Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2007, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 126/114/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Weight and Finances

Once I started getting my weight and my health under control, I have since started focusing more on my financial health. Maybe it's because I watched the market go down more than a few points this week, but I am focusing more of my time and energy on my finances instead of my weight.

Has anyone else noticed this when you started to get back on track with your weight and your health?
MicheleKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #2  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

For me it was the other way around...I had a horrible credit score...about 3 years ago...I just bought a condo and I think in my head I just want to be all around healthy...sometimes its a struggle (is it me or does "bad" food seem cheaper) but overall I know in the long run I will be better.

Hope I didn't completely miss the mark with this post, but has been on my mind lately...
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Suze Orman says that as you get finances under control your weight will drop. And conversely, if you're feeling financially strapped, your weight goes up. Some sort of compensation thing. But I'm not sure it's a long term up or down.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I think in general there may be a connection for a lot of people...care more about themselves, not coasting through life, more forward thinking, emotional shopping, stress from finances= eat, etc.

I've always been a finance nut so it doesnt make much difference here.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm a financial nut as well. I like monitoring my finances and make sure everything is in order.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #6  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

I love Suze Orman. Yeah, my weight and the rest of my life are connected. When I keep a watch on my weight, I put more effort into work and keeping up the house.

At first I thought this thread might be about how eating less saves money. My husband just brought home take out food, and he was remarking about how lunch only cost $10 -- cheap around Honolulu. I realized it was because I hadn't ordered the appetizer that I usually have.

Back when Hubby and I followed a weekly budget for food, we were eating better. Hmm, something to think about.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:29 PM   #7  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I have noticed and thought myself, that bad food is so much cheaper. It was a good excuse for why I couldnt eat healthy, when I finally clued in "****, idiot? Healthy food is just as cheap if you eat it in REASONABLE portions". Yeah, I talk to myself.

For the topic, I do notice, as I get healthier and happier with ME, inside and out, I'm getting the rest of my life back on track. In fact, I have an appt Tuesday for a school, and am looking into renting a better apt/house, so that I'll be closer to school, finishing school allows me to provide better for my kids and family, which gives all of us more advantages. So, yeah I do agree, I think when we not only clue into our health crisis, we clue into some other issues as well.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:56 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

you know I was thinking...for me its not finances, because I was a finance geek...but now that I am losing I am getting my housekeeping better, decluttering and organizing.

I think its the same thing, I am cleaning up my life...for me its my weight and my house, for others its their weight and their finances....where else in your life did you take the less healthy habits.

overindulgent behavior isnt limited to food, so its not surprising that once you learn to control impulse behavior in one area you can carry it over elsewhere.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

I've packed on 50 pounds since my marriage ended, and money management as a single mom is no fun. Not a lot of room for error. This thread has made me think about the impact of the possible correlation.
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Huh. I thought this thread was going to be about how much more it costs to eat healthy than it does junk food.

Because I've seriously done the math, & eating healthy is WAY MORE COST than eating crap all the time. The fresh ingredients for a salad that includes lettuce, tomato, peppers, cucumbers & carrots can add up to over $10, while a salad from a buffet can be as low as $4.99.

Go figger.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have also noticed that since taking better care of my health that I care more about my house looking nice and my budget staying on track. I am now planting a garden for healthy veggies (and to save money) and planting shrubs and flowers to beautify my yard.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote