Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 12:33 PM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss 37

Yay! Time for a fresh clean new thread!

Well, I weighed in today. Up a little, as I suspected (but less than a pound). So, starting:156.8, current:149, goal:130. But, in other news, I am wearing a shirt today that I bought almost a year ago and have never been able to wear, AND, got into my size 8 jeans this weekend (I don't think I said that before). But better yet, my boyfriend noticed that I had my old ones on and was very impressed. And a guy at work today asked if I was "wasting away." As if! Don't know why I have such a slow weight loss but a quick inch loss, but just wnted to report some good news!

Last edited by bunnyblues; 10-30-2001 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2001, 07:04 PM   #2  

Hey everyone...well it has been a while since I wrote last. I have fallen off the wagon so hard that I can't get back on. The last time I went to the center I was just aggravated and said forget it! I haven't done well and am so frustrated with myself. I haven't wanted to come here b/c I was so embarressed. I hope you all understand. I am going to continue trying to do the program as best as possible.

You guys are doing great!

Marcie W
Old 10-30-2001, 07:12 PM   #3  

Bunny--
You are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Marcie-
I am so glad to see that you are back. Dont forget that we are always here for you...in the good times and the bad .

I know how much really want to lose the weight so I know you can do this. Get back in there!!! Just make a fresh start. You can do it.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:16 AM   #4  

Marcie,

I think it's really brave to come back and try again, and I'm glad you're here!
Old 10-31-2001, 10:09 AM   #5  

Marcie-

How about changing the starting weight on your profile to the current date and your current weight....it would be like a fresh start!

I have not been to the center since Saturday....bad me! I have been sooooo busy though. I am going to make a real effort to get there this afternoon. If I do not go soon I will be out of bars and shakes! Then it would be no chocolate for me.

I have noticed that ebay has lots of listings for LAWL products...if anyone is interested in getting things cheaper than the center offers. Just do a search for LA Weight loss.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:24 AM   #6  

Hey Marcie,

PLEASE DON'T BE EMBARRASSED! As Jibbelle says, we love you and are here for you in good times and in bad times.

I had to ask my friends here for a good old fashioned butt kicking.... and they did an excellent job of doing so. (THANKS LADIES!... just what the doctor ordered)

I'm not completely OP, but have a little more of a drive to get there.

Marcie, do this for yourself! Try making a fresh new start... don't beat yourself up over your mistakes... let us do that

No, seriously... when I get down on myself... I stay down & I don't mean my weight... Be KIND to yourself... it will make you feel better & if you feel better, then you will see a change.... BE HAPPY!

We all stray from time to time with life's perplexities... & girlfriend... you were some kinda jerked around just a short time ago with all that life was dealing you with your interviews, etc. I hope that you are happy with your new job! I am so proud of you... you hung tough! now, hang loose... take a deep breath & do this plan for MARCIE!

We are here for you! & I need a push here & there myself... especially right now.

Would you believe that the bank teller, the librarian, & the postmaster... all told me yesterday... that they thought the reunion was over... ME, TOO! but seems like the paperwork is never done! still trying to mail out booklets, inserts, t-shirts, & photos to classmates that couldn't make it.

WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME! & my hubby even enjoyed... he asked for a copy of bio's last night... he's fasinated by the group.

I told him that I was active in another group... my buddies here... but, that was to remain private... unless, I wished to share. He said that he would respect that.

Anyhow, Marcie... stay in touch... especially when the going is tough... that's what we are here for.... YOU!

BE HAPPY!

May GOD Bless you ALL with HAPPINESS & GOOD HEALTH!

Love,
Nancy
Old 11-01-2001, 03:57 PM   #7  

Ok

I have a new mini-goal for myself. 143 on November 16th, the day I leave for my weekend in NYC.

Today's weight 148.6.
Old 11-01-2001, 04:46 PM   #8  

Hi everyone:
Marcie : If you are not happy at the center right now why don't you do it on your own and let us know what your weight is, unless you have weeks that you want to use. I know it is hard losing weight and when you are not happy with the people you are seeing, you will not look foward to go weigh in. I think there is someone else hear who also is doing it on her own. Good luck!
Did anyone give out Halloween candy we usually have a very busy street and last night was so quiet, I think we had about five groups of children, it was kind of sad and now I have all this candy left. my sister is having a Halloween Party on Saturday I will pass it in to her.
I am doing the 2 day take off feeling kind of drained today, I want to get out of these 150's. My sister and I are losing weight together and my father said to her you look good keep going, well I saw him on Sunday and he said to me, you lost weight don't lose to much. I am like where is my Oh you look good. I guess sometimes you can't win.
Diane
4/10/01 201
10/31/01 152.5
goal 135
Old 11-01-2001, 05:08 PM   #9  

Bunny-
Your goal sounds very reasonable. Good luck!!

Diane-
We usually have 40-50 kiddies come for candy...we had 10 or so this year. I have a TON of candy left. I am going to send it with my boyfriend to work tomorrow so I dont have to look at it. He opened up one of the little packs of M&Ms and he said he would give me one M&M every night after dinner. What a treat!

I am finished with my after work snack (a shake), so I better get going. I have lots of studying to do tonight. I have a test next Thursday.

Take care all...and stay in touch!
Old 11-01-2001, 06:19 PM   #10  

Thanks! I had ton of candy left, too, and I took it to work. It was gon by 10am! And, my counselor gave me a sticker for not eating any.

Tonight I'm making

shrimp & pasta with broccoli and sauteed mushrooms with lowfat feta. yum!!
Old 11-01-2001, 06:38 PM   #11  

You dinner sounds yummmmmy!
Old 11-01-2001, 07:45 PM   #12  

Thumbs down Hello to all!

Hello, I'm brand new to this board and I'm on La weight loss. I have a question. I don't mind going into the center, but does anyone here have a problem with counselors that seem like they don't really care or want to be there. I paid a lot of money and it seems like when I go in I'm rushed to hurry up and get out. This is really discouraging and I wondered if anyone else had the same problem as me.
Old 11-01-2001, 11:14 PM   #13  

Actually, I'm usually in more of a hurry than they are. But this is the South... The place turns into a regular quilting bee

Thanks for the compliment -- the dinner was so easy, I cooked it in less than 20 minutes from start to finish! I had frozen shrimp, so just thawed them under hot water in a colander. Boiled the pasta in one pot and the broccoli in another (also frozen). Sauteed the mushrooms and green onions in a pan and threw in the shrimp with some Mrs. Dash lemon pepper. Threw all back in the colander and tossed, then added the feta and tossed again and voila! You know, 6 ounces of shrimp is a LOT of shrimp!
Old 11-02-2001, 08:09 AM   #14  

I think I will have have to try that recipe. Seafood is very expensive here though....I live as far from an ocean as you can get!!

laroxanne-
I have seen the same thing at my center. The counselors never stay there very long either...it seems like every time I go there is someone new. My center is under new management now so I am hoping that this improves. By the way....WELCOME!
Old 11-02-2001, 11:44 AM   #15  

Hi laroxanne:
I have the same problem also it used to bother me but now I just get weighed in and get out. The only problem the is if I have a problem I try to catch the manager and ask her the question.
I basically use the center as just a scale knowing I have to get weighed keeps me on track. Good Luck with the program it really does work.
Jibbelle I never went back to the FB 500 i think I am doing better with out them I know I am sleeping better. I am just going to finish the Tri-max off and see what happens. I do like the calcium though it is almost like a little treat. Did you go back to the Center yet.
Diane
4/10/01 201
10/31/01 152.5
goal 135
Closed Thread