100 lb. Club - I Exercised Today!!! 3/4 - 3/10

View Full Version : I Exercised Today!!! 3/4 - 3/10

SexyRevealed
03-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Here's a new thread for this week.

Today I did Turbo Sculpt - 40 mins. According to my HRM, I burned 353 calories. :carrot: :carrot:

And I can't believe I'm 25% through my March exercise goal already... Maybe I'll have to bump it up. :D :D :D

LisaMarie71
03-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Way to go, Tiffany! I told you you'd get hooked! ;)

I'm thinking about getting a HRM myself. It's funny -- I used to reward myself with things like cheesecake and chocolate, and now when I think of possible rewards I think of things like new running shoes, a heart rate monitor, a good stopwatch for running, new workout clothes, etc. Oh, how my life has changed!!

Today I did my 60 minute yoga DVD with my husband. We do yoga together every Sunday!

SexyRevealed
03-04-2007, 10:37 PM
I've been wanting to try yoga. What DVD do you have?

I know what you mean about rewards. I got the HRM for my birthday from DH. My mom still wants to buy me a gift, and I'm debating between some hair products (my other obsession) and some new sneakers.

But I'm loving my HRM. It's very motivating. I look at like like, WHAT! I've only burned 200 calories!!! I better get moving!!! LOL.

djs06
03-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Tiffany, that's awesome! What kind of HRM do you have? I've been thinking of getting it as a reward in another 5 lbs or so.

MaWhit
03-05-2007, 01:22 AM
3/4: 20 minutes exercise bike, 10 minute brisk walk :)

SwimGirl
03-05-2007, 02:00 AM
1 hour hike with the bf, with a slight hangover - my tummy was not feeling so hot, but I made it!

Is Turbo Jam good? We sell parts of it at my work for 17 bucks, was considering it. That or more tae-bo with billy blanks - I love how hard it is, heh.

-Aimee

royalsfan1
03-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Yesterday I did 2.5 mi on the elliptical. Today, I did the same and will do WATP later.

SexyRevealed
03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Dana - I have a Polar F6... I got the pink one especially designed for women. It works exactly the same, just cuter. :)

Amiee - I LUV Turbo Jam. It is so much fun. It takes a lot for me to love any exercise. I have to love the routines and I have to love the instructor. It's like TaeBo with better moves set to dancier music. It's really like a party. I'm getting ready to order another package soon.

Shellyknits
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Yesterday the weather was beautiful so I took a couple of laps around the trail at the park while hubby played with the kids (he was trying to teach them to slide down a pole-very comical).

Today back at the Y. Did the weight circuit and 60 mins/2.5 miles on the treadmill.

JennyWenny
03-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Today I went 3 miles on the elliptical(30 min). For the other half hour, I did weights.

Shrinking Daisy
03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Can I join?

Yesterday I piled wood for an hour and a half, I thought that was enough of a workout for the day!

Today I ran for the second time and did 10 minutes of running with 2 one minute walk breaks and a 5 minute warm-up and cool-down (22 minutes total), and 20 minutes on the eliptical.

My legs and butt HATE me right now!

LisaMarie71
03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I've been wanting to try yoga. What DVD do you have?

It's a slightly older Kathy Smith DVD -- she had a couple of yoga tapes, and they compiled them on one DVD. I do the first one because it's more basic. It has about 35 minutes of standing poses and stretches and 25 minutes of floor work. It's really good for me because it's not that challenging but it gives me some nice flexibility work to balance out all the running I've been doing.

Shrinkingdaisy, you're already doing great with your running!! I'm so glad you decided to give it a try!

Speaking of running, I ran 4 miles today, with some hills, and I didn't take any walk breaks. I ran it in 47 minutes, so my pace was an average of 11:45/mile. I'm still slow, but I was surprised I did that well on hills since my pace is usually 12:00. I'm getting stronger and faster!

SexyRevealed
03-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I took today as a rest day because Turbo Sculpt kicked my butt yesterday. It's on tomorrow!!!

Slashnl
03-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I've been avoiding this thread for a long time. Mainly because I didn't have anything to add!! ha!
But, TODAY, I finally willed myself to get up early and go walking. I got up about 5:00 and walked up the road from my house. It was about 30 minutes of walking.
That's big for me. If I can get back on track and start walking every day like I used to, I think I'll make some good progress.

SexyRevealed
03-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Congrats Diane! Sometimes all it takes is that first time to get going.

Well, I can't wait to get home and do SOMETHING! It's funny to me how I've actually come to enjoy exercising. I don't know if I want to do WATP, or Turbo Jam. Probably WATP because I'm still a little sore, and I slept on my shoulder so it's a little sore too.

I'll check back in later. :)

Katy05
03-06-2007, 12:54 PM
I met with a personal trainer at Gold's for the first time last Friday and he seriously kicked my butt. I've been doing cardio (elliptical/treadmill/etc.) for the last couple months but I was not prepared for that. He put me through a circuit drill and I'll be doing that 3x a week (MWF) and on T/Th/Sat/Sun I'll be doing *at least* 30 mins of cardio.

Today is a cardio day and it could change but I'm looking at 35 mins on the elliptical, 10 mins on the stair climber, 10 mins of cooldown on the treadmill and 5 mins of ab work.

royalsfan1
03-06-2007, 03:41 PM
2.5 miles on the elliptical and a WATP video.

LisaMarie71
03-06-2007, 04:37 PM
5 mile run today -- woohoo!! :carrot:

LitChick
03-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Today was my first day of exercising in a loooong time. I went to an area park and walked the loop around the lake twice, for a total of 1 mile. I'm going to try and do that every day for the rest of the week and then add on or mix it up with some other types of exercise (I just bought a stepper and step DVD) next week. Yay me!

royalsfan1
03-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Way to get back into LChick! You go, girl!

nilaof3
03-06-2007, 06:05 PM
today i did 13 min jog and upper body work (53 mins total). im feeling pretty good.

Kamily828
03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
I walked today at the park. I intended on doing 1 mile but I ran into a friend and ended up doing 3 before I knew it. I know I will pay for this tomorrow. My ankles and the bottom of my feet are already killing me!!!!

SexyRevealed
03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Just did 25 mins of cardio and 10 mins abs. Burned 296 calories. :)

Shellyknits
03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Back from the Y. The trainer changed up my circuit and dang I felt the burn! I hour and 2.62 miles on the treadmill.

JennyWenny
03-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I got in 25 min on the elliptical followed by30 min. of upper body weights.

Penney
03-06-2007, 11:59 PM
I did a 30 minute Pilates video - not sure I fell in love with it... and some situps....

GirlyGirlSebas
03-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Yesterday, did my 60 minutes on the treadmill. Its taking more and more effort to raise my heart rate into the cardio zone.....my heart's getting stronger!

Slashnl
03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Went on a mile walk this morning. I hope to increase the distance soon, but I need to get up a little earlier! I also had to explain to my daughter that although I take my cell phone, I don't want her to call me. It is dark out there, so I use the phone for a clock and a "just in case" tool. That early in the morning, in the dark, it is quiet... and then your phone rings!! Talk about a jolt to your heart!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
60 minutes on the lovely treadmill again.

EgyptianPrincess
03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
am new to this thread (the whole site actually)...
I would like to join please...

so yesterday I used my dust elliptical.. I chose the 500 calorie program. I did that in about 40 mins at level 3.. for the last 2 mins I put it up to level 4 and felt my thighs go WOW.. so I would really love to go up a notch level wise..

Tonight I want to do it. But i won't write it till I DO IT!

(side note.. I am amazed at how many of you ladies run.. with all this weight I have... I can't even begin to THINK about running. I know I need to start with walking.. but I feel like walking is not REAL exercies as it doesn't make me sweat!?)

LisaMarie71
03-07-2007, 04:58 PM
(side note.. I am amazed at how many of you ladies run.. with all this weight I have... I can't even begin to THINK about running. I know I need to start with walking.. but I feel like walking is not REAL exercies as it doesn't make me sweat!?)

If you walk fast enough, you'll sweat like crazy! If you're on a treadmill and you crank up the incline, the sweat will pour! I think a lot of people just kind of stroll, but you really have to make sure you're working pretty hard so it's worth the time and effort -- have to get the heart rate up to burn those calories.

If you ARE interested in running, however, check out the Couch-to-5k plan on the coolrunnings website (we talk about it a lot on 3FC). I did my own version of it, and I weighed about 250 when I started. Sure, running is a heck of a lot easier now that I'm 50 pounds lighter than that, and it will get easier as I progress, but I'm a firm believer in giving it a try before losing all your weight. Do be careful about your knees, of course. If you have bad knees, you may want to check with a doctor, and if you start having lots of knee pain, take it easy. I had some knee pain in the beginning, but I iced them and rested when I needed to, and I don't have it anymore. Check out the "Cool Runners" thread in the Exercise forum -- lots of inspirational runners in there who can give you great advice. I always thought people who like running were a bit crazy, but I still kind of felt myself drawn to it. Now I'm hooked, and I like getting other people into it!!

If you have any questions about being a beginning runner, feel free to PM me! :) I'll try to share what I know, which isn't really all that much! :lol:

By the way...

:welcome3:

LitChick
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM
It doesn't take much to get my heart rate up these days, so another mile walk for me. And today hubby even joined me for the walk. Plus I cleaned my car inside and outside, and I'm counting that sweat as exercise!

I am thinking of getting a heart rate monitor, but am not sure how comfortable those chest straps would be (or if they would even fit). Does anyone have any input on HRMs?

Penney
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I went to Curves - was able to jog on all the recovery boards - I am getting pretty good at that... I am thinking about starting a little bit of walking outside (if it ever warms up here).... time to expand my horizons to the great outdoors.........

SexyRevealed
03-07-2007, 09:41 PM
It doesn't take much to get my heart rate up these days, so another mile walk for me. And today hubby even joined me for the walk. Plus I cleaned my car inside and outside, and I'm counting that sweat as exercise!

I am thinking of getting a heart rate monitor, but am not sure how comfortable those chest straps would be (or if they would even fit). Does anyone have any input on HRMs?

I do!!! I have a Polar F6 that I got for my birthday last week. Don't worry about the chest strap. I got the Large size and it adjusts from 27 - 63 inches. It's very comfortable. I don't even know it's there. It goes under your breasts, about where the bottom of your bra line would fall.

DH ordered mine from heartratemonitorsusa.com. If you use the code GALAXY you get 20% off the price plus Free shipping!

SexyRevealed
03-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Oh, and I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party tonight. 45 mins, 466 calories GONE!!!

LisaMarie71
03-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I should try Turbo Jam -- it seems like you have a lot of fun with it, Tiffany!

Today I did a 10-minute warmup walk on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and then a 60-minute bodysculpting class.

SexyRevealed
03-08-2007, 12:11 AM
I should try Turbo Jam -- it seems like you have a lot of fun with it, Tiffany!

Today I did a 10-minute warmup walk on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and then a 60-minute bodysculpting class.

I know everyone is probably tired of me talking about it :dizzy: , but it is literally the most fun workout I've ever tried. If you like kickboxing, dancing, and party music, you will love it! Today was my first day finishing the Cardio Party tape. I tried it once before (very early on) and could only make it 10 mins. So I went in with the idea of doing 20 mins. 20 mins came and I didn't want to stop. Honestly, I've never done 45 mins of cardio in my life. There's just something about Turbo Jam... :D :D :D

royalsfan1
03-08-2007, 02:11 PM
2.5 mi on the elliptical. I may add a WATP video in a little while.

Slashnl
03-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Increased up to 1 1/2 miles on my walk this morning. No problem!!!

royalsfan1
03-08-2007, 03:56 PM
2.5 mi on the elliptical. I may add a WATP video in a little while.

Just added the 1 mile video. :running:

Shellyknits
03-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Today was my cardio day at the Y. I did 1 hour and 2.79 miles. I was able to go 3mph the last 5 mins. That's a big improvement for me! Still trying to gear up to walk a 5k in April.

SexyRevealed
03-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Did 40 mins of WATP. 349 calories GONE!!! :)

Tomorrow is my rest day. Keep it moving ladies!!!

LisaMarie71
03-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Way to go, Shelly! If you're walking 2.79 miles now, that 5k in April will be no problem! :)

Tonight I struggled a bit, but I managed 2 miles of running and 1 of walking on the treadmill. I did speed intervals in my running -- I was going for 3 miles of running, but it just wasn't happening tonight. I'm having some issues with my ankle, and I'm terrified of injuring it before the race. I'm taking tomorrow off, I think...

SexyRevealed
03-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Lisa, a day off is probably the best thing you can do for yourself. Get better soon! :hug:

lessofsarahtolove
03-09-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm easing back into an exercise regimen because I'm recovering from a bone marrow transplant. Ironically, the last time I worked out with any regularity was when I was in the hospital for several weeks getting the transplant! I tried to get in a mile whenever I could (23 laps around the floor!) and I was slow with my pole (seeing us all walking around there was like a bad version of "Night of the Living Dead!" :eek: ) but damned if I didn't do it! Since getting out, though -- not much. I've got some residual transplant-related joint pain and neuropathy (foot pain and numbness) so they hinder things, but I'm not going to allow them to stymie my efforts any longer! :s:

I got back on plan this week (it's Friday now, and I started on Monday.) Here's what I've done for the week:

Monday - Biked 35 minutes
Tuesday - Biked 25 minutes
Wednesday - Walked outside for 1 hour
Thursday - Recovery
Friday - So far, Leslie Sansone's Power Walk 1-mile, but I plan to do more later

I'll either do more Leslie, or bike....not sure which. I'll check back later!

lessofsarahtolove
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Yep, did the Leslie Power Mile again. Hard to get through the second time around because my cardiovascular health is still crappy (but not for long!) and I lost so much muscle mass (but I'll get it back!)

I actually feel like crap :lol: but at least my conscience is clean! :D

royalsfan1
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
2.5 miles on the elliptical. One more day at that and then bumping up a lap to 2.75 miles. :)

LisaMarie71
03-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Tricia, yay for bumping it up! Woohoo! :carrot:

Today I did a 5.5 mile run with the 10k training team. A few walk breaks on hills, but not as many as last week.

royalsfan1
03-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Today I just finished my last 2.5 mi run on the elliptical. Tomorrow is 2.75 mi! :D

Way to go on your run, Lisa!!

Casey4
03-11-2007, 05:20 PM
I am on Day 68 of my healthy eating plan. I have been trying to be more active each day but hadn't started a regular exercise plan. However, Today I walked 30 minutes! and even better I took my 9yo twins with me! :carrot:
Kallan is starting with a Runner's Club in April and wants to increase her endurance and Melissa came to keep us company. I am going to walk 30 minutes every day this week.

Way to go everyone! :carrot: :carrot:

Kathy

royalsfan1
03-11-2007, 05:28 PM
2.75 mi run on my elliptical! :D Felt great! I can't believe that I'm only 1 week away from doing 3 miles! I remember when I first got the thing...3 minutes nearly killed me!

SexyRevealed
03-11-2007, 05:36 PM
2.75 mi run on my elliptical! :D Felt great! I can't believe that I'm only 1 week away from doing 3 miles! I remember when I first got the thing...3 minutes nearly killed me!

Isn't amazing how quickly we progress? I could NEVER do more than 30 mins of straight cardio without having to take a break. Now I'm up to 45, working up to 60 mins. Congrats Tricia!

Today I did 35 mins of Turbo Jam (some Turbo Sculpt, some of the 20 min workout).

LisaMarie71
03-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Tiffany and Tricia, you are making FANTASTIC progress!! You should be so proud of yourselves!! :cb:

Today I ran 3.5 miles (in 39 minutes, which is fast for me) and did a 60-minute yoga DVD.