Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Jenny Craig Members

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Jenny Craig Members

sunshine
03-03-2007, 06:08 AM
I've been on Jenny Craig since May 2006. Love the food...love the consultants...love that it works.

This week has really been good for me. I'm still trying to lose a little weight that I gained back in Jan and Feb but I'm back exercising 5 to 6 times a week and not eating out so much so I know the weight will come back off.

How is everyone else doing? Let's hear from you.

chrstna446
03-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi Sunshine. How did the weigh-in go?

I weighed in today and was down 0.8 lbs for two weeks. Not as much as I'd hoped but a decent loss none the less.

I really want to make a push for next week. I need new resolve. I think I've done o.k. over the last month and a half, but I feel like I'm still in a funk. I've been o.k on the plan, but I've noticed I'm grazing more than before. I also need to kick up the excercise some more. I've been thinking about joining a gym. I'm not too excited about it, but I feel like I need to do more than I am.

I hope everyone else is doing good.

sunshine
03-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi Christina - congrats on .8 lbs. At least you are going in the right direction! I've been up and down for some time now. I think I was down a couple of pounds from the last time I weighed-in, so I just have to keep that momentum going, know what I mean? I have a lot of catching up to do.

I had been picking the same food choices over and over again so this week I picked mostly items I haven't had for a while, just to shake things up!

CHICKpea3241
03-09-2007, 10:34 AM
hello sunshine and christina!!
i joined jenny again for the i don't know maybe 20th time!! i have been a extra bad diet junky the past couple of months!! just three days ago i joined Weight watchers and last week i was doing South Beach. actually about a month ago i even did cabbage soup diet haha!! i'm driving myself insane, because i just dont have the will power to stick with any of these. i quit smoking and gained 22 lbs that i couldnt afford to gain back, i was 8 pounds away from my goal in august and i totally did some self-sabatoging:devil: sooo i know myself sooo well that i knew it was jenny time to kick myself back into gear. soo i hope we can keep eachother motivated to stick to the plan...not saying u have problems its me that can't seem to stay with anything lately!! well im glad there is a jenny member site. looking forward to losin the rest of my weight and reaching my goal this time!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar057/chick01/lb/215/130/158/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

chrstna446
03-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Welcome, Chickpea!

I think I'm the diet expert. I think I've tried a lot of the diets out there, so I can really relate to all your different efforts. I will say I've had the most success over the years with Jenny and with Weight Watchers. I think Jenny Craig is really working for my right now because it helps to keep me focused. But I will say the mind set is the most important part. I tried JC for the 2nd time a few years ago and I have to admit I did it very half a**sed and did not have much weight loss. This time, I was at a point where I just had that extra motivation to do this and this program is more important to me right now than having that donut or bagel at work or going out to dinner and having a big plate of fattening foods.

It looks like you have lost a lot of weight, so I applaud you for continuing to try to find the right plan for you right now. Please know that we're here for you!

Hey Sunshine - how's the food variety going? I know mixing it up helps me not get bored, so I try not to eat the same things every week. Even the few foods I resisted have been pretty good. Have you tried the new salmon yet? I'm tempted to try, but I'm not much of a fish eater . . . Let me know if you've tried it and what your thoughts are.

I weigh-in tomorrow, so everyone think good thoughts for me!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

sunshine
03-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Welcome Chickpea - congratulations on quitting smoking! Stick with Jenny and you'll lose the weight...you can do it.

How did your weigh-in go Christina? I have not tried the salmon yet and don't know if I will. I do like the fish and chips though.

chrstna446
03-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi Sunshine,

Well, I lost a whopping 0.2 lbs :rolleyes: I guess I should be happy it's not a gain, but I was hoping for at least a pound.

I still do have my resolve to try my best to work this program. I know the weight will follow, even if it isn't when I want it or as much as I want it. I really want to get to my goal.

I agree about the fish and chips, and it sounds like you feel the same way about the salmon. I'll let you know if I get brave.

Please, let me now how you are doing!

Christina

CHICKpea3241
03-12-2007, 09:48 PM
hey sunshine and christina!! today is day 4 for me and im doing pretty good. i didnt try the salmon either!! i did try the burrito and meatball sub and they both were pretty good. i have weigh-in on thursday so ill let u know. sooo happy to have jenny back in my life haha!!! and im booking a last min. trip in 2 weeks and would like to be a little smaller. hope u all are doing great!!! ttyl

sunshine
03-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Hi Christina and Chickpea! Way to go on losing .2 lbs Christina. You're on the right track. Chickpea - sounds like you have a great attitude about the whole program. Keep it up!

We did some hiking on Saturday but nothing on Sunday or yesterday so today we're going to get some exercise some how!!

houseelf
03-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello ladies! I am starting Jenny this Friday! I can't wait. I have done it before, but I was driving for just under 2 hrs to get to a center and that did not last long. That has been over a year ago and I had not made any progress on my own. Now I am going to try the home delivery system. I enjoyed reading your posts, seeing how positive you guys are and getting success from the program. I will let you know how it goes!

sunshine
03-15-2007, 07:48 AM
:welcome2: houseelf! I didn't realize JC had a delivery system. How does it work? Half of my motivation comes from knowing I have to go weigh-in!:goodscale

Speaking of weighing in, I'll be doing that tomorrow. I've been doing pretty good this week and exercising too.

:dust: to everyone!

funniegrrl
03-15-2007, 12:51 PM
It's called Jenny Direct, I believe. You weight at home and do your consultation over the phone with a corporate consultant. The food is delivered, so of course you pay a shipping fee, but the rest of the costs are the same. And yes, they ship the frozen food.

houseelf
03-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Yes, funniegrrl is correct. You get the food just as you would at the center. You give them a convenient time for someone to call you. That was today and she talked to me for 18 minutes about everything. It actually was much more than I talked to anyone when I went in to the center. But I do realize that I have to take on more initiative since I will personally be weighing myself. That worries me a little. I also like going in to the center for weigh-ins. I went ahead and started the program today and I have already eaten everything hahahaha.

I noticed on a different thread someone commented they did not lose on JC as well as NS. I guess I will find out. (Also commented that JC was more "processed" than NS, but honestly some of the NS food was not even recognizable to me!)

The counselor assured me that the only way I would not lose is if I did not follow the program. I would love to hear how you guys are doing. You each have made fantastic progress. Did you do it all on JC?

Thanks for the welcome Sunshine! And I can use all the willpower dust I can get!!!!!!!

CHICKpea3241
03-17-2007, 01:57 PM
hello everyone!!!
welcome houseelf and funniegrrl!! well i had weigh in on thursday and i lost 6 lbs. !!!! yipee i was thrilled!! i dont know how to make my weight tracker come up everytime i write! can somebody please give simple instructions!! well all of you sound great and if u stick to the plan you will lose!! i am so into the diet this time its amazing!! i've also been doing 45 min cardio 5 days a week! that helps.
houseelf~ i have lost the majority of my weight on the zone diet and some on jenny and a little on the south beach diet!! last year i did jenny for 3 months lost 15 lb. then lost another 10 on south beach but unfortunately gained back 20 from quitting smoking!! but back on track with Jenny!!

sunshine
03-18-2007, 02:50 AM
Congratulations on losing 6 lbs Chickpea! That's fantastic. Sounds like you have a great exercise program going too. To get your weight tracker, go to User CP at the top of this page and then click on Edit Signature and follow the directions.

Houseelf - I lost all my weight on JC. It took me from mid May until right before Christmas. Then Christmas and two vacations happened - yadda, yadda, yadda....I gained about 8 lbs back. But I'll lose that and get to my goal sooner or later!

My favorite thing is not having to cook much. My husband is following along using lean cuisines and salads, so I only cook on weekends. I love not having to cook when I get home from work.

houseelf
03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Way to go Chickpea! 6 lbs is great!!!!!!!! Actually, it would be especially great for me right now, because I FINALLY worked up the nerve to weigh. I know, Friday was my first day on JC direct and I used my last known weight as my weight, thinking I surely had not gained much. (It has been a year since I weighed and I have been exercising 5 xs a week.) I admit, I did feel like I had gained a little.) But I was very disappointed to see that I had acutally gained 6 lbs. :( But I will try not to dwell on that. I guess I need to fix my weight ticker. Oh, and tell the counselor this Friday. That will be a little hard to explain. HAHA.

Sunshine, you have really been inspirational today, and I needed that! I can tell that you have made up your mind, and that is a huge part of meeting any goal. Hopefully I will do as well on JC as you have.

chrstna446
03-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Hello everyone. Welcome Houseelf!

I weighed-in today and I'm down 3.2 lbs.:cb:

It feels really good to have a good drop like that instead of the dribs and drabs I've been experiencing lately!

Good luck on your first week, Houseelf, and welcome to the board. I know this board helps me stay motivated. It's good to have people to share your diet stuggles and successes.

I hope this week's weight loss helps me this week.

Good luck to all of you.:goodluck:

purplepansy912
03-18-2007, 08:33 PM
hey everyone.. I joined Jenny last wed ( haven't weighed in yet).
I see some of you do Jenny direct, do you like it? Have you gone to the center? I am fortunate that I have a center half hour from me, but the convience of mail is nice, but the accountability is also something I need.. yikes! I'm enjoying the food, but really don't like the chicken cashew:no:
What is everyone's fave Jenny meal???

beberooo
03-18-2007, 10:37 PM
Hello girls!
Well I just started Jenny Craig on Friday and am very exited about it.
I think is great as of right now, the last diet I tried was 6 wk body make over and was horrible!!!
I have tried WW and Adkins...maybe a few more out there.
I like the weekly meeting idea. I will have my first meeting on Friday and can't wait!!!
I am very impress with all the weight that most of the girls on this forum have lost and hope to be like that one day. I gained 80 pounds after my first son and it has been 7 1/2 years now. :(
Please if any one have any advise I will really appreciate it!!
I need all the help I can get.
Thank you and God bless you all ;)

sunshine
03-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Congrats Christina on your big loss. That's great!

Welcome Purplepansy (great looking family!) and Ileana.

I'm not crazy about the cashew chicken either or the sweet and sour chicken and I don't buy the soups but I like everything else. My favorite breakfasts are the sunshine sandwich and the french toast (although mostly, I eat my own high fiber cereal). My favorite lunches are the swedish meatballs, lemongrass chicken, beef chow mein and turkey burger. My favorite dinners are mac and cheese, beef sirloin and rice, and chicken fettuccine. My favorite snack is the pita puffs (but they're on the discontinue list). So I like a wide variety of Jenny's food and I don't get tired of it. I love the convenience.

Hope everyone's having a good week and getting some exercise!

houseelf
03-20-2007, 03:17 PM
You are right, Sunshine, the variety of food looks promising to me. I am only on day 5! But this time feels really different for me. I have really MADE UP MY MIND :) and it feels great to be able to discuss things with like-minded people! I can relate Ileana the "baby" weight thing. My "baby" is 10 years old!!! Better late than never!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

sunshine
03-21-2007, 07:49 PM
How are all you ladies doing?

For dinner tonight, I had the lasagna, broccoli and some sugar free jello for dessert. It was quite tasty!!

Now I need to go into the living room and turn on one of those exercise programs and get busy!!

houseelf
03-23-2007, 02:06 PM
So how is everyone doin? I lost 2 lbs! I "guess" that will do!

sunshine
03-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Way to go houseelf - 2 lbs is great. I lost .8 lbs and I "guess" that will do for me, too!!

I set my original goal weight at 170 when I started last May but as I got closer to that I was considering changing it to 160 (which is what my ticker here said). I would have to really struggle to keep my weight that low so I've decided to change it to 165. I think as long as I stay between 165 and 170, I'll be doing great!

We went out to eat last night, so I've got to get out there and exercise the extra calories out of my system!! There's plenty of work to do around the house to accomplish that this weekend!

houseelf
03-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Great Sunshine! I think that .8 lbs is great after having already lost40 something pounds!!!!!!! In the past I have always given up because of my impatience, but I really mean to stick with it for the long haul this time! You are really an inspiration because you obviously made up your mind and have not quit.

Man what I would do to be 5' 9" !!!!!!!!! Lucky girl ;) Hopefully my daughter will be taller than my 5' 4". She is almost as tall as I am now and she is 10.

chrstna446
03-24-2007, 07:27 PM
:bravo: Way to go Sunshine & Houseelf!

Both of you are doing well. If only we could just wish the weight away, we'd all be very skinny. But this is hard work!

I've had a good week so far, but I'm never quite sure what the JC scale will say. Tomorrow is weigh-in and I'll report back to you.

I went to the eye doctor this week and it looks like I'll be having a cornea transplant in the next few months. This, of course, is a little scary, but I've done my best to try to educate myself about it and have found that it probably isn't as scary as it sounds. I think the thing that worries me is how it will affect my weight loss. The doctor says I should be able to go back to work and drive within two weeks, so I'm sure I can stock up on the Jenny food. I do worry about the exercise. I'll have to take it very easy for awhile - how long I'm not sure. I've been thinking about joining the gym, but I'll have to forgo that, at least for now. I won't be able to lift heavy things or bend over for awhile as to not cause any pressure on my eye.

I fear that going back to a more sedentary lifestyle will have a negative affect on what I've accomplished. The surgery will be an important help for my health, but I need to make sure that I stay even more focused on the diet than I am now.

Christina

chrstna446
03-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Woo, hoo 0.2 lbs.! O.K. really not much of a loss, but I had a great one last week so I can't complain. It isn't a gain and that's a good thing.

Everyone have a great week!

Christina

beberooo
03-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Well you girls were so right and this is the best thing that could happened to me in a long time. I lost 8 pounds in my first week!!! My first meeting went very well. I love the foods and I am not craving stuff. Is great and I will work very hard to keep it up. It took time to get it all I just have to remember that it will take time to loose it all...:o

sunshine
03-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Christina - keep us posted on your cornea transplant issue. Sounds like you have a good attitude about it. Don't worry about your exercise, just follow doctor's orders and eat healthy and you can resume your exercise when the time comes. You've done a great job so far.

