahooooo! I'm glad cuz this winter was so cold here; my face almost froze off; even DH hated to go outside much, and he's the outdoorsy type.

Anyways, hope you all have a great week; keep on keepin' on, and take extremely good care of yourselves ~ a fellow encourager ... Rosebud. :hug:

ChantyKitty
03-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi all

I'm wondering...

I weight 281 pounds and I want to reach my goal weight of 130pounds.This will be a 150lbs weight loss...I'm afraid my skin will stretch out and I'll need surgery to put my sagging skin back in place.Would lifting weights prevent it?A combination of aerobic exercise and lifting weights?I know slow and steady weight loss is the best way...

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Ilene
03-12-2007, 12:22 AM
traceycanada :welcome:

ChantyKitty -- Let me direct your enquiry about skin to this section of the forum Weight Loss And Skin FAQs (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040&highlight=maintainers+skin)

meowee
03-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Well it's Monday . . . but I do hesitate to say Good Morning . . . OMG I do not do well with time changes. My mind/body reaction always seems way out of proportion to the actual event. (No, I don't travel well either - only takes one or two time zones to knock me out of action for days).

Yesterday afternoon . . . I couldn't stay awake. Last night . . . I couldn't go to sleep. About 2 am, I decided lots of NSA ice cream would help -- it didn't. :o Finally got about 3 hours sleep and was up and raring to go at 5:30. Oh well, I usually get my act together in a few days. :D

:welcome2: CHANTAL :hug: and TRACEY :hug: . So glad you found our little group. Really looking forward to chatting with you as we all make our way down the winding path to better health and fitness together.

Big :grouphug: for everybody else. So glad to see you all. :)

Well, think I'd better get myself dressed and out for an early Mall Crawl today. May be my only hope for staying awake for a bit. :o Okay, gang, hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day of doing the good stuff just as much as you possibly can. See you later, gaters. :carrot:

Ilene
03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Good morning Linda :coffee:

So far the change hasn't bothered me, usually it does but not this year yet... The plan for today is to make it to the gym then maybe go to Cosco with DD she's off school this week, just her and I are off so we'll do just stuff, like having lunch, shopping, having lunch, shopping... Do you see a trend here girls? :lol:

Ok I'm off...

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Morning!

The time change doesn't bother me; most of the time I'm so busy in my own head I don't really notice. Same with the weather, although I'm working on that. :)

I'm going to work really hard at staying OP this week and making myself feel better, because I feel like I've been slowly slipping, and although I'm still seeing losses, I don't feel AS great as I have been in the last couple of months. Wow... I've been doing South Beach for 64 days now. That's really incredible to me!

Hope everyone has a great day (it seems like I had more to say when I started posting, but my brain isn't quite working yet...)!

hommer
03-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Hello everyone. I just found this section for canadians but have been a lurker of 3 fat chicks for awhile. I seem to start a diet and then get off track easilyI am 42 years old and my weight is 218. I like to follow the south beach diet. These last few weeks have been difficult for me - my daughter left for the RCMP academy in Regina - I live in northern Ontario and I have indulged in overeating and cannot continue:o, so I need to focus and try to lose some weight. I did not realize how hard it would be to let one of your children go (she is the first) to leave the nest, I am sure it will be worse when my son leaves I only have the two children - my husband just shakes his head and say you should be happy for them - I am but it is still hard. Back to the diet I am going to the grocery store today to stock up on the heathy stuff and will attempt to start again tomorrow. Wouldn't it be great to show up at my daughter graduation from the RCMP in Aug 60-80 pounds lighter:) she would be soooo shocked and that is my GOAL;)

greeneggsandtam
03-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Good Morning Canadianas!!

Man I'm in such a good mood this morning! I made it to the gym both days on the weekend and I thought this morning as I contemplated my running shoes...NAH...and enjoyed a tasty tasty cup'o'joe. :coffee:

Sometime in the frozen month of January I think my brain actually froze:dizzy: :lol: and I signed up and paid for a triathalon training course through the Y. It's something I never ever would have done otherwise, so the brain freeze explanation is the only thing I can come up with. I am so excited and nervous about it, I can hardly wait. Its supposed to be for absolute beginners, so I am hoping they mean, like REAL ABSOLUTE beginners, like me. Ya gotta start somewhere..
Anyways I should go and plan for my lovely grade nines..

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Tammy

greeneggsandtam
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Hommer - here's a hug!!:hug:
Good job on stocking up on the healthy foods. :carrot:
I have to do that too today. It seems we're out of veggies and fruit as of last night...

Newlifestyle
03-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Hello all
I hope all is well with everyone. I am doing well sticking to exercise and on plan. I hope I will finally lose weight. I have been maintaining my weight, but I go through stages like that. Oh well just wanted to say hello to everyone.
Take Care
Ann

ChantyKitty
03-12-2007, 04:50 PM
I have these silly thoughts in my head.Will people still like me when I have lost all of my 150pounds?Will I get cocky and show-off?My fat is a form of protection...Its difficult to explain...I think that since I am fat I can hide and people don't expect anything from me...but what if I'm a healthy size?I won't be able to hide anymore...I know its weird.I imagine myself being a healthy 130lbs...I'll be doing many new things...new things that I cant do now beause of my obesity...change scares the heck out of me...:shrug:

Chantal

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/cartoonblob01/lb/280/130/280/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

meowee
03-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi HOMMER :hug: and :welcome2: to the group. It's not easy letting them learn to fly on their own; but believe me (although I know it's hard right now), eventually you will wonder why you couldn't kick them out of the nest sooner ;). Just put the food indulgences behind you and start planning for the new outfit you will wear for your DD's graduation ceremony.

Hi ILENE -- definitely a pattern developing -- have fun.:hug: Hi SHELBY -- keep up the good work, chickie. :hug: Hi TAMMY -- Wow, good luck on the Triathlon training; very impressive undertaking, girl. :hug: Hi ANN -- When you keep doing the good stuff, kiddo, the weight will just have to back off. give it time. :hug: Hi CHANTAL -- no need to try to explain, my dear; I understand exactly what you mean and I'm sure many others do too. Change is scarey . . . but this is good change . . . and you will be even more lovable for it; because you will love yourself better. :hug:

Also a big :grouphug: and a resounding HI to everybody else. Well, I think it is still Monday. I had a great little shopping trip, but I did have a nap when I got home and it felt good. Hope I still sleep tonight. :dizzy: See you later, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking this evening. :carrot:

srmb60
03-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I had a nap too! Now, it's supper time and I got nuthin' .... oh, yes ... I could be working on that but .... had to see what the Chicks were up to first.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Morning!

Sent BF to go grocery shopping yesterday... a bit of a mistake. He (for some unknown reason) bought two HUGE bags of green beans -- spent $14 on them (one bag was Europe's Best, expensive ones). He also bought a HUGE bag of frozen berries ($15, Europe's Best again), when we hardly ever use them! Bought himself little treats that weren't on the list, like fudgesicles and havarti. *sigh* We're on a really strict budget, so that means that I REALLY have to watch what I spend the next couple of weeks, and on my Costco trip tomorrow. All in all though, I suppose I shouldn't complain. He only forgot one thing on the list, and "only" overspent by $25... which won't kill us in the long run, right? I should just be happy that he was more than willing to go for me. Sorry, just needed to vent about that a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day!

canadian mom
03-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I just do the shopping if I don't he calls me every 2 seconds or keeps me on the phone while shopping (he did this the last time we didn't need much and I thiought he could handle it boy was I wrong) So now I just do it in a round about way I end up doing it either way. Althought he does stick to the list quite well he will bring himself and the kids something but it is usually the cheapest chips he could find.

Ilene
03-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I should sent my hubby shopping all the time because he looks at the bargains and I don't, my bad!!

Today it's nice here but it may rain later, I hope not I want to run with my running group, I've already made it to the gym for back and biceps...After running it's swimming... So it's a full day...

DD is home this week, I may have mentionned that earlier, I have no idea what :queen: will want to do... and she IS a :queen:

ChantyKitty
03-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I am proud of myself.Today I didn't binge at the mall.All I had was a Skinny Chocolate chiller from Second Cup.Its cocoa powder,skim milk and ice cubes all crushed together in a blender.Its low fat.I had cravings and I kept telling myself that I'll feel better if I dont overeat.Usually I would have eaten a medium Blizzard,A Big Mac,Large Fries,Large drink,9 inch garlic finger,chicken fried rice,fried wontons,fried chicken from KFC and another ice cream...oh yeah an thats usually eaten in one hour...all of it.I must have 4 stomachs like a cow.I have saved over 30$ in money and I wont feel bad about myself.Victory!!!Yay!!!:D

Chantal
:encore: :dust: [SIZE="3"]

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Woo hoo Chantal! Great job; you must feel awesome for resisting all of that temptation!

Question about the skinny chocolate chiller -- isn't there some sort of sweetener in there at all? With just cocoa powder, ice, and milk, it would taste gross... do they use sugar free chocolate syrup?

srmb60
03-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Speaking of sugar free chocolate syrup ... anybody find some in Ontario?

canadian mom
03-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Greta job Chantal!!! You should put that 30$ savings away for when you need a new wardrobe with all the weight you will be loosing.

greeneggsandtam
03-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Nice work Chanty!!
I didn't bring enough for lunch today; or so I seemed to think, and got a big giant cinnamon bun from the cafeteria.:devil: But then I also split it in half and shared it with a colleague, so not so much harm done.
The stupid thing about it is that I still have an orange left and it's almost time to go home.:(
I guess I could have just had the orange....

