Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #237.

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #237.

Marti
03-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles,:woops: and we also find time for some chitchatting. :gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Marti
03-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

4Amy--I WI on Mondays. I think there are a couple who WI on Mondays also.....and a few that WI on Saturdays. Happy to have you a part of our group.

Jules--Ok....I'm waiting for an update on hubby's hand. How is he doing?

Good morning to the rest of you gals!!

Ok.....today I'm DEFINATELY going to do the YBB video. So.....that's where I'm headed now. Off the computer and onto the floor. :lol:

Have a great FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bandmom1011
03-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Amy- I didn't get to welcome you last night. So :welcome: I have a little group on one of the forums here that we all have a Monday WI, you are more than welcome to join us, if you choose Monday as your WI day.

Marti- March 9th is when I get all my blood work results too. Mine was taking so long because the dr said that she didn't know if my ins. would make the results be done in an outside lab so she knew by that date if they were sent out they would be back. Took me so long to go and now I am anxious for my results. Doesn't make much sense for me does it?

Sue- Those 2 (Antonette and Sanjay) were the 2 that I was wrong about going home on AI. He is so much like Micheal Jackson, which may be his appeal to the viewers. He put me a lot in mind of M. Jackson in "Beat It" with the way Sanjay was dressed and his hat this last competition.

I have some work to do today and then deliver Avon. I plan on getting some exercise in today too. I have to do close to 20 min a day to get to my exercise goal this week. I am out of my Healthy Choice and WW meals and this is grocery weekend, so I am not sure what I am going to have for lunch. Maybe just a bowl of oatmeal.... getting hungry and it's almost lunchtime so I am going to go. Be back later.
HI EVERYONE- HAVE A GOOD DAY:dizzy:

onmyown
03-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Reached my mini goal! I'm in ONEDERLAND!!!!! It'll be official on Monday (hopefully) when I weigh in but I am so happy! I'm going to reset my weight on here. Today I realized that this is something I can do for sure. I'm not doing anything difficult really. Just making the right choices. I think I'll go post in the mini goal thread. Ha! Well, thanks for being here for me. I think I'll spend some time and write you all down on paper so I can tell who is who and who is doing what....

Welcome Amy ~ I weigh in on Monday's. I think as long as you have a day to weigh in and you have someone that you are accountable to its a good thing!

Today it's keep on doing what i'm doing! I did a lot as far as organizing the papers on my desk. I can see my desk. I worked on it until late last night. And I did a lot of laundry yesterday. I'm getting those piles down lower. So...today it's more of the same.

Have a beautiful day! Tina

Jane
03-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Just a fly-by for me today. I have so much to do, but wanted to tell you all hello.

We got a phone call yesterday from a local funeral home, saying that Neal's dad is buried in the wrong plot! He is supposed to be in back of his headstone, but was placed in front of it, by mistake. The company found this out when they dug a grave nearby for someone else a couple of days ago. Neal gave the mortician the phone number of his older brother, who's very critical of all Neal does, and will let him handle it. But isn't that an odd situation??

I'm headed to town for some gift shopping and then for groceries. We're having Terry and Gina's little crumbsnatchers over for dinner tonight, and I'm really looking forward to that, since I don't get to see them as often as I see Mary's kids. This will give T and G some time for a much-needed quiet dinner out. Then tomorrow is the birthday celebration for Katie, and also Clint. I'm making Katie's cake, and she's coming over tonight to make a dessert that he likes - cherry delight.

Anyway, you gals all have a great weekend, and I'll check in when I can. :hug:

FED up
03-02-2007, 01:15 PM
HI
I'm pretty new to this site. I was reading the posts and I would be interested in joining this group.
I've posted in other groups, but don't seem to get any response.
I don't think I smell bad! :)

Bandmom1011
03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
HI JUDY- *sniff* *sniff*- nope I can't smell a thing! LOL :welcome: I am happy you have stopped by here. These girls are great and I don't think you will have a problem fitting in if you just jump right in and post. :-)

Ok, I got a call a little while ago from the doctors office. I am being sent back to the lab for more blood work - this REALLY bothers me!!! The nurse said that they have my results back and that my cholesteral was very elevated and they have to find out WHY, that all she kepts saying- we have to figure out WHY. So now I am kinda freaking out. I was already fasting with these last tests and she said you have to be fasting for at least 8 hrs for this one.
On another note, I meant to ask our medical know how people.... do you think that there is a problem with a blood pressure of 110/58? When the nurse took it, it was 100/60, then the dr yelled at me about the amt of time it had been since I had been there and made me nervous and then it was the 110/58. I am getting very concerned.

Marti
03-02-2007, 02:05 PM
A quick one as I need to scoot out the door and off to work.

Judy--Hello!! You're more than welcome to join us!!! Glad to have you here. :wave:

Jane--Crumbsuckers..... :lol: Love the name......but I think I would use it for my dogs!

Tina--Hurray for Onederland!!! :cp:

Jodi--So we'll both be getting results on the 9th! Now....why is it taking so long for you to get yours back? I'd make a call and ask questions.

Hello to everyone else and good morning to ya!

I did my YBB this morning.....feeling it in my legs. I think I know which video I prefer over the others!

Anyway....gotta move.

Hugs to all!

onmyown
03-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi Judy! Welcome ~ i'm really new myself. (only here for a week) I feel a little lost in not knowing half of what they all are talking about but I think it's great to have the support so they're stuck with me.:p Your numbers are very familiar to me. Your high and your low...except this time my high is way higher then that! But i'll be back in the ball park soon. And this time i'm doing it for life. Not temporary. So lets get it back down there together!

Tina

Bandmom1011
03-02-2007, 02:26 PM
Tina- I haven't been here long either. What I did to jump in was start reading what a few of them were saying (didn't take on everybody- lol) and just started commenting on thier WI's and different things. Then I started looking to see who was making a personal post to me and then commenting back. As I have gotten more comfortable, I just add watching someone else, or maybe someone different has commented to me personally. And I always try to make posts to new members so they don't feel left out for any reason!
So, don't feel lost ok? :-)

jules1216
03-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Update on hubby--he missed tendon, bone and nerve. They didn't stitch it because they want to heal from the inside out. They are worried about infection and don't want him moving his thumb too much since the tunnel of a hole goes in the fleshy part hear his thumb and out through the "webbing" that connects your thumb to your hand. He still is not having hardly any pain which is good. The guy that was working with him said he thought it was harder in him than DH. DH simply reversed the drill and pulled it out and calmly told the guy to lower the lift he was in because he thought he drilled through his hand--all the coworker saw was the blood and he doesn't do well with blood so DH told him to sit down if he felt like passing out.
He is actually soaking it now and it looks like its getting better. He usually does heal fast so that is a good thing.

Marti--have fun doing your YBB!!

Jodi--if you lived closer my and DD could get our AVON from you!! Keep us posted on your medical results. My blood pressure is about the same as yours sometimes its up a little and sometime down low but I am rarely 120/80 which is supposedly normal.

Tina--yea for you!! Oneunderland is my first mingoal!!

Jane--thats terrible about the mixup with your FIL's plot. I have never heard of that happenning but I am sure it has. Have fun shopping!!

Judy--welcome again, I try to see where I was last post and then reply to the people who have posted since, sometimes I get behind and just do a quick hi.

My SIL asked me yesterday to do the games for my nieces baby shower that is a week from tomorrow. I did go ahead and pick up a bunch of little stuff to do the "remember what's on the tray game" with everything going to my niece. DD and I are going to finish our shower gift shopping next Friday.

Well hubby's calling, gotta run!!

onmyown
03-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks Jodi ~ I will try! haha! I can't wait to see you at weigh in's this coming Monday! I've already put in my new goal. It's great because I'm totally changing my outlook on things. I am finally paying attention to myself. I noticed tho my husband is less than supportive. :p He wants me to do for him and when I start taking care of myself he seems to point out all of my faults. Like today I had just bought some eggs and had them out on the counter to cook. And he says "hey you left the eggs out" and I'm like telling him that I was going to make me some. I had just woke him up for work and usually when he goes to the store he doesn't eat breakfast...I guess I could make some for him and get him up earlier but never did before. So He's like "it'd be nice if you got up off your as* and make me some instead of watching that TV". Well, I wasn't really watching tv although it's on. I was on the computer writing down my goals and motivating myself. PSH! Well, I don't care...it's all about me now. It's about time. I've put a stop to my life to take care of 4 kids and 2 dogs and a husband and a house and all the paperwork for our personal/business. So it's time I do for me! Right?

Tina;)

FrouFrou
03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Hello ladies...

MARTI...thanks! you got me to thinking when you said that's 1600 sq ft? I had to go and look up the paperwork, lol. I thought how can it be that if all the rooms are bigger than here, especially the family room? :doh: On one paper it says 1603 and doesn't mention the basement. Then another paper says the same and includes the finished family room. So...I kept looking and found the paper from the office and the sq ft on the main floor is 1313 sq ft and 1603 with the finished family room. Once the rest of the basement is finished (the 2 bedrooms, bath & laundry room) it will be 2626 finished sq ft. It's that now, just those rooms aren't finished so that is probably why the house looks so big. That and the triple garage which was a must this time. V wants his own little room to work in out there.

JANE...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to KATIE tomorrow! And thank you! Not sure about colors yet but know there will be red, gold, green and blue...not in the same room of course, lol. Not sure about window coverings either. I think I am still in shock that we are nearing this being done and won't actually believe it until we are moved. And yes, that is a odd situation but fixable at least. When I read funeral home I thought oh no! I can see how that can happen though. They do things weird at the little cemetery where V and I have a plot and didn't listen to us on how to put the wording on the headstone or the placement of it. Because 90% of the time they do it a certain way they usually go with that. Of course the guy learned his lesson when he had to make a whole new headstone because he disregarded the paperwork and did it his way.

TAMMY...your friends Josh sounds like my Josh. He too was concerned that he couldn't be here to help. When we did our pergola I felt bad because he wasn't here to help because he loves building stuff and he also said he wished he had been here to help. He hates that he is missing out on things here at home. About you cleaning before the cleaning lady comes...I know a couple of ladies who do that as well, lol.

TINA...being a mom is a very stressful job isn't it? Wish they would have told me before hand, lol. Just kidding, I would have had kids regardless...it was my destiny to be a mother and I wouldn't change anything. WTG on being in onderland! :woohoo: It does feel great doesn't it?! Sorry your DH isn't supportive of you. It's always easier when they are there for you to help you with this weight loss journey. Me and DH are going to WW together because he needs to lose a few pounds and I am thankful for the support he gives...we are helping each other even if he is losing faster than me, lol.

MARYKATE...Sorry you are still sore, hoping your arm gets better soon. :hug:

MICHELLE...we had some nasty weather a couple of nights ago. I was so tired I slept thru it, lol! Didn't even know it until last night when DS was telling me about Ernie scratching at his door wanting in because of the thunder. There definitely is some weird things going on with the weather lately.

Thank you VANN!DH asked me when I was going to start packing, lol! He even taped up about 50 boxes for me to get started, lol...such a sweetheart isn't he, lol?! I actually asked him to since he was in the garage packing things there to take to storage to get out of the way. I will probably start packing this weekend and everything will go out in the garage just to get it out of the way. Glad you are home safe and sound. And I agree...there is no place like home.

JODI...don't start worrying missy. I know it's easier said than done. About the blood pressure...my last doc always made me nervous when I went to see her. She was good but I always felt intimidated by her for some reason and my blood pressure was always high. She had me check it for a week and it was fine everytime until I went to see her, lol. Lots of hugs to you :hug: :hug: :hug: I guess I missed that the funeral was yesterday.

HI and :welcome: AMY & JUDY!glad to have you ladies here and look forward to getting to know you! And CONGRAT'S Amy on your 15 lb loss! :carrot: :carrot:

AMY...I too WI on Monday, both at home and at WW.

MINDEE...hope you managed to get some sleep. Hopefully the boys get back on their schedule soon.

Hi JULES...hoping DH's hand is better. EDITED:because I see you posted as I was writing this novel, lol. Glad to hear DH is doing well. As I was reading his story it made me think of Josh...that is exactly what Josh did and the guy he was working with. But he just wrapped his hand and kept working until they told him to go home and go to the doctor.

SUE...a belated HAPPY non-BIRTHDAY to your mom!Hope she and you guys enjoyed your steak dinner. I always wondered what day people who are born on 2/29 celebrate their special day on. the good news is she only has a birthday every 4 years, lol!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Well today was pretty much a loss. I haven't gotten anything done. I went to the mall to take a couple of things back, came home and have been on the computer since, lol. I need to do a load of laundry but other than that, nothing really to do. Not sure what is on the agenda for the weekend. V is wanting to go to the Garden Show on Sunday and possibly look at the house...other than that, pretty boring weekend ahead. Who knows, maybe I will get started on some packing, lol.

Have a good day ladies! :wave:

Bandmom1011
03-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Tina- I have found in the past that people who are less than supportive might be so because if you are taking stock in yourself and setting goals and being focused, then that might cause them to look at themselves. This makes them uncomfortable. My m-in-law is like that. She will make negative comments about the positives. Such as, she has said "oh your butt is getting small". But the TONE of her voice and the look on her face, well she could have been saying your butt in getting big- she was acting disgusted! But I believe she doesn't want to make changes and it makes her uncomfortable.
It is time for YOU!
I think we, as women, don't stop to think about how important we are to the running of the family. We do and do and do for everyone else and we are put into last place. If we work outside the home, we are made to feel guilty, if we are full time mom's well people will make us feel guilty for that too. We can't win for losing very often. At least that is the way I feel.

FED up
03-02-2007, 04:39 PM
:thanks: Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Here's a little about me:

:dizzy: I have 5 kids, ages 6-22. I've always had a bit of a weight problem, but I never tried to lose until I was 21. I've been up and down for over half my life! This time, I was the heaviest I've ever been. I saw a news story about Alli wt loss med and I asked my dr about it, so she told me about Xenical. I decided to go ahead and try that, along with joining Curves, which I've never done. I paid for a year up front, so it would be more incentive to keep going! I started the Xenical on Feb 16 and Curves on Feb 19. I've only lost 5 pounds so far, but this is the most sensible diet I've been on in my life. I hope it works!
:grouphug:Three of my girls are also overwt, just by a little, but I know what the potential is for them to have health and esteem problems, so I signed up two of them at Curves. (The youngest girl isn't old enough for that). Their first workout was last night and we had a blast!
:cheer:I'm hoping that together the 3 of us will get down to our desired wt and keep it off!

onmyown
03-02-2007, 05:40 PM
That's great Judy! My girls are little sticks. I told my youngest (17) that my goal was to fit into her pants. haha! I'm waiting for the day where I say ~ "hey ~ did you take my jeans?" haha! I think it's great that you get to do that with your girls! That's a great incentive.

Jodi~ My hubby has a bit of a belly but he's 6'1" and his legs are skinny and his arms are too. I carry my weight everywhere. I think what upsets him since I've been taking care of myself is I'm not joining him in our past 'bad habits'. Like eating in front of the TV and staying up super late. And I'm not catering to him like I used to ... as much. So he'll get over it when I start looking like Angelina Jolie...j/k!!

Christina ~ thanks for the reply too! ;) It is a stressful job. For me even more now that they are hard headed teenagers (all four of them) And trying to help run a business.

Thanks everyone!

Tina

vannh9
03-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Happy Friday to all..boy am I glad it's friday.

Jodi--Yeah...I hated that Nick left. I thought they should have sent the other guy home..(Sanajay) I did think the girls that left wouldn't be a big loss!! So sorry about your day, but I hope you guys find closure! Take Care!

Amy -- :welcome3: I weigh on Sundays and I do it at home I am not doing ww. I am using this group and they have been awesome for me. I think the biggest thing is being accountable to myself and this forum allows me to do that without judging the times that I slip..in fact they always pick me up again :)

Jane- I used to bake, but I no longer have the time anymore. I miss it too..I think you are very creative. I NEVER did anything quite like the checkerboard. AND the Buriel situation does sound quite odd. I hope they get it straightened out. Did I see that Katie is having a Birthday? Brianna turns 1 year old on Sunday and we are having the party at my house tomorrow. Fun times...We are excited.
I also saw you missed your mind/body/soul appt. I am going to a mind/body/soul convention on Sunday. I will let you know what it is like. I have never been before.

Mindee. I remember those schedule challenges-it seems like so long ago now :-). I know it is so tiring. Good luck!

Christina--Ok..now you were looking at those show cats (LOL) Mine doesn't look quite like that, but he is still pretty. I also have a mutt-kitty and she is as beautiful and he is. They are both long haired and balance each other well. I will try and post pictures of the one my daughter is getting as we are going to look at them tomorrow.

Judy:welcome: I can relate to having kids that are a bit overweigh. My son is also a bit overweigh and I want to be a role model for him. He went to the doctor last week and they showed him his growth chart and tried to guide him on healthy eating to now gain any more weight. He seemed to listen. I think it is great that you have your daughters involved!! Glad you are here!

Christina--Have a great weekend. I know you guys are releived!!

Hugs to you all and I will touch base later

:hug:

FrouFrou
03-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Hello ladies...

JUDY...I think that is GREAT that you and your DD's are doing it together! My daughter and I walk together sometimes. She doesn't need to to lose weight but more for her health. But we have a blast when we walk together as I bet you and your daughters do at Curves. WTG on the 5 pounds! :carrot: I go to a place called It Figures, it's just like Curves. I enjoy going but won't sign for another year. I think it has helped me tremendously with getting on the exercise bandwagon.

TINA...mine are beyond those teenage years but I swear they still act like they are 2 sometimes, lol. About sharing clothes...I can only wish, lol. My DD is a skinny mini and I would never be able to fit in her clothes. She went from a size 11 down to a 4/5 and says she still needs to lose 5 pounds, ugh! I'm not even aiming for my weight before I married and had kids. My body has changed over the years and what was a good weight for me back then is not so great now. So I am aiming kind of in the 150's-160's...won't really know until I get there. But growing up I swapped clothes with my older sister, shirts anyway. Have you seen that commercial where the DD finds a pair of her moms jeans and the mom sees the daughter wearing them and decides she is going to lose weight and take them back? I think it is a cereal commercial, not sure. But at the end she does take them back and is walking out the door wearing them, lol. Shoot, who keeps clothes from years ago?

VANN...I think you meant Marti when talking about the cats ;) But that's okay...one day I will get a cat, I think. I want one but DS is allergic. Maybe if I get one it will make him move out faster, lol! Kidding...or am I? :lol: A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brianna! The first birthday's are the best I think...they are so cute at that age.

Hi to everyone else again! :wave:

I may be on tomorrow after all. V is working tomorrow most of the day so I have nothing to do, except clean house and do laundry, and pack of course. Sunday he is wanting to go to the Home and Garden Show, which might be nice since I will be needing ideas for landscaping. Anyway, just thought I would stop in and say HI to everyone! Have a good one ladies! :hug:

tommysgirl18
03-03-2007, 03:05 AM
hello ladies!

well, I was able to get some sleep last night, although Brandon was back up again at 3am. He fell back to sleep, and woke up at 10am. Then played with Logan, ate some lunch and was ready to take a nap. So, he took a nap, ok ok so did I, and then he went to bed at his usual time (as in his usual time as of late) BUT he didn't fight me this time. So, I hope he is turning a new leaf. We also did some errands too.

we went to get the boys hair cuts. I was going to get one, but I like having long hair for now, but once the baby comes, I am sure I will go short again! Brandon sat like a little gentlemen for his hair cut. Logan sat on daddy's lap and got his first hair cut. He no longer has blond curls anymore! We did get some of his curls for his baby book. Then it was off to Wal-Mart to pick up some stuff and take back the dresser we bought for them. Tommy went to put it together and there were pieces broken in the box. We found another one, and him and Brandon took it out to the van while me and Logan grabbed the other stuff we needed.

welcome to the new members! I can't wait to get to know you all better!

4amy
03-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi everyone,thanks for warm welcome.Jodi,i would love to join that monday weigh in group.you'll have to tell me how to find it because i'm having alittle trouble finding my way around this place.Last week i bought a pair of jeans that are about 10-15lbs too small.I'm working on getting into them.Iusully weigh on mondays and i think i will have a lost these week.(keeping fingers crossed.)Hope everyone is doing great.:)

onmyown
03-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi girls! :) (wave)
I just wanted to stick my head in to report another 2 pound loss!! yippee!!!! I got my Diet Center suppliments yesterday. It helps keep your blood sugar stabiized and I think it was a big contributor to my scale going down this morning. I feel good too!

Amy ~ I'll see you at the weigh in Monday. If you go to the list of topics and go down down down to the weight watcher threads. There is one for weigh in and then you'll see one titled MONDAYS WEIGH IN and that is where you go!

Mindee ~ My youngest had beautiful blonde curls too! I loved them. I don't think I saved them tho..;( I do have some good pictures of him with them tho!

Christina ~ I LOVE that commercial...it's inspirational to me. I have some jeans from 8 years ago! haha! And they're little. I used to use jeans as a motivator. I would buy the same favorite jeans from Express and every time they started getting a little baggy I would go shopping and get the next size down. I loved those jeans because they let me get into a 3/4 and I NEVER wore that size before it was just the brand...but felt good nontheless..haha! I also have like 9 pairs of designer jeans that i've bought the last few years as motivators to lose weight and they still have the tags on them. Last night I got them out and looked at them. They are so cool. It's a BIG motivator for me because I've been wearing the same jeans almost every day. And I had to go to a funeral the other day and I tried on my black pants and they wouldn't button and ended up having to wear those same jeans...totally miserable!

I'm excited! I'm going to take a long bath this morning...relax....and visualize myself wearing those new jeans....(they are about 40 pounds away Im afraid)

Tina

4amy
03-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks Tina,I will check it out.Hey congrats on the 2lbs!!

FrouFrou
03-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Hello ladies...

Man am I having a boring day today, lol. Don't know what to do with myself having the house all to myself. So...I am doing some spring cleaning. That's one good thing about moving, I can clean, really clean as I pack and get rid of stuff I no longer want or need. Been meaning to call Habit for Humanity and see if they pick stuff up. They have a store on the west side of town and I thought why not help out them. If not then I will give it all to the Goodwill, not sure they take furniture though, I think they do.

TINA...:cheer2: :cheer: WTG on another 2 pounds gone! You are doing great! I wish I could get in that mode of thinking, or rather motivation. I bought a shirt that was a bit snug and tried to use it as a motivator...didn't work. I still have the shirt and it really is cute so maybe I will try using it again. Glad you are in good spirits! :)

AMY...I may have to buy a pair of jeans and try the motivator thing like you & Tina. Hope you are having a good day.

Well, just wanted to check in and say Hi :wave:

Have a good weekend ladies!

Bandmom1011
03-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know of any good online grief support groups I can suggest to my cousin's wife? She is searching for one and I told her maybe you might know of one.

Thanks

tommysgirl18
03-04-2007, 02:35 AM
hello ladies!

4amy~ I love having incentives to help me stay motivated! Good luck!

Tina~ Congrats on the 2 pounds gone! My hubby had curls when he was younger, and he had blond hair as well. So, hopefully Logan's curls come back. Brandon had curls as well when he was younger. We got him his first hair cut and they never came back.

Jodi~ I don't know of any off hand. Have you done a search on yahoo or google?

Cristina~ Sounds like you are busy! That is what we did when we were packing to move back down here. We went through every box and got rid of stuff that we didn't use any more or didn't have a use for any more.

suetalks
03-04-2007, 02:48 AM
Happy Saturday... I hope everyone is having a nice week-end. I stayed home and ironed today...ugh! On a high note I finally got to see Dr. Rozin on the You on a Diet show. I had seen bits and pieces, so now have seen the whole thing. DH watched also and we talked about some of the things we plan to do when we get home. Then we walked. YAY! SO, no more white bread, no more white pasta. (his downfall is bread, and I love pasta) And we have to read labels! Most of what we saw we knew and just don't do.
I talked to all 3 of the kids this week-end. My CA DD just got a new job, starts Mon. She is excited to be working for a criminal lawyer. DD in CA was excited too, he and my step-son (who live together) are moving closer to the beach and lots of things are happening for their business, DD in IN is planning a trip to Myrtle Beach for Spring Break with her hubby and the "grands" who are all 3 teens. Wonder what she has let herself in for??? LOL.
Jodi- I'm afraid I don't know of a support group. Hope you find one for her. I will have to join the Monday WI if and when I ever get back to weighing. :)
Cristina- Once again I am trying to box up things for a move, so I know what you are up to. At least out here I am just trying to pack what we are taking home in the van. I will try to get DD and DS to come over and take the rest. I loved your house pictures and forgot to tell you. I know you are excited, and I don't blame you.
Tina- I must admit I got rid of my small jeans. I remember a pair of white levis that I loved and wore to death. Wish I had kept them for motivation. BUT, I am sure I will never be that small again (8) ....if I can get to a 12 or 10 I will rejoice.
Mindee- I hope Brandon gets back to his normal schedule. You will soon be sleep deprived enough from the new little one. Did we get to hear any thoughts on names yet?
Jane- What a strange thing to have happen. I hope it is easily solved. Any sunshine in Indiana yet? We want all that snow to melt before the 13th. Funny thing...DD went to check on our house and since we aren't there the guy who cleaned off the street piled all the snow in front of our drive-way. DD said everything else was melting pretty well, but she still couldn't get into our drive-way. At least they knew no one had been messing with our house. :)
Amy- Anything that helps motivate is good. I am going to have to think of something to get myself in line. I swear I have the least will power of anyone here.
Vann- Hello to you...and Happy Birthday to Brianna.
Judy- Welcome to you.

They put the sign up in our yard today, so we are officially for sale. They will try to sell it while we are gone. *fingers crossed* I cleaned from top to bottom yesterday, so I know I am leaving it clean. Now I am working on packing a few things and cleaning out cabinets and pantry so it shows well.

tommysgirl18
03-04-2007, 04:16 AM
I apologize in advance for anything misspelled or anything extra in this post. I have an almost three year old climbing on me....even though he should be sleeping!

Sue~ Nope, we haven't decided on any names yet. I am hoping that he gets back on his schedule soon.

vannh9
03-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi Guys..

Well yall can all call me the Turtle (LOL) .6 pounds and I am thrilled. For me I am eating in a manner that I think I can continue forever and I know for me to maintain my weight loss it has to be simple and doable.

Thanks for all you and the role you have played in this for me!!

Christina-You are right. I did mean Marti for my cat info:-) Thanks for the Birthday wishes. It was really a neat 1st birthday and I think being the Grandma helped..I didn't have to do so much!!

Sue--Much luck on the house sale. You are entering a good time of year. I will send luck your way!!

Tina- Congratulations on the loss!!

Hello to everyone else. Jane, Sassy and Marti, Judy, Michele, .....hope you are all having a great weekend!

I am off to Pinehurst tomorrow and not back until Tuesday. I will check in then!

HUGS to ya..

onmyown
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone! My battery is low and my DD has the cord...so I will be back on later! I had to cheer for myself tho! I'm down another 1.25 pounds! I'm so excited! My new goal of 'the 180's' is coming sooner than I thought! My motivation is high! Well, thanks everyone for the support. I will write later and address everyone individually for sure. I think part of the reason I'm losing steadily right now is that I got the vitimins for the program I'm on and they help me keep my blood sugar stabile. Anyway...I'm sure it won't continue to come off this fast but it's nice while it does. haha!

See you all soon again,

It's nice to know you're all only a few clicks away!

Tina

FED up
03-04-2007, 03:21 PM
That's great Judy! My girls are little sticks. I told my youngest (17) that my goal was to fit into her pants. haha! I'm waiting for the day where I say ~ "hey ~ did you take my jeans?" haha! I think it's great that you get to do that with your girls! That's a great incentive.

Jodi~ My hubby has a bit of a belly but he's 6'1" and his legs are skinny and his arms are too. I carry my weight everywhere. I think what upsets him since I've been taking care of myself is I'm not joining him in our past 'bad habits'. Like eating in front of the TV and staying up super late. And I'm not catering to him like I used to ... as much. So he'll get over it when I start looking like Angelina Jolie...j/k!!

Christina ~ thanks for the reply too! ;) It is a stressful job. For me even more now that they are hard headed teenagers (all four of them) And trying to help run a business.

Thanks everyone!

Tina

Tina,
When I was thinner, I did share clothes with my teen daughter....
(although, I did draw the line at tee shirts saying "I http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w155/jjshaw2007/sm_heartsmall.jpg Justin Timberlake!" lol

That same daughter, at 21 y/o, is now 5'6" and has a figure to die for! :D

Marti
03-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Good afternoon ladies--

It has been a beautiful weekend weather wise. We've had two PERFECT Spring days. Just totally loving it and taking advantage of it. Hubby and I went for a drive all around yesterday looking at houses. Some were just too far from where we want to be.....and would take as long driving to work as we already do so that was good to see....eliminate the area's that we DON'T want to move to.

So much going on this weekend...not sure if I can keep up with you all! Lets see if I can quickly do it and not miss anyone.

Tina--Fantastic weight losses!! :cp: You're doing fabulously! Very happy for you.

Jodi--I wish I knew of a support group for your cousin. Are you wanting local or just an online group? I will ask around.

Jules--So good to hear that your DH didn't damage anything vital. I would have probably passed out and then because one big baby from it!!

Cristina--I would love to find a house that size and at a good price. I'm sure the prices are a HUGE difference there compared to here. I love your house and I bet you'll have it all dolled up in no time!

Judy--Thats great that you can workout w/your girls. It can be a bonding experience while your all getting healthy.

Vann--Losing is losing....whether we do it turtle or hare style...a loss is a loss...so celebrate away!!

Mindee--Don't apologize.....w/your hands full totally understandable. I don't have that excuse!! So you'll just have to bear with my horrible messes! :D

Amy--I've never thought to buy jeans in a smaller size. I think I would be too paranoid of never getting into them. I do have jeans though that I had bought when I was smaller.....wishing I could get into them (but now they're dated!! :lol: )

Sue--That's good that you and hubby both watched the show...that way you're both informed which makes it easier to do together. Good for you two for walking!!

Hello to all that I may have missed :wave:

Ok...time for me to get some things done around here that I've been wanting to get done. Have a great rest of the evening and I'll check in later on.

Hugs! :hug:

onmyown
03-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Judy, Yes...I would limit that to I heart Brad Pitt! ;) My oldest daughter is 19 and she's a model in LA. She wears like a size 2/4. Psh! But It sure will feel good to get back down there on the same planet as the girls anyway...ya know? haha!

How did you do the other day when you were feeling weak? Did you get through that food craving? I hope you are feeling good today!

Hey Sue ~ good luck on the sale of your house! Sounds exciting! Another good motivation is to BUY a pair of 12's and just hang them out where you can see them. Kinda like that commercial with the teeny weenie polka dot bikini...remember that? It's for a cereal commercial and she kept looking at it and eating that cereal? Anyhoo....you got the idea...:)

Vann ~ Congrats on the .6 off!!! That's GREAT! It you keep doing it you'll be most likely to keep it off long term.

Mindee ~ i'm going to have to dig up the picture of my son with his golden locks! ;) How are you feeling? Tired much?

Christina ~ you CAN get this motivated. Just start a journal. It was key for me when I lost 50 pounds in 1999. And it's key now. I get a beautiful blank book. And then I feel it with all sorts of stuff. I put a picture of a body I think looks good and paste it on the back...(minus their face because I like to imagine my head on that body...haha) and then I make a graph and I'll graph out my weight losses. And then I basiclly set small goals for myself. And I write in it every day. I wrote almost every day the last time I lost the weight and it's really motivating to go back and read that. :) But it's a great idea.

Marti ~ THANK YOU ~ I appreciate it that you noticed! haa! ;) GREAT help you are!

Tina

Jane
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

Sue - temps are supposed to be in the 50s this week, and even higher next week. Keep in mind, though, that I'm south of you. Glad nobody could tresspass through your driveway!

Cristina - did you make it to the garden show today? I need to continue with the plans for my cut flower garden. It will be planting time before we know it! Btw, your colors sound so beautiful! I am so very happy for you, Cristina.

Vann - how was the body/mind/soul convention today?

Marti - it's "crumbsnatchers", lol. But crumbsuckers would be fitting, too. You're doing great with the exercise. I'm so proud of you!

Julie - yowza for your DH!!!! I got kinda queasy just reading about it, and am glad to hear it's healing ok.

Hello to everyone else, especially the new ones.

Neal and I are headed to town in a little while to spend some time with my sister Katie and her DH again. She just got back from visiting her DGKs in Indy, and I'm hoping she'll have pictures. The birthday party last night was fun. I love to hear my kids talk about the "old days" when they were small.

I got my tickets for Universal Studios bought. Couldn't pass up a deal like that, plus, we're going to spend some time at Disney, too. This is all for next year, but I got the tickets on sale now. Woohoo!!!

Toodles,

jules1216
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Jane--I am glad he is okay too--he's going stir crazy at this point not being able to tinker in the garage. Share those 50 degree days!! It was nice on Friday but cold today. I am glad you had fun at the party!

Tina-my dd is 19 (turns 20 in June) and I think Jane's Katie is around the same. DD is a size 3 to 5 depending on the cut and the time of year. What are you doing to have such consistantly great losses?? Congats on those BTW.

Marti--DH called and told me that he had done it and the press foreman was taking him to the ER and I could come later--I told him I was going because I would have been a mess and not got any work done anyway. He goes back to the specialist on Tuesday and it is healing nicely.

Judy--welcome--my dd is 5'6'' too

Vann--I am a turtle too--I will lose and then plateau again and again--it gets frustrating sometimes.

Mindee--I hope the curls come back--we didn't think my poor dd was ever going to get hair!! SHe was 2 1/2 before I could put a barette in it. SHe has beautiful hair now--she got the perfect combination of DH's curls and my straight as a board. She can blow dry it straight or put some gel in and crunch it for perfect waves. My almost 22 year old DS is letting his grow. It's one lenght to the chin and he parts it on the side--it looks good.

Jodi--have your cousin check with the local hospital--sometimes they offer grief support--at least ours does. Hope she finds what she needs to get through.

Sue--good luck on the sale of the house--it's not the one you just finished building is it??

Cristina--hey there missy--I have been reading so I have not been completely bored but I can't wait for the snow to be melted & spring weather to come to start doing things outside the house!!

Hi to Sassy, Katie and anyone I have missed. Hubby's calling!!

onmyown
03-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Jules~ Thanks! I used to be a counselor for Diet Center and my mom owned it. I always did well on that program but haven't been on it for years. Even the last time I lost a lot of weight in '99 I did my own thing. But I'm desperate now so I found the online program www.dietcenter.com and I joined it online because there isn't a center close by any more. Then, I am following the old program to get faster results. It's a little boring but I prefer that. The first week I wasn't on the suppliments either because I was waiting for them to come in the mail. On Friday I got them and I am also using their meal replacement bars (carmel/peanut butter) and they taste good to me. So I realize this won't keep coming off this steadily but it's great while it lasts! But on the old program we used to see results of 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks and about 2-3 pounds a week after that. They sold the company in the 80's I think to a corporation and since they've changed it to add many items that weren't allowed in my day. I've limited myself to the old menu. Basically chicken breast and fish and eggs and wasa bread and veges and fruit...in a nutshell!

Tina

FED up
03-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much everyone who has welcomed me! I feel so loved :o
I had a moment of weakness last night, but it passed. Today I bought some sugar free chocolate pudding with only 60 calories per serving. One of those servings will suffice in an emergency! lol

I have a "before" picture that I took of myself with my two fitness partners. They are 5'0" like me. One is 12 y/o. I wonder if she'll grow any taller? The other one is 16, and I'm pretty sure her height will stay at 5 feet. Ah, :rolleyes: yes, the only ones who lucked out with the height and thin build are my 2 oldest children! They eat anything and everything and do not have any sort of excercise routine, yet do not have an ounce of fat on them!

FED up
03-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Hello ladies...

JUDY...I think that is GREAT that you and your DD's are doing it together! My daughter and I walk together sometimes. She doesn't need to to lose weight but more for her health. But we have a blast when we walk together as I bet you and your daughters do at Curves. WTG on the 5 pounds! :carrot: I go to a place called It Figures, it's just like Curves. I enjoy going but won't sign for another year. I think it has helped me tremendously with getting on the exercise bandwagon.

TINA...mine are beyond those teenage years but I swear they still act like they are 2 sometimes, lol. About sharing clothes...I can only wish, lol. My DD is a skinny mini and I would never be able to fit in her clothes. She went from a size 11 down to a 4/5 and says she still needs to lose 5 pounds, ugh! I'm not even aiming for my weight before I married and had kids. My body has changed over the years and what was a good weight for me back then is not so great now. So I am aiming kind of in the 150's-160's...won't really know until I get there. But growing up I swapped clothes with my older sister, shirts anyway. Have you seen that commercial where the DD finds a pair of her moms jeans and the mom sees the daughter wearing them and decides she is going to lose weight and take them back? I think it is a cereal commercial, not sure. But at the end she does take them back and is walking out the door wearing them, lol. Shoot, who keeps clothes from years ago?

VANN...I think you meant Marti when talking about the cats ;) But that's okay...one day I will get a cat, I think. I want one but DS is allergic. Maybe if I get one it will make him move out faster, lol! Kidding...or am I? :lol: A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Brianna! The first birthday's are the best I think...they are so cute at that age.

Hi to everyone else again! :wave:

I may be on tomorrow after all. V is working tomorrow most of the day so I have nothing to do, except clean house and do laundry, and pack of course. Sunday he is wanting to go to the Home and Garden Show, which might be nice since I will be needing ideas for landscaping. Anyway, just thought I would stop in and say HI to everyone! Have a good one ladies! :hug:

Christina - I don't remember seeing that commercial, but as far as who keeps clothes from long ago? I do! I am terrible about getting rid of clothing! I have clothes in my closet sizes 4-16!!! I can't bear to part with these "skinny" clothes that I "might" wear one day. Well, I don't expect to ever wear the 4's again..... I know one thing for sure; I will give the fat clothes away!

Bandmom1011
03-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Jules- My friend is going to go to the group at the hospital, the problem is that is only meets twice a month. She is looking for something online to go with it, for the in between times that she is going to need support.

Marti- I thought maybe there was a group online that someone else was already affiliated with that we would know was supportive so she didn't have to go thru a bunch of groups before finding a good one. She is going to go to the one at the hospital but it's only twice a month.

Anyhow, I am doing good today. I have to go in the morning to get some more bloodwork and then we will just be waiting til Fri for my doctors appt. I hope everyone has a good week.

tommysgirl18
03-05-2007, 01:08 AM
hello ladies, how are you all doing?

I can hopefully get some personals out on here tonight. Brandon is crying, but he hasn't come out of their bedroom yet, so I am crossing my fingers that he doesn't.

Marti~ I have spelling mishaps without him sitting on my lap. I was typing to someone and spelled throat wrong. I couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell it correctly. The only thing that kept coming to mind was throught and I couldn't tell why it had it underlined.

Tina~ Yay on the weight loss!

Jodi~ Good luck with your blood work and your doctor's appointment. I go to the doctor's on Wednesday of this week. Then next Friday I go for my level II ultrasound.

Judy~ WTG on the weight loss! Me and Tommy will take the kids for walks when the weather is nice. Which hasn't been lately, but we do go for walks around the mall and what not. It is nice to have someone to walk with. It makes the time go by much faster.

Jules~ I hope is curls come back too. He looks so cute with them!

Tina~ I am doing good. I am tired, but I think it is a combination of being pregnant and Brandon's wacky sleep schedule. I have tried to get them on a schedule of getting a bath every night with the lavender and chamomile shampoo, and it seems to help. He won't fight me as much on the nights that he gets a bath, so I am thankful for that.

Vann~ Congrats on your weight loss as well!

suetalks
03-05-2007, 02:23 AM
Busy week-ends for all...... I went out this morning, but was home by noon and lazy most of the day. I did get in 2 walks as the weather was beautiful.

Jules- No, the house we are selling is the vacation one in Vegas. We are not going to be spending time out here anymore. (after it sells) Too much of a big city feel, and hard to get to even the grocery store. Love the weather, hate the congestion. Miss the new house. Glad to hear DH is healing!
Judy, Tina, Vann- Yay for the weight loss. Keep up the good work.
Jane- I am counting on the 50's when we get home. I am so anxious to get the landscaping started.
Mindee, Jodi- Good luck at the Drs. this week.....keep us posted.
Cristina- Bet you are packing up a storm. My DD called today to tell me that they will come over and get the furniture we were going to have to do something with...yay! They just got a new condo and are anxious for "nice" things vs. their bachelor crap. LOL (his words)

Sorry if I didn't yak at you tonight...gotta run for my tv. Thinking of you all.

4amy
03-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Hey everyone,This is weigh day for me i have lost 4lbs this week,woo hoo:) :carrot: !!i'm halfway to my march goal and 1lb from my 20lb mark.hope everyone has a great day.i will check in again later!:)

HappyMedium
03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
I saw the word "jaded" and thought "Yup, my kinda people!" :D
I quit smoking eight days ago... it's going pretty good actually. (OK- I'm swearing more & eating too much)
I've lost 20-30 lbs in the past, maintaining 135-140. Now, I've come to beg for some help loosing it one more time without the cig crutch. :dizzy:
So far I have a daily goal of one mile one the elliptical & remember what moderation means. (and cut out ice cream in the evening).
Looking forward to getting to know all of you!
- Jen

4amy
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome Jenn.I just started here a few days ago and this is a great bunch of people herethat is very supportive and freindly.

HappyMedium
03-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Thank you Amy- and congrats on your weigh-in this morning!
- Jen

FED up
03-05-2007, 10:54 AM
:sunny:Good Morning Ladies!::sunny:

I've started my morning with a workout at Curves....I can't even call it a "workout" it's so effortless...I keep thinking I'm doing something wrong!

Mindee - Our weather here is so miserably :flame: in the summer, that I will plan on walking in the mall at that time. It's a huge mall...now if I can just avoid that candy store! ;)

Amy - :high: WOW! 4 pounds in one week....if I could only do the same.....

Sue - :thanks:

Jen - MUCHO CONGRATULATIONS on quitting smoking! I know that's hard...and dieting at the same time! :cp:

I have a question for everyone: How often should one weigh? I hear some say once a week, some say once a month. I can't help but peek everyday! What are the recommendations?

onmyown
03-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Judy ~ everyone has their own ideas on that. If you get frustrated with the daily ups and downs then every day might not be so good and then I would suggest for you to weigh weekly. But if you understand that different things can affect your weight (water retention or muscle gain) then you could weigh in daily as I do. I think it helps my motivation and lets me know I'm on program. It's hard to ignore when you are going to weigh in the next day. On the flip side when I'm NOT on program I stay far away from that scale and that's why I let my weight go up and up and up....I think If after losing the weight last time ~ if I had weighed myself at least weekly I wouldn't have let it get to far outta hand. But outta site outta mind..ya know

T

Marti
03-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Ladies :wave:

Today is WI day for me. And w/TOM here I still managed to lose a measley .5lbs and that's A-Okay with me!! :D

Jen--Hello and Welcome to our group!!! Looking forward to getting to know you. I was a smoker/weight loser myself. Eventually it gets easier......just gotta keep pushing!

Tina--I agree w/you on the journalling. That is one thing that is helping me now....although I'll admit that I haven't journalled this last week....and it shows. So out it comes once again to be more accountable.

Jane--Oh goodness....crumbsnatchers sound more polite than my crumbsuckers. Sorry!! How fun to plan another Disney trip. The DGD will be a little older and have a little more fun!! I'm determined to one day get my mouse ears!! :D

Jules--I say I would pass out on a situation like that but then I remembered at my last job a gal had ran a box knife into her arm....I was getting her calmed down and getting the security crew.....and it was our big burly mechanic guy who was going to help that had to sit down and put his head between his knee's due to feeling light headed. Now if it was me who got hurt....who knows how I'd react! Glad that your DH is healing well.

Judy--I WI once a week. I think everyone is different. I think Tina said it nicely....just gotta go w/what doesn't frustrate you and will keep you going instead of discouraging you.

Jodi--I hope your cousin finds what she's looking for. I'm going to try my darndest to get in early to work for my blood work. That's the only bad thing.....it's free and it's only for a few hours. Hopefully I'll be able to fit in.

Mindee--I have words that I look at like that and think the same thing!! Looking forward to hearing how your ultrasound goes Wednesday.

Sue--The weather here had been very Spring like and I'm loving it. I should really mow my lawn....but I haven't. I did tell my hubby that I would like my bike pulled out so I can ride it before work....give my body some variety in exercises!!

Amy--Wow!! 4lbs is great!!! Congrats on that. And only a pound away from 20lbs! Good for you. I've lost a total of 15 so far and now my loses are slowing down. Need to revamp my ways and see what I can do to kick start it again.

Good morning to the rest of you!! :wave: So many of us I hope I haven't forgotten.....but if I have, please forgive me.

As I've mentioned, it's time for me to re-evaluate what I'm doing and see if I can make some positive changes to get myself back to losing more. A stall here and a .5lb there.....I would like to get back to the 1 -2lbs losses!! But I shouldn't complain...I haven't gained and that's HUGE for me. :yes:
Off I go to have breakfast and record it in my journal!! (shame on me for thinking that I didn't need it)

Have a great Monday ladies!!

onmyown
03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Marti~ I know you can get going. The re~evaluating is the best step! Mine was setting up a plan and getting really focused on it. Journally help me stay focused. In the midst of all of the craziness that goes on when you have 4 teenagers.

Amy ~ Congrats on the weight loss! :) Try hauling a 20 pound bag of pototoes for a couple hours...what a relief to get that OFF!

Jane ~ I went to Disneyworld with my parents and my family last July. What fun! I just love it! I think that Disneyland is great and I want to take my kids there again soon.

Mindee ~ Are you getting the sonagram that shows the features of the face and all? Some of those are so much more advanced now. I think that would be exciting tho.

Everyone else ~
Well I'm UP .5 today from yesterday. But today was my Weekly WI day and I was down 5.5 from last Monday! So it's still good! This is the initial water weight you lose so you can't tell by looking at me that i've lost over 8 pounds but I feel better.

Well, my DS is mad at me today because he wanted to stay home sick and then drive to his girlfriends house to 'relax and do homework'. haha I said no about 100 times already this morning. He tried every angle. ARGH!!!! What PART of NO don't you understand? haha! And then I have my 19 year old that was leaving her BF last night (she's the model in LA) and I was worried about her safety. You never know what a BF will do when you leave them. But that's my stress for today....hmmmmm WHAT'S in store for me tomarrow...God knows!

Have a wonderful day today ladies. :) Think THIN.....Replace the bad with the good and you are bound to see results. I went to the movies last night and I ate a HUGE apple I pre~sliced and had a lemon crystal light. ;) (Instead of buttery popcorn and my usual diet soda)

Tina

Marti
03-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Ladies!!

We're pretty close to #50 so I'm going to go ahead and close this and start a new!

See ya at #238!!