Ileana - what a great job you did losing weight your first week and glad you like your consultant. I've had the same one since I started and she's a gem!

sunshine
03-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Houseelf - How are you doing on your Jenny Direct? Yes, I enjoy my "tallness". I wish my daughter (20 yrs old) was taller....she's "only" 5'7"ish but both her grandmas are 5'4".

houseelf
03-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for asking, Sunshine! I am doing fine. I am enjoying the diet itself because it is really easy to follow. I am trying to keep from getting impatient with the scales, because I am like that! But I have dug in my heels this time and I don't care if I only lose a little every week. I know that it will add up in the long run. I don't care how long it takes!!!!!!!!!! I am really sticking to plan.

sunshine
03-29-2007, 06:32 AM
I'm with you houseelf....I'm in it for the long haul and if I only lose ounces every week, I'm happy. Congratualtions for sticking to the plan!

Fairyprences
04-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Hi, I just signed up with Jenny Craig today.... I'm hoping that I can be part of this group and get to know you all. I'm 23 from southern california, hoping to loose twenty or so lbs

houseelf
04-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Hello Fairyprences! Welcome! I am kind of new myself and have found everyone to be really motivational and supportive.

Is everyone doing okay this week? I have finally made my peace with getting on the scales, and actually am kind of enjoying watching them slooooowwwwwly inch down. My counselor did not call me for our last chat, but it was not an important date for anything. Hopefully I will hear from her this Friday, or I will have to call her.

sunshine
04-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Welcome Fairyprences...I think you'll love Jenny Craig...I know I do.

Houseelf...I know what you mean about watching the scale go down. Love it!

I just heard that Valerie Bertinelli has started Jenny Craig and has around 40 lbs to lose. I just caught the tail end of the story on tv but I hope they'll be doing commercials with her in them.

2BAbeachbabe
04-06-2007, 10:02 PM
After looking at different groups and programs I have decided to give JC a try again. I lost my college weight for my wedding 12 years ago with JC. Now, after my 3rd child (3yrs after!) I have been frantically trying everything in sight to lose this weight. I have even tried JC twice in that time. But, after reading through other forums I think this is the most managable for my lifestyle. I do tend to get sick of the food after a while so I may just have to do some sensible meal on my own days here and there.

I went to pick up my food today and I am debating if I will start tomorrow or after Easter.

I am so excited to get this weight off!! I am not sure if my avatar is correct with my real weight today so that may have to be adjusted.

I saw the new posters with Valerie and Kristi at the center today. Very cool!
:cool:

beckstarla
04-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this website and new to the JC world. I made an appointment to go in and speak to someone at the JC center down the street from my house for this coming Wednesday. I am really nervous and excited to join JC. My parents are on Nutrisystem and they love it, but to me all the food looked brown, so I decided to do my own program and decided that Jenny Craig worked the best for me.

Last year I turned 30 and decided to get myself healthy. Mentally, physically, and spiritually. So far I have been committed to the mentally, spiritually and physically active portion but the food part is still way out of control. If I am going to continue working out 4 days a week with a trainer, then I need to get some help with my eating. So here I am....

I have been reading the past posts you all have placed on here and I am super excited to be joining your community and can't wait to share my success and failures with you all. A girl needs support in times like this.

Here is to the scales moving down and the love of ourselves moving up!!

2BAbeachbabe
04-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, I am officially starting today. I changed my ticker to reflect a slight weight gain probably from Easter and birthdays the last two weeks.:( I got my food on Friday. With a funeral Saturday and Easter Sunday I decided today would be the day for me. I live 45 minuetes from my closest center but that gives me an excuse to get into town and go shopping more often.:D

I hope everyone survived Easter. I have put my childrens baskets up high so they can pick just two things for the day rather that being in them every time I turn around! Plus out of sight, out of mind for me!

Fairyprences
04-10-2007, 04:44 PM
I had my first weigh in today, and it was sooo disapointing, I only lost two ounces... I was hoping for at least a lb....how long did it take for you all to start loosing weight on jc?

momof2gr8kids
04-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi!
I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been on every diet you can name, including most recently WW and SBD. However, the one that seemed to work the best for me and my busy schedule is Jenny Craig. I'm a working mom of 2 toddlers, and I just celebrated my big 4-0! This year I have been making a lot of changes, but the one thing that has always been a struggle with me has been my relationship with food and exercise....love food, hate exercise...not a good combination for keeping the weight off!

Anyway, seeing Valerie Bertinelli on tv and in People this week just made something click in my head and I picked up the phone today to call my JC center. I have an appt tomorrow at lunch time and I've already gone online and picked out my meals for next week. I first joined JC about 3 years ago and lost almost 20 lbs (baby weight from my 1st child who was 2 at the time!) before becoming pregnant with my 2nd child. One thing I really loved about JC was the fact that I really didn't have to think about food prep too much. That let me focus on enjoying the food and other things. I tend to be the kind of person who can use planning as procrastination...I can plan something to death and never actually do it. When I was on WW, it was so hard to stay focused because I'd get overwhelmed with all of the planning that I needed to do.

I haven't gained all of the weight back, but I still would like to lose about 20 pounds.

Hope to share successes and tips as we do this together!

sunshine
04-11-2007, 07:17 PM
:wave: Welcome everyone! So glad to have more people to discuss Jenny Craig with!

Don't give up if your weight loss slows down a bit. It could just be water retention for some reason or maybe try boosting your exercise a bit. I know the closer I get to my goal, the slower the weight comes off.:mad:

I haven't seen any new commercials with Valerie yet but I'm looking forward to it. She's really cute!

My favorite thing about JC is having the food prepared and measured out also. I do not like coming home from work and having to prepare a whole dinner. It helps that Jenny's food tastes so good, too.:yes:

beckstarla
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi Ladies,

So I officially joined Jenny Craig yesterday and boy was my head spinning when I left the center. I was there for almost 2 1/2 hours with the Center Director. I have decided not to start the program until Sunday. I need a few days to really read the materials and wrap my brain around how this all works. Plus I want to make sure I take my time grocery shopping and really get everything I am going to need for the week. I am super excited to start though!!

How has everyone's week been so far?

sunshine
04-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Well, beckstarla...how have your first few days gone? Do you love the food and the convenience? Keep us posted.

momof2gr8kids...how about you? Did you join?

How is everyone else doing?

momof2gr8kids
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Well, beckstarla...how have your first few days gone? Do you love the food and the convenience? Keep us posted.

momof2gr8kids...how about you? Did you join?

I re-joined on Thursday and started on Friday. My weight was a wee bit higher than when I stopped last time, but not too bad considering it's been 3+ years....although I have been up and down during that time.

I weighed in at 141.4 and have set my JC goal as 125...my personal goal is 120. So far so good on the plan. The food tastes better than I remember it. The only meal I haven't cared for so far is the thai lemongrass chicken. The beef chow mein is awesome, and I even liked the bean and ham soup...reminds me of campbell's bean with bacon without the salt. I had the walnut brownie last night and savored every bite! My all time favorite is the Sunshine sandwich....if they ever got rid of that I don't know what I'd do...it's a nice filling breakfast and I feel like I'm cheating whenever I eat it!

I also joined the gym down the street from my house. It's about 2 miles away and it's an all female gym...I think that helps me feel more comfortable going and eliminates that meat-market aspect of many of the elite gyms (at least here where I live it's that way). It's small but I kind of like that too...not so overwhelming. I think I'm going to start with the program they set up for me first and see how I do...cardio 3x minimum a week (treadmill most likely...no way I could hack the eliptical right now, but it looks fun!) and my strength training on their circuit equipment. I had my orientation on Friday. One of the exercises is hanging leg raises, and omg am I ever weak in my upper body. There is no way I could hold myself up on that thing, let alone raise my knees to my chest...! I have made that a goal of mine....5 hanging leg raises...haven't set a time frame yet though.

I decided I'll start my workouts tonight after work...treadmill and maybe upper body. Oh, and they weighed and measured me at the gym and also took a body fat reading (30% --- eeek). They set a goal for me of 29% BF this month, with a fat loss of I think 2.5 pounds. I'm sure I can do that....I'm actually hoping for better with JC on my side! The other thing I found out at the gym....I'm shorter than I always thought (maybe I'm shrinking?). For years in high school, I always said I was 5'2". Then I started WW and they measured me and found I was 5'3". The gym measured me last night....5'2"!

beckstarla
04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi Ladies,

I started the program on Sunday and i have to tell you that I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of food! I was a little bit skeptical since I have never done this program before and wasn't really sure what to expect, but so far so good.

I will admit that there is more preperation involved with the salads, fruits, and veggies than I had hoped for, but I am going into this with the mindset that I am committed and serious about making this lifestyle change. So if I have to take 30 minutes out of my day and plan ahead, so be it. I am getting anxious for my first weigh in...which is not until Saturday. And you can bet I will be posting my success on here!!

I hope everyone has a smooth and easy Monday. It is kinda gloomy out by me in LA...doesn't Mother Nature know that it is Spring time?

fitwayoflife
04-18-2007, 11:52 AM
How much money is Jenny Direct every month?

Fairyprences
04-19-2007, 12:28 AM
I had a weigh in today, and i lost a little over two pounds this week, so my grand total is now three! yay! finally i see some results. My center also just got the triple choclate cheescakes, and I tried one tonight and it is amazing! anyone else tried them yet?

soiley
04-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Hello All - today is my first day on JC, and I am looking forward to good results. I primarily chose this because I was already overweight when my mom died a little over a year ago (I took care of her in my home) and I have gained 40 pounds since then. I was not cooking - just eating drive thru & peanut butter sandwiches because it's such a pain to cook for one person. I'm almost 62 and this is the first time in my life I've ever lived alone-another big adjustment. I think living alone will be an advantage here, because I do not need to have any other stuff in my house except what I am allowed to eat. I have a friend who has lost 60-something pounds in the last year with JC and she was my inspiration. Looking forward to getting to know you and celebrate our successes.

JB

Boopy267
04-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Hello Everyone-I am new to JC also. Just started on 4/15. Just turned the big 4 0 so I need to kick this yo-yo dieting. I am trying to lose 35-40 lbs. I have my first weight in tomorrow. Wish me luck !!!

Back on Track
04-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi all! I am on day 2 of JC. This is not my first time on, in the past I used JC to lose my college weight before my wedding. Anyway, 3 children later here I am again. Only this time I have about 45# to lose.:(

I decided to go back to JC because after three weeks of well intentioned eating healthy on my own, I managed to gain 4-5#.:?: So, portion control is definetly going to be a key to my weightloss.

Yesterday I got 40 min in on the treadmill, that is a great sense of accomplishment to already have one great workout under my belt for the week.

Hope everyone had success at their last weigh in! I know I can't wait to see the scale move in the right direction again!:D

Alta
04-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I've started Jenny Craig today at 193.00 lbs and I am 5'7. This is the most I have ever weighed in my life. Just gained the last 20 lbs within the last 4 months and I am hoping to lose quit a bit this month on Jenny Craig for my birthday on May 29th.

I need your support if you have done Jenny Craig... Really need to stick to this plan because I seem to never be able to complete a program..I get discouraged and then I give up..but now I am very close to 200 lbs and Diabetes runs in my family. Because of the extra weight, I am having knee problems and not feeling very good about myself. My clothes dont fit and I dont feel attractive body wise, although I have a pretty face.

Back on Track
04-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Alta, our starting point is so similar! Getting through the first 3 weeks is what is going to be a challenge for me. I tend to loose focus at the beginning, and I have to continue to remind myself not to eat on impulse. The JC program is so easy, all you have to do is follow it and you will be successful. I hope my results are good for week 1, that is always motivating!

Hopefully we can keep this thread a little more active. This helps me stay focused.;)

tonyaclark31
04-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Hello all...I have just a quick question....JC is advertising 20 pounds for 20.00 plus the cost of food....about what does the cost of food cost? Is it you go and purchase food for a week at a time? I tried the Nutrisystem..and yuck...that was gross....how does the food taste? Any info would be fabulous....Thanks....:dizzy:

Back on Track
04-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi tonyaclark31! To answer your question about the food, I think there is no comparison. JC is SOOOO much better tasting than Nutrisystem. I tried Nutrisystem a year ago and ended up selling it on ebay. As far as price, I purchased their savers program and got 10% off so I think it was about $100/wk. It does depend on what you purchase, some of the frozens for example may be more that the nonfrozen travel friendly foods. Their food is really very good, also so much better than the frozen dinners at the grocery store!:D

Alta
04-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Back on Track,

Glad I have someone who is supportive and we have in common. I've been following the plan to the letter. Think I saw a couple of lbs less this morning. Working out every day this week. Last night went to the gym and did the bike for 15 minutes and the weights another 15 min. Not too much, but I hate machines and I have to work myself up to them. Eventually doing 1 hour. This morning I walked up and downhill for 1.5 hr.

I need to get rid of the extra 20 lbs I've gained the last few months before they get too comfortable in my body. Also, I am having knee pains and not feeling too good with this extra weight.

Take care and have a good day. http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-but3/lb/193/145/190/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

cattycat
04-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone! I joined JC on 3/31 and started on 4/1. Had a slow start... lost 0.6 lbs. the first week and 0.4 the second week, then 4 lbs the 3rd week. I was getting a bit discouraged at the end of that second week, I must admit! I am enjoying most of the JC foods I've tried, but I will soon need to start making substitutions here and there to get the cost down a bit.

houseelf
04-26-2007, 05:01 PM
As to the question of the cost, I did one of those "trial" periods, and now have joined for 6 months for just under $200. I wanted to be sure that it was for me before I did anything longer than a few weeks. I order the preplanned menu which includes a lot of frozen foods. It is expensive to ship, so I pay for a month at a time and get a discount on the shipping. My total bill per month is $548. I can't tell you how much I love it. I have not been able to lose in such a long time. I even joined a gym a year ago, and have gone faithfully 5xs a week for a year, aerobics and lifting class. And what happened? I gained 10 lbs!! Now, some of it was muscle, but not all of it. So I knew to get the weight loss I need, I would have to re-learn portion control now that my metabolism has obviously slowed down. I am in my early 40s.