It's funny what I tell myself when I really want junkfood.
Anyways, tomorrow's a new day.
Everyone have a lovely night!!
Tammy

ChantyKitty
03-13-2007, 06:46 PM
RidiculouslyAddicted: They dont use any syrup...they must use artificial sweetners.The powder is made of 7 different cocoa beans.This drink is a good alternative to ice cream.There is only 1 gram of fat in it.

Canadian mom: Thats a good idea to save the money and spend it on a new wardrobe.

SusanB:I live in new brunswick and I've seen some sugar free chocolate syrup in the wal-mart pharmacy section.Its in there with the sugar-free candy and stuff...I dunno maybe there is some in ontario wal-mart pahrmacies

ChantyKitty
03-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Greeneggsanstam: Keep in mind the Positive...U have shared a big Cinnamon bun,with all that oooey-gooey frosting and cinnamon sprinkles...I would have had a hard time sharing my cinnamon bun.

canadian mom
03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
They have sugar free chocolate suryp here! I will have to check wal mart next time I am there. Of course I live in Fredericton so they prbably won't have it. lol

Bunny24
03-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Hello every one. Way to go everyone! I need to loose 30 pounds and I really can use some support. I am only 5' nothin and weigh in at 170 so somethings got to go. HELP!!!

meowee
03-13-2007, 07:06 PM
OMG, ILENE. . . your DH is definitely one of a kind . . . you could make a fortune renting him out, you know. :D

Anyway, big :grouphug: for everybody and an extra :hug: for you, CHANTY. Way to go.

I'm going to have to look for NSA chocolate syrup at my Wal-mart. . . I was sure it was one of those "not for Canadians" things. BTW, you can make a fairly decent imitation with Cocoa, Splenda, and a touch of Vanilla mixed with a little hot water. I use it for making chocolate yogurt and also pour a little over vanilla NSA ice cream.

Speaking of the things we say to ourselves to rationalize our binges . . . at Christmas time I indulged in some Lindor Truffles - 5 of them - but convenced myself that if I hadn't had them, I would have eaten 10 chocolate timBits for just about the same calorie count. For me, as a Diabetic, the Truffles were a much better choice because most of their calories came from fat and would not impact my BGL nearly as much as the Timbits which get their calories from refined carbs. :o Sounded pretty good at the time.

Today, I bought the smallest jar of No Salt-No Sugar Peanut Butter that I could find. PB is one of my biggest trigger foods. Anyway, I bought this as a test to see if I am ready to face eating 1 TABLESPOON of PB and stopping at that. It may sit on my counter for a while, because I'm really afraid to open it. Wish me luck. :^:

Anyway, gang . . . got to go give the cat his Insulin (should have done it an hour ago, but forgot (bad pet-mother) . . . and then figure out what to have for dinner (not a jar of PB). Hope you all have a great evening of doing lots of moving and shaking kind of stuff . . . See you later . . . :carrot:

ChantyKitty
03-13-2007, 07:09 PM
:wel3fc:

Hi Bunny 24

You have chosen the right place to get help with your weight issues.:) Whatever problems or questions u have,u can post it on here and we will try our best to help you.Take it one day at a time.;)

:carrot:

meowee
03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi BUNNY :hug: You snuck in there while I was typing, I guess; we are so happy to have you join us; :welcome: to our group. Tell us a little more about yourself and what strategies you have in mind for your eating and exercising routines. We are all definitely here for you as you head down the long and bumpy road to better health and fitness. Have a great evening. :carrot:

Rockie86
03-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi all! And welcome to all the new people!! I can't get over how much can happen here over only one or two days. :wel3fc:
I didn't get to the gym today, or eat supper... after a three-hour hike in the cold for a lab I came home, lay down for just a minute, and woke up four hours later. I guess I was tired!! I was up late last night finishing up a lab report and a paper so I shouldn't be surprised. Did pretty good on the food front other than sleeping through supper... raisin bran for breakfast and a tuna sandwich for lunch. I'm not eating after 8pm, and I woke up at 8:30... so I am wondering what to do! It can't be a good idea to not eat anything but I don't want to eat a big meal this late. A big meal plus a nap will mean I won't sleep at all tonight. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll just grab some yogurt or something.

Chanty: Congratulations!!! You've exerted your willpower and saved money in the process... I bet it feels good!! :carrot:

I can definitely sympathize with the rationalizing thing... I've told myself it's fine to have chocolate milk because - hey, it's milk, it's good for you... and chocolate because at least it's not pure sugar like candy, so I must be getting some nutritional value from it. Made sense to me at the time :o

meowee
03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Try a little fruit and maybe some cereal with the yogurt.

hommer
03-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Today is the first day of the south beach diet. managed ok and went to the gym with the hubby tonight and walked 4 miles on the treadmill :tread: and then worked out :lifter: on the machines. Now I am pooped:dizzy: Time to have my snack and hit the hay!

Ilene
03-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Newbies, Newbies everywhere :welcome: one and all!!

Rockie -- I love oatmeal so I'd have oatmeal and eggwhites... I have weird taste I know :lol: ...

Today was a good day, got lots done, worked out 3 times and ate pretty well, not perfect but ok...

Meowee - I know I AM lucky... DH is a gem!! Although like anyone he can get on my nerves sometimes, he's not perfect, just nearly...

Everyone seems to be doing so well... :coach: KEEP IT UP :D ....

Later all... tired now :yawn:

srmb60
03-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Evening folks. Guess who can't sleep? I'm glad you're all here so I can read your adventures.

greeneggsandtam
03-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Good Wednesday Everyone!!:D

Now... I can't remember and I can't find who it was that gave me the stellar advice to add a little protein to my morning snack-a-thon to curb my appetite, but thank-you thank-you thank-you!! It works. I've added a little yogurt and I gotta tell you - I feel great and I haven't had the urge to bully some grade nine kid for his lunch money.:lol:

BTW, I recently went to the Farmer's Market and picked up some yogurt from one of the booths. It is organic, not low in fat or calories, but is it good! Something about it being made locally feels better. I wonder how many of the preservatives they add to food affects us and what we eat. i.e. - My lovely partner and I were sitting down to dinner and I put some tasty horseradish/mustard on my plate, when he looked at the label and told me I was about to eat propylene glycol!!
I wonder what the new Canada Food Guide says about where the propylene glycol fits on the spectrum. :lol:

Anyways; everyone sounds like they are doing well.
Keep it up!!:hug: :hug:
Tammy

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-14-2007, 03:54 PM
So... there's a thread in the Support forum today about fake sugars that I was finding interesting, and I'm wondering how you guys feel about it.

I was thinking that Splenda was totally ok for me, and now I'm going to have to question that. It's frustrating, though, because it feels like NOTHING is good for you now. I mean, sugar = bad, artificial sugar = bad, non-organic meats = bad, non-organic fruits & veggies = bad, organic meats, fruits & veggies = $$$$... processed foods = bad (that's one I don't have a big problem with). Water = good, but only to a certain extent. Does this make any sense? I'm just frustrated because I'm trying to do what's best for my body on a very limited budget, with limited time (as we all have) to prepare foods and plan meals, and I feel like there's always something that I'm forgetting. Oops, didn't watch how much dairy I was getting, how much sodium, how many veggies, how much fiber... BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If someone could just make up a weekly meal plan for me that gave me the perfect nutrition and didn't cost a fortune, I'd be one happy woman!

Okay, vent over, sorry...

srmb60
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Shelby, I don't blame you for being kerbaffled. There's just waaaay to much information, opinion and pseudoscience out there with regard to food.

For what it's worth ... here's what I think.
There's real live food out there. You can pick it up and look at it and recognise it for what it is ... an apple is an apple, a chunk of chicken is obviously a part of a chicken and so on ... These are the ideal but there is other stuff. I feel that if I eat as fresh as I can afford and keep artificial or processed stuff to a minimum ... I've done the best I can do.

meowee
03-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi everybody . . . :hug:

Wow has this day ever gotten away from me . . . had a 3 hour 'business' meeting today and that has really put a crimp in my normal activities -- hey, I'm supposed to be retired. :dizzy: Then, the Opthamologist called and my first cataract surgery has been pushed ahead a week and is now scheduled for next Wednesday. That is not a bad thing in and of itself . . . at least it doesn't throw off the rest of my tightly orchestrated surgery dates for this spring . . . just means I have some rearranging to do.

My feelings on artificial sugars . . . hey, nothing is good any more, so just try to follow the oldest guideline there is . . . 'everything in moderation'. I certainly use Splenda and I intend to continue. I also get a little HFCS from time to time. I really don't think you need to worry so long as you aren't living on the stuff. I mean . . . real sugar is harmful a cup at a time . . . so is fake sugar; but most of us don't eat a cup at a time. You can drive yourself crazy if you try to avoid everything that might be bad . . . besides, the latest bit of news will be different by this time next month. :?:

Anyway, I'd better get off and running again. Just wanted to say a quick hello to all. Hope everybody has been having a great moving and shaking kind of day. Keep doing the good stuff, gang . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
03-14-2007, 05:00 PM
My mouth is killing me .Tomorrow will probably mostly soup again. I may have to cave and try to find the money to get to the dentist.

ChantyKitty
03-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi all

Holey moley,I still didn't binge today.I can do this...wow wow and wow...5 days in a row...and I feel faboulous:carrot:

Chantal

:D

Rockie86
03-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Way to go Chantykitty! keep it up!! :hug:

I can totally understand the whole TMI thing when it comes to food. Basically what I choose to live by is: the fewer ingredients, the better. Anything you can't pronounce = don't put it in your body because it's probably not good for you. And get food as fresh as you can afford, BUT frozen fruits and veggies are just as nutritious as fresh, and they're usually cheaper and last longer. I use honey instead of sugar... it's probably just as many calories but they're not refined so I feel like they're more natural. But too much of anything is not generally a good thing... in the words of Julia Child(e?): everything in moderation... including moderation ;)

I did alright today, tucked into some grapefruit and cereal for bfast, veggie soup for lunch, and a 1/2 tuna sandwich and peas for supper. made it to aerobics for an hour too! :) feelin' good lol

jcruz
03-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Hi Fellow Canadians

A little bit back I had posted on the main intro board and have finally found this canadian thread. I will just re copy my original post and I look forward to meeting everyone!

. I originally just came for the receipies but I've read some of the threads and there is so much inspiration on here.
So anyways My name is Joelle. I'm 30, married 6.5 years and we have a son 3 and daughter 1.5.
I never really had an issue with my weight until I was about 23 and its been all down hill since then. I always seemed to be lingering around the 170 mark and then I got pregnant. I gained 52 pounds and then managed to get down to the 180's quite easy which I was fairly happy with as I was going to start working hard to get to my goal of 140. Well when my son was 6 months old he was diagnosed with cancer and anything about me just didn't matter anymore. He was first priority. Once all was wonderful with him it was time to work on me again. That was short lived when I got pg with my daughter.
So now its time. I've joined Curves (which I absolutly love) and although its a slow start...its something. I started Curves the End of Dec at a start weight of 189 and I'm at 181.5 now. I'm kind of disappointed with myself though. I work so hard, I go 4-5 times a week and work my butt off while I'm there...and yet not much to show for it. I know I really have to work on my eating habits and I've done ok...stopped my late night snacking...etc
Just wanted to say thanks for being the inspiration, motivation I needed to get myself back into high gear!
Sorry for the long babble...anyone who read this to the end...that was a workout in itself!

canadian mom
03-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Welcome jcruz

srmb60
03-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Morning everyone!

jcruz
03-15-2007, 11:07 AM
sorry...i'm a bit out of it this morning...

My name is Joelle and dh, myself and our munchkins live in the Durham area
Aside from working out at Curves, I have altered my diet but have a long way to go in that dept....cut out most of the sweets (my downfall), cut out all the chips etc etc and make healthier dinner decisions....
So we'll see where all that gets me....

srmb60
03-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Durham? Do you have this cold north wind? Brrr my walk was chilly this morning!

jcruz
03-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey Susan
It was a bit windy but I was out of the house at 6am and it wasn't too bad then. I would love to go on morning walks but no way am i heading out that early! I go to curves mostly mon-fri and I love going the 4-5 times a week...but bad me...I missed last night as I took my dad to a Raptors game...oh well...I'll be sure to go tonight when I get home from work
Don't worry Susan, before you know it you'll have to go for a walk extra early to miss the hot humid sticky walks in the summer!

Sorry quick question...how do you add the picture below your user name?thx

srmb60
03-15-2007, 02:06 PM
I asked for help in the help section and Suzanne fixed the picture for me. I'm not good with pictures ;)

meowee
03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Hi Everybody . . . :hug:

I'm having a really weird day . . . hopefully the last of the time-change-lag coupled with the dull, dreary weather we are having . . . but I just do not seem able to stay awake today. By tomorrow, I'll probably wish I had today back. At least it is mild. Tormorrow the forecast is for SNOW. :(

JOELLE . . . :welcome2: to our group of Crazy Canuks, girl. Hope you will make this one of your regular stops as you cruise around this great big place called 3FC. I'm originally from Toronto; then lived in Kitchener for about 10 years; and then transferred down to Nova Scotia about 12 years ago.

To add an AVATAR to your name . . . in the purple bar at the top of any forum page, click on "User CP". Then in the control panel at the left of the new screen, click on "Edit Avatar". Then just follow the directions. There are over a hundred predesigned avatars you can chose from or, if you prefer, you can scroll down a little further and it will tell you how to add a custom avatar. Both SusanB and I have custom avatars. Photographs that are already resident elsewhere on our computers. Susan's is a photo of her (I think). My current one is a photo of the March 1 page of my desk-calendar. I tend to change mine a lot. Others stick with the same one all the time. BTW, that's the GROUNDHOG, checking to see if Spring really is here yet . . . don't listen to Ilene when she tries to tell you it is a demented squirrel.

Anyway gang . . . :grouphug: for everybody. Must go get some constructive things done before I decide to fall asleep again. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day and I'll see you later . . . :carrot:

Rockie86
03-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi Joelle! My little sister is named Joelle too, you're the first other one I've "met" :) :welcome: to 3fc!!

I have a couple questions... maybe I'm being kinda dense but I have no idea what people are talking about when they say these, and they're everywhere... what is "Onederland"? And what does DH and DD etc mean? I'd really like to be able to know what people mean lol :p thanks!

:book2: back to studying for me... sigh...

meowee
03-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi ROCKIE . . .

"Onderland" is my dream for 2007 . . . ;) . . . It means that the scale has finally gotten down below 200 (ie; in the land of the '100's' or the 'ones'). Quite an accomplishment for those of us who started out much larger. Luckily, not something you have to strive for. ;)

DH . . . DD . . . DS . . . etcetera mean DEAR (or sometimes DARN, depending on the context) HUSBAND, DAUGHTER, SON. Here is a link to a pretty inclusive list of acronyms that are used around here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430 . . . of course, you'll always bump into some that aren't on the list. Just feel free to ask, somebody will be happy to provide the answer.

Have fun . . . :carrot:

srmb60
03-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Onederland is (one) as in less than two hundred pounds. Can you imagine how wonderful it must feel to finally see one hundred and anything rather than 2??.
DD is dear daughter
Dh is dear husband
DS is dear son ....

Rockie86
03-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Ahh thanks, that helps hahah :)

greeneggsandtam
03-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!!

O.K. So I've had better days...

-Went out for lunch with mom and had 4 spring rolls.:o My heart actually hurts, OK... it's probably my imagination and heartburn.
-Didn't go to gym.:o
-Lousy crap weather AGAIN!!:mad:

O.K. Tam...relax. Is it the end of the world? No.
If these are my biggest problems my life is pretty darn good.

The good news is that, I spent quality time with Mom. (Just back from the Briar. Retirees!!:cool: I'm so jealous.) Anyways she gave me a really really great recipe for low/f low/sug cranapple crisp. It is SOOOO good. If anyone wants it, lemme know.
I've made plans with my partner in crime to go and play tennis. Which means a whole lotta chasing after the ball and very little actual hitting the ball. Okay so it's really not tennis so much as a couple-a weirdo's chasing after a fuzzy green ball.

I'm telling you, if the weather doesn't break soon...I'm gonna freak. It's that promising taste of spring you get every year and then it promptly freezes and snows and your hopes are dashed and your bike has to stay in the garage for another week??????:mad: :mad: :mad:

O.K. poor me. You're all Canadian. You get it.

I'm going to appeal to the masochist in me and mark assignments now.
Everyone have a wonderful day!!
Tammy

Ilene
03-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Tammy -- You're right it's not the end of the world, hang in there... Quality time with moms are awesome, my mom is 79 and spend as much time as I can with her, and I make sure my DD knows that I spend this quality time because I want her to spend that time with me when I'm 79 :lol:, I don't actually say ithat I want her to spend the time with me but I try to lead by example... OH, and I get your tiredness with the weather, I've had it up to here too :yes: ...

Today I have been a total sloth, didn't do any exercise, except walk the mall, it feels good to do nothing :D ... Plus I didn't spend any money, DH will be happy :lol: ...

Rockie86
03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi all! Hope everything is going well... I'm feeling good as tomorrow is Friday!! :) Although I do have a midterm tomorrow... which I am obviously procrastinating and not studying for... :p
I just got back from aerobics and it was such a good workout! My legs are buuuurrrnnning... the first few days back to any kind of exercise regime are the worst, I feel so out of shape. But proud of myself for going! Did good on the food front too :) Hope everyone's day went well!
I know what you mean about the weather lol... we have a winter storm watch?!? In march?? Are you kidding me... but it's the first day of spring next week so it's gotta get better soon! :)

jcruz
03-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Evening Girls

This is one of those rare moments in the evening that I have the opportunity to get on the computer. Most of it is done during the day at work...heehee
Thanks for the warm welcomes girls. It really does help having people in your corner!

