Support Groups - Weight Issues #50: Let's get back to sexy!!!

melekalikimaka
03-01-2007, 05:53 PM
:welcome: to the March 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. Are your New Year resolutions still on the front burner? If not, let's turn up the heat and get down to business. We've gotten through Valentine's Day and hopefully thrown out all the chocolates by now. Let's breeze through March and work our way to lean and sexy.

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast :coolsnow: to the West Coast :shocksn: and the sunny Pacific :sunny: :rain: .

We support :cheer2: :congrat: :cheer2: each other through the highs :high: and lows :( of every day life--it's not just about weight loss :goodscale , it's about LIFE :dunno: . If you have something to say :gossip: or need a shoulder to cry on :cry: , come on in, :comp:
grab a chair and stay awhile :cofdate: . You'll be glad you did.

melekalikimaka
03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
So I started the new thread and thought I'd summarize my February. Weight loss wise it wasn't so good for me. A total of 2 lbs lost. But in my defense, I also had knee surgery so I wasn't exactly mobile. My eating wasn't stellar either so what more do I want? Anywhos, I am happy that I am 2 lbs DOWN instead of UP :D

With each therapy session I am getting more strength back into my leg and hopefully within this month I will be able to get back out there and pound the pavement, or at least take my poor doggie for a walk again. With that, I am again refocusing on FOLLOWING WW and fitting back into some of my smaller, more SEXY clothes :belly:

So what about you guys?

Newlifestyle
03-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Noelle.

I hope you are doing well. I was thinking of you today as we are getting a big snow storm and I thought, wouldn't it be nice to live in Hawaii.
Take Care
Ann

Karen31
03-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Good Morning,:sunny:
The scales were fairly nice to me this morning. I lost 1 pound this week. :carrot: But since I've been losing one week and then not the next since I've started, and this was a week I wouldn't have lost I'll take that 1 pound!

It's cold here again this morning. It was 0 when I got up and is up to 10 now! The belt broke on my dryer yesterday so I have clothes hanging around the house to dry today.:( I do have a clothes line outside but it still has snow all around it and at 10 degrees I just didn't want to go out and try to hang wet clothes!

Noelle, glad that you are feeling better. It can get frustrating at times doing the PT but before long you will be back to yourself again. I don't get back to see my Dad as much as I would like to but we try at least once a year. If Kansas wasn't between us it would only be about a 5 hour drive!! I've tried to figure a way to move Kansas but it just doesn't seem to work!! :lol:

Kempyd, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your pool in progress! I'll bet you are really excited. I know I would be. I think I'm going to get a small plastic "Kiddie Pool" this year for Ginger and Sissy. I'm putting in a picture of Ginger and I at my Dad's pool a couple years ago. She has her "Life Jacket" on. Anytime I went in the pool she had to come too!

Well, I think I'll finish my cup of coffee and then start my "walk" Hope you all have a Great Day! Karen

Kempyd
03-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey guys!

It is actually chilly here today. We do have a high of 75 though and I am ready for that.

I can't beleive it is March and Noelle look a the # for the thread. 50!!!!! can you beleive we ahve been chatting that long. Even longer, both of us were on the thread that Christy started. I think about her sometimes and wonder if they were able to adopt and how her hubby is doing. Do you ever hear from her?

I choose not to recap my Feb. b/c there really isn't much to say in the weight depart. Oh, and the 10lbs thing, joe only has 4 lbs left JERK!!!!! 2days ago I had 8, now I have 9 left. Darn it! But, I have been working on positive thought and visualizing myself while I am working out and I am just going to keep doing that b/c eventually it will happen. It just has to.

Karen we had a kiddy pool for the dogs and they wouldn't go in it. They would much rather sit in the water in the culvert under the driveway. We ended up saving it for Echo and her puppies. YOu never got to see those pics. I will have to see if I saved any to a disk for you and post them. I see the pics and miss them and then I htink about the mess and stop right there!

melekalikimaka
03-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Good morning ladies, I tried posting yesterday and then the server got too busy so it bumped me off! I lost my nice long post. So anyway, I lost my 2 lbs that I gained last week so I'm back where I was 2 weeks ago :rolleyes:. This week I am going to try really hard to keep journaling and watch what goes into my mouth.

Hi Ann, nice of you to stop in here. :wave: Maybe you can pop in once in a while and chat with us. I hope your temps are getting warmer for you.

Kempy, that sucks about Joe (the cheater!) losing so fast :lol:, but I am still rooting for you girl! :cheer: Wow yeah, thread #50! I always think we've been around longer because I know the server crashed once and we lost count and started again. I haven't heard from Christy maybe more than twice since she stopped posting here. I do remember reading that she may have had a baby of her own, despite having thought they couldn't so that's wonderful for them. (i'll send you the link)

Karen, you always make me smile with pictures of your dogs. We all treat them the same way I think (like children). My lucky has a red backpack which she hates, but we make her wear it when she pulls too much when walking.

Cal, is Ashley getting better? What did the the doc say? Hope you guys have a nice relaxing weekend without any aches and pains.

OK Dips, it's the weekend. You better come out and say hi.

Hi to cw, ANGIE? and everyone else. Have a great weekend.

calnative
03-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Ashley is finally doing better. Her fever went down yesterday and she even started giving me attitude again. I now know she is feeling better. Unfortunately, the penicillin upsets her stomach and so she's not eating very much, but she does drink water, gatorade, etc., so I'm not worried. She goes back to school on Monday, as do I. It's our last week before Spring break...I can't wait.

Cal

Kempyd
03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey guys. It sure was quiet around here over the weekend. I spen mine painting furniture. i thought I would give some of my old pieces new live instead of buying new things.

Noelle It looks like Christy had the baby herself. I am not really certain why her pics would be on the adoption site though.

Cal I am glad to hear that Ashley is feeling better. I guess she just had a resistant strain. I know that Ehco is only a dog but every time we have to put her on something it takes awhile to respond. She will get some sort of resistant strain of bacteria or fungus and hundreds of dollars later she is better.

Karen did you get any releif from the snow? It actually got down to 32 here the last 2 nights. I was worried about all of the new plants that I put in the ground. They made it though so I am happy.

I need to run and head to the store. I didn't get any groceries over the weekend so we are completly out of stuff for dinner.

Karen31
03-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Hello Ladies, We finally have sunshine!!! :cheer: :sunny: :cheer: It is up in the high 50's today and I'm loving it!!! :) We are supposed to continue with the nice days through this week then Friday comes along and they are talking about another storm coming!! :(

Tim, my hubby, is home sick today with that "BUG" that is going around. He actually started it on Saturday but wasn't able to kick it. A friend of mine said that her friend has had it for over 5 weeks now!! I hope he is able to get rid of it before that much time goes by!! It seems like he ends up going into pneumonia:( if it lingers on to long.

I did get my 6 miles in walking with Leslie this morning. And this weekend I got 1 1/2 pound wrist weights to use with the videos. I used them this morning for the first time through the last mile. I figure since I'm doing 3, 2, and then 1, I would get used to it on the 1 mile then go to the 2 miles. I can sure feel that I have 1 1/2 pounds on each wrist when I do it!!

Cal, I'm glad to hear that Ashley is feeling better now. It is so good when kids start feeling better. Just hope it doesn't decide to run through the entire family! That is always a bummer.

Kempyd, glad to hear that your plants made it through the cold spell. Last year I put out a couple Geraniums in pots on each corner of the house. They had beautiful flowers on and looked so pretty. When I got up the next morning they had been "PRUNED"!! I asked Tim if he cut them back and he said no--- later I watched a deer jump our fence and come over and start chewing on one!! Now I know who did it!!! :mad:

Hi Ann, I don't think that I have talked to you before--- But I'm with you-- after all this snow in Colorado this year Hawaii really does sound nice. But then again Hawaii sounds nice anytime!

Well, guess I'd better go and get some work done. Except for my walking today I've been kind of lazy! I guess it must be all the sun!! :sunny:

Hope everyone has had a good day and I'll catch you all later. Karen

Karen31
03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Well, I guess it was silly to think that I wouldn't get sick! :( I started getting this bug last night and don't feel so hot today. Pretty much drained. But I'm going to go and try to still get my walk in.:) I hope I can manage it because I really don't want to miss any days if I can help it.

My son is supposed to come up today and do some more on our roof. We are replacing it since we had hail damage last year. It has been a long process since it has only been him and my hubby working on it. I'll bet they don't try to tackle that job again!

Hope you have a good day and I'll check back later. Karen

Kempyd
03-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey, I am home today and I thought I would play around with the camera to see if I can figure this resizing thing out. I think I got it. If these work I will take more pics of the house and some of the yard.

melekalikimaka
03-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Hey ladies, I'm stuck at work here wishing I was somewhere else. The weekend was good though, we did the family thing and went to a mandatory meeting for Michael's 1st communion class, then we went to lunch, then hung out at the park for a while. Therapy was killer as usual, and I got stiff over the weekend so they worked me extra hard yesterday, ouch! I have 3 more sessions then get evaluated to see if I have to do more. I think I'll have to go a little longer because I'm not getting rid of this limp.

Karen, sorry to hear your hubby is ill, and that you caught the bug too. Take care of each other. And hey skinny, you have to change your weight on your profile to reflect all those pounds lost! :D

Kempy I love your house! Especially the dark toned woods against the white, it's just beautiful. I'd love to see what you're doing to your yard too.

Cal, how are you doing today? Ashley back in school as well? PM or email me if you need to. Just get through one day at a time. Which reminds me, Michael is out on spring break come Friday--I can't believe it's the end of the 3rd quarter for them.

Well, I need to get some work done,I'll try and come back later. Have a good one.

Karen31
03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Hello all! I did get manage to get my 6 miles in today:whoo: But no guarantee that I will tomorrow! I'm really beat this afternoon. :tired: I just really wanted to do it if I could. Plus I did use the weights for the last 3 miles today:carrot: Sure hope it helps!

Noelle, I wish I could change the weight on my ticker but that is what I weighed when I weighed last Friday. :goodscale I hope I can move it more than 1 pound this week!:) But Thanks for calling me skinny!! I haven't heard that in 100 years!!! :rofl: I hope the therapy realy helps and you get back to yourself real soon.

Kempyd, I loved seeing the pictures of your house!! :) It looks so nice just like a home in House Beautiful magazine!! I wish I had your decorating ability! I'll see if I can find some of our home and post. It isn't anything fancy but it's home.

Well, just wanted to stop in and say Hello to everyone. Guess I need to find something to fix for my hubby for dinner..... I wonder what he would think of Ramen Noodles!!! :( I couldn't do that to him!!
Take care. Karen

calnative
03-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Ashley went back to school yesterday. I'm so glad she's feeling better, but I sure don't like her attitude at times. I still have 3 1/2 years before she becomes a teenager. I guess I'm getting a preview. (of course I work with tweens and teens every day...)

Noelle: Thank you for everything. We're on spring break after Friday as well. Ashley, too. I'll be off for 2 weeks and Ashley will be off for 1 week. We're not going anywhere...still saving up for the cruise this summer. We bought Ashley a new bedroom set and it will be delivered on Tuesday. That means that this weekend we'll be cleaning out her room and getting rid of the old furniture.

Karen: You are doing so great. You're becoming an inspiration to me. I'm on a plateau right now, but I'm hoping that things will move...down in the next few weeks. I might be going to Colorado this summer for a week or so. My grandfather's sister lives in Pueblo and she wants us to come and visit. I'm seriously thinking about goint in July. I told her we wouldn't go next week because there's too much snow to deal with. The closest we get to that stuff is TV!!

Kempy: Your house is beautiful. What a decorator you are. I, too, can't wait to see what you've done with the yard.

Dips: How is school coming? I hope everything is working well for you.

Hello to everyone else. Come out and play...

Cal

Kempyd
03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Aw guys, you make me feel good. Thanks for the compents about the house. Noelle do the walls really look white? I was going paint them but now I know for certain I am. I have got to have color. And Karen, I think I am going to frame what you said. :D

Karen I hope you are not feeling bad today. You can still exercise if you have a head cold. But, if it is respritory you need to rest. You have been doign so good though that I don't think a break would push you back. I got your PM too. Thanks for thinking of me.

Cal we really didn't do too much to the yard yet. I change a few things that were here from the model home. We are waiting until the pool goes in to start to really work on the yard. We are very lucky in that we didn't have to do much. They put alot of money inthe ground since it was the model. Of course, I have to do a few things to make it my own. What is even more fun is taht my neightbors don't really know much about plants so I get to help them too. I love giving ideas and helping them at the plant nursery.

Noelle Joe and I were going to head out your way but the pool put a stop to that. I know that one year we will be able to meet. We were looking into that cruise around the islands you were talking about. I think our next few vacations will be spent in our back yard. Fine with me. It will be cheaper, I think. :lol:

I had to bring Joe to the bus stop this morning so on the way hoem I stopped at the gym and got my workout done. It feels good to have that out of the way. I did make a comment to the lady at the fornt desk thought about all of the kids. She said that there have been plenty of those coming in so maybe that means they will start to make some changes. I doubt it, but a gril can dream. I am leaving to get my hair colored soon so I will check back in later.

Karen31
03-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Good Morning,
Well, I must have slowed down enough to let this bug really get a hold of me! :( I just have no oomph today at all. I was going to walk but the legs said no. Guess I'll try to give it today to rest and see what tomorrow brings. I have the nasy cough that I guess goes along with this and a heavy chest. Maybe I will try to get caught up on some housework that I have kind of got behind on in the last week or so. That way I can kind of go easy and then take a break when I need to. Sure hope tomorrow is better. I hate being sick!!!
Hope everyone is having a good day. Karen

Kempyd
03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Karen make sure you load up on vitamins. Have you ever tried Zinc before?

Karen31
03-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Kempyd, Yes, I take zinc. I take a tablet in the morning and one in the evening. I tried the zinc lozenges several years ago but with this bug I really don't have a sore throat. Just a cough. I also take C, b12, E, calcium, magneseium and a multiple vitamin everyday too. And this year we have been taking the echenachia and hoped that it would help with the bugs. I guess it did-- we haven't been sick up until now. Talk to you later. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Karen, just get some rest and let yourself get better. I like taking Tylenol cold pills for congestion and that heavy head feeling. They have night and day formulas too. Hope you feel lots better real soon.

I just had lunch from Subway, a roast beef sandwich. They increased my exercises at therapy and I'm hobbling around today. Sheesh, just when I thought I was "good" they go and hurt me all over again, those sadists! :lol:

Did anyone watch AI last night? It was such a disappointing show. I'm sure the ladies will do MUCH better tonight. I'm getting to where I'm just taping it and watching it later, then I'm not a slave to their time schedule.

Kempy, that's ok about your vacation, you'll enjoy your pool a lot quicker and a lot longer than a trip out here. I still would love to meet up w/everyone one day... "everyone" being subjective to whose still around these parts. I wonder what happened to Angie, her life must be pretty hectic. I am still dreaming of a Las Vegas meet up. I love Vegas, it's such a party town.

Well, I gotta run and get the boy from school. Chat more later. Hope everyone is having a great day. :grouphug:

Newlifestyle
03-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone,
I finally found my way back to this sight. If it is okay with everyone I would like to post here. It is funny because I thought I knew my way around, sort of.
Have a great night and I will add you all to my favourites.
Thanks
Ann

melekalikimaka
03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Good morning ladies. I woke up with a sore throat but I am taking Airborne so I hope that will make it go away, I don't want to catch a cold right now. Michael gets out of school early today so I may take him to see a movie.

:wave: Hi Ann, of course we don't mind if you join us. I love your positive attitude, all of us here need as much support as we can get and we love to give it too. What part of Canada are you from?

Karen, I hope you're resting up and getting better. Thinking of you.

I have to get ready for the day but I'll be back later. Have a good one.

Karen31
03-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Hello all! Well, this morning I woke up and have no voice!! That will probably make Tim real happy!! ;) I guess if I have to yell at him for anything I will have to have him come in to the computer so I can yell IN CAPS!!! :rofl: Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm dreading it.... I haven't walked for the last 2 days and it seems since I have the scratchy throat and cough all I want to do is eat!! :hungry: Shoot even the dog food is looking good!!! :nono: Why can't I be like normal people and lose their appetite when they get sick!! :shrug: I hope I can get back to walking if not tomorrow over the weekend. Hopefully next week will be better and I can start new again!

Hope everyone has had a good day. I'll catch you all later. Karen

Kempyd
03-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey guys. Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I got busy doing things beofer we leave. I ended up painting the first coat on a side table too. I am waiting for hte humidity to go down a bit before I put the second coat on.

Karen I lost my voice once and Joe thought that was the best thing ever. He knew I was mad when I would write on a piece of paper and give him the look at the same time. :lol: I never realized how much I wanted to talk when I couldn't. I hope you are feeling better today.

Hi Ann :wave: It is always nice to have new girls to chat with. I just don't know how you deal with living in such cold weather up there. I am sure you feel the same way about me living in the south. I would love to learn more about you.

Noelle what movie did you guys go see? We tried to go see Wild Hogs one night and couldn't get in. I really want to see that one. When do they say you will be able to stop PT?

Ok, I am going to work on the bills. I need to pay everything that is due while we are gone. I hate worring about all of that while I am trying to have fun. I will check back later to see what is up.

Karen31
03-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, I got on the scales this morning and i had gained a pound! :( But I really was expecting it. It just seems like when I get sick that I end up eating a little bit all day long! And of course, the good stuff just doesn't cut it. But I decided not to move my ticker since I will lose that pound and hopefully more this week. I still feel yucky but I think I'm getting better. I don't plan to walk today but want to do more than I have the last several days. Maybe chasing the vacuum cleaner will help get a little energy back! ;)

Kempyd, I forgot where you are going--- I hope you really enjoy your time away and have a really good time. Don't catch this bug!!

Noelle, are you feeling better? I know I started out with a scratchy throat for a couple days before this bug caught me. It sure isn't any fun.

Ann, Nice to hear from and we are looking forward to getting to know you.

Well, I think I'm going to go and have a cup of coffee and get ready to do something. I really hope I can get some more housework caught up since I haven't felt to much like doing anything.

You all take care and I'll check back later. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Good morning ladies. I dealing with a stuffy head. I took some Nyquil last night which really helped me sleep but the throat is still scratchy. Gee Karen, I didn't think cold or flu bugs could travel through the internet! :lol: Just kidding. I am weighing in this morning then off to PT. I may have another 3 weeks to go but I should find out for sure today.

Kempy, we didn't get to the movies yesterday. My 16 m.o. niece is staying with us for a few days since my sis had surgery and I had Michael just keep her company. If I'm feeling better I want to take him to see Wild Hogs too. We took him to see Ghost Rider last week and that was pretty cool. My sister has seen the movie already and she said it was hilarious from start to finish. Aren't you guys going to Tennessee?

Karen, you just rest up and get all better then when you're back in your regular routine those pounds will come off again. Don't worry too much about it. Hey, did you watch the elimination show on AI last night? They have the top 12 now and it's not who I expected it to be. I can't believe that Sanjaya kid made it through. I hope he is eliminated next--if the voting public has ears that work he will be!

Cal, how are you today?

Ann, I hope you can find your way back here. :D

Well, I better get a move on. Have a good one!

Kempyd
03-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Karen we are going to Nashville for a convention. It is one that Joe is going to, I am just going to hang out and shop. We already have all of our nights taken up by contractors that want to take us out so that is nice. I have never been to Nashville so it should be fun. I really don't know what we will have time for.

Noelle between you and Karen weighing in I feel like I should too. I guess I do in my own way. I will hop on every other day but of course it is not moving. I told Joe I wouldn't be able to make 10lbs. I guess I shoudl just be happy I am healthy at the weight I am. NO!!!! I want to weigh less! :tantrum: I am trying to keep a positive head but some days are easier than other. Ok, I really need to get to cleaning. I don't want to spend all weekend doing it.

Kempyd
03-09-2007, 12:37 PM
Here are a couple of pics from the front yard. We have not done anything to the back yard yet. It still looks like it did when it was the model home. They put landscaping back there but of course I want to add and move some things.

Karen31
03-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Hello there, Kempyd, I do remember that you said you were going to Nashville now. We were there in 1999 and what a fun time we had!! Make sure you check out the Wild Horse Saloon!! I'm posting a couple pictures of when we were there. One is of Tim and myself at the Grand Ole' Opry and the other and the other is at the Country Music Hall of Fame where I was standing on a part of the original grand ole opry. We also went to Memphis and went through Graceland.. I am a huge Elvis fan and that was such a treat. I know you will have a really good time.

Sorry Noelle, that you are sick now too. This sure isn't fun! I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Well, I'll let you go for now. Have a good day. Karen

Karen31
03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Kempyd, I really love the pictures of your house. I'll bet you really enjoy being able to put your own touches on it. I'm looking forward to being able to do some things with ours this Summer. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Hello ladies, well I lost 1 lbs this week so I am doing the grateful happy dance :dance:. This has been slow going compared to other times I've done WW but you know what? I don't care because I'm not even exercising! Once i can kick it up a notch I will have those pounds coming off! :dancer:

Karen, love the pictures of you and Tim. You know, you look a lot like my MIL when she was younger :D. I'm not a big country music fan but if I got the chance I would definitely visit Graceland. Elvis is cool.

Kempy, your house is beautiful period. When can I move in? :lol: So how long are you gone again? I guess me and Karen have to keep this place going, either that or I have to go and recruit more people again. ;)

I'm off to see what's for dinner. Fish something I'm sure. Have a great evening.

calnative
03-10-2007, 09:52 AM
School's out for 2 weeks. :carrot: :cb: :dancer: :woohoo: :yay: I still can't believe that this school year is almost over; only 1 more quarter (about 10 weeks left). I'm not doing much for these 2 weeks; bum mostly. :beach:

This weekend we're cleaning out Ashley's room to get it ready for her new furniture which will be delivered on Tuesday.
Monday I have to take some papers down to the Dept of Ed, and on Wed my brother is going to check out our A/C unit to make sure everything is working well.

It's already starting to warm up a bit. It's supposed to be in the 90's this weekend and all next week. It is nice in the mornings and even now I have the windows open throughout the house.

Noelle: I hear you about the PT. I'm glad I'm through with it. This week I was even able to wear regular shoes without the brace. It feels nice to be back to normal. I even went out and bought a new pair of sandals. By the way, thanks. :hug:

Ann: Welcome. We hope to get to know you more. All the ladies here are so terrific.

Karen: My great-aunt in Pueblo said that it's supposed to be in the upper 50's there this weekend. Do you still have much snow? I told her that I wasn't going to visit during this 2 weeks because I figured there would still be snow on the ground. I don't deal well with that stuff. :D In fact, when I lived in Utah for school a few years back, as soon as I saw a snowflake I covered my car and walked or took the bus everywhere I needed to go. In fact, the grocery store had home delivery and I definitely took advantage of that. :lol:
I liked the pictures of you. I've been to Nashville a couple of times, but never been to the Grand Ole Opry or the Hall of Fame. Been to Memphis a few times as well and never to Graceland; I don't really care for Elvis.

Kempy: The pictures of your house are beautiful. When do you leave for Tennessee? You're going to have a great time.

Have a great one everyone.

Cal

melekalikimaka
03-10-2007, 06:57 PM
:wave:Hi ladies, don't know if any more of you will pop in this weekend but I'm just peeking in. I went grocery shopping today at the Army commissary w/my dad and it's been awhile since I've been in there. I couldn't believe the price difference in some of the stuff i usually buy at the regular grocery store. Get this, I buy soy milk from the store for around $4. The commissary has the same exact thing for $1.86! I bought well over a weeks worth of stuff for me and it came out to $86. $86 would get me maybe 2 bags of groceries in the regular store. It's just unreal and I maybe I gotta coax Rick to go back in to the Guard.... nah, on second thought.... :lol:

My niece on the other hand, who just got back from basic training a few months ago has decided that she is going active--not full time reserve, but regular Army active. She is nuts I think. They are sending her to her first duty station in Alaska. I was kidding around and told her she needed to bring her Polar bear repellant--silly kid thought I was serious. She has a lot to learn that girl.

Cal, 90 degrees already? But it's a dry heat right? :lol: We have been getting lots of rain recently and it's a little humid but the temps aren't so high so it's bearable. There is a carnival I wanted to take Michael to but I don't know with this rain. Ashley's a lucky girl to be getting new furniture. I am thinking about getting a new platform bed, the one we have now is a bit high and with this thick mattress we have, I actually need a little stool to climb on my bed. Isn't that weird? Relaxing for 2 weeks sounds great to me.

Anyway, just coming out here to post to keep me in the swing of healthy eating... I don't want this weekend to go haywire and I have to re-lose the same 2 lbs over and over again. Have a good one.

melekalikimaka
03-11-2007, 04:15 AM
Hey, we just got back from seeing the movie Wild Hogs....it was FUNNY! If you need a laugh, go see this. John Travolta is still a hottie.

Karen31
03-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Hello All, Well, I thought I should check in since it has been a few days. I've been going to bed around 7:00 or 8:00 just trying to get rid of this bug! And today I think I may be getting the upper hand on it!!! :carrot: I felt like doing a few things today and hopefully I can get back to my walking. It has been 6 days since I walked and I sure hope I don't have to start back at the beginning again:(

Noelle, I really want to go and see "Wild Hogs" too. It just looks so great and I saw the 4 of them on I can't remember which talk show but they were so funny!

Cal, we still have a little bit of snow on the ground but none on the roads. Although it snowed last night!!! :( But today was back up to almost 60 degrees! We're supposed to be in the 60's and 70's through Wednesday and then they are talking about maybe some more snow. But then back up in the 60's again. But that is the way it will be now probably through April. I remember one year we got 16 inches of snow on May 16. And one year we were shooting fireworks on the 4th of July in the middle of snow!! :dizzy: I know it is crazy.

Well, I hope everyone is doing good and staying away from this bug! I still don't have much of a voice only about every other word comes out!! Tim thinks it is real funny!! You all take care and I'll check back tomorrow. Karen

Newlifestyle
03-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi all, sorry I haven't posted but we are on holidays and I am having trouble posting for some reason. My computer keeps freezing up. I am not sure if it is the remote internet or what.
I am from Ontario, Cananda.
I hope you are all doing well and I will read all the previous posts. Hope the weather is nice for everyone.
Take Care
Ann

melekalikimaka
03-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi Ann, hope you're enjoying your vacation in warmer temps. Glad you could pop in if only briefly. :hug:

Well I am just back from PT and it was pretty darn great today. Didn't hurt too much and well, I'm walking much better. The flu bug I had only lasted two days tops so I am feeling pretty much 100%. It is rainy and humid here which is miserable but I am indoors and enjoying my A/C. More rain expected tomorrow. The kids are out on break and destroying the house so I left them w/grandma and grandpa in charge.

Karen, 60 degrees huh? That's practically tropical for you :D I hope you're feeling better and can get back to your walking. It's hard to get back into the groove sometimes after a break. Hope your voice returns too. Maybe some hot tea and lemon would help.

Kempy must be off to TN?

I am at work so I guess I better get started. I so wish I was at home napping :lol: Have a good one.

calnative
03-13-2007, 10:16 PM
So far, I've been enjoying my time off from school. I've been somewhat busy with housecleaning, but it's nice to not have to be anywhere and to not have to write lesson plans.
We bought a new computer yesterday. I've decided to pay the extra to have their guys set everything up. They will be coming over on Monday. It's going to be interesting because it's a desk top, but has wireless capability. I thought that was very interesting.
Ashley wants me to countdown for our cruise, but I told her it was too long and we'll wait at least until April 1. She's getting quite excited.
I've realized that this last quarter is going to go by quickly. I was looking at some of the things we'll be doing at school, and it is going to be through fast.
I'm thinking about going to a different district. I really like where I am, but if I can go to this other district, I'll only be a little over a mile from home. I would love to be able to leave later and get home earlier. Plus, the pay at the new district is about $4000-$6000 more per year. The only drawback is that I really like where I am now. I'm looking into the options and, luckily, I don't have to make any kind of decision until May.
Hope everyone is having a good day.

Cal

Karen31
03-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Hello Everyone, Today I have felt so much better!! :carrot: I really am hoping that I have the energy to start in on my walking again tomorrow. I still feel a little drained but I know that it is getting better.

Noelle, what did you think of American Idol last night!! :yawn: It was pretty sad! I thought that Lakisha and Melinda were really good and Haley even showed some improvement but the guys----- I don't know when they are going to come to life!!! I hope that this is the last week we have to see Sanjayia!! He just doesn't have it. At least that is what I think anyway. I told Tim it was easy for us to sit on the couch him all stuffy and me with no voice and critique them!!!

Sure hope everyone is doing good and I'll check back later. I hope I can change my exercise ticker tomorrow!! :woohoo:

Take care, Karen

melekalikimaka
03-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Hello ladies, I am a little swamped with work today but just wanted to pop in and say hi. PT went great today, not too much pain. I thought it was great on Monday too, but yesterday I was aching all over...must be because I was working muscles I didn't even know I had :lol:

Karen, American Idol stank bad last night didn't it? I loved Melinda and Lakisha as usual, but overall it reminded me of the other season where they had to sing Elton John songs and butchered most of them... I agree about Sanjaya though, he should've been sent home last week!

Cal, how does Ashley like her new bedroom set? Moving to another school is a big decision, but I know you will do the right thing for you. More money doesn't hurt. I was reading an old magazine the other day, about that guy who was a pedophile and tried to enroll himself in Jr. High? I didn't realize he was in AZ. Scary!

Well, I have to get more work done. Chat later. Have a good one.

calnative
03-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Noelle: That guy was enrolled at a charter school about 3 miles from my house. In fact, my therapist, while I was doing PT, said his daughter went to the same school. We talked about it quite a bit. One of the problems with not identifying him earlier is that it can sometimes take months to get records from previous schools. Even if he never attended another school, he could put down one and have several weeks before being caught. You're right; it's really scary.

Karen: I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Take care.

Cal

Karen31
03-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Good Morning, :sunny: This morning I was determined to do some walking so I put in the 3 mile WATP and I finished it!! :carrot: I was pooped at 1 1/2 miles but just had to push myself to keep going. It is only half of what I was doing before I got sick but at least I didn't go back to the 1 mile. :running: I just really wanted to get back into it. So now I will try to at least do the 3 miles tomorrow and if I can, get back to my 6 miles! It has been 8 days since I did any of the walking so I guess 3 miles was pretty good.

We had a pretty sunny day here today but it is only going to get up to about 45 degrees. But then tomorrow and through the weekend it is supposed to be in the upper 60's! :dance: I'll take that!

I can't believe they kept Sanjaya again!!! Are people watching with the volume turned down!! :dizzy:

Well, better get busy while I still have some energy left and get some laundry done. Have a good day. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-16-2007, 02:10 AM
Hey Karen, I was knee-deep in laundry all day today, didn't even make it into my office until now (it's past 8 pm!). Anyway, I'm glad I got it all done and put away. I'm supposed to WI tomorrow at WW and I haven't been really that great about staying OP so I'm not expecting much results from the scale. It seems the more I do in PT the more I want to eat. I guess exercise will do that to ya, especially if you do weights. :lol: I have to get a grip and start journaling again if I ever want to get back to onederland.

Cal, how was your day? Hope you're just lounging around and enjoying your downtime.

Anywho, gotta get these paychecks cut so I can go back home and get into bed. Chat more tomorrow. :D

melekalikimaka
03-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey ladies, HAPPY FRIDAY :dancer: :cb: :carrot: :hat:

Well, I braved my WI today thinking I would have a maintain or a gain.... but I showed a .2 loss. point-two. :rolleyes: I should celebrate because it's not a gain right? :lol: Geez, slow and steady wins the race but I didn't know it would be this slow :snail: . At PT today they had me on the weight machines to build up more strength in my quads. I know I will feel it tomorrow.

Anyone have plans for the weekend? I plan to try and walk around the block, and maybe take Michael to a carnival. Oh, and stay OP and not eat junk so I can have a better loss next WI. :crossed: Hope some of you can pop in and say hi, I don't like being schizophrenic and just talk to myself. :lol: Have a great weekend.

Newlifestyle
03-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Hello everyone.
I hope all is well with you.
Hi Noelle.
That is awesome you lost weight. Take everything you can get because it does add up. I am .10 away from 50 pounds, I should have stripped down at the meeting. Didn't want to scare the people though.
I hope it is warm there. Here we are getting a big snowstorm, lucky us.
I thought it was spring. I guess we have to wait a little while for it to be nice here.
Good luck to everyone having a successful weekend.
Take Care
Ann

Karen31
03-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Hello everybody! I did my weigh in here this morning and I lost 4 pounds this week! :dance: That makes me feel a whole lot better!! I didn't do my walking today though-- decided it was time to jump on this house and get it back in decent shape. My gosh I have been sick for about 2 weeks now:( I am getting some energy back but still have a really lousy voice!! It comes and goes but mostly is still gone!

Noelle, congratulations on the loss.. that really is good since you haven't really been able to do much in the way of exercise for awhile. You should be proud of that. See you must have done something right!! :)

We don't have any big plans for our weekend. Still waiting for the snow to melt out of the yard!! It's almost gone but it sure has made a mess of our driveway!!! :fr: It is really a muddy mess. I think we are going to get some gravel for it if it ever dries out!!!

Ann, WOW!! You are so close to that 50 pounds!! That must be exciting! I can't wait to get there!!!

Well, everyone have a good weekend and maybe I'll catch you all after while.
Karen

melekalikimaka
03-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Karen, congrats on those 4 lbs. YOU ROCK! Do you realize you hit the 20 lbs loss mark??? :bravo: :cp:

Ann, you are AMAZING and inspiring as well. .10 to hit 50 lbs, I know you will hit it!!! Whew, I needed that dose of inspiration. I will remember both of you this weekend when I'm thinking about eating junk food. I want to make it a good week so I can have a good WI next Friday. Thanks girls! :hug:

Kempyd
03-17-2007, 11:58 AM
HEY GUYS!!! We are back. Only for a few days though. Joe's grandfather is having open heart surgery Tuesday so we are going to dive in for that. He is going to be fine though, he is very healthy otherwise. We had a blast and now I am not going to ever eat again. I think that is all we did. Wake up, eat, hang around the room (me), eat lunch and have a few drinks, sit around, eat dinner and have a few more drinks. I don't ever want to see junk again! I didn't gain as much as I thought though so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is mostly water.

I did get a chance to go tot he Grand Ole' Opry Monday. It was really pretty. Such history. I do have some pics but i need to make them smaller. The hotel was AWESOME. It was better than Vegas in there. It was like being outside all of the time because it was under a hugh dome. It had waterfalls and building that looked like houses inside of it. I have just got to post them. We saw a show one night that was put on by one of Joe's contractors. It was great too. It was impersinators and they did a really good job. There was Elton John, Cher, Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart and the Blues Brothers. The MC was Austin Powers. It was amazing how much these people looked like them. I cheered so much my voice still isn't right.

I have not had a chance to read the post and I need to wash some clothes. I will post some pics in a bit too.

Kempyd
03-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Ok, the first pic is from our room balcony. The second is from the bar that that was right below us. The cool thing is that it rotated so I was able to wait to get a good shot. The flowers are the orchids that were all over the place. I took lots of those and now Joe wants to grow them. The next pic is of me and 2 Austin's the darker suit is the actual impersinator, the other is Joe's contrator. It is sacary how much them look alike.

Kempyd
03-17-2007, 12:10 PM
These are the buildings inside the place. One was a little shopping area and the house is actually a steak resturant. The cool thing about eating in Opryland was that you always ate outside, and everyone loves that.

melekalikimaka
03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey Kempy, welcome back. Those pictures are great, that place looks beautiful! I will add TN to my list for places to visit. My mom has that type of orchid, it is really beautiful and bold. I'll say a prayer for a speedy recovery for Joe's grandpa and for you guys to have a safe trip. Good to have you back again.

Rick is digging up the asphalt in our driveway and will be prepping it for a new concrete slab. I have to go move the cars before I get trapped in the house today. Have a good one.

Kempyd
03-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey guys. We re heading back to LA tomorrow so i thought I would pop on to say hi. Not much activity going on here today.

Thanks Noelle. You have got to go see Nashville. We really only left the hotel twice. Once to see the Grand Ole Opry and the other was to walk to the mall. Do you remember when Opryland was around? Wel, it is anymore. There is an Outlet mall there now. What is funny is that we ahve the same one here in Katy. It has normal stores in there too but you can get some really good deals. When we were trying to leave is started to POUR raining so we had to stay there for a bit. We ended up going to the movies and saw 300 on the IMAX screen. That is a good movie, kind of bloody though. I loved being able to tell Joe I told him so. I wanted to drive the car to the mall and he said to walk. :D Why is that such a good feeling?

Karen31
03-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Good Morning!
Well, I think I am back on track now-- I did the 3 mile super fat burn DVD twice --back to back! Iam going to have to hurry though if I am going to make my walking goal for March! :running: I still get out of breath when I am walking like that but I just plan to keep on pushing through it. When I got up this morning I thought that I would go for 8 miles--- but 6 will have to do it for the day! Maybe tomorrow.

Noelle, how are you doing? Are you still going to PT? I know that sometimes that hurts worse than the injury in the first place!! But they justify it by saying it is going to make it better.:hug:

Kempyd, It sounds like you had a pretty good time in Nashville. We weren't able to stay in that Hotel when we were there--- no vacancy! But of course that was in the middle of Summer and also they were having the country music fest at the same time!! I hope to go back again before to long and visit everything all over again. Tim was pretty impressed with the NASCAR cafe too. We both like the Nascar races.

Well, now that I have rested a bit from my 6 mile walk it is time to jump in the laundry again!!

Everybody have a good day. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Good morning ladies, I am off to PT in a bit. Hopefully only for 2 more weeks. I have a Drs. appointment on Wednesday so he will see how I'm doing. I just got done paying up my portion of my surgery bills...payday was last Friday and let's just say that I am now broke til next payday. :(

Karen, you are just blazing up those miles. Don't kill yourself trying to reach goal, you were out of commission for a good week. I wouldn't doubt it if you could reach it though, you are really motivated :cp: I like to watch Nascar races on TV once on a while although I don't know too much about the drivers or teams. I would love to see a race in person though.

Kempy, I want to see 300 too. But I think Zodiac (w/Jake Gyllenhaal :love: ) is next. Do you guys know how long you're staying in LA?

I gotta get a move on.

Hi to all and have a great day.

Kempyd
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Karen you are doing great even having been sick. You should go back to TN, I want to. This time I would like to be able to take in a few sites, not just the hotel. Although that was great I think Nashville has more to offer than that.

Noelle I like Jake too but I am not a fan of scary movies. I think I will have to pass on that one. We are going to be gone until Thursday or Friday. I think we are just going to play it by ear and see what happens. We are taking the dogs with us and I am leaving a hugh bowl of food for the cat.

calnative
03-20-2007, 11:39 AM
This week is, so far, very relaxing. Hubby and Ashley are at work/school, and I'm enjoying peace and quiet....a luxury for any mom!!

Karen: You are doing awesome. Be careful not to overdo, especially after being sick for awhile.

Noelle: Hopefully you will be done with PT soon. Just look forward to when the therapist (or Dr) says you're done with PT, then go out and celebrate.

Kempy: Your pictures were great. I've been to Nashville a few times, and I really like that city. Once, I was there the night of the CMA, and that was awesome.

I hope some others come out to play soon...Dips, Angie, etc.

Cal

Karen31
03-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Hello all,
I thought that I would be able to do 8 miles today but I was only able to get 6 in. I guess I will just keep it at 6 miles a day for awhile and then maybe one day next week I might be able to jump it up to 8. :) I guess I should be happy that after not being able to do it at all for 10 days that I can get started again at the 6 miles.

I'm so happy our snow is just about all gone!! :carrot: But they are still saying we could get some snow the end of this week. But at least it won't stick around very long when we are getting up in the 60's almost everyday. It will be so nice when the driveway dries out! You kind of have to have the cars in 4wd to get through it right now!!

I hope everyone has a good day and I'll check back later. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Hey y'all... just trying on my Little Rock twang, which could also be used in Nashville :lol: I am in the office this morning but I had to bring Michael with me to give my parents a break. They've watched him all of last week, and he has another week off for Spring break. I am going to drag him all over town with me, bring my taxes to the accountant and possibly do a little shopping. He is having his 1st communion in a few weeks so I need to find him some pants and maybe a jacket.

Karen, I'm glad you're moving into spring there. I just can't relate to how drastically the weather changes for you guys. That's awesome.

:wave: Hi Cal.

Well, I am supposed to go out w/my girlfriends this weekend to celebrate a birthday. The movie we wanted to see won't be in the theater on the night we want to go, but the new movie Shooter came out (w/Mark Wahlberg, another hottie). We may go and see that. Other than that, nothing much going on around here. Have a good one and I'll check back later.

calnative
03-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm still just enjoying my time off. Actually, these 2 weeks off have felt very long. I'm actually looking forward to going back to school. Once back, there are only 10 weeks left until summer vacation. I'm really looking forward to our trip this summer.
We got a new computer and I'm really loving it. I can't believe how much faster it is. We had the Geek Squad at Best Buy set everything up. It was nice not to have to worry and become frustrated with setting everything up. We gave the laptop to Ashley, and she is excited to have "her" computer.
The weather has turned off really nice. It's partly cloudy today and the high is only supposed to be 77. I have every window in the house open. It feels good to relax with such nice weather.
Hope everyone is having a great day.

Cal

FatToFitVirgo
03-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Hi, this newbie Virgo is here at the invitation of Karen31. (Thank you, Karen!)
I'm a 56-year-old lifelong Chicagoan. A musician, woman w/a sense of humor, who was actually physically fit and active in the middle '80's. I got married --still am happily married 18 1/2 years, actually!--and put on my weight. The idea "Let's get back to sexy" is a good one. It's even more important for me to get over/past my lethargy and lose my weight for health's sake--both my parents died what we would now consider relatively young: my dad at 65, & my mom 1 1/2 months before her 60th birthday. She was skinny, but a smoker from the age of 14. I don't smoke, but I am much heavier than I want to be. Even when I was active I didn't like to exercise, although once I got into it, it was okay. Ironically, now that I'm online, I'm even less inclined to exercise, since I've got my butt parked in front of the computer.

Help, ladies, help!!

gentlebutterfly
03-23-2007, 01:06 AM
hey yall!

Just wanted to join the chat if thats okay! and share some good news! in 1 weeks of dieting I lost 1 pound

calnative
03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
:welcome: :welcome3: to Virgo and Butterfly.
I think you'll find the ladies on this site motivating and just plain awesome. We're like a family here, and we support each other through not only gains and losses, but also life.

I live in Arizona, just outside of Phoenix. I'm married for 10 1/2 years and have a 9 y.o. daughter, Ashley. I teach 7th grade Language Arts (Reading and Writing). I travel a lot (spent 5 weeks in Europe last summer; looking forward to our Alaska cruise in June). My hubby is from Italy, so we travel there quite often. I've met two of the ladies from this site: Angie in Maine and Noelle in Hawaii (actually I met Noelle at Disneyland).

This is my last day on Spring break. It's back to the grind on Monday. I hope the next 10 weeks don't go as slow as the last 2. Ashley already wants me to put up a calendar to count down to vacation. I told her we'd do that after the first of April.

We got quite a thunderstorm yesterday; even slowed things down at the airport. I'm so glad I was home to enjoy it...what a mess at school when I went to pick up Ashley. :dizzy:

Karen and Noelle: Hope to see you post today. I figure Karen is enjoying the warm weather. :D

Kempy: Hope things are going well in LA.

Dips: How is school going? Are you on Spring break yet?

Hello to everyone else. Have a great day.

Cal

Karen31
03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

:welcome: Virgo and Butterfly!! So glad to see that you have decided to join us. I really look forward to getting to know you.

Well, this morning was weigh in day for me----I just lost 1 pound this week but I'll take it.:carrot: I have found it so hard to get back on track with my walking and the ab lounge since I was sick and didn't walk for 10 days!! :( But I've been trying to give myself the "pep talk" and by Monday I plan on being back at it everyday. :running: And you can imagine since I was having a hard time trying to adjust to the mini trampoline after I got it :trampo: -- that since I was sick I just haven't even "looked" at it yet!

Hi Cal, It has been very nice here for the last week or so. BUT tonight they are talking a mix of heavy rain and snow!! Maybe even 2 or more inches over the weekend!! I guess that is Colorado for you.. But at least it won't stay long this time of year!:rain: We only have one small pile of snow left in the yard now so I guess it is time to add a little to it!! Didn't you say you had relatives in Pueblo? That is just about an hour from here. If you want to see pictures of "real time" weather here and in Pueblo you can go to www.krdotv.com and they have neighborhood webcams set up! The one in Pueblo is at the Park View Medical Center and the closest one to us is the one in Woodland Park at the Dinasaur Museum!! Hey! If you go there--- the Palm trees in Woodland Park are "FAKE"!! But everyone gets a pretty good laugh out of it! Especially this past Winter when we were having 12 inches of snow at a time and the pictures came through with the Palm Trees Standing pround!!! :rofl:

Noelle, Hey back at ya!! That's Nashville for you!!! :lol: Ok it's also Missouri too!! That is where I'm from originally and all my family is still back there. They used to live out here too but all moved back there. I am the last hold out --- I just like Colorado Summers so much better than the hot humid Summers in MO. I've heard that "Shooter" is supposed to be a good movie but haven't seen it yet. Let me know what you think of it. HEY!! Are you voting to keep that Sanjaya in!!!! :joker: Isn't that terrible!! I've heard that they have all kinds of websites set up to vote to keep him in jsut because he is so BAD!! Thanks Howard Stern!!! I keep hoping every week that he gets booted.. I can't believe they kept him and got rid of Stephanie! Pretty Sad.

Well, I'm going to go and see if I can't get my 6 miles walking in this morning. It seems like I just may need a real :kickbutt: to get this totally back on track!!

Take care everybody and I'll check back later to chat. KEEP SMILING !!
Karen

melekalikimaka
03-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Good morning and welcome ladies :wave: . I was pouting yesterday and didn't get online because Rick (my husband) decided to hop on a plane to Vegas yesterday. His sister and her family went up earlier and they are meeting a long-lost cousin they didn't know they had. The trip was last minute and wouldn't you know, that jerk didn't even think to ask if me and Michael wanted to go. Michael is still on spring break until Tuesday and we could've easily all gone if he had called around. The travel agency we use that does charters only had one seat available for yesterday's flight so he took it. I was so mad because I love Vegas. Oh well, he will owe me big time...I think I'm going to ask for a trip to Bangkok this year w/spending money--so it is well worth my misery now. :lol: BTW, I'm 35 years old but act like I'm a spoiled teenager. :lol:

Karen, congrats on the pound lost :cp: No way am I voting for Sanjaya! In fact, I'm getting quite disillusioned by the show :( . Oh well, at least we know those that can actually sing can be picked up by record labels even if they don't win the contest.

Cal, enjoy your last vacation day. We cheat a little here in HI because we have a state holiday on Monday so no school til Tuesday. I hope your thunderstorm rolls on over to Las Vegas :devil:

Hello Virgo :D I have visited Chicago once and loved it! It was in the heat of summer and i was a few months pregnant and miserable, but the city was GREAT. So much to see and do. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Butterfly, congrats on your 1 lb loss! :bravo: I like your signature line too. Hope you can stick around and chat.

Kempy, are you back in TX? How'd the surgery go? Hope all is well.

I've got to get ready for my day. 2 more weeks of P/T :rolleyes: Chat later.

Karen31
03-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi Noelle, Sorry that your hubby didn't "think" to invite you and son to go to Vegas!! :hug: Sometimes I don't think hubby think much at all!! But I'm sure that you will find a way that he can make it up to you!! :) Anyway, keep smiling!:D

Cal, I am including a picture I took just about 5 minute ago of our "WARM" weather! :snow4: :rofl: At least this time of the year it won't last very long!! You may need to click on the picture to make it bigger to see.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Saturday and I'll check back later to chat. Take care everyone. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Hello ladies. I am enjoying a lazy Saturday afternoon. I took my son to the newest TMNT (Ninja turtles) movie. It was OK for me and he enjoyed it so that's great. I am going out w/my girlfriends tonight to celebrate a birthday. Dinner (Italian) and another movie. Probably Zodiac... we found a theater that it is still playing in. My sister will watch Michael so I don't have to worry. So, nothing much else going on here, except for me giving Rick a hard time every time he calls, poor guy :devil: . I think I'll take a quick nap...I can't stay out so late without one :lol:

Karen, that snow is beautiful when it's falling. I'm sure you don't think so when it's coming down relentlessly though :lol: I'm glad it's warming up for you guys there.

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend.

FatToFitVirgo
03-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Hello, Karen31, calnative, melekalikimaka and butterfly! Thank you so much for your warm welcome--I really needed it. I must tell you, this is SUCH a FRUSTRATING site!!!:( :?: :mad: I wish there were some kind of place where one could go, like a site map, to EXPLAIN (in clear language) how to 1)find threads; 2) LEARN HOW TO GET BETWEEN THEM EASILY!!
I feel like I'm lost in a hall of mirrors! I go to "Search". I'm supposed to enter something so I have a place to be looked up. But if I don't know what there is, how do I know what to enter, to go to it?!! Earlier today, I tried to find "Let's get back to sexy" on a search. It kicked it back, saying "too many words"--well what do I do then? I wrote an entry, clicked post, thought I was finished with it, went to the next page, came back--only to find my entry gone! This is the second time I'm writing this one! Honestly, if you all hadn't given me such a warm welcome right now, I have to tell you I was almost ready to say #@&% IT!--I DON"T NEED THIS SITE! But the truth is, I need a place to be accountable to, weight-wise, so I don't keep irresponsibly eating and not exercising. I do want to lost weight, primarily to stay healthy as I'm getting older--but being slimmer for my HS reunion in 3 months doesn't hurt, either! I'm hoping to get down to 187 for the 6-23-07 reunion. By the way, I DID exercise: I walked about a mile, getting chores done yesterday. As soon as I'm done w/this entry, I'm going to get on my stationary bike. Thanks to Karen31 I enlisted on FitDay, too, to get an honest understanding of how much & of what I'm really eating.

Okay, ladies--thank you again, and WELCOME, too, to all my fellow newbies here. Thanks for all your help.
--Virgo

Karen31
03-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Hi Virgo, At the top of the page it will say "Thread Tools" Click on that and then you can subscribe to this tread (or any other that you are on) and then when you go to the User CP it will show when there is a new message or you can elect to receive and email alert when there is a new message. Sorry that it is confusing but it will get a lot easier. I know you will be happy that you have decided to stick it out. I can't think of a better place that you can get all the support and encouragement that you can get here. And after you have been here for a little bit you will find that it is very addicting!! But in a good way and "NO CALORIES"!!

Noelle, How was your evening out with the girls? I haven't done that in ages. Although I do meet a friend of mine for lunch once in awhile. She also has to poms.. One is red and the other is pure white! When we get all 4 of them together it sounds like we have a herd of pomeranians!!!

Our snow has stopped for now and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's again. I imagine we will have several more of these snows before Spring time really is here!! But it is pretty when it comes down in those huge white flakes.

Well, I think that I will call it a night. Hope you all had a good Saturday and I'll catch you all tomorrow. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Happy Sunday ladies...i'm just back from my night out with the girls. It was so much fun. I so needed that. Zodiac was an interesting movie and Jake Gyllenhaal is such a good looking guy :T

Anyway, turning in and saying good night or good morning. :D Chat more tomorrow if my funky computer permits.

Kempyd
03-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey guys! We are back. Well, they pushed the surgery back to April 4th. So, we ended up just staying the rest of the weekend to visit with everyone. So, that means that he isn't REALLY bad like we though. He is very opitmistic about everything and is just ready to move on with his life and start to heal. That is always a good sign. While we were there Joe helped our friends start their fence and I just hung with my girl firend. We ended up having a crawfish boil and man where they good. Noelle and Cal you remember when we used to have those all of the time when we lived in Ponchy?

I see we have some new ladies here!!! :carrot: That is so great. Don't worry Virgo you will get the hang of it. I have been here for a few years now, oh my gosh, I think it is about 5 years now! I just moved to Texas from Louisiana b/c my hubby got a promotion and I love it here. I never thought I would sicne I grew up in LA but you couldn't tear me away now. I am not working right now and boy am I loving it. We are having a pool dug in a week and I think I might look for a part time job once that is in. Of course, I will probably change my mind once it is in since I will be wanting to swim all of the time. I am 32 with no kids but 2 labs and 1 cat. I look forward to chatting with you more.

I am posting a pic of the girls from last night. They were so tired form the trip they passed right out.