But my real inspiration on getting fit is my husband's aunt. She ownes the gym and she is 51. She was once 200 pounds. Once she bought the gym, she signed it up for Les Mills (they have an internet site). This is a program that comes out of Canada or somewhere that gyms can pay in order to utilize. The music/routine changes every 3 months. It is really GREAT! We lift weights as a class 2xs and do step 3xs a week. Anyway, she is 51, and she definitely has the body of a teenager!!!!!!!!! It is really unbelievable. She went in for a mammogram last week and the tech ran out yelling that she had the wrong file. She just could not believe that she had such a firm chest at 51!!! Honest. Any commercial or anything else you have seen on TV where they are showing you a "mature" person who looks fantastic, or ANY age for that matter, she looks a million times better. I think I will have to get a photo of her so I can share it. She is truly a testament to what weight training can do for a woman! If she can do it, so can every one of US!!!!!!! I know that when I finally lose the extra weight I am carrying, I will not be flabby, thanks to the weight lifting.

houseelf
04-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I know that I talk too much, what can I say? I am alone in an office all day without adult company. hahahaha

I just had to add a note about getting discouraged about plateaus. Last week, I actually had to report that I had gained a pound. But my counselor encouraged me to not let it bother me and to keep on with my program. Which is what I did. So when I report back to her tomorrow, I will have at least lost the extra pound plus another. For awhile, I thought I had stalled out for good. But I just did not give up. So DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!! As long as you are doing what you are supposed to, you WILL lose weight. Sometimes it just takes longer than you want it to. But heck, no one ever said that it was going to be easy. I mean to do it and there is no turning back!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it takes me to the end of the year to make my goal, that is nothing compared to suffering year after year not being a truly content person because of my weight gain.

We can do this together and it all starts with a little determination!!!!!!!!!

chrstna446
04-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm so glad to see that there are so many new contributors to this message board!

I started doing JC again in August of last year and so far have lost 38lbs. I never lost a lot, but always lost consistently. I made it through the holidays pretty well, but after the first of the year everything has slowed tremendously. I have continued to lose, just not at the pace I'd like. I've been away from the boards for the last few weeks and have not been on track 100%. I was able to make it through the last few weeks of vacation, birthday celebrations (mine) and work-related meals with only a 0.8 lb gain which I have was able to take off again.

Anyway, I need to make the big push to the finish (20 lbs.) and I'll need all your help. This board has helped keep me motivated and focused before and with so many new people, I know we can get through this!

Hope to be chatting more . . .

Christina

JC Girl
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
The first week was the hardest for me, but after that it was easy...especially because you get to choose from such yummy foods and you can even have dessert every day if you want! Best of Luck to you : )

Alta
04-27-2007, 02:53 PM
This is my 5th day on the program and feeling pretty good. I have been active, walked up and downhill 2x this week and went to the gym..I am going to hike for 1.5 tomorrow Sat. and also on Sunday. Although I have a knee injury that I have been trying to nurse for 3 months..I am not going to stop being active...stopping was what got me to this weight. Just not feeling good at all being this heavy. My hypnotherapist said never to say the word "weight loss" because my mind will register as something that is lost already and ready to be found. Need to say getting rid of weight at all times and never say "diet" just eating healthy so that it can be a lifestyle change.
I was 193 when I started this Monday...lets see what I will register on Monday when I weigh in.

Anyone figured out how to make this much cheaper per week. How about when going out....how do you manage eating while eating out? I would like to just have a regular dinner with friends of a small portion of protein and vegetables..but I dont want to get off the program and dont want to be tempted while I am out.

Take care and keep up the good work...we deserve to be HAPPY, SLIM AND ENERGIZED!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/tiny03/lb/193/150/190.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

beberooo
04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Hello Alta!
Well you are on the right track, keep yourself active and the program does work very good. I have tried everything out there from Adkins, Weight Watchers and even Michael Thurman Body make over wich it sucks!!!
And the only program that I have found extrimely easy to follow and good is JC. I am in my 6th week and I feel that the time is just flying. I have lost 13 pounds and I feel very good.
I will say it will be getting less expensive once you start getting the trick on how to substitute their foods with the "meal on my own". They tell you to get 7 breakfast, 7 lunch, 7 dinners etc... you can tell them you would like to have any of those on your own and you don't have to buy all 7.
I get like 5 dinners and then eat something at home like a salad one of the nights and that seems to help bring the cost of food down. But I didn't started to do that until I was sure how work with the "plan on my own" thing.

Hope this work for you and keep up the good work!!!

Alta
04-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks Beberooo

Today is my 6th day and according to my own scale only 1 or 2 lbs down. I used to be able to lose 5 lbs the first week on any program. I am following this program to the letter. 13 lbs its great!! It sounds good once you have lost it..but so hard to imagine them off when they are still on your body and you are working so so hard to get them off.

I want to start substituting..but I'll wait until I get some weight off. I would like to substitute dinner as I like to go out to dinner or make my own fresh food at home. I am afraid of all that sodium on frozen food and also the preservatives.

Thanks for the support. Lets see how much we loose together by the 29th of May which is my birthday. I want to go on vacation in July and want to be able to wear shorts and a bathing suit.

Take care and have a good week..Please keep writing and let me know your struggles.

chrstna446
04-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Hello ladies,

I weighed-in this morning and am down 1 lb. I'm pretty happy with that since I've struggled this week. I've tried to incorporate some weight training into my workout, which seemed to be causing some pretty bad headaches. Turns out I was having some muscle spasms in my neck that the doctor says ways pulling on my skull and causing the headaches. So now I'm on muscle relaxers. I'm a little loopy, but at least no horrible headaches. I guess this means no strength training, at least for a little while. Oh, well.

Alta, please don't be too disappointed. I think I only lost about 3 lbs on my first week and I don't think I've ever lost that much in any given week. We all want it to fall off right away, but unfortunately it doesn't really work that way - at least not for me. I was looking at my weight loss history lately and it seems that I've lost 10 lbs. in 3 months. That isn't very much, but I know that if I stray I can easily gain the 10 lbs. in a very short amount of time. I was hoping to be at my goal weight by now, but I'm still 19 lbs. away. At this rate it is going to take me another 6 months. That is a long time! So it isn't everything what I'd hope, but i know that I can do this and am determined to go all the way, no matter how long it takes.

As for substituting, I'd start off in small increments. Use your own dressings and syrups. Eat yogurt instead of the Anytime bars. These little things help bring down the weekly charges without really changing the diet. I try not to do too much on my own. Doing it my way has made me fat in the past.

I hope you all have skinnier weeks!

JC Girl
04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi Alta. I've been on JC for one year now and have lost around 60lbs. It's been wobbly since the holiday season, but I'm back on track now. I sometimes use lean cuisine as substitutions just make sure you read the labels to get around the same calories/fat as JC foods. Once you're familiar with the program it's easy to make your own substitutions.

Alta
04-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks for your support. Today I weighed and I am down to 190.5...The goal for next week is to get to 187. If I can consistently lose 3 lbs per week..I'll be happy. That means 12 lbs in a month and by May 29th, I'll be 178 which is the weight I have been for many years and struggled to go up and down 10 lbs within that number..but never have I been over 180 until now.

Yesterday I was so proud of myself. I went on a date for lunch and managed to have diet coke and a salad with balsamic dressing. Didnt tell my date that I am on a diet and I am not going to tell him. After lunch we went to have ice cream and I had a non fat/low carb ice cream which was very good.

This week I am going to work out today Monday doing spinning and weights for a few minutes..tomorrow I'll be walking for one hour and then back to the gym on Tuesday and same routine the following days. I just need to speed my metabolism since it has slowed down quite a bit. I used to be able to lose about 5-7 lbs. the first week on a diet.

Ok..take care and be good this week. Lets all work on losing 3 lbs this week and journal our feelings about our diet and what we are doing to accomplish our goal.

Have a good day!!!!

Back on Track
05-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Yah Alta!! :bravo: Three pounds the first week is great!

I too usually lose 5 -7 the first week but....I know my metabolism will probably not give me that much anymore. I am basically starting over this week. I went to the center and got more food but didn't even weigh in. The beginning of last week went awesome but then I got so busy last Thurs, Fri, Sat and I made very BAD choices!:(

I had a great start to my restart so far today. Eating on plan, went to the gym and got in 2 miles on the treadmill as well as a full circiut of weight training.

Hope everyone has a great week.:grouphug:

Debbie1220
05-01-2007, 01:10 PM
[FONT="Century Gothic"]:) Hi everyone: It was amazing to see how many of you fell into my category.......was a WW member in 10/05 @144lbs, lost all my weight plus 2 and landed at 126lbs in 4/06 and then quit smoking in 9/06 OH MY GOD:?: :?: I gained back the 18 lbs I lost and added 4 more:mad: :mad: I am starting JC on 5/20 right after a trip to Daytona Beach. In the meantime, I am on a 1200 calorie a day menu and exercise 4-5days a week, burn about 1,000 calories a day. Started with all the tools I had from WW and already lost 3lbs in week 1..............Long way back but hopefully will get there. Please give me info on JC. Do you cheat on weekends or not at all. ...is food good? I am very Italian and cook all meals light but they taste great still. I had a consultation and the person there made me feel a little strange. She kept pushing a certain plan level and then talked about buying a pedometer for $20. It felt a little gimmicky but I like the idea of convenience. What does your weekly food bill total(estimates). Thanks for any help and advice...........Good luck to all of you with weight and non-smoking. Many times out of depression I was ready to smoke again but I have not cheated even once. Hope it stays that way less the weight.

Alta
05-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Congratulations on quitting smoking. I dont personally cheat at all on JC..I pay too much money to waste it all in a moment of weakness. The only thing I do once in awhile is eat low fat organic popcorn when I am watching a movie. JC has been really easy to follow as I dont have to plan or prepare any meals. Its all laid out for me.

As far as the consultant..you got a strange one there..I've never had to deal with a "saleswoman" as a consultant. I just go in, weigh myselt, talk to the consultant about my struggles for the week and then I pick out my food..Never any sales pitch.

Today I kept to the plan...probably didnt eat much as I was busy and not focusing on food. One thing I've tried is making a big pot of decaff tea (the dieter's tea is great) and just drinking that all day long at work.

Take care and have a good week.

Back on Track
05-03-2007, 12:18 AM
What a quiet day, where is everyone? Hope everyone is having a good day on plan.

I took DD for a walk around the "block" today ~ 3+ miles (we live in the country). It was a good walk, I wasn't even chased by any dogs or bit today. That is part of what has gotten me to where I am weight wise today. I never noticed how many dogs live in my neighborhood until I started walking the block. I actually like dogs and wasn't real bothered by them until I had two run out to the road circling me and one bit my pants. Lucky for me the owners were in the yard and were eventually able to get the dogs under control, my DD was with me that day too. That was 1 1/2 yrs ago and I just recently became brave enough to walk it again. They have since got rid of the dog that bit at me and were ordered by the county to have the other one tied up while outside due to another neighbors complaints.

I had cookies and cream cheescake for dessert today.:D

What are some of your favorites?

Back on Track
05-03-2007, 01:05 PM
So, I walked it again today. Today however, I think I had my first ever panic attack. I was listening to my IPod and suddenly there was this huge dog (looked like a husky and maybe st. bernard mix) right up on me. Realizing no matter which way I went the dog was following me and I was in an area where nobody could come save me, I started to panic. I was hyperventilating (sp??), it was close to the same spot I got bit by in the pants leg by another dog a year ago last fall. I need to start carrying pepper spray. The game warden told me that is really effective on dogs and gives you time to get away.

Hope everyone is having a great day!:wave:

Alta
05-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Worked out last night...about 20 minutes of spinning and another 15 of weights. Really hate doing weights..but I figure its the only way not to get flabby once I lose the 40 lbs. I am getting rid of. This morning I went for my walk with the dog and did about 35 minutes.

Last night I had an extra snack...After the cheesecake I had the trail mix..couldnt help it and in the afternoon had an extra JC anytime bar..Just hungry for more sweets and not of the JELLO type. This morning I think I am down to 189 lbs. so I dont think I did that bad yesterday.

Today I will concentrated on salads and vegetables. Really want to be 187 by next weigh in.

Take care and have a good day.

Alta
05-04-2007, 02:03 PM
The scale showed a big change in my weight. Finally into the 180's. Weight in at 188.5. I cant wait to see next Tuesday how much more I did. Last night went to the movies and just managed to eat a little bit of popcorn and then went to the coffee shop and just drank tea. It felt very empowering..very much in control and I didnt miss the snacks. When I got home I got to eat my desert, JC chocolate cake and milk.

This is a great diet to follow..very very easy to follow.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slide-jump/lb/0/43.5/5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Alta
05-05-2007, 10:15 PM
So this week I worked out at the gym Monday for about 45 min., walked tuesday for another 45 min, Wed. I went to the gym and did 45 min. and Thurs I walked for about 50 min. skipped Friday and did 1 hour of walking today. I am following the JC program I am on my way down to 150 in no time..but my mini goal is to get down to 180 by end of May for my birthday. Cant believe I am actually happy to be at 180...never was that much before and that is still heavy for me.

Anyway, just wanted to write down how much exercise I did for the week.

Take care and have a great weekend.

chrstna446
05-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Today was weigh-in and I'm down another pound. I reached the 40 lb. loss mark!:carrot:

Alta, you are working hard at this, aren't you! I walked everyday this week and did 45 mins. of cardio at the gym 3 times a week. I tried to do weights, I really do need to tone my arms, but I ended up having muscle spasms in my back and neck. I'm due to have surgery in a few weeks, so I won't be able to do any weights for quite some time, so I''m just going to have to concentrate on cardio.

Lori, I'm sorry you are encountering the obstacles to walking. I do a 7 mile walk on Saturdays which I really enjoy. I seem to be indoors quite a bit, so the walks help to get me out. Is there a mall near you? Maybe you can take your walks indoors? I've gone to a local mall a few times when the weather wasn't cooperating.

Have you tried the Triple Chocolate Cheescake yet? My sister says her center is already out and since it is only a temporary item, they won't be getting anymore. You might need to stock up, if you can.

Have a great week!

staciec878
05-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi Ladies, I was thinking about joinging jenny craig and I was wondering, If you have to pay weekly or monthly for the food?

soiley
05-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I haven't posted since I joined JC, but had my 3rd weigh-in yesterday and I'm down 8lbs in 3 weeks. Awesome to me because I haven't felt deprived. And the food is for the most part is quite tasty. This loss is without exercise, as I am physically disabled, which makes it even more amazing to me.

I had a real success yesterday - my son & granddaughter were visiting from out of town. They got here around lunch time Friday and first thing they wanted to do was go get In-Out burgers. (If you don't live in west, you probably haven't heard of these, but are really good.) I declined and ate my jc lunch while they were scarfing burgers and fries. Then yesterday he wanted to go to his favorite pizza place since he only gets it when he comes home. I ate.....drumroll please..... ONE piece and stopped. I could not believe it, because I'm ashamed to say I have eaten a whole pizza by myself before. Just had to share this with someone, since it is blowing my mind. I don't think I ever ate only one piece of pizza in my whole life.

Stacie, you buy your food each week at first. From what I see when I'm there, once you start doing some of your meals on your own, people buy 2-3 weeks at a time.

I did try the triple choc cheese cake last week. It is really very good, but almost too rich for me. Of course, I'm a salty crunch girl rather than a chocolate girl.

staciec878
05-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks soiley!! ;)
Ive been reading as much as I could about JC, I thinks it the best for me since it was either this or medifast, and I really cant see me just starving myself. Ive tryed Counting calories before with some exersize and even though Im in onederland, it took me like 4 months to lose 20 pounds. And I still think I look exactly the same, probaly bigger now. My problem is portions. I know I eat alot even if its supposly healthy. So a consultant called me today and im going in wendesday, so excited. Its so close to my house to.
Also does it make a difference if you exersize alot? Or does it not really matter?

Stace

215/195/130

Alta
05-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Stace, It makes BIG DIFFERENCE when you exercise.. You will see the weight coming off very quickly. Try just walking for one hour a day and doing some weights in between.

Take care and good luck to you on JC. It does work because its all measured and counted for you.

JC Girl
05-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Well, I love JC because I can eat all of my favorite foods. After a few weeks, you just get adjusted to eating smaller portions and even if you eat "regular" food, you don't need as much to feel full. You will lose weight on JC w/o exercise, but adding exercise makes you lose faster. Try starting with 10 or 15 minutes and adding an additional minute every few days. Much easier to "sneak" introducing exercise to your body rather than jumping in over your head.

Alta
05-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Hurray!!! Lost another 3 lbs on JC. kept to the program the whole week and exercised. But for dinner I had some baked chips with hummis dip. Not too much but I am still missing the JC chocolate cake with milk. think I'll have that tonight a little later on. I really didnt eat much today because I didnt buy enough food to last me to today. So this morning I had 2 eggs for breakfast then went to Starbucks and had I Venti Caramel Macchiotto Non Fat..for lunch I had a tossed salad and some cantaloupe and for dinner finally had my JC dinner...Beef Sirloin with lots of veggies.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-cheer/lb/0/43/6/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

staciec878
05-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Went today and got the food. Everything looks great, im on 1200 calories, if I decided to do alot of exersizes how much will they up my calories, because this already looks like alot of food. But still very happy cant wait to get started tomm!!!

Mom4kids
05-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Just started JC yesterday May 10th. The first day went well. The food was good, especially the choc. cake. The cost for one week for me wasn't bad. I thought it would be alot higher. I think I am going to like having my meals pre planned for me. It gives me a mental break from worrying about what to cook for me. I decided that although I need to lose 30 pounds, that I would set small goals of maybe 8-10 pounds each so that my getting to my goal wouldn't seem so far away.

Was I supposed to get the 'Multiplus' from the JC Centre? I see it in the evening menu, but don't know what it is?

soiley
05-11-2007, 12:13 PM
The multiples are vitamins (I think). I don't use them, just the vitamins and calcium that i've taken for a long time.

houseelf
05-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Everyone sounds like they have been doing great! I exercise 5 days a week myself, but I did that before I started JC. I usually lose about 1 lb per week. That is good enough for me because it is so easy to follow and I had not been able to lose in so long on my own. I do follow it very closely. I used the preplanned menus for awhile and just started planning my own now, which I REALLY like. I have had the triple choco cheesecake several times this week! That is the good thing about getting it in the mail, they are never out of anything. I have dropped off some of the items in order to reduce my cost a little also. I don't get their dressing or anytime bars or syrup, or vitamins. I order a month at a time in order to get a reduced shipping charge.

I have just finished 2 months and I have lost 10 lbs. Of course, I would love for it to have been more, but honestly, I feel like I could do this without fail for whatever length of time I need to, it is so easy and convenient. My family is really being very supportive also. I am sure it has crossed their minds that I am spending over $500 a month that we could be doing something that they could enjoy also, but they have said nary a word about it. That REALLY helps me.

brittnyucm
05-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey guys, I thought I would introduce myself, I've been lurking for quite some time now.

On wednesday I went for my 5th week weighin, so far I've lost 11.2 pounds and at my first milestone I had lost 6.5 inches. I enjoy reading all about everyones struggles and triumphs here and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Best of Luck!

staciec878
05-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Congrats Britt!!
Is anyone on the 1200 calorie plan, but when you add up your calories its usually like 1300-1350. I dont know where Im going wrong, maybe today I didnt have a glass a milk, instead I had a starbucks which was 200 c. Does anyone else add there calories toghether, or they you just trust jenny?

Mom4kids
05-12-2007, 10:22 AM
I add my calories. Just to be sure. The thing I have trouble with is figuring out how much the salad really is, or the grapefruit....I too am doing 1200 calories.

La Boheme
05-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi - Just joined this week. My Boyfriend joined with me so thats helped a lot. So far the food has been great and I haven't felt hungry at all. Hopefully I can stay focused :).

soiley
05-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I track my calories with a software program that you log your food in, since I am diabetic and have to know how many carbs I am eating. Mine go any anywhere from 1100 to 1400. I think it depends on how much veggies, etc. you add in. I asked my jcc & she said that's the way it's supposed to be-that 1200 was an average. I started at 1200 too, and was told they up your cals as you get to halfway, then when you start maintenance after you reach goal. That's a long way off for me. :)

Alta
05-12-2007, 03:18 PM
I am starting to fit better in my clothes. I do work out quite a lot everyday..walking and hiking some steep hills...get my heart pumping. I havent seen any weight drop since I weighed in last Tuesday..but I know im getting there everything if I keep up this way of eating and exercising. Today I went to the drug store and was really tempted to buy a cookie or something sweet..but thought about it before I bought it and decided it wasnt worth it as I have done so much to get to this point. Also, this morning I went to Starbucks and had my special treat of flavored coffee, if I had the cookie and the Starbucks on the same day..thats too many calories

Anyway..hopefully can drop 2 lbs off by next weigh in so that I can feel that all my work and effort has been worthwhile.

Take care and have a great Mother's Day.

staciec878
05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
My first WI tonight.. Im down 4 lbs. :D Im soo happy!!

Alta
05-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Didnt do so well this week...got rid of a lb. but I also took a water pill this morning just so that I wouldnt be so disappointment at weigh in. I did celebrate mother's day and yesterday I went and had some sushi..tried to keep it small portion..Just have to get back to the plan.

staciec878
05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Its only been a week for me, and today I feel sick becuase Im so full. And Im not even at 1200 calories for today. Each day ive been felling a little bit like this, but today it just hit me. What in the world is wrong with me? I love food.

soiley
05-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Had my 5th WI today, but more importantly, my 1st measure-in since I started the program. I have lost an amazing 8 inches!! Wahoo - I love this program.

staciec878
05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Well it was bound to happen. I totally went off plan today. It started off by me feeling sick this morning, So I went to store for medicine, then decided to buy some ramen noodles, since I was sick. And I <3 Those! neways. I just couldnt stop eating, and not JC food either. But Its only happened once. tommorow is a new day, I dont weight in till wendesday, so I still have some time, just going to drink tons of water the next couple of days, and hopefully get some walking in if I feel better.

Stacie

Alta
05-22-2007, 01:57 PM
I weighed in this morning and I thought I had been doing bad..but I am actualy getting rid of weight. I am another 2 lbs down and I even went out to eat this last weekend. I have been doing JC...but not being perfect on it because I am very social and like to go out and eat. Tonight I go to JC and do my actual weigh in..Lets see how I did. Today I will eat very light throughout the day.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps2/slider-runningman/lb/0/23/8.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Alta
05-23-2007, 12:07 PM
so so glad this morning that I am down to 184...Its been slow but at least I know that it will stick. I am aiming for 170 by Labor Day weekend and by Labor day be at 160 which is a good weight for me at my height and my age. of course, 150 would be ideal..that is 34 lbs from now which is so hard to imagine..but I have to think in increments of 10 lbs at a time otherwise I'll go crazy at the slow rate I am losing. I started JC on April 23...so 9 lbs in one month is pretty good.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps2/slider-runningman/lb/0/23/9/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Alta
05-29-2007, 11:00 PM
I went to my weekly weigh in today and weight in at 184.2...Not bad for Memorial Weekend bbq and my birthday. Today I went out after the weigh in and had Japanese food for my birthday which I love. I had about 3 oz. of salmon, 1 c of steam rice, tempura (couldnt resists it), 3 spicy tuna sushi..It was so good and I enjoyed it...It was my birthday lunch. I have been celebrating conservatively since Friday night. I will get back on the wagon tomorrow again. Tonight we are having a bbq and I am having a piece of my birthday cake. I have been good for 5 weeks and have lost a total of 9 lbs. I'll just have to work really hard next week so that I can lose one additional lb. I'll be happy with that.

soiley
06-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Whew! Had first WI in 2 weeks yesterday, after being sick, and not having JC food for those 2 weeks. Actually went down .1 lb. Not much, but It proved to me I'm learning something. I might actually be able to maintain this time after I get to goal.

Patty3
06-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Hi all, sounds like you are all big JC supporters so that's just what I need. Will also add dancing carrots to my signature for every 10lbs down. Bring on the veggies!!

____Jenn
06-10-2007, 03:32 PM
I loved the results I got with JC, but it was just too expensive for me, plus, I still had to buy additional groceries to combine with the very tasty JC foods. It is not the diet for someone on a strict budget.

yhum
06-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi, i just joined in today on this website and i just signed up at JC today too!

not sure though if JC will works for me, i hope it does. I've been wanting to lose weight like forever and nothings works for me. I hope i could keep up with this one though.

How do you put on that weight thing at the bottom?

yhum
06-16-2007, 04:56 PM
let me try that signature

chrstna446
06-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone!

I've been away for awhile and was wondering where everyone went?

I had my cornea transplant a month ago and I'm doing very well on that account.

I skipped 1 of my Jenny consults, but still came back with a 1.6 lb. loss. Needless to say I was very happy. I was kinda stressed that sitting at home with very little excercise was going to add to the scale. I'm still trying to get into the excecise, but very slowly. This is kind of a bummer since I'm just 12.4 lbs. away from my goal and the weight loss is slow - but my eye is the bigger priority right now.

I hope there are more success stories - or even struggles. I hope to hear how others are doing.

houseelf
06-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Hey chrstna446, glad to hear you are doing well after your surgery. I would say that losing ANY weight while recovering is fantastic! You'll be able to get back to your exercise schedule before you know it.

I am doing okay. Really slow, but I am okay with that. I must admit though (I hate to say ANYTHING negative) that I am getting a little tired of the food. I never thought that would happen because there is such a variety, but I have eaten everything so many times now that it is getting a little boring. I am taking a little break from it, so hopefully I won't mess things up on my own. I haven't decided if I want to continue to order, or order from a different program for a little while till I am ready to go back to JC. I don't want to mess up since it has worked for me so well.

Has anyone else felt this way?

chrstna446
06-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Hi Houseelf,

Glad to here someone is still around.

I've been on JC for about 10 months now. It's funny but I'm dreading the day I have to go off JC. It's not that the food is that great, although I've learned to enjoy it, it just that it is so much easier for me to do thiis then to have to make a lot of choices.

I think that if you are bored, it's o.k. I try to eat a variety of JC foods every week. If I ate it last week, I won't eat it this week. I'll eat my favorites, but incorporate some of the so-so ones just so I don't get in a rut.

Have you tried Weight-Watchers? I think that is a great program as well and might give you some more variety.

I think most diets work if you stick with it. For me it I am always more successful sticking with a program then going it alone. I think it is actually very wise to move onto something else, if you aren't that happy with it. Just do something else.

houseelf
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks chrstna446 for the advice. I understand what you mean about dreading coming off from the JC food, because it is really easy. I still have some of the food left from my last order and I am mixing it in with personal choices right now. A few times I know I have overdone things. You are right, I should just jump right into something else before I have a lapse in my progress. The convenience of JC is just amazing. I really think the food is pretty good (the frozen) but I just seem to be dreading it now. I think I will look at what is on the list now to see if there are things that I have not had in awhile and see if that would shake it up a bit instead of getting the same old things every time. OR move onto something different. I will let you know how it goes!

houseelf
07-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey chrstna446! I just wanted to let you know what I had decided. I am doing Diet to Go now. I really like it! Absolutely everything you need is in the box each week, including some fresh fruit, etc. They seem to really put a lot of thought into the flavor. It is just as easy as Jenny Craig. Maybe even a little bit more so because there are no "add ons" to do. I can already tell a difference in my weight and I have only been on it 5 days.

I hope everything is going well for you!!!!!!!!!

chrstna446
07-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Good for you, Houseelf! Keep at it. I'm still barely losing, but losses are losses. I'm 10.4 lbs away from my initial goal so I'm hanging in there. Hope you get to your goal soon.

houseelf
07-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Chrstna sez "Losses are Losses." How True How True!!!!!!! And you have really lost!! You are so close to your goal, that it makes me realize that perseverance is key. I will be watching to see you make that goal!!!!!

MARCIA7749
07-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to all of you for your wonderful success!!