Rockie86~~Good luck with your midterm tomorrow! Wow I've never 'met' or known anyone else with my name...pretty cool... actually thats a lie. I did meet one GUY with my name. Spelt and pronounced the same...strange huh?
Meowee~~I'm sorry but I have to agree that it does bare a slight resemblance to the demented squirel that roams our backyard...lol... But he's cute nonetheless! thanks for the input to add the pic...just me and my son during our trip to Seattle 2 weeks ago. Thats funny...I live in T.O (well outside T.O) but work downtown, my dh is from cambridge and my brother lives in waterloo and my dad is from springhill...sorry I saw the 'slight' similarities...lol

Feeling pretty good right now. Went to curves tonight and hopped on the scale and I'm down another 2lbs! I've finally hit 180.2 and I haven't seen that in...hmmm...YEARS! I kept hovering in the 182-186 range for the longest time, now the 170's actually feel in reach!

Have a good night girls and if I don't have a chance to hop on at work (supposed to be busy tomorrow) have a great weekend!

srmb60
03-16-2007, 08:56 AM
It looks like we're going to have a wild variety of weather in our country today. What's happening where you are?
So far here it's partly sunny.

meowee
03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Wowee . . . another typical early spring day in Atlantic Canada is shaping up . . . we have a winter storm warning for the next 24 hours . . . first snow (anywhere from 10 to 30 cm predicted) followed by freezing rain and then, overnight tonight, changing to regular rain . . . all coupled with gale force winds :mad: So far . . . just threateningly overcast and windy. :(

When I was a teen-ager (back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth) my maiden name was 'Reed' and some of my friends used to call me 'Lin'. Anyway, I went to high school with a boy named, you guessed it, Lyn Reid. You can imagine some of the very strange phone calls both of us used to receive. ;)

Well, gang, I'd better get out and get some milk and cream and a few other staples before the weather decides to really start being nasty . . . hope everybody has better weather than we are supposed to be getting. Keep things moving and shaking and I'll talk to you all again really soon. :carrot:

PS -- Just wait until you see the next Avatar I've got planned. :D

Rockie86
03-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Yay for atlantic canada's weather... at least our winter storm watch is gone, but it's still pretty darn chilly here, with flurries... I can not wait for summer! Spring would be nice too but it basically just means a few weeks of mud and rain and more mud here. I'm going out west this summer and I'm looking forward to a dry summer :)

My midterm went well, pretty sure I aced it or came close! Always a good thing. :D I am just about to call telus for another phone battle... this is the 6th time they have screwed up our bill in as many months. I am getting fed up with this and I am wondering if I can get out of this plan... it's a one year contract though. Even though they have reneged on the stipulated terms of the contract each time and we have kept up with our side, I don't know if they'll let us out of it. Sooo frustrated! :mad:

I haven't gone to the gym yet today but it is early yet. I'm planning to go in an hour or two. I'm really quite stiff and sore from the last couple days though, so I think I will have to take it a little easier today. Oh well. Gotta go anyway, can't lose steam now!!

Hope y'all are having a wonderful friday!! :hug:

hefty1
03-16-2007, 03:55 PM
it's cool here in toronto. glen

meowee
03-16-2007, 06:48 PM
ROCKIE . . . :hug: Congrats on the anticipated good exam results . . .

BTW, I know that Nova Scotia's weather can be really weird but I do think you've been :frypan: your head against those :book2: too hard, girl . . . it was nice to see a tiny bit of sun today, but all they really did was push the storm warning back by about 12 hours . . . sorry to break your little bubble, but it's still supposed to be coming. Of course, Cape Breton is supposed to receive the lightest dump for a change and since you are about 50 KM closer to the island than I am . . . ?????

Hope "cool" is the worst weather you get in TO, GLEN. . . :hug:

From the sounds of the latest TV news, the Eastern Seaboard areas of the US have really been hit hard with this storm that is working it's way up the coast to us. Hope everything is okay for them, soon.

Have a great evening, folks . . . Talk to you tomorrow. . . :carrot:

meowee
03-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Good Morning . . . well, almost afternoon, here . . . where is everybody hiding?

Well ROCKIE, I owe you an apology . . . all we've gotten so far is a little dusting of snow although the radio is still forecasting doom and gloom and it is still pretty overcast. Anyway, girl, it definitely looks like you have a better crystal-weather-ball than the 'experts'. Hope it stays that way. If the sun would just come out, I'd feel a lot more optomistic, I'm sure. ;)

Nothing big on my agenda today . . . laundry is calling to me, unfortunately. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day. See you soon. :carrot:

Ruthxxx
03-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Darned "cool" here this morning. We got snow and ice pellets and it's still coming down. Next week's temps are supposed to be above normal so.....
Oh Canada! especially in March!

Rockie86
03-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Buahaha maybe I have hidden talents as a weather witch. :goodvibes:

It's not too bad here, relatively speaking, just a little drizzly. I love this kind of weather actually, maybe I'm weird... but I love the way it smells after a good rain, everything feels so much cleaner.

Just back from the gym today... I'm proud of myself, I've gone the past four days and hopefully I can keep it up! Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am a little nervous but hopefully all this is paying off. I feel better anyway, and I am not quite as stiff and sore as I was after the first day back at the gym :)

Anyone doing anything special for St. Pat's? I am putting my Irish blood to shame and staying in like the hermit I am... lol. I find I don't much like going out to the bars when the bf is not home. It ends up driving home the fact that he's not here, and then I get emotional and it's not fun for anybody lol...so I try to avoid it :p I'm sure my mother will forgive me. She's completely Irish, but she's a hermit too. But I'd bet anything she'll have a couple Irish coffees or something. Sigh. My mother parties more than I do :o

Anywho, I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday at any rate! I will be weighing in tomorrow!! *crossed fingers*

Rockie86
03-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Oh, btw... does anyone know how to get a fitness ticker to put in your signature along with a weight tracker? I'd like to get one but I have no idea how to go about it. Thanks!

curvycake
03-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Hello fellow Canucks - I am a newbie on the boards but not to the weight loss battle. My novel length first post is on the Weight Watchers Board so I won't repeat it here but I am excited to see so many Canadians posting.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Hello...

Did my taxes yesterday and I can afford a crown for my tooth, now! YAY! On the one hand it seems so adult and sad that I'm excited to get a crown, but on the other hand, I know I need it desperately. My tax return also means that DBF and I can afford a "new" car, which is also quite desperately needed. So I'm HAPPY!

It's 4 Celsius here today, which is AWESOME! The sun is shining brightly!

I'll be staying in tonight for SPD, which doesn't bother me in the least.

Ruthxxx
03-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Rockie, here is the link to the tracker instructions.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56332
It's way down at the bottom in Forum Help - we are going to move that Section towards the top next re-org!

Ridiculously, congrats on the new crown - and car. Are you getting gold with a diamond? The tooth I mean, not the car.

Glad you found us, Curvy. Where are you on Ontario? I'm north East of Kingston.

Can you smell my corned beef simmering? I'm waiting for my friends to arrive for dinner and then we will celebrate SPD at the local pub watching a comedy show. Wanna bet there'll be Irish jokes? :drinkup:

Rockie86
03-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks Ruth, I already have a weight tracker though... (see sig)... I was wondering about the fitness ones. You know, they count down towards so many minutes of exercise or so much distance walked etc. I see them on some people's signatures along with their weight trackers.

canadian mom
03-17-2007, 06:52 PM
go to ticker factory.com I know they used to have them no too sure if the still do

canadian mom
03-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Well I went clothing shoping today. I got a dress ,a skirt ,a pair of shorts ,sandals and 3 tank tops (well put them on layaway) So now I will be ready for nicer weather. All my clothes I have to give away cause they no longer fit. I should of replaced them last year but never did. They got so big that a belt wouldn't keeo thme up cause there was too much fabric.

curvycake
03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I live in Richmond Hill which is about 30 minutes north of Toronto. I originally grew up in Scarborough but relocated 9 years ago to join my husband who has lived all his life in the Hill.

Rockie86
03-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Found it! Thanks Canadianmom! :)

canadian mom
03-17-2007, 08:26 PM
u r welcome! :)

Wanna be a loser
03-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Good Morning everyone.
I am looking for spring has anyone seen it, I think I saw summer and beaches on a ticker.
Have a wonderful day.
Ruth, I think I could smell corned beef cooking. I am craving it now.
How was your dinner?

meowee
03-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Good Morning, gang . . . :hug:

Well, thanks to our very own resident Weather-Witch, Rocky86, north-eastern Nova Scotia did not suffer too badly from yesterday's stormy weather. Today it is quite mild, but still very overcast and a little drizzly. Weather station is predicting sun this afternoon . . . hope so. :cool: How is the weather doing where you live? Some parts of New Brunswick really got whalloped.

Hi :welcome2: CURVYCAKE. . . and Hi :welcome2: WANNABE . . . We are so glad to have you joining us here in our Crazy Canuks Cluck Club and hope you will make this one of your regular stops at 3FC . . . :grouphug:

Okay everybody . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day doing as much of the good stuff as you can possibly manage . . . See you later . . . :carrot:

Rockie86
03-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Hahaha that's right.... it's all thanks to me! jk but it's pretty warm here too - and rainy. But it's better than cold and rainy, or cold and snowy. It's better than cold and anything really. Anyway, my weigh in day is today and the result: Down 2 lbs!! :yay: If I can keep this up I will reach my goal... no way I'm stopping now!
Hope everyone is having a great OP weekend!! :D

Ilene
03-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey Canuck friends :wave:

Sorry I've been MIA from this thread, but once I miss a day I have a difficult time playing catchup...