Karen31
03-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi Kempyd, Welcome Home!!! Isn't it always good to get back home? I love going on vacation but after awhile I look forward to getting back home again. I'll bet you are anxious to get that pool in!! :carrot: I know I would be. Of course we had snow here on Saturday but in the 60's on Sunday!! Today is really nice and it must be Spring because the "pesky" praire dogs are back out again!! Ginger and Sissy can't stand them!

I did get my 6 miles in this morning with the WATP's but I'm not going to make my goal for March... Being sick for 2 weeks just really messed that up:( But April is a whole new month!!

Noelle, it sounds like you had a good girls night out.. sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Hello to everyone else and I hope you all have a Wonderful Monday. Guess I better "Step away from the computer" and get some work done!! :D I'll be back later to see how everyone is doing.
Karen

FatToFitVirgo
03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Good morning, ladies! I am very happy to report that this morning I weighed in at 208 ! When I started here I was 211, so already I am seeing results! I spent two hours gardening yesterday. It was in the 70's which can be unseasonably warm for March here in Chicago. Well, no--it is late March, after all, so the month is "going out like a lamb". Removed a bunch of dead vines, foliage, and out front by the sidewalk, litter from the wind/litterbugs. For those of you living in warmer climes, March in the Midwest can be pretty grim by comparison to what you've got. And yet, when the trees start to bud, and the tips of the tulips & daffodils are coming up, and the crocuses are out, one feels a real lift to the spirit, seeing all the signs of renewal!

It's going to be up in the 70's today, too! So I'll be out doing more yardwork again. I make sure I have my water. And whenever I get tired, I remind myself one reason I'm doing it (besides it needs to be done!) is so I'm more active. That helps keep me motivated. As does remembering my HS reunion is now less than 3 months away! Reporting back here to compare notes is a new motivator--and a successful one! Thank you, ladies!

By the way, thanks to Karen31 for helping me get around a little more easily. Nothing like being able to use the site for actually using it! I really appreciated the warm welcome you all gave me. A BIG CHEER!!! TO ALL OF YOU, RIGHT BACK!!!

Kempyd
03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Virgo I am a fellow gardener too. Usually this time of year I am no where to be found on the site. Since we moved though I really don't have as much to do. They pretty much did the yard for us so now I can chat more. I love yard work b/c I know I am getting exercise but it doesn't feel like it.

cwneeds2lose
03-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I can't believe I haven't posted all month, and the month is almost over. It's seems like the days are flying by. I've been busy with my mom's family and the estate of my aunt, cleaning out the rest of the house, and phone calls. We went to Disneyland last week for four days. My daughter had a cheer comp there, and you can't go to the Anaheim Convention Center with Disneyland right across the street and not go. Anyway, we ended up getting my daughter an annual pass, because a friend of hers goes all the time, and she's always asking her to go. As for the weight loss, it's on a stand still again.

Kemp, I love the pics of your house. (It took a while to catch up on everyone.) I've always been a white wall person, but lately I've been liking a little color myself. I also loved the pic of your girls. My baby does that all day long.

Noelle, hope your PT is over soon. Your my hero still losing wt while being injured. I know what I need to do, but I'm having the hardest time following thru. I've skipped the last two meeting, and it's showing. I should have owned up and went last week just to get the meeting in. I'm looking forward to seeing Wild Hogs, but I don't do scary movies. I remember when I was a kid (most of you probably don't remember it because your all so young) but there was a killer and they called him "the zodiac killer." Was this movie about him? I loved the old 1st Ninja turles movies from years ago, so I wondered how this new one was going to be. Is your hubby back from Vegas yet? I'd be upset too if David took off without me like that. David's going to Reno at the end of April for a conference, and I'm going with him. I've only been there once, so I'm hoping it will be fun.

Cal, you always go to the coolest places. I know several people who went on that cruise, and absolutely loved it. I'd love to be your kid and get go on vaca with you.

Karen, I love seeing pics of your babies. They are so cute. You are the exercise queen. I would be doing so much better with losing weight if I would stick to a workout schedule.

Hello to all the new ladies. These are the greatest ladies.

Well, I hope to stay connected a little better in the next month.

cw

melekalikimaka
03-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi ladies, it's a Hawaiian holiday here (Kuhio day, for Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole...say that 3x fast :lol: ) My sister and I took Michael and my other niece who's 9 to the zoo. I called my oldest sis at the last minute and she brought the baby. It was a crazy zoo day, lots of schools and spring break groups were there, but it was a beautiful day out and we let the kids play around after lunch. On our way home we stopped at the Humane Society so we could see all the dogs and cats. It makes me sad but I love to visit and give all those cute animals some love. Surprisingly there weren't that many cats in the cat house, and a lot that were were already adopted. There were these hairless rats up for adoption too--creepy! :faint:

:wave: Hi cw! Nice to see you around again. I would have loved to visit Disneyland... I am still giving Rick a hard time about being in Vegas, because I'm immature like that :lol: He gets home tomorrow so I can bug him in person. How did your DD do in the cheer competition? The Zodiac movie was about the zodiac killer. It had it's gory moments, but it wasn't really grossly gory like for shock factor. It was probably pretty factual and an interesting story to watch. I was disappointed to find out that after all those years of "unsolved" murders, that when they finally did catch him, he died of a heart attack before being sent to jail. That guy was just evil. You know, don't feel bad about the weight loss being at a stand still--it's better than gaining. You'll get that grove back and get back to losing. I have a confession to make, I skipped my Fri. meeting because I knew the scale was up. I know, stupid... but this week I am trying my hardest to stay OP so I can show some difference on my next WI. It's actually those times when you know the scale will be up that we need those meetings the most. How come it's so easy to give advice than to follow it? :lol:

Hey Virgo, glad you're getting used to the site. I put a link to this thread on the other thread you posted on, but you probably couldn't find that thread either :lol: Glad you're here again.

Kempy, glad Joe's grandpa could have the surgery postponed if it wasn't really that urgent. You guys sound like you had a great weekend w/your crawfish boil and all. So did Joe go and teach those guys in TX how to make a real boil? Hey, how's this? My 18 y.o. niece who's in the army got herself a marine boyfriend who's from New Orleans :lol:. She got transferred to Alaska and he's getting shipped to Iraq so they won't be seeing each other soon.

Karen, good for you getting those miles in. You are awesome. :running: I can't believe it's almost the end of the month. Where did the time go???

Well, it's starting to rain here and I need to go check if the windows are closed. Chat more later. Have a good evening.

Kempyd
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Good Morning! I don't ahve much going on today. I need to make a serious trip to the store though. We really haven't been home since the begining of the month so there is nada to eat. I guess that could be a good thing. Joe just found out that his cholesterol is high so I am trying to figure meals that are good for him to help get that down. It is genetic but I think some of what we do is to blame too. I am reading a book about it and it looks like we are doing the right things for the most part. But, he still eats lunch at the office and he usually goes for the red meat. That is going to have to stop.

CW good to see you back. You should post more often. I know you are probably busy though so I am just glad to see you when you do pop on. I am in the process of trying to pick a color for the main part of my house. I have to make it a good one b/c I am going to hire someone to do it and I am not going to change it after that. I am playing around with a shade of blue but I still don't know yet. We have too much neutral in here as it is so I need to put a real color on the wall. Nothing scary bright though.

Noelle our friend flwe to LV for a convention yesterday and called Joe when he got there. He said he culdn't imagine what it was going to be like that night b/c it was only 3 and the place was jumpin'. His wife is kind of freaked about him being there unsupervised. He likes to play blackjack and he can get out of hand sometimes.

Did any of you see Dancing with the Stars last night? I thought Clide did so much better this week and so did Billy Ray (boy that felt funny to type out). I love that show. Joe usually gets to watch me try to dance around the room when it is over. I have my weird moments.

Ok, to the grocery list. I'll check back later to see who has posted.

cwneeds2lose
03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Hello everyone. Well, I faced my WI today at WW, and it wasn't pretty. :yikes: That's what I get for avoiding the meeting and making it worse. Then the leader asked a question: "Raise your hand if you like yourself right now?" and the sad thing was I couldn't raise my hand. Then my friend asked me a questions, and I started tear up. :cry: I hate that. Unfortunately, I did it right in front of my mother-in-law. I love my MIL, but if you let her know something, it's like announcing it on the 5:00 news. :gossip: Anyway, enough of my pity party.:blah:

Kempy, I painted my office blue, with white trim. It turned out really nice. My daughter-in-law picked out brick red for her kitchen. :eek: When a friend of ours came to hang the cabinets, he made a comment on the color, but it really looks nice. She did a really good job picking out colors for her house, and no two rooms are the same color. My husband and son tiled the entire bathroom, walls and all. It looks really good. It actually makes the room look larger. I watched Dancing with the Stars. I love that show too. I think the first kid "paulo"? or Raul? or whatever his name is, will take it. He was the first dancer last night. He and his partner look so cute together.:dance: Billy Ray was better, but he'll be one of the 1st to go.

Noelle, Disneyland was fun. We were there for the 40th anniversary of Pirates of the Carribian, so there was a lot going on with famous artists, and collectibe stuff. My daughter's team didn't make it to the 2nd day of finals, so we ended up leaving a day earlier than expected. My granddaugther was there with us one day. It was so fun to see her get excited over the princesses.

I hope to post again before the month is out, but we are leaving for the beach :beach: on Friday. It's Cesar Chavez day, so my husband and daughter have Friday off, and then it's spring break for us. Have a good evening everyone.

Karen31
03-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Hello Ladies,
Well, I feel pretty good today-- I did my 6 mile walk again today so that makes two days in row!:carrot: I didn't think I was ever going to get back to it! Hope to see some goodresults on the scales this Friday.

CW, I'm sure that you will get back on track and be losing again in no time. Just remember everyday is a new day!!

Virgo, Congratulations :bravo: :woohoo: :cheer: on your weight loss!! I'm jealous that you are already out working in the yard--- we are probably going to still have a few more snows before I can think of that! I can't even think about doing anything until after the 1st of May! We still get temps that are freezing right up 'til then. Then I have to watch that the deer don't eat everything that I put out there!!

Kempyd, I'll bet you are getting excited about the pool! I think I would spend most of the time in it if I had one. Of course, I would have to buy another life jacket for Sissy.. Haven't done that yet. I will get that done before we go on vacation though since my Dad will have his pool filled this year. That way I won't have to worry about if Ginger and Sissy fall in the pool when I'm in it. Ginger just wants me to carry her the whole time, I don't know about Sissy--- last year he didn't fill it.

Noelle, Did you finish up with your PT yet? I'll bet you will be glad when that is over. You will probably be happy to get back to exercising too. I really missed it when I was sick! Gosh! Is that me talking???

I hope everyone has a good night and I'll catch you later. Karen

FatToFitVirgo
03-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi, Everybody!! Karen, you don't have to be jealous of me in the garden anymore--once again Chicago weather changeability has prevailed, and the March that seemed like it was going out like a lamb has metamorphosed back into a lion! I went out to shop & pay some bills around 3:30 p.m. When I was coming home, a little before 6:00, the temp must've dropped a good 15 degrees! So no, I won't be doing any more gardening for a while myself!
Mele (may I call you that, for short? I mean no disrespect), I enjoyed your humor in "but you probably can't find that thread either"--no, I couldn't!
Kempyd, if you ever see a notice for a little independent German film called "Schultze Gets the Blues", you should check it out. It's about an old German who retires, and one night when he can't sleep, he turns on his radio and happens upon some Cajun music. At first he's offended, and turns it off--but comes back in a minute, turns it back on, and gets hooked on its rhythms. He ends up going to Texas and Louisiana. He "gets" the blues as in understands, appreciates the music. It's an odd little film, but sweet, in an unexpected way. If any of you see it, go check it out. Life's too short to just see the same old stuff! (Like Schultze, with the Cajun music!)

Okay--as far as "Getting Back to Sexy" goes, I am finally back on my stationary bike, for the first time in months. The main reason I'd stopped doing it, was I'm starting to have weird cramping in my muscles at odd times. Strong enough that I have to stop whatever I'm doing, stand and try to relax whatever muscle seems to be affected. My thigh, of all places, on both my legs (at separate times) has been miserable, for a number of minutes at a crack. So I've been really leery of being on the bike, fearful of prompting an episode. Knock on wood, so far so good.

I''m also using FitDay to log in my meals and activities. Talk about making one more aware of just what the old eating habits are! I even enter water, in order to remind myself to keep drinking it. And I'm reporting here, to touch palms, give one another "high fives" to keep going. All of us!!:high:

Have a good evening, ladies! I'll be back tomorrow!

Kempyd
03-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey guys. I am home today with cramps, those wonderful things.

Virgo I love cajun music. Growing up there you just hear it all the time. I spent lots of time in the French Quarter too so that helped. Nothing ike shakin' it to the music. I will have to check out that film. Good job on getting back to exercise. I used to use fitday but my compulsive side came out when I did. I found myself taking all sorts of food into the office to enter it into my personal food list. I got a little carried away.

Karen I will be very excited once we sell our property in north LA to pay for this pool. I am thinking it will be this week but if not I am going to have to push back to day of the dig. I have no idea what is taking so long for the sale of it. When we bought it we were done with it in 2 weeks, this has been going on for over a month now. URGH!

Ok, you guys never told me that I would start to fall apart as I got older. Not to disrespect but you are just a little bit older (I mean that in the tiniest bit older way). I feel like everyday I move and something else hurts. Everyday I think of something else to avoid the docs for. What in the world is going on? I thought we were supposed to age gracefully? This STINKS! I just stopped telling Joe and of the thigns that are btohering me b/c come to find out he has some too. :lol:

I hope to see you guys today.

Karen31
03-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Good Morning!
Kempyd, My Mom used to say that "Everything after the age of 40 is maintenance!" Now at 55 I know what she meant!!! It seems like if our cars started giving us this much trouble we would trade it in on something newer!!! :rofl: I hope things speed up on the sale of your property-- that can be so frustrating.

Hey Virgo! I thought I would let you know that it is really windy here and cloudy. In fact it was even spitting snow here this morning! :brr: They are saying that we will be getting snow tomorrow and Friday again. So it is probably headed your way! :)

I did my walking this morning and got another 6 miles in. I think for the month of April I'm going to change my exercise ticker to minutes again. That way even though I can still get 6 miles in I can also include other things on the ticker that should count too!! Like doing the ab lounge.

Noelle, How did you like American Idol last night!! :barf: Can you believe that Sanjaya?? It is pretty sickening to me. He really needs to leave, do not pass go and do not collect $200!! I told Tim that I thought that the dog groomer could do something with that hair!!!

Well, I'll check back and see how things are going with everybody later. Take care. Karen

FatToFitVirgo
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Got a really severe cramp in my right thigh this morning. I was just lying in bed, getting ready to get up, when it hit me. I had to struggle up, stand up, bend over, change position till I found how to stand relaxing that muscle. Took a hot bath, so that muscle would be soaking in hot water, which seemed to help. Man! Kinda scary. But it was happening when I wasn't exercising, too, so I'm just going to keep on, and try to be sensible. I've found that going slow but long is what works for me on the stat bike. I'll do around 45 min to an hour at a slow pace, watching TV, drinking water. Knock on wood, that seems to be working so far.
I've already gone to my doctor about it; I had a blood circulation test, which came out okay, no blockage. My next appt is in another month, so we'll see...

Okay, I'm not feeling real chatty right now, since my leg is starting to feel "iffy" whilst I'm sitting here. So ladies, I hope you understand I wish you all the best, but I'm gonna have to get up from being seated. Will make better conversation next time. Stay warm--and active! Thanks,
--Virgo

melekalikimaka
03-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Hello ladies, I'm having a pretty good day so far...got my PT exercise in and they are just kicking my butt! I should be out of there MAYBE by next Wednesday. In the meantime they are upping my weights and repetitions and my thigh is actually starting to look a little leaner to me--too bad it's more on one side only :lol:. I have just re-discovered that I absolutely HATE the stairmaster machine. OMG my lungs feel like they are on fire and once I'm done my legs are just jelly. It's a beast.

Virgo, is it the front or back of the thigh? Since I've been going to PT they have me lie prone and put a heating pad on my hamstring muscle (the back) before I start, then they have me stretch it out real good. It hurts in the beginning but after you do it, it feels great (the stretching that is). I guess the heat is too relax it a little and make it more flexible too. Hope you get some relief soon.

Kempy :lol:. Hey girl, welcome to the club! You've known me for 5 years now? And I've progressively been falling apart so I know what you mean. We aren't as young as we used to be :lol:

Karen, I'm not as into AI as I was in the previous seasons. I really wanted to be, but the caliber of talent is just not there, and this stupid votefortheworst website is just skewing everything in support of Sanjaya. Maybe we'll just be tortured for a few more weeks w/him, then he'll get the boot.

Well, I'm in the office now so I better get some work done. Chat later.

calnative
03-29-2007, 12:01 AM
So far this week has been going pretty well.
I was having some trouble with my right knee and went to see the doctor today. She's having some xrays and she said that I may have to go back to therapy to strengthen my right thigh. She said that the muscle got weak while I was in the cast. She reminded me that I really need to lose some more weight (like I needed a reminder) and that when I do, my knee will be much better. She said there is some inflamation. She doesn't want me to walk right now so I'm going to try riding hubby's bike with Ashley and see if that helps.
Otherwise, things are going well. The weather here turned off a little chilly. The high today was only 68. Supposed to be in the upper 70's by the weekend...can't complain.
By the way, my goal now is to lose 25 lbs by cruise time. HELP ME!!!!!
Have a great evening everyone.

Cal

melekalikimaka
03-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Happy Thursday! I am at work w/another stuffy head and runny nose. Yuck! The last time I thought I was catching a cold I loaded up on Airborne and it went away in a day. This time it seems to be hanging on. Last night someone broke into Rick's truck but luckily the alarm went off and scared them away. They punched the lock out on the driver's side door. We both ran outside in bare feet--bad move on my part. It was a little chilly outside and it probably didn't help my cold. Anyway, they didn't get away with anything that we know of so that's good. He's been looking into getting a new truck for work anyway, this one's on it's last legs.

Cal my girl, we have a lot in common :D Are you still following WW? I'm sort of at a stand still or it's been really slow going for me. I have to remember to journal because that's always kept me in line, but I'm lazy about doing it. I will help motivate you if you need it, both with the P/T and WW.

My legs are killing me today. Must've been the heavier weights yesterday. I know I'm not losing much weight right at the moment but my pants are fitting differently and I know I lost some inches on my waist. Rick bought me a pair of pants from Las Vegas and they were a size smaller than what I would normally buy, but they fit... small miracles :lol: I guess working out and doing weights DOES help! who knew???

So where is everyone hiding today?

Kempyd
03-29-2007, 04:04 PM
You go Noelle! New pants. Those are always fun. I am a firm believer in the miracle of weights. I would rather do that than cardio any day. I know I can't get away with it though now that I am getting older.

Cal you can do it girl! I know if you get back to WW you will be down 25 lbs in no time.

Virgo I hope you are feeling better today. Come back when you can.

Karen did you see LOST!!!! OMG! I actually feel like I learned something new last night that I never knew before. I hope they keep that up.

I have been running errands today. not much fun in that. I did stop by a place that does electrolysis to see if they were hiring and the pady called me back. It is all going to depend on the $. She said she is going to avhe to figure that out since the people she hires she usually trains herself and I am already trained and have practiced before. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a good amount so I can start to get some money coming in. I love working for my friend but it is kind of sporatic right now.

Karen31
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Hello Everybody,

Kempyd, I didn't get to see Lost last night because they had that big tornado go through Holly, Colorado and they had live coverage on it on the TV. It was pretty scary for those people down there I'm sure. It is about 200 miles from where we are. I'm glad that we have the mountains here to protect us and it isn't very likely that we will have a tornado. But a few years back there was one that went through but it didn't do the damage that the one last night did. It mostly went through large open spaces when it came through here. The people down in Holly are still without power and things are just completley destroyed. Tornados are so scary!!

Noelle -- congrats on the new pants!! I sometimes wish I didn't have all these clothes here from when I wasn't so heavy!! I have a lot of clothes to go through before I will be buying new. But I may just go and get a "new" pair any way just because!!!

Cal-- I hope your knee is feeling better. My left knee is starting to "POP" when I'm doing the WATP's now. I try to ignore it for now and maybe just not do it so intense for now. I've tried to tell my self too that once I lose a few more pounds that it will feel better!

Hey Virgo, Hope your doing better now too. I wonder if it hsa anything to do with the change in activity levels and also the weather is starting to change too. At least that is what I'm hoping it is for me. I hate to go to the Dr. so I try to reason things out--- probably too long!

Well, I'll check back later and see how everyone is doing. Karen

melekalikimaka
03-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi again :wave: Im so excited because I just booked our Vegas vacation for New years eve, without the kid! We even had credit vouchers from our last trip because we were delayed, so we got an extra $200 off. Cool beans!!! We will welcome in the new year in Vegas, but be on a flight home @ 8am new years day. I have to look online and see if they have the entertainment planned out yet. Last year downtown Rockstar Supernova was playing...darn, I missed it! I couldnt believe it that I missed Tommy Lee :(

Anyway, Karen, Im so glad that tornado damage wasnt anywhere near you. That wouldve been terrifying.

If youre wondering why Im typing without apostrophes, Im having a problem with my computer. Every time I hit the colon, semi colon or apostrophe it brings me to a search screen, I dont know why--its so frustrating! Take care of the knee, you dont want it to progress into something worse, take it from me! Do you take glucosamine? Its supposed to help lubricate your joints. I swear it works, but my orthopedic doc says its all in my mind. Whatever! :lol:

Kempy, how long or how many sessions would it take to do electrolysis on my upper lip? The hair is pretty fine, but its dark and I either have it waxed or use depilatory cream which dries my skin out. Im interested in having it removed permanently. I hope the $$ is good for that electrolysis postion for ya. Extra money would be great, plus it would get you out of the house some.

I gotta run and pick up the boy from school. Chat later.

Karen31
03-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Noelle, That is so exciting about already going to Vegas for New Year's! I've never been to Vegas but I think it would be so much fun.. And actually we are close enough that we should try to do something like that--- yeah right, try to get the hubby out of the house for something like that!! :rofl: We ususally buy a bottle of champagne and watch them shoot off fireworks off the top of Pikes Peak from our dining room window!!
I don't have any glucosamine but I'm glad that you mentioned it. I used to give it to my Sheltie that I had to help her. She was 14 when she died. And it helped her!! I'll put that on my grocery list right now!!

Hey! I just ran across this picture from last year when we went to the home and garden show in Colorado Springs and they had this baby Bengal tiger.. She was 4 months old and I just couldn't resist!! I thought she would be soft like a kitty but she was very wirey!!! But I still would have brought her home!! :D

Well, I'm going to get going for now and go watch Survivor with Tim. Take care and I'll catch you later. Karen

FatToFitVirgo
03-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey, everyone--feeling better, tho the right thigh still gives me an occasional twinge, as if to remind me it could act up any time it wants to. Mele, since you asked, it's in the front inner thigh. I'm going to have to look at Gray's Anatomy--the book, not the program!--to try to figure out which sub-group of muscles is affected. Was it Kempyd who was complaining about the physical insults of aging? Well for me, everything started to go bonko once I was 54 & my periods had stopped. Be grateful (cramps and all) that you still have them. You don't have to worry yet about to hormone replace or not. There's a bunch of junk you've got to "look forward to", but I won't scare you today!

Have been exercising on my trusty stationary bike. I have to say I LOVE being able to exercise while being seated!! Karen, that Glucosamine Chondroitin is truly the way to go. I get triple strength myself, for me & my husband. That way (if you find the right brand) you only have to take one big old horse pill at a time, not two or (gasp!) three! Whatever your local grocery/drug chain is, they likely have a Buy0ne-Get0neFree sales campaign from time to time. THAT'S when to snap up those expensive supplements; but you probably already do that--never mind!

Ladies, let's all work hard -- I'll see you tomorrow! Best to all,
--Virgo

melekalikimaka
03-30-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm waiting for CSI to come on, it's been ages since I've seen a new one and not a rerun...

Virgo, glad to hear you're feeling better. The reason I asked about which muscle is because I do a lot of stretches that seem to help. You can do a standing quad stretch to stretch out the front. You just lift your foot up and bend your knee backward, your foot should be up near your butt...and if you can, hold your ankle. Your knee should be pointing to the ground. If you can't quite grasp your ankle (I couldn't in the beginning), just rest your foot on a chair or table. You will feel the stretch pretty immediately. I would do it for probably 20 seconds at a time, with 10 second rest intervals for a total of 5 minutes. Sorry to sound like a therapist, but it's just fresh in my mind and I know it works.

Karen, sometimes it's safer to stay home and watch (or make your own :devil: ) fireworks than it is to be out and about. It can get crazy here at home or in Las Vegas. What's kind of neat about Vegas is that on the strip, they set up pyrotechnics on the roof of each strip hotel and set them off in succession at the stroke of midnight. It's awesome to see.

Anywho, gotta run and grab a shower. See y'all tomorrow.

Karen31
03-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Good Morning!!
Well, I have saved myself some work this morning--- I don't have to move my tracker!!:mad: :lol: It still gets frustrating when I work hard all week and then it doesn't show on the scale.. But next week there will be a loss so that will work for me too. :)

Noelle, We went up to Cripple Creek a couple times for New Years. But we went during the day and then got back before it was night time. They have turned that little mountain town in to a big gambling town and we went to just play a few slots and have a dinner. They have prime rib dinners for about $5.99. Can't hardly beat that!! But figured we would be safer to drive the mountain road back home during the day light hours and before the "drunks" all started leaving there after midnight!! We were right too--- there were all kinds of accidents that night.

Well, Tim hurt his knee yesterday and it is swollen so he is going to be home today. I told him he should go to the Dr. but he is just like any man---- "I'll fix it by staying home all day today." Who knows??

You have a good day and I'll chat later. Karen

Kempyd
03-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey guys!

:yikes:Virgo, don't sacre me like that. I am having a hard enough time with the parts of me that are falling apart. I don't want to think about what is coming next.(hear that with a very whinny tone and me on the floor like a 2 year old) :lol: I do love being older though. I wish I could do somethings over in my life with what I know now.

Noelle you dog, Vegas again? My friends hubby went crazy there the night before last and he is in the dog house when he gets home :devil: Serves him right! :devil: Sorry, just thinking it is funny that he is in trouble. Soemtimes men think they can do no wrong.

Karen it sound like you are married to my hubby. :D Home will cure anything. I love the pic with the kitty. I would love to have one too but I know they get big and I would like to live a few more years without being eated by a large cat. Mine thinks he is one of those sometimes and tries to bit me. I have to remind him who the bigger cat is too.

Well, I have to go clean the house. We are having a crawfish boil tomorrow and you know you have to have a spotless house for everyone. :rolleyes:

melekalikimaka
03-30-2007, 07:56 PM
TGIF ladies :D I am back from my WI and lost 3 lbs this week...well, I skipped WI last week so that total was for the past 2 weeks. Still, I am HAPPY! Only 4.4 to go to reach my 1st 10%. It's been slow going but I'm proud that I'm still trying. It's so hard to keep motivated at time, but I'm glad I have you guys around to help me. So anyway, I also got the good news that I'm probably done w/PT next Wednesday. I'm gonna miss working out on those weight machines. Maybe I should look in my own backyard and see about using the one I have huh? :lol:

Karen, that is the right attitude about losing the weight, just keep on trucking. I'm sorry to hear about Tim and hope he gets better soon. Maybe some ice would help w/the swelling? And some TLC from you.

Kempy, what is it w/guys and getting into trouble??? Don't they ever learn? :lol: I had to go and get Rick from the bar yesterday...I pretty much just showed up there and showed him a suitcase I had packed for him and told him if he wasn't coming home now, then he could take the suitcase and go spend the night somewhere else. :lol: Aren't I evil? Well, he went straight home after that. :kickbutt:

Well, I just got into the office so I better get some paperwork done. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

calnative
03-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the words of support.
Some teachers at school started up their own version of 'The Biggest Loser' and I decided to join in. Because of my knee, I can't participate in the competitions, except maybe the walking, but the support factor will be a plus. Everyone put in $50 and it will be divided into 4 pots for winners on the last day of school. (1st place gets $750!!!) I don't really care if I win any money; I figure that I can be a winner just by losing.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Cal

FatToFitVirgo
04-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Hey, ladies, hope you're all doing well! Calnative, sounds like the "Biggest Loser" is a great impetus! You're right--whether you win the money or not, just by participating, you'll be losing--and that's winning, right there! Good luck! Karen--good job, doing more mileage! Now if that weather will only be more cooperative! Hope your husband's feeling better, too.

Good thing these menfolk have got us to keep 'em in line! Too bad we can't bring the weather in line, too. It's been up, it's been down. Looks like Spring, then suddenly cold rain makes it feel like it's a month ago. We had some pretty windy days here, so I haven't been out in the garden since last week. Oh, it looks nice--you just can't stay out in it very long!

I'm feeling better since I've been coming here & FitDay. It was a real eye-opener to see how badly my eating habits had deteriorated. Believe it or not, in my 20's & 30's, I was so active (I walked a lot, took martial arts classes, which was great exercise) that I could pretty much eat anything I wanted. If I overdid it for an occasion or holiday dinner, I just ate less for the next day or so. But I started to become a competitive eater once I got married. In the hot weather, I used to eat a couple spoonfuls of ice cream to cool my innards down--then put the ice cream back till I got home from work. That didn't work once I got married. HE'D eat the ice cream--ALL of it! Well!I started to consume my "fair share" so that I wouldn't lose out on MY half of the goodie-stuff (whatever it was). We were engaged during the summer of 1988, which was a drought year, and statistically one of the hottest summers/years in Chicago meterological history. The local grocery chains were constantly putting ice cream on sale because all their freezers were overtaxed & due to the heat wave, it was flying out of the stores anyway. (With a tear in the eye "I remember Haagen-Dasz was 3 for $5!!") No wonder we were packin' it away!--and I don't mean in the freezer! (In fairness to my "Wonder Hubby", he's been retrained for many years now!)

I was 157 when we were dating (and at that time, it was mostly muscle, so I looked thinner than I did when 157 & flabby). I was 165 when we got married, 175 the next year, up to 190 the year after that, & I stayed between 190-200 for most of this time. In 1998 I had a temporary low point of 187, but I soon went back to the 190's. I was around 200 for the year 2000. In 2002 or 2003 I hit my high point of 222, got disgusted, then motivated, and got myself back to the 190's. Then two years ago, my weight was taking an upward swing, and I wasn't even being "bad". I had a fling with WW (which I joined to spend time with a friend who was already a member). I didn't really want to be there, so my motivation was not what it should have been. But even my bad attitude shouldn't have kept me gaining when I was doing everything I did that usually worked. So, I went to the doctor, had blood work done. I found out my thyroid had stopped working!So for that alone, it was meant for me to go at that time, bad attitude & all!

Y'know--I just looked at the length of this entry, and the time. I really didn't set out to bend your ears on this (or hurt your eyes reading for so long)! I guess I just needed to give you some background on me. Anyway, I was getting back to where I was two years ago--only now my thyroid is under control, & this time, it was just having gone back to bad habits: poor self-control and no exercise.

So thanks for being here, all of you--you're helping me stay honest and grounded. I hope I'm helping you, too!

--Virgo

P.S.--Mele, why are you "Grumpy Girl"? Took me a minute to realize that was still you in Hawaii, you just looked "arty" & you weren't doin' the hula anymore! Huccome?

Kempyd
04-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey Virgo, we have started a new thread. I don't want you to think that we all left you and didn't respond to your post. We always start a new one each month so now you can start to look for a new one. Noelle (Mell) is usually the one to start it and I didn't want to lose you off of the group. What a great story by the way. We all love to hear about why we are all here. Look for us on the page, it should be Weighty Issues #51.