I have been on Jenny Craig for 6 weeks now.....weigh in today and will see how I did this past week.

I really enjoy the food and can't say enough about the convenience.

I was on WW for a long time and really enjoyed the online support groups.

I wish I could find an active one for Jenny Craig. On the WW site, there was always someone to visit with at any time of the day, and you could really carry on a conversation with lots of people.

Does anyone know of a group like that for Jenny Craig?

It is tempting to just go to the WW site and not tell them I am on JC....lol.

THe support would really be nice.

ANy thoughts?

Marcia

chrstna446
07-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi Marcia,

Welcome fellow-JCer!

I've been doing JC for almost a year. I've done WW, too, and had some great loss with them, but Jenny has helped me stay focused.

This board was more active, but somehow kind of died. I'm here, so feel free to post.

(Have you tried the JC message board?)

Totally Neck-ed
07-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi All, I had a great first week on Jenny and then I just slipped and ate out, and went camping and I gained 5 lbs... soooo fustrated with this addiction to food. Hubby is going to cut me off if I dont loose weight. I think I just need to vent.. Which I am not usually a venter. I am usually the strong one. Grrr. I hate this.

chrstna446
07-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi Totally,

I think we've all been where you are at. I'm a total food-addict, too.

Since I started JC this time, I've tried very hard to be patient and forgive myself when I'm not perfect. I have done a lot of diets and have had a lot of success and a lot of failure. I have always seen things in black or white, good or bad, when it comes to my diets. My feelings have always told me if I wasn't perfect on my program I must be "bad." This usually leads to going the opposite direction and rebel with truly bad eating habits.

The truth is that it is just life. If I'm going to make this a lifelong program (and believe me it needs to be), then I will have good and bad days. No one is perfect. The trick is to let it go and start your program again. (I know, easier said than done.) If you beat yourself up and give up, ask yourself: what is the alternative?

Forgive yourself and get back on that horse! Commend yourself for that fact that you keep trying.

Totally Neck-ed
07-23-2007, 05:02 PM
the 50lbs you lost is a huge boost.. Thanks for the msg back. I just have to keep my chin up. The majority of my life I have been thin and healthy, but hte past 7 years with 50+ lbs on is just brutal.

Gypsydancer
07-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Hi! I just signed up for JennyDirect over the weekend. I'm supposed to be getting my food tomorrow. I'm a little nervous (OK, very nervous) about my ability to stick to the program. I have been dieting for much of my life, but the last few years my body and/or mind rebel. I'm hopeful that this is a program that I won't have to give a lot of thought to. When I've been on WW my last few tries, I became obsessed with food and points. I'm hoping that won't be the case with JC. Any thoughts? Words of advice?

chrstna446
07-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Totally,

I checked out your blog and you sure do have a lot of pressure on you. I believe you do have to do this for yourself. I know you love your husband and I think that you need to be sensitive to his feelings, but this is for you most importantly. I hope this doesn't come off as preachy, but please believe that you are o.k.

Welcome Gypsy, I completely understand about the nerves. I think I've spent most of my life on a diet. I've done WW, too, with great success, but it seems like I needed more discipline. It was just too easy for me to cheat having done it so many times. If you are looking for easy, then JC might be for you. JC has given me fewer choices on what I eat. For some this might be a bad thing, but when I started last year, I really needed someone to let me know I can only eat this. My own choices were getting me fatter.

Good luck with the program, and please posts your progress.

Christina

Totally Neck-ed
07-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks Christina, It is pressure, but I have to do it. JC is great when I am at work and buzzing around. But when I am out with friends or food is there.... I pick. I am a picker. Grrrrr. Today was a good day! stuck with it!

Gypsydancer
07-25-2007, 05:40 AM
Thanks, Christina. I'm going to receive my food today, and I'm starting to feel more optimistic. I've told my lunch buddy friends at work, and they've been supportive (a big fear of mine has been how to say no to our daily lunch outings.

Totally Neck-ed
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
I am finding the program great in the day.. but after supper I want to eat at 8-10 pm for that snack.... grrrrr

chrstna446
07-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi Totally,

I'm a nighttime eater, too. I usually eat my Jenny snack about 8:30 - 9 o'clock. I've heard some people say to avoid eating after 6 or 7, but I know that doesn't work for me. I've also heard it doesn't really matter when you eat, just what the overall calories are. I think if I didn't have that nighttime snack, I'd rebel and eat whatever I can find.

I'm trying to pickup my activity a bit. I've cut down some over the last couple months since I'm still recovering from eye surgery, but I'm getting a little frustrated with my losses. I was going to the gym a few days a week before the surgery, but my doctor, although he didn't forbid me doing some cardio, didn't really like the idea of the gym right now. So I've been doing my daily lunchtime walks and this week I'm adding a couple of nights of doing my Walk Away the Pounds video. Let's see if it helps.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Dabbadooey
07-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Hello all! I am about to finish up my first week of JC. JC is the only weight loss program that has worked for me. I lost a lot of weight on it in the early 90's. I can't say enough about it!

chrstna446
07-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Welcome Dabbadoey!

Let us know how your first weigh-in goes.

JC seems to work for me, so I know what you are saying

Christina

Dabbadooey
07-27-2007, 01:56 PM
I had my first weigh-in today, and I lost 5.6 lbs!

yhum
07-28-2007, 01:18 AM
i don't know where do u you get your motivation guys and most importantly how to sustain it!

i've been with JC for about 6 weeks and i haven't lost any...i was actually motivated when i joined in then i couldn't hold of myself and lost tracked of everything... im wasting a lot of money on this but couldn't put myself to really follow it and im also getting bored with the food.... i hate myself for these....

chrstna446
07-28-2007, 02:21 PM
:bravo:Dabbadooey! That's a great way to start. Keep up the good work.

So sorry about the lack of motivation, yhum. I know I how it feels and if I could figure out for myself how to get it, I don't think I'd have the life long struggle with weight.

I think for me, this time, I tried really hard not to obsess about losing the weight but rather focusing on sticking with the diet. This has been really hard, but I need to trust that if I follow the plan, the plan will work for me. In my case it has, although it is very slow. Right now I have to be happy with losses like .2 or .6. It can be very discouraging. Somedays I think, why am I doing this? But then I realize that if I don't, the alterative is going to be much worse for me.

Do you think you can try to stick with the program for one more week? Sometimes if you break it down in baby steps you find out it isn't so bad.

Best of luck,
Christina

Laelle
07-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I have been going to Jenny Craig for about a month now. I am losing weight and am following the program in my own way - I am too independent to just do exactly what someone else tells me, especially if I don't like a particular food or don't want yogurt in the morning, etc. I chose Jenny because I like the convenience and from trying JC in the past, I knew I liked the food for the most part. I also have a lot of knee and back pain, so standing at the counter cooking for any length of time is very difficult for me.

My problem is that since I am in my 50s and have done extensive research on nutrition and weight loss for MANY years, I resent and almost dread the consultations. I have tried to be cooperative and go to them anyway, but I just end up feeling angry and resentful that someone else who is obviously trained in how to advise people on the JC program, but who seems to know less than I do about nutrition, is lecturing me about what to eat and when. I know what I need to do to lose weight. I don't need someone "riding" me. After the consultations, I have to fight really hard for the rest of the day not to just go nuts and eat whatever, since emotional eating has always been a problem for me and my anger makes me want to eat. Lack of knowledge about nutrition has never been my problem, emotional eating and difficult life circumstances have fueled my overeating. I have already changed consultants once, and I think I like the second one even less than the first one. I asked the program director if I could just come in, get weighed and pick up the food without a consult, and she said "Oh no, we don't want to start that."

Any ideas? I would just get the food delivered, but can't afford the extra shipping costs. Since I know my issues are about psychological problems, I don't expect the JC consultant to be able to fix my life issues in a 15-minute per week consult - plus she is obviously not trained for that. I DON'T want to discuss my food intake on a weekly basis.

I'm thinking of quitting JC because of this. I guess I could try the program director again and see if with more information, she can let me out of the consults, but I can just feel the disapproval already. They are very invested in administering the program exactly a certain way - which obviously works well for many people - but not for me.

Laelle

Dabbadooey
07-29-2007, 07:23 PM
At my center they have clients who call in food for pick-up all the time without a consult. Also when school starts I am probably only going in every two weeks since the center is 45 minutes from me. I would talk to the program director again.

Totally Neck-ed
07-30-2007, 02:11 PM
My dad hates the consults too. He just goes online tot he custom planner, prints it off, faxes it in with a coversheet telling them when he will be in.

Works for him. He told the lady when he joined that he didn't wants calls or weekly meetings, she said fine - ( I think just to sign him up) and then they called him like crazy. Ticked him off. So he does it this way and avoids them. The last one he called he told off.

Gypsydancer
07-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi! I'm on Day 5 and so far things are going pretty well, except I've eaten out twice for lunch. I'm really trying to limit eating out to once a week. I have a few questions: First, why can't I register for the Jenny Craig board? I thought I'd registered, then never received a confirmation email with my password. When I tried to re-register, the message came up that my user name was already taken (by me, I guess). When I tried to use the link to report a technical problem, I typed out the explanation, hit submit, and the entire page kept erasing without submitting. Any ideas?

Second, does anyone have any worries about maintaining your weight loss on this program? I don't want to be eating processed food forever, so I'm wondering if I'm learning good eating habits. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I'm eating a lot of healthy whole foods like fruits, veggies, and low-fat dairy that I wasn't eating before. Any thoughts?

Journeytoloose
07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
I am starting into week 3. I have lost 11 pounds. I have to keep on keeping on. Motivation Power!!! The consultation don't bother me as I go in with my list weight and get my food. I usually go on Sunday and I walk righ tin no waiting and not a lot of talking or advise. I love it that way.

chrstna446
07-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Welcom Darlene & Brige!

Congratulations on the 11 lbs., Brige, that is awesome!

Darlene, I had the same problem with the JC message board. I think I tried to register about three times, never getting a response. I finally sent and email and they forwarded the password. Hopefully that will work for you. As for your second concern, I have thought about the processed food thing, too, especially since I've been eating JC for almost a year. Honestly, I know that this isn't the healthiest food I could be eating, neither is it the worst. The food is designed to be nutritional and most improtantly it is portioned controlled. I've done WW several times, and although I think it is a great program, when I was left with too many choices, I would end up cheating and overeating. Again, I don't think this is the healthiest of choices, but this is at least working for me.

I hope everyone continues to do well!

Laelle
08-01-2007, 02:46 AM
I appreciate the responses on my complaints about the consults. I was going to call the program director this week and explain nicely how I felt about the consults, but so far I have chickened out and my next appointment is Thursday. I also noticed on my contract (I am on the rewards program, which I hope doesn't turn out to be a mistake) it says that I have to have a weekly consult in order to get the discount. If I manage to get the "consult" down to just a weigh-in and pick-up of food, I hope that will count.

I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings at my center, as everyone is always so encouraging and friendly, but ultimately I have to do what works for me. I just hope they understand that. I get the feeling that they think if I back off on the consults, the next thing will be that I will quit altogether. Actually, the opposite is true - the more they bug me, the more likely I will go elsewhere!

But I've lost 10 pounds in my first month, so I'm happy! :carrot:

Laelle

Laelle
08-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Oh, by the way - totally Neck-ed - I love your dad's attitude. It made me laugh to hear how he is dealing with the center. At this point, I wish I had his courage! I guess this is one indication of a "disease" that women tend to have more than men - being a people pleaser. I have to work on that as well as my weight.

Laelle

Gypsydancer
08-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks, Chrstna. This morning I did receive a reply from technical support with my password, so I've now been able to log in.

Brige, congratulations on your weight loss! I'm very inspired!

LaDean
08-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Hi i just read jenny craigs cassetts. i enjoyed them lots. then went online to her site. and i am not a member of hers. but thinking about joining her site here online. looked interested. is anyone a member of it??? looks fun and interesting. LaDean

Dabbadooey
08-01-2007, 07:50 PM
I enjoy the Jenny Craig message boards!

KPAXian
08-02-2007, 03:46 AM
Hi! I just joined JC on Monday and have just completed day 3. I'm very nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I have 80+ lbs. to lose, that I've been carrying for about 7 years, and this is the first attempt I've made to lose it. At various times, in the past, I've had to lose a few pounds and always went to WW. I know quite a bit about diets and food and tried to make a good decision about what program to use for my weight loss. I needed a "no brainer" type of program because when I do the weigh and measure thing, I am really hard on myself and if I screw up, I eat to punish myself. With all the details taken out of my hands by JC, I thought it might be the best way to go. Simple - if it isn't fruit or vegetables OR in a box, it doesn't go in my mouth. :) However, so far, I'm starving! It might just be me, because I've spent years eating whatever I wanted and maybe I just have to get used to eating so much less. But, it's been really hard. The portions are so small! I'm finding about half of the food acceptable - the other half I don't want to eat again. If I can just find enough things that I like to eat during the first 3 weeks of menus, to make up 1 week of acceptable food, I will just follow that over and over. For instance, today I had fajitas that I really liked - but last night I had meatloaf that I just hated! I do believe JC works - IF I WORK IT! I'm also praying that I lose weight - at least initially - fast enough to make me happy, otherwise I just might say 'screw it'. And, I don't want to do that. Any help, suggestions, motivation, ideas that you nice people can send my way would be very much appreciated. I am going to need support in this endeavor. Thanks. :)

Dabbadooey
08-02-2007, 05:04 AM
There are plenty of substitutions you can make with the Jenny Craig food. You don't have to eat what you don't like. Make a big pot of the free soup recipe. I eat that to fill me up!

chrstna446
08-02-2007, 08:49 PM
How is everyone doing? I'm still pluggin along. I'm trying to walk everyday and I'm trying not to snack too much (I think that is my biggest problem). I'm hoping for a loss this week (I gained 0.06 last week).

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Gypsydancer
08-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi, Chrstna,I'm doing great! I had my first weigh-in yesterday and I lost 7 pounds! :carrot: Your weight loss is such an inspiration, Chrstna--I'm sure if you keep doing what you're doing the scale will move in the right direction. Those last few pounds are hard to lose (so I hear--I've never been close...yet!)

I'm starting to feel like I can do this!

KPAXian, I have a similar amount of weight to lose! I felt really hungry around Days 3-5, too (which was just a couple days ago!). I'm feeling less hungry now. What helped for me was going to bed early and drinking diet cola (I know, not the healthiest option, but it got me through). I also tried to eat foods I thought would fill me up (the cheesecake for my dessert, rather than the chocolate carmel bar, for example). I'm also personalizing my menu, so I'm only ordering the food I like, and there are few things I have not enjoyed.

Dabbadooey
08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I just had a small loss this week...1.2 pounds, but any loss is good IMO!

Gypsydancer
08-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Great job, Dabbadooey!

How is everyone doing? I'm doing OK, but last night I was really hungry, although I didn't feel like eating. I still had a fruit I was supposed to eat, but couldn't make myself. Plus it's that TOM--the first time since November (just stopped breastfeeding).

I'm curious if anyone has used the inspirational products offered by JC--I think one's something like 28 to ______ and the other is Touchstones to Success (maybe?). I'm not really sure what they are and if they're useful, but I read that the Touchstones was developed by Martha Beck and I LOVE her (she wrote "The Four-Day Win" and writes a column in Oprah's magazine).

Dabbadooey
08-04-2007, 12:27 PM
I was watching this tape in the centre yesterday. It was excellent.

chrstna446
08-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Great job Darlene & Dabbadooey! I'm glad to hear the scale is going down for you.

I weighed in today and I maintained. It is a bit discouraging, since it looked like I had been down yesterday, but back up today. I've been picking my own food so we decided to try the preplanned menus this week. Ordinarily, my consultant says they would tell me to increase my excercise intensity, but since I'm still restricted from doing too an intense of a workout because of my surgery, I just need to try to do different things, like play with my menus.

It's hard not to get discouraged, but I try to ask myself what would the alternative be? Quit? That is not a very good option. I know I need to stick this out, do my best to follow the plan and the weight will eventially come off.

Please continue to post your progress. I need to hear that others are doing good so I can help to stay focused.

Take care,
Christina

Dabbadooey
08-06-2007, 06:29 AM
I agree Christina...what would the alternative be? Even though I have only lost 7 lbs I can tell a difference in how I feel and my confidence has soared. This is the only weight loss program I have success on. I'm staying with it regardless how long it takes!

Gypsydancer
08-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Hang in there, Christina! :hug:

Gypsydancer
08-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm a bit upset today. Last night when my dh came home from work, I was sleeping already. He came in, saw me sleeping and said to me, "are you sure this diet is working?" I know he said this to me because my pilates tape broke and I haven't done any pilates for about 2 1/2 weeks and that makes a huge difference in how big my stomach looks. Plus it's that TOM. So even though I've lost some weight, I'm sure I don't look like it, and probably look worse because of not doing pilates for so long. Nonetheless, that was really uncalled for! I've been seething all night.:mad: I'm also fearful of maintaining my motivation if i don't have a loss this week (which is possible, I know rationally, because it's that TOM). :(

Dabbadooey
08-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I stayed exactly the same this week in spite of adding lots of exercise. Oh well carry on!

chrstna446
08-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. Work has been crazy, so I haven't had a chance to post. I'm still plugging along. I weigh-in tomorrow and am hoping for a loss. I was down last Saturday and then up again on Sunday (weigh-in day), so I'm hoping not to have a repeat, cause today I seem down. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I hope you are still hanging in there Gypsydancer. If I was in your shoes, I'd have had my feelings hurt, too. I hope you can look past your husband's insensitivity and you are able to continue to do this for yourself. You deserve it.

Sorry about the maintain, Dabbadooey. Keep up the good work. The scale will follow (at least that's what I try to convince myself).

I'll let you know what tomorrow's results are.

Take care,
C

POOKIE88
08-12-2007, 02:26 AM
I was just walking around my Stop & Shop Supermarket and I was so suprised to look up and see a WONDERFUL photo of Kirstie and Val on the COVER of People Magazine. The Date on the issue is Aug 20 07. So if you get a chance go out and get it. I thought we could all use it for motivation. I did not even get a chance to read it yet, but I wanted to give everybody the 'heads up' about the issue out now. I was in the supermarket buying my fresh veggies & fresh fruits & non-fat dairy to go along with my Jenny foods at home.

chrstna446
08-13-2007, 02:07 PM
:cheer2:Hello fellow JCers!

Well I weighed-in yesterday and was down 1.2 lbs.:cheer2:

Even though I've been up 0.6 over the last couple of weeks and it really only means a 0.6 lb weight loss, I'm still pretty happy. It's nice to see a loss that isn't a fraction of a pound and to be under the 140 lb mark. I'm just one pound away from 50 lbs total.

Happy Monday. I hope you all have a great week.

:dust: for all of you.

Christina

Gypsydancer
08-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Yay, Christina! :carrot:

I've switched from Jenny Direct to a Centre. The shipping costs were kicking my butt, and I thought meeting with a consultant in person might be more motivating. I have my first appointment on Saturday.

I'm doing OK. I'm very hungry, though. I'm feeling dizzy or shaky often. Maybe it's all in my mind--I'm not sure.

chrstna446
08-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi Darlene,

I go to the Centre, too. I really appreciate the one-on-one I get from my consultant. I hope it helps you.

Please be sure to talk to her about the hunger. You shouldn't be dizzy. I remember feeling a little hungry the first couple of weeks, but it passed. Please be sure you are eating every 3-4 hours.

Did you resolve things with your husband?

Christina

K8-EEE
08-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Hi, I'm not on Jenny myself but I was curious if everybody else had the same reaction as me to the People mag shots this week, which is: Doesn't Val look awesome, and who does Kirstie think she's kidding?

I think most dieters no matter what the diet experience setbacks, so nothing against the program (I know people who have had great success on it) but for Kirstie to keep with this line that she's maintaining a 75 pound weight loss, she looks SO much heavier than a few months ago! What is she WEARING on that people thing?? It's like a strapless mu-mu with the mega spandex underneath.

I dunno, I'm a yo yo dieter myself so I have a lot of sympathy, but jeez, just be honest is all I'm sayin'....as one entrenched in the diet wars myself it seems pretty bogus.

Gypsydancer
08-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks, Christina! Things are better with my dh. He's been very supportive lately. I weighed myself this morning--4 more pounds down! That's 13.5 already.:carrot: I know the weight loss will slow, but it's been very motivating to have a big drop up front like this.

allthingsbright
08-22-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi guys-just started JC on Monday and the food is AMAZING! I am so excited about this program. I was on WW and just couldnt stick w/ it--too much freedom. Lost 70 pounds and gained 30 back and just could never get myself counting points again. I want to do JC and then go back to WW when I get down towards goal.

Anyway, just wanted to say. I am in nursing school, so I dont get to post much around here...;)

POOKIE88
08-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi All Things Bright,:sunny: (Love your Avatar & your 3FC name)

I love your ENTHUSIASM! So glad you love the JC food, I do too. I see you mentioned the Nutrisystem food on another thread. I agree that JC food is so much better than the Nutrisystems food (IMHO). I brought a box of NS food and did not like most of it, but I really enjoy the JC food (most of it anyway).

I am also a former WW. I think WW is a terrific program that has helped so many, but right now I needed the accountability of being weighed by the same person each week. I also like the one-on-one part of the JC consultant meetings and the ease of using the JC food.

Just one more thing I wanted to mention that I recently discovered about JC. In the past when I was on a program, I was only happy with a really BIG weight loss each week, but now I am happy to be losing each week (even on the weeks when it is a very small loss). JC has made me realize that ANY loss is so much better than either staying the same or GAINING ! Even a small Gain is OK if you get yourself back on track quickly. My consultant gave me good advice--she said to just concentrate on sticking to the program and not to get too caught up in the exact numbers on the scale each week. She said when you stick to the program the loss will eventually happen over time.

I see that you will be VERY busy in nursing school and you will not be able to post much, good luck with your studies.

POOKIE88
08-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I forgot to mention: CHRISTINA I always enjoy your posts and your dedication to JC, you are an inspiration.

Dabbadooey, Glad you like the "Free" Soup, I was thinking about making that, but I am not much of a "cook". (That's one reason why I like the JC foods so much). What do you use to 'season' the veggie soup?

>Darlene (GypsyDancer) You are off to a great start. Congrats to you.

How are things going with: Laelle, LaDean, Journey to Loose, Totally Neck-ed, KPAXian ,HouseElf, Soiley, and Alta?

allthingsbright
08-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Hi All Things Bright,:sunny: (Love your Avatar & your 3FC name)

I love your ENTHUSIASM! So glad you love the JC food, I do too. I see you mentioned the Nutrisystem food on another thread. I agree that JC food is so much better than the Nutrisystems food (IMHO). I brought a box of NS food and did not like most of it, but I really enjoy the JC food (most of it anyway).

I am also a former WW. I think WW is a terrific program that has helped so many, but right now I needed the accountability of being weighed by the same person each week. I also like the one-on-one part of the JC consultant meetings and the ease of using the JC food.

Just one more thing I wanted to mention that I recently discovered about JC. In the past when I was on a program, I was only happy with a really BIG weight loss each week, but now I am happy to be losing each week (even on the weeks when it is a very small loss). JC has made me realize that ANY loss is so much better than either staying the same or GAINING ! Even a small Gain is OK if you get yourself back on track quickly. My consultant gave me good advice--she said to just concentrate on sticking to the program and not to get too caught up in the exact numbers on the scale each week. She said when you stick to the program the loss will eventually happen over time.

I see that you will be VERY busy in nursing school and you will not be able to post much, good luck with your studies.

Thanks for the encouragement Pookiebear!

I agree on the big loss statement--I have trouble being happy w/ losing .5 pound a week, but at this point in my life I am too stressed/busy to care. I always work in the emergency room, so things are quite hectic which is why JC is so wonderful for me. One less thing to think about: Cooking!

I am going to STICK w/ the program! :) Glad to meeet you...

POOKIE88
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Wow "All Things Bright (& Shining ;) )
I have to ADMIRE you for working in the ER, it doesn't get much more STRESSFUL than that! It must be hard to not keep stuffing your mouth to deal with all the stress. Give yourself a pat on the back for that ! --Pookie

I forgot to mention: CHRISTINA I always enjoy your posts and your dedication to JC, you are an inspiration.

Dabbadooey, Glad you like the "Free" Soup, I was thinking about making that, but I am not much of a "cook". (That's one reason why I like the JC foods so much). What do you use to 'season' the veggie soup?

>Darlene (GypsyDancer) You are off to a great start. Congrats to you.

How are things going with: Laelle, LaDean, Journey to Loose, Totally Neck-ed, KPAXian ,HouseElf, Soiley, and Alta?

allthingsbright
08-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Wow "All Things Bright (& Shining ;) )
I have to ADMIRE you for working in the ER, it doesn't get much more STRESSFUL than that! It must be hard to not keep stuffing your mouth to deal with all the stress. Give yourself a pat on the back for that ! --Pookie

Thanks for being so pocitive, Pookie.

Well, I have almost finished the week and I feel great! My scale shows a loss so that is very encouraging.

Really love the food, never thought I'd say that. :) How are you guys doing?

POOKIE88
08-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Hi "All Things Bright" :sunny:

Glad you are enjoying the JC food. When you bring the foods to work, can you bring the frozen food or do you have to stick with the shelf stable items? I do like some of the shelf stable foods (like the Rotini & meatballs // Chicken Pasta Parmesan etc), but the JC foods that I enjoy the most are the frozen foods. Do you like your Jenny Craig Consultant?

I'm sure you will have a nice loss for your first week. It is always such a 'rush' that first week! If only we could lose that much every week. But these days I am happy with each pound. I'll even take the half-pounds!

:goodluck: -- Pookie

chrstna446
08-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey everyone,

Well it''s been the best of times and the worst of times . . .

I weighed in last Saturday and got the the 50 lbs. weight loss total.

That's the best of times.

The next day I spent 3 days in Las Vegas and, for lack of better words, I "enjoyed" myself. I had planned on allowing myself to enjoy myself and then to come back and get back on that horse. Well, I'm so PMS and have been snacking pretty uncontrollably.

I weighed in today and I'm up 3 lbs.

In the year I've done JC, I've never had a set back so large.

I am determined not to let it get me down. Usually this is the type of thing that squashes my motivation and I return to my old ways of eating. This won't happen this time. i need this to be a lifetime change and I need to learn that life happens and that is o.k., and now I have to move on.

Please think good thoughts for me and I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Take care!

POOKIE88
08-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Christina,

Congrats on the 50 lbs Weight loss on Jenny Craig ! :goodscale:

Gypsydancer
08-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi, everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. My weight loss slowed last week, but I'm still happy with the program. I think it's good advice not to focus too much on the numbers on the scale.

Christina, don't let the 3 pounds get you down! They'll be gone again before you know it.

Welcome, allthingsbright.

Pookie, glad to see you're doing well!

Skinny vibes to everyone...

chrstna446
08-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have been on a full-on eating binge.

Today, so far so good. I feel like an alcoholic: one day at a time.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Christina

blondeblueeyedbeauty
08-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Well... I did it... I made my appointment for friday!!! Yay! I'm excited to get started... yet again... for the third time... but now im going to STICK to it! (and not eat all the deserts in the first couple of days lol) Any encouraging words of wisdom?

POOKIE88
08-29-2007, 02:01 AM
Darlene (GypsyDancer) I think you are off to a great start. That is terrific.

Christina: So sorry you are having such a rough time. I think JC has some tapes/CDs to listen to when you have had a lapse or binge. Can you ask your Jenny Craig Consultant about them. Christina, you have come so far, just think about all the progress you have made. The sooner you can get the lapse/binge under control the better. Almost everyone has lapses - weight loss rarely goes straight down in a straight line --there are always Bumps in the road-- I had problems a couple of weeks ago (and I got VERY scared), but thank goodness I am 'back on the losing track' again.

BlondeBlueEyedBeauty: Good Luck to you on Friday. Let us know how it all goes. I hope you like your consultant, but if you don't you can always request to try another one. Since this is your 3rd time, you must be pretty familiar with the program by now. Hey those JC desserts are meant to be eaten ONE at a time ;-) :goodluck:

chrstna446
09-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Hello ladies!

I had my weigh-in today and I've lost 2.2 of the 3 lbs. I gained!! Hopefully I can maintain the momentum.

How is everyone else doing? It is very hot here in So. Cal. It helps that I don't want to eat too much, but I don't like walking in the heat. I try to do it first thing in the morning, but I'm still sweating a 6:30 a.m.

Welcome BlondeBlueEyed!

How's it going for you Pookie?

blondeblueeyedbeauty
09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey everyone, I hope you all had a great labor day weekend... too bad it's over. I weighed in at 162.6 on Friday, and I'm so glad to be back on the plan! It seems a lot easier to stick to than the time before and I'm proud to say I havn't had more than one desert in a day! So how is everyone doing?

POOKIE88
09-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah Christina, So glad you are back on track. You have been such an inspiration and a great cheerleader to others, so I am glad you are doing well again.

BlondeBlueEyedBeauty, (love your avatar photo) Wow congrats on your loss - I bet you are glad you started back on the Jenny Craig program. Congrats on eating just one JC dessert at a time ;-) !

GypsyDancer(Darlene): Glad you are doing so well too !

I guess "AllthingsBright" is busy in the ER. Hope you are doing well.

YummyMummy77
09-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey everyone.

I'm on day 5 of JC and I thought I would have seen the scale move by now. I've been SOOOO strict and eating according to my plan, drinking 8-10 glasses of water and exercising 40 minutes a day. Why won't my scale move???

I'm SO afraid of going Saturday and not seeing a loss.

Jen415
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Yummy: have faith--if you are working the plan, it WILL work for you! Sometimes our bodies hold onto pounds for some reason, then BOOM! they're gone.....Hang in there!

Jen415
09-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh, BTW...I am joining Jenny Craig either today or tomorrow. I have been thinking about this and studying and reading and reflecting on it for a long time, and I believe this is the way to go for me.

I feel very good about my decision to call Jenny....:)

YummyMummy77
09-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks Jen - I think I've actually just discovered my problem....AF just arrived. So that's probably why my scale is so stubborn. It's okay - she's about 25 days late so I'm long overdue - here's hoping next week is an extra great loss!!!!

Jen415
09-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Yup good ol' Auntie Flo......LOL

blondeblueeyedbeauty
09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Jen : Congrats on deciding to join Jenny!

I just had my weigh in today after 5 days on JC... I was down 2.2 lbs... It feels so great to FINALLY be off my plateau that I was on FOREVER!!!

YummyMummy77
09-06-2007, 08:31 AM
Ok, I'm UP a lb!!! WTF??? I've stayed totally OP and I've exercised 45 minutes on the treadmill every day (at almost 4.0 speed). Even with aunt flo....why am I gaining!!??? GRRRRRR!!!!!!! My first WI is tomorrow and I'm going to be UP??????

Jen415
09-06-2007, 12:07 PM
You don't know for sure you'll be up tomorrow....the scale varies SO MUCH from day to day. There are so many variables! Just wait and see what tomorrow brings....

And even if you're up--remember it is temporary!

Jen415
09-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks Beauty for the welcome! :)

Jen415
09-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Okay, where the heck IS everyone?????

POOKIE88
09-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Sorry Jen, this thread does not get that much "traffic".

I love your new avatar, it brought a smile to my face. I can't quite make out what is Val holding?

Last Weigh-in I lost 1 lb. No big whop, but it it better than gaining or staying the same. This time around, I am trying to accept slow weight loss and I am trying to be happy about any loss (even the small ones).

So Jen did you go ahead and call Jenny like you planned? How did your first consultation go? Did you try the food yet? What do you think about the program and the food?

BlondeBlueEyedBeauty, Glad you broke thru your plateau !

How is Christina and GypsyDancer and AllthingsBright?

YummyMummy - any loss yet? --Pookie

Jen415
09-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Hey Pookie! I think Valerie is holding a "cocktail"! LOL

Today is my first day on the food--banana nut cereal and turkey burger so far...chicken fettuccine and DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAKE tonight!! :):):)

I really like my JCC. She was very good about explaining the program, and made necessary substitutions due to my food allergy (coconut). The centre director seems to be a sweetie too!

My JCC will have to take my pic next week, since there was no film for her camera yesterday. I figured JC would have gotten in this century by now and use digital!!! Oh well.....:)

WTG on your pound Pookie!!!! It's one pound at a time!!

POOKIE88
09-09-2007, 04:56 PM
It sounds like you are off to a great start.

I am glad you really like your JC consultant. I think it is SO important to have a good relationship with your Jenny Craig Consultant. I had switched consultants early on - and I learn so much more from the one I go to now.

BTW: My photo was taken with a Polaroid Camera, so I guess a lot of the centers do not have digital cameras yet.

Don't forget to FILL up on your veggies and "free foods". It is important to supplement the JC foods with the salads and veggies and fruits and "free foods" so you don't get too hungry.

JEN : :goodluck: to you on your JC journey --Pookie

Jen415
09-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the advice, Pookie! I don't have much problem with fruit, but I sure do have veggie issues!! I'll have to work on that.

Something else I will have to work on is timing my food on the weekends. During the week should be no problem, but the weekends are a lot less structured.

So far today I've had the Breakfast Scramble, Southwestern Style Chicken burrito and apple crisp. YUM! Tonite's meal is meatloaf!

YummyMummy77
09-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I was down 2.6 by my WI!!! WOOHOO!!! Plus, the scale seems to be on the down trend since AF has left town!!! So I'm excited for my week 2 WI on Friday!!

Jen415
09-11-2007, 11:30 AM
YAY Yummy Mummy!! That's what we're shooting for--the downward trend!! :)

My week 1 weigh in is Thursday after work. I feel pretty confident I will meet the six pound goal that is in my signature, and hopefully more! :)

Jen415
09-13-2007, 11:00 PM
First week's weigh in results:

Down 5.6 lbs!!

(actually it was only six days! had I had one more day I know I would have gotten that last pound!!)

blondeblueeyedbeauty
09-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I go weigh in tomorrow morning... I did bad this week... went out to dinner/lunch too many times:(

Congrats Jen on losing those 6!!!!!!!!!!

Gypsydancer
09-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi, everyone! I'm here. I was on vacation, but still managed to lose 2.2 pounds (I brought my Jenny cuisine with me). Welcome to Jen and YummyMummy! I love this program--I wish I had joined years ago. I think it's really holistic and there's a lot of emphasis on changing what's going on in our heads that made us fat. I spend a lot of time on the JC board--have you checked it out? It's very helpful, too.

Jen415
09-14-2007, 09:52 AM
WTG Gypsy on losing on vacation!!

I do read the board on the JC site--lots of good program information! But you can't beat 3FC for support!!

3meows
09-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi,
I am considering starting Jenny in the next couple of days. There isn't a center that is very close to me, so I will probably do the meals by mail. Does anyone do that on these boards? Do you find the program to be easy? Any information would be appreciated!

3meows
09-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh, one other thing -- how espensive is it for weekly food?

Jen415
09-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi fernmeow2!

I think the plan is EASY! It's all planned out for you, while at the same time you have enough flexibility to personalize it. For me, taking all the thinking out of it helps!

I go to a centre for my weekly consultation and weigh-in, so I don't know much about the Jenny Direct program.

The weekly food is between $110 and $120 a week. If you add up your groceries, plus all your eating out, you will find that it is very comparable!

Good luck deciding what you want to do.....:)

Jen415
09-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Looks like I am going to have to keep posting to bring this to the top!

I *KNOW* I cannot be the only gal on 3FC on JC!!

blondeblueeyedbeauty
09-19-2007, 09:57 PM
I had my second week weigh in last friday and I only lost .2 lbs:( I really cheated that week and wore lighter weight clothing when weighing in. Today I weighed in again and wasnt expecting that much gone because of the many drinks at the HardRock saturday... but i was surprised to see i was down 2.4 lbs yay!!!

anyways... how is everyone doing here, not many posts since I last checked.

Jen415
09-20-2007, 02:24 PM
My weigh in is tonight. Not sure what to expect though--I've not been able to do any cardio because of the cellulitis in my leg. It's on the mend now, so hopefully I will be able to start walking again tomorrow. I've actually missed it!

POOKIE88
09-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Congrats BlondeBlueeyedBeauty on your weight loss. You are lucky you can lose despite all the "partying" :cheers: you are doing. That is one of the advantages of being so YOUNG! Enjoy it :)

:goodluck: Good Luck Jen on your Weigh-in tonight.

Sorry it has been like a ghost town :ghost: on this thread........

I lost another 1 lb. this week, so that brings it up to 21.5 lbs gone so far. It is going slow, but I am glad to be losing at all at this point.

Jen, My center has an extremely large full-length version of your "Val" avatar on the wall. I thought of you when I saw it.

Bye for now. --Pookie

Jen415
09-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Hiya Pooks! great to see you, and congrats on your pound! As long as there is a downward trend, the speed is irrelevant! :)

Had another good weigh-in tonight--2.2 lbs GONE!! That is a total of 7.8 lbs in two weeks. And from my highest weight, it is a total of 22.2 lbs!

I bought the new Creative Recipes book at my centre. It take the JC cuisine and gives it a makeover for a delicious meal. For instance, you can take the Chicken Fettuccini and make it into chicken divand by adding broccoli, mushrooms and a bit of parmesan cheese. YUM!!

See you later!

POOKIE88
09-21-2007, 11:33 AM
JEN

Wow 7.8 lbs in two weeks :goodscale:

Congrats on your great loss. I also brought the Creative Recipes book this week! Jen, you are doing great. --Pookie

Jen415
09-21-2007, 01:15 PM
I really really LOVE this program!! :):)

Jen415
09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi y'all! (All two of you that still read here! LOL)

Had a slip this weekend--went off plan Saturday night. But I was able to get right back on it.

This program makes it easy for you to get back on track!!

chrstna446
09-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Hi Ladies,
Sorry I haven't posted in such long time. Life has been extra busy for me - at work and at home. I've been playing with a couple of pounds, up one week and down again, so I feel like I'm just treading water.

I was talking to my consultant and telling her how right now this diet is not my main priority and I need to try hard to make it a bigger focus so I can finally get to my GOAL. So close, yet so far.

It's funny how motivation works. No one really knows how to get it. I'm really at that point right now. I'm still on program and doing o.k., but not doing it 100% like when I started. I know I need to be at 100% in order to lose those last 10 lbs.

You know, I'm doing really great, if my goal is to maintain. But that's not my goal.

So starting today I'm trying to make a new commitment. I need to act like I'm starting JC like it's all new. I know I can get there. I just need a little bigger push.

Hopefully you will all be here to help me through this . . .

Christina

Jen415
09-25-2007, 09:21 AM
You bet, Christina! We will definitely support you! Look at how close you are ! With some determination, I know you can be at your goal weight really soon!

amyia1977
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey Girls, I'm new to this forum. I tried JC for a 2nd time 3 weeks ago and so far so good. I was diagnosed with IR in June so losing weight for me is definitely a challenge. However, with no cheating (I don't eat out..period), and taking Meridia I do think I'll be able to overcome my first month and come out victorious! LOL...

Jen415
09-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi amyia! Glad you can join us!

I've dropped 7.8 lbs in two weeks on JC! It has been so EASY to follow the plan!! :)

POOKIE88
09-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi Amyia, Welcome. Do you have to make any adjustments with the food or program because of the IR ?

I think when I get to the point when I am doing MOMO (Meals on my Own) I might cut back a bit on the starches.

Chrisitna, I think that starting out "fresh & new" is a good idea. I hope that works out well. Wow I can't even imagine being only 10 lbs from goal --that is great.

Jen, Congrats again on your weight loss!

--Pookie

Jen415
09-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks again Pookie!

Tomorrow is weigh-in, but I am not expecting anything due to TOM. Whatever will be, will be.....

POOKIE88
09-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi JEN

I hope you did OK with your weigh-in today (even with your TOM), if not I'm sure you will do twice as well next week.

I lost .5 (half pound today) no big whoop, but I am happy to be going down, even if it is VERY slowly.

Jenny Craig sent me a link to a new JC commercial that is going to start airing next week. Both Val & Kirstie look really good in the commercial.
Jen, I think Val is wearing the same dress as in your avatar.

I hope AMYIA & CHRISTINA & GYPSYDANCER & BLONDEBLUEEYEDBEAUTY & YUMMYMUMMY & ALLTHINGSBRIGHT are all doing well. --Pookie

blondeblueeyedbeauty
09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey Pookie, .5 loss... thats awesome!!!! Any loss is a GREAT one!!!! I've been alright other than the fact that my cat jumped the fence (shes in heat) and hasnt been back for three nights :( usually when she gets out shes at the door in the morning... but not this time, so I put up lost kitty posters. I go for my next weigh in next wednesday, which will make it two weeks since my last weigh in. People are starting to notice my weight loss so im pretty happy about that.

How is everyone, its like a ghost town here.

blondeblueeyedbeauty
09-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Just curious... has anyone ever tried a diet supplement while on Jenny Craig and seen greater results?

chrstna446
09-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Congratulations Pookie! All the little drops add up and you've already done very well. Keep it up!

Isn't it great when people notice, Blondblueeyedbeauty? We had a birthday celebration for my parents this past weekend and I got to see some family members that I haven't seen since before JC. It was nice to hear all the complements. It helps to remind us that we've worked hard and affirms that we can do this!

I'm still struggling a bit with my new resolve, but I am doing better then before. I believe if I concentrate on the program and not the scale, I'll have the success that you are all having.

:dust: for all of us!

blondeblueeyedbeauty
09-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Christina, its awesome that you've lost 50 on JC, I cant even imagine how surprised your family was when they saw you after losing that much weight!!! Do you have any before/after pics?

amyia1977
09-29-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't know if I can say I ever tried a diet supplement with JC but I am taking Meridia with my food and I must say its working! I'm actually still losing weight on a 1500 calorie diet. I was diagnosed with Insulin Resistance this summer so losing weight has always been an issue for me. As an example, when I was on Weight Watchers, before being diagnosed it took me 4 months to lose 6lbs and only one week to gain it! LOL...

chrstna446
09-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Woo hoo!:carrot::carrot: I was down 1.8 lbs today and I weighed in with jeans!!:cb:

It feels good to drop some weight for a change.

Blondeblueeyedbeauty, I'll need to figure out how to post the pictures, but I'll be sure to scare some up.

Hope you found your cat.

This week I decided to set a goal of losing another pound in one week. I don't normally set weight loss goals because I found myself falling short of the goal and started thinking of myself as a failure:dizzy: My philosophy was to concentrate on following the program and the weight will follow. I still believe in that philosophy, but I feel like I need to push myself a bit more, like I need to have a clearer goal. We'll see how things work. I'll keep you updated.

I bought the new S'mores bar today. Has anyone tried it? I'm loving the apple crisp and don't want it to go away.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and thin thoughts for the coming week.

Christina

chrstna446
09-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Let's see if this works . .

blondeblueeyedbeauty
09-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow, You look amazing!!!!!! I can't wait to get down to my goal, those pictures are such inspiration.

amyia1977
10-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Congrats on the weight loss chrstna446! I know where Mammoth Cave is! Its in my home state.. LOL. So what did you think about it? Is Fat Man's misery a work-out or what?? LOL...thats one of my favorite parts of the cave. Can't remember some of the other areas. This is soo healthy for me to see folks like you that have lost a lot of weight with JC! It keeps me going!! I have my 4th weigh-in this afternoon! Wish me luck!!
BTW, has anyone heard of stopping the drinking of water at least 2 hours before weigh-in? Does that really help??

chrstna446
10-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the compliments blondeblueeyedbeauty and amyia1977.

Looking at my before picture, taken about 3 months before I started JC, I amazed my selfhow far I've come. Thank you blondblueyedbeauty for asking me to post. As I obsess over the last of my pounds, I can see what I've done and that I can get to the finish.

Amyia1977, we didn't walk through the cave. We drove into the park and then went to a Dairy Queen or something. Talk about healthy! I met up with my good friend, pictured with me, and some of her girlfriends in KY and drove to Destin, FL. I have bathing suit pictures of that trip too, but I'll spare all of you of the sight.:barf:

Good luck on your weigh-in. Let us know how you did.

(I always weigh-in first thing in the morning without eating or drinking. It's amazing how much one bottle of water will weigh you down. I think you should do whatever works for you, but be consistent.)

POOKIE88
10-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Blondeblueeyedbeauty: Did you find your kitty cat?? Hope so!

Amyia, That is great that you are overcoming your insulin resistence and losing weight on JC !

Christina,
Thanks so much for posting those photos-what an INSPIRATION ! You look so lovely. :queen:

Jen, Hope you are doing well.

I am making another change in my life (in addition to Jenny Craig). I just hired a professional organizer who is going to come and help me purge my clutter and get organized. I have a feeling that getting my home "in order" will help with my eating program too. She came today and after one session, I already feel "lighter". She is coming again next week to continue.

--Pookie

POOKIE88
10-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I like the new JC commercial that came out this week. They both look good.

Jen415
10-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Hey y'all! Sorry I haven't posted lately!

Last Thursday's weigh-in showed a 1.4 lb gain, which I was not suprised to see considering TOM showed up!

I've really been sticking to plan and working out this week, so I am hoping to get rid of that 1.4 plus more! I would love to have a 10 lb total loss for my first month, so that would mean the scales will have to show a 3.4 lb loss.

So....this week's magic number is--315.5! I will keep visualizing that number on the scale tomorrow!

blondeblueeyedbeauty
10-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Well I had my weigh in today after two weeks. Well after the first week I went in the centre and weighed myself... I was up 2 lbs!!!! Then the second week, I stuck to it and cut out some dinners and I dropped the 2lbs + .8 more... good considering I was up... but this week will be better!!!

And I did find my kitty, after four nights being out, she showed up at the back door!!! yay!

Jen- you're doing awesome so far on the plan! Don't let a little gain get to you, you will lose it quickly!

Pookie- hope everything goes well with the organizer. your house will be INCREDIBLY clean and clutter free once they make suggestions.

Jen415
10-04-2007, 11:10 AM
WTG Beauty!! Feels good to see the # go down, doesn't it?

Pookie, I am envious of your personal organizer!! One of these days when I'm rich enough....;)

Well, today is weigh in for me. It's not until 5 pm, so I have a whole day of navigating around food and such. I try not to eat or drink too close to weigh in to give everything a chance to go through my body.

I am pretty sure I lost the 1.4 I gained last week, but I am hoping for that magic number of 315.5 for a 10 lb loss this month. Today is also a milestone weigh-in, so I will get measured. Now I KNOW for certain those numbers went down! Everything is fitting loose on me these days!

Will let you know how it goes!!

Jen415
10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, I didn't see the number I wanted to see, but I was close! The important thing is 9 lbs and 4.5 inches are OFF MY BODY!! Not bad for four weeks!

My reward for myself is I bought the Touchstones DVD. My JCC Sophi highly recommended it. I haven't watched it yet, but I will set aside time to do that this weekend.

On the subject of my JCC, she is AWESOME! At first I didn't give her enough credit because I thought she was one of these counselors that maybe lost 15 lbs or something and is trying to show ME how to lose weight. Well, I found out that she was 252 lbs at her heaviest!! She's now about 130. To me, that gave her much more credibility. For some reason, that really matters to me.

Sophi also shared with me how even though she is at goal, she still struggles, and that for her, it will always be one. Most likely it will always be a struggle for me too....BUT--it will be worth it!!

And dammit, I did what I said I wouldn't do and ended up crying!!

chrstna446
10-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Congratulations to all you losers! Your losses helped to inspire me!

Good job, blueeyedblondebeauty!

Pookie, let us know how the organizing is going. I see the connection between the weight loss and the clutter. I guess it is all about being in control.

You are doing so good, Jen! Aren't loose clothes a great feeling!

Funny, I've been seeing my consultant for over a year and I've never asked her about her own weight. I truly think this lady has never had a weight problem, but I guess you never really know. I do love her, though. She is a little dry, so it took awhile for the two of us to gel, but I'm so happy I can be sarcastic with her. I guess she gets me.

Going back to assuming people don't have weight problems, I've had a few people in the waiting room give me a funny look - like what are you doing here? They have been suprised to learn that I've been a JC'er for a year and started 50 lbs. heavier. So again, you can't judge a book by its cover.

I get what your consultant says. I've gained and lost so many pounds in my lifetime it is not even funny. I know that if I want to keep this weight off, I will truly need a lifetime plan. I might, over the years, have to mix things up a little bit, but I'm always going to have to be working a plan. I do know, if I keep my focus, I can do it!

I hope you all have great weekends!

Jen415
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey y'all....

Well, I ate off plan for TWO days in a row! Friday there was a BBQ at work. I made good choices, but it wasn't Jenny food.

Saturday wasn't as good....I was OP until we went to a party in the evening. I had a few drinks (anyone ever try vodka in Fresca? Too damn good!), which lowered my inhibitions ALOT. I ate way too much and am up about 4 lbs on my home scale. HOWEVER....I was OP all day yesterday and so far today....I've had 32 oz of water by 10 am and starting on my second 32....I will do my regular Monday workout with maybe a few extra minutes on the treadmill.

In other words...this setback is NOT stopping my forward progress altogether!! I can do this! This is SO DOABLE!!

Jen415
10-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Where are you JC buddies???

Last week at weigh in I bought the Touchstones for Success DVD and CD. SO worth the money! I have learned so much from it!

Has anyone else bought it?

Jen415
10-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Looks like this is turning into a "Jen's progress" thread! Oh well, I will keep posting, even if no one else does!

I gained .5 this week. Not surprising, I guess.....BUT, I am determined to get going back DOWN again!

Today is Saturday and I have been totally OP yesterday and so far today. There is a pool party later, and I am bringing a low-cal Jello dessert and a veggie tray. And before I go I am eating my Jenny entree and some veggies. I won't go to a party empty-stomached again! :)

blondeblueeyedbeauty
10-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Way to go Jen, even if you did gain .5, it will come of easliy. Im glad everything is going well and ur not going to the party with an empty stomach. I weigh in on Wednesday... I hope it will be good.

Jen415
10-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey! You live south of me a couple of hours! I live near Vero Beach!

chrstna446
10-14-2007, 03:14 PM
You are doing great Jen! Don't let that little blip get to you. With your determination, it will come off next week.

I weighed in today 0.4 lbs lighter!. It was my TOM this week and I was up a couple of pounds earlier in the week, so the loss was great in my eyes.

Jen, were you able keep up with the program after last weekends parties?

I had similar situations last weekend and then with that TOM it was a little difficult to get back to riding on the straight and narrow, but fortunately I seemed to settle back down by the end of the week.

I believe it is really important to "move on", a concept I have to continually reinforce within my own lifestyle. It is often very hard for me not to beat myself up after missteps. I've tried very hard over the 1+ years I've been on JC not to fall into that trap. A trap I found myself stuck in with most of my other diet attempts. Life happens and that's o.k.

Well I'm going to try my best to lose that pound a week that I have said I would. Even though that didn't happen the last two weeks, the reality is that I've lost 3 lbs. in 3 weeks anyway.

Hope you all are doing well!

mschelle42
10-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi all!

I'm new to JC and the forum. Just wanted to say hello and wish us all a successful week!

I started today and will weigh in for the first time next Saturday. So far today I had the pancakes/veggie sausage, the PB anytime bar, and the chicken sandwich for my JC food. No problems!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

blondeblueeyedbeauty
10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey mschelle, thats awesome that you have decided to join jenny!!! The pancakes/veggie sausage i would have to say is my favvvvorite meal!!!! As the anytime bars go, I first tried the PB ones and they were just okay.... but when I got the cookies and creme ones, they were a LOT tastier. I hope your first week goes great!

chrstna446
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
:welcome2:, Chelle!

So sorry to get back to you so late. Unfortunately this board isn't extremely active, but everyone here is very supportive and very friendly.

I've been on JC for over a year and have lost over 50 lbs. I struggle quite a bit now and these boards help me as I make that slow move to the finish line.

Please let us know how you are doing and good luck!

Christina

Jen415
10-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Welcome , Chele (fellow sorority sister!) I am an Epsilon Sigma Alpha!

Hey y'all, it was a GREAT week for me--3.5 lbs! So I got rid of the .5 I gained last week plus three more! I am soooooooooooooooo happy about this! Just 3.5 lbs until my 5% goal is met!

fitnessweetie
10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi! Trying to find other active people on Jenny. I seem to need more support....

Jen415
10-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Hiya Karen! This particular thread is not as active as I would like, but if you want to chat about Jenny, let me know!

mschelle42
10-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey everybody!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Blondblue: I might try the cookies and creme! I am just going with the yogurt this week.

Christina: 50 lbs is incredible! You are so close to goal! I will help push you to the finish line if I can!

Jen: Congrats on your 3.5 lbs! We can do this!

My week one results: 4.9 pounds! Woo hoo! On to week 2!

luvtotravel
10-21-2007, 01:27 PM
I am new to this forum and new to JC. I started for the first time yesterday. Good luck to all and I hope I have some good results to report down the line.

mschelle42
10-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Welcome Luvto!

We have a similar starting weight! You will be pleased with the food tastes. The quantity might be a bit of a shock, but use veggies to pump up your meals. Good luck and keep us posted!

chrstna446
10-21-2007, 02:45 PM
:welcome3: to Karen and Luvtotravel. Glad to hear from new people. Keep us updated on your progress.

Great job, Michelle! 4.9 is awesome!

I'm up 0.2 and am a little discouraged, but I guess I need to try harder.

I finally went to the gym last week. It was only once, but I hadn't been since my cornea tranplant in May. I still have to be careful, but I'm planning on increasing to two times next week. I need to try to kick up the exercise a bit.

Hope everyone has a great week.

:wave:

mschelle42
10-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Christina, .2 is nothing, don't fret about it! Keep your eyes on the prize and you will get there!

fitnessweetie
10-21-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi all I had my weigh in today. I lost 1.4. I am to lose 10 lbs by Nov. 10th So, that is my first pounds lost. So far I have lost 12 lbs on Jenny. I really need to focus more on me....It is so nice to read others post.....Nice to meet everyone!:wave:

luvtotravel
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm sure posting here will help my progress.

Congratulations fitnessweetie on the weight loss.

fitnessweetie
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM
I told myself that I will be active on this thread and it is my hope to meet others on this weight loss journey!:hug:

Lovetotravel: Wow! your 2nd day! :flow1: I really did well with JC the first month with a loss of about 10 lbs....I know that you will be shock at the scale when you weigh in. I think that the plan is easy to follow, however, as time went on, I got hungry and low energy at the end of the day. But I do love the food!

Christina: You have come along way babe! So get those feet moving. I wish that I was where you are now. And to stay the same without working out, OMG! Just think what can happen.....You go girl!:ebike:

Chelle: I do not like the anytime bars and I do not like to do the yogert. So, I have a fruit and some cheese. It is nice to meet you!:)

Jen: I love your blog.....Hope things are going well.....:flow2:

BBB: Nice to meet you too! Tell me what are some other foods that you like?:^:

Or anyone, tell me which ones you love and hate.....Thanks!

Karen

Jen415
10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey y'all...

Karen I dont write in my blog much now....most of my JC journey is on this thread I think!

Chelle: GREAT JOB on your first week!

Welcome to luvtotravel! Let us know how you get along!

mschelle42
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey everybody!

Karen, fruit and cheese is a good idea! I love grapes and cheese. I'll think of that as an option.

As far as food I like, I LOVE the Mexican dishes - the cheesy enchiladas, southwestern burritos, and chicken fajitas. The breakfast scramble and pizzas were surprisingly good.

Didn't care for the chicken fettuccine, the pancakes, or the french toast. I think pancakes and french toast need butter!