Anyways not much in this neck of the woods... Snowed yesterday, YUK, today it's -5 with a windchill of -13 and too much wind to go running :( ... So I'm off to the gym in a few for some weights, HIIT and swimming at the NavCan pool later this afternoon...

I finally stayed OP yesterday for the first time in about 2 weeks :faint: so now, I feel that I'm on a roll....:dance:

Well I'm off to the gym... TTFN :wave:

canadian mom
03-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Yes we got snow ,rain , freezing rain (and any combination of these)yesterday and I went out shopping in it. Now we are back to snow today. I am down to 135.5 as of this morning

Ilene
03-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Good for you Canadian Mom ... I'm looking forward to seeing 135 I haven't seen it in 19 years since I got pregnant for my son :faint: ... Ya think it's time I get crackin'?? :lol:

Today was a very good OP day and so was yesterday... Hopefully this is what's instore for me for the rest of the week :D...

Later all :wave:

srmb60
03-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Cool wind here today and a bit of snow around lunch time. I'm pretty ready for some Spring weather. I'm getting kind of tired of bundling up to go for a walk.

Wide in Winnipeg
03-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone!
Lonely out here on the prairies, dog ran away 3 days ago and it looks like she gave up and is heading back...haha, old dumb joke.
I've been down with a migraine the past week almost but I've been exercising and eating right, so why the 3 pound weight gain!!!!! This is getting ******ed already, so close to goal but then you do something right and *poof* the weight fairy finds you and adds on a couple here and a couple there,if I ever see that fairy I'm going to sit on her!

Janie Canuck
03-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone! I didn't realize we had so many Canadian girls here - I just found this thread. I'm from Peterborough (1 1/2 hours NE of Toronto). I'm fairly new here. I had some initial success (helped along by a nasty virus, I must admit), but this week hasn't been too good, on account of my birthday. Fortunately, that's over, so it's back to the healthy eating & working out tomorrow.

My "program" is pretty low tech. I'm just trying to eat healthy, cut back portions, and stay away from sweets, with the exception of a once-a-week treat. I've found that being too restrictive with my eating plan invariably leads to bad food behaviour, so I don't go there anymore. Working out is mainly elliptical trainer/walking (have a bad knee), my goal is 5 days/week.

Justwant2Bhealthy
03-18-2007, 11:28 PM
:wave: ~ Hi Everyone; boy, that's a mouthful! ;)

WOW ... some of you ladies are doin' soooo great; the 130's is way below my goal, and at 5'7" you must look pretty good WIW (although nobody wants to see those scales go on the upside ~ feel for ya there).

I'm always amazed when I catch up to this thread, just how many Canadians are here, and this thread is moving so fast, I'm having trouble keeping up with it; but, I do post in several other places each week.

:welcome: to all the other newbies here too; it seems a few more are coming on each week.

JANIE ~ your plan sounds similar to mine (very sensible). I also treat myself once a week; I have been able to stick with my plan for so long becuz of that, I'm sure. I want to be healthy, but I want to enjoy my life too!

Well, I'm keepin' OP and have already met my March exercise goal ~ I have even surpassed it. I have done much better than I ever expected, even with my limitations.

:irish: Hope everyone had a Happy St. Pat's Day! :irish: Have a great week as well ~ a fellow encourager and Crazy Canuck ... Rosebud. :hug:

Ilene
03-19-2007, 12:04 AM
The Crazy Canucks Cluck Club I love that name, we must remember to name our next thread that way... What do you all think... I find Supportive Canadian sounds like "Support your Troops" :shrug: maybe it's just me ...

Clover2007
03-19-2007, 03:03 AM
Hi all

I've been on here for a week or so but just found this thread. It's great to see a group of fellow Canucks. I live in the Yukon. Wishing winter would go away but it seems to be the same for most of Canada.

I'm trying to get motivated to exercise and eat better. I've been lighter and I've been heavier. I've hit the point where I need to get back in shape. I am going to count calories and exercise. I am a comfort eater and have been out of control lately!

srmb60
03-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Or it sounds like a bra advertizement. :D

Good morning everyone!

meowee
03-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Good Morning . . . :hug:

I find Supportive Canadian sounds like "Support your Troops" :shrug: ...

Or it sounds like a bra advertizement. :D

Hi ILENE and Hi SUSANB . . . You are both hilarious. :joker: Obviously I like "Crazy Canuks Cluck Club" since it was my mouthful to start with :D -- I'm a sucker for alliteration -- always have been; probably always will be. :dizzy:

:welcome2: CLOVER :welcome2: JANIE . . . So glad you both found the group. Amazing how many of us are wandering around here, isn't it? You will love it here . . . it's so nice to be able to talk about temperatures without always translating from C to F and it's also nice to be able to mention brand names and have people actually know what you are talking about. ;) Anyway, we will all be looking forward to getting to know you better and better over time. :grouphug:

Hi ROSEBUD . . . Never you mind, girl . . . Doesn't matter just what our goals are . . . we can all get there as long as we keep on doing the good stuff, just as much as we possible can. :hug:

Hi WIDE . . . Long time, no see girl . . . wow are you ever getting close to goal. Terrific ! :hug: Pretty soon you'll have to change your name to "Narrow" . . . but then you also have to move to Nanaimo (can't lose the alliteration). ;)

Hi MOM . . . one-half a pound away from goal . . . personally, I'd say you have arrived, girl. Great work! :hug:

Hi ROCKY . . . WTG on kicking another 2 lbs to the curb. :hug: Of course you will make your goal . . . no doubt in my mind.

We got another tiny dusting of snow overnight, but the sun is supposed to break out this afternoon and then stick around for a couple of days . . . I hope . . . I hope . . . :cool: because I've got quite a few places to go and lots of stuff to do between today and tomorrow; since I'm having that first cataract removal surgery on Wednesday and I really don't know how long I may be a bit housebound - hopefully only a day or two. :^:

Anyway, better get going on my 'rounds' so I can get "oot" and "aboot". Hope everyone is planning for a great moving and shaking kind of day of doing the absolute best you possibly can. See you soon . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
03-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Good morning, Meowee and the rest of the Crazy Canuks. Support does sound like a bra or the troops, doesn't it. I'm also wondering if we should make this into a weekly thread in April.

We have 6" of that white stuff on the ground and I am finally going to shovel my side walk. More is predicted today and it won't warm up until Wednesday, appropriate for the first day of so-called Spring. Then it will be mud-luscious around here and I'll be able to crab about muddy paws instead of snow.

All our maple trees are tapped but no sap has started running - not warm enough in the daytime. It's a late start this year - last year at this time I was resisting the first of the syrup. Maybe by the weekend? I own the 3-acre maple bush, a local "lad" Craig organizes and supervises the syrup production and we split profits. Works for us! His grandfather and my grandfather had the same deal which neither of us knew about until we went into partnership.

Lovely sunrise is happening. I hope your day is great wherever you are in this lovely land.

Geese are flying here so Spring is on the way!

meowee
03-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Oh RUTH . . . "Real" Maple Syrup . . . from your very own trees . . .:drool: Times like that, being a diabetic really sucks. . . :mad:

Wonder how many of our Canuks might still be on dial-up? They are the ones that really notice the impact of a longer thread. ?????

hefty1
03-19-2007, 10:01 AM
:wave: hi everyone. alls well here. it's overcast. glen :)

canadian mom
03-19-2007, 10:39 AM
The Crazy Canucks Cluck Club I love that name,

I love it too we should start a new thread soon just so we can call it that.;)

meowee~ That was my first goal just to get into "healthy" BMI now I wil take it bit by bit. My next challenge is to make to 130 even though if you do the math my summer challenge works out to be 127 I just wanted an even amount of pounds for 1 challenge so instead of putting in 7 I put in 10 the extra 3 would be a bonus.lol

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Morning!

Why, oh why did it have to get cold again? I was getting so used to the above-zero temperatures! They were awesome. Now it's back down to -10. *sigh*

Down a pound this week, and 3", too (for a total of 16")! Yay! I guess my hard work on the bike is paying off... cuz I did have a big binge on Friday.

I really like the name the Crazy Canucks Cluck Club, too! How long do these threads usually go on before a new one starts?

Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!

greeneggsandtam
03-19-2007, 01:36 PM
YESSS!! CRAZY CANUCKS CLUCK CLUB...:dance:
I wonder just exactly what that little dancing guy is anyways. How is everbody??:) :flow1:
I hope St. Paddy's day brought the luck of the irish to someone. I rolled up the rim, won a coffee and immediately lost the bloody tab for it.

Such is life I suppose.

Gracious. Did I have a heck of a lotta junk food on the weekend?? Pizza, cake, pudding, Guinness, Nachos, Irish whiskey...You name it, I consumed it. I think I saw a leprechaun...Anyways, the weekend is over and I guess I'll just let that little junkfood-a-rama go and be thankful for the other things in life like...I played a little tennis and made it to the gym, so there's something to be happy about. We'll try to stay on plan this week.

Anyways you lovely gals -:hug: Stay warm! Something's gotta give with this seemingly never ending weather!!
Tam

meowee
03-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Beginning to sound like we've got ourselves a new name . . . Crazy Canuks Cluck Club . . . it will be.

Now . . . as to when . . . and how often . . . I've seen just about everything: Weekly / Monthly / Daily / Seasonally -- depending on how busy the thread seems to be. This one is definitely getting busy . . . we've hit 184 posts in two weeks. I'm kind of partial to Monthly, but Weekly might be good too. How about some feed-back gang . . . do we want to go by duration of time . . . Weekly; Monthly . . . or a specified number of posts? How about we let it ride for another couple of days anyway to gather some opinions and, in the meantime, maybe just change the name for the existing thread :D

Wow SHELBY . . . :hug: That is great . . . those inches are much more meaningful than the pounds, because it's the inches that get noticed.

Hi TAM . . . :hug: That's the attitude, girl. Put the weekend behind you and keep on moving forward and downward. He looks a little like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

You will be at your next goal in no time, MOM . . . :hug:

Hi GLEN . . . :hug: Glad to see our Rooster is still with us.

See you later . . . Keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
03-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Meowee~
I could always be "Widdled in Winnipeg"..or "Weightless in Winnipeg" or "Wonderful Weight in Winnipeg" ROFLMAO!!!

I honestly think it's the new meds I'm on thats causing the weight gain,it sucks! LOL!

canadian mom
03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh man today is one of those days that I just wanna run away from home.lol All 4kids are being little monsters ALL day.Tomorrow is bill day I hope they are better behaved tomorrow well at least i will only have 2. I thin it is the nice weather that is making them CRAZY. :)

WamTam
03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi all
It's still winter here. Was -20 this morning when i got up to go to work. EWWWW they are talking warmer temps later in the week though.
Hope all are doing good, will try and post later or tommorow.
Take care

sotypical
03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
I thought it was about time I came and said HI!

My name is Courtnie and I live in BC! :)

srmb60
03-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Courtnie! Hello!

Rockie86
03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Wowzers, gone for like 2 days and you all come outta the woodwork! lol Hi everyone!!! :hug: and :welcome:

Like the snazzy new moniker, I vote to keep it!

Tam: I think he's a sasquatch. lol. No, seriously.

Well I am feeling a little bit swamped today... I wrote up my list of all the assignments/papers/presentations/labs etc I have yet to do before classes end in three weeks... and there are more things to do than there are days to do them in. :stress: I don't know how I am going to finish everything and make time to go to the gym every day. I am thinking I am going to have to start getting up really early, going to the gym at like 6am :eek: and then using my evenings just to do schoolwork, since I have labs till 5 and going to the gym in the evening pretty much wrecks it for work. Add on top of that that my bf is FINALLY coming home next wednesday, and after not seeing him for 3 months I still won't get to spend time with him 'cause I have too much to do... WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! :cry:
Sometimes I really wish I had just not gotten out of bed. Sigh. Oh well, vent over I guess. Just gotta suck it up and try to finish as much as possible in the next 9 days! lol

I did go to aerobics today though, since I sorely needed to not think for an hour or so. Didn't eat anything naughty either! I tried one of those lean cuisine things - whole wheat pasta with carrots and peppers and shrimp in a seafood sauce ... it smelled like it had more flavour than it really did. I think i prefer my tuna sandwiches. But I ate it and didn't eat anything else afterwards, even though it was lacking... yay me... lol

Hope you are all having a marvelous monday ;)

Rockie86
03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh, btw... doesn't matter to me when the thread's changed, so long as I can keep track of it! lol

Ilene
03-19-2007, 11:57 PM
I vote monthly threads and work from there....LOVE the new name :woohoo:

Gotta get to bed, gotta work in the AM, working sucks :p

:grouphug: to all...

meowee
03-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi there, gang . . . Happy Tuesday . . . tomorrow is officially SPRING. :flow1:

How can you tell it's almost Spring in Nova Scotia? Yep, you guessed it, it's cold and it's snowing. Ain't life grand. :D Oh well, forecast says sun may break out a bit later. Now this may be a little too much info for some of you, but I just discovered that a lot of people seem to think cataract surgery is something done by laser . . . unfortunately it is not. :( Here's a link to some information . . . http://www.cataractsurgery.com/ . . . even has videos. Don't know yet what time my procedure is tomorrow so I may not be around too much tomorrow, but I'll try to let you know when I find out.

So true, ILENE . . . working definitely sucks . . . I remember it well, as a matter fo fact, I seem to hve a lot of difficulty keeping it at bay. :hug: I'm leaning toward monthly too . . . can always chage it later if it seems too busy.

Hey WIDE . . . How about WINNING IN WINNIPEG . . . :hug:

Hi ROCKY . . . Sometimes it just doesn't pay to look at the 'big' picture. :hug: You will find a way . . . and besides you may be finding new exercise outlets now that the BF will be home :s: -- Oh I am such an evil old-lady -- :devil:

Hi SOTYPICAL . . . So glad you found us, chickie. Hope you will make thise one of your regular stops as you do the rounds at 3FC. :hug:

Oh WAMTAM . . . I feel for you, girl . . . Brrrrrr . . . Definitely not that bad here. :hug:

This too will pass, MOM . . . Hopefully they will soon be back to being angelic; or at least the weather will be good enough that you can throw them outside, once in a while. :hug:

Hi SUSANB . . . Hi EVERYBODY ELSE wherever you are. :grouphug:

Okay, gang . . . I've got some more errands to run so I'd better get moving and shaking . . . Hope everybody has a great day of doing the good stuff. See you all later . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
03-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Quick :wave: from sunny, cold and snow-covered South Eastern Ontario.

It's evey snowy in Ottawa despite all the hot air. Take a look! (http://www.tdc.ca/parliamentwebcam.htm)

meowee
03-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi RUTH . . . :hug: See that it is "business as usual" at our capitol. Not the snow . . . the level of feverish activity. :D

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Morning!

Still cold here -- -10, but since most of you seem to have colder weather, I'll stop my whining. :) It's supposed to get to +6 Thursday. Woo hoo!

I like the idea of a monthly thread, too...

Rockie86, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time in school. I remember all too well what that was like, and my bf is currently going through it as well. Meowee's right, sometimes it just doesn't pay to look at the big picture! You just need to take it one day at a time. Although, if you look at the BIGGER picture, you'll be done this in 3 weeks! Woo hoo!!! I personally wake up and hit the bike at 6:00 a.m. every day. I LOVE working out in the morning, because no matter what else happens during my day, I know I've at least done SOMETHING good for myself.

meowee, good luck with your surgery. I couldn't look at the link, I'm a little squeamish... but I hope everything goes well for you.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

canadian mom
03-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Well the kids were ok this morning DD2 started a fight with DD1 but it dissolved quickly thank goodness. It was snowing here this morning and supposed to turn to rain so I think the kids will be stuck in the house if it rains. actually just looked out and it IS rainning now. :(

Got my bills paid today and got a few groceries. Gotta go break up a fight between DS and DD3

greeneggsandtam
03-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Shelby- cold here too on the prairie, but the promise of spring is too good to be down about it. (I keep telling myself)
Meowee- Yes, good luck on your surgery!! I'll think good thoughts and send them your way!!

I was saying I played soccer last night, I gotta tell ya - funny stuff. I knocked into a gal on the other team and she accidentally shot and scored on her own team. The upshot of it? I got credit for the goal for being a klutz! hahha. Anyways everyone have a wonderful day!!

Tammy

sotypical
03-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Is it wrong to say its nice and sunny here?

maalisse
03-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi, everyone! Nice to see so many Canadians around these parts. I'm in Vancouver, BC...from the Kootenays (BC) originally.

I count calories and work out in the gym 4-5 days a week, and take walks after my evening meal. Taking it slowly to allow these changes to become a permanent part of my lifestyle. I'm trying to stay positive and love myself no matter what weight I am, and look at any weight loss as a "positive bonus"... Figured that this community would be a good place to find inspiration and optimism, and support when I'm feeling blue!

Nice to meet everyone. Enjoy your day!

meowee
03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Welcome to our little group MAALISSE; we are so glad to have you joining us and hope you will be making this thread one of your regular stops as you wander around this great big site. Also :wel3fc: You have definitely come to the right place for support and I hope you will love it here as much as the rest of us. As mentioned it is a big site, so have a good wander around and just hop in a start posting whenever something catches your eye . . . you will always receive a big, warm wherever you go around here.

No, it's not wrong to say that, SOTYPICAL . . . You give us hope that the sun will eventually reach us too. :cool:

Wow, TAM . . . Love that story of your 'goof' that paid off. ;)

Hang in there, MOM. We all have those days/weeks/years of wondering why we ever wanted to be parents. :dizzy:

Thanks RA :hug: . . . actually the video is mostly drawings, not real pictures.

Later, gaters . . . the cats are screaming for dinner. :carrot:

srmb60
03-21-2007, 09:47 AM
I think it's the first day of Spring! The sun is stunning this morning! We have a forecast high of 8C. I've already discussed, with the cat, the possibility of opening windows today.

Rockie86
03-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Happy first day of spring!!

Thanks everyone :) :hug: I just need to take it one day at a time, I know... You can only bail one bucket at a time! lol And yes, Meowee, you are evil ;) hahaha

Meowee: hope your surgery goes/has gone well and you will be back chatting with us soon! I have to admit I didn't look at the link because I am intimidated lol. Sorry for my lack of spine.

Thanks RA, and that's true about the early gym! I think I will be more able to go in the morning once the bf is home and I can get to bed earlier (no late-night phone calls due to the time difference... get your heads out of the gutter people! ;) lol jk)

I was so proud of myself for going to aerobics on monday... boy, was I mad when I woke up yesterday with a pulled groin. Guess I didn't stretch it enough. I have been trying to do that now and it is a bit better, but I am still not able to even walk without pain. Blah. :( So no gym for me yesterday, although I am thinking I might be alright to go to aerobics again today. I really don't want to let this boot me off the wagon. I will probably go tonight and just take it easier.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a happy hump day! It's cold, windy, and snowy here... must be spring! lol Maybe the sun is out somewhere...

sotypical
03-21-2007, 01:49 PM
I jinxed myself... its raining here today :(

greeneggsandtam
03-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Gahhh! The KitKat people are out to get me. (to buy their chocolate, that is) Today is multicultural day at our school and the fare they were offering in the caf. was so tempting. baklava, cookies, perogies, pizza.
I left.
I was so proud of myself; I went to the grocery store cause I forgot my lunch and those KitKat singles called out to me.
I caved, ladies. I bought one, and took a bite and left the rest in the car. I wish I hadn't kind of because I also bought water melon and that was really good as well. It's funny how I obsess about these things.

Let it go....Let it go...Let it go....

Okay composure regained? Off to get coffee and more water.

Everyone have a kitkat free day...(Don't let them fool you too.) :dizzy:
hahaha

Tammy

meowee
03-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Okay . . . I'm back . . . and I have two functioning eyes . . . they just are not working as a set. The 'new' one is seeing better than it has in almost 50 years . . . the 'old' one still wants it's glasses. Anyway, the world is extremely lop-sided and will likely remain that way until the second eye is done in May. Binocular vision is a wonderful thing and you don't realize how wonderful until it stops functioning . . . no depth perception. ;)

Anyway, that's about it for me . . . the 'puter screen is giving me a head-ache. Have a great moving and shaking evening everybody and I'll see you again soon . . . :carrot:

canadian mom
03-21-2007, 06:48 PM
MEOWEE~ GLAD TO HEAR THINGS WENT FINE AND YOUR AE DOING WELL.

My kids came home today with this activity sheet they get points for eating well (different things different points ex. trying new fruits 2 points junk food free week 10 points) also there are points for activities I finally got my kids to do 10 push ups and 10 sit ups they are a bit sore can;'t wait to see how they feel tomorrow. They also did 50 jumping jacks. There are a bunch of other activites. they used to laugh at thefaces I make during work outs after today theu will not be doing so anymore. lol

IT'S CALLED MAYORS ACTIVITY AWARDS I wonder if my old neibour was the one who actually thought of it or someone in his office.

srmb60
03-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Are any of you within reach of a Giant Tiger? I just made out like a bandit with fish. Tilapia, salmon, pollock ....

Ruthxxx
03-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Boutique GT? :lol: SusanB, ours only has a small selection of foods. Are you talking frozen?

The snow is melting, the wind is drying up the water and my snowdrops are in bloom! 'Tis Spring!

srmb60
03-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Yes, frozen. I go to one in a little bigger town down the road for my fish. When I buy uniforms there, they put them in a bag that actually says GT Boutique on it.

meowee
03-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh wow . . . this is just like listening to a bunch of Yankies . . . I've never heard of Giant Tiger, GT Boutique, or Boutique GT. Oh what a sheltered life I lead. . . :dizzy:

srmb60
03-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Maybe it's an Ontario thing ...

I checked New Brunswick is the only Atlantic province with GT boutiques.

RidiculouslyAddicted
03-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Meowee, glad things went well and that you're doing ok. How come you have to wait so long to get the second eye done?

canadian mom, that sounds like a cool program your kids have to do! I wish we had had more stuff like that when I was a kid. How long does it run for?

Susan, never heard of Giant Tiger...

I'm having a pretty good day... It's BEAUTIFUL here -- +4 and SUNNY! I have tomorrow off - WOO HOO!! I'm going to have lunch with a friend and then after dinner go to another friend's house and STAMP and gossip all night!

sotypical
03-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh wow . . . this is just like listening to a bunch of Yankies . . . I've never heard of Giant Tiger, GT Boutique, or Boutique GT. Oh what a sheltered life I lead. . . :dizzy:

Your not alone...

meowee
03-22-2007, 03:57 PM
RA . . . Guess they just want the first one to be completely healed and settled down before they do the other one . . . apparently six weeks is the normal interval at least with this surgeon). . . I go back for another check-up in four weeks, maybe I'll ask him.

SusanB . . . I'll have to look for one the next time I'm visiting relatives in Ontario. Or maybe the next time I happen to go to Moncton. I feel so deprived. :(

greeneggsandtam
03-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Ahhhh yesss, the GT boutique...We have one here on the prairie. Quite exclusive. That's awesome!

Going out for lunch today. Vietnamese!! I love the soups and noodly stuff. I missed the gym but for the first time in months, the weather will allow me to go for a quick run after school. I posted on the 30 sumthins board today that I have this stress - the BF's exwife is coming over for dinner.:sp:
Holy mary mother-a -Gawd.
She is very nice - I'd be friends with her if I didn't live with her ex- husband. Crazy - I know. Their son just moved in with us and she wanted to come and see the living arrangements. Any my weiner of a BF invited her for dinner!! I said I'd try not to sweat profusely and drink a box of wine over polite dinner conversation.:rofl:
I'll post tomorrow and if it's gone well, I won't be single and hungover!!

Everyone sounds like they are doing so so well. This makes me happy.:carrot: :flow1: :flow2: :cp:

Anyways have a grrreat night folks.
Tammy

maalisse
03-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Everyone is so friendly and supportive on this board! I love it. :D

She is very nice - I'd be friends with her if I didn't live with her ex- husband. Crazy - I know. Their son just moved in with us and she wanted to come and see the living arrangements. Any my weiner of a BF invited her for dinner!! I said I'd try not to sweat profusely and drink a box of wine over polite dinner conversation.:rofl:

Oh, geez...sending strength your way! My boyfriend is still close to his ex (as a friend only), and she's the last person in the world to judge others, but a part of me still gets stressed out when she's around. So, to some extent, I feel your pain! I hope everything goes well for you.

Have a great day, everyone!

canadian mom
03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeap we have GT here in Fredericton.....well it is actually in Oromocto the next town. Thatis where my MIL got my sleep pants well actually they were her BFs but they ddidn't fit him (he is a big man) and now they have shrunk so much they are almost too small for me. lol

Tammy~ short but sweet...............Good luck lol

Newlifestyle
03-22-2007, 07:16 PM
I love GT, you can get great deals there. There is one in Smith Falls, and I think Kingston had two, Napanee has a big one. Ottawa has some good ones.

srmb60
03-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I wish I could say that we only eat fresh everything but alas ... that is not our income bracket. I do the best I can so ... GT it is. There is lots of processed stuff but you can't fool much with fish filets. We really like them and you can't beat the price.

Ilene
03-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Ah, yes, GT boutique, love that place, which reminds me I haven't been there in ages... Unlike Cosco, I've been there so much lately I should own shares...

Sorry I've been MIA but I really haven't had much to babble about...

Snow is melting, I have no flowers to say that are growing but I do see grass :D and that's a great thing... I'm really really anxious to get on my new bike for a ride... I think for the first time ever I will be out on my bike in April weather or snow permitting... I usually wait till it's shorts weather to go on my bike but not this year...

Rockie86
03-22-2007, 09:50 PM
lol, I have no idea what any of those places are either. You're not alone Meowee! :D

Meowee: welcome back! Glad to hear the surgery went well! Sorry about the loss of the stereo vision ;) Maybe you can get a patch... like a pirate! LOL

Good day today, made it back to aerobics! :exercise: Feel much better. I've got to head back to the :book2: though, because I've got another midterm tomorrow! whee. Is it wrong to call it a midterm when there are 3 weeks of class left?? lol :p

Hope y'all are having a good week!! :carrot:

meowee
03-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Morning, gang . . . this is not shaping up to be one of my better days . . . finally read the pet-food recall details and discovered that I've got 4 varieties of Special Kitty that are on the list (although I haven't fed them any of it sinced the problem was first discovered, and nobody is showing any symptoms).

They eye is still doing fine . . . Can't say it hurts, but it does feel a little funny. The sun is coming out . . . :) and the temp is supposed to go up to 11 today; so everything is not bad.

Anyway, I'd better get a move on so I can get some stuff done and then make a little trip to WalMart to throw this tainted cat food back at them. :( See you all later. Have a good moving and shaking kind of day everybody . . . :carrot:

Ilene
03-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey Canuks :wave: Just back from on great run, I sure hope this run keeps me motivated for the rest of the day... I feel so good right now...

No time to post longer gotta get to work...

jcruz
03-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Morning fellow canucks
YEA!!! Wow I love Fridays! Hmmm not so much knowing that I have to paint and do about another 6 things on my growning list for the house...oh well...
Sorry about my disappearing act...the last week or so went through a bit of a blah spot...things seem to pile up on me, kids go nuts, I stress out and shut down. Thats me tho...don't handle stress very well.
Anywho has anyone ever tried making their own pizzas with whole wheat pita bread? Heard about that somewhere but can't remember where. Thought it would be nice to make with the kids. Picked up everything I need for it so I think I'll give it a go tonight.

Weather is SUUNNNYYYYYYY wow I love it. Only about +5 here in Toronto but on its way up to 10!! It could stay 5, as long as the sun is shining!
Hope everyone has a good day!

Meowee glad to hear none of your kittys are showing signs...how horrible that whole story is...
Rockie86...good luck on your midterm tomorrow!

srmb60
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Is there a fast way to change your address with revenue Canada?

canadian mom
03-23-2007, 02:35 PM
if your are registered online you can do it but other wise you have to call.

Ruthxxx
03-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Why, SusanB? Do you want to disappear? There is no fast way to do anything with those people! (I worked for them for years!)

Gorgeous day here with geese flying and robins singing. I may do the first BBQ of the season tonight!

Rockie86
03-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Yay it's the weekend!!!! :carrot:

Midterm went alright... last one before finals! Whee... lol it feels never-ending. I can't wait for this year to be done. I worked at the university last summer so I've been here pretty much straight since september 2005. Too long! :p

Meowee: Glad to hear your special kitties (haha...couldn't resist) are ok! Wasn't it nice today?? This afternoon was so nice, the weather people actually got it right!! It was like +11... they must have been taking tips from me. ;)

I am sort of dreading my weigh in day on sunday... it's TOM but I would really love a loss... I am 2 lbs away from 10 and it would be so cool if I could lose 10 before the bf gets here (countdown: 5 days! :yay: ) I did make it to the gym today for about an hour and I've got a treadmill reserved for tomorrow morning so I'm gonna see where I am endurance-wise. I'm sure I won't make 3 miles in a half hour, which I used to do, but I'm shooting for 2.5!
I've also got to do a MAJOR room cleaning and cleaning-out tomorrow so I'm sure that'll burn a few calories. Between all the stuff I have to do and making time to exercise, I've only been able to do laundry, not really clean thoroughly. I'm comfortable with being a little sloppy, but I don't really want to let my bf know about it. lol. ;)

Hope you are all enjoying your evening! I'll be back on here Sunday to let you know how I did! (probably be lurking around tomorrow too haha )

meowee
03-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Happy Saturday . . . :hug:

If today's weather manages to come anywhere near yesterday's it will be another gorgeous day in Nova Scotia . . . we'll keep our :crossed:

Thought I'd found a great new cereal . . . WeightWatchers Fibre 'n Flakes . . . per half cup - 90 cals, 17 carb grams; 9 fibre; 9 protein; 1 fat; sweetened with splenda . . . It tastes far too sweet to me. I'll probably finish the box, but won't be buying it again. I do not like anything sweeter than the natural taste of fruit for brekkie but thought I'd mention it in case somebody else might like to try it. I got it at WalMart.

Anyway gang . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . . see you later, gators . . . :carrot:

hefty1
03-24-2007, 11:18 AM
meowee i'll send our rain to you. it was sunny here yesterday. glen

Clover2007
03-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi all

What a crazy week. But it's Saturday, it's sunny and the snow is starting to melt. I'm planning to head outside for a walk today. I'm also planning to clean the house since I've been neglecting it lately and it shows :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

summer4sister
03-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Hello everyone :) and thank you to susanb for putting me in touch with this site. I live in Oshawa, ontario, and have just started my program on Monday I am feeling quite ready to tackle this challenge once again, and am looking forward to the nicer weather that will allow me to become more physical. I find our Canadian weather the biggest challenge in staying fit. I know I can still get out in the winter, but....burr, it's cold out there. The hot chocolate and the warm fire seem to be more fun. HA HA

meowee
03-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Welcome Aboard SUMMER . . . :hug: Really glad to have you joining our little corner of the world. :welcome2:

summer4sister
03-24-2007, 09:57 PM
:) Hello Clover, the perfect day for house cleaning. Tomorrow is supposed to be milder, and a great day for some outdoor activities. Have you been a member with this site for long? Looking forward to chatting. And any ideas for Sunday dinner?

summer4sister
03-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Thank you meowee. It is nice to have a place to chat with others with the same goal. Hope you had a great day :) How is your weight loss going?

summer4sister
03-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Wow Canadian mom what an inspiration. How long has it taken you to get to your goal weight?

Clover2007
03-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Hi Summer and Welcome :) And hello to everyone else.

I've been on the site for a few weeks and I love it. I am still trying to find my way around but it's great to talk with people who are facing similar struggles.

It was a great day for housecleaning. I have been so busy lately that I've been neglecting the house. Tonight, it's clean and peaceful. I live in the Yukon so we're still in the throes of winter. Okay, maybe I can see a glimpse of spring but it will be awhile yet.

Sunday dinner - my favorite thing to make lately is pot roast. I've had the slow cooker out all winter and have actually used it many times.

Hope all you Canadian gals (and guys) are having a great weekend.

canadian mom
03-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow Canadian mom what an inspiration. How long has it taken you to get to your goal weight?

Thank you! It has taken a year but I slacked off during the end of spring and early summer (we bought a place). This was my first goal just to get in to healthy BMI now I am just taking it bit by bit.

And Welcome.

Forgot to mention I am down 2 inches this month I could of been down last week but I messure on the last week of BTB game.

Ilene
03-25-2007, 12:43 PM
:welcome: Summer :wave:

Rockie86
03-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Welcome Summer! :hug:

Hi folks! It's cold here again... I really wish spring would just stick around and hurry up and turn into summer!! lol
Started going to the gym in the morning... actually, it's not bad! There aren't many people there so I kinda like it. Of course, the gym opens later on the weekend so it wasn't really as early as it's going to be tomorrow... dun dun dunnnn. :p
Down 1 lb this week. Kinda disappointed since I was hoping for a couple pounds... I worked really hard this week! But I am telling myself that a loss is a loss, so I should be happy. Plus it was TOM so I guess I am glad the scale didn't go up!

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday... I am busy cleaning the room and packing up some stuff to make room for dbf's things... I figure I can get him some closet space and maybe a drawer! I need to go get boxes. Can't believe he's going to be here in 3 days!! :yay:

meowee
03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Happy Sunday, gang . . . :hug:

Had two pieces of pretty good news first thing this morning . . . I actually didn't get up until 6:30 . . . yippee, looks like the 5:00 am ritual has broken . . . and finally the extra 4 lbs of IV-induced WWW have gone away and I'm back to my ticker weight and hopefully heading downward on this slow journey again . . . at least until the next WWW comes along. :mad:

But, then again, maybe not . . . I can't seem to either stay awake or stop nibbling today . . . :?: Hopefully normalcy (or, in my case, as close to normal as can be expected) is just around the corner and then maybe I'll be able to stay that way until the next surgery at the beginning of May. :^:

Anyway, hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking kind of day. Keep on doing the good stuff gang . . . see you soon. :carrot:

noranoranora
03-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi everybody. I'm from Port Hope, ON. Nice to meet you all. :)

keeponkeepingon
03-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi All!!
From rainy, rainy Vancouver-but hey, we've got cheery blossoms and I think the sun is breaking through those clouds!!!!

berta gal
03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi all. I'm from a little north of Edmonton. The weather is beautiful here today. I am going for a walk a little later.
I'm so glad I found the Canadian section. The 3fat chicks forums are a little overwhelming when you kind of drop in. Now I have a starting point.
Talk to you soon,
B G.:)

Wide in Winnipeg
03-25-2007, 11:00 PM
:wave: Just popping in!

meowee
03-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

:welcome2: . . . NORA . . . KEEPINGON . . . BERTA. . . So glad to have you joining us. Hope we'll be seeing you around here on a regular basis now that you have found us . . . please read back through the thread so you'll know a bit more about us and then be sure to tell us a little more about your plans (what are you doing on the 'eating less' and 'moving more' routines) for travelling down this long winding road to better health and fitness.

Well . . . we have another sunny day in Atlantic Canada and I guess you'd have to call the temps more or less 'seasonal'. :cool:

My day is off to what will probably prove to be an expensive start . . . Turned on the TV in the family room to check the weather . . . picture is fine but no sound . . . downstairs to the rec room, turned on the TV . . . sound is fine but no picture. :dizzy: I mean what are the odds? Anyway, downstairs is fine now - the cable connection had literally broken off in the little plug-thingee, so I had to dig around to get it out and then bypass the VCR to put the cable directly into the TV; so now I need to get another short cable to reconnect the VCR.
However, I've done everything I can think of to the other one and nothing works, so guess I'll be calling a repair guy (do they even still exist?) Looks like I've got a new TV in my future; this one is about 15 years old and has never given me any trouble before now . . . sort of promised myself I'd get a Flat Panel the next time I needed a replacement; so will start looking around. Anybody have one -- what is your preference -- Plasma or LCD -- which is better for a very bright room?

So that's how my day is shaping up. Other than that, nothing is new. Keep things moving and shaking, gang . . . see you soon. . . :carrot:

Clover2007
03-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Morning all

Nice weekend here and although I managed to not eat chocolate, I didn't exercise at all. One goal met is better than none I suppose! But I know I won't lose weight unless I start exercising. We have a treadmill at home but I don't use it so I think I should join the gym. I haven't found my motivation yet. Any suggestions?

Have a great day.