Mini-Goals - My clothes are starting to fit again!

trekkiegirl
03-03-2007, 04:10 PM
So the scale is telling me I lost 17 pounds these past two months but I wasn't really seeing it or feeling it until yesterday.

I have these jeans that a few weeks ago I was forcing myself into...the whole "hold your breath, suck in your gut and try to yank that zipper up hard as you can while giving yourself callouses on your fingers" scenario. :p Yesterday I tried them on and they fit...no hard labor involved! :D Then today I put on a jacket I also hadn't worn for a few months and noticed that it fit me looser and I didn't look quite as round in it. :^:

It's strange...our perceptions of our bodies...what we see or don't see. Others saw it before I did. I mean, I believed what the scale was telling me but I didn't "see" it until I put those jeans on. :p

PinkyPie
03-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Ellie, that is awesome!! I am going to feel what you feel and SOON!

Isn't it so great to get back into those clothes we love and not have to struggle? Way to go!! Keep up the good work!

Elizabeth04
03-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Congratulations Ellie! I bet you are looking slim, trim, and fabulous!

sweet_talker
03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
:high: nice work I love trying on clothes that didn't use to fit!

Stinger
03-03-2007, 08:35 PM
That is the best feeling. Way to go.

trekkiegirl
03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks, guys! :)

I don't know about the "slim and trim" part but I'm glad I'm at least heading in that general direction. :p

I have a closet in my basement full of jeans for all sizes, lol. Hopefully, I'll be able to fit into some of those soon. :)

cajungal328
03-04-2007, 08:53 PM
I gave away all my thin clothes... well, maybe that was a good thing, since they are 10 years old and pretty much out of style...

Guess I will have to buy some more in a few months...

adsims
03-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Ellie -
Hats off to you. Sounds like it might be time to treat your self to a new pair of jeans. I like to give away my old "thin" cloths to charity and treat myself to new cloths as I lose weight. :)

Cheryl14
03-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Ellie!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those victories over clothes!!!:high:

I know what you mean about the perceptions of our bodies. When we're fat we are tricked into thinking that we are actually thinner, and when we get thinner...well, we still feel that we are as fat as we were before or close to it! Confusing!:dizzy:

Cheryl