Old 03-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/234/160

Height: 5'11"

Question My body is rejecting junk food???

Not that I should be complaining - this "problem" can certainly be a good thing in the end - but I just don't know whats going on.

Every time I eat junk food or fast food (no matter what restaurant it came from) I wake up with a stomach ache and rushing to the bathroom. The other night I had some McDonalds Chicken McNuggets - aching belly. Last night, veggie pizza - now, aching belly. I don't really have stomach aches otherwise.

Like I said, this is certainly a motivator to not eat crap food but anyone ever have this or know whats going on??
msnewbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #2  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

my body does the same thing. I guess your body just gets used to having certain things, and then you throwing a wrench in the machine makes it go a little crazy. That is good though! I mean, it is one thing to tell yourself "I just know i don't need those extra french fry calories- but they sure would be tasty!" and it is another to say "I want those french fries but i will become very ill if i eat them." Just another little nugget to keep in your arsenal of things to tell yourself so you make healthy choices.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

I have the same problem and have had it for awhile now. I really have to watch the "bad food" or I will be sick as sick can be. A lot of mine is related to my gallbladder surgery however I was having problems even before then. Like you said at least I don't have a choice to eat bad. Also if you are having a lot of problems petpo bismo pill work really well and don't have the bad taste that the liquid does.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #4  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

if you must eat the junk food, try to eat it slowly. i found that the faster i eat the worse i will feel later on.

i had tempura fish and chips in a restaurant the other day and ate relatively slowly and usually i would have polished off the entire plate but this time i found i had to leave nearly half of the chips on the plate - much to my complete horror! my tummy was protesting and didn't want anymore.

the slower you eat, the less you will eat before you feel full. that is the other trick - listen to your body.

now you say you wake up with a stomach ache. i tend to feel uncomfortable and have a tummy ache immediately after eating the junk food (if I eat too much or too fast). i can't say i have a delayed reaction that means a rush to the toilet in the middle of the night.

if you have been eating an otherwise clean diet without junk food it is only natural that your body has a reaction to it now. liken it to withdrawing from alcohol or drugs. you have purged these toxins from your body and you would have felt crap initially but afterwards, much better and clear headed. if you reintroduce the 'bad foods' your body needs to go through it all again.

i guess at the end of the day it is your decision as to whether you want to eat that slice of pizza and endure the tummy ache if you have this reaction each time.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175.5/162/145

Height: 5'7

i gave up sweets for lent. and I cant believe how i dont crave sugar anymore. people bring donuts and candy to work all the time . and I have no desire for it. I have a month to go. and I could care less if I ever eat sweets
again.
tryingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/165/143

Height: 5"8.5

Hi msnewbooty,
I suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome from time to time. I find that if I eat something like a burger and fries, my body purges it within half an hour!! And it's intensely painful, to the point where I'm keeled over unable to walk, yet have to get to the bathroom IMMEDIATELY I think it's the combination of saturated fat and sugar, and the sheer volume of food. I don't have this problem with plant fats or a serve of chocolate. Maybe it's something to look into? Usually with IBS you suffer from constipation also... you don't have to tell us that part
Diana the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 AM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

I binged on chocolate during Easter weekend, and god, did I pay for it over the course of the next few days. It's funny, because I used to eat TONS of chocolate on a regular basis. I guess it has a lot to do with what your body is used to. I can now say that I'm a chocolate lightweight
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

All I can say is I wish that happened to me! Although only been dieting a couple of weeks - maybe all the sugar still isnt out of my system! Good luck! x
themonkeysuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #9  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

My body definitely IS rejecting junk food. The other day I ate a big thing of ice cream. I knew that it was going to happen, I had prepared for it as a planned treat. I promptly threw it up. My stmach basically said no, and I was sick the rest of the day. Good bye ice cream.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yup, it's happened to me many many times. Junk food is just that--JUNK. When you eat it regularly, your body assumes it's normal to have to deal with it. But then, when you STOP eating junk on a regular basis and eat healthier foods instead, your body realizes it does NOT need to deal with the junk, so when you feed it junk again, it says, "He!! no--this crap is more difficult to process, and I like it better when you just give me the healthy stuff!" I have only actually thrown up from this once (and it was a whole day of eating junk, not just a single meal), but I have had lots of issues with stomach aches and *ahem* rushing to the toilet

Of course, all that crap still tastes good to me, so I still eat it sometimes even though I KNOW I will have to pay
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

God this is the topic for me! Yesterday I had several diet sodas, misc junk, and woke up this morning with a headache and a stomachache. But did I learn? Noooo! I had some mini donuts plus burger/fries today and I feel like complete crap. I hope I can remember this pain next time I want any of that mess.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #12  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

I agree with all of you. A while back I ate some fast food and had not had any in a very long time and got a bad stomach ache. I think your body does begin to adjust to the new healthy foods you are eating.
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I wouldn't even think about eating fast food now (this used to be a daily thing for me). My body has gotten so used to the good stuff that if I ate that crap I would be horribly sick. I already learned my lesson there lol ... This is a good thing though! Just goes to show that we don't need that crap.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:49 AM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Some of us lucky ones get to run to the bathroom no matter what we eat. Sigh.
Was hoping it'd be better with a healthier diet, but nope.

It does get worse with a combination of eating too fast/too much and junky foods though. I guess it's one way to keep yourself on track... not just asking yourself- do I want this junk food on my hips? but asking - is it worth the multiple trips to the can? *LOL*
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 AM   #15  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I have the same problem as well. If I go to the restaurant and eat, say, ice-cream for dessert, you can be sure that 2 hours later, I need to rush for the bathroom, and it's not for #1. I can't be sure at 100% that it's the reason, but since it's pretty much systematic, I doubt less and less that the body indeed starts rejecting junk foods after a while.

Which is not bad in itself, technically our bodies don't need those to survive, but healthy foods instead.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote