100 lb. Club - Weekly Weigh-in~March 5-11

View Full Version : Weekly Weigh-in~March 5-11

rockinrobin
03-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Good morning all. I'll get the ball rolling.

I'm down 3 1/2 lbs!!!! To 183 1/2.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-05-2007, 08:33 AM
.4 down. Argghhh! Really want to break through to the 230's.

Angihas2
03-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Down 2.5 to 217.5, so rounding up to 218.

royalsfan1
03-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Good job...losses all the way around. Rhonda, I know what you mean about breaking into the "30s". I'm feeling that same need for this week! Isn't it funny, though, that a couple of weeks ago the "40s" were just ducky! :D

Charbar
03-05-2007, 09:28 AM
For the second week in a row, I've stayed the same. I am going to say that I was a good girl this week. My average calories was 1673 which is way down from when I first started. I watched my sodium this week, big time... I"m still high @ 2635.. .but as of the week before I was over 3000 everyday.

I know what I need to do.. and I really don't want... :ebike: :strong: :swim: :trampo: :exercise: :running: :wl:

I know.. it's time. But I just don't want to :tantrum:
Wish me :goodluck: I don't know how I'm going to move.. but know that I need to. I've never been on a plateau before. This seems a bit early. :dunno:

shelby897
03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I guess I should hop in here so next week when I :) lose :) I'll have somewhere to put it!!

Stayed the same from last week (235.2) which is fine since I had a few bad days. I would like to be down 2 or 3 pounds next week.

Funny, I wouldn't tell anyone in my family how much I weigh but I'll put it up here for 1,000's of people to see!!

penor
03-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Only down 1 lb. this week. Big disappointment after going down 5! But at least it's down right?

sept15lija
03-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Well I'm down 3 lbs...but not since last week! My last weigh in I think was about two months ago. Oh well I'm glad I went down anyways!

Blue Butterfly
03-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm down 2.2 lbs! :carrot: :carrot:

I'm very happy about that. I figure if I keep losing steadily that I'll meet my mini goal in no time! :)

Mrs Quadcrew
03-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Congrats on all the losses!! Charbar get moving!!;) I don't weigh in until Friday ~ but as always, you all keep me charged up for when it's my turn!

penor - one pound is 4 sticks of butter GONE - remember that!!

It is sooo cool to break through to those new numbers!!!

Torister
03-05-2007, 10:40 AM
I am down 4 lbs this week! :woohoo: Drinking all that dreaded water has helped....not to mention TOM leaving the building. ;)

jellybelly06
03-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Down 1 lb this week and I'll take it!

Penor: I usually have a small loss week following a big lose week. Last week I lost 3lbs. This week 1lb. But the average is good! So, be proud of your 1 lb!

Robin: wow! How do you have such great losses every week! Jealous!! Great job!

Jelly

Angihas2
03-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Penor, I too have a stall or slow loss after a big loss. I went 6 weeks without a loss, then lost 5 pounds, 2 weeks where I lost a half a pound each then this week it was 2.5. In the end it all balances out, and really it's better to have ANY of it off your butt then sticking around, right?

For those who didn't lose. Your time is coming. Trust me, keep working it, and being true to yourself about how much your eating and moving and it will happen. :D

Slashnl
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I wasn't going to post because I didn't lose anything last week and I just started. I'm trying to get everything worked in as a way of life and it's taken me longer to get going than I hoped (2 wks). Unfortunately, I let a rough weekend get in the way and my mind was not where it should have been to stay focused.
Anyway, I'm with Charbar. Exercise is my goal this week. That is lacking right now. So, hopefully better news next week.
There... I posted it. The self-torture is over.

rockinrobin
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Robin: wow! How do you have such great losses every week! Jealous!! Great job!

Jelly

Jelly I have had plenty of 1 lb and 1 1/2 lb and 2 lb weeks, plenty. But I have been super focused lately. I have been very consistient, haven't had any bad days or even semi-bad days. Although yesterday I would say I had the most calories that I've had in months - I'm guessing about 2000. But I'm not considering that a bad day. I planned for it all week by staying super low on calorie front and I exercised twice yesterday to help combat it. It was a big, big, big family dinner at my SIL's house. I also recently upped my fiber intake and increased my exercise. I am working hard to avoid that nasty "P' word, ya know plataeu. Ugly little word.

Great losses everybody. Really great. It's an amazing thing seeing all of us losing together. Really something.

And Charbar I kinda agreee with Mrs. Quadcrew, you've got to get moving. It makes a huge difference. I remember when I started out at 287 lbs I thought I could get away without exercise for a couple of months at least. Well I couldn't. by the 3rd week my weightloss was practically non-existient. As soon as I added the exercise, it started flying off. And I'm not talking major exercise here. I've yet to join a gym. Once you get into - YOU GET INTO IT. It just becomes a part of your life.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I wasn't going to post because I didn't lose anything last week and I just started. I'm trying to get everything worked in as a way of life and it's taken me longer to get going than I hoped (2 wks). Unfortunately, I let a rough weekend get in the way and my mind was not where it should have been to stay focused.
Anyway, I'm with Charbar. Exercise is my goal this week. That is lacking right now. So, hopefully better news next week.
There... I posted it. The self-torture is over.

I'm glad you decided to post. Sometimes we tend to quit posting when we hit those rough patches. IMHO, those are the times we should be on here and posting the most as those times are when we really need the support and encouragement of our fellow 100lb club posters.

Newlifestyle
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Robin? What type of exercise do you do?
You have done so well. Congratulations.

Congratulations to all of you ladies and your successes.

I was wondering,How do you decide on your goal weight?

Ann

SexyRevealed
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Congrats on your losses! I'll be checking in Friday.

ANY loss is a great loss. If you maintained, at least you didn't gain. And if you did gain, so what? As long as you are doing everything you need to be doing, the losses will come!!! :)

Charbar
03-05-2007, 09:57 PM

Ann

Ann..
My goal weight is by no means carved in stone. It's subject to change as I get closer. 146 lbs is exactly 100 lbs for me... plus I know I looked great at 150 lbs.. even though I'm only 5 feet tall.

Right now I'm focused on this months's goal - which is coming up on March 15th!! I'm maintained for the past two weeks - and I have 5 more lbs to go!

IlerJo
03-05-2007, 11:51 PM
That is GREAT! I cant wait till I get below that 200 mark.

SwimGirl
03-06-2007, 02:29 AM
I am one of those said people who stop posting when they aren't doing so good.. I am doing SO good with exercise, 1-2 hours a day, eating fairly good, not 100%, more like 80%.. but am gaining weight. I feel like a fraud when I post and am failing with this weight loss stuff.

Congrats to everyone on your losses.. its very inspiring!

-Aimee

RitzyFritz
03-06-2007, 05:55 AM
Down 1.5 lbs. Slow and stead wins the race, I hear. :smug:

melsfolly
03-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Rhonda - I know exactly how you and Tricia feel about wanting to move into a new weight "decade". At least you're going in the right direction! :)

Good luck next week Dana! I'm sure you'll start seeing a loss once you add in the exercise. I know most people say that once they start exercising they get addicted to it...not me! I have to force myself to exercise for at least an hour a day. And I do mean force! But I'm still optimistic that one day I'll find that perfect exercise for me that will be addicting! And on a high note - at least you maintained!!

Diane - I'm with Rhonda! I'm glad you posted this week even though you hit a rough patch. Good luck next week with the exercise goal!

Aimee - You're still trying so you're not a failure! I have the tendency to gain or maintain some weeks when I have been perfectly on plan both food and exercise wise so I know how frustrating weight gains can be no matter how large or small. Hang in there and keep posting!

Good job to the rest of you losers!

As for me - after a .2 lb gain last week, I'm down 3.6 lbs this week.

Newlifestyle
03-06-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks so much Dana

rockinrobin
03-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Robin? What type of exercise do you do?
You have done so well. Congratulations.

Congratulations to all of you ladies and your successes.

Ann

As far as my exercise goes, it's hard to explain. I'll give it a try. I've yet to step foot in a gym. My exercise keeps changing and increasing as I lose more weight. I started out slowly. Currently I do sit ups, leg lifts, stretching, arm work and I use a resistance band. I also aim to take a 30 minute walk every day. Sometimes it's more, sometimes a little less. I also dance 2x a day, about 25 minute sessions, once in the morning, once in the afternoon or evenings. I don't always get in the 2 sessions, but I often do. I work out of my home so I also try to sneak in a few 5 minute spurts throughout the day of dancing. Sometimes just 2 minutes. I do those little spurts often. It keeps me moving all day long and burns calories. I wear a pedometer and I love to see it move up.

As far as choosing my goal weight, like Dana said it is not written in stone.I'm a short one, only 5 feet tall. I remember being 135 lbs when I was 20 or so. I wasn't thrilled with that number at the time, but now would be grateful for it. I had a hard time getting under that when I was younger, so now that I'm 43 and have had 3 kids I don't think it's realistic for me to think I can get below that. Not to mention I most likely will have some excess skin to deal with that I did not have at 20 years old. We shall see what happens as I get closer. I am not willing to go less then 1200 calories a day and I am not willing to workout 2 -3 hours a day to get to and maintain a certain weight.

Shrinking Daisy
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Well, after a week of eating perfectly on plan and exercising 5 out of 7 days I'm officially UP 1lb. Grrr..... :mad: Maybe next week.

Slashnl
03-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Shrinking Daisy: Gosh do I understand your GRRR! I'm with you on that. Thanks for sharing though. I didn't budge off my last weight, and it is good to know that I'm not alone. Next week, we'll both have big successes!!

LisaMarie71
03-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Congratulations on all the great losses, and for those of you had a maintain or a gain, don't worry -- consistency will pay off!!

I'm trying not to be discouraged, because again, for the 3rd week in a row, I lost one pound. I love losing a pound, don't get me wrong -- but I'm so close to being under 200 and it seems like my body is just taking its sweet time getting there. It would be different if I hadn't stayed on my plan and worked out like a demon. I ran more than I ever have this past week -- 18 miles total -- and I did other exercise as well. I stuck to my eating plan -- in fact, I can't even remember the last day I didn't stick to it. Yes, I know losing a pound is great, but when you run that much you can't help thinking you're burning tons of calories -- and then your body doesn't quite do the math!! Ugh. I'm so afraid I'm hitting a plateau, and what an annoying time to hit one, just before I hit Onederland. The really annoying part is that I've seen 199 on the scale a few times in the past few weeks, but never on my "official" weigh-in day. I fluctuate around 199-202 lately, and today it said 200. Sigh...I'll get there.

Mrs Quadcrew
03-06-2007, 02:30 PM
:hug: You'll be there soon Lisa, and the numbers will just keep gonig down from there too.

Preciouskittenn
03-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Congrats everyone on the losses! Coming here makes me want to try so much harder!
I'm down one little pound this week, after a small late night McDonalds fiasco, so I'm pretty much ok with it!!! I think all the yardwork I've been doing is helping, lord knows I'm sore enough that it should be!

jrenzul
03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I just started here a few days ago, so no loss yet, but at least I'm not eating a lot of junk. It feels good to not feel totally out of control of my eating. The wind chill is -20 right now. This winter is lasting what seems like an eternity. I miss my daily walks! I won't be doing any exercising for at least a week, since I'm having minor surgery tomorrow, and walking will be difficult initially. I'm still hoping for a pound or two this time next week.

djs06
03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Welcome Jrenzul!

It's soooo disgustingly cold, isn't it??? I can't wait until there's some nice warmer weather and walking outside isn't painful to the lungs! Good luck with your surgery.

GirlyGirlSebas
03-07-2007, 09:00 AM
I am one of those said people who stop posting when they aren't doing so good.. I am doing SO good with exercise, 1-2 hours a day, eating fairly good, not 100%, more like 80%.. but am gaining weight. I feel like a fraud when I post and am failing with this weight loss stuff.

Congrats to everyone on your losses.. its very inspiring!

-Aimee

Aimee, I am also struggling. Like you, I'm not having any problems with the exercise. That seems to be the easy part for me. But, I am finding myself trying to sneak in too much on-plan food or very small amounts of foods that are technically not on my plan.....ie. SF ice cream and Sun Chips. My weight loss has slowed down lately and I only have myself to blame. But, I'm not giving up. We'll make it through this road block with persistence!

jennylou
03-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Another 4 pounds lost for this week!

RitzyFritz
03-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Go, losers, go!! Wonderful loses here!

For those who gained or stayed the same, keep on pressing on. You can do it, and we are here for you if you hit a little snag. Just don't give up! No matter what!! I keep telling myself "Just think! It is ALREADY the end of the first week in March 2007! Before long it will be July 4th, and then school starting back, and then Christmas...and then....the New Year. What will I look like then? Since time flies like it does, I can do this!" And you can too!!

royalsfan1
03-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Great post, Ritz. You're absolutely right. Time is marching on even if weigh day to weigh day seems to move so slowly the year is flying by. I'm glad when we get to the end of it we'll all be new "us's".

jennylou
03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Ritzy - you are so right! I can't believe it's March already. There's always something right around the corner: Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year - not to mention bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, summer BBQ's, weddings, vacations, etc that are all unique to our individual lives. This year is going fast and at the end of it, I want to look better and feel better. If a week or so I don't do well, that's okay, because in the grand scheme of things it's about being better overall. :)

royalsfan1
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
jenny...all of those holidays you mentioned equal a WHOLE LOT of mini goals!

jennylou
03-07-2007, 06:11 PM
royalsfan - they sure do! And I have a much easier time focusing on smaller goals than larger goals. :)

SexyRevealed
03-07-2007, 06:15 PM
jenny...all of those holidays you mentioned equal a WHOLE LOT of mini goals!

Yup! I'm trying to set my goals around holidays. After my First Day of Summer goal, I guess a Labor Day goal?

LadySue
03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
My first time posting on the weekly weigh in. Overall I have lost ten pounds. I will do a weekly weigh in next wed.

Congrats to everyone who lost, and twice as much to those who havent seen the scale move but are still in here trying. Everyone here is truely inspiring.

sharonrr
03-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Good morning everyone. The scale has moved down 1 lb. I'll take it.
After no loss last week it moved. :carrot:

lessofsarahtolove
03-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi everybody! :wave: (Special hug to Dana! :hug: )

I got back on plan on Monday and have lost 5 pounds so far since then....it's Thursday now, so I'm a happy girl! ;) Monday's weigh-in was 243, and each day I've posted a loss, ending up this morning with 238. (Gotta love that first week, right? ;) )

Some of you may know or remember me, but so many of you are new to me (and of course I to you!) I look forward to getting to know you all better. Brief bio: I was very active on here in 2004 while I was gettin' jiggy with a 78 pound weight loss. I got derailed by a cancer diagnosis (many of the current treatments for lymphoma cause a weight GAIN not loss, so the "chemo weight loss" for me proved to be a myth!) Regained with treatment with chemo and steroids :devil: , then had trouble getting very motivated after treatment was over, then relapsed and had a bone marrow transplant. I'm now 4 months out of that and still in recovery, but I'm now 110% on plan! My remission is currently in question, but I'm hoping for the best and living my life as if I don't and won't have cancer any more. ;) I ended up with a net loss of 41 pounds going into Monday. I won't bore you with the details of my plan because I'm kinder than that.....but just know that I'm ON it!! :carrot: :carrot:

I'll report back in on Monday with my total for the week!

Love to my old friends (you know who you are!! :goodvibes) and big hugs for everybody! :grouphug:

SexyRevealed
03-09-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm down 2 more pounds!! :)

Sarah, welcome back after going through so much... :hug:

Congrats on a great week everyone!

royalsfan1
03-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Down only half a pound this week. However, I'm not letting myself get TOO upset. My TOM starts today and so I could be at a "high" point of my cycle...haven't been weighing regularly enough to know. I do know that I stayed on plan, exercised, and drank water all week. There is NO WAY I can continue to do those things and not lose weight...so I'll take it .5 lb or 5 lb at a time...just as long as it keeps going! :)

Mrs Quadcrew
03-09-2007, 10:03 AM
GREAT day ladies!! The sun is shining and I'm down another 3.5 pounds!!:carrot: That is now a total of 35.5 in 10 weeks. WOOHOOOO!! I am keeping my eye on ONEderland for this summer!!!

Charbar
03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
That is amazing!! 35 1/2 lbs in 10 weeks. Just incredible!

Great job all of you!

djs06
03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Congrats Mrs. Quadcrew!!! PHENOMENAL!

Sarah, so glad to see you back and kicking that this weight loss thing! You're in my thoughts! :hug:

I'm down 1.5 this week.. not as much as I'd hoped ,but at least it's a loss, and my weekend away last week was probably the culprit. Oh well.

SexyRevealed
03-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Down only half a pound this week. However, I'm not letting myself get TOO upset. My TOM starts today and so I could be at a "high" point of my cycle...haven't been weighing regularly enough to know. I do know that I stayed on plan, exercised, and drank water all week. There is NO WAY I can continue to do those things and not lose weight...so I'll take it .5 lb or 5 lb at a time...just as long as it keeps going! :)

Hey! I'm a daily weigher, and I find that the heaviest day of my cycle is Day 2, but I do get that first gain on the first day. So I'm sure that's what it is. But hey, that's .5 lbs GONE from your body. Congrats!:carrot:

RememberHowToSmile
03-10-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm down 1 pound this week. Which was a lot better then I though because I came back from vacation on Monday and didn't get much exercise in